The White Flower Bridal Boutique Reviews

73 Reviews for The White Flower Bridal Boutique

1 User photo

The White Flower Bridal Boutique 1

Laura · Married on 11/11/2011

I cant say enough about Courtney and her team. I had gone to a few wedding dress shops before learning about the White Flower - and I found that wedding dress shopping was exhausting, and that the sales ladys were pushy and rude.
    BUT - Im so so so happy that I found out about the White Flower. The experience was amazing, and Courtney was the NICEST ever :) Every email that I sent her she replied quickly, ever worry that I had she calmed me down, and when my dress didnt fit (EEEKK) in May she gave me advice and calmed me down. On the day of my wedding I felt FANTASTIC in my dress and it fit me PERFECT. Mary did amazing with all of the alterations - and even scheduled an extra session before the wedding to make sure it fit just right!
    I would recommend her to EVERYONE - its a unique and tranquil experience to go into the White Flower. Congrats Courteny to your new expansion for the bridal party side!! Its going to be amazing!

Sent on 12/12/2011

Gennaya · Married on 10/16/2011

Courtney is absolutely the best consultant you will find! Her boutique is beautiful and she does private appointments so that you and your family/friends can enjoy the time together. She even made sure to include my little sister/maid of honor in the process by setting up skype! I would highly recommend the White Flower Bridal Boutique for finding your dream dress.

Sent on 06/12/2013

Courtney · Married on 10/09/2011

Courtney at the White Flower Boutique was an absolute joy to work with! The first time we stepped into her store was the first time I felt like an actual bride. She make you feel so special and important. She closes up shop and lets you and your family or friends browse all she has to offer. I ended up getting my wedding dress that day and when I said 'yes' she popped the bubbly and my sister, mom and I had a toast. It was a truly special moment that I will never forget.
    Courtney was very patient and helpful when it came to little changes I needed to make it my perfect dress. She was always available to me for the entire 11 months and kept me in the loop about all details dress (especially because I live in Florida and wasn't able to be there until the wedding week).
    It was a great experience to work with Courtney and I would highly suggest checking out her collections!

Sent on 11/05/2011

Allison · Married on 09/10/2011

The White Flower was the third store I went to when looking for my wedding dress. I immediately felt at ease in Courtney's store--she has a beautiful boutique with gorgeous gowns, of course, but the added piece that really makes her stand out is her down to earth personality, professionalism, and talent at helping you find the right gown for YOU.

Courtney let me take my time picking out my favorites. She was happy to insert her opinion when I asked, but has never been pushy. Once I had a good selection, she had me try on the dress she thought would be my favorite first (without telling me)--and she was right! This was MY dress and I am so happy. Of course, I spent forever trying on other ones and she was consistently patient with that--and all my other questions about little details throughout.

She was wonderful to work with the entire time, including after the wedding. I always felt like she truly wanted my day to be perfect and that her first priority was that--even after I made a deposit. I didn't realize how much interaction you might have with the place you buy your dress (color selections, fittings and alterations, customizing your dress, accessories, etc.) I am so thankful I chose somewhere that I can trust.

Courtney was available to reassure me I would get my dress on time when the power went out in San Diego (she texted me), she has been a great resource for dry cleaning and preserving my dress and advice on giving advice when selling it, and I have since recommended her to all my close friends getting married in the future. I can't wait to visit her new bridesmaid store, too.

I could not recommend her more highly.

Sent on 12/12/2011

I loved working with Courtney. She was so nice and fun to work with.

My dress experience was a little mixed. I went into great stores, horrible stores and everything in between. What I loved about The White Flower was the fact that you have a private experience with Courtney and you have her full attention. She carries only a few lines and not a lot of other stores have her lines, if any. I loved the uniqueness of my dress!

She knows good customer service, is very helpful, clean and professional store and has fair prices (but, they are not inexpensive dresses).

Sent on 08/30/2011
  • F

Bethany · Married on 07/09/2011

I ultimately ended up borrowing a dress to save on money, but had the best experience at the White Flower. Intimate setup, absolutely stunning and unique dresses, and great great service. I did find the perfect dress, and the prices were shockingly low for the quality! If I didn't borrow, this would have been the store I would have bought from! =)

Sent on 07/21/2011

Mindy · Married on 04/08/2011

Courtney was amazing! After searching and searching for the perfect dress I was beginning to think that I would find one I was happy with, but not get that feeling that everyone talks about. I found a dress I liked in a magazine and went to see if it was in the boutique. Courtney didn't have it, but she ordered it all the way from Australia! She called me right away when it arrived and I rushed in to try it on. We both agreed it wasn't the perfect dress, BUT she knew exactly what I wanted and went to her office and pulled out my dress! It was amazing. I put the dress on and got that feeling of this is my dress. It was perfect. She listened to exactly what I wanted and how I envisioned our wedding and she helped me find the perfect dress. She was amazing throughout the entire process of ordering the dress, alterations, and the final steaming. It couldn't have been a better experience. I would most definitely recommend The White Flower.

Sent on 04/01/2012

It was an absolute pleasure to do business with the ladies who run White Flower! The shop is gorgeous without being the least bit intimidating...it was the perfect wedding dress shopping experience. I worked primarily with Brittany and she was the best person to work with ever! She was so sweet and helpful, without being the least bit pressuring. I highly recommend this salon to anyone looking for a bridal gown. The only caveat is that you need to have a bit of money to spend...this is not David's Bridal. But that was evident in every aspect...you get what you pay for, and the dresses, service, and overall experience here was wonderful!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Nicole · Married on 03/29/2014

I did not want the big-group-big-production style wedding dress shopping experience, so I really valued my time at White Flower. They only do appointments and the space is not overcrowded with dresses and people. There was no pressure to buy and no rush to make a decision. I took a day to think it over and called back to buy my dress. The whole process was quite easy

Sent on 04/18/2014

Molly · Married on 10/28/2017

I ended up buying my dress at a sample sale here. They have a beautiful inventory.

Sent on 03/10/2017
  • User4193797 · 2+ years ago

I love this place and I'm so glad I found my dream wedding gown here. The service was above and beyond which made me feel like a million bucks. The place was cute and intimate and I wasn't overwhelmed with dresses.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Joshua · Married on 07/06/2013

Let me start by saying that I entered the wedding dress process with very low hopes. I set up the appointment so that it coordinated for visiting out-of-towners, but on the day of I was thinking "I should cancel--I don't even want to go anymore!!!" Fast forward to meeting Courtney at The White Flower and all my worries went away. It was the most amazing experience! The salon is appointment only so it's basically closed to all but your party, which gives you the attention you didn't know you wanted. Courtney was incredible, helping me try things on in my price range and putting me in a variety of styles and shapes so I could truly get an idea of what I liked on me, as opposed to what I thought I liked based on magazine photos. It was really fun trying new things, and Courtney would add a lace strap or a sash or some other touch that helped me see the potential in each dress.

When I found "the dress," Courtney was excited for me, but very low pressure. She didn't try to force a sale (although we ended up buying it that day anyhow), unlike some other salons I had been to with friends. The following fitting process was easy and the seamstress was a genius--she took up what I thought was an impossible hem in a way that I never even knew it had been altered. The one star off on "Flexibility" is that fittings only take place Wednesday evenings and Saturdays, so they book up pretty quickly.

Overall, I loved my experience (and my dress!) and I am kind of sad that I don't get to visit the salon anymore. Then again, you might just see me slowly walking by the salon and gazing at the gorgeous dresses in the windows. =)

Sent on 07/17/2013

Kathryn · Married on 12/28/2012

I loved working with Courtney and the girls. They were always so warm and helpful. I came here after going to so many different stores in San Diego. Even though I saw really beautiful dresses in those stores, I always checked Yelp after to see how they are on the follow through with service and final quality. What I've found so far is that The White Flower has the best and most consistent reviews. At that time, their stock was a bit pricey but for the experience, peace of mind, and the beautiful collection, I think it's worth it. Now I know they added more affordable lines. They are very responsive, accommodating and really very helpful. I recommend working with them.

Sent on 12/13/2012

Amanda · Married on 06/24/2012

Gorgeous Dress Selection. Great Owner. The hours are by appointment only so it can be hard to get in touch with them, but I always had to meet late in the evening and she was willing to work with me. Be prepared to spend some money; quality isn't cheap!

Sent on 08/20/2012

Jessica · Married on 05/12/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Courtney and her shop. I was one of those brides who could not seem to find "the dress" after trying on many dresses in many stores. I had really liked Courtney's store after I first visited and although I did not find the dress on my first visit, she was more than willing to let me come back for another appointment and look again. She is extremely patient and helpful, and did not pressure me at all. Just talking with her made me feel less stressed out about finding my dress. I felt like she honestly wants every bride to find that perfect dress, even if it is not at her store. They have beautiful dresses, and although their designers are a little more expensive, they do have some that are still reasonable and sometimes you can get samples as well.

I was even able to customize my dress a little bit and made it a strapless sweetheart rather than the v-neck straps, and in the end when my dress arrived and I got to try it on, it was exactly what I wanted! Her alterations people do an amazing job and although the dress was a little big when it arrived, it fit absolutely perfect after the alterations, it looked like it was designed just for me. Throughout the whole process, Courtney and the other girls working at her store were a pleasure to work with, and were always responsive in getting back to me and answering any and all questions I had. If you are searching for your wedding dress and her store is within your budget you MUST check it out.

Sent on 06/28/2012

Great selection of quality gowns, large variety of styles and price points. The owner and the staff are extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable and they bent over backwards to make my dream gown a reality.

Sent on 09/22/2013

Caroline · Married on 10/28/2012

After trying on over 100 dresses all over San Diego, Orange County, and Los Angeles, I bought my dress at The White Flower. My experience there was wonderful.

I had 2 appointments there before I finally decided on a dress. And I came back to "visit my dress" and also for 3 fittings. Each time I dealt with a different salesperson and Courtney was there most of the time. They were always very helpful and pleasant to work with. They never pressured me to buy anything and even told me that if I waited a few weeks for the trunk show, I would get a discount, which is what I ended up doing.

I felt that they were honest with me when they gave me their opinions because when it came down to a choice between wearing an accessory from their store or an accessory from somewhere else, they would often tell me they preferred the accessory I got elsewhere.

The boutique itself is small but beautiful. The selection of dresses tends to be on the more mainstream side, which is typical of small boutiques. That being said, I didn't want a typical dress and I still found my perfect dress there.

Their dresses are mostly in the $2,000-$5,000 range.

Fittings are only scheduled on weekdays. No weekend or evening appointments for fittings unless you want to drive to the seamstress' house. Alteration fees were paid directly to the seamstress and she charged a flat rate, which I liked because I didn't feel like I was being charged for each little thing she did. And the seamstress was very willing to make the changes I wanted. And you don't have to use their seamstress if you don't want to.

The bottom line is they have a small but good selection of dresses. They were very helpful before AND AFTER I made my purchase. My dress arrived on time, the fittings were done on time and not at a rushed pace, and my dress looked amazing.

Sent on 01/28/2013

I went there 3 different times and every time I had a great experience. They gave great advice and helped me pick out the dress of my dreams. Amazing boutique!

Sent on 11/16/2015

4.2
      3.0

I loved Courtney (owner) and she helped me think outside the box - presented me with a completely different dress than I'd envisioned, and it ended up being the one. And she informed me of a trunk show a few months later that would take 25% off the dress, so I ended up buying then and saving a ton!

Unfortunately I was a NYC bride getting married in San Diego, so it was harder to stay in contact with them being so far away. I would have loved a little more information about timing of the dress, and timing of the ordering, since it was ordered over a month after I called to purchase. Would probably not be an issue for a local bride:)

Sent on 06/03/2014
  • Jenny

Gee · Married on 09/04/2014

2.0

I purchased my Lea Ann Belter gown during a sample sale in December 2013 and the gown was all that plus much more! It was most definitely the dreamiest gown a girl could ever ask for and I knew it the minute I put it on! As cliché as that sounds – and everyone tells you that you’ll just know – you really Just. Do.

Should you plan on purchasing your dress or coming to try on dresses at the White Flower, make an appointment. They're always busy but they definitely have the most beautiful selection of gowns in San Diego to choose from - trust me, I went to a few different places between San Diego and LA! They were also very prompt in returning my calls and answered all the questions I had for them. My only hang-up is that I read so many great reviews about the White Flower about the impeccable service they offered to those who purchased a gown at their boutique but I feel that the service I received was slightly different and I assume this because I purchased it during one of their sample sales. I really wish that I got that A-star treatment other patrons mentioned in their reviews but I only felt “special” in that sense when I actually purchased the gown. Maybe it was really busy that day but when someone is looking for the dress of their dreams, every girl wishes for the type of “pretty woman” experience that goes along with finding THE gown…and minimizing that experience ‘cus one decided to purchase it during a sample sale shouldn’t really matter. We all know that everyone has a budget and we shouldn’t be treated differently for it. Please don't get me wrong - the ladies were all very helpful but I didn’t like feeling rushed or less important than the girl in the next fitting room. I gave them a 4 out of 5 on value but let's be real, they sell high-end gowns, don't come here looking for a cheap gown - reality is, they're a BOUTIQUE.

Don't be afraid to make an appointment with them - you might just find THE gown of your dreams!

Sent on 10/02/2014

3.8
      3.5

The ladies here are amazing! The boutique is appointments only. When you have your appointment, you're assigned to one of the girl who help you look for the dress and helps you in and out of each dress! There's 2 side to the store. One side is $2500 and up and the other side is below. They're all very friendly and professional. Highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/15/2015

1.6
      2.0
      3.0
      1.5
      1.0
      1.0

Originally this vendor was great. Once I received my dress this turned into a nightmare. The staff was rude, insulting, and very unprofessional. Long story short they gave me the wrong dress but tried to play it off like it was correct. The original dress I had tried on was custom made for another Bride and they failed to disclose this. After spending a ridiculous amount of money on fittings (almost the same price as the actual dress). they finally caved and let me swap out the dress for a different sample. Still not what I was envisioning, but it worked. Overball, businesses can make mistakes but it is the way that you handle the mistakes. They were so rude, yelled at me, my mom, and my Bridesmaids. Not unitl the very end was there an apology. Every person has the right to feel beautiful in their wedding dress and due to the insults given, I did not get that. Overall everything worked out but they should have been way nicer and more professional in a situation that was not my fault.

Sent on 04/23/2015

Sheila · Married on 04/14/2017

1.4
      0.5

Natalie & Brittany truly helped me in finding the one and made the whole experience memorable.I found out I was pregnant a month later.

Courtney, the owner of this Boutique calls me and tells me over the phone that she is going to be blunt with me and tells me that the dress will not look good on me. There is no way she will work with me to try to fix it and that the seamstress has already told her that will not work with me. Courtney continues berating me recommending me to lose the deposit that we had paid already for the dress and to start looking for a new dress. I was shocked she said this, throw away nearly $900? Like nothing? No. Listening to her outrageous suggestions to also payoff the whole dress and try to sell to a bridal boutique, but be ready to lose a huge chunk of money on the dress if doing so, I was devastated.

She discriminated against me for being pregnant and bullied me the whole time on the phone, during the time I picked up my dress and tried it on. For an owner to treat me, a customer, like this is unacceptable! Be careful going here! I was discriminated and bullied by Courtney the owner.

Sent on 09/12/2017