Thirty-Three Photography Reviews

Thirty-Three Photography 5
Thirty-Three Photography 6
Thirty-Three Photography 7

Monica Taylor · Married on 07/20/2019

The extra help you needed.

Brian is absolutely amazing at his job. He goes above and beyond in not only his photo taking but as a person. The photos he snapped were spectacular. Brian was there to help with anything I needed, whether it be photo ideas or a general schedule. I feel blessed to have his involvement in my wedding.

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Chrissy

Chrissy · Married on 06/30/2019

Literally THE BEST Photographer

If I could give 10 stars, I would. Brian is a dream to work with. He met us for our consultation and asked us questions about what we wanted. He answered my husband's questions and impressed him (which is hard to do). He sent us a quote that night and we booked him immediately. All of his packages were reasonably priced. We scheduled our engagement session which included our 6 year old daughter. Brian made sure she was in important shots and made her "his assistant". We received the photos very quickly and they were amazing. It was hard to choose which ones to print for our collage. Brian contacted us before the wedding to go over last minute details. He was thorough and made sure all our requests were noted. Our wedding day, Brian arrived early and started right away. He was a machine. Getting all the photos and poses on our list. During the ceremony, I did not even see him, but he got great shots. The whole night Brian was capturing special moments. Five days after the wedding, we received the first photos in our gallery. Brian had all our photos loaded in less than 2 weeks. He met us close to home to drop off our DVD and flash drive. These had over 300 pictures that we had not seem. The pictures were breathtaking and I was crying. Thank you Brian for capturing our special day. You truly are the GREATEST.

Sent on 07/21/2019
    Thirty-Three Photography 8
  • Kenneth

Kenneth Rutherford II · Married on 06/19/2019

Brian is awesome!

Brian turned what should have been one of my most nervous experiences into an all around great experience. As soon as I saw the passion that Brian had for taking our photos it was inspiring and put me at ease. From beginning to end Brian and his service set him apart from the rest and I will always recommend him. Our photos came out amazing!!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Grant · Married on 05/25/2019

I worked with Brian Callan at Thirty Three Photography and I am so glad I found him! I wanted someone to capture the moment I proposed to my now fiance in Williamsburg on the William and Mary campus and he did a fantastic job. I am actually from Texas and have never been there before so he called me and we talked for over thirty minutes on two different calls about what I was looking for and he gave me suggestions as well. He was very personable and I really appreciate that level of attention and detail since I was unfamiliar of the location. Not only did he provide great customer service, but he did so with very reasonable pricing. In fact, he had the lowest rates of any photographer I found. He also provides you with full size photos and resized photos that you can use to post to social media. I have attached a couple of the resized photos to make sure they are compatible, but the full size look even better! Overall, he is a really great guy who goes the extra mile to make sure he captures exactly what you are looking for!

Sent on 01/01/2018
    Thirty-Three Photography 9
    Thirty-Three Photography 10
    Thirty-Three Photography 11

Sunny Stimach · Married on 05/25/2019

The most amazing and best photographer

Where can I start. Brian was literally the most amazing vendor/photographer. Like all new brides, I was thoroughly confused and was just shopping for a photographer when I came across Brian. Let me tell you, before I got married, I told my husband to be that I didn’t care for any other vendors except for photography. Photos are what lasts and it is a forever lasting memories. Brian was extremely detailed and answered every single questions I had promptly. He was there to help me calm my nerves when my wedding coordinator changed last minute, and he reassured me that it was going to be fine. Not only did he take our engagement photos for free ( which absolutely came out stunning) but he flew all the way from VA to CA to do our wedding photos for an amazing price. Where can you find that kind of service!? He was so communicative which is a huge plus, but he asked us for inspirational photos which we would like to recreate and would creatively change it to make it personal to us. I am so amazed with his service that I would recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer for a wedding or any other event! Just look at the stunning and amazing photos in his portfolio. You can’t beat the price.

Sent on 05/31/2019
    Thirty-Three Photography 16
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 05/11/2019

Highly recommend Brian!

We chose Brian after knowing he does amazing work since he had worked with a few other people that I know, we didn't interview anyone else because I know he has amazing style and that he would do an amazing job. Not only did he do an amazing job, he exceeded all expectations, the pictures are amazing, he was always responsive and organized, always on time, quickly got our pictures back to us, I can't speak highly enough about Brian of thirty-three photography!

Sent on 06/30/2019
    Thirty-Three Photography 17

Dessi · Married on 04/25/2019

So glad we found Brian!

Brian is absolutely the best! He is very talented and fully committed to making sure the bride and groom are completely satisfied with his work. He is flexible and very responsive and has a gift for making camera-shy people feel at ease in front of the camera. Our guests were very impressed with him and one of them already tried to hire him. Brian captured our special day perfectly and we would love to hire him again!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Lauren Stewart · Married on 04/20/2019

Spectacular!

Brian was absolutely amazing during the entire process! He was very experiened and was able to help talk us through the process and was always available for any questions we had. Since my husband and myself are giant Star Wars & Harry Potter fans, I had a very specific request for our photographer to help us embrace the light sabers and wands into our photos. He did amazing job bringing our vision to life and fell absolutely in love with all his pictures! We get so many compliments on the work he did and I would recommend him to anyone planning a future wedding!

Sent on 05/19/2019

Thirty-Three Photography's reply:

I had a soooo much fun working with you guys! The vision you both had for incorporating Star Wars and Harry Potter into your engagement session and wedding photos was fantastic. I enjoy a challenge. It helped spark my childhood imagination, which made a unique set of images come to life. I wish you both all the best!!!
  • Lynette

Lynette · Married on 04/19/2019

Blown Away

I could not have asked for a better experience! Our pictures were stunning and the turn around time was super fast. Professional, flexible, great communication, and truly cares about his clients. Worth every penny and I will recommend him to anyone who asks!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Thirty-Three Photography's reply:

I had a wonderful time working with you and Cody from the engagement session all the way through your wedding day! You guys made things so effortless! I always enjoy when couples incorporate their interests, like yours with Harry Potter, into your engagement session and wedding day. It makes things fun and interesting. I wish you both all the best!!!

Tatiana · Married on 01/05/2019

Simply Elegant

We worked with Brian on three different occasions and each could not have gone more smoothly. After inquiring about pricing and taking our engagement session with him - my husband and I had to get court married quick (Navy) so we decided to have an impromptu wedding on the beach with our dogs. Brian beautifully captured that day, despite the fact that it was extremely humid outside. Then came to our wedding out in California - not only did he offer to come all the way from Virginia Beach for no additional cost to us - the day after the wedding he invited us to do an additional day of photos at no extra charge. We cannot say enough about the quality and even quantity of photos we received. Everything with Brian was simple but elegant and that's exactly what we needed.

Sent on 03/15/2019
    Thirty-Three Photography 18
    Thirty-Three Photography 19
    Thirty-Three Photography 20
    Thirty-Three Photography 21
  • Katelyn

Katelyn Tucker · Married on 11/18/2018

Wedding Photography

Brian was east to work with from start to finish. Flexible with scheduling engagement session and planning the day of wedding timeline. Allows you to bring your own ideas and helps create your vision.

Sent on 12/30/2018

Tiara · Married on 11/03/2018

Top Tier Photographer

I really dont’t have enough wonderful things to say about Brian. Our wedding and engagement photos turned out FAR better than i could have expected. My wife and I both hate having our photo taken, which we expressed immediately to Brian and when time came for engagement photos neither of us was really looking forward to it. But we had a blast. Brian made it fun and easy and the quality of his work was incredible. He responded to all of our emails, text messages, and phone calls. He asked for our input in the poses (serious and not so much), and he made sure to have a copy when the day of our pictures came around. We had no idea where we wanted our engagement photos aside from the location and he ended up finding a location that we didn’t even know existed and the pictures came out amazing. We didn’t have a videographer (personal choice) but it didn’t really matter because we got a little video with all of our wedding photos set to some music that we can keep and watch. Brian went about and beyond throughout the entire experience and made it easy for us, so if you’re getting married, I’d book him right now.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Magdalena · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding in the fall

Brian did an amazing job. Everyone loves the pictures. He included a thumb drive for all the parents and a dvd of a slide show of the pictures. Such a nice memory to have. Highly recommended him!

Sent on 12/22/2018

Kristin · Married on 10/14/2018

Great photographer

Where do I even start. Brian was the perfect photographer for our wedding. His calm presence was reassuring on the big day, as was the free engagement session, which was fun and showed us what this guy can do with a camera! He took all of our ideas and made them real and better than we imagined. I can’t imagine a better wedding photographer and compared to other wedding photographers we researched in the area, he is reasonably priced. I 100% recommend Thirty-Three Photography!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Sara Ambrose · Married on 10/09/2018

Incredible!

Brian was amazingly professional and talented. He worked with my husband's and I's unusual schedules and produced fantastic pictures that we will treasure. The DVDs and flash drives he offers is a very convenient way to share photos with family. I would have expected to pay double the quality and product we received.

Sent on 11/17/2018

Thirty-Three Photography's reply:

You guys were so great to work with! When you told me your father cried during your DVD Photo Slideshow, which is like a wedding video, it was the ultimate parent approval of a job well done. I'll be sharing your fantastic photos with my up and coming couples!

As first responders, THANK YOU for all you do for us in the community!

I wish you guys all the best!

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/06/2018

Brian was WONDERFUL to work with- all of our photos were perfect and we couldn't have asked anything better

Sent on 09/03/2018
    Thirty-Three Photography 22
    Thirty-Three Photography 23
    Thirty-Three Photography 24

Cara · Married on 10/06/2018

Fabulous and fast!

Brian was amazing to work with from the very beginning. He offered a discount for first responders, too! The package we bought included an engagement session, and he went above and beyond by offering us a second session when we didn't catch the sunset at the beach. On the day of the wedding he was prompt, professional, and organized, and didn't mind us switching up the plans on the fly. He uploaded photos to the gallery as he went, and we had our full set of photos in under a month. Super communicative and just overall a great experience!

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Brett Wilson · Married on 09/29/2018

Best Decision Ever!

Brian was amazing from start to finish! My now-husband and I were never really super into having photos taken but Brian assured us the included engagement session would be great practice for our wedding photos. We had so much fun! Brian was super flexible with scheduling and extremely quick with responding to questions we had. We had gotten so many compliments on our engagement shoot I knew we had gone with the right photographer. When the wedding day came Brian was on time and worked with our scheduled effortlessly. He was a true professional. I felt at ease and even had fun posing for photos! His personality and friendliness was so contagious that even the most stern family members were caught smiling for a photo! The same professional quality showed through my posed wedding photos as well as the candid reception shots. I am so glad we went with our instincts and hired Brian for the most important day of our lives. The package we received afterwards was beautiful and romantic. All brides-to-be hear that you do not want to skimp on your wedding photos and I am so glad we went with our gut. His pricing was also extremely reasonable given the quality of photography he produces. Thank you, Brian for capturing memories that we will treasure for a lifetime!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Jo · Married on 09/15/2018

Brian was so wonderful to work with!

Brian did the engagement shoot and the wedding day photography for our September 2018 wedding. We had a wonderful experience with Brain from day one! He went out of his way to get so many exceptional photos and gave us a wonderful experience. The photos from both our engagement shoots and the wedding came back edited from Brian very quickly. At each turn, he was professional and we so greatly appreciated getting to work with him. We would highly recommend Thirty Three Photography and would be happy to work with him again in the future for any photo needs!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Q

Q · Married on 08/18/2018

Brian is the photographer to choose. He was the photographer for our wedding pictures and they turned out perfectly. He is not only professional but also affordable. No one in the area has prices that are nearly as good as his company. My husband and I booked our photo shoot about two months out. When our date came close, Brian checked in to make sure we were still good for the scheduled shoot. He was at the location early and his personality is just what you need to get the job done. He has a sense of humor but is ready for business when you are. His angles are amazing and he was great to work with. If you’re looking for patience and kindness but great quality at an affordable price, you’re in luck. You absolutely get the whole package when choosing this company. I ended up asking him to retake some of the bridal shots after our initial shoot and he came back with the same energy at a reasonable price. My only regret is that I didn’t book him for our wedding day on the beach. We will use his company for our family and first born photos. This was a great experience especially considering the fact that I hate taking pictures. I am not photogenic but you can’t tell with the angles and poses he chose. Choose Thirty-Three Photography and you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Thirty-Three Photography's reply:

I had a great time working with you guys! The two of you are totally photogenic! I was happy to re-shoot the series you didn't like because of the extra layers that were under your dress. It ended up getting us a stunning set of sunset shots! I wish you guys all the best!

Jamie Gill · Married on 08/11/2018

Wonderful Photographer

Out of all the vendors needed for my wedding, hiring a wonderful photographer was at the top of my list. I wanted to make sure that every moment was captured the way I had envisioned and that we would cherish the pictures for the rest of our lives. Well, it took one phone call for me to decide that Brian was the guy for the job. His experience and professionalism was comforting. Once, the day grew closer Brian took his time to come meet with us and walk the property that we were getting married on. The day of, he came early, remained calm through the chaos and made sure every shot I had requested was taken. There was a big storm coming right after our ceremony and this cut our photo time down. By the time the storm passed, I rushed the rest of the pictures along. Because of that, I did not get the bridal shots or pictures of my husband and I that I wanted. I let Brian know how pleased I was with the rest of the pictures and asked if he would be willing to retake them. He was more than happy to come back out months later to retake our portraits. This meant the world to me! He provided many edits and printable options of every picture. He also made a zip drive for each set of our parents. They were very appreciative to have been included in our package. Overall, Brian was easy to work with and made sure we will remember all of the wonderful moments that occurred on our special day!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Thirty-Three Photography's reply:

I had a great time working with you guys! That big storm did throw a wrench into our plans. It was my pleasure to come out and take those photos we didn't have a chance to get. Wedding photos are passed down through generations and I wanted to make sure you got exactly what you wanted so those can be passed down. I wish you both all the best!

Lauren · Married on 07/28/2018

Amazing Experience

Brian was by far my favorite vendor to work with! He is a true professional and definitely went the extra mile to capture the best memories of my wedding day. He was incredibly helpful during the planning process as well and offered great advice to this very anxious bride! 10/10 would work with him again and recommend him to others!

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Thirty-Three Photography 25
    Thirty-Three Photography 26
    Thirty-Three Photography 27
    Thirty-Three Photography 28

Maria · Married on 07/14/2018

Yes! Brian of Thirty-Three Photography is the guy you will want to hire for your upcoming wedding. We were married July 14, 2018 in Colonial Williamsburg, and Brian was phenomenal in every way. He perfectly captured the intimate story of our wedding at The Wren Chapel and our reception at The Williamsburg Inn including details of Colonial Williamsburg per our theme.

Not only are our photos amazing, but Brian himself was super accommodating. During our wedding and reception, we made several special requests, and Brian always found a way to fit in our requests with grace, professionalism, and an eagerness to make our special moments memorable. Brian even stayed longer than our contracted time in order to fit in a special photo we requested in front of The Williamsburg Inn. We really appreciated the special attention to detail because this photo is absolutely stunning – the lighting and background make our picture look like it belongs on the front cover of a wedding magazine. The extra time and attention Brian gave to capturing all the special moments in our wedding and reception are truly appreciated – and can not be understated as the BEST decision we made.

You might think a photographer like Brian from Thirty-Three photography would be at the top end of your photography budget. Let me reassure you – this is absolutely, not so. In fact, Brian was the most reasonably priced photographer among everyone we interviewed. Even several of our guests mentioned things like – "You must have paid a ton for your photographer, " and "Your photographer must be really pricey!" – because he accommodated several special requests. I told them – “No! We didn’t pay a ton! We just got lucky enough to pick the right guy!” That is VERY true!

It comes as no surprise to me that Brian has won the “People’s Choice” awards many years in a row. He is THAT good! So… Yes! Brian of Thirty-Three Photography is the guy you want for your upcoming wedding.

Sent on 08/07/2018
    Thirty-Three Photography 36
    Thirty-Three Photography 37
    Thirty-Three Photography 38

Jennifer · Married on 06/16/2018

Brian is an outstanding photographer! He did a phenomenal job with our engagement and wedding pictures. We could not be happier with the way they turned out. Brian was very responsive to emails and texts thought the entire planning process and had great turn around on pictures. His attention to detail was impeccable and he captured all the little moments and details throughout the day and night. My husband and I feel like we got a steal when comparing price to Brian's services. Overall, Brian is awesome! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/03/2018