This Is It Entertainment Reviews

171 Reviews for This Is It Entertainment

• Danielle

Danielle L. · Getting married on 07/11/2021

Responsive, fun entertainment team

We met the This Is It Entertainment team at a wedding sampling event the day after we got engaged. Out of all the vendors there, Will and This Is It stuck out to us the most. The way that Will talked about their business and how they approach weddings was exactly what we were looking for. We are all about the music and having an MC and a DJ to help with the flow of the night just made sense. Even though we didn't end up choosing that venue for our wedding we left feeling as if we'd found our entertainment team.

When we met with James to discuss the options for our night we were excited to learn we could also add on a lighting package to make the event even more memorable. After talking through our wedding vision and the type of music we like we were paired with our DJ/MC team. This Is It hadn't been to our venue before so they met us there to make sure that our lighting plans could work with the layout. It was helpful to have James and Chris talk through everything with us.

We were all set to go and then COVID hit. When trying to figure out our new plans we knew that This Is It Entertainment HAD to be part of them. They were one of the top vendors we wanted to make sure to keep. The team was so flexible with us in rescheduling our date. The live stream dance parties they have been doing during the pandemic have been something we look forward to every week. And they make us even more excited for our big day next year. We can't wait to see our wedding dream come to life with the This Is It Entertainment Team and would definitely recommend them to other couples.

Sent on 10/16/2020
  • Donna

Donna B. · Married on 04/30/2021

This Is It!

This Is It Entertainment was AMAZING! We would highly recommend if you want to have your guests up and moving and having an awesome time you hire this company! James and Davey met with us multiple times to discuss are vision and music style and KILLED IT the night of! Look no further for your DJ and lighting vendors!!!! We’re a week out from our wedding and my husband and I just keep talking about how amazing the night was! We’re still getting calls from our guests about how fun the night was! And we owe that to This Is It Entertainment! Thank you from the bottom of your hearts! We love you guys!!! 💕

Sent on 05/08/2021
  • Alexis

Alexis P. · Married on 11/14/2020

Amazing crew

This is its team have been absolutely amazing during our wedding planning process!! Unfortunately due to the circumstances and times we are living in we’ve had to postpone our wedding from this November until 2022 but cannot wait to have them be a part of our special day as it already feels like we are family!! Amazing crew!!!

Sent on 10/16/2020

Kelsey L. · Married on 10/23/2020

You won't regret hiring This Is It!!

I cannot say enough good things about working with This Is It! We had Will as our MC, Rob as or DJ, James for lighting and we got a percussionist through them as well and it was amazing! People were dancing ALL night and couldn't stop talking about our DJ. We booked right before COVID hit so we did everything via FaceTime and they still managed to make our day perfect! They also offer an online portal which is so easy to use to input all your songs. I used to work at a wedding venue, which is where I first heard This Is It, and no other DJ compared to them and I've seen a ton of DJs! We wish we could relive it all over again!

Sent on 11/02/2020

Alissa W. · Married on 09/19/2020

We love this is it!

I cannot even express how much I love This Is It Entertainment. From our first conversation with James, I knew that we found the right people... we ended up being on the phone for 2 hours just chatting and having a blast...like what!? James listened to the type of wedding we wanted and hooked us up with our DJ Rob and MC/Host Will ….and boy were they a perfect fit for us!!! We had multiple meetings with Rob and Will, and grew to love them as friends before our big day...and you know when you party with your friends it's WAY more fun!! It's been two weeks since our wedding...and let me tell you, people are STILL talking about how much fun our wedding was, and on multiple occasions we've heard "Literally best DJ and MC at a wedding EVER"...….we even had people tell us they wished they booked them at their weddings coming up! I cannot thank Rob and Will enough for playing all the music we love, and for literally inciting the most epic metal dance party I've ever seen!! If you want a rockin' party that you and your guests will love, don't walk...RUN to This Is It!!! Also - they do some seriously epic lighting ....our tent looked AWESOME!!!

Sent on 10/02/2020

Kristin M. · Married on 08/15/2020

An Amazing Wedding Spearheaded By A Killer DJ/MC Combo!

We had This Is It Entertainment DJ and MC our wedding in August 2020. They were absolutely amazing in every single way! Will and Mike (DJ Dynamight) were instrumental in making our wedding fun, enjoyable, and most importantly, safe. It was not easy planning a wedding during Covid, but Will and Mike were with us every step of the way, listening to our requests and then executing on them the day of. They were flexible, punctual, and overall awesome guys. Each of our requested songs were played, and DJ Dynamight was able to read the dance floor and know exactly when to keep it moving. Will was full of energy the whole time and was able to keep everything flowing smoothly. We absolutely offer our full recommendation for Will / Mike / This Is It for your wedding!

Sent on 08/26/2020
  • I

Irene G. · Married on 06/27/2020

Seriously the best!

James, Andrew, and Chris killed it. From the ceremony through the last song they absolutely nailed it! James knew exactly what tracks to keep everyone in the floor. Chris lit up our tent, transforming and setting the scene perfectly. Andrew hyped everyone up–and not in an annoying, interrupting DJ kind of way–and kept the energy going. The whole team stuck by us through two reschedulings due to covid and were a pleasure to work with. They all really take the time to get to know you and what is right for your day. Our guests were on that dance floor the whole night and even after the wedding consistently complimented us on our DJ. There are a lot out there and it's easy to get lost with what vendor to pick but with this team you will not be let down. Thank you to everyone at TIIE for being such a huge part of our day!

Sent on 11/25/2020

Michael C. · Married on 12/22/2019

Wedding- 12/22/2019

For anyone unsure what to do for their wedding music and entertainment, look no further. Disclaimer: If you are on the fence about a band versus a DJ/Entertainment group, this review will probably not make your mind. But if, like my wife and I, you know you want a DJ, this review will hopefully help.

Firstly, it’s important to know that This is It Entertainment (TIIE) is not just a bunch of disc jockeys who do this stuff in their spare time. These guys are comprised of a group of passionate emcees, DJs, lighting technicians, and event planners. I can’t tell you how key this is in helping build the perfect day.

Okay, so to start we were immediately impressed with the effort and passion put forward during our initial meet with the owners, who take every customer seriously and don’t take the “if you want our business, you’ll come for it” approach like some. They give you everything they’ve got in trying to bring you along as their client. The fact that we would have an emcee and DJ with a basic package through their group was really a sell, and they get to know you more to help in finding a good match out of their crew to handle your event. Of course, another huge selling point is the lighting equipment and tech that you can add on. We will get to that.

We met Will, our emcee, after signing on and pretty much fell in love. I don’t know how best to state this other than to say Will cares. And he shows it by learning a lot about you as a couple and how you want your event to go. Will was absolutely brilliant on our wedding day and we got so many compliments on his presence and ability to run the show. Will even worked with my best man to do a custom video presentation that was above and beyond.

Dan, our DJ, was equally awesome. I think the best way to describe Dan is flexible. We got really lucky because we have similar music tastes and essentially met with him once and he knew what would work. Of course, he gave us great recommendations on some areas we were unsure of and filled in gaps perfectly. Even more important...he played all of our must plays!! I’ve heard some horror stories on this so Dan’s willingness to incorporate these songs was appreciated.

Lighting is such a bonus. It’s not cheap, but you get what you pay for. These guys have the real deal when it comes to equipment, so if your venue is lacking in uplighting or specialty lighting that you are looking to add that extra dazzle, these guys have it covered. And, their experience with their lighting crew makes it so you won’t have bright white eyes flashing in your face all night.

The online portal that can help you manage your event and your playlists is a great add, which comes with your package. There are some quirks to it but overall it does what you need it to do and can be a powerful organization tool.

Overall, these guys were a blast to work with and a part of the memory of our special day. Warm, welcoming, professional, and precise. Couldn’t have done any better in my opinion. Thanks to the team for all the hard work!!!

Sent on 02/04/2020
  • Debralee

Debralee L. · Married on 10/26/2019

Thank you for an unforgettable night!

James and his crew were the absolute best from the moment I first met them. James is very professional and so easy to work with. He listened to what we wanted and went above and beyond the day of our wedding. We could not have asked for a better company to work with. Thank you for everything!
    Debralee and Michael Marandola

Sent on 12/23/2019

Katie · Married on 10/11/2019

Best decision ever

James........where do we start with James........my husband and I were shocked when we stumbled upon James at the asbury hotel during a bridal show. We knew exactly what we wanted, and we found that in James and This is It!!!!! They were so unbelievably outgoing and SO friendly. Our personalities blended SO well. From start to finish, our experience with this company was perfection. All appointments were Perfect length in time, perfect amount of professionalism mixed with So much fun, and our wedding day would not have been the same without them. James and Will, THANK YOU, from the bottom of our hearts, for making our day SO amazing.

Sent on 12/23/2019
  • FutureMrs.Px0

Jessie · Married on 09/22/2019

A team that will go the extra mile!

My husband and I got married a little over two weeks ago and we used This is It Entertainment as our DJ/ MC. We had already had an awesome experience with James and Davie when we were a part of my sister-in-law's wedding in 2016 so we knew we were in good hands from the start. Davie and James took time with us to find out exactly the type of vibe we were looking for. They helped us hand pick songs for special moments throughout the night that really helped add our personal touch to the evening. I naturally tend to micromanage and ask a ton of "what if's" but these guys were already on top of everything before I could even go there. It is almost like they knew what I was thinking before I even had to say anything. They helped us work out the timeline of the day and they made sure our event was running smoothly at all times. Between the music selections, energetic MC and lighting crew these guys kept our guests dancing all night long. They were able to accommodate the live acoustic guitar player that we had for our ceremony and ensure that everything sounded beautiful. One moment I wont ever forget was before the ceremony, I was having a minor freak out just from being so overwhelmed and nervous. Davie (the MC) was super comforting and made me feel so much better prior to walking down the aisle. I can't thank him enough for this! If you are looking for a team who will go the extra mile for you, treat you like family AND throw a KICK ASS PARTY - these are your guys!

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Karie Mckenzie-O'malley

K · Married on 09/21/2019

Thank you for making our wedding amazing!

Our wedding was amazing thanks to Dave and James at ThisIsIt! They made sure everything ran smoothly and all of our guests cant stop talking about how much fun they had! They were so helpful and responsive during the entire planning process, I would highly recommend them for any event

Sent on 09/29/2019

Kelly · Married on 09/14/2019

Awesome!!!!!!

My husband and I cannot rave more about This Is It Entertainment! Jimmy Shoes and Rob Beats are AMAZING!!! We had a fire evacuation during our wedding and guest were greeted back to "We didn't start the fire" It put a huge smile on my face. I was so worried the party would slow down but they didn't let that happen!! Everyone was dancing all night 😊😊 We were even told by our guests that our wedding was the best wedding they've been to! You won't regret This Is It!

Sent on 09/16/2019

Lindsay C. · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing Experience with This is It !

This Is It team was truly an amazing company to work with from start to finish. From our first meeting with Keli and James we immediately had that "family" feeling. We felt like we had known them forever just from their excitement ! They really understood the vibe the the vision for our big day !
    They set us up with the dream team, Davie and Rob Beats who absolutely killed it. Davie is a beast at what he does ! He kept the crowed hyped the entire nigh from start to finish and was there checking in on both of us all night making sure we were happy-- although he could see from us not getting off the dance floor the entire night ! Rob also another beast and a key piece to our night-- the way he can read the crowd and see what working took so much off of our plates for making a whole song list. We gave him a few top songs we definitely wanted and he brought in exactly what he felt was working with the crowd to keep everyone dancing the whole night ! James and the lighting crew at This Is It made the ballroom feel like a club, and the dance floor was never empty -- that was exactly what we wanted !! The whole team genuinely cares about your entire day from the beginning to the end.
    We really look forward to continuing to use This Is It for any other big events we have in the future because we know they will absolutely deliver and make any event an amazing one!!
    Thank you again to the TII team for everything we truly loved every single moment, and we could not have done it without you !!
    Lindsay and Jay Choma

Sent on 09/18/2019

Alexis · Married on 06/29/2019

Awesome night!

Wow! This is It Entertainment is what you want for your wedding! Everyone had the best time! Not only did kill it with the music, but the crew they have are so cool. They are more than willing to make everything you want happen. I would highly recommend them to anyone that is throwing a party. Thank you for a great night!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Briana

Briana R. · Married on 06/22/2019

Pick This Is It!

My husband and I got married 2 weeks ago and chose This Is It based off of recommendations from a few friends. We are SO HAPPY we got to work with This Is It! James and Davey were amazing from start to finish, scheduling a few reviews to make sure we shared every detail of our vision with them. They are both extremely detail oriented which definitely helped the day go off without a hitch! James is a true musical genius and Davey is energetic, fun, and made sure that everyone at our wedding was having a great time. This Is It also has very reasonable prices which doesn't hurt! If we could do it all again, we would choose them every time!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin F. · Married on 06/01/2019

This vendor saved our wedding and made it the best day ever!

I would recommend This Is It to absolutely everyone. We were made to feel so comfortable and confident in them from our initial meeting with Keli and that carried through to all of our follow up meetings/conversations/walk throughs. My only wish is that I'd had an unlimited wedding budget and could have used more of their lighting services. These guys are so talented and made for a smooth stress free wedding. I don't know any other brides who can say that but I bet other This Is It brides can. Thank you so much to this incredible team. We had the smoothest, funnest more incredible wedding largely due to you.

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 05/03/2019

The Best Ever!

Wow! My husband and I couldn’t have made a better decision! This was more than hiring a DJ! This was full on entertainment! We had so much fun and they made the process so easy! We were walked through every step of the process before hand and the day of was seamless thanks to these guys! All of the song choices were a hit and our guests danced the entire night! Thanks to This Is It we truly had the best day of our lives!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Clayton M. · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing DJ company!!

As a recently married couple every time we see our friends and family the conversation inevitably includes our amazing wedding day and how much fun everyone had. This is it, especially Rob and Will, got us, our crowd, and the vibe we were going for. Guests felt personally catered to by the This is it staff! We had the time of our lives thanks to the crew we had; the dance floor was packed all night! Several guests consistently comment that our wedding night was the most fun and energetic of all the weddings they have ever been to. When we remember our wedding the best memory we will always have is the fun we had and we owe that to This is it! We recommend this company to everyone we know, you'll miss out if they aren't a part of all your most special events.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Tara · Married on 04/06/2019

Best Day Ever!

From the first moment we spoke to This Is It Entertainment, we knew we made the right choice. They were extremely professional and helpful during the meeting process. They made sure they knew exactly what we wanted and needed. Although we felt extremely confident with them going into our wedding day, we could not have imagined how amazing they would be. Not only did our DJ (DJ Dan) create a playlist that our guests are still raving about, but our MC (Jimmy Shoez) went above and beyond to make sure that everyone was having a blast. From the music, the timeline, the lighting, and the overall vibe, This Is It gave us the perfect night. We would recommend them for any event!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Garret M. · Married on 01/20/2019

Amazing Experience!

Working with This is is Entertainment was a pleasure. Planning was Great! Going into our wedding day we were 100% confident that our party would rock! So many of our guest told us for days after the wedding that the music was great and they had so much fun dancing the night away. I cannot recommend David Hickman enough!! Great MC for all events.

Sent on 02/17/2019

Jaclyn B. · Married on 12/02/2018

Amazingggg

Music was REALLY important to my husband and he did a lot of research and stumbled across This Is It and we are so happy that happened! We had such a great feeling after speaking with Keli on our first phone call. When we met Will and Tranquil we felt the same way. They really understood what we wanted. They made our dream a reality. I am so truly thankful This Is It was a part of our wedding day. I keep thinking about our wedding night and certain moments that happened during the reception and I literally can hear the music in the background during those moments. It was everything we could have dreamed of and more. Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 12/24/2018

Dayna K. · Married on 12/01/2018

One of a kind!

It has taken me sometime to write this review because quite honestly it's difficult to even put into words how AMAZING This is It Entertainment truly is. James & Davey... there is not another out there like you! You my friends are ONE OF A KIND! I say my friends because that is what you both have become. From the day we came to your office and sat on your couch there was no looking any further. Your work is on point and to those reading this its important to understand that these guys are not just your average. They are truly a production company. The atmosphere you envision on your wedding day in your reception room..... THEY MAKE IT COME TO LIFE. They know how to get a party started and had us on the dance floor from start to finish. When guests walked into our wedding reception they couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the room looked. Some had been to weddings at this venue before but never saw the room look like this. The reason being .... This is It Entertainment SET THE MOOD. The lighting made the room come to life. After taking in the atmosphere they immediately got the party started. I am being honest when I say our guests did not get off the dance floor the entire night. I can go on and on about how much I love these guys! THANK YOU GUYS FOR MAKING OUR WEDDING DREAMS COME TRUE! We freaking love you! -- Ken & Dayna Yasenchock

Sent on 01/18/2019
  • kristen

Kristen · Married on 11/23/2018

The Best of the Best!

We had seen their work at two other friends' weddings and we knew when our time came, we needed to have This Is It for our special day! James, our DJ, and Davey our MC, were personable, passionate, experienced and helped us have a blast all throughout the planning process. They offered up advice throughout our time planning with them, answered all of our crazy questions, and made sure that our wedding music showcased who we both were. They knew how important that was to us. The planning process was laidback and so much fun. Every time we walked out of their office, we were more amped up than ever! They are so incredibly professional, they worked with the other vendors including our venue to maintain a schedule and ensured that everything flowed seamlessly. We knew that we were in good hands the entire time and did not have to worry about a thing. Their photo booth was a blast and the lighting that they brought created a warm, visually stunning tone to the entire event that really made it stand out! We love these guys and can't recommend them enough! If we can post pics, let us know!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Katie M. · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing!

From the very first moment we stepped into the office with James, we immediately knew we were in the best hands. The online planner allowed us to stay organized and envision every detail of the day on paper. We had 4 in-person total meetings with both James and Davey (not including the numerous Email threads, texts and calls). They treated us like close friends from the very beginning. They never assumed anything, always asked. And truly gave us expertise advice. Coming from someone who has worked in the wedding business for 7 years- this was the most well-orchestrated, crazy, fun, amazing reception. The 70/80 year old crowd danced as much as those in their 20’s. The lighting was phenomenal and the moving heads were KEY in making the ambiance and vibes for the night. We are both leaving this process feeling like experts in lighting and music that truly captures your guests. All because This is It educated us, talked us through everything and helped us to understand every single detail of our day. The day after our wedding, both of our inboxes were full of our friends and family still in awe of THE MOST FUN wedding they have ever been to. You guys are amazing, cream of the crop, best of the best. Thank you for everything you did to make our day the best day ever. We will miss you!!!

Sent on 11/13/2018