Theresa Huang Makeup & Hair Design Reviews

176 | Pasadena, CA

176 Reviews for Theresa Huang Makeup & Hair Design

Jeanna · Married on 07/31/2018

I traveled to Laguna for my wedding and had scoured hair/makeup artists in S. Cali for months. My research was thorough, and I sought someone who is able to provide personalized service and can enhance Asian features. And Kohnur did just that!

Some competitors were unresponsive or impersonal, and others simply provided links to extensive galleries and an array of artists to select from, but it's extremely difficult to make a decision from a cookie cutter approach. Theresa, on the other hand, quickly set up a video call and went above and beyond to get to know me, understand my vision, and provide a thoughtful recommendation. I was nervous and appreciated the hand-held approach. Theresa was very personable and consultative and paired me with lead artist, Tokiko who was wonderful and had expert artistry and skill. We connected so well. During my trial, I felt completely at ease and enjoyed the experience. Tokiko was intuitive, and our session was efficient.

On my big day, Tokiko and Sandy were punctual. Both are patient, detailed, and really care about their work. Tokiko did an amazing job with a natural glam bridal look, and Sandy was an absolute maven working with the mothers (who are not easy) and ensuring their satisfaction. The entire team is kind and wonderful. Kohnur may not be the least expensive provider on the block, but their premier experience and the peace of mind is truly invaluable. Choose Kohnur for your special event!

I was interested in getting my hair/makeup done professionally done for my engagement session, and had decided to try out Theresa Huang Makeup & Hair. I also figured that this would be a good way to find my beauty team for the big day. I was scheduled to meet with Tina, and I cannot explain how happy I was with the end result! From the very beginning I explained to Tina that I don't wear a lot of makeup and wanted to go for a more natural look. During the entire process, she would constantly follow up about whether or not I liked the look - which is something I really appreciated. Before I left for my engagement session, she had given me some oil blotting papers and q-tips just in case. I loved the experience so much, I will be scheduling her for my wedding! I highly recommend Theresa Huang Makeup & Hair for any special occasion.

Tokiko is very talented and the team that came with her were all very professional. All my bridesmaids and I are very satisfied with our hair and makeup.

I wanted to be very picky about the makeup for my wedding. I've seen plenty of photos of girls who look nothing like they really looked after getting their makeup professionally done and I wanted to make sure I looked like myself on my wedding day. So, as I was trying to figure out exactly where I wanted to get my hair and makeup done, it was comforting to hear from Caroline, Theresa Huang's studio manager, that their goal is to enhance the natural beauty of their clients, so they don't even believe in before and after pictures. The amount of care and precision that Caroline took into consideration in trying to pick the perfect artist for me really impressed me and I immediately booked.

Tokiko was my makeup artist. We first had preview on the day of my engagement photo shoot. She took about 4 hours, but she really wanted to make sure she got every detail perfectly. For example, one of my eyelids is bigger than the other, and somehow she cut tape and placed it perfectly such that it would make my eyelids look the same size. I didn't even know that was possible! She tried 2 hairstyles on me and I picked the one I liked the most. I couldn't have been happier with how my makeup looked, at least so I thought. Then came the wedding day and somehow, she did an even better job! I received so many compliments for how beautiful I looked the day of my wedding and I couldn't agree more. And honestly, one of the best parts was that after the day was over and I went to take off my makeup, it didn't feel like a disgusting amount. Of course there was a lot of makeup, but I didn't feel like I was taking pounds of it off my face.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier with Caroline and Tokiko and I would recommend Theresa Huang's studio in a heartbeat!

I'm glad I chose Theresa Huang Hair & Makeup for my Camarillo wedding! I first spoke with Theresa over the phone for a consultation, and she was very friendly, thorough and detail oriented. It was really easy setting up my hair and makeup trial. Their studio is super cute, located in Pasadena. Caroline, the studio manager, was always very prompt to get back to my emails and answer any questions. Lucy, Jenny and Katie were my hair and makeup team for the big day and they were very punctual and professional. We finished ahead of schedule and my bridesmaids and I looked great! Best of all, my makeup and hair lasted ALL day/night! Thank you!!

I did my engagement shoot and wedding hair/makeup with Tokiko and absolutely loved her. She did such an amazing job with both events and I got a ton of compliments from family and friends. The trials for both were also really enjoyable and it's clear that Tokiko has amazing artistic talent. Also, her two assistants for the day of our wedding were so great with the moms and kids and sisters, and overall getting ready with them was one of the highlights of my wedding day.

Tokiko and her team really understand how to do asian makeup and knew how to create a polished but natural look, which was what I was going for. She is also flexible and listens to any suggestions that I gave. She suggested airbrushing for me, which I would highly recommend to any bride because it feels so much lighter and looks seamless.

In addition, the studio in Pasadena is very cute and convenient to go to. And the staff members are all very sweet and friendly. I can't say anything but good things about this team. Hopefully I can use their services again soon!

Grace · Married on 09/06/2014

I am so lucky to have found Theresa Huang’s studio and to have worked with Aveline for my wedding in San Diego. Planning the wedding from the East Coast, I didn’t have time for a trial with Aveline. But based on the beautiful photos on the studio’s website, it was clear their stylists are skilled with creating absolutely gorgeous looks, and expert with Asian hair and skintone. Aveline and I had a great Skype session to “meet” each other and talk about my vision for my wedding look, and I knew she’d be able to create it. She drove down from LA to San Diego for the wedding, arriving on time and with lots of energy. We had a fun time that morning getting my mom and me ready for the big day. I absolutely loved the final look—I chose a half-up/half-down look with light curls and a few crystal pins she was able to incorporate in the back. The airbrush makeup was gorgeous and long-lasting even through the hot San Diego sun and hours of dancing that night. In fact, the look was so flawless and long-lasting I simply slept in the makeup and used that same glam look for my brunch the next day.

I looked and felt gorgeous on my wedding day! And my groom wants me to write that the makeup was gorgeous and elegant, and didn’t take over but enhanced—and he’s the one person I wanted to impress the most so thanks!

Summer · Married on 09/06/2014

They listen to who you are and try to figure out your style before even putting makeup on. Every little detail was a spruced up version of myself perfect for my big day. Jamie was very personable and did a great job even when I asked to change a few things on my final look. Highly recommend their services!

Ellie · Married on 04/12/2014

I was so happy with my hair and makeup team from Theresa Huang Studio! Leading up to the wedding day I had a preview session where I got to meet Theresa and her premier artist Tokiko. We came up with my look together and I was so happy they understood the fresh and natural look I wanted!

On the day of the wedding, the hair and makeup artists were very punctual and professional and were great about listening to what each of my bridesmaids wanted. Everyone felt and looked beautiful and radiant. For my own hair and makeup, I was sooo happy with Tokiko's work and she did an amazing job recreating the look we had decided on at my preview session. Tokiko has a great laid-back personality and is a great listener. She really paid attention to what I wanted and I'm so glad I got to work with her!

I recently got married (this past December) and am so happy that I had Theresa there along with her team on my big day. I had already known about Theresa because my sister had used her services on her wedding day 2 years back. Theresa and her team are just so wonderful, I can't say enough good things about them. Theresa is so talented, and she totally made me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. She's such a sweet person too! Makes you feel at ease during the whole grueling (it's a hard life) process!

Theresa and her team are super professional and they make sure that they help you achieve the look that you are going for. My sister's wedding and mine were completely different and the looks that people went for differed as well so Theresa and her team are definitely flexible and able to pull off whatever look you want!

I loved my hair, my makeup, everything! I chose to use Theresa's services because I knew that the makeup wouldn't be caked on, and it would look natural. The wonders of makeup! My makeup lasted the whole night, which was amazing since I was running around and dancing the night away! The makeup never once felt heavy!

My photographer recently sent me my photos from the wedding day and my hair turned out great and the makeup looked awesome!

I hope that in the future I have an excuse to hire Theresa for her services again! (who doesn't like to get done up and feel fannntastic?)

I love you Theresa Huang and team! You all are wonderfully awesome folks!

Theresa did my hair and makeup on my wedding day. I have never felt so beautiful in my whole life! She did everything I asked for and more. Thank you Theresa!!

Karen · Married on 03/23/2013

Monica did my trial, engagement photo shoot and wedding hair and makeup. She was amazing! She made me feel so beautiful and the makeup looked very natural.

Kim · Married on 10/27/2012

I selected Theresa Huang Make-Up and Hair after reviewing her website and blog. Theresa was already booked on the day of our wedding so she had her Lead Artist Tina work with me during the preview session and wedding day. Tina was amazing and her work was fabulous. She was so calm and caring throughout the entire session (and I must admit I was a little nervous because I don't normally wear a lot of makeup). She was able to look a the pictures I brought and make recommendations that suited my style. We actually did something different on my wedding day than the bridal preview and it turned out amazing. The make up lasted all night and so did my hair. We also had make-up and hair services for the MOB and MOH and had a second artist, Tokiko, work on them. She was also fabulous and everyone liked their hair and makeup.

Overall, the team was fabulous. They were very responsive to my inquiries, showed up on time during the bridal preview and wedding day, and used high quality make-up. Their prices are a little higher than other vendors but I think it is totally worth it. You are paying for their professionalism and experience, which are so important on your wedding day. I would absolutely recommend Theresa Huang Make-Up and Hair (especially Lead Artist Tina) to anyone looking for wedding make-up.

j · Married on 10/27/2012

I love makeup but hate giving up control and letting someone else do it. Most of the time it comes out looking very traditional and cutesy. Definitely not my style - I like smokey eyes, pale lips, more 60s mod. So I was nervous about letting someone do my hair and makeup for my wedding. At the same time, I know how awesome a good makeup and hair artist can make you look. So I went on the search for a good makeup/hair artist. I am so happy I found Theresa and her team. I had my trial with Manning and she was so great to work with. I had my own opinions on what I wanted done and she took that into consideration, plus suggested a few things that I had never tried before and was not sure of. But that was what the trial was for (definitely recommend a trial esp for your big day). And everything she did was great! We did two hair looks and two makeup looks. I had a hard time deciding on which look I liked the best!

On the morning of the wedding, Manning came to my hotel room and was so pleasant and calming. She played music and was easy to chit chat with. I had a change to what kind of curl I wanted in my hair (I had seen something in a magazine recently), and Manning executed it perfectly. The makeup looked so great and flawless, a little dramatic (which I wanted), but still looked like me. I LOVED it. And seriously my family and friends kept asking me if I had extensions in my hair because Manning had made my hair look so full and gorgeous. She also airbrushed my arms, back and shoulders so my skin glowed and looked perfect in my strapless wedding dress.

I highly recommend Theresa and her team. I will definitely use Manning again for a special event. She is highly skilled AND so nice and easy and cheerful to work with! And the hair and makeup looks awesome in the pictures. Makes a real difference to work with a skilled professional that can incorporate your vision and style.

I was married on Oct. 7, 2012 and Monica Chiu and I couldn't have been a better match. How lucky am I?

Here are the reasons why I think it worked out so well for us:
    1. We clicked, personality-wise: Monica is a down-to-earth, cut-to-the-chase straight talker. She won't coo at you, she won't play things up. She will tell you how she feels about something and she's confident in her opinion. This instills confidence right away in the client and I appreciated that, especially since I'm not usually a make-up user.

2. I did my homework: I put together my own "board" for Monica to give her a sense of what I was looking for... and she actually looked at it thoroughly! We had a few conversations over email to clarify some things and that meant that during my preview, things came together very quickly. It's important to give the artist as many references as possible (they're not mind-readers!)....but a good artist will "get it" right away and Monica got me and my style so quickly that I ended up using her first preview hairstyle for my wedding look.

3. Professionalism: The day of the wedding is usually hectic. Monica was calm, steady, focused and as a result, I could relax and know I would look great. There was a last minute lipstick color change, a curve ball to our day, but Monica handled it so calmly, even though everyone was calling us to hurry up. I was a bit frantic but she was solid. That made a huge difference. Even my mom was impressed.

I should also mention that we had a second artist, Tokiko, on the day of the wedding for mom's and bridesmaids and she did a great job too - totally polite, patient, and calm too. Everyone looked great.

Overall, I can say I was very satisfied with my experience with Monica. I got so many compliments on the wedding day, I was seriously blushing. I never felt so pretty in my life. Thanks Monica, for such a great memory.

I was so pleased with the wonderful work provided by this team. As a bride, I was particularly happy with Manning, who took care of my hair and makeup. She is incredibly talented and patient, and made me feel perfect for the big day!

Cindy · Married on 09/29/2012

I highly recommend TH and her team. They were VERY flexible with my wedding day timeline even up till the night before. The make up was light and natural unlike some other places I checked out. Christy (my day-of artist) spent a lot of time making me look beautiful. The price is definitely worth every penny!! I will use TH and her team for my next big event. To all the brides-to-be...TH is definitely the one to have on your special day.

Christine · Married on 09/15/2012

I initially met with Theresa for my trial in April. I had not prepared very well in terms of gathering photos of hair/mu I liked. I only had a general description in mind-- I wanted the makeup to be natural, but wanted my eyes to POP. We went over the look I was going for and she got it spot on! I ended up going with airbrushing, my skin looked flawless and it felt like I had no makeup on.

On the day of the wedding, Theresa and her team (Rachelle, Jenny, and Julie) arrived at our suite right on schedule. We had 7 hair and makeup and 1 cutie pie. They were so fun to work with and extremely professional. Everyone looked AMAZING. All hair and makeup stayed intact the entire day despite the heat and dancing. Our three year old flower girl especially enjoyed the primping experience and Jenny and Julie took such great care of her. She could not stop glancing at her cute reflection in the mirror.

I am so glad I went with Theresa for our hair and makeup. There are so many investments to be made when planning a wedding, but honestly, whats the point if you don't look and feel awesome on your wedding day?

June · Married on 09/15/2012

Theresa's artists came to the hotel on time and ready to work! We had so much fun getting all the girls and moms made up, and each artist really listened to what each girl wanted, even if it was something we didn't like. they even provided me with a bridal emergency kit that contained things like tissues, qtips, and gum. I received compliments on my hair and makeup all night, and even looking back on photos now I am so glad I hired Theresa and her wonderful team!

Hoai · Married on 09/08/2012

Theresa is amazingly good at make women beautiful. After having two other make-up trials, I chose Theresa not only because she made me the most beautiful, but it also looked very natural. I loved Theresa and her Team, if fact my bridal party had nothing but good things to say about the Team. Theresa was accommodating, on time and does amazing work. I would recommend Theresa to anyone who wants to look amazing for any special event.

Theresa and her team are the best in this area for makeup. I had worked with Theresa and her staff before as a bridesmaid and I was so impressed by her work that she was the first vendor I booked after I got engaged. Theresa was very responsive and helped me pick out the makeup and hair for my engagement shoot and my wedding. We also had to change where we got ready about a week before the wedding, but she said it was no problem and even gave me a refund of part of my deposit because it was 5 miles closer. There were 6 of us getting ready: four bridesmaids, me and the groom and she brought herself and two assistants. We started getting ready at 9~9:30 and we were out the door by 1! Her assistants were really helpful and did touchups on everyone before we left on both hair and makeup. All four of my girls were happy with their hair and makeup which I think is a pretty impressive feat even if my girls aren't that picky. All the guests complimented me and the bridesmaids on the makeup and it was still good well until the night. I didn't consider anyone else and you shouldn't either! Theresa and her team are great!

Lucy · Married on 08/04/2012

I was very happy to work with TH Makeup & Hair Design for my wedding. Theresa is great!! She's super-friendly, very honest, helpful and very quick to answer all my questions and concerns. I felt having my makeup and hair done with TH Makeup & Hair Design team was one of the best and most worth it decisions I made. My Artist "CHRISTY" was AWESOME!! During my preview session, I didn't have a specific idea but she was able to give me the look I want. On my wedding day my hair and make-up was just perfected. I was kind nervious, stressed, emotional on my wedding day, Christy was so sweet, friendly, encouraging and calming, which helped me out ALOT!! My mom and my sister were very please with the make-up done by Christy also, and they are so much pickier than me. I would also like to praise Tokiko, my bridemaids, sister in law, mom, loved their hair and make-up also, Tokiko's so gentle and sweet. TH Makeup & Hair Design team is definitely A+ well worth your money.

Cecilia · Married on 07/28/2012

My wedding was on July 28, 2012 and I would highly recommend Theresa Huang and her team of highly trained professional stylists for hair and make-up. They were very professional and on time for my hair and makeup appointment. All my bridesmaids and moms looked amazing!!! We all looked stunning for the photos. Tina did my makeup and hair, and I absolutely loved it. My skin was not at its best condition on my wedding day, but Tina was able to make it look flawless.

I definitely recommend Theresa for any bride to be, and book her way in advance. I booked her 4 months in advance. In the end what ends up remaining other than memories are the photos......so you need a good photographer and a GREAT makeup artist.

Theresa Huang Make-up & Hair Design Team did an amazing job for me and my bridal party on the day of my wedding. My makeup and hair was done by Christy Im. I loved my makeup and it lasted all day. She was able to do the dramatic smokey eye makeup that I wanted and the airbrush makeup made my skin look flawless. My high bun hair was done nicely and it held up through all the dancing till the end of the night! The teamed showed up on time and stayed on schedule. I had 6 bridesmaids and they were all happy with how their hair and makeup turned out as well.

Shining · Married on 07/14/2012

Theresa and her team are the best! my makeup was flawless and the hair was so cute! my bridesmaids and I are very pleased with their works!