The Works Florist Reviews

23 | Carol Stream, IL

23 Reviews for The Works Florist

23 The Works Florist Reviews

Jen Goudy · Married on 09/21/2018

She made my wedding beautiful

Dorthy did amazing! My flowers were beautiful, people commented for weeks about amazing the sunflowers looked! I waited for my pictures to do this review because they were stunning they need to be in this review! I’d recommend any new bride to dorthy! So easy to work with and made sure everything was prefect!

The Works Florist 1
    The Works Florist 2
    The Works Florist 3
    The Works Florist 4
    The Works Florist 5

Carla · Married on 08/31/2018

Dorothy has true gift and was such a pleasure to work with. She understood my vision and was a true gem throughout the entire process. She did an absolutely amazing job and we have received SO many compliments on how beautiful the flowers were. Every single thing that was on my wish list she made happen.. I was honestly ecstatic when the flowers arrived. My bouquet was even better then I ever envisioned. So, so glad I chose Dorothy. If I did it all over again, she would be a vendor I would absolutely choose again.

The Works Florist 6

Chessa · Married on 08/04/2018

We had a great experience with Dorothy. I had a very different idea for flowers and she did a great job incorporating what I envisioned with a practical plan and always made sure I was satisfied. Couldn’t be happier!

The Works Florist 7
    The Works Florist 8
    The Works Florist 9

Ashley · Married on 09/08/2017

Dorothy is amazing!! she truly loves what she does and understands that weddings can be expensive and does not try to use that against you!! Not only was she reasonable but she made my beauty and the beast wedding stand out to perfection!! I can't express how beautiful this was.

The Works Florist 10

Karen · Married on 07/16/2016

Thank you for making our wedding look perfect! The flowers were stunning, the church decorations looked beautiful and the reception décor looked amazing! We cannot thank you enough, everything was wonderful!
    -Karen Orth

Barb · Married on 09/18/2011

You would be a fool not to hire Dorothy as your wedding florist. She is fantastic. We were working on a tight budget due to the fact that we live in Dallas and were getting married in IL. She worked around our schedule to meet with us when we were in town (in spite of the fact she had been hit by a tornado just a few days before) and provided us with exactly what we wanted for very little money. Other florists gave us quotes for twice what she did. She is very understanding when it comes to your budget. She came up with beautiful arrangements that suited our budget. The flowers are very high quality. We were married a week ago, shipped our flowers from IL to Dallas since I wanted to keep them and my bridal bouquet STILL is beautiful. The roses and callas are just now starting to wilt slightly. A WEEK LATER! Bottom line: Hire this woman! She is wonderful and so is her work! Dorothy-Thank you so much for adding those special touches to our special day... I do not have enough words to express how much we loved our flowers!

Adina · Married on 09/04/2011

Dorothy takes a great deal of pride in what she does and this was revealed in the flower arrangements and bouquets. She was able to get the flowers set up and delivered in a timely. Great service and willing to work with your budget.

Allison · Married on 07/03/2011

My mom found Dorothy and The Works Florist in her "Great Chuppah Search." We had hired a wonderful florist for everything else, but were looking for a birch branch chuppah. Everywhere else, such things were very expensive. Dorothy (just like Kim from Blooming Creations) runs her business from home. She is very sweet and does excellent work. She delivered our chuppah bright and early on our wedding day, so that there wasn't a major set-up going on during our wedding photos (which we took before the ceremony at the venue). She added gorgeous flowers to the front poles, which matched my bouquet flowers from Blooming Creations. I got so many complements on the chuppah, it really made the photos pop.

Michele · Married on 01/01/2011

When I walked into the room set with the backdrop for our wedding ceremony, with pillars, cascading flowers, drapes, lighting, etc. the effect was stunning. It transformed a basic restaurant party room to help create an intimate, magical moment.

The beautiful table flower arrangements also exceeded our expectations. Dorothy worked with my budget, listened carefully to what my vision was, and added her special touches to make everything perfect. Giving her creative license and relying on her expertise proved to be the right choice!

Rachel · Married on 12/13/2010

We would like to thank The Works for making our wedding day so beautiful. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous. So many people commented on both the bouquets and the table arrangements. We also appreciated the outstanding personalized service and attention to detail. We can't thank you enough!

Kelly · Married on 11/19/2010

I used The Works for my wedding (ceremony, bridal party & reception) in November '10. I was referred to her from a personal friend of mine and she was amazing! Her business and professionalism can be described best as outstanding service, high quality, attention to detail and beautiful results. I met with 3 different florists and they had no interest in what my vision of my wedding was and it was very straight to the point, how many of this and how many of that, here’s your price. Dorothy went above and beyond, made notes, asked for colors of the wedding, asked for swatches, made numerous suggestions to stay within my budget and even allowed me to come in to look at a demo of my centerpieces so that I could visualize it. Her floral and design experience, customer service and dedication to her work speak for themselves and come across in her work. I had so many compliments about my flowers that I pass her card to everyone that I know. What’s amazing is that she does so much more then bridal. I use her for my everyday flower orders as well. As someone who works in the customer service industry, Dorothy was a pleasure to work with and given all of the stress that comes with planning a wedding, I never once worried about my flowers because I knew I was in good hands.

Marissa · Married on 07/23/2010

I cannot thank Dorthy enough for making my wedding so beautiful. Still till this day I recieve so many wonderful comments about the flowers and decorations for the reception. When I had doubts about sunflowers..Dorthy assured me they would go perfect and she was right! She answered all my questions and always returned my calls. Dorthy was a big part of why I loved my wedding so much. I highly reccomend her and her services.

Sara · Married on 05/01/2010

Dorothy made picking the flowers the easiest part of my wedding planning. She knew exactly what I was wanting to achieve and made it happen seamlessly!!! I have recommended her to three more of my friends, one of whom will be using her next month at her wedding!!! The cost was very affordable, especially for the quality of service. I always felt like I was her only client! Look no further-this florist is incomparable!!!

Heather · Married on 09/06/2009

My husband and I had to cancel our original destination wedding for Mexico when the swine flu outbreak happened in May 2009. We shipped many items to Mexico ahead of time that was going to save us money. We lost so much $, the very last thing I wanted to do was plan another wedding back home in Illinois. When we finally were able to pull ourselves together both emotionally and financially, Dorothy and her wonderful husband took all the thought out of this part of the wedding and made it absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. I knew what kind of flowers I wanted and the colors, and Dorothy ran wild with it. The arrangements were so stunningly gorgeous, and she was so fantastic in a personal sense, I felt so comfortable with her. By the time our wedding day finally arrived, I felt like a friend was delivering my flowers to me and my party. No monetary value could be placed on what joy she brought to that day.

Professionally speaking, Dorothy was wonderful. She was empathetic to my financial situation and found a way to work with my budget and still make it that magical day that every bride deserves. I shopped around to a few different florists before finding the Dorothy gem, and each time I visited with other florists, I felt like they were really trying to upsell me on flowers and services that I did not need, despite me being upfront about my budget. Dorothy is not about that at all. It is very clear that Dorothy truly loves her job, and the fact that she excels at it, should not give you any hesitation to call her immediately for your flower and decor needs. You will not be let down.

LuAnne · Married on 06/20/2009

I used Dorothys services for both of my daughters weddings and was very pleased with both events. She took our ideas and made them FABULOUS! The flowers were fresh and beautiful and the designs original.She knows flowers and has a passion for what she does. She let us be very hands on to make it personal but I would trust her to handle the whole thing if that works for you. She worked with us to get the most impact for a reasonable price. And did I say she's great under pressure? Power outage at the hotel, possible venue change...very stressful but she pulled it off beautifully. I've recomended her many times without hesitation. You won't be sorry.

GEORGIA · Married on 06/30/2007

She was amazing!

Angela · Married on 09/10/2016

Dorothy was amazing, detail perfect! Our flowers were fresh and lasted all night. I immediately liked her after meeting with her. She made everything easy because I live out of town, all I had to do was tell her my colors and she brought my vision together. It truly was a pleasure working with her.

Kelly · Married on 10/14/2017

3.5

By far the best price quotes I received from anyone! She did an excellent job with the bouquets. I loved them and got so many compliments regarding them. So glad i went with her and will recommend her to family and friends! Only complaint is at times she took awhile to respond to emails but otherwise everything was great!

Katie · Married on 05/22/2010

We had a fantastic experience with Dorothy and the works. They created beautiful centerpieces just to my liking for the event as well as put up decorations over the dance floor. The lighting was beautiful for the dancing and I would not have changed a thing. Thank you again Dorothy for your wonderful job on my wedding!!! -Katie Springborn

Amy · Married on 05/15/2010

4.2

The Works Florist was very helpful in working to meet my budget and the flowers, backdrop and center pieces were even prettier than I imagined. I would recommend this company.

Jennifer · Married on 05/06/2011

4.2
      3.5

I worked with Dorothy and The Works florist for my wedding this May. Dorothy was great from the first time we met. I told her what flowers I liked and what colors I was thinking of. She was really helpful and had some great ideas for all the centerpieces and bouquets.

We ended up choosing half flower centerpieces and half a trio of candles, with some stones underneath and flowers tucked in. I really wanted two shades of pink, light and deep pink and really full blooms. I told her my budget for flowers and she really worked with me, to get exactly what I wanted.

On the day of the wedding, Dorothy arrived early to get everything ready. The bouquets were perfect and exactly what I was looking for. The centerpieces, I was really excited about. They were different than what we had originally talked about. We chose six inch round cylander vases and the inside would be covered in greenery to not show the stems. The centerpieces I received were shallow vases. The flowers were still lovely in them. And we really liked the candle centerpieces. I just wish we had the centerpieces we talked about or received notice that they would be different than we originally thought.

Overall, we were really happy with our flowers and Dorothy. I would recommend her to someone who needs flowers.

Mylinh · Married on 05/27/2012

2.0

Dorothy did a great job with the centerpieces and bouquets. They were beautiful and stayed fresh and held up throughout the day and night. She has a lot of other items available to rent, such as pillars and arches, which added a beautiful touch to our ceremony. I gave her low marks for responsiveness because initially, when I was inquiring about her services, she was prompt and answered my questions quickly and professionally. However, after we signed the contract, she took forever getting back to me via email whenever I had a question for her. Sometimes a few weeks would go by before she responded; this included several versions of invoices. I really had to ask a few times. She really has great ideas and floral knowledge, but make sure EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING you guys agree on is written in the final contract, or she may forget about it.

Sanja · Married on 03/26/2017

0.6
      1.0
      0.5

I have nothing positive to say about my experience with this vendor. Only good thing was that she was less than 2 miles from my house. Flowers were not what I wanted.....she confirmed a month before my wedding that she would do exactly what I asked for and she said she had the pictures of my bouquet. The day before my wedding was a disaster. She tried to fix it by creating a new one which was yellow. I paid extra for purple Calalilies and I assume she ran out because she used white ones instead. Tried to blame me for her screw up. I would not recommend Dorothy. She is unprofessional, too emotional and quick to blame others for her mistakes. She sent me rude and nasty emails after I confronted her. I was stuck with her flowers because the day of my wedding I needed flowers, she came at 2:30 (30 minute late) and just left them on my bed and ran out pretty much. Yellow hint and white are two different colors, they do not match anything in my wedding. Yellow roses aren't white roses and lighting was professional......I have pictures to prove she made her pictures look white by editing pictures, my professional photos are available for proof!!!