The Winsome Grace Reviews

25 | Sumner, WA

25 Reviews for The Winsome Grace

25 The Winsome Grace Reviews

Nichole · Married on 07/01/2018

Love this venue and the owners are wonderful!!! Perfect venue for the wedding of my dreams.

Caitlin · Married on 06/02/2018

We loved our experience with the Winsome Grace. Jeannie and Duane were both incredibly helpful through the whole process and our day could not have been more perfect. Beautiful, classic venue with great service and amenities!

Hannah · Married on 04/28/2018

This venue is beautiful for any small wedding! Between the all inclusive accommodations and the gorgeous little corners amazing for intimate photos, I truly felt like a Disney Princess. Although this venue seems small, it perfectly fit the wedding party and our 100 guests without feeling the least bit cramped. I cannot put into words how kind and helpful Jeanie and her husband were before, during and after the wedding - they truly put their heart into every bride and groom feeling perfect on their special day. I fully recommend this venue for anyone looking for a classy, elegant, intimate, ballroom/princess style wedding! It is also totally versatile to any theme you may want!!

Sent on 06/08/2018

The Winsome Grace's reply:

Hannah, it was such an honor and privilege to be there for you on your special day!! I'm so happy to hear from you!!!

Connie · Married on 03/24/2018

We renewed our wedding vows, beautiful place,we used Act3 caterers, everyone loved the food, service was excellent.You have to see this place in person .Owners are wonderful people.

Gabrielle · Married on 12/31/2017

We loved winsome grace. The venue is quirky and beautiful at the same time. Jeannie was an amazing coordinator. She really helped make everything run as smoothly as possible. We would highly recommend this venue!

Jessica · Married on 08/19/2017

We had our wedding at Winsome Grace the summer of 2017. The owners of the venue, Jeannie and Duane were incredible. For an added fee we hired Jeannie to be the day-of coordinator, and she knocked it out of the park! I could just drift through my wedding day with no cares in the world. The venue is beautiful, clean, well stocked, and extremely interesting. It is indoors with air conditioning, but had outdoor spaces and large windows with lots of natural light. There were a lot of stunning photo opportunities inside of the building. At the time of our rental a lot of "bonus items" were also included in the package, which other venues charge separately for (such as dishes/silverware, linens, tables/chairs, DJ booth and lighting, etc.) I am so happy that I chose this as our venue. It was one of the few venues in the area that fit our budget, still looked clean and fantastic, and the owners are amazing to work with.

Tracey · Married on 05/06/2017

My daughter and her husband (Reilly and Josh) were married at Winsome Grace. They loved Winsome Grace. Jeannie and Duane were very easy to work with. They both offered good ideas and help in the planning and preparation for the wedding. In the world of wedding, Winsome Grace offers a serious bang for the buck. Included in the price come chairs, tables, linens, dishes, an excellent sound system, photo booth option, kitchen facility, bar facility, dance area, bridal suite with morning breakfast, and video tape coverage of the ceremony. The venue is unique and beautiful. Our guests had the best time and enjoyed exploring all the nooks and crannies. The bride and groom say the day was perfect.

Rachel · Married on 03/18/2017

We could not reccommend the Winsome Grace more. The price is simply unbeatable, Jeannie and Dwayne are amazing and flexible to work with, and it is absolutely beautiful.
    This history alone makes this building a fantastic find. It was so fun showing everyone the secret rooms and passageways. Breakfast the next morning was delicious too.
    Do yourself a favor and hire them today :D They really make you feel cared about and want to make sure your big day goes perfectly. They have done their research of the area and put a lot of love into their building, opporation, and couples that come through their venue.

Much love and congratulations!
    -Rachel and Daniel White (March 18, 2017)

Sent on 07/22/2017

The Winsome Grace's reply:

Thank you Rachel, we were truly honored to be a part of your special day!! I can't wait to see those incredible pictures Jason and Hannah took!!!

Wendy · Married on 01/01/2017

Our wedding was amazing! We had a Great Gatsby themed wedding and The Winsome Grace was the perfect venue. Jeannie and her husband were very easy to work with. If you have not had the opportunity to visit this venue, it is a must see. The package they offer can't be beat.

Jessica · Married on 08/27/2016

Winsome Grace was an amazing place to get married!!! Jeannie and Duane were awesome and went above and beyond to make our day special! They were both very helpful and accommodating during our entire wedding planning process :) Their venue has everything that you could image....even down to a pool table in the groomsmen room (we got some really fun pictures). It is a very unique venue with amazing craftsmanship. Our guests had a blast.....they did not want to leave at the end of the night which is always a great sign of a good celebration :)

Rachelle · Married on 08/13/2016

Jeannie and Duanne's venue was the perfect spot for our wedding! Jeannie was very attentive from the first time we toured the venue until the we departed the morning after our wedding. They were both easily to contact and answered all of our questions prior to our event. Jeannie was so helpful the day of our wedding with setting up and decorating for our ceremony and reception. Chris and I literally didn't have to worry about a thing. Duanne also recorded our wedding and we got a copy to take home which was a wonderful surprise! That will be something we'll treasure for a lifetime. Staying at the Winsome Grace was a wonderful treat and really relaxing after everything. Breakfast was also amazing! Thank you Jeannie and Duanne for all that you both did for our special day!

Pelenita · Married on 06/18/2015

They treat you like family/I appreciate the owners of this business and feel like they have created one of the most memorable moments of my life that I will remember forever and am forever grateful for. I thank God for them as well as all who made our special day smooth and beautiful. They're ultimate goal is that you're happy, If you're happy, they're happy. God first.

Stephanie · Married on 04/04/2015

From the first step through the door my fiance and I were head over heals about Winsome Grace. Jeannie and Duane were welcoming and gracious on the tour and you can tell that this is something they truly love doing. After choosing Winsome Grace Jeannie was quick to respond and flexible with meetings and answering any questions I had. There is so much that they offer and accommodate! I didn't have to rent any linens, table, chairs or dishes. We even got to stay in the room upstairs that night! More then anything we were honored to be the first wedding they live streamed on their website which turned out to be an amazing blessing as my grandmother ended up not being able to make it. I can not say enough amazing things about this venue!

• lassygenevra

Jennifer · Married on 11/07/2014

My husband and I live in Sumner now, but during most of our courtship and engagement we would take walks around Sumner. We would always end up in front of this gorgeous old Victorian Manor and think it's a shame that it isn't a wedding venue. I was tickled pink when I found out that it was indeed going to become one.

Initially it was out of our budget, but our hearts were drawn to this beautiful building. And after going to go see it, I was positive that I wanted to get married there. We sat down and decided that it was well worth re arranging the wedding budget for this!

And it was! Jeanie and Duane went well above and beyond everything I could have hoped for! I went with my mom and sister's to measure, count and arrange the wedding in our minds so many times. Every question answered clearly and promptly.

My wedding day was the most lovely of days, we did all the pictures first and had time to sit and have quiet time before the ceremony. My husband to be and I spent many long minutes relaxing together in the bell tower awaiting to become husband and wife.

Jeanie helped to plan the day of the event and arrange everything. And had a camera ready to capture that moments that the photographer missed.

Thank you so much Jeanie and Duane. Our wedding day was perfect!

Mrs. Lama

Sent on 12/09/2014

The Winsome Grace's reply:

Oh Jennifer, what a tremendous pleasure it was to be a part of your wedding day!! Thank YOU for allowing us that privilege! We hope you will stay in touch and keep us up to date on your lives together!!

Ashley · Married on 06/08/2014

My husband and I live in Puyallup, but we were married in Austin, Texas (which is where I am from). His family wanted to give us a reception once we got back to Washington and they chose The Winsome Grace as the venue for it. It was absolutely beautiful. Duane and Jeannie are such sweet people and made our WA reception so beautiful and special. They treated the event as though it was the wedding day itself. They took care of every little detail and were there the day of the reception to make sure everything ran smoothly. The building itself has a fascinating history and is full of intricate detailing and secret rooms. Our reception was perfect and our guests couldn't say enough good things about The Winsome Grace. We highly recommend it! :)

Sent on 07/22/2014

The Winsome Grace's reply:

We are so happy we were able to share in your Washington reception!! It was such a pleasure meeting your family! Thank you for the kind words!

Ashley · Married on 05/03/2014

Very personal and accommodating venue. Highly recommended. I hardly had to buy any decorations because of all the natural beauty the venue offers.

Sent on 07/29/2014

The Winsome Grace's reply:

We are so pleased you choose The Winsome Grace to host your wedding and equally pleased that you, your family and guests had such a good time! Thank you for the kind words!!!

April · Married on 07/20/2013

The owners, Duane and Jeannie, go out of their way to facilitate each event. Jeannie is positive and energetic. My mother's 92nd birthday celebration, and family reunion went off without a hitch! It was also a joy staying with them in their B&B! I can't recommend Winsome Grace highly enough. The facility is fabulous, but the owners provide the "icing on the cake".

Cynthia · event on: 07/11/2014

Lovely venue; they go above and beyond.

Maria · Married on 10/03/2015

A beautiful venue to have a gorgeous and memorable wedding ceremony and reception. They made my dream wedding come true. Family and friends loved the venue. Easy to work with and flexible. Super helpful!

Crystal · Married on 08/08/2015

Jeannie and Duane were amazing! I felt that I was able to relax on my wedding day and enjoy getting ready and setting up! My favorite thing is that when you book your wedding, you also get to spend the night in the suite they have upstairs, you get to use the hot tub and sauna AND they provide breakfast in the morning. You will also get a video of your entire wedding on a flash drive that you can watch over and over to relive your special day! Also, Jeannie is constantly working on how to make their venue better! Another thing I loved is that they are willing to work with you on payments. We planned our wedding 67 days (due to cancer striking our family we pushed our date up 2 years!) and she was willing to take payments up until the Friday of our rehearsal! They are amazing and they definitely don't disappoint!!!

Debbie · Married on 07/08/2017

Duane and Jeannie went above ànd beyond our expectations to ensure that us daughter and her new husband had the best reception ever! Duane and Jeannie are a very caring and loving couple and will do whatever's necessary, within reason, to accommodate all of your desires. The venue is BEAUTIFUL though, in our opinion, best suited for events with less than 100 guests. We HIGHLY recommend this venue you will be well pleased!

Melinda · Married on 03/07/2014

This place located in
    down town Sumner is the best kept little secret. The owners are the best at providing flexible timelines, and answering all the questions a Bride has. Jeannie is awesome at coming up with ideas and working with in your budget. the attention to detail, and their family friendly attitude are hands down priceless.
    I would recommend any one to explore all the hidden rooms through out this historical venue.

Mary Francis · Married on 02/03/2018

3.5

We loved The Winsome Grace! At the time of choosing a venue, I was in contact with Jeannie and she was very informative over the phone. As owners of the venue, Jeannie and Duane were so pleasant and welcoming, I could tell that this venue was something that they put their heart into and take very well care of those who are in their hands.

Since our wedding was a destination wedding we had to schedule our visits and since we had 4 venues to look at on that day and we saved Winsome Grace for last. It was beautiful! My initial reaction was just awe and excitement. With it being an-all inclusive accommodations and the unique spaces in the building, it would be memorable for photos as well as the over all experience being in the building. The venue was clean, it had history, as well as beautiful. It had indoors with air conditioning and had outdoor spaces with large windows that would let in lots of natural light, which I loved!

Other places would nickle and dime you for everything that you will be using for the wedding, but at Winsome Grace, a lot of additional items were already included in the package, which other venues charge per item separately such as silverware, glasses, napkins, table runners, linens, tables/chairs, DJ booth and lighting, etc. Also you get plenty of time to prepare the venue a certain time in advance. But since this place has such a fascinating history, so much intricate detailing in every room and secret rooms, you wouldn't have to spend just as much to decorate. You also are able to live stream your wedding for those who are not able to attend, which was a plus, since some relatives were not able to attend and they were very grateful for the stream.

All in all, we are so happy that we were able to have our wedding here! Highly recommended with this venue!

The Winsome Grace 1
    The Winsome Grace 2
    The Winsome Grace 3
  • Z

Zach · Married on 06/24/2018

2.0
      1.5

Very rude to the guest had no respect for the food or guest