The Wilshire Reviews

The Wilshire 6
The Wilshire 7

Nicola Hampson · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Excellent service

My organization, Missionaries On The Move, had an event at the Wilshire on May 11th and the service was impeccable! Joe’l and Kriby made the event even more special with their hard work and kind ways. They were there every step of the way to ensure the event was a success and took place without any hiccups.
    This is our 3rd annual fundraiser gala at the Wilshire and every year it’s always been a great experience.

Thank you for employing such great people and I look forward to working with Joe’l and Kirby in the future.

Great place to have your special event!

Sent on 05/20/2019

The Wilshire's reply:

Thank you so much for your GREAT review Nicola!!! Joe'l and Kirby are FANTASTIC and make the best Duo around! We're so happy to hear about your amazing experience with us and we promise to continue to impress!
  • Tami

Tami · Married on 09/08/2019

The service was absolutely amazing!!!!!

The Wilshire helped make my dream wedding a reality. Joe’l, Junior & Angela are 1st class. We are still in awe a month later. Thank you Wilshire for your exceptional service!♥️♥️♥️

Sent on 10/04/2019
    The Wilshire 20
    The Wilshire 21

Nicole F. · Married on 06/22/2019

Magical Night

Can not thank Joel, Junior, and Samantha enough! Joel was our girl from day one she answered a billion questions in a timely manor and was there every step of the way. The day and night was perfect. Our guests were all blown away from the amount of delicious food to the great hospitality from everyone.

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Richard

Richard Rogers · Married on 06/01/2019

Great experience!

We had our wedding here and could not have been more happy. Joe'l did an amazing job working with us the entire time. They made sure we had everything we needed. They were able to accommodate all of our requests. Our guests could not believe how much amazing food and drinks we had. The service was amazing. Junior did a great job making sure everything went smooth throughout the entire event. It was the best day of our lives!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Marcus

Marcus · Married on 05/24/2019

Dream Come True

Working with Jon and The Wilshire Caterers was a dream come true for my wife and I. They went above and beyond to make sure that things went better than planned. The ambiance was amzaing, the food and drinks was wonderful and the staff was available all night to take care of the bride and groom with whatever we needed. Definitely comes highly recommended.

Sent on 05/28/2019

The Wilshire's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing experience with us and Jon is the best there is! We are so happy to hear we made your most special day incredible and we wish you and your beautiful bride the BEST life has to offer together!!!

Jenna · Married on 04/26/2019

Best wedding ever!

I have completely run out of adjectives to describe our wedding day on 4/26... it was incredible! We met with the Wilshire 2 years ago as our first venue appointment, fell in love and booked the next day! Joe'l was an angel throughout the entire process (not to mention rapid email responder, therapist to calm my nerves, hair stylist, etc. etc). We are still getting calls from our guests to comment on the food, decor, experience, service - you name it. My bridal attendant, Sam, was the sweetest and most thoughtful person who genuinely cared about her job and made sure I was comfortable the whole day. The entire team was so happy and positive, our day was just magical! My husband, our entire family and myself are so grateful to the Wilshire for providing us the wedding of our dreams!!!!

Sent on 05/22/2019

The Wilshire's reply:

THANK YOU so much for your INCREDIBLE review Jenna!!!! It was our absolute pleasure serving you and Joe'l and Sam had a blast working with you throughout the entire process! They are both the greatest and we're so happy to hear you enjoyed working with them! We wish you both a beautiful life together filled with only the BEST and please visit us any time for drinks and dinner on us at our restaurant!
  • Shantaya

Shantaya · Married on 03/10/2019

Best choice ever

I don’t know what else to say but this was the best choice we made. When deciding our venue we were stuck between 3 options. One of which was the palace in Somerset. I am so grateful we went with this option. The staff knew what I needed before I knew what I needed! The whole team was extraordinary. Joe’l worked with us for the price to make sure we could have our dream come true and that’s exactly what it was. The guest from the wedding are still talking about how good the food was. I was so grateful when they sent us home with some. I can’t reccommend this place enough.

Sent on 03/24/2019
    The Wilshire 22
    The Wilshire 23
    The Wilshire 24
    The Wilshire 25
    The Wilshire 26

The Wilshire's reply:

Thank you so much for your AMAZING feedback and we're happy you chose us too!!! It is our sincere pleasure to serve and we are so grateful to you and your husband for the opportunity to do so on your most special day! LOVE the photos and thank you for posting! Please visit us any time for dinner and drinks on us at our restaurant!

Emily · Married on 12/31/2018

Let’s do it again!

I could not be happier and more appreciative of the staff at the Wilshire. We had our rehearsal dinner in the Loft, and our wedding in the larger banquet hall. Everyone was so kind, accommodating, and genuinely happy for my husband and me. Special shout out to Joe’l not just for running a tight ship and making sure pictures, cocktail hour, etc., did not run over, but for also being a wing woman and making sure I ate dinner. Also, a special shout out to Angela our bridal attendant who helped me in an out of my dress, made sure everything was bustled properly, and took everything from the bridal suite up to our room. I can’t say enough positive things about the Wilshire- the food, the drinks, the ambience, and the people made for an amazing wedding 😊

Sent on 03/28/2019
    The Wilshire 27
    The Wilshire 28
    The Wilshire 29
    The Wilshire 30

Lauren · Married on 12/30/2018

A Beautiful Wedding Day

My daughter had her wedding at The Wilshire Grand on December 30, 2018. It was an absolutely beautiful day. The facility was beautiful, the food was outstanding and the drinks were terrific. All of the guests truly enjoyed the reception and still talk about what a terrific time they had.
    Joe'l, the wedding consultant, was extremely helpful right from the beginning. She was always positive, helping guide us and readily answering any concerns or questions right up to the wedding. Joe'l made sure that everything ran smoothly the day of the wedding too.
    Amanda, who was the bridal attendant couldn't have done a more outstanding job. She took care of every little detail from the day prior to the wedding up until the time we left the day after. Every need was met. We didn't have a thing too worry about.
    My husband and I were truly able to enjoy our daughter's wedding!! I truly couldn't have asked for more.

Sent on 03/15/2019

marie · Married on 12/09/2018

December 9th 2018

Where do I begin!! WE LOVE THE WHILSHIRE!! The staff and the space are just amazing. My husband and I worked with Joel who is extremely knowledgeable, attentive and amazing to work with. From beginning to the very end she was at our side. Her and the staff at the Whilshire helped bring our wedding vision to life it was personal, heartfelt, top notch and Epic in all areas. The food was delicious, the service was excellent our guest are still talking about it!! We were able to have our dream wedding at an affordable price that offered everything we wanted. Our ceremony was held in the Tuscan room and had the cocktail and receptionat was held in the loft. I highly reccomend the Whilshire for all events and cannot wait for an opportunity to work with them again. Professional, high quality and memorable. Words cannot express how grateful we are to have wed at the whilshire!! Thank you to Joel and the Whilshire crew you guys rock!!

Sent on 03/12/2019

Hi Marie,

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback, Joe'l and the entire Team had an absolute blast working with you as well! The pleasure was all ours and we love you guys!!! We wish you a beautiful life together and much happiness and love!!!

• Mitch

Mitch G. · Married on 11/10/2018

We loved the Wilshire

We just got married at the Wilshire in November and could not possibly recommend them enough.

Everyone we met was so helpful. We used the in-house florist and photographer and did everything through them. John (the catering director and our point person for the whole weekend) was unbelievable through the whole process, with his attention to detail and the amount of time he spent working with us. We had endless questions for him and he was so responsive every time.

Then on the big weekend the whole staff was amazing, Angela the bridal attendant in particular who did everything (including literally sewing my tux shirt and my wife’s bustle back together after a hectic stretch on the dance floor). The food was also great—everything from cocktail hour through dessert.

The venue itself was beautiful, and we loved how convenient it was to have the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, afterparty and hotel rooms for our guests all in one spot without even having to go outside.

We just can’t speak highly enough about everyone involved in making our wedding at the Wilshire so special.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Dear Mitch,

Thank you so much for your incredible feedback and we were overjoyed to hear about the amazing experience you had with us on your wedding day!

John had a blast working with you and loved reading your kind words about him and the job he does! Likewise with Angela, THANK YOU!!!! Junior, Joe'l and Kirby truly enjoyed Maitre D'ing your wedding day and were so happy to hear you both had a BLAST!!!!

We wish you both an AMAZING life together filled with only the BEST and thank you again for allowing us to host and serve you, your friends and family on your most special day!

• Erika

Erika · Married on 11/04/2018

Wedding 11/04/18

Best day of my life! Thank you Joe’l and team for making my wedding day so memorable. I had so many questions and requests but everything was handled just how I wanted with professionalism and promptly. I highly recommend Wilshire, beautiful venue, great food and I didn’t have to worry about anything the day of they took care of all the details. My bridal attendant Sam was so sweet and I really appreciated they had someone like her to help me throughout the day. My guests raved and said it was best wedding they ever been to! What a memorable day!

Sent on 03/28/2019

Melissa · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful Experience

Wilshire Caterers was great. The staff was very helpful and made my wedding day stress free. They went above and beyond to make sure my husband, myself and our guests were happy. I couldn’t have asked for more!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Hi Melissa,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and it was our sincere pleasure serving you on your most special day. We are so grateful for the opportunity to host you and your loved ones!

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Tara · Married on 09/22/2018

Had my wedding here last weekend and cannot say enough positive things. The venue is beautiful and the staff is amazing. My guests keep raving about the food and the beauty of the place. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/19/2018

The Wilshire's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Tara, we sincerely appreciate the time you took to share them on WeddingWire. It was our pleasure serving you on your most special day and we wish you an incredible life together!!!

rickelmy · Married on 07/27/2018

The wilshire exceeded my expectations! Joe'l was amazing from the very beginning, she made sure all my questions were answered and made the entire process so much easier! The day of the wedding the staff was phenomenal and ensure every thing ran smoothly. Our guests loved the food and had amazing feedback with regards to the venue! We Had an amazing time at our wedding and couldnt be more happier with the results!

Sent on 09/06/2018

The Wilshire's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Rickelmy! Joe'l had such a fun time working with you and is overjoyed to hear what an amazing time you had with us! Thank you for sharing your experience and we wish you both an incredible life together filled with only the BEST!!!! We love you!!!

Samantha · Married on 07/07/2018

We had our wedding last month at the Wilshire, and everything on that day was above and beyond our expectations. John and his staff are amazing and did everything in their power to make sure our day was absolutely perfect. From the moment we booked our date, John was there with everything we needed and was always very helpful. We didn't know what to expect when we started planning, but everything came together beautifully. Our guests loved the venue, raved about the food, and had a blast at our wedding. We can't thank John enough for everything that he did to make our day so special!!

Sent on 08/26/2018

The Wilshire's reply:

THANK YOU so much for your kind words Samantha! it was an absolute pleasure serving you and your Guests and John had an absolute blast working with you both!

We wish you an amazing life together filled with all the best life has to offer. Please feel free to visit us anytime, we would love to see you both again!

Reneé · Married on 07/05/2018

It is the best place to have a wedding well as go to one. The staff are so professional, friendly and respectful. Everyone is on the same page and they absolutely make sure that your wedding day is nothing but amazing.

My bridal attendant Samantha was phenomenal. She was by my side for whatever my husband and I need well as for my family. Every decision was asked and executed to perfection! I highly recommend her for any bride’s special day.

The memories that were created on July 5, 2018 were nothing but spectacular because of the support and dedication of Wilshire Catering team. Thank you!!

From Reneé and Markeith Adeyeye

Sent on 09/01/2018

The Wilshire's reply:

Thank you so much for your incredible review and we are soo happy to hear you both had an amazing time enjoying your wedding day with us, it was our PLEASURE!!!!!!

We wish you both an absolutely incredible life together filled with only the BEST life has to offer!

Mayelin · Married on 07/01/2018

Wilshire caterers was simply amazing. Food was delicious, to die for, especially their seafood station my guests won’t stop talking about it. Drinks were on point and the staff was great very professional. Best choice we made. From reserving the place to the big day the process was amazing. Their service was exceptional. We worked with Joe’l and she was awesome. Thanks to Joe’l our wedding was perfect. She is very professional, friendly and was on top of every detail. She also made sure we enjoy our day to the max from making sure we put food in our stomachs to having everything go as planned. We couldnt ask for more. Best day ever !!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Hi Mayelin,

THANK YOU so much for your amazing feedback and we are overjoyed to hear about the incredible time you had on your most special day! Thank you for choosing us to host your wedding day and please visit us any time to say Hi!!! We wish you both an amazing life together and only the BEST!!!

Amy · Married on 06/16/2018

My fiance and I loved our experience with The Wilshire Grand!! Joe’l, Junior and Sam were the people we dealt with directly and could not have asked for better. From the first day of seeing the venue to the night of our wedding, everyone was so great to deal with. The food was amazing and the decor was just how I pictured/wanted! All of our guests were equally as happy. Thank you to The Wilshire Grand for helping us make our wedding that much more special!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Dear Amy,

Thank you so much for your kind words, Joe'l, Junior, Sam and the rest of our Team were so happy to read them!!! You guys were beyond awesome to work with and we are overjoyed to hear about your amazing experience with us, Thank you for sharing!!!

Marie · Married on 03/18/2018

I had my daughter ‘s Bridal Shower on March 18, 2018. Everything was Excellent! The food was delicious: cavatelli & broccoli was the best I have ever eaten ; as well as the eggplant rolatini, chicken Francaise, fried calamari, and Caesar salad! Travis,the owner , paid special attention to every detail. The room was gorgeous and the staff was extremely helpful with gifts being displayed, unpacked and repacked. The Bridal Shower was Perfection!

Sent on 03/21/2018

Hi Marie,

Thank you so much for the kind words and it was our pleasure serving you and your family! We pride ourselves on providing impeccable service and delicious cuisine to our cherished Guests and we are so grateful to hear we're doing a great job, thank you!

Best,

Natalie · Married on 01/20/2018

For starters, I have one word for this place and it is IMPECCABLE ! My husband and I were so pleased by everything the Wilshire offered us on the day of our wedding. The process from viewing the venue, to selecting the cocktail hour options, to the food tasting (which by the way was spectacular, especially the mango salsa salmon), to the day of. The service was out of this world. My guest were so pleased with how the waiting staff took care of them. The bartenders were so professional and kept everyone happy. The food was out of this world. There was so much to offer. My guest left happy and full ! Sam, Junior and Joe'l were such a pleasure to work with. I was so taken back by the amount of hospitality that they all offered us the day of the wedding. This was our first visit to the Wilshire Grand and it will not be our last. It has been almost a week and my guest are still talking about the venue. I couldnt have asked for a better wedding, with such great staff and wonderful accommodations. Hands down - FIVE STARS AND PLUS. Thank you !! Love, Erik and Natalie 1.20.18

Sent on 01/26/2018

Dear Natalie and Erik,

THANK YOU so much for your incredibly kind words and it was our absolute pleasure serving you and your Guests and your most special day with us! Samantha, Junior, and Joe'l are the BEST around and we are so happy to hear you enjoyed their incredible hospitality on your wedding day. Please visit us any time, we would love to see you both again, and we wish you an AMAZING life together filled with only the BEST life has to offer!

your Wilshire family

Joanne · Married on 01/13/2018

We had our wedding in the Grand Ballroom. It was amazing! The food was top notch, especially cocktail hour, the dance floor was huge, and the place is laid out very nicely so you can customize it as much as you'd like. I worked closely with Joe'l who was helping me and my husband make all our arrangement at the venue. She was wonderful! Easy to get in touch with and was right there by my side the day of the wedding. We also worked with Angela who was the bridal attendant, and another attendant, forgive me, whose name is escaping me. Everything about the venue was absolutely lovely and people loved the place! If you book in the Grand Ballroom you have access to the bridal suites to get ready the day of. The loft wasn't booked so we were able to take photos in that room which was beautiful too.

Sent on 03/06/2018
    The Wilshire 31
    The Wilshire 32
    The Wilshire 33

Dear Joanne,
    On behalf of our entire Team, thank you so much for your kind words and amazing feedback. Joe'l had a blast working with you both and we are so happy to hear what an amazing experience you had with us, that's what it's all about!!! We wish you both an incredible life together filled with only the best life has to offer!

Dana · Married on 12/08/2017

We had an amazing experience and wedding at the Wilshire. Everyone was very attentive and helpful. We strongly recommend this venue to every couple!

Sent on 03/05/2018

Hi Dana,

Thank you so much for your kind words and it was our absolute pleasure hosting your most special day! We wish you only the BEST life has to offer!!!

Kevin Broomell · Married on 12/01/2017

It was the best day ever!

My (now) Wife and I had our reception at your venue on December 1st and we were simply blown away by the entire experience.  Overall, it was such an outstanding day and we are so thrilled that your team executed flawlessly on such an important day for us.  Everything from top to bottom was just hands down amazing, but I did want to point out a few bright spots:

The staff overall were just great to work with and the food was outstanding.  The bartenders and wait staff were very friendly and the chef executed very well with all the dishes that came out.

Junior and Angela were amazing hosts for us the entire evening.  It made the night so easy for us, having them there every step of the way.  They anticipated our needs and did so gracefully, as they had such a delicate touch is making sure every detail was executed against the entire evening.  We cannot thank these 2 individuals enough for their attention to details and for being such a pleasure to work with.

John Bowes delivered an evening that Samantha and I will be talking about for the rest of our lives.  From the moment we met John, we knew we were in for a special treat - he is actually the deciding factor in choosing your venue for our event, as he has such an excellent Sales presentation.  Although he is an excellent Salesman, his delivery is even better.  He guided us into making the best choices for our evening and gave us direction on the right touches for the guest experience.  He was incredibly responsive, attentive, professional and just down right amazing.  In fact, we want to get married again just to work with John and have this experience all over! I cannot be more appreciative of John and his effort in delivering a spectacular night for us and our guests.

Every person we have talked to has been raving about our wedding and we are just so thrilled to have chosen your venue for our wedding.  You have an amazing staff and you should be proud of them.

Sent on 11/09/2018

Catherine · Married on 11/18/2017

We just had our wedding there Friday November 17th, 2017 and there is no amount of time or words to describe how perfect the night was! John Bowes, Kirby, Junior and Angela were exceptional! I had not one worry in the world that night except to enjoy it and mingle with our guests. They flawlessly executed even the tiniest details perfectly. The atmosphere, the food, and staff were exceptional. This was the first and only venue I looked at, and falling in love with this place was my first instinct, and if I had to do it all over again I would not change a thing! Most of my guest list came from Westchester, so having the hotel attached truly added a special touch, adding convenience for my guests was very important to me. The hotel was comfortable, clean and friendly. I wish one of my unmarried siblings will get married here when the time comes so I can enjoy this special place as a guest. The Wilshire caterers went above and beyond, and we are so happy and grateful for the best night of our lives there <3

Sent on 11/20/2017