The Woodlands Inn Reviews

30 | Wilkes Barre, PA

30 Reviews for The Woodlands Inn

Jamie · Married on 09/17/2016

Everything was perfect from the moment we started to plan our wedding. We worked with both Rick and Gail and they were so easy to work with an answered all of our questions. Even though our wedding was very small they still took care of us as if we had a huge wedding and gave us the wedding of our dreams. The actual rehearsal and wedding day was handled by Gail and she was the best to work with and made sure we had nothing to worry about. Our rehearsal was at Creszeno's and it was a perfect way to start of the weekend. The staff and food was great. our ceremony was held in grove and it was decorated so beautifully. I can't say enough good things about the woodlands and their staff!

Sent on 05/20/2017

Dana · Married on 07/23/2016

I couldn't have asked for better! Great food, excellent service, and very professional!

Sent on 07/29/2016
  • User5619974 · 2+ years ago

Very beautiful venue. They set up the decorations and provided the meals and it was all excellent. Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Brittany · Married on 07/18/2015

They made my wedding my fairytale. The food was fabulous and everything I wanted they made it happen. We couldn't be more happier.

Sent on 08/06/2015

The first meeting I ever had with rick I felt very comfortable. He was very organized and easy to talk to. He also was very informative about different decorations to foods. He will also customize drinks and different foods that are not on the menu. I did not feel pressured to sign the dotted lines like many other

Sent on 08/17/2015

Christina · Married on 07/17/2015

Rick Kornfeld and the entire staff at The Woodlands made our wedding day complete with their outstanding service throughout every stage and step of our wedding planning process. Mr. Kornfeld had so many inventive and creative ideas in terms of room layout, food and beverages, and also the for the timeline of the night. The Woodlands went above and beyond to make our wedding day (and night) absolutely better than I ever could have dreamed or imagined.

Sent on 08/24/2015

pat · Married on 06/27/2015

Wedding was fabulous...happy with everything

Sent on 08/05/2015

Wedding reception was beyond expectations. The set up was gorgeous, the food was delicious, the bar was stocked wonderfully, and when things needed altering there was always someone around to help. Every request was listened to and completed. Staff and Rick were very friendly and easy to work with. Most importantly, they were very knowledgeable when it came to having a wedding. All of the guests complimented the venue and drink and food. They could not stop raving about how good the food was. The Woodlands exceeded my expectations and put together a lovely wedding experience.

Sent on 08/10/2015

MELANIE · Married on 06/12/2015

THIS WAS MY DAUGHTER'S WEDDING. I ACTUALLY HAD 1 MONTH TO PUT EVERYTHING TOGETHER. FROM THE MOMENT I CALLED THE WOODLANDS, THEY WENT ABOVE & BEYOND TO HELP MEET OUR NEEDS. I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE PLEASED WITH THE WAY IT TURNED OUT. THE SALES GIRLS WERE VERY HELPFUL & ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS. WHEN WE MET WITH RICK, HE MADE US FEEL AT EASE, & ACCOMMODATED OUR NEEDS. WHAT A PLEASURE TO WORK WITH HIM & HIS STAFF. EVERYTHING WAS BEAUTIFUL, & THE FOOD WAS AMAZING. EVERYONE RAVED ABOUT IT. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECCOMEND THE WOODLANDS, & KNOW WE WILL USE THEM AGAIN IN ANY FUTURE EVENTS.

Sent on 08/06/2015

alla · Married on 06/06/2015

We are extremely happy we chose the Woodlands as our venue. Rick, Nicole, and Kelly were always there to answer all of our questions and help with everything we needed. Every request we had was always accommodated with a smile. Our wedding day was well organized and run by Rick. The food was amazing. We have gotten so many compliments on the venue and food. We highly recommend the Woodlands for your special day!!

Sent on 06/13/2015

Sue · Married on 05/09/2015

From the ceremony to the last dance the Woodlands had everything perfect

• User5320762 · 2+ years ago

I would recommend the woodlands to anyone for any event . I shopped all over and met a lot of vendors and the woodlands were professional honest upfront with pricing and no hidden costs. It did not matter what your budget was they accommodate you with the most beautiful wedding you could want . The food was excellent the servers excellent everything is excellent .
    Would definetly recommend RIck and his staff to an any event for me .

Diana · Married on 01/18/2015

Great location and venue!!! Everyone said the food was delicious!!

Sent on 02/13/2015

Valerie · Married on 08/16/2014

The Woodlands is THE place! We are so happy with everything, the team at The Woodlands was wonderful. We received so many compliments from our guests. From the first tour to when we left the morning after, we could not have asked for a better experience. Every detail was looked after, every request was met, and they really brought our dream to life. We cannot wait to visit in the future and reminisce over our wonderful wedding!

Sent on 08/23/2014

Erica · Married on 07/26/2014

What an amazing venue to work with. It was so wonderful to have everything in one place. We had the preparations (nails, makeup, etc.), ceremony, reception, afterparty, and hotel accommodations at The Woodlands. Guests didn't have to worry about driving from one place to another or having to kill time in between eventa since the resort has bars and plenty else to see and do. The Woodlands also offered a generous discount for those that stayed the night. We had quite a few people unable to attend, so The Woodlands was flexible with our package. Instead of losing out on those unable to attend, they offered more benefits (such as a sushi bar, which was a huge hit). So much was already included in our package, which made it very convenient for overall planning. They also provided a great list of other vendors they've worked with often which made our search so much easier. Thank goodness we chose The Woodlands... We highly recommend it for anyone looking for a venue!!

Sent on 08/17/2015
  • F

Frank · Married on 07/05/2014

Rick and his staff went above and beyond to make my daughters wedding perfect. The Woodlands is an amazing venue to have a wedding. The food & service is second to none. I would recommend The Woodlands to anyone looking for a spectacular event.

• Samantha

Samantha · Married on 07/04/2014

The Woodlands gave us a great wedding! The food was fantastic, all our guests talked about it! They make sure it is stress free! Once you pay your bill and drop everything off to them they take care of the rest and you enjoy your day to the fullest!

Sent on 07/22/2014
  • User4219563 · 2+ years ago

Rick and the entire staff at the Woodlands was amazing to work with! He is very accommodating, professional and made sure every detail was perfect! I did not have one worry on the day of my wedding thanks to Rick; he exceeded my expectations by far! I have recommended Rick and the Woodlands to other brides!

Briann · Married on 05/24/2014

The wedding planner (Rick) and staff were great. Our whole wedding planning process with the Woodlands went smoothly. Rick was very helpful in organizing and making sure our needs were met and satisfied to make our day special.

Sent on 08/14/2015

Julie · Married on 09/07/2013

Could not have picked a more perfect location for our wedding. Everything turned out beautifully, the food was amazing, and everyone at the Woodlands was so accommodating. I didn't have to worry about a thing that day, everything was taken care of and I did not have one problem. A month later, and people are still raving about how delicious the food was!!!
    Thank you to everyone who made our day perfect!!!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Andrew · Married on 08/03/2013

The venue was incredible. Start to finish, Rick at the Woodlands did everything to make our wedding day perfect. Every detail was given proper attention and every request was honored. Rick made great suggestions to us in planning the wedding and followed through on everything. On our wedding day, the event ran seamlessly. Rick was involved in the entire day to ensure everything went perfectly. We saw him helping with set up, in the kitchen, just about every aspect to make sure things were done as planned. The food was incredible during cocktail hour and for dinner. Guests raved about the venue, food, and wedding as a whole on the day of, and are still talking about it 3 weeks later. A professional experience start to finish and I highly recommend.

Sent on 08/23/2013

My husband and I just had our wedding at the Woodlands. We had looked around at a lot of venue, but as soon as we went there, we knew it was the right place. They were very accommodating. The owner, Rick, handled our wedding personally. I didn't have a wedding planner, but with the Woodlands, I didn't need one. They very first time we met with Rick, he told us, he there is something you want, even if we don't have it, we can get it.
    The Woodlands was great about responding to emails. They normally got back to us within 24 hours or less. And if we called, they would take our phone call right away.
    The food at the venue is amazing! Everyone had great things to say about the food. They give you a lot of it as well. Everyone was full!
    About 3 days before my wedding, I dropped off anything the venue would need for decoration, etc. and they set it all up for me.
    I highly recommend using the Woodlands for your wedding. They have been doing weddings for a long time and definitely know what they are doing. I didn't feel stressed at all the day my wedding. They had taken care of everything for me.

Sent on 07/22/2013

From start to finish the staff at the Woodlands were great to work with. I had a small wedding (40) but received big customer service. I went to Alexander's Spa for the bride's day of beauty, then we got married in the grove, had cocktails on the deck and moved to a sit down dinner in the Marco Polo lounge. Since I live in Florida, most of my planning was done in little burst of activity over two or three trips to the area. There were no problems/glitches/worries from any of my vendors on my wedding day. Or at least if there were, they never required a moment's attention from me.

Sent on 06/30/2013

Very helpful and made my day very easy. They took care of everything and were very accomodating. Got great compliants on food. It was perfect.

Sent on 09/17/2012