This Is It Entertainment Reviews

This Is It Entertainment 4
  • Briana

Briana Rossi · Married on 06/22/2019

Pick This Is It!

My husband and I got married 2 weeks ago and chose This Is It based off of recommendations from a few friends. We are SO HAPPY we got to work with This Is It! James and Davey were amazing from start to finish, scheduling a few reviews to make sure we shared every detail of our vision with them. They are both extremely detail oriented which definitely helped the day go off without a hitch! James is a true musical genius and Davey is energetic, fun, and made sure that everyone at our wedding was having a great time. This Is It also has very reasonable prices which doesn't hurt! If we could do it all again, we would choose them every time!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Flynn · Married on 06/01/2019

This vendor saved our wedding and made it the best day ever!

I would recommend This Is It to absolutely everyone. We were made to feel so comfortable and confident in them from our initial meeting with Keli and that carried through to all of our follow up meetings/conversations/walk throughs. My only wish is that I'd had an unlimited wedding budget and could have used more of their lighting services. These guys are so talented and made for a smooth stress free wedding. I don't know any other brides who can say that but I bet other This Is It brides can. Thank you so much to this incredible team. We had the smoothest, funnest more incredible wedding largely due to you.

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 05/03/2019

The Best Ever!

Wow! My husband and I couldn’t have made a better decision! This was more than hiring a DJ! This was full on entertainment! We had so much fun and they made the process so easy! We were walked through every step of the process before hand and the day of was seamless thanks to these guys! All of the song choices were a hit and our guests danced the entire night! Thanks to This Is It we truly had the best day of our lives!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Clayton Merkle · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing DJ company!!

As a recently married couple every time we see our friends and family the conversation inevitably includes our amazing wedding day and how much fun everyone had. This is it, especially Rob and Will, got us, our crowd, and the vibe we were going for. Guests felt personally catered to by the This is it staff! We had the time of our lives thanks to the crew we had; the dance floor was packed all night! Several guests consistently comment that our wedding night was the most fun and energetic of all the weddings they have ever been to. When we remember our wedding the best memory we will always have is the fun we had and we owe that to This is it! We recommend this company to everyone we know, you'll miss out if they aren't a part of all your most special events.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Tara · Married on 04/06/2019

Best Day Ever!

From the first moment we spoke to This Is It Entertainment, we knew we made the right choice. They were extremely professional and helpful during the meeting process. They made sure they knew exactly what we wanted and needed. Although we felt extremely confident with them going into our wedding day, we could not have imagined how amazing they would be. Not only did our DJ (DJ Dan) create a playlist that our guests are still raving about, but our MC (Jimmy Shoez) went above and beyond to make sure that everyone was having a blast. From the music, the timeline, the lighting, and the overall vibe, This Is It gave us the perfect night. We would recommend them for any event!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Garret Marron · Married on 01/20/2019

Amazing Experience!

Working with This is is Entertainment was a pleasure. Planning was Great! Going into our wedding day we were 100% confident that our party would rock! So many of our guest told us for days after the wedding that the music was great and they had so much fun dancing the night away. I cannot recommend David Hickman enough!! Great MC for all events.

Sent on 02/17/2019

Jaclyn Barber · Married on 12/02/2018

Amazingggg

Music was REALLY important to my husband and he did a lot of research and stumbled across This Is It and we are so happy that happened! We had such a great feeling after speaking with Keli on our first phone call. When we met Will and Tranquil we felt the same way. They really understood what we wanted. They made our dream a reality. I am so truly thankful This Is It was a part of our wedding day. I keep thinking about our wedding night and certain moments that happened during the reception and I literally can hear the music in the background during those moments. It was everything we could have dreamed of and more. Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 12/24/2018

Dayna & Ken Yasenchock · Married on 12/01/2018

One of a kind!

It has taken me sometime to write this review because quite honestly it's difficult to even put into words how AMAZING This is It Entertainment truly is. James & Davey... there is not another out there like you! You my friends are ONE OF A KIND! I say my friends because that is what you both have become. From the day we came to your office and sat on your couch there was no looking any further. Your work is on point and to those reading this its important to understand that these guys are not just your average. They are truly a production company. The atmosphere you envision on your wedding day in your reception room..... THEY MAKE IT COME TO LIFE. They know how to get a party started and had us on the dance floor from start to finish. When guests walked into our wedding reception they couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the room looked. Some had been to weddings at this venue before but never saw the room look like this. The reason being .... This is It Entertainment SET THE MOOD. The lighting made the room come to life. After taking in the atmosphere they immediately got the party started. I am being honest when I say our guests did not get off the dance floor the entire night. I can go on and on about how much I love these guys! THANK YOU GUYS FOR MAKING OUR WEDDING DREAMS COME TRUE! We freaking love you! -- Ken & Dayna Yasenchock

Sent on 01/18/2019
    This Is It Entertainment 5
    This Is It Entertainment 6
    This Is It Entertainment 7
  • kristen

kristen · Married on 11/23/2018

The Best of the Best!

We had seen their work at two other friends' weddings and we knew when our time came, we needed to have This Is It for our special day! James, our DJ, and Davey our MC, were personable, passionate, experienced and helped us have a blast all throughout the planning process. They offered up advice throughout our time planning with them, answered all of our crazy questions, and made sure that our wedding music showcased who we both were. They knew how important that was to us. The planning process was laidback and so much fun. Every time we walked out of their office, we were more amped up than ever! They are so incredibly professional, they worked with the other vendors including our venue to maintain a schedule and ensured that everything flowed seamlessly. We knew that we were in good hands the entire time and did not have to worry about a thing. Their photo booth was a blast and the lighting that they brought created a warm, visually stunning tone to the entire event that really made it stand out! We love these guys and can't recommend them enough! If we can post pics, let us know!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Katie Mueller · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing!

From the very first moment we stepped into the office with James, we immediately knew we were in the best hands. The online planner allowed us to stay organized and envision every detail of the day on paper. We had 4 in-person total meetings with both James and Davey (not including the numerous Email threads, texts and calls). They treated us like close friends from the very beginning. They never assumed anything, always asked. And truly gave us expertise advice. Coming from someone who has worked in the wedding business for 7 years- this was the most well-orchestrated, crazy, fun, amazing reception. The 70/80 year old crowd danced as much as those in their 20’s. The lighting was phenomenal and the moving heads were KEY in making the ambiance and vibes for the night. We are both leaving this process feeling like experts in lighting and music that truly captures your guests. All because This is It educated us, talked us through everything and helped us to understand every single detail of our day. The day after our wedding, both of our inboxes were full of our friends and family still in awe of THE MOST FUN wedding they have ever been to. You guys are amazing, cream of the crop, best of the best. Thank you for everything you did to make our day the best day ever. We will miss you!!!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Samantha Wells · Married on 10/27/2018

Look no further!

Stop scrolling, you are done with your search, book This Is It Entertainment NOW! I feel like anything I write is going to be an understatement of how amazing this team is. James is a musical genius and was able to feel the crowd out on what was getting everyone going. Young and old, it didn't matter everyone was on the dance floor - BIG THANKS to Will our MC (who was the absolute life of the party). We are so incredibly grateful for This Is It not just because they truly are the best and have mastered their craft but because they genuinely care and are there every step of the way. Thank you so much for being such an integral part of the best day of our lives!

Sent on 02/07/2019

John Erickson · Married on 10/06/2018

Simply Amazing!

My wife and I used This Is It for our wedding on 10/6/18 and couldn't have chosen a better vendor for our music. James (DJ) and Andrew (MC) were extremely attentive and responsive throughout the whole planning process, guiding us every step of the way. We also used This Is It for additional reception lighting and for our cocktail hour music. From the second our guests stepped into the cocktail space, A Pair of Shoez (Jimmy & Julie) set the perfect mood for the rest of the evening. James and Andrew carried that mood through the end of the evening. We wanted to have a party that catered to all of our guests, young and old, and This Is It knocked it out of the park. We were beyond happy with our choice and would highly recommend This Is It to anyone looking for wedding entertainment!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Stefanie · Married on 10/05/2018

Look no further- You NEED This is It

The best wedding advice I can give is your DJ/entertainment is something you need invest in; they set the vibe for your whole wedding day. If you want professionals who are committed to giving you the night to remember from start to finish, you NEED This is It. They will go above and beyond to make your day the best to remember. From the very beginning, James was informative, honest, extremely professional, and just overall awesome. It is clear he is not only incredibly knowledgeable about what he and his team need to do to be successful but his enthusiasm for what he does is extremely infectious. He spent as much time as we needed with us in all of our reviews to set up the best party atmosphere for our wedding day. Jimmy our MC was always helpful: setting up phone calls when we couldn’t meet in person, answering all of our questions up to the wedding day, and really taking the time to get to know us so he knew how to get our guests pumped up. Our guests kept asking us where we hired our “hype man” and he really kept the party going all night. Lighting is another key element that is critical for your night-it completely transforms and enhances the atmosphere (don’t skip out on it!). This is It has extremely innovative lighting design and we had an awesome lighting pro for the day of our event. There’s really not enough words to explain how above and beyond This Is It really is. Our dance floor was packed for every minute of the evening and our guests have still not stopped talking about how great all of the entertainment for the whole night was: cocktail hour, dinner music, and all of the dance sets. Most importantly, it was the best night my husband and I could have ever asked for- we can’t thank you guys enough! We wish we could do it all over again- Stef & Chris (10/5/18)

Sent on 01/02/2019

Lauren · Married on 09/29/2018

Best DJs ever!!!

Seriously these guys are the best! You definitely want them at your wedding or event!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 09/29/2018

Time of Our Lives

My wife and I were married in September of 2018. We decided on This Is It Entertainment based on all the amazing reviews we read.

I really enjoyed how they scheduled a few meetings for us leading up to the wedding. We were living out of state at the time, so all these meetings were conducted over FaceTime, which was very convenient. This allowed us to get to know Davey (our host) and Rob (our DJ), so that we didn’t feel like strangers by the time the wedding came around. It also gave them a better understanding of what we were expecting on our wedding day.

Months later, I still have friends and family telling me how great Davey and Rob were. They had everyone out on the dance floor the whole night, which is exactly what we wanted! I was so impressed with how Rob was able to mix older songs, that everyone loves, with newer music seamlessly. He had everyone from the youngest attendees to my oldest relatives enjoying the music. Davey was able to command the crowd and shift the attention throughout the night like a conductor leading his orchestra. Not a single thing the whole night felt forced, out of place, or dull. As a team, they were able to draw our guests back to the dance floor after the formalities with ease, making it feel like we never even stopped dancing in the first place. The way this company caters to your every need/want will truly make you feel like a celebrity for the night.

I wanted to mention as a side note that my wife and I opted for the upgrade of having a lighting specialist. I could not recommend this enough. It definitely adds a different level of entertainment that I initially didn't even know was missing from other
    weddings.

I would recommend This Is It to anyone and everyone looking for the greatest night of their life.

Sent on 03/07/2019

megan · Married on 09/22/2018

James and Andrew were awesome. James blasted Pantera for the boys as they got the food and everything ready for the big day. James was extremely professional and had everyone on the dance floor. Everyone had a great time.
    Andrew was fantastic. He was able to coralle the guys to get in line and start the reception. He was upbeat, personable and just an all around great guy. We would highly recommend them for any party!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Tara · Married on 09/22/2018

so much fun!

This is It Entertainment was the number 1 thing we got complimented on from our wedding besides the food. Everyone said they felt like they were in a club and we were so happy with their song choices. They were very responsive and didn't mind at all when we needed to change song choices or add things to our package. We had the lighting, dj, mc, and photobooth. We would highly recommend them for your wedding and wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Deanna · Married on 09/14/2018

If you are considering This Is It as your wedding DJ - DO IT. I have absolutely no regrets. I actually stumbled upon This Is It while at a bridal show and they absolutely killed it (which is tough to do at a bridal show... haha!). My now-husband and I met with James and clicked with him instantly. The office and meeting was so laid back - we really felt like James understood what we were looking for (one hell of a party) and we knew that we were in good hands. We had the absolute pleasure of working with James (DJ), Andrew (host, MC) and Justin (lighting). We were iffy about lighting but ultimately ended up booking 4 moving heads and it was SO WORTH IT. It created such a fun atmosphere, looks awesome in photos and kept the guests on the dance floor. The music, the vibe, everything was perfect for the wedding. The dance floor was packed the entire night and guests continually tell me (1 month later) how much they loved the music and how much fun they had at my wedding. My husband and I wanted to have a party and This Is It delivered. I cannot recommend them enough - you won't regret booking them.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Allyssa Anderson · Married on 09/07/2018

Love! Love! Love!

Where do we even start with This Is It Entertainment!? They are A-MA-ZING! My husband and I had the pleasure of working with James and Andrew for our wedding this past September. James was our DJ and Andrew was our MC. They got and kept the party going for our entire reception – they had EVERYONE dancing for 4 continuous hours. Honestly, our favorite part of working with This Is It Entertainment was how available and accessible they were to us. We would email, skype, or text with questions and James or Andrew would get back to us in no time. James even called me (the bride) two days before the wedding to ask how I was feeling and to make sure I had all of the loose ends tied up – My husband didn’t even do that! We LOVED having skype meetings leading up to the big day. We would start off by chatting about the formalities of the wedding and would end up talking way past our allotted time about random topics totally unrelated to the wedding. Having these “face to face” calls truly made us feel like we gained 2 new friends and by the time the wedding rolled around we felt like we had 2 additional guests at the wedding rather than 2 random vendors. We HIGHLY recommend This Is It Entertainment. I honestly cannot say enough great things about them. They are so friendly, down to earth, and truly give 100% in trying to make your day as perfect as you dream it to be. They were by far our favorite vendors of the night. If you are looking for amazing music, the best customer service, and an amazing part of your wedding team, I suggest booking This Is It Entertainment ASAP!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Kate · Married on 09/01/2018

This Is It Entertainment Reveiw

We. Had. A. Blast.
    My husband and I had no idea what we were doing, what to look for, we
    only knew what we could afford. We were fortunate enough to have been
    referred to This Is It by our venue, they were one of their preferred
    vendors, and we quickly learned why. The team at This Is It were
    friendly, they were affordable, and most importantly they knew what
    they were doing. These guys know how to throw a party. They walked us
    through every moment of our reception, gave us so many options, ideas,
    fun quirks to make it really stand out as OUR Wedding, we were able to
    personalize our music so at every point we could stop,listen, and
    really love it.

We had extremely high expectations for our wedding day. After all the
    meetings we sat down with them for, all the discussions of ours
    tastes, likes, and dislikes, we though this had better be perfect.
    They blew our expectations out of the water.

We had the best night of our lives, everyone loved it, we got
    countless compliments on the music and a bunch of people wanted to
    know who did our music. Everyone danced, everyone loved the music, and
    we had people dancing to every song they played. It was wonderful.

Every penny we spent was well worth it. James did an amazing job as
    MC, he had everyone dancing and loving the night. Davey killed it as
    an Event Host, he had everyone laughing, he had everything on track
    and on time. We had a lot of fun with the garter and bouquet toss and
    he kept the fun going. We weren't sure about bring extra lighting in
    the beginning but Davey and James talked about it a lot and they were
    totally right. Justin was our lighting technician and he sealed the
    deal on the night. It was a dance party to end all dance parties.

I know I've talked a lot about how great This Is It made our wedding,
    but they genuinely helped us through the entire process leading up to
    it, they checked up on us and advised us on other non-music aspects of
    the event, and they were genuinely great to work with. I don't plan on
    needing to plan another wedding again, but if I did I know who I'd
    choose.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Lindsay · Married on 07/28/2018

We had a fantastic experience working with This Is It Entertainment for our July wedding at Stroudsmoor Country Inn. Our DJ, Dan, and our MC, Andrew, were both great to work with and SO much fun. From the ceremony to the very end of the reception, the music and entertainment were flawless. The energy level was so high and the kept the dance floor full all night long! We couldn't have imagined a better experience with our wedding entertainment. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Michael · Married on 07/14/2018

Look no further than This Is It Entertainment for your wedding services. If you're planning on making the right decision to go with a DJ for your wedding, you're in the right place.

They're MUCH more than a DJ though, they're a fully baked operational entertainment juggernaut. From jump street you'll speak with most likely James who is THE most passionate person I've met about their profession. He and Davey will walk you through all aspects of the selection process, educate you about what you should be thinking of and point you in the right direction. Don't be fooled by other vendors who claim to provide an experience. This Is It delivers!

Their lighting scheme alone would impress even noteworthy professional performers. This isn't a massive contractual add on either folks. It's simply what they do! It's an entire room transformed.

Week of your wedding you'll be stressing about a million things. Wondering if your entertainment company has your back will not be one of them. They have multiple check-in points reassuring you that you're in good hands. This will be appreciated later I promise you.

Day of they arrived at the venue several hours earlier than anticipated to being their domination on the venue. As mentioned they enabled my venue to be the most epic dance party I've witnessed.

Davey walks you through each aspect on the day as your MC. Audibles and last moment changes do not phase the team. We had a couple, Davey delivered. Truly a showman and personality you'll absolutely want at your wedding!

Can't say enough great things about the team, their performance, and most importantly the VALUE of having a great squad like This Is It in your corner, thank you for all you did for us! Our wedding was most certainly a jammer!

Mike & Lauren

Sent on 08/31/2018

Jon · Married on 07/03/2018

My wife and I were very particular when we began our search for our wedding entertainment and we could not have been happier with the service that we got from This Is It Entertainment. From the moment we first met James, we had a feeling that it was the right choice. The entire staff was so immensely hospitable in helping us down the path of designing our package and our expectations for the big day. They helped to ease how overwhelmed we felt when tasked with deciding how each moment of the reception would pan out, from the introduction songs, to the timing of the speeches, to the last dances.

Our MC, David, was really incredible and I mean that to the fullest extent of the word. He was so good at making a crowd of 150 people feel comfortable and welcome, which really made a huge difference to my wife and I as we simply wanted everyone to enjoy themselves at our reception, as all couples do. He helped to keep the whole crowd feeling involved, and the pacing of the reception was spot on.

James was our DJ, and he made us feel like every dollar was well spent. We specifically predicated our search based on our desire to have a DJ who can mash up songs to keep the energy high. We’ve been to weddings before where a song finishes and the music just stops, everyone waits for 3-5 seconds, and it drove us crazy. James is a master of seamlessly transitioning from one song to another, through different genres, and increasing the beats per minute. He had my 92 year old grandmother dancing for 2 hours, and I have literally never seen her dance in my entire life. We were concerned for her health at a certain point, it was kind of jarring.

Finally, the forgotten hero of the night, the lighting that This Is It brought with them was outstanding and without it, the event would not have been so spectacular. I cannot understate how much of a difference the lighting made to cement the atmosphere during our reception.

I cannot recommend This Is It highly enough!

Sent on 08/31/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/12/2018

We coudn't imagine our wedding without This Is It! From our very first meeting, we were amazed at how comfortable we felt. We loved that they checked in regularly and made sure the planning process ran smoothly. The online event planner was great and helped us let the DJ know what kind of music we wanted at the wedding. DJ Dan Tranquil played great music and kept everyone on the dance floor. Our event host, Jimmy Shoes was amazing!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Lisa · Married on 04/28/2018

This Is It Entertainment was amazing to work with! James and Davey made the process of planning the reception so easy and were so knowledgeable of the timeline of events that needed to happen. The music kept everyone on their feet the entire night! Even a few weeks later people are still talking about dancing all night! I can't thank you enough for making my wedding reception so amazing!

Sent on 05/25/2018