The Wilshire Caterers Reviews

161 | West Orange, NJ

161 Reviews for The Wilshire Caterers

161 The Wilshire Caterers Reviews

rickelmy · Married on 07/27/2018

The wilshire exceeded my expectations! Joe'l was amazing from the very beginning, she made sure all my questions were answered and made the entire process so much easier! The day of the wedding the staff was phenomenal and ensure every thing ran smoothly. Our guests loved the food and had amazing feedback with regards to the venue! We Had an amazing time at our wedding and couldnt be more happier with the results!

Sent on 09/06/2018

The Wilshire Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Rickelmy! Joe'l had such a fun time working with you and is overjoyed to hear what an amazing time you had with us! Thank you for sharing your experience and we wish you both an incredible life together filled with only the BEST!!!! We love you!!!

Samantha · Married on 07/07/2018

We had our wedding last month at the Wilshire, and everything on that day was above and beyond our expectations. John and his staff are amazing and did everything in their power to make sure our day was absolutely perfect. From the moment we booked our date, John was there with everything we needed and was always very helpful. We didn't know what to expect when we started planning, but everything came together beautifully. Our guests loved the venue, raved about the food, and had a blast at our wedding. We can't thank John enough for everything that he did to make our day so special!!

Sent on 08/26/2018

The Wilshire Caterers's reply:

THANK YOU so much for your kind words Samantha! it was an absolute pleasure serving you and your Guests and John had an absolute blast working with you both! We wish you an amazing life together filled with all the best life has to offer. Please feel free to visit us anytime, we would love to see you both again! Love, Team Wilshire

Reneé · Married on 07/05/2018

It is the best place to have a wedding well as go to one. The staff are so professional, friendly and respectful. Everyone is on the same page and they absolutely make sure that your wedding day is nothing but amazing.

My bridal attendant Samantha was phenomenal. She was by my side for whatever my husband and I need well as for my family. Every decision was asked and executed to perfection! I highly recommend her for any bride’s special day.

The memories that were created on July 5, 2018 were nothing but spectacular because of the support and dedication of Wilshire Catering team. Thank you!!

From Reneé and Markeith Adeyeye

Sent on 09/01/2018

The Wilshire Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for your incredible review and we are soo happy to hear you both had an amazing time enjoying your wedding day with us, it was our PLEASURE!!!!!! We wish you both an absolutely incredible life together filled with only the BEST life has to offer! Love, Team Wilshire

Mayelin · Married on 07/01/2018

Wilshire caterers was simply amazing. Food was delicious, to die for, especially their seafood station my guests won’t stop talking about it. Drinks were on point and the staff was great very professional. Best choice we made. From reserving the place to the big day the process was amazing. Their service was exceptional. We worked with Joe’l and she was awesome. Thanks to Joe’l our wedding was perfect. She is very professional, friendly and was on top of every detail. She also made sure we enjoy our day to the max from making sure we put food in our stomachs to having everything go as planned. We couldnt ask for more. Best day ever !!

Sent on 07/12/2018

The Wilshire Caterers's reply:

Hi Mayelin, THANK YOU so much for your amazing feedback and we are overjoyed to hear about the incredible time you had on your most special day! Thank you for choosing us to host your wedding day and please visit us any time to say Hi!!! We wish you both an amazing life together and only the BEST!!! Love, Team Wilshire

Amy · Married on 06/16/2018

My fiance and I loved our experience with The Wilshire Grand!! Joe’l, Junior and Sam were the people we dealt with directly and could not have asked for better. From the first day of seeing the venue to the night of our wedding, everyone was so great to deal with. The food was amazing and the decor was just how I pictured/wanted! All of our guests were equally as happy. Thank you to The Wilshire Grand for helping us make our wedding that much more special!

Sent on 08/25/2018

The Wilshire Caterers's reply:

Dear Amy, Thank you so much for your kind words, Joe'l, Junior, Sam and the rest of our Team were so happy to read them!!! You guys were beyond awesome to work with and we are overjoyed to hear about your amazing experience with us, Thank you for sharing!!! Love, Team Wilshire

Marie · Married on 03/18/2018

I had my daughter ‘s Bridal Shower on March 18, 2018. Everything was Excellent! The food was delicious: cavatelli & broccoli was the best I have ever eaten ; as well as the eggplant rolatini, chicken Francaise, fried calamari, and Caesar salad! Travis,the owner , paid special attention to every detail. The room was gorgeous and the staff was extremely helpful with gifts being displayed, unpacked and repacked. The Bridal Shower was Perfection!

Sent on 03/21/2018

The Wilshire Caterers's reply:

Hi Marie, Thank you so much for the kind words and it was our pleasure serving you and your family! We pride ourselves on providing impeccable service and delicious cuisine to our cherished Guests and we are so grateful to hear we're doing a great job, thank you! Best, The Wilshire Team

Natalie · Married on 01/20/2018

For starters, I have one word for this place and it is IMPECCABLE ! My husband and I were so pleased by everything the Wilshire offered us on the day of our wedding. The process from viewing the venue, to selecting the cocktail hour options, to the food tasting (which by the way was spectacular, especially the mango salsa salmon), to the day of. The service was out of this world. My guest were so pleased with how the waiting staff took care of them. The bartenders were so professional and kept everyone happy. The food was out of this world. There was so much to offer. My guest left happy and full ! Sam, Junior and Joe'l were such a pleasure to work with. I was so taken back by the amount of hospitality that they all offered us the day of the wedding. This was our first visit to the Wilshire Grand and it will not be our last. It has been almost a week and my guest are still talking about the venue. I couldnt have asked for a better wedding, with such great staff and wonderful accommodations. Hands down - FIVE STARS AND PLUS. Thank you !! Love, Erik and Natalie 1.20.18

Sent on 01/26/2018

The Wilshire Caterers's reply:

Dear Natalie and Erik, THANK YOU so much for your incredibly kind words and it was our absolute pleasure serving you and your Guests and your most special day with us! Samantha, Junior, and Joe'l are the BEST around and we are so happy to hear you enjoyed their incredible hospitality on your wedding day. Please visit us any time, we would love to see you both again, and we wish you an AMAZING life together filled with only the BEST life has to offer! Love, your Wilshire family

Joanne · Married on 01/13/2018

We had our wedding in the Grand Ballroom. It was amazing! The food was top notch, especially cocktail hour, the dance floor was huge, and the place is laid out very nicely so you can customize it as much as you'd like. I worked closely with Joe'l who was helping me and my husband make all our arrangement at the venue. She was wonderful! Easy to get in touch with and was right there by my side the day of the wedding. We also worked with Angela who was the bridal attendant, and another attendant, forgive me, whose name is escaping me. Everything about the venue was absolutely lovely and people loved the place! If you book in the Grand Ballroom you have access to the bridal suites to get ready the day of. The loft wasn't booked so we were able to take photos in that room which was beautiful too.

Sent on 03/06/2018
    The Wilshire Caterers 1
    The Wilshire Caterers 2
    The Wilshire Caterers 3

The Wilshire Caterers's reply:

Dear Joanne, On behalf of our entire Team, thank you so much for your kind words and amazing feedback. Joe'l had a blast working with you both and we are so happy to hear what an amazing experience you had with us, that's what it's all about!!! We wish you both an incredible life together filled with only the best life has to offer! Love, The Wilshire Team

Dana · Married on 12/08/2017

We had an amazing experience and wedding at the Wilshire. Everyone was very attentive and helpful. We strongly recommend this venue to every couple!

Sent on 03/05/2018

The Wilshire Caterers's reply:

Hi Dana, Thank you so much for your kind words and it was our absolute pleasure hosting your most special day! We wish you only the BEST life has to offer!!! Love, The Wilshire Team

Catherine · Married on 11/18/2017

We just had our wedding there Friday November 17th, 2017 and there is no amount of time or words to describe how perfect the night was! John Bowes, Kirby, Junior and Angela were exceptional! I had not one worry in the world that night except to enjoy it and mingle with our guests. They flawlessly executed even the tiniest details perfectly. The atmosphere, the food, and staff were exceptional. This was the first and only venue I looked at, and falling in love with this place was my first instinct, and if I had to do it all over again I would not change a thing! Most of my guest list came from Westchester, so having the hotel attached truly added a special touch, adding convenience for my guests was very important to me. The hotel was comfortable, clean and friendly. I wish one of my unmarried siblings will get married here when the time comes so I can enjoy this special place as a guest. The Wilshire caterers went above and beyond, and we are so happy and grateful for the best night of our lives there <3

Georgia · Married on 11/11/2017

We had our wedding on Saturday 11/11/2017 and I can honestly say it was the best day of our lives. The Wilshire Caterers was absolutely amazing. The place is just beautiful. The staff is phenomenal. Everyone RAVED about the food. The plates are reasonably priced. Joe'l, the events coordinator was helpful and accommodating since the moment we met with her to book our wedding. She was there the night of our wedding and made sure everything was perfect and it was. Angela, the bridal attendant was wonderful, as well as Junior, Kirby, and the rest of the staff. The cocktail hour stations were absolutely astonishing as well. The staff was accommodating with our families and made sure everyone was satisfied. I can't say enough good things about this place. I, ONE THOUSAND PERCENT, recommend this place for your wedding. I'll never forget it.

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2017

We had our wedding at Wilshire in October and all of our guests could not stop raving about the venue, service and food! The timing of our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception flowed so well and was well planned by the team. Travis and team really made the day perfect.

candida · Married on 10/20/2017

I just had my wedding at The Wilshire and everyone is still talking about it. The food and service was absolutely excellent, more then we ever wished for. Thank you to John for walking us through the entire process and being so sweet. Samantha my bridal assistant went above and beyond on my special day. Overall I am completely satisfied with the service and food. Thank you again! 10/20/17 Candy & Eric

Camille · Married on 09/24/2017

I just had my reception here almost 2 months ago, I have nothing but good things to say about all of the staff members that helped me that day. That day there were more than just my maitre'd to help me. It was great working with John, as well. He was very responsive and comforting with any worries I had. I would use them for any big event or when I need a big venue. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 11/20/2017

The Wilshire Caterers's reply:

Hi Camille, Thank you so much for your kind words and it was a pleasure hosting you on your most special day! We wish you both an amazing life together and hope to see you back soon!!!

Jamie · Married on 09/17/2017

My wedding was a fairy tale wedding , the kind you dream of as a little girl. The day was perfect the entire staff made my husband and I so happy . They went above and beyond to make sure everything was exactly how we wanted it . I would recommend Wilshire caterers to anyone who is having an event . They are professionals in every aspect .

The Wilshire Caterers 4

Anita · Married on 09/17/2017

Where do I begin?! Everything was absolutely amazing and John went above and beyond to make sure all my questions were answered and we were comfortable. The bridal salon was perfect, it fit about 10 girls in there and the men had their section as well, it filled with everything we needed!! Super clean place, the main ballroom was just beautiful and lighting was great as well. Cocktail hour was amazing, all I heard people saying was how delicious and the assortment of food was excellent and the open patio everyone loved too!! Everyone loved the printed menu of our names and dinners, and everything again was excellent!! Our sweetheart table was perfect, we had a great view of the entire evening (when we sat for 2 seconds haha) absolutely nothing went wrong on our wedding day!!!

The Wilshire Caterers 5
    The Wilshire Caterers 12
    The Wilshire Caterers 13
    The Wilshire Caterers 14

Elisa · Married on 09/09/2017

The Wilshire was beyond all our expectations for our wedding. As soon as we visited the venue and met with Joe'l, we knew we wanted to book it. Joe'l was AMAZING to work with and truly made the wedding planning experience so smooth. She answered all my questions, was very patient with us if we changed our minds or were indecisive, and made sure we had the time of our lives on our wedding day! My bridal attendant, Angela, was fantastic, making sure I had everything I needed, and was where I was supposed to be at the right time. The maitre d's, Kirby and Junior, were phenomenal as well. We had our ceremony in their beautiful outdoor space; however, if we had needed to have it inside due to weather, they set it up beautifully as well! The food was fantastic, the dessert room was outrageous (in a good way!) and the service was impeccable. I could not have been happier that we had our wedding here - it was the most perfect day and not without the help of all the staff at the Wilshire!

• F

Farah · Married on 08/30/2017

The Wilshire is the best venue, everyone there is very professional, the day of the wedding was so perfect they keep everything under control and they make sure that we didn't have to worried about a thing.

Andrea · Married on 08/29/2017

Best wedding ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loved every single thing about the WIlshire. Staff was beyond helpful and went above anything I had ever dreamed.

Sent on 11/28/2017

The Wilshire Caterers's reply:

Hi Andrea, Thank you so much for the amazing review and for sharing your incredible wedding day experience with us! We strive every single day to provide our cherished Guests with the BEST of everything possible and it is unbelievably rewarding to hear we're doing a great job for you, THANK YOU!!! We wish you both an amazing life together filled with only the best! Love, Team Wilshire

Connie · Married on 08/25/2017

We had our wedding at the Wilshire Caterers this past weekend, and I cannot be more happy with the outcome. Joe'l, Angie, Junior and team were amazing and so helpful throughout the day. They were so accommodating with our guests who had to come early for Chinese Tea ceremony and even had everything ready for us. Our DJ was running late due to traffic and Junior was able to keep me calm and ensure me that the ceremony would go off without a hitch.. and with music!! Food was plentiful!! Our guests kept telling us how amazing the baked brie during cocktail hour was.

Thank you again to the entire Wilshire team for an amazing day.

Claudia · Married on 08/25/2017

We had our wedding here and there is absolutely not one complaint. Everything about this place is perfect and beautiful. Especially John Bowes! Very loving, Very accommodating and sweet. He made our wedding night greater than anything we could have ever expected. He is incredible at his job, he exceeded every single expectation possible. As for the rest of the Wilshire staff, we can't thank you enough! The place was absolutely beautiful and you gave us a night we will never ever forget. Thank you for making us feel like we special every step of the way..

Hannah · Married on 08/06/2017

The team at the Loft at 350 were phenomenal! They made our wedding day one to never forget! From the moment we booked to the last song of the night they were wonderful to work with each step of the way. They completely took care of us but more importantly they cared for our guests with great service! I would highly recommend them for any event! The food was outstanding and John and his team are truly amazing! They gave us a stress free day where we could completely relax and enjoy the ride. I cannot thank them all enough for the hard work they put in for our special day! WE LOVED EVERYTHING!

Sent on 08/14/2017

The Wilshire Caterers's reply:

Hi Hannah, THANK YOU so much for sharing your amazing experience with us and we are so happy to hear you had an amazing wedding day in the Loft at 350! The space is super unique, as is our Team - John is the BEST - and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed both! Thank you for the opportunity to serve you on your most special day and we wish you both an amazingly beautiful life together! Best, Team Wilshire

Stephanie · Married on 07/08/2017

Our wedding, on July 8th, 2017 at The Wilshire Caterers was truly a fairytale. We booked our wedding back in September of 2015, and from that point forward, we worked with Joe'l throughout the entire planning process. She responded very quickly to any questions, inquiries, and requests we made & she also made herself available to us at the venue at times she may not have normally been there. Wilshire really worked within our budget to provide us exceptional food & service. On the wedding day, my bridal attendant, Samantha, showed up early to accommodate myself and my bridesmaids, and I can't say enough good things about her. She was AMAZING. Not only did she take care of my bridesmaids & me, but she also made sure to check on my husband & his groomsmen as soon as they arrived at the venue. She was on top of her game from 7 a.m. until 12 a.m. I was completely relaxed the day of and I owe a lot of this to Samantha. She helped lace and bustle my gown (neither task was easy), and she was also incredibly warm and friendly to all of our family, too. Her energy was amazing. Junior was our Matre'd, and from the moment we were introduced at our rehearsal, my husband and I knew we were in good hands. He clearly is a pro at this. Last but not least, Kirby was present on the day of our wedding helping out as well. Kirby was incredible! He was always there to pull out my chair, get me a drink, let me know when food was at our table. I felt like a queen! The ballroom looked gorgeous, our ceremony outside was set up perfectly, and the cocktail hour room was very nice. There was enough seating for people to chat & eat, our ice sculpture came out beautifully, and people have even commented on how clean the bathrooms were even at the end of the night. The entire presentation of the venue was immaculate and modern, and all of the staff did a phenomenal job. Also, they had all 3 entrees waiting for us in our bridal suite!!! We are so happy we went with the Wilshire!

Danielle · Married on 07/02/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Wilshire Caterers. Joe'l was an absolute pleasure to work with - she always got back to me right away and answered all of my questions. She made sure that our day went flawlessly. The rest of the staff was so easy to deal with and made sure that our day went exactly as planned. The food was amazing and the venue is beautiful. Our guests are still raving about what an amazing time they had and we have Wilshire Caterers and Joe'l to thank!