The Willows Reviews

The Willows 1
The Willows 2

Lisa 路 Getting married on 05/16/2020

Very professional

I met with Jessica at The Willows and she was wonderful. She showed us around and answered all of our questions. She was so nice and professional. After our meeting we felt like this was definitely the right match for us. It was exactly what we were looking for. Our wedding is not until May 16, 2020 so I can't say as yet what the experience was. I will definitely leave another review when the time comes. It is a beautiful venue. We decided to do a garden ceremony and have the reception at The Lodge. I had to rate this company inorder to post my review. I gave 5 star for quality of service but since I haven't had my wedding as of yet, this is for my first impression when visiting the venue and speaking with Jessica. If by chance this was not so on my wedding day I will definitely write another review and update my rating. Also, she was very quick to respond when I email her with a question. Another thing was that they were very accomomating with the start time for our ceremony. Thanks Jessica 馃槉.

Sent on 03/30/2019

The Willows's reply:

Wow, Lisa, this is so great to hear! I can't wait to share it with Jessica, she will be so excited. We cannot wait to host your special day and feel so privileged to do so! Thanks for taking the time to write this!
  • Annie

Annie Pham 路 Married on 06/01/2019

Gorgeous venue! Great staff!

The Willows was our dream wedding venue! We got married in the Gardens and had our reception in the Ballroom. The grounds were gorgeous for our wedding photos. The food was also amazing. We were able to try a bunch of dishes at a tasting a couple months prior to the wedding. Brittney was fantastic! We could not have organized this event without her. From the time we booked to the planning meeting to the day of, Brittney was with us every step of the way. She made the process for us very clear by giving us an outline of everything we needed to do. Her communication was great. All in all, you should definitely check this venue out!

Sent on 06/29/2019

The Willows's reply:

Annie, thank you so much for taking a minute to write this amazing feedback! We can't wait to share it with Brittney and our kitchen folks. We were thrilled to host you and Noah and are so glad to hear that you felt that it was your dream come true. We wish you the very best!

Masum Sakib 路 Married on 12/13/2018

jjhsjahfdjhasf

asjdfjgsdaf ghdshafuhasd fgsguidfgyuasd

Sent on 12/14/2018

Amy 路 Married on 08/11/2018

Amazing!!!!

We got married at The Willows on 8/11/18. We had such an amazing experience with them! We had our ceremony in the gardens (which is stunning!) and our reception in the lodge. All of the spaces are seriously gorgeous! The staff is so friendly and was always there when I had a million questions. One of their staff members even went with me to the rental place to look at table linens! I was blown away by the whole experience at The Willows. I would HIGHLY recommend them to any bride looking for an amazing all inclusive venue in the Indianapolis area.

Sent on 11/14/2018

The Willows's reply:

Thank you, Mrs. Etheridge ;), for taking the time to place your review with Wedding Wire! We loved being a part of your day. I will pass on your comments to Britt, I am sure they will make her day!

Kristin 路 Married on 06/08/2018

Brittney was awesome to work with. The meetings we had before the wedding were really helpful for figuring out details about the reception. The food tasting was such a smart idea of the part of the Willows. We were able to eat amazing food and help us decide what our menu would consist of. It would have been helpful to see all of the menu items before our final meeting just so there would be more time to process their giant list of options. Brittney gave us great recommendations for food and it was a hit with the guests. She was flexible with us changing the amount of people per table the day before the wedding. We cannot say enough good things about the staff at The Willows. For the reception, the staff continuously checked in on us. They made sure our bridal party got their own trays of hor d鈥檕euvres. They even plated the food for us at the buffet! They were all kind and polite. I had the bartender come and bring me a drink because they realized my drink order had not been not made in a couple hours. If you are considering The Lodge at all, do it! It is such a pretty view, amazing food and an outstanding staff. We were beyond thrilled for how the reception turned out.

Sent on 06/27/2018

The Willows's reply:

Hi Kristin! Hope you and Matt are enjoying your first year of marriage! Thank you for leaving this review! We just received access to the Wedding Wire platform and I, as General Manager, am able to respond to reviews now, so just wanted to take a minute to thank you for these beautiful words. Britt appreciates it too and had SO MUCH FUN working with both of you. Happy holidays and have a great first Christmas with your hubby!

Dani 路 Married on 10/20/2017

We had our wedding in the Lodge and it was beautiful. The staff were so courteous, attentive and kind. We truly felt that the day was perfect and went off without a hitch due to Shawn's attention to details and organization. We couldn't of asked for a better venue and hosts for our day.

Sent on 10/30/2017
  • Julie

Julie 路 Married on 09/17/2016

The Willows on Westfield is a beautiful venue with a lot to offer for a decent cost! My daughter is getting married in September and we can't be more excited! Her ceremony will be held in the Gardens located just behind the Lodge where we will host her cocktail hour on the deck with a view of the lake, then on to the reception. So far, the assistants and Maryanne have been very helpful with answering any questions that arise and guiding us through this exciting but overwhelming process! We are looking forward to see how this all comes together!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Amanda 路 Married on 08/13/2016

The Willows is AMAZING. I learned of the venue from extensive research online and turns out someone from my extended (future) family had their wedding reception there just last year and had a wonderful experience.

The manager, Mary Anne, made my visit to the venue so personal, fun, stress-free and enjoyable! I am so excited for the Willows to be my ceremony and reception venue!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Molly 路 Married on 10/24/2015

I could not have asked for better service and quality for the price! Plus the setting in the lodge was gorgeous overlooking the lake. Liz was such a pleasure to work with through the entire planning process and the wait staff treated us like royalty. The food was amazing too!

Sent on 10/31/2015

Molly 路 Married on 10/17/2015

The Willows is an amazing wedding vendor and reception venue! As most brides do, I scoped out quite a few reception locations in Indy before making my decision. My sister recommended the Willows because she said it was the best wedding food she had ever had. My husband is a chef, so this was a big deal to us and we decided to check it out!

From that initial meeting forward, Maryanne and Liz were an absolute pleasure to work with. Their professionalism, warmth, and attention to detail was incredible. They worked with us on everything -- from the timeline and the budget, to the layouts and how all of the decor should be set up for the big day, and they also connect with your other vendors to ensure everything goes smoothly. And they definitely lived up to the amazing food. I had so many guests tell me that was the best reception food ever!

We are so happy to have chosen the Willows and to have had our wedding in The Lodge - it was the perfect space for the elegant, rustic, and sophisticated October wedding we dreamed about. Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 01/16/2016
  • User4685033 路 2+ years ago

The staff at the Willows did an amazing job of making our day so special. Throughout the whole wedding process, the team was attentive and worked with us to make every detail perfect for our wedding.

Sent on 09/20/2015

Jama 路 Married on 10/25/2014

We loved our venue and really appreciated the quality of the service and food they catered. The staff was amazing. Our contact was able to meet with us and their chef to ensure that our needs for our guests were met- we had dairy free, gluten free, and low sugar for diabetics at our wedding. We recommend them for their great venue, quality, and professionalism. They were great!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Kyle 路 Married on 03/29/2008

Crystal Catering is the best known caterer in Indianapolis for a very good reason. Specifically this is referring to Crystal Catering at the Indiana State Museum. We ended up finishing pictures about a half hour earlier than planned, and they were completely professional in the way they handled moving the dinner up. Talk about flexible! They also provided lots of other service such as setting up the tables with our centerpieces and decorating the place with some of our stuff. They were fantastic! The servers were top notch.

Sent on 05/10/2008
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn 路 Married on 06/22/2019

Willows Ballroom Wedding Reception

We chose The Willows Ballroom for our June 2019 wedding reception for approximately 250 guests. We selected the Willows Ballroom for the large size of the ballroom and dance floor, and the attached glass-enclosed terrace and deck over-looking the water were ideal spaces for our cocktail hour. The pricing The Willows offers is reasonable. The glowing reputation of Crystal Catering was another reason we chose The Willows. Our wedding reception was organized by Shawn Schilling. She helped us through the process of choosing a menu, linens, and rentals. It helps that The Willows has a close partnership with A Classic Party Rentals. The Willows and Crystal Catering did not disappoint! Shawn managed our event very well. The meal / bar service and dishes prepared were excellent; thank you Chef Emily! We had passed hors d'oeuvres and a plated 3-course meal. All of our guests are still raving about Crystal Catering's service and food! The only downside we experienced with the Willows was their lack of attention to some of the finer details of our ballroom's set up. Such as the head table was arranged without napkins, some candles failed to be lit, the sashes tied around the banquet chairs were tied differently than what we selected, etc. Thankfully, all of these were small details. Overall, I would most definitely recommend The Willows for their beautiful indoor / outdoor venue and waterfront view, excellent service staff, and delicious food!

Sent on 07/27/2019
    The Willows 3
    The Willows 4

Amy 路 Married on 05/12/2018

The Willows Ballroom was the perfect space for our ceremony and reception. We were able to utilize the large space to create a seamless event (as soon as the ceremony was finished, the guests went straight to cocktails/appetizers without having to restage the space). Ann Hansen was a dream to work with. She was very organized and on top of the schedule. When a breakfast was scheduled at the venue the morning of our wedding, she took it upon herself and her team to set up our decorations and did a fabulous job! Throughout the day, she was in contact with myself and my groom, making sure we were always in the loop. And the food!! After we were extremely impressed at the tasting event, several of our guests raved about our reception buffet, saying it was one of the best meals they had ever eaten at a wedding! I originally anticipated a downtown venue, but The Willows was not only more affordable, but had a large [free] parking lot and an excellent location close to Broad Ripple Avenue. I have zero regrets!

Sent on 06/04/2018

andrea 路 Married on 09/08/2007

Crystal Catering was wonderful to work with. Everything from the service they provided the night of our wedding to the food was spectacular!

Sent on 11/20/2007

Laura 路 Married on 08/15/2009

4.2

What a great meal we had at our reception.The flavor and presentation of the food was all there.Crystal Catering is not very expensive and is ideal for big partys.

Sent on 02/22/2010

Elizabeth 路 Married on 08/30/2008

Our food was absolutely wonderful. Our guests were trying to get containers to take the extra steaks home. Most caterers make you choose chicken, beef or fish but they provided steak and chicken for each guest so there was plenty of food. The handmade dressings were also a big hit. They were very flexible with beverage pricing and worked with us on numerous other tweaks to their normal program. Anyone that uses Crystal Catering/Purgatory Golf Club will not be dissapointed

Sent on 02/08/2009

Justin & Emily 路 Married on 10/24/2015

3.5

We hosted our October 2015 wedding reception at this venue, and we have heard nothing but compliments from all of our guests. We hosted in the banquet hall portion of the venue (as they have the Lodge available as well). The room was incredibly spacious for our 200 guests. The service staff was absolutely incredible the night of. I had some trouble communicating with one of the office staff members throughout the planning process, but the other seemed to take charge and was incredibly helpful, responsive, detailed, and accommodating to all of my questions and requests. I would highly recommend this venue to others for their wedding reception needs. It is very close to the Broadripple strip if you prefer to keep the party going afterward like we did! Our guests have said wonderful things about the reception, and we could not be happier with the end result!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Elisabeth 路 Married on 06/09/2007

3.8
      3.0

The food was great... but it was very pricey. Since my wedding was at a certain venue, I had to use this caterer (so they could charge whatever they wanted). But they were very flexible to my needs beforehand and on the day of the event.

Sent on 10/31/2007

Kristin 路 Married on 09/08/2007

3.8
      3.0

The food was ok. Some of the chicken was undercooked. We weren't given the option of tasting the food before we chose it. We had to pick our menu out of a packet of paper. The servers were great during dinner, and the representatives were always easy to get in touch with.

Sent on 06/02/2008

jessica 路 Married on 06/28/2008

3.2
      2.5
      3.0

The staff I worked with were great. However, I'm not sure I feel the quality (and quantity) of food was worth the price.

Sent on 07/22/2008

Jenni 路 Married on 04/28/2007

3.2
      2.0

Our food was very good, but extremely pricey.
    We had to use their catering because of the location we got married.
    If I had to go back and do it again, I would change the location of the wedding instead of paying so much for food.

Sent on 01/04/2008

Sara 路 Married on 10/22/2016

2.8
      2.5
      0.5

The price, the view, and the food make this place worth it! If you hope for a coordinator, you will not find much assistance here. We ended up working with someone who isn't cut out for the wedding industry- the attitude, lack of organization, and professionalism from her on the day of our wedding and rehearsal were really quite terrible. I can't imagine she'll last long at this venue. That being said, the food was great and the facility fit the bill. Don't expect to have any cake leftover though; the service staff helps themselves- and unfortunately doesn't really prioritize the guests when it comes to second servings. Our wedding was amazing, because I am a meticulous planner. But if that's not you, don't go here.

Sent on 12/02/2016

Sara,
    I have taken over at the Willows since your wedding and just received access to the Wedding Wire platform. I was so sad to hear your experience with our sales team was a bit rocky. Please know that as of the beginning of 2017, we began making significant changes in the sales office and now have a brand new team that I am quite proud of! Again, I apologize for the lack of service you received, hope you are enjoying a beautiful marriage and truly thank you for leaving a review. They make us better!