The Wheeler House Reviews

159 | Ball Ground, GA

159 Reviews for The Wheeler House

Amanda · Married on 03/22/2014

The Wheeler House was a beautiful venue! AI have heard nothing but great things from all of my guests! Karen was awesome! She went out of her way to make the day perfect! I cant imagine a more gorgeous venue! I would highly recommend The Wheeler House!!!

Sent on 04/03/2014

Martha · Married on 09/15/2013

This venue was perfect for my daughter's wedding. We were pleased in every way and everyone was helpful and responsive. We couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 12/24/2013

Truddy · Married on 05/18/2013

Awesome place! Awesome group of people to work with! As mother of the bride this was a wonderful experience with a beautiful venue and such a wonderful and helpful owner and staff to work with! I highly recommend you check this place out if you are looking for a memory in the making.

Sent on 05/20/2013

The Wheeler House's reply:

Thank you! It was a pleasure to work with all of you. You have become like family and we enjoyed every minute!

Brandy · Married on 12/30/2012

Everything was beautiful! I would not change a thing. We had a black and white wedding with splashes of red... Debbie and Lee ( planner and owner) had wonderful suggestions to add onto my own ideas. I didn't feel, to do something that they suggested that I didn't want. They also had vases already so I had to buy floating candles and that was it for the centerpieces! I love hanging lights and chandeliers and the arbor with the drapes are just the right touch. Thank you again to Lee and Debbie, with all my love!

Sent on 01/09/2013
  • Lydia

Lydia · Married on 11/17/2012

Is a lovely place for a wedding all of the staff was great an so very helpful. And they made our special day great. I did not have to worry about a thing. Loved the Wheeler House in Balllgroung ga.

Sent on 01/09/2013
  • Bayleigh

Bayleigh · Married on 11/10/2017

Absolutely the best decision we made was to have our wedding at the Wheeler House. With everything included in the package you won't be disappointed. Laura was a dream to work with throughout the entire process and made everything so easy and laid back. She thought of all the little things I hadn't and made sure our dream became a reality. The day of our wedding could not have been more perfect - we are so thankful to the entire Wheeler House team for all of their hard work. Oh, and renting the cottages down the road was great. It made getting ready the next day so easy and relaxing. Definitely rent those if you can!

Sent on 11/20/2017

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Bayleigh! Thank you for your kind words! Talk about a beautiful fall wedding! We are still swooning over your big day! The flowers, dress, colors, everything was just beautiful! Congratulations again to you and Ryan!

Rachel · Married on 01/07/2017

I cannot tell you how much I loved this venue! I knew I loved the place before I even visited and in person it's ten times better. The staff is quick to respond to any questions or concerns, very professional, and made sure my day was perfect. The whole process from signing the contracts, to the wedding day itself was smooth and easy. Laura and the rest of the Wheeler House staff took care of so many details that I would be lost without them! I would recommend purchasing the onsite cottages for the weekend, they're roomie, super adorable and it made for an unforgettable weekend with family and the bridal party. I could go on and on about how much I loved the Wheeler House and all that they provided and done for my big day, not to mention every person I spoke to at the reception raved about how beautiful the place was and how it was one of the best weddings they have attended! It's worth every penny!

Sent on 01/22/2017

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Rachel! Thank you SO much for your sweet words! I wish we could go back to your wedding day because it was simply magical! The snow was not a threat just an added bonus because the photos were AMAZING! Enjoy your happily ever after beautiful bride!

We could not be happier with how our wedding turned out at the Wheeler House. Our families and guests all were impressed with the venue and thought it was unique and classy. We loved the flexibility the Wheeler House provided, especially on the wedding day in allowing us to make last minute decisions/changes. Laura was great to work with and very responsive to any questions/concerns. Her presence as day of coordinator made all the difference in having our day run smoothly. We highly recommend the Wheeler House to anyone looking for a unique and laid back event!

Sent on 05/09/2015

Alyson · Married on 10/03/2014

We are so happy we chose The Wheeler House for our wedding venue. The venue is absolutely stunning and the staff was accommodating, professional, and flexible. They truly wanted our day to be what we wanted it to be, and they did everything they could to make it so. Karen, our Wheeler House coordinator, was wonderful. She was on top of everything and made sure everything ran smoothly without being intrusive. We had such a blast and would recommend The Wheeler House to anyone looking to get married at a charming venue with an equally charming staff.

Sent on 10/12/2014

Corinne · Married on 05/14/2016

My husband and I were married at TWH last May and I cannot say enough wonderful things about the venue! The entire staff was super helpful and really supportive throughout the entire planning process. The day of was perfect and I owe a lot of that to the coordinators. Every detail was planned and perfectly executed the day of. The venue itself was beautiful and I loved having the experience of the outdoor ceremony and the indoor reception. I recommend this venue to every bride looking for the perfect venue to spend the most important day of your life!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Grace · Married on 05/08/2015

I loved this venue! I can't compliment the responsiveness of this venue enough! They were always so quick to email me back. They were always ready to answer and questions and to help make this the best day possible for me. I love the package that we got. I think it was a great value. It also helped that the venue is already so decorated with the string lights, chandeliers, and draping. I found that I had much less need for decorations than I think most other brides!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Megan · Married on 04/25/2015

Our wedding at The Wheeler House turned out absolutely perfect. There was a 60% chance of rain all day, and Kaleigh was very flexible and allowed us to make the final call right before the ceremony to have it outside as originally planned. The Wheeler House allowed us to bring in our own decorations, which helped make the wedding very personal. They also have an in-house caterer, Talk of the Town, which all of our guests loved! Throughout the planning process we had three meetings at the venue and Kaleigh helped us map out the floor plan and day of time line. The wedding turned out better than we could have ever dreamed of! I would highly recommend The Wheeler House to anyone looking for an outdoor/barn venue in North Georgia!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Lynn · Married on 08/09/2014

The Wheeler House is a beautiful wedding venue in the North GA mountains. It includes a beautiful old house built in the 1800's, an outdoor arbor for ceremonies, and a huge brand new barn built especially for weddings/receptions. The wedding packages include a wedding coordinator/planner, outdoor string lighting, chandeliers, draping (both in the arbor and the barn). It is truly a magnificent venue and you must see it in person to appreciate it I think. We had my daughter's wedding here, even though we live in Alabama. The staff made it easy for us to coordinate everything long distance. What an awesome experience!

Sent on 08/12/2014

The Wheeler House was an excellent place to have our wedding. They were so helpful in the planning process, were attentive to every detail, and made sure that the wedding was a true reflection of us. They were great with recommending caterers and other stellar vendors that suited our needs and desires. We loved all of the staff that we worked with. They were helpful, proactive, professional, and fun! I loved having the coordinator there the day of the wedding and working with her throughout the whole process. Overall, wedding planning was easy, manageable, and fun with The Wheeler House. The property is gorgeous and dreamy and the service truly was fantastic. It made a perfect day for us!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Katie · Married on 06/20/2015

Wonderful venue! Other than its beauty, the staff is so helpful!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Kelsey · Married on 11/02/2014

3.0

Beautiful venue, I loved the mingling of different styles between the house, yard and barn. So many good places for pictures. Laura and Karen were extremely helpful and professional. Overall kind of pricey and it's frustrating to find more and more small charges added on from decorations to cake cutting to signs. But it was definitely a beautiful day and I'm really glad we chose the venue.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Meghan · Married on 07/20/2014

The Wheeler House was the perfect venue for our wedding! It combined everything I ever wanted in a venue- classic, Southern, historic, rustic, elegant, and simple. This venue was so beautiful and even despite our cloudy day, the venue was gorgeous! Karen was a huge help throughout the process and did a great job the day of with the flow of events and making sure everyone and everything was in its place. We were very pleased with our day and this venue fit my husband and I to a tee!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Kady · Married on 06/28/2014

The Wheeler House is a beautiful venue and worked with us to create the wedding that I have always dreamed of having! Karen is very professional and will help you create the look you want.

Sent on 07/06/2014

Amy · Married on 04/17/2016

Overall, the Wheeler did a great job in helping us to plan our wedding. Everyone who works there is very nice and really want to help make your day yours. They have a fairly strict contract but for good reason and they really are willing to work with you on some things. Amber, who was our coordinator, was absolutely fantastic! She was so helpful, organized and super friendly; I can't say enough how much we appreciated her and her hard work. We ended up having a great time at our wedding and really appreciated all the help from the Wheeler House. They offer packages which helps to save money, but you are also able to trade out vendors with whoever you want without a penalty fee. You can also bring in your own alcohol (huge money saver) and the Wheeler house has their own bartenders. One thing we had a hard time with was only being able to be on the venue site 2 hours before the ceremony, but in the end it worked out just fine.
    Overall it was great and we got a ton of compliments on our wedding! :-)

Sent on 05/03/2016

Katy · Married on 08/01/2015

Wonderful experience all around.

Sent on 08/14/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/13/2015

This was a gorgeous venue to be married at! The grounds were well groomed and the small touches with the flowing white sheer sheets and chandeliers perfectly placed made for some amazing pictures. We had a little mishap with our photographer knowing when to be at the venue but that was worked out and all went smoothly day of the wedding. Most of our vendors were preferred by the Wheeler House and all were exceptional.

Sent on 07/05/2015

Sarah · Married on 09/05/2015

4.2
      3.5

We loved having our reception at the Wheeler House! Everything was exactly as we had pictured it, and then some. The only negative is that the package cost was a little pricey, and we felt bad having my parents pay it. Maybe provide multiple package options in the future for couples to choose from. Other than that, it really was our dream venue!

Sent on 09/24/2015
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 11/11/2017

4.2

We were so pleased with our wedding at The Wheeler House! It's a gorgeous, multi-layered venue that offers charm that many wedding venues simply don't have. Between the brick arbor, the gorgeous refined barn, and the historic home, there's a little something for everyone at this venue.

The Wheeler House also offers a fantastic package that makes wedding planning (and vendor finding) so much easier, especially if you are planning a wedding remotely (like we did). Advising on catering, the DJ, the cake, and including a wedding planner is a huge plus.

The one critique we had with the venue is its lack of flexibility. For the price of the venue (which is a deal), you're given limited access to the venue before the wedding. Additionally, the provided wedding planner is more of a high-level coordinator, who manages your vendors, etc., rather than someone to help you with day of things like arranging any last minute decor. However, the staff on the day of our wedding was so professional and really made the day go more smoothly than we could have ever hoped!

I would absolutely recommend The Wheeler House to anyone getting married in the North Georgia area. It was a dream to have our special day there.

Sent on 12/19/2017

Ciara · Married on 11/01/2014

3.0
      3.5

This venue is beautiful and the staff/coordinator do an amazing job. However, some of the pricing for certain line items seem out of proportion, and overall we felt nickel and dimed a bit. The day of our wedding was beautiful and perfectly smooth. Very memorable and perfect for your wedding if you can afford it!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Kimberly · Married on 08/16/2014

The Wheeler House turned out to be the most beautiful place for us to have our wedding. I don't think anything could have made it more perfect for us on our wedding day. I definitely recommend The Wheeler House to anyone who wants a memorable time, it was everything we could have ever asked for. Thank you!

Sent on 08/24/2014