The Wooden Spoon Catering Company Reviews

The Wooden Spoon Catering Company 6
The Wooden Spoon Catering Company 7
  • Nancy

Nancy · Married on 12/21/2018

Wooden Spoon Made My Vision A Reality!

It gives me great pleasure to write this review.
    I can’t imagine my wedding reception without Krisztina and Wooden Spoon Catering!
    I had a winter solstice wedding and Krisztina helped make it magical! Not only were my guests still talking about the food the next day at breakfast, they were obsessed with her ability to make a crowd of 130 people feel like they were at an intimate dinner party.
    We had a buffet with a tenderloin carving station and the meat was the most tender I’ve ever tasted! The lasagna was absolute perfection, everyone was impressed at how moist and delicious it was (we had traditional lasagna and Krisztina came up with a butternut squash and spinach lasagna with a garlic cream sauce).
    The service was also impeccable; no one had their plates taken away too quickly and when the staff noticed older family members, they made sure to bring them a plate from the buffet so they didn’t have to get up. It was a group of mature and thoughtful servers who cared about my guests.
    Krisztina went around to each table to ask how the meal was and made sure everyone was happy.
    From the beginning she was invested in co-creating my vision. Food and music were the priorities and Wooden Spoon nailed it. I almost went with a large well-known catering company, and I am so grateful I did not. Everything about the wedding felt personal and thoughtful including the food and the food service.
    If you are looking for someone to cater your wedding or event, and help you make your vision come true, you must hire Wooden Spoon Catering!

Nancy Higgins

Sent on 12/23/2018
  • Lyra

Lyra · Married on 10/07/2018

Fantastic Food catered by an even more Fantastic Person!

Krisztina and her team was everything I could have wanted and more out of a catering company! They were recommended to be by Detailed Engagements because of their menu selection ranging the entire spectrum of food and their amazing prices. Krisztina provided sample menus, ideas for food, and even guided us in creating an appetizer she told me the day of she planned on adding to her menu (bacon wrapped brussel sprouts)! We received numerous texts and calls from guests after the wedding raving about the food. Considering we were not able to have a tasting because of living out of state, The Wooden Spoon knocked it out of the park!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Nicole · Married on 09/15/2018

We utilized The Wooden Spoon to cater for our wedding and we have nothing but serious praise for Krisztina and her team. Krisztina met with us and our wedding planner from Eventi Planning and was instrumental in the main course selection, appetizers, and overall food selection for the wedding. Krisztina worked with our budget to create tasty lobster rolls, clam chowder shooters, and shrimp cocktails to accompany our by the water/nautical wedding theme. The food was insanely delicious and all of our guests raved at the taste and presentation. Behind the scenes, everything was cooked to perfection, they were on time, and everything was exactly where it needed to be. Krisztina and her team were 100% professional and on point throughout the entire day. I would highly recommend The Wooden Spoon for any catering event.

Sent on 09/22/2018

Kristin · Married on 08/12/2018

My husband and I worked with Krisztina, the owner, for our rehearsal dinner at the Hammond Castle. It was no small task to bring in a true New England lobster bake - lots of stone stairs and an open backyard on the ocean to create a kitchen out of - but this team delivered beyond our imagination! The setup, the service, the absolutely delicious food - it was all incredible! Our guests were blown away by the abundance and quality, and we were so thrilled by the entire experience. We had a few vegetarians and non-shellfish guests, and Krisztina and team found great solutions like putting certain toppings on the side and having hearty alternatives, still keeping within our budget which was important since we were serving lobsta! The best for me was having a make-your-own strawberry shortcake bar! I love this dessert and it reminds me of my late grandma...I had told Krisztina this when we were planning and as the end of the dinner portion of the evening grew close and she saw I was mingling with guests and hadn't yet had any dessert, she personally brought over a generous helping to me. It was that extra thoughtfulness that really took wonderful service and delicious food to the next level. We are SO happy we worked with Wooden Spoon and give them our highest recommendation! Thank you Krisztina and team!!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Tiffanie · Married on 07/20/2018

We found Wooden Spoon through our wedding venue when Krisztina, the owner, was so graciously offering a free tasting at the same location. We were impressed with Krisztina right away. Her passion for catering exuded with each course. She was diligent, creative, and professional Upon consulting with her 1:1, we knew we wanted her to cater our wedding. We were looking for someone who would be open and enthusiastic about our unique wedding menu: taco bar and sliders station. Krisztina was just that! She met with us multiple times leading up to the wedding, offering insight, assistance, and accommodations for so many things. She and her team go above and beyond to make sure your wedding day is perfect, down to the last tiniest detail. Not only is she excellent and creative with her culinary skills, but she is personable and easy going as well. She constantly stayed in communication with me and always had an answer! I can not say enough about how happy my husband and I were with our choice to have Wooden Spoon cater our big day. Thank-you, Krisztina and Wooden Spoon for all you did to make our day so beautiful!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Susan · Married on 06/29/2018

We could not be happier with Krisztina and the Wooden Spoon! We did a ton of research with wedding catering, keeping budget in mind but also getting food that we would feel genuinely excited to eat (not your typical wedding-style baked chicken). When we stumbled upon Krisztina and her gourmet-style BBQ, we knew we hit the jackpot. Even though our wedding was definitely more casual vs. ballroom style, it still felt very thoughtful, well-done, and upscale with Krisztina’s dishes, gold chargers, etc. (which are included!!). One of the things I loved most (after contacting several large catering companies) was that when we contacted Wooden Spoon, it was Krisztina who we were speaking directly with. It made it feel much more personalized and we could tell how passionate she is about cooking and her company- she truly wanted to make her customers happy. She welcomed us to a tasting (which was INCREDIBLE) and really personalized our menu to exactly what we were looking for, and it was a ton of amazing food! I also loved her out-of-the-box ideas and flexibility - on the week of the wedding, we wanted to add another dessert, and she suggested a Smores’ bar by the firepit, and created a beautiful display with all different candies for it. So cool! Our guests are still talking about her amazing apps (buffalo chicken rangoons, roast beef crostini, chocolate bacon on a stick, and coconut shrimp are must haves), let alone her BBQ (sauce on the pulled pork and steak tips are mouthwatering) and sides (mac and cheese and coleslaw perfection). As you can tell, there are not enough amazing things to say about Wooden Spoon, and we would recommend Krisztina and her team in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/09/2018
    The Wooden Spoon Catering Company 8
    The Wooden Spoon Catering Company 9
    The Wooden Spoon Catering Company 10
    The Wooden Spoon Catering Company 11

Kseniya · Married on 06/01/2018

Krisztina was absolutely amazing. She was able to accommodate all kinds of requests and had ideas of her own. She was incredibly nice and understanding throughout the whole process. And the food was truly delicious! I had multiple people come up to me throughout the night saying it was the best wedding meal they had ever had! We truly wouldn’t have been able to pull off our wedding without her.

Sent on 07/02/2018

Michelle · Married on 10/01/2017

The Wooden Spoon Catering Company was our wedding caterer on 10/1/17 and we were over the moon happy with our choice! Working with Krisztina was so easy and FUN! She was always prompt with email replies and our calls were very productive. My husband is a "foodie" and Krisztina made sure to create a menu that "wowed" him. We had a tasting in August and it was great to go over details in person and make some minor adjustments. The attention that Krisztina showed us leading up to our wedding made the whole process great. And our guests are still talking about the meal, the bread that was truly a piece of art AND the chocolate covered bacon we served as part of dessert (yes, you read that correctly..order it and don't ask any questions--just look at the picture). Krisztina and her staff are wonderful to work with and I highly recommend you look no further than The Wooden Spoon Catering Company! You will not regret it!

Sent on 01/30/2018
    The Wooden Spoon Catering Company 12

katie · Married on 08/27/2017

Krisztina at WOODEN SPOON was the best! A true chef. Anything we wanted she could make and it tasted amazing!! EVERYONE still raves about our food from our big day! We even used her for our wedding shower because we loved our food tasting for the wedding so much.

Sent on 11/27/2017

The Wooden Spoon Catering Company's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Katie. You and your family are wonderful people. It was an honor to be a part of your special day!
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/08/2016

Krisztina at the Wooden Spoon has been amazing so far! My fiance and I tasted at 4 different catering companies before choosing the Wooden Spoon and were never fully impressed or satisfied. The Wooden Spoon was the first company we tasted with and loved every single thing she served. She is very flexible and easy to work with. She is helping us with our vision of a formal plated service, even though her specialty is stations or buffet. We really appreciate it and can't wait for our wedding in October!

Sent on 02/18/2016

Maria · Married on 10/03/2015

One of the most important things at your wedding is the food. It was important to my husband and I that the food was good and our guest were happy. The Wooden Spoon Catering company went above and beyond our expectations. Krizitina is an amazing cook. She was well organized and on top of everything. She kept us well in our budget well still offering a lot of options. We chose to go with a bbq. From the appetizer (a stationary veggie platter with guacamole ranch dipand 4 passed apps: bacon Ribbons drizzled in chocolate, buffalo chicken rangoons, stuffed murshrooms, peanut butter coconut chicken skewers. the biggest hit of all!) to the main course (bbq pulled pork, grilled lemon pepper, baked mac and cheese, loaded potato salad and brown sugar coslow, and corn breadbread muffins.) Everything was amazing, well executed, and one of the most elegantly displayed bbqs I have ever seen. My wedding guest still talk about the food 7months later!
    Beyond her amazing cooking she is a wonderful person who's full of knowledge. My husband and I weren't set on a venue when we met with Kristina she actually sugested a great venue that we ended up booking. She also sent us info for a wonderful officiant and many other services we used. She truly cares about the couples she is catering for and making sure the day goes as planed. The Wooden Spoon Catering Company made my day an absolutely wonderful event! I would highly recommend her and her wonderful team!!

Sent on 04/15/2016

Ashley · Married on 07/18/2015

Krisztina and her whole staff were phenomenal! She always made sure to respond to me extremely quick, and the food was to die for! I would (and do) suggest her to everyone I know! The guests at my wedding are still raving about her food and service!

Sent on 03/28/2016

be open to try her cooking as she makes great dishes, especially the ethnic ones.

Sent on 04/15/2016

Julia · Married on 05/16/2015

My husband and I were married on historic farm, which was absolutely amazing, but required us to bring everything from tents to amps to lighting to the venue. I am beyond lucky that I found Krisztina and her amazing team at The Wooden Spoon to take care of all of the food. Krisztina was amazing, incredibly attentive, professional, worked directly with me, my wedding planner and the venue and made sure that I had nothing to worry about.
    On top of how seamless Krisztina and her team made the planning and execution of the wedding, the food was so delicious I sometimes still dream about it. We had beef burgundy in cauldrons, butternut squash and spinach lasagna, chocolate drizzled bacon ribbons and so many appetizers it was unbelievable! Everyone raved, and still raves to this day, about the food The Wooden Spoon made for our wedding! When we woke up the morning after our amazing wedding, both my husband and I had the same question - where's the leftover food?! (Side note - there was none, because it was that delicious that not a crumb was left).
    I also have to tell you that I have a severe gluten intolerance. The Wooden Spoon made my entire menu gluten free and I swear not single person noticed. The food was creative, delicious, abundant, gluten free and safe for me to eat!

Thank you Krisztina and The Wooden Spoon for making our wedding day over the top amazing with your delicious food, incredible service and general awesomeness!

Sent on 03/28/2016

Emily · Married on 08/02/2014

The Wooden Spoon Catering Company was the highlight of our wedding! My vision of our wedding was for our guests to thoroughly enjoy themselves & I could see our guests enthusiastically enjoying all the delicious food The Wooden Spoon Catering Company prepared!. Our guests were stuffed! We got many compliments about the food. The owner of the company understood what the vibe of our wedding was and made appropriate delectable suggestions. My family & friends were more than pleased!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Jonathan · Married on 12/15/2013

My wife and I had our wedding catered by The Wooden Spoon Catering Company and have nothing but positive things to say about this business. We recommend the The Wooden Spoon Catering Company with great enthusiasm!

Sent on 12/31/2017
    The Wooden Spoon Catering Company 17
    The Wooden Spoon Catering Company 18
    The Wooden Spoon Catering Company 19

Alicia · Married on 10/08/2017

Krisztina and her team were incredible! My husband is Vegan, and many family members are Gluten-free, and they were able to make a complete meal, that pleased everyone, within those two major limitations. She provided everything needed for place settings as well as cleaning before and after. I was very impressed with how many different things she could provide to help us make our wedding day a success. I would highly recommend setting up a tasting, and trying it all for yourself!

Sent on 12/01/2017
    The Wooden Spoon Catering Company 20
    The Wooden Spoon Catering Company 21
    The Wooden Spoon Catering Company 22
    The Wooden Spoon Catering Company 23

The Wooden Spoon Catering Company's reply:

Thank you Alicia! I loved the feel of your wedding. It was so relaxed and fun. You and your family were wonderful to work with.

Courtney · Married on 09/23/2017

Kris and her crew were incredible! Flexible with us as we had many of those wedding "unknowns" pop up! The food was excellent. We gave her full reign as long as it was local and fresh and she nailed it. Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/29/2017
    The Wooden Spoon Catering Company 24
    The Wooden Spoon Catering Company 25

The Wooden Spoon Catering Company's reply:

Thank you, Courtney. Your wedding was beautiful! Thanks again for letting us get creative with the menu.