This Is Feeling Photo + Video Reviews

72 | Chicago, IL

72 Reviews for This Is Feeling Photo + Video

• Martha

Martha Meraz · Getting married on 06/08/2021

Amazing vendor! Easy going and professional!

We enjoyed working with our photographer, Pavel! He was positive and patient. We weren’t sure how the pairing with a photographer would work but it honestly couldn't have worked out any better! We felt comfortable and had fun with photos on our wedding.

Working with the This is Feeling team was great. They are an easy-going team and they communicated the process clearly before booking. We are excited to see how the photos turned out!

Sent on 10/12/2019

Kiley Gilmer · Getting married on 06/08/2021

Love them!

We knew going into our wedding that our wedding photographer was the number one vendor that we were willing to “splurge” on because we really wanted great photos to remember our day (especially because we opted out of doing the video thing). Well, we ultimately went with This is Feeling Photography because they had great reviews and the photos on their website looked beautiful, and after meeting with the owner, Ben, we felt even more confident they were the ones to photograph our wedding in a way that captured what we were feeling that day! We ended up having Mike and his assistant photograph our wedding and they did a fabulous job! Mike was so laid back and easy to work with, and we are more than thrilled with how beautiful our photos came out. I cannot wait for our album to come so we can reminisce on our special day for years to come! Thank you This is Feeling Photography!

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Davis · Married on 01/11/2020

A Perfect Addition to our Wedding Memories

Working with This is Feeling was easy, which is one thing I continuously felt grateful for. With so much happening leading up to (and obviously on the day-of), This is Feeling took everything in stride and perfectly executed our vision for the video and moments we wanted to include. We worked with Kevin; who was kind, funny, and definitely adapted quickly to our very large and chaotic wedding weekend. He worked really well with our photographer without us having to prompt a meeting, between him and our two photographers, we are thrilled with the results and what was captured at our wedding.

Sent on 07/20/2020

This Is Feeling Photo + Video's reply:

Hi Nicole! We're so glad everything worked out with you and your wedding video (which we loved watching, too!!!) - we so appreciate couples who see and feel the value of our approach to the planning process and the final product.
  • Katie

Katie Hosford · Married on 06/21/2019

Best day ever!

Ben and the entire team were absolutely amazing to work with. They were very informative and so much fun. We wanted a laid back vibe to show the real party at our wedding! They delivered more than we could ever have imagined. I have gotten nothing but compliments on all of our photos and cannot stop looking at them. Our favorite part(s) about working with This is Feeling is their laid back/honest approach to photography, their personalities, and the sense of trust gained. They helped us figure out exactly what we wanted with our special day, and even suggested ideas for photos/timeline. I would use them time and time again! The biggest thing to remember.. after the day has come and gone all you have left are your photos! You’ll be disappointed if you don’t choose This is Feeling! :)

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 05/25/2019

Loved our photos!

This Is Feeling did an awesome job of capturing our wedding day! Before the wedding, they were very communicative and were active in learning about what things were important to us. During that day, Misa and his team were flexible and pleasant. Would definitely hire them again!

Sent on 08/10/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan Svoboda · Married on 04/27/2019

Awesome experience!

This is Feeling was fantastic; our experience was incredibly positive! We chose them because we thought their past wedding photos looked amazing and wanted someone to capture those special personal moments throughout the day in a candid style. From our first meeting with Ben to working with Mike as our photographer, This is Feeling exceeded our expectations! It was great to meet with Ben at their studio and chat with Stefi and Mike about wanted we wanted prior to both the engagement shoot and wedding day. Both our engagement and wedding photos came out perfect--a great combination of candid and staged photos. In the end, some of our favorite photos were the off the cuff ones of us getting ready or on the wedding shuttle. Overall, the best part of working with This is Feeling was Mike--not only is he a great photographer, but he's also a very laid back and helpful guy who was a joy to work with. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Vanessa Potkul · Married on 02/11/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

We absolutely loved working with This is Feeling for both our wedding day photography and videography. Ben and the team made us feel so comfortable throughout the planning process and on our wedding day and we are ecstatic with the results. They captured the best moments that allow us to relive our magical day for the rest of our lives. We also highly recommend the ZippyBooth as a fun way to engage guests and capture other amazing moments of the evening. I would highly recommend Ben and his team for your big day :)

Sent on 03/08/2020
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 02/01/2019

Amazing Photographs and a Great Experience

When we started looking for for our photographer and videographer, we knew we wanted something that would feel real , emphasizing and capturing that exact moment. We were so impressed by This is Feeling's work that we went a tad above our budget for the package, but we figured we're paying for something that will literally last a lifetime. The process of explaining what we were looking for and what was important to us was easy despite the anxiety of trying to picture an event you've never planned before. It was a fairly stress free experience and there was never a time I didn't feel confident. The reaction we got from family and friends when we started sharing our pictures was overwhelming. Obviously everyone is looking for a photographer to "capture the moment" but This is Feeling *actually* captured amazing photographs, everything from awkward and nervous moments to clear moments of bliss that again, will last a lifetime.

Sent on 03/24/2019
  • Blake

Blake Winchester · Married on 11/17/2018

Best part of our wedding day

We chose This Is Feeling as our photographer after seeing their work and how natural their photographs look. We worked with Misa as our photographer and from start to finish he was incredible. He took the time to get to know us as a couple and learn about our needs and what we were looking for in our photographs. He was very helpful and had great suggestions for photo locations. On the day of our wedding we experienced rain and snow, and Misa still found a way to make every photograph look amazing. When we saw our photos for the first time we were blown away. All of the photos are not just beautiful, but they tell the story of our wedding day which is exactly what we wanted. Our friends and family have commented that our pictures look like out of a wedding magazine, and we couldn't agree more. I would recommend This Is Feeling to anyone who is looking for a premium photographer that will capture their wedding day.

Sent on 01/13/2019
  • I

Isabella Moraes · Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful experience and beautiful pictures

We used This Is Feeling for our engagement and wedding photos and we absolutely loved them! We worked with Mike for both occasions and he was the best!

I was nervous for the engagement pictures because my husband and I have never had photos like these done, and we were not sure what to expect. However, Mike is genuine and easy to be around making it so much more comfortable to be taking pictures. The day of our engagement shoot, it was rainy and cloudy but Mike helped us make the most of it, and the pictures came out beautifully. Additionally, throughout the engagement shoot and wedding day, Mike was knowledgable about various locations, which was very appreciated.

When it came time to the wedding, it felt like it was our friend taking the pictures. We felt so comfortable with Mike and really enjoyed having the pictures done. It felt laid back and go with the flow, but there was direction and when needed Mike took charge when dealing with a wedding party of 12. Mike made sure all the pictures and groupings we wanted throughout the day were done and we even added a few in at the end, and it was not a problem!

Overall, we are so happy we decided to go with This Is Feeling and thrilled we got paired with Mike! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/28/2018
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 10/13/2018

Stunning Wedding Day Photos

We worked with Ben from This Is Feeling and he captured incredibly stunning photos from our wedding day. He was super easy to work with and we honestly loved having him around all day. He was calm, low-stress, but also made sure he got the photos that we wanted and had discussed in advance.

He helped us feel relaxed and really focused on capturing the emotions of the day, rather than posing us in positions or moments that weren't "us" or felt fake. True to the name of the company, he captured so many natural moments that demonstrate how my husband and I were feeling on our wedding day. We are so pleased with our photos. We’d choose him again if we did it all over again!

Sent on 03/09/2019

Meghan Gonzalez · Married on 09/22/2018

This is Feeling, indeed!

Working with This is Feeling was one of the highlights of our wedding. We made such wonderful relationships with the photographers and team, which allowed them to beautifully capture the joy we felt on our wedding day. We cannot recommend them enough; we felt in every way present on our big day without having to "pose" for stunning photos. They've provided us with such lovely memories to look back at for the rest of our marriage.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Kara · Married on 09/21/2018

This Is Feeling

We could not be more happy with This Is Feeling!! From beginning to end, everyone was so kinda and very helpful! Misa was our photographer for both our engagement session and our wedding and he was amazing!! Misa was so easy to work with and captured every part of our big day perfectly! We were drawn to This Is Feeling because of their documentary style photography. After receiving our wedding photos, looking at them puts you right back in the middle of the best day ever!! Thank you for every little thing you all did to make our special day go smoothly as well as delivering pictures that were everything we imagined! Justin+Kara

Sent on 11/08/2018

Jasmine Wu · Married on 09/21/2018

Top notch wedding photographer!

We booked This Is Feeling for our engagement photos as well as for our wedding photography, and could not be more happy with the results! I am in the graphics industry so photography was the one vendor I really researched and wanted top notch quality...after all, the wedding photographs are one of the few tangible things you have left following your wedding day, so I definitely recommend TIF for the occasion! Their documentary approach towards wedding photography helped capture the day perfectly, and was the perfect balance of "staged" family photos as well as candid captures of moments throughout the day. We really enjoyed meeting with Ben at the studio in Chicago for both the delivery of our engagement photos as well as the wedding photos, seeing it all on the big screen together for the first time brought back our favorite memories from the day. I wanted a photographer / company that was personable, treated you like a valued customer versus one of many, and thoroughly explained the process and set expectations from the beginning, and Ben was all of that (and more!) from the first phone call through wedding photo delivery. Also Mike, our wedding photographer, had the perfect approach to capturing all of the key photos we identified ahead of time, as well as spontaneous moments that unfolded throughout the day. We would definitely recommend TIF to anyone looking for wedding or other event photography, they were a pleasure to work with and produce the highest quality photography in the industry.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Victoria · Married on 09/15/2018

Wonderful experience overall

We had a terrific experience with This Is Feeling Photography. Our initial meeting with Ben was very personable and comforting, as it can be extremely overwhelming to nail down what you want your wedding photographs to look like. Ultimately we were paired with Misa, who was truly wonderful. We had a phone call in the weeks leading up to our wedding that was so easy, like old friends chatting for an hour. I was worried that this pre-emptive phone call as part of the This Is Feeling business model was going to be awkward, but it was very helpful in getting to know Misa, his sense of humor, his warmth, and in him getting to know us. I highly recommend this company because of services like this. By the time Misa came to shoot our wedding, I felt like I already knew him which made everyone that much more comfortable. Misa is also great at both blending in when he needs to, and also helping bring out emotions, laughter, and what he calls the “GQ look” in you when you’re not sure what to do in the more individual or couple photos. He was punctual and professional, and clearly an expert in his field. Our photos came out absolutely beautifully, and we are grateful to Misa for spending the day with us. We highly recommend this company, and if you’re lucky to get assigned Misa, we recommend him most of all.

Sent on 11/08/2018
  • Victoria

Victoria Breneman · Married on 09/08/2018

Nothing short of spectacular!

Working with This is Feeling was an incredible experience! From the first day we met Ben, I knew he understood the vision we were going for with our wedding photos. He was open to answering questions whenever we had them, and was so thorough and thoughtful in planning out the photo schedule for the day. I knew we'd have great photos, but I was blown away when I saw all of them after the wedding! Even though we didn't buy a photo album, they still made a short slideshow that was sent when the link to our photos was, and it was so much fun to see! I am still in awe, as are our friends and family, about how beautiful and amazing our photos from This Is Feeling are! My favorite part was having our photographers on the bus with us the day of the wedding, because we were able to stay ahead of schedule and add an extra stop in. It just made everything so much easier to have our wedding party and photographers in one place! Plus, we got to all enjoy tacos together between photo stops.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Holly · Married on 09/01/2018

I ugly cry at my photos because they’re so beautiful

Working with Ben and Misa has been an absolute blessing.
    Ben met me in the suburbs (near both of our homes) for an intro meeting and I felt like we just vibed. The man can probably get along with anyone but I felt like he really helped me through the entire process and helped me figure out what our whole wedding vision is. The questions he asks during the process just get down to the core and they truly delivered.

I was paired up with Misa and I felt like he became a friend by the end of the day. He knew exactly what to say to loosen us up and get the best action shots of us. I love our photos and only wish I had more (I received over a thousand photos...more would have been the poor guy snapping every second of the day-obviously impossible- I just love all of the ones we have!). The only down side is that I missed a photo with my entire wedding party outside of the church (granted I never specified that I wanted one) everything went so quickly that I didn't even realize it until 2 days after the wedding.

I urge you to take them seriously when they continuously express the seriousness. Haha.

I just approved my album and even that process was enjoyable. Highly highly recommend.

Sent on 01/28/2019

Rachel · Married on 06/07/2018

Our experience with This Is Feeling was incredible!
    From our initial phone call with Ben, we felt that he understood what we were looking for. We are a laid back couple looking to tell a story with our photos and his team captured exactly that.
    Our subsequent phone calls during the planning process ?were great. We were able to ask questions, voice our concerns, and let them know any special details about our wedding that would be helpful.
    When the day arrived, our photographer Mike, and his assistant Rob (Harry and Lloyd as we affectionately called them throughout the day), were on time, dressed professionally, and had great attitudes. They made a lot of great suggestions and kept the timeline rolling smoothly. Mike was extremely confident and considerate when working with family members that couldn't seem to cooperate for group photos.
    Our actual photos were exceptional. They captured the true feelings in the photos from the smiles to tears and as we look at the photos, we are brought back to those moments during our wedding day.
    I would highly recommend This Is Feeling if you are looking for a detail oriented and confident Team. They will help ease the stress of wedding planning and produce pictures you will be proud to show off of your wedding day.

Sent on 07/13/2018

This Is Feeling Photo + Video's reply:

Rachel! Thank you so much for the kind words - I so appreciate you reaching out to us and trusting us with your wedding photography. Congrats again on finding your true life partner.

Annalyse · Married on 06/01/2018

The photos were just as great as we imagined they could be! From start to end our experience working with This Is Feeling was unique. After talking to many vendors, our first call with Ben was a breath of fresh air. It centered around us as a couple and what we wanted from our special day and the photographs from our special day and how they would make that happen for us. The questions they asked us about each other and our relationship really illuminated our future discussions about our wedding. It made me more excited about our wedding and having This Is Feeling as our photographers. On the wedding day, they were again great at eliciting the true emotions we had for each other in front of the camera through cuing us with different questions. It made taking photos that really looked like us easy. Also, they made sure to capture all the things that were most important to us. Really, if I had to summarize our experience it would be authentic, in our experience with them person to person, in our discussions, and in the way our photos are.

Sent on 07/14/2018

Maria · Married on 12/28/2017

This is Feeling Photography did my sister’s wedding about two years ago and they did such an amazing job--not only did the photographs turn out beautifully, but the photographers were so nice and easy to work with. So, it was an easy choice to book them for our City Hall wedding and I am so glad we did. Ben was great to work with and accommodated my husband’s number one (and pretty much only) request to include our dog in some of our photos. Even though it was bone-chillingly cold on this particular day, Ben trekked throughout the city with us to make sure that we captured our special moment in the most beautiful way. I couldn’t be happier with how our photographs. I would recommend This Is Feeling to anyone and if I ever need a photographer in the future, they are definitely my first choice.

Sent on 03/19/2018

Jim · Married on 09/16/2017

We used Mike from This is Feeling for both our engagement and wedding photography. He absolutely exceeded our already high expectations. The photos are absolutely stunning! And the turnaround was so fast. Everyone told us not to expect the photos back for months. Well, we got them all back the week after we returned from our honeymoon! They look amazing and captured the night perfectly. Additionally, the Giffy photo booth was a huge hit. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 11/01/2017

madison · Married on 09/09/2017

This is Feeling Photography was amazing! I am so happy that we chose them for our wedding in September. We had Jake as our photographer for our engagement and wedding pictures and we could not have been happier. Jake made the whole process really easy and he was so nice and down to earth. We got our pictures back they were just incredible. Jake really captured some amazing moments at just the right times. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 11/03/2017

Salena · Married on 09/03/2017

We looked at a ton of photographers for our wedding before landing on This is Feeling. Kevin was our lead photographer and he was amazing! The pictures looked wonderful and captured the day perfectly. He did our engagement and wedding pictures. Mike was the second photographer on the day of the wedding, we were really happy that we got two, we changed our mind later on in the process but TIF made the change easy.

We loved the pictures so much, we also got an album from them. They also put together a slideshow when it came to reviewing the pictures, it was fantastic, I didn't last long before I started to tear up with such happiness. They were able to catch so many moments that I wasn't able to see for myself the day of.

Their attention to detail was just what we wanted and the whole process was great as they truly got to know us as a couple. I would recommend This Is Feeling not just for your wedding but for any photo shoot.

Sent on 12/21/2017

Miki · Married on 08/18/2017

I didn't think the photographer was an important part of the wedding. Most of my married friends liked a handful of pictures from the hundreds/thousands taken at their weddings. Rarely were they excited about the finished product. Ben was comforting during the initial interview and understood what we didn't want, they typical stag d/directed shoo. The various calls and questions, at times, seemed too much. BUT IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT; they know what they're doing. Dino Mike was AMAZING! We took pictures at various sites and every single one of them brought a smile to my face. Over a thousand pics and I can't think of a single one I don't like. Mike was great to work with, talk to, and blended in with everyone. Save for a few staged (family photos), the other pictures were natural and all, so beautiful. They didn't just capture us, they captured our spirit, feelings, and thoughts. Some of the shots were so unexpected and meaningful, it was a joy to see those gems in the final product. Two months later and I am having the hardest time deciding which pictures to print.

Sent on 10/12/2017

Jeannie · Married on 07/15/2017

I think my now husband and I have had more fun looking at our photos than actually being at our wedding! And that's because of Ben and his This is Feeling team. We didn't want photos that were staged--we wanted moments (mainly because we are both very awkward smilers when staged-hah!). When we look at our photos we are truly moved with emotion all over again and immediately remember and feel what it was like being in that room on that unforgettable day in our lives. Ben is a true artist-- calm, cool and quick with his shots and, best of all, you don't even notice him there. You are living in the moment and he is capturing it for you to relive for the rest of your years together. We can not recommend This is Feeling enough.

Sent on 07/17/2017