31 Reviews for The Woods at Bear Creek

Stations (1)
Premium Liquor (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
30 The Woods at Bear Creek Reviews

We are getting married here come 2018. Very flexible, beautiful venue! Counting down the days!!

Profile Picture Christie, 2/10/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What an amazing experience we had here. From the very start to the end. We knew from the moment we went to Bear Creek that we were going to get married there. Getting married in October, you can never guess the weather. Kari (wedding planner) made sure to have a backup plan for any type of weather. The property is beautiful beyond words. The staff blew us away the whole night. They really were amazing and went above and beyond. Kari and Mike were amazing and catered to our every need, anytime we needed something. The food was absolutely amazing and was perfect.I can not say enough good things about this place. I would recommend them to anyone a million times. They made our fairy tale wedding possible and we are forever grateful!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture kaitlyn, 10/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The woods at Bear was amazing for my wedding. The staff was so kind and helpful! They helped make the day so perfect. The vibe and atmosphere was so laid back and such a blast !

Profile Picture Mary, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My Husband and I got married at the woods at bear creek almost a 2 week ago!! We were beyond happy with our experience for our Big Day!!!

Photos
Profile Picture Nicole, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals

I couldn't have imagined a more perfect day! My husband and I were blown away with the attention to detail and how attentive the staff is! We highly recommend this as a venue for any occasion but for a wedding it can't be surpassed.

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
4.7

Very organized and helpful. Beautiful setting and good food

Profile Picture Molly , 8/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I could not have picked a more beautiful, perfect wedding venue than The Woods at Bear Creek!! We held our ceremony and reception at The Woods on May 28th, 2017. The Woods truly is a hidden gem in the wedding industry, as we spent months researching venue after venue in the Buffalo area... We knew once we visited The Woods for a tour that it was the perfect place for an elegant yet country style wedding. Their beautiful reception hall is brand new with gold chiavari chairs, a wrap around porch, and a spectacular view of their lake. It was also the perfect setting for our outdoor ceremony! All of our guests really enjoyed the views from the wrap around porch until it was time for the ceremony, where they enjoyed sitting by the water and watching us get married in the gazebo. The food for the wedding was amazing (Thanks Chef Troy)!! Everything came out hot and so delicious. The Woods and Kari were so great to work with, they even worked with us to come up with a custom menu. As my husband and I really love Mexican food, we were able to enjoy fajitas, corn on the cob, margaritas, and more!! Overall I am so happy with everything The Woods had to offer, the day went so smoothly, and I don't have one complaint! I highly recommend this venue if you are looking for something unique for your wedding venue. They also just finished another equally as beautiful wedding venue there with high vaulted ceilings and a beautiful fireplace. Definitely check it out!! Thank you so much to the staff at The Woods for everything!! We will have memories for a lifetime :)

Profile Picture Dominique, 5/28/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning

My husband Joe and I got married here on April 29th, 2017. It was amazing!! All of our guests complimented on the amazing views. The lake was the backdrop for many photos. The employees there are well to work with. Kari is amazing!! Food is to die for! Thank you so much for making it a day that many will remember for years!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't have asked for more! Our wedding was perfect! The location was breathtaking and the food was amazing! Every tiny detail was attended too!

Profile Picture Heather, 12/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
4.1

Beautiful place and the food was wonderful.

Profile Picture Danny, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Overall, I highly recommend The Woods at Bear Creek for anyone looking for a rustic outdoors venue for a wedding! My daughter and her fiancé looked at several other locations for their October 2016 wedding, but this was the perfect choice for them! Prices are very comparable to most other venues. They do charge a fee to have the ceremony here as well as a banquet rental fee in addition to the per person charge. We worked with two banquet managers, Jennifer at first who was just wonderful and then Kari, who was also very good but took a bit longer to get back to us. They met with us on our schedule and did everything the way we asked – from the set-up of the tables to using the grove (not the gazebo) for the ceremony to the choice of entrees and beer! Everyone was so accommodating and nice and the management and maintenance staff were also great to work with. The food was excellent!!! They even provided lunch for the bride and bridesmaids upon request. The food for the rehearsal dinner was good and was held in the pavilion on a chilly evening because alcohol is not allowed in the rec center. We did have a photo booth and the set up was a little constraining due to the number of people but it worked! One thing I wish is that the cake had been served sooner after dinner. They had plenty of wood for the bonfires too. Many people stayed in the cabins which were very clean. Two issues: check in was at 3:00 unless you paid a $50 early check in fee but the ceremony was at 3:00 and no one was staying in the cabins the night before – ridiculous, especially since all these people were there for a wedding! And they charge tax at the restaurant on the breakfast that is included in the cabin package – just include it in the price to make things easier or put it on your information sheet so guests are aware of it! Again, The Woods at Bear Creek is a lovely place to have a wedding!

Profile Picture Judy, 10/1/16, 10 Reviews
4.2

My husband and I held our ceremony and reception here. It was exactly what we were looking for! The food was amazing and Kari and Mike did a wonderful job the day of, taking care of us and making sure all went smooth. The only issue we had to work through was the booking of cabins. Our guests had trouble calling the reservation desk to book their cabins, but once I got a hold of Mike and Kari they were able to take care of it for us. Lastly, we had started with a different event manager, and once Kari took over it took some adjusting. However, once we figured out the best way to reach her was her cell phone, she was willing to talk or answer questions at any time! We are so happy this venue was available for our use. It was perfect!

Profile Picture Karen, 10/1/16, 7 Reviews
4.2

Recently had our wedding here and the venue was beautiful and the food was good (from what my guests tell me, I scarfed mine down in 2 bites). Kari the wedding coordinator was great and met frequently with us to discuss plans. The acoustics were also great for our live band. We had one issue regarding cabins for our guests and wedding guests ( an agreement was discussed and clear with the previous wedding coordinator and not communicated to Kari almost leaving several guests without a place to stay which was not Kari's fault. This was very stressful to find out the day before the wedding but The Woods made right and ensured all of our wedding guests had a place to stay. We ended up having our guests stay in about 75% of the cabins and staying for a bonfire after the wedding which was another level of fun that my husband and I and our guests loved. All in all our wedding was a blast with only a few small kinks that ended up being worked out. Compared to similar venues the value for the money was great and we had a wonderful day, my only suggestion would be to make sure everyone is on the same page and everything is in in writing and communicated to prevent any last minute stresses but all in all I was happy with the venue.

Profile Picture User5423515, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Accommodations, Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Chairs, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)

The Woods at Bear Creek was a stunning venue for our wedding. We are still hearing compliments about the location and amazing view they have. Kari took over our arrangements after working with someone else. Kari did a great job and was very accommodating. The food was amazing! The staff made sure to set aside appetizers for us for after our pictures. They had plates all made up for us to help us save time for our guest. We were the first to do a buffet and again food was great! The homemade desserts were delicious! Kari surprised us with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries! Super sweet and nice touch!
Some concerns for us..
To use the gazebo for the ceremony, was over priced. Many issues with the cabins came up as we and many guest spent the night. When we arrived, my maid of honor was stung by a wasp. Maintenance was there right away and got ride of the nest thankfully. My parents cabin however, got switched and they ended up sleeping on the bottom of bunk beds instead of a queen. Many stumps are near the campfire and we had a guest take a face dive walking to a cabin. She is okay but could have been avoided. Those that handle the cabin booking were difficult to deal with and frustrating. Kari helped us the best she could but it's a different department that needs some much needed help.
We had our rehearsal dinner there the night before. Wish they would have used the bus to transport us all instead of the gulf carts that took multiple trips.

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Chairs, Tables, Accommodations, Event Planning

My daughter's wedding was at The Woods at Bear Creek this past week end. They did a wonderful job! Kari, Mike, Barb, Jenn and many others were a pleasure to work with. The food was excellent, especially the horseradish salmon. The service was great and the venue looked beautiful! Kari was very responsive and helpful before, during and after the wedding. The bride, Suzanne, was very happy with everything and having a campfire each night with all her friends was just what she wanted. We also had the rehearsal dinner in the pavilion where the glamping cabins were, with the campfire to follow and it was perfect. We had a barbecue, the food was great for that as well and we enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. It was a wonderful week end!

Profile Picture Adam, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Open Bar, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Chairs, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor

Mike and the staff at Bear Creek were amazing! We had 10 cabins of family and friends there for the entire weekend. They were accommodating with our switching cabins around on Friday afternoon, provided an awesome rehearsal dinner outside that night and made sure that our wedding day was perfect despite the rain! We received many complements from our guests on the venue and the food.

Profile Picture Helena, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Travel
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Chairs, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer

Our wedding was a hit!!! The Woods at Bear Creek was just switching people who was taking care of us so I wanted to make sure the new person was aware of everything. But that won't be an issue with upcoming brides/weddings. The food was absolutely fantastic!!! Having it at this venue gives guests a feel of a destination wedding within driving distance. Our guests had a lot of fun staying in the cabins and zip lining!! The view is to die for and we got so many amazing pictures. Jennifer was the person who helped us most, and she is very friendly and keeps up with all the changes I had and I didn't have to tell her anything twice. She was wonderful.

Profile Picture Leanne, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gracious and accommodating. Added some meal upgrades without cost. The planners were constantly surveying the needs of the venue and were extremely responsive. Definitely better than the average wedding with much attention to detail.

Profile Picture User5313892, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at this beautiful venue at the end of July and it has exceeded our expectations. The service is impeccable and they go out of their way to make sure you are happy and have anything you need. The cabins are beautifully done and the golf carts were awesome! The views are breath taking and there is so much to do on the property. If you want a unique and beautiful wedding with amazing service get married here!!!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot say enough good things about The Woods at Bear Creek. It was the perfect place for our wedding and I am thrilled when family members rave about the time they had.

Staff- The staff for our wedding were over the top accommodating. Jennifer and Mike were great from the beginning to end helping to plan each detail. Jennifer put so many final touches on my wedding decorations when I simply had no more time and it turned out exactly as I dreamed it would. Even when the rain knocked down some pictures I had lining the wedding aisle. Jennifer was quick to fix them after only a simple request. The staff cleaning cabins were also friendly and accommodating. They always had a smile on their face and were friendly to guests.

Facilities- We loved that each area of The Woods at Bear Creek was immaculate and gorgeous. Even with heavy rain prior to the wedding the grounds were up kept and beautiful. We loved that we were able to spend the day after the wedding enjoying many of the activities provided and were not interrupted or restricted. If there was something we needed a staff member was never far and always willing to help. We loved being able to photograph our wedding from many different areas on the property. It was great to be able to jump in the golf cart and quickly get to our next destination. The reception hall is gorgeous and the view of the lake spectacular. The pool, lake and zip line were so fun the day after the wedding. Our flower girls could not get enough of swimming in the pool and our family members loved boating and floating with coolers in tow. The zip line although a vigorous hike up into the woods was worth it.

Food- Our guests are still raving about the food and drinks at the wedding. We had around 170 guests and the service and plating of food was remarkable. Breakfast the next day was delicious and our guests enjoyed both eating in the restaurant and on the patio.

Profile Picture Kristen, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Greatest place to get away - even in the rain the accomodations were fantastic - so much fun and the service impecable. I have told everyone about how great this place is. We will be back! The zip line was awesome too!

Profile Picture Gale, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at The Woods At Bear Creek in June 2015. Our wedding was absolutely amazing! It was honestly everything that I could have hoped it too be. This location was perfect country rustic setting but with all the amenities of a high end venue. The views are breathtaking, for a great place to take the wedding photos.

From planing of the wedding to our breakfast the morning after was perfect. The staff is super helpful, and friendly. They go out of their way to ensure you, the wedding party, and all of your guest are taken care of.

I highly recommend this for Wood at Bear Creek for the easiest country setting to have your wedding!

Profile Picture Jenelle, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My nieces wedding was beautiful. Lovely setting and everything was great. We had a a lot of fun ziplining. Food was great.

Profile Picture User5115594, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.1

Everything worked out fine. I thought the cabin rentals were over priced. Particularly with the charge for each additional person. At that price, the front desk could have been friendlier at check in. The heat didn't work in my cabin and I had some phone issues. Some of it could have been "opening weekend".

Profile Picture Mike, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place was excellent in every area! Service and food was outstanding in the restaurant, at our rehearsal dinner and the wedding dinner! Cabins were very clean and house cleaning was always busy making sure towels were plenty and bedding changed. The wedding coordinator was fabulous. There was no needs that we had that were not met to our satisfaction or beyond! There's so much here to do swimming, hiking, zip-lining, paddle boating on the lake and more. Great place for a wedding or family reunion! The cabins are newly remodel, so much nicer than a room in a hotel for sure!

Profile Picture Sharon, 5/23/15, 1 Review