42 Reviews for The Yancey House

Bridal Suite (1)
Centerpieces (1)
Decor (1)
42 The Yancey House Reviews

Maria was a godsend, and she went above and beyond not only to make the venue beautiful but also to accommodate the needs of my family as we prepared for my daughter's wedding. My daughter wanted the "royal wedding" she had dreamed up for years since even before high school, and The Yancey House MORE THAN DELIVERED! Thank you isn't good enough, but they're the words most often used, so thank you so much, Maria, for making my little girl's (and my new son-in-law's) day one to remember for a lifetime. You rock!

Profile Picture Sean, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Maria is such a wonderful woman, she provided us with all that we needed, she did much more than a vendor will do, she is so flexible, super friendly, professional and caring! We are so happy with how our wedding came out to be! Don’t waste your time looking for another place this one is a dream come true! Love it !!!!

Profile Picture Diana, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mrs. Maria has been awesome to work with since our initial communication in January. She answered every single question and met with me whenever it was needed. Due to the numerous weddings she's had at the venue, she's able to share how others did something and how it worked for them. The venue is beautiful and well kept inside and outside. Everything was always in the perfect place. Mrs. Maria sees to it that your wedding day goes smoothly by being readily available before the big day and on wedding day.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I'm a little late in writing this review. We had our wedding June 2017. I have nothing, but the most positive things to say about the Yancey House. Maria was so accommodating and helpful from start to finish. We had the perfect wedding day. We would use Yancey House again and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a venue to have a wedding. Thank You Maria and The Yancey House for all you have done for us.

Profile Picture Vincent, 6/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access
4.1

I'm really glad we chose the Yancey house. Maria is superb and I'm really looking forward to the wedding day.

Profile Picture Abigail, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Yancey House is Great and the Owner of the House Ms. Maria is Amazing !!!! She is always available if there are any questions or if you need any suggestions. I had the wedding of my dreams there on May 26, 2017. The venue has an amazing outdoor scene with a gazebo and a beautifuly laid brick path for the wedding ceremony. There is also an inside option and the price is great. Love that you can get your own food and cake instead of being forced to purchase bland wedding food. If you want an Amazing wedding with no stress the Yancey House is for you !!!

Photo for The Yancey House Review - My favorite mirror in the house
Photo for The Yancey House Review - With the Amazing Ms. Maria
Photo for The Yancey House Review - Fron of the house view
Profile Picture Jeffelyn, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Decor, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite

The Yancey House is a very lovely venue. Be it an indoor or outdoor event, you can be sure to get the best of both worlds at this venue. I just had my wedding done there and it was an awesome experience. The owner was very nice and helpful in making sure everything turned out great. The prices are reasonable as well.

Profile Picture Uju, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I got married at the Yancey House on 10/23/16 and it was the best decision we ever made! Maria is an absolute God-send and she truly went above and beyond for our wedding. She was always available and has so many of her own decorations and will make everything perfect. The venue is already so gorgeous you really don't need many decorations! We took our wedding pictures here as well and they are so beautiful. I can't recommend The Yancey House enough for your wedding or any other event! My day was so perfect!
*because of the county laws with noise, weddings cannot be later than 10pm on Friday and Saturday and not later than 9pm on Sundays* Beer and wine only with no glass bottles. This can be an issue with some weddings but was fine for mine! :)

Profile Picture Erika, 10/23/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens

We had our wedding and reception on September 10th, 2016 at the Yancey House, and it was perfection! The setting was so beautiful! Our guests could not stop raving about this venue! I cannot say enough about how wonderful our wedding was. Not only are there not enough words to describe the elegance and loveliness of the Yancey House, there are definitely not enough words to compliment and praise the owner/operator, Ms. Maria. She went above and beyond with the set up and the decorating. Ms. Maria was so accommodating and open to any suggestion I had. She worked hard to do anything and everything I asked of her. She really takes care of the brides!! I would definitely use this venue again and most certainly recommend it to others! Thank you, Maria!!

Profile Picture User7273485, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I originally was going to have my wedding and reception at the Yancey House but opted out for a more intimate ceremony so I had my bridal shower here instead. The Yancey House is absolutely beautiful and Maria is amazing! She works with you and is very accommodating. If you have a vision, she will see to it that it comes true. I cant praise this venue or her enough, you definitely will not be dissapointed in either of the two. Thank you Maria for being so incredibly amazing!

Profile Picture Kym, 7/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment we drove through the gates of The Yancey House I knew this was the place where I wanted to hold my son & daughter-in-law's Rehearsal Dinner. The grounds, landscaping, gazebo, lawn area, upstairs deck, and reception hall area were absolutely beautiful. Our 63 guests for the RD had an incredible time - we loved hearing their ooh's and ahh's when they walked onto the grounds. Maria was so easy to work with, great value, gave me a strong list of vendors to check out and was willing to provide lots of things like table decorations, table linens, silk flowers, etc. at no extra charge. Zack was able to enjoy time with the guys at his Cigar Bar, the dessert area was the perfect size for the cutting of the groom's cake and a candy bar. The location of the buffet/food/drink area allowed our guests to move through the line without bumping into each other. The bar was located in an open area with easy access to guests. The slideshow/dvd hookup with easy and the screen was large enough for all of our guests to view. After dinner, we all moved out to the open lawn area to play cornhole, other lawn games, and even a cake walk!

Maria accommodated my request to access the venue early in the morning due to other commitments for the wedding and was right in there with us giving any extra decorating help that we needed. The parking attendants did a great job directing our guests to their spaces without anyone bumping car doors.

Best of all - I live in Tampa, Florida and The Yancey House is in Grayson, Georgia! I was so worried about planning and she told me it was going to be a breeze and it was!

I can't wait to book another event at this venue as the newlyweds live in the area! Thanks Maria!

Profile Picture User6873373, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

If you're looking for a venue that will make your dream wedding come true, this is the venue for you!! Maria was amazing, professional, and very flexible. However, the END time which was 10 or 11PM (can't remember the exact time) is very strictly enforced. She lets you know ahead of time so there is no surprise. I didn't think I'd need it but i wish i would have planned an after party at my house. LOL. Everything was clean and beautiful, she runs an amazing venue and is prepared to help ease the butterflies before you walk out. Thank you Maria!!

Profile Picture Angela , 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

May 21, 2016 I said "I do" at The Yancey House. When viewing the venue for the first time I immediately fell in love with the space and the owner Maria. Maria represents all the qualities of her venue: welcoming, refreshing and beautiful inside and out. From day one, Maria was so genuine and accommodating. On the day of our wedding, with all the craziness, Maria was right there for whatever was needed. Our guest said they had never been to a wedding venue so perfect. From the luscious gardening, to the crisp clean inside hall space, to the grand bride and groom 'get ready' space- it was all amazing. I can't say enough kind words about my experience at The Yancey House. But what I will finish with, is that if you are looking for a venue...for any type of event, it would be a shame if you did not put The Yancey House on you list of places to check out. You will fall in love!

Profile Picture Aracia, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my bridal shower at The Yancey House and it was such a beauty! Of course the contract and planning of it was handled by my maid of honor, but everything I heard about that was great. Not only was the space it self very large and useful, but they left tons of decor for my bridesmaids to use to decorate with colors of the shower. I would definitely recommend this space, it was large and the outdoor space is beautiful as well. Definitely enjoyed this and would recommend!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I had my wedding at The Yancy house. Maria is such a genuine person. She went above and beyond to make my event a success. The venue is beautiful , well maintained and has lots of scenery for pictures. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a excellent venue for an event.

Profile Picture Eugenia, 10/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough good things about The Yancey House and the owner, Maria. She was absolutely amazing and I am proud to call her a friend after everything was said and done. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and my guests couldn't say enough about how beautiful the grounds were. Beyond how awesome the venue is, Maria is really the icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned when booking this venue. She worked with me as the bride and my wedding coordinator tirelessly to make sure everything was perfect and she never tried to charge me for "extras". If anything, she tried to help me with various items that she already had to use for free. It rained on my wedding day and I had planned to have both my ceremony and reception outside so the entire thing had to be rearranged on a last minute basis and Maria was in the heart of it helping to move chairs, tables, set up centerpieces, etc. And she managed to do all of it with a beautiful beaming smile on her face and hug for me before I had to walk down the aisle. Having my wedding at The Yancey House was one of the best decisions I have ever made. If you are a bride exploring various venues, you owe it to yourself to check out The Yancey House. You won't be disappointed and I would say that they will exceed all of your expectations. They certainly exceeded mine! Thank you so much to Maria and her wonderful venue for making my wedding day the best day!

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Firstly, I cannot say enough about the professionalism, genuineness and kindness that Maria (Manager of Yancey House) showed me and my family pre and post renewal experience. It is truly something we will always cherish. When I first did my research regarding Yancey House, I was so impressed with the pictures that I saw on her site, that I couldn't wait to setup an appointment to see it for ourselves. Upon speaking with her and going to the Yancey House and meeting her and seeing the location up close and personal it was like "Yes this is it"! I had a vision of how I wanted this day to be and Maria was extremely flexible in making sure that my vision was realized. When doing the prepping prior to the big day, we discussed alternative options for the renewal in the event of bad weather and what ways we were going to have our day happen. The morning and day of we had storms that came through and up until about 30 minutes before the start of the Renewal the storms stopped, you truly cannot put a price or value on seeing Maria and her staff out their drying chairs off and positioning the venue, for the initial vision we had in place to make our vision and special day come true. My husband and I will always cherish her efforts and our special day. Having our renewal at the Yancey House was a magical and surreal experience and truly recommend it to everyone. You won't regret it!!!!

Profile Picture Antoinette, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Yancy house is the perfect place for a beautiful elegant wedoing. The mend I saw it I knew it was the perfect place for my wedding. You will not be disappointed. I recommend this venue to any and everyone planning there weeding. All my guest were impressed and very pleased

Profile Picture Dessie, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Yancey House is beautiful and was the perfect place for our wedding. We knew the first time we visited that we loved it, but the price and the option to choose our own vendors made the decision very easy for us. And I can't say enough wonderful things about Maria. Not only is she very helpful, knowledgeable, and sweet, but she also made sure that everything was set up just as we wanted it and always responded very quickly to any questions that we had. I would definitely recommend Maria and The Yancey House if you are looking to make your special day absolutely perfect!!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 4/12/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is beautiful and I recieved many compliments on it. All my guests were very impressed with the venue and the beautiful house. It turned out to be very chilly and windy the day of the renewal of vows, so the initial plan to have everything outside got changed to having the reception inside, which I feel turned out great! There was room for everything and the entire venue is great for pictures! Great for a small to medium sized wedding. Maria is GREAT! Love her personality and energy. Very helpful and she got back to me for everything I needed. Very professional and charming. I would highly recommend her and the venue for anyone for their event. It has a great location and easy to find. Loved it!!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 2/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't have chosen a better place to have our wedding then at The Yancey House. It's so beautiful and the location was perfect for us. Maria is so awesome. She is sweet, professional and very helpful in getting your wedding day to be perfect. I would recommend The Yancey House to anyone who is looking for a beautiful place to have your wedding or any kind of event.

Profile Picture Virginia, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Just when I was about to give in to a venue I couldn't afford I was introduced to the Yancey House. It was perfect for my small wedding; the venue is georgous and it was very much affordable. I wanted to do a DIY wedding and not being forced to have caterers was an absolute blessing. Maria is so easy to talk to and is super helpful so I was very grateful. I had a wonderful summer wedding here and I will keep recommending this venue.

Profile Picture Tia, 8/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Maria is awesome! She works with you and helps you make your wedding day special. We were planning to have our wedding out under the beautiful gazebo, but it was so wet outside from all the rain the night and morning before. She was very flexible, and we were able to quickly change plans and have the ceremony inside. She makes you feel comfortable, and she is very personable. She does not make you get a caterer, as we provided our own food, and we could choose any others vendors we wanted, as opposed to making you pick from a list. She also helps you with ideas and any decorations that she has on hand at the house. I am beyond pleased with my wedding, and I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Profile Picture Brittany, 7/19/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was so impressed with her services. Ms. Maria was very helpful with my wedding and reception. I would definitely recommend her facility and use it for future events.

Profile Picture User4251363, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

my Wife and I were over all thrilled with the service provided.The Yance youse is a wonderful establishment.it is a perfect place to get married and confess eat others love for 1 another baby I have the funniest thing greatest memories of my wedding day. Thank you so very much for all your help and support you're a busy hectic wonderful amazing time

Profile Picture User4217547, 2+ years ago, 1 Review