The Wolfeboro Inn Reviews

73 | Wolfeboro, NH

73 Reviews for The Wolfeboro Inn

Gina · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing!!!

The Wolfeboro Inn is the perfect wedding venue. If you are looking for a picturesque setting in a quintessential New England town look no further. The grounds are well kept with beautiful landscaping. The inn is charming and intimate, and the rooms are well appointed. All the staff was warm and welcoming and it truly felt that they wanted to make our day special. We held our ceremony at the lower garden with the shoreline of Lake Winnipesaukee in the background. Our weather was perfect, and our guest commented with how peaceful and serene an outside venue in a busy town was. We held our cocktail hour and reception under a bistro tent on the main lawn and it was exactly how we pictured it would be. We looked at many other venues in the Lakes Region and know we made the best choice. Our overall experience exceeded our expectations and we would absolutely recommend The Wolfeboro Inn for your wedding!

In addition to booking a beautiful venue The Wolfeboro Inn, you will gain a phenomenal wedding coordinator. Guen Kerr is personable, professional, detail oriented, organized, and truly loves what she does. We had the added stress of planning a wedding from California, and Guen made it seamless and easy to do so. She was responsive by emails and set up many detail phone calls and venue visits throughout the whole process. Guen’s help made all the difference in the world with planning everything down to minute details we hadn’t even thought of. On the day of, Guen and her team of coordinators made it easy and carefree for us which helped us have more time to enjoy with our friends and family. We know our dream wedding would not have been possible without Guen, and we thank her from the bottom of our hearts for all she did for us.

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/21/2019

Great venue and amazing wedding planner!

My husband and I just had a wedding at the Wolfeboro Inn! Guen was so helpful, nice, responsive, and great to work with. She made our wedding day go so smoothly.

The venue is affordable and the wedding packages include so much for the price! If you are looking to get married near the lake, this is the venue to go with.

Sent on 06/25/2019

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

I can't say enough good things about our experience with The Wolfeboro Inn! Growing up, I spent my summers in Wolfeboro and I always knew I wanted to get married at the Inn. It's a beautiful, classic, New England venue that offers multiple options for your big day given your personal style.

My husband and I planned our wedding weekend from California and Guen and her team did an amazing job of answering all of our questions and accommodating us given the distance. From our rehearsal lunch on the Winni Belle, ceremony by the gazebo and reception under the tent, to the after party and brunch in the 1812 Room the next day, we could not have asked for anything more!

The food was delicious and I loved that there are various options for dinner during your reception. We chose the "Small Plates" option which offered guests a variety of stations rather than a standard buffet or seated dinner.
    Everything went so smoothly from start to finish and that's exactly what you want on your wedding day. I'm so glad we chose The Wolfeboro Inn and highly recommend Guen and the entire staff!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Allie · Married on 11/25/2017

This venue caters to you. The advice, flexibility and responsiveness have been awesome so far. I am feeling stress-free!

Sent on 03/06/2017

Jenny · Married on 05/06/2017

When we first booked the Wolfeboro inn, we met with Nicole. A few months later Nicole left, and we were put in the hands of Lori. Long story short, Laura, who is now the replacement for both Nicole and Lori, stepped in. Let me tell you, this may have been seen as a red flag to some, but Laura never missed a beat! She responded to emails in a timely manner, she has been doing this for years and it showed! My husband and I fell in love with the Inn because it was small, intimate, and located on the beautiful lake! The rooms were perfect for our guests, the food was great. Unlike some of these wedding venues who have multiple wedding wash day, Laura and her team made us feel like we were the only ones that mattered! If I could do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 05/20/2017

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Jenny & Shawn, you and your family and guests were such a blast to work and celebrate with!! We'll never forget the killer cars and the super cool touches that made your day truly your own! Here's to decades of happiness and love and loving the "Schmidt" out of one another! We'll see you back here for your 1st anniversary! ~Laura Leslie & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Alicia · Married on 01/21/2017

My wife and I could not have chosen a more incredible venue for our wedding. From the moment we walked in the front doors, the staff was kind and courteous and we were taken away by the beautiful rustic elegance of the inn.

We selected our venue and began working with the wonderful event staff there. Lucy and Laura, the two event managers at the inn, are an absolute pleasure to work with. They are enthusiastic, kind, helpful, and incredibly talented at what they do in making events successful.

This past weekend was our wedding and it was amazing. The event went off without a hitch. The food was amazing, the rooms were beautiful and clean, the staff and service was above and beyond what you could get anywhere.

After the wedding, my wife and I stayed for a few days for a mini honeymoon of sorts and I'm so glad we did. It was like being at a home away from home. It was so relaxing and so nice to be surrounded by such wonderful people (the staff) in such a nice and comfortable inn.

And I will say, if you have thought about a winter wedding...do it and have it at the Wolfeboro Inn. Then stay for a few days afterwards to relax and unwind. I HIGHLY recommend it.

I cannot thank or praise the Wolfeboro Inn enough. Shout outs to: Lucy, Laura, Susie, Francine, Rachel, Cindy, Debbie, Gracie, Aaron, Josh, and the list goes on, but those are just some of the wonderful people my wife and I had the pleasure of meeting and working with during prior to our wedding, while we were there, after our stay, or some mixture of the above.

5 Stars to the Wolfeboro Inn! :)

Sent on 01/25/2017

Alicia & Amy,
    It truly was a pleasure working with you both, your family, and your friends!! We wish you two many happy, wonderful, love-filled years, and look forward to welcoming you guys back again to celebrate your anniversaries! --Laura Leslie & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Carla · Married on 08/05/2016

The Wolfeboro Inn is a wonderful setting for any occasion. It was our second marriage for each of us and we seeked elegance but quaint atmosphere. The Inn was perfect. They offered many optional venues in regards to event rooms. We used the 1812 room with the deck. The night was fantastic. It started with the outdoor ceremony at the gazebo over looking the lake then cocktails on the deck and a delicious meal inside. Nicole Gosselin coordinated it all for us. She is knowledgable and professional. Her expertise in this field radiates and makes you feel secure in your decisions you have made. The staff was attentive to all our guest while serving appetizers and meals. The Inn itself was highly rated by all our overnight guest as well. I could not be more please with the way we were handled from beginning to end. The Inn is great and Nicole is over the top as I would recommend The Wolfeboro Inn for any size wedding or special event.

Sent on 08/16/2016

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Carla! I am so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations!! --Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Chelsea · Married on 07/09/2016

The Wolfeboro Inn was the perfect wedding venue on Lake Winnipesaukee! Our Wedding Manager Nicole Gosselin was absolutely FANTASTIC and ensured that our day was perfect. All of our wedding guests raved about the hotel, food, service, and wedding reception - it could not have been better! We would recommend this venue to anyone looking for an incredible wedding day!

Sent on 07/27/2016

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!! --Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Amanda · Married on 06/25/2016

My husband and I spend most of our weekends up at Lake Winnipesaukee and we've always found Wolfeboro to be such a quaint, beautiful town. So when we got engaged and were looking for a venue the Wolfeboro Inn was one of the top choices for us. What really sold us in the end was the wedding coordinator, Nicole. Nicole is such an easy-going, attentive, organized professional and she made the entire wedding process easy from the start. She answered all of my questions within a couple hours of me asking-- and I had A LOT of questions. She even gave advice when needed which was extremely helpful as I was a new bride and really had no idea what I was doing. When our wedding day came and all the plans were finally put into motion, I was blown away by how gorgeous the whole day turned out. There were absolutely no hiccups. And if there were I knew nothing about them. Nicole kept everything on time and running smoothly until the very last minute of the event. My guests had such an amazing time and we couldn't have asked for a better day. The lake holds such an important meaning to us and to be able to celebrate our wedding day at the Wolfeboro Inn was a dream come true. The venue is beautifully maintained and the staff is outstanding.

-Amanda & Kevin

Sent on 07/11/2016

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you so much for all of your kind words! Yourself and your families were wonderful to coordinate with and your decor was stunning!! --Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Angie · Married on 06/24/2016

The Wolfeboro Inn did an amazing job with my wedding. The wedding coordinator was flexible and patient with me, the food was amazing, and the entire event went according to plan.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Thank you so much Angie!! --Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Kathy · Married on 06/18/2016

The Wolfeboro Inn was the quintessential New England lakeside venue. On the evening before the wedding, we hosted a cruise on the Winnipesaukee Belle, the replica of a steamboat owned by the Inn, and our guests enjoyed a splendid cruise. The views, the food, and the service were exemplary. On the day of the wedding, the wedding party and guests were again treated to phenomenal service by the staff at the Wolfeboro Inn. The venue looked amazing and it is obvious from observing the setup that every person on staff took care of the many details to create an elegant and stunning ceremony and reception space. Nicole Gosselin is an exceptional wedding coordinator, she was available to answer every (and many) questions prior to the event and superbly managed the day of activities. The staff in Wolfe's Tavern graciously handled the post wedding gathering for our guests. All in all, it was a wonderful experience!

Sent on 08/09/2016

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review!! --Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Sarah · Married on 06/18/2016

Our wedding at The Wolfeboro Inn was, in every way possible, absolutely perfect. I wasn’t totally into wedding planning, but Nicole and her team made everything easier for us. They pulled everything together on the day of the wedding – the tent, the tables, chairs and linens were gorgeous, and they took care of setting everything up on the day of the wedding. It was breathtaking!
    Nicole was always easy to get in touch with and very responsive; she’s a pleasure to work with and will guide you through every step of the process with patience and a smile! Jumping into wedding details can be overwhelming, but Nicole was very knowledgeable in the industry and she was a great resource when we had questions! We really appreciated that a lot of things were included in the base wedding packages for the reception and the food was delicious, everyone raved about it at the wedding!
    We had our ceremony down by the water, which was gorgeous, I can’t believe how great the photos look with the lake in the background. Everyone had a great time – we took the Belle out for a sunset cruise the Friday before the wedding, and our guests loved hanging out at the Inn on the wedding day and exploring the town! We held the after party in the Wolfe’s Tavern, which was convenient since plenty of guests were staying at the Inn! We got married in June, and 2 ½ months later, people are still telling us what an amazing time they had and that it was the best wedding they’ve been too besides their own! Get married here, you won’t regret it!!

Sent on 09/10/2016

The location was delightful and the services provided were impeccable. Our coordinator, Nicole, was always available by phone or in person to answer all our questions. She was never surprised by any of our questions and if she didn't have an answer immediately, she got right back to us. She was very professional, kind and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 06/28/2016

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you for your review and kind words! --Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Melissa · Married on 05/21/2016

My husband and I recently held our wedding and reception at the Wolfeboro Inn, and are completely satisfied with the excellent service, professionalism and patience that Nicole provided throughout our entire wedding journey.

As many already know, the wedding planning process can be quite stressful and difficult to manage on your own. It is especially critical that you have support and guidance throughout each phase leading up to the big day. From day one, Nicole was extremely helpful, supportive and friendly. Whenever I had any questions, I received a response promptly and with the right amount of information to help me make a decision. Her attention to detail and organization was exceptional, and because of her enthusiasm and love for weddings, I always felt as if we were her only customers…she truly helped made our wedding so unique and special.

On our wedding day, the ambiance was perfect - everything was exactly how I had envisioned... but better! Because of the hardworking staff at the Inn, our guests raved about their overall experience. The food was cooked perfectly and the servers and bartenders were friendly, attentive and funny! Furthermore, there was plenty of space for our family and friends to relax and enjoy the party whether it was by the fire pits, in the Tavern or down on the beach looking out onto beautiful Lake Winnepesaukee.

Thank you to Nicole and everyone at the Wolfeboro Inn for making our wedding so special and memorable. We couldn't imagine having had our special day anywhere else in the world.

Sent on 07/07/2016

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you, Melissa! This brought tears to my eyes! You and Brett were so much fun to assist and always made everything so lighthearted. I am so happy that your wedding turned out exactly as you wanted it. Looking forward to seeing you around Wolfeboro as we have already crossed paths since! --Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Brittany · Married on 05/13/2016

Nichole and staff at the Wolfeboro Inn were beyond amazing! She went above and beyond to make my special day operate smoothly. Not only was the staff great but the food was amazing! I highly recommend having your special day at the Wolfeboro Inn!

Sent on 05/18/2016

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Brittany! You were extremely relaxed and very fun to work with! All of our staff couldn't stop talking about how gorgeous your reception looked and how all of your details came together perfectly. Looking forward to seeing you again!!
    --Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Evan · Married on 12/05/2015

What a beautiful place for a wedding. We got married last weekend, and we couldn't have asked for a better weekend. The Christmas decorations go up right after Thanksgiving, so we didn't need to provide a lot of extra. The ceremony was in the lobby, in front of the big stone fireplace.
    Nicole was great throughout the entire process, always answering any questions we had, and making sure we had everything covered.
    The food was great, and the staff handled the majority of setup and take down. They are flexible with the furniture options, so you can customize things as you like.
    Our reception ended at 9, so the Tavern made for a great place for an after party. They had a live band, so the party kept rocking right up until closing time.
    The entire weekend was just about perfect.

Sent on 12/08/2015

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you, Evan! I enjoyed meeting with you and Becky at the Inn as well as outside of the Inn to work on your wedding details! Everyone is still talking about how gorgeous your ceremony looked with the tons of poinsettias lining up to the fireplace! Looking forward to seeing you again! - Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Jeanne · Married on 10/10/2015

I LOVE THE WOLFEBORO INN! We looked at 5 venues, the second one was Wolfeboro Inn and I would have booked it then on the spot but wanted to at least pretend to shop around. What drew me to the Inn was the vintage, rustic feel of it all. The lower lawn is breathtaking and I'd suggest a ceremony here rather than the gazebo purely for a better view of the lake. The food was INCREDIBLE and we all know how bland/poorly cooked wedding food can be. Wolfe's tavern was the perfect place for an after party, too! The ONLY, and I mean only thing I would change is that the ceilings in the ballroom are low, so be careful with that. We hung string lights on the ceiling and my husband's friends are all over 6 feet so they were dancing with their hands up in between the lights. That and I broke them during my bouquet toss (oops). The carpet is a harsh red color but my florist blended in some reds/maroons with my flowers to help with that and to be honest I did not even notice it come the day of the wedding. Enough about the venue, let's talk about Nicole Gosselin aka the most incredible wedding coordinator you'll ever find. She is super friendly, professional, responds to emails in a very timely fashion and overall a super fun person to work with. She made us feel like we were the only wedding last year!! I can't wait to visit the Inn next year for our anniversary! Thanks again to Nicole and everyone at the Wolfeboro Inn for making our wedding unforgettable!!

Sent on 11/08/2015

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you, Jeanne! Helping you with your wedding was so much fun, constantly joking back and forth. I absolutely LOVED the lights that you had strung in the Ballroom and it really added to your New Orleans themed wedding. Loved it!! Looking forward to seeing you again! - Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Melissa · Married on 09/04/2015

I'm not sure how to begin this review since we were soooo in love with every detail of our wedding day. BUT I guess I'll begin with our venue search about a year before our wedding. My husband and I only looked at 2 venues (Wolfeboro Inn and 1 other on the other side of the lake). The other wedding venue felt like a total wedding factory. There were 3 weddings there that day and the coordinator was so stressed trying to meet with us in between working the weddings that she was visibly sweating, hahah. Our experience when we first visited Wolfeboro was the total opposite; It was quiet, lovely, and Nicole gave us her full attention. We loved the inn so much that we decided to end our search and book with Nicole a few days later. Throughout the year leading up to our wedding, Nicole was always super responsive (and I feel like I really harassed her with 9 billion emails and questions every other day haha!!). Fast forward to the day the day of the wedding... Our ceremony was on the lower lawn, and because the backdrop was so gorgeous, we had no decorations at all :). After the ceremony, we had our cocktail hour on the Winni Belle which was the BEST part of the wedding, hands down. Our reception was under the tent, which was gorgeous, especially when the firepits outside of it were lit. Our food was delicious and so many guests commented on how much they loved the salmon and the polenta! I feel pretty awesome when people tell me our wedding was legitimately the best wedding they've ever been to, and I have to thank Wolfeboro Inn and Nicole for that!!! I wish I could do the whole thing all over again ;).

Sent on 09/19/2015

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you, Melissa! It was so much fun assisting you with all of your questions both big and small. The cruise on the Winnipesaukee Belle was a big highlight for a lot of your guests and something that they were talking about non-stop. Looking forward to seeing you again! - Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Nicole at the Wolfeboro Inn was AMAZING from start to finish! She was very prompt in her email responses to me with all my questions. She made our wedding day perfect beyond words!!! We had to change things up a bit due to the rainy weather and everything was still amazing! She was a pleasure to work with! The food was delicious as well!!

Sent on 08/27/2015

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you, Kealia! It was so much fun assisting you with all of your little details and even when there needed to be a few minor changes, you rolled with them! Looking forward to seeing you again! - Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Melissa · Married on 08/15/2015

Our wedding was beautiful and everything was set up perfect! Thank you to all the contributed at the Wolfeboro Inn.

Sent on 09/10/2015

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you, Melissa! Everyone was dancing like crazy and really enjoying themselves! Looking forward to seeing you around Wolfeboro! - Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Amy · Married on 08/01/2015

Nicole was amazing during the entire planning process!!

Sent on 08/13/2015

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you, Amy! I look forward to seeing you again soon! - Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Lynda · Married on 07/04/2015

If you are looking for the perfect venue for a smallish wedding (approximately 64 people) the Winnipesaukee Belle is ideal in every possible way.
    Our planning experience began with our first meeting with the Wolfeboro Inn wedding planner Nicole Gossenlin. After our first meeting, I was very relaxed, as I knew Nicole had everything well in hand. She had asked us many, many questions, listened very carefully, and then worked very closely with us on every aspect of the wedding. Moving forward to the special day, Nicole was pleasingly responsive to all our emails and calls, would give us advice when needed, and worked closely with our DJ and our baker to make certain that they had everything they needed in place the day of the wedding. Nicole always made us feel like our wedding was the only wedding she was working on and that we were of the highest of priorities to her.
    We met with the boat staff on the day of the wedding, we first met with the head of the wait staff who explained when and how servings would commence after the ceremony. All was perfectly planned out ahead of time by the staff. We then met with the Captain of the Belle, to discuss where we wanted the cruise to go. As he knew the lake so well, we asked him to take the cruise to the most beautiful vistas on the lake. I could not have been more pleased and was constantly astounded by the scenery that was always in view, allowing for some of the most breathtaking pictures. After the ceremony, the wait staff served appetizers to our guests who surrounded every aspect of the boat. Music from the DJ could be heard, at a pleasing level, on all corners of the boat.
    With Nicole’s and the staffs exceptional help and knowledge, the final results were that our wedding far exceeded our dreams and wants. To Nicole, the wait staff, the captain and the DJ, Thank you all, so very much, for making our day spectacular in every respect. We are still receiving wonderful compliments on an amazing wedding.

Sent on 08/11/2015

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you, Lynda! Wow, what a beautiful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write all of this. It is very much appreciated. I know I will see you and Patrick around Wolfeboro soon! - Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

My husband and I were married this past July 4th, and the Wolfeboro Inn was the perfect location. Nicole was wonderful to work with, and I knew after meeting her at the initial consultation that we would have nothing to worry about during our months of planning. For our rehearsal dinner we took 60 guests out on the Winnipesaukee Belle, which guests really enjoyed. The food was great on the boat as well, as we toured the lake. The day of the wedding staff was very attentive to guests and the entire reception was very relaxed. Guests enjoyed amazing food, walking down by the lake, and dancing all night. We even had a perfect view to watch the beautiful firework display. Our family and friends continue to to tell us how our wedding was the best they have every been too, and how much they enjoyed staying in Wolfeboro the entire weekend.

Sent on 10/11/2015

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you, Chelsea! The fireworks display on your wedding night was definitely a perk and its a reason that I love fourth of July weddings! Looking forward to seeing you again! - Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Amanda · Married on 06/27/2015

The Wolfeboro Inn did an awesome job. The wedding was on the Winnipesaukee Belle. The captain was awesome, as well as his daughter and wife which were servers. The bartender Torren was so friendly. They even had to turn around for that one couple who was late, re-dock and then take off again, not once showing any aggravation. The Inn was very accommodating and patient in planning this wedding that was put together in under 2 months. Nicole was extremely helpful in all of this.

Sent on 06/30/2015

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you so much, Amanda! I shared this with our Belle crew and they absolutely loved having you! We hope to see you in the future! - Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff

Janet · Married on 06/27/2015

Nicole was a great asset to us.
    The wedding was beautiful

Sent on 07/07/2015

The Wolfeboro Inn's reply:

Thank you, Janet! I loved working with you on your son and daughter in-law's wedding. You did a fantastic job! I look forward to seeing you again soon! - Nicole Gosselin & The Wolfeboro Inn Staff