The Wheeler House Reviews

The Wheeler House 6
The Wheeler House 7

Savannah Gower · Married on 11/04/2018

A dream come true!

The Wheeler House was absolutely perfect! Laura was our coordinator and was so quick to respond to emails, answered any and all of our questions and made sure things went off without a hitch! They handle everything you can think of and go above and beyond to make sure things are perfect.

Mackenzie · Married on 09/22/2018

All I Can Say Is WOW

I cannot get over how perfect the Wheeler House was for our wedding. Not only is the staff incredible, but the venue itself is stunning. We got married there in September and we couldn't have chosen a better place to celebrate this milestone with our friends and family. Our Wheeler House wedding coordinator Laura was so helpful and extremely organized throughout the whole process. She helped us plan our dream wedding and kept us on track with deadlines. She made great suggestions and had very helpful ideas for our wedding day that my husband and I had not even thought of. The Wheeler House staff was also very good at directing the wedding party, the guests, and the vendors which made the wedding day go very smoothly. Overall we were very pleased with everything. The vendors that are associated with the Wheeler House were incredible as well. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue; 10/10.

The Wheeler House 9

Col · Married on 09/21/2018

Nothing short of perfect!!!! Food was fabulous, Ashley was fabulous, it was all fabulous!!!

Caroline · Married on 09/15/2018

Everything was absolutely perfect. My husband and I could not have been happier with our experience at The Wheeler House. Laura was WONDERFUL. She always answered all of my questions and provided assistance on the day of whenever it was needed. On our day, it rained right when our ceremony was supposed to begin. Laura and her team wiped the chairs off at least 10 times. Once it finally stopped, Laura had all of our guest seated and ready to go ASAP. She also helped to keep me calm while I secretly panicked inside. It was WONDERFUL!!!! The catering team was also amazing. They were constantly asking my husband and I if we needed anything. I would definitely recommend The Wheeler House.

Erika · Married on 08/25/2018

I CAN'T SAY IT ENOUGH! THIS WAS LITERALLY THE BEST VENUE EVER!!!! We had the pleasure of working with Laura and she is responsive, so sweet, detail oriented, and surely didn't skip a beat. Everything was perfection! The Wheeler House is in our opinion a truly HIDDEN GEM with true souther charm! We are from New Jersey and ALL of our guests except for 2 flew out to Atlanta to be with us and completely RAVED about how beautiful it was! It is versatile as it has an outdoor area that will be decorated beautifully where you can host the cocktail hour and your ceremony, the barn where the reception takes place and where you could also have your ceremony, and the house, which is so beautiful and great for pics and includes the bridal suite (which is fab! has the origInal bathtub in the center, which made for AMAZING PICTURES) You just have to go see it! Everything was so beautiful, unique, romantic, charming, truly a fairytale wedding is what our guests said! Oh and the food, i'll just say that people are still raving about it! They have a packaged deal which is so amazing and efficient. I literally could not have asked for a more perfect venue with an amazing staff!

The Wheeler House 10
    The Wheeler House 11
    The Wheeler House 12
  • Summer

Summer · Married on 08/25/2018

Best. Day. Ever.

If I could Brides-to-Be one piece of advice it’d be to book the Wheeler House and ensure Laura is your coordinator! I honestly had low expectations about my wedding, simply because I wasn’t feeling very bridal throughout the process. I knew it would be beautiful at the Wheeler House, but I expected to be stressed and the process to be hard and just not fun. However, I was wrong! My new husband and I had a BLAST at our wedding. The entire day ran smoothly; it was so easy for me and my bridesmaids, and was so much fun! I give the Wheeler House and it’s incredible staff full credit for this! My wedding wouldn’t have been as beautiful, as wonderful or as much fun without Laura and her team. My guests keep telling me that my wedding was the most fun wedding they’ve been to… which makes my heart happy… but I can’t take any of the credit.

The staff went above and beyond to make this day perfect for us. They made wedding planning and day of execution so easy. I knew at our first planning meeting that we were in good hands. Laura is one of the most helpful, kind, understanding, organized, efficient, sweet and wonderful persons I’ve ever met. She was my wedding fairy godmother. She was so patient with us, went with the flow when we needed to make changes, gave us suggestions when needed and offered lots and lots of encouragement. I could keep going on and on about her. She was a true blessing to our families and helped make our wedding day the BEST DAY EVER. By the end of it all, she felt like a true friend to us. We are so grateful to Laura, and she will always hold a special place in my heart.

My wedding day far exceeded my expectations. It truly was a dream day… and that’s coming from a bridal skeptic. I honestly didn’t feel “bridal” until the rehearsal with Laura at the venue…. But then it all came together. We can never repay Laura and the Wheeler House team for everything they did for us.

The Wheeler House is a beautiful venue that has weddings mastered. You can rest easy knowing the staff will take care of you and your guests to ensure everything is absolutely amazing on your special day. Plus their packages make wedding planning a breeze- and the vendors rock! We got so many compliments on our food and our cake. We’re SO happy we chose the Wheeler House for our wedding!

I’m happy to provide references or answer any questions you may have about this great venue. Look me up on social media if you want to chat: Summer Nix Carnes. To all the future Wheeler House brides: Best wishes- Enjoy your day!

The Wheeler House 13
    The Wheeler House 14
    The Wheeler House 15
    The Wheeler House 16

Taylor · Married on 08/18/2018

Best Venue!

My husband and I live out of state and had to plan the majority of our wedding via email and Facetime. Laura and Ashley were so incredible and made sure that all of my questions were answered immediately, making me feel so much better about planning from so far away. Ashley was our coordinator for the day of the wedding and worked so hard to make sure our day went off without a hitch despite the tight schedule we were on and the bad weather. The venue itself is stunning and the team of vendors they include in your package are worth so much more than you actually pay! Our food was incredible and the cake was the best cake we've ever had! It was definitely so nice to know that a team of trusted vendors were included and knew exactly what to do. We can't recommend The Wheeler House enough!

The Wheeler House 17
    The Wheeler House 18

Danielle · Married on 08/11/2018

We had a great experience working with the Wheeler House! Laura was our coordinator and she was amazing. They best part of The Wheeler House was that almost everything was included in the package and they have cottages you can rent close by. My family and entire bridal party stayed in the cottages and it was perfect for getting ready. The venue itself is gorgeous and all of our pictures were even prettier because of the awesome backgrounds. The food was incredible and many people have commented to me that it was the best food they have had at a wedding. What I appreciated most about the Wheeler House and their staff is that everyone was so willing to help and never made our wedding seem like it wasn't a top priority even though they have so many other weddings going on. Laura is professional, friendly, personable, and really knows her stuff. I would highly recommend the Wheeler House to anyone getting married! Thanks for everything!

The Wheeler House 19
    The Wheeler House 20

Liz · Married on 07/15/2018

Laura was great! Everyone was very courteous and professional.

MaryAnne · Married on 07/14/2018

First of all, The Wheeler House and their staff are absolutely amazing!! From the moment I stepped onto the property I fell in love with this venue. The outdoor ceremony area is just beautiful and the barn is perfect!! The packages that they offer make it so much easier to plan a wedding, we absolutely loved all of the vendors included. Our guests can't stop talking about how amazing the food and cake was and how fun the DJ was, we are just so happy we picked The Wheeler House for our special day! Ashley was our coordinator and I cannot say enough great things about her. She is so nice and gave such good advice during the planning process and was the real MVP on our wedding day. She made sure everything ran smoothly and made sure we had water and food, she was just awesome!! I HIGHLY recommend this venue, you will not be dissapointed with The Wheeler House!

Chelsea · Married on 06/16/2018

The Wheeler House is absolutely beautiful and the staff is incredible. Laura met with us when we came to see the venue and Ashley was our coordinator and both were incredible! My wedding was just perfect due to the amazing staff! I am still gushing with love for this place!

• Sydney

Sydney · Married on 06/09/2018

I would give The Wheeler House 1000+ stars if it would let me! The Wheeler House is a dream! The staff is incredible, they go above and beyond to make your whole experience unforgettable. I can never repay them for making it so perfect and special for us! Laura was our planner and we will never forget how loved and important she made us feel, even down to the hand written congratulations letter on our wedding day, she is one of a kind! The grounds are gorgeous and pictures do not do it justice. From the getting ready space inside the house, to the ceremony site, the brick pavers down the aisle and the reception, it is all so so so beautiful. Getting married at the Wheeler House was an easy decision for us from the first moment we stepped on the property. This place will always hold a very special place in our hearts. I highly encourage anyone and everyone to check it out. Every couple deserves the magical day the Wheeler House gave us on our special day!

The Wheeler House 21
    The Wheeler House 22
    The Wheeler House 23
    The Wheeler House 24
    The Wheeler House 25
    The Wheeler House 26
    The Wheeler House 27

Morgan · Married on 05/27/2018

I can not say enough great things about The Wheeler House. Ashley was my coordinator and she KILLED IT! On her own wedding week too! Let me start at the beginning of the weekend, Rehearsal was Saturday morning and she was up early looking great and gave such great directions for my WHOLE CREW, we have 8 parents between the two of us so it was a lot. After our rehearsal lunch at Fainting Goat Vineyard, we came back to the cottages for an easy night with the whole bridal party and parents. All of our best friends in one place getting to know each other better made my heart so full! And no one had to worry about driving up to the venue early on the actual wedding day or finding a missing bridesmaid. Having everyone at the cottages was so special! BOOK THE COTTAGES! Now onto the BIG DAY, my wedding was everything I could ever want and more. Showing up on the day of everything was so easy, all the girls and mothers got there early to get hair/makeup and TWH allowed us to keep food and drinks in the kitchen in the main house to keep us from starving all day. Ashley had a handle on everything all-day! I knew I didn't want to do anything on my wedding day and I didn't have to do a thing AND the only thing anyone from my bridal party had to do was set up the gift table and guest book... SUPER EASY! Overall I had a fantastic day getting ready with my ladies, had a minor freak out because boys were a second late but Ashley and the team of photo&video stepped in and we ended up ahead of schedule for the entire night!!! Overall, the most perfect wedding ever (I know I'm bias) but The Wheeler House venue and staff is everything and more that any wedding needs! I have not stopped hearing from everyone how gorgeous the venue is and no one even noticed the staff because they were all so sharply dressed and looked like they were attending a wedding! The whole staff at the wheeler house and the vendors that they work with were like tiny fairies that make your dreams come true.

Mackenzie · Married on 05/25/2018

Ashley and the staff were so helpful throughout the entire process. They made planning our wedding in three months a breeze and as stress free as possible. I will forever recommend The Wheeler House to anyone and everyone. I'd give them 6 stars if I could!

BriAnn · Married on 05/19/2018

Laura and The Wheeler House staff were absolutely wonderful to work with; from our first tour to our planning meetings, I couldn’t have asked for more. Our wedding day couldn’t have gone any better, and I am so thankful I was able to experience my dream wedding with The Wheeler House!!

The Wheeler House 28
    The Wheeler House 29
    The Wheeler House 30

K · Married on 04/22/2018

The Wheeler House made our wedding vision come to life. Ashley was our coordinator and she was AMAZING! She was there for every step of the way and made our wedding day flow so smoothly. Even though it rained and we had to move the ceremony from the outside arbor to the barn, it was still everything we imagined it would be. We used the DJ, caterer, and cake vendor that came with our package, and all of our guest raved about them. We highly recommend The Wheeler House for your wedding ceremony and reception.

Meagan · Married on 04/08/2018

I couldn’t have been happier with choosing The Wheeler House for my recent wedding!! I had searched many venues, but this one was unique in its affordable price AND super all-inclusive offer. We couldn’t believe how much they take care of: coordinating, tables & chairs, catering, cake, DJ, MC and sound, and everything is on the same property for ceremony and reception, with options for indoor and outdoor in case of rain! It made planning our wedding so much more enjoyable, without the stress of dealing with multiple vendors and trying to make sure everyone arrived on time. The Wheeler House staff were so friendly, accommodating, and on top of things. Laura did an amazing job helping us plan our timeline and was there for the whole event to make sure things flowed smoothly. The only caveat is the town has a noise curfew of 10pm so the event has to end then. However this worked in our favor so we didn’t feel pressure to stay up too late and could enjoy our wedding night with more rest! Highly recommend!! :)

The Wheeler House 31
    The Wheeler House 32
    The Wheeler House 33
    The Wheeler House 34
    The Wheeler House 35

Shannon · Married on 04/07/2018

Where do I begin? When I started touring venues, I was smitten by the Wheeler house because of its beautiful setting and convenience of ceremony and reception availability in one space. I’m very type-A, so I valued the ability to plan months advance with a rainy day backup plan, just in case. The team at the Wheeler House is an absolute DREAM to work with. I cannot say enough good things about Laura and Ashley! I worked specifically with Laura throughout the whole process, and we booked the venue 9 months from our wedding date. I asked a million questions over those 9 months, and she persistently got back to my emails within 24 hours. Laura is incredibly professional, attentive to detail, thorough, and sweet. She made the planning process stress-free and enjoyable! She asked me questions I’d never thought about, she ensured we had all the necessary information for the wedding day far in advance, and she helped ensure my wedding day went flawlessly. I didn’t have a wedding planner, but with myself, the Internet, and the help of Laura, I didn’t need one.

I can’t say enough positive things about The Wheeler House. I considered many other venues like The Barn at Tatum Acres and White Oaks Barn, but what sold me on the Wheeler House was not just the beautiful grounds. It was the incredible attention to detail, responsiveness, and knowledge of the staff members. It was the countless photo opps that the house, barn, and ceremony space contained. It was the flexibility of the team and the excitement they brought to each meeting! Everyone who works there loves their job and loves to see wedding days come to life and go perfectly, and they make planning an absolute breeze. If you’re even remotely considering the Wheeler House, tour it and you’ll be sold. It was the absolute perfect, ideal space for my wedding and I couldn’t be happier with my decision!

Sent on 04/19/2018
    The Wheeler House 36

The Wheeler House's reply:

Oh my gosh, Shannon, what a dream you were for us to work with! We so enjoyed getting to know you and Collin throughout your time with us and we are beyond thankful that you chose The Wheeler House in the end for your big day. We truly try to take care of all of the details as we want our brides to be as stress free as possible throughout the process and the engagement! We knew the wedding was going to be beautiful but wow - once we saw everything to come together on the day of it was breathtaking! We wish you and Collin many years of happiness!

Katie · Married on 03/31/2018

Where to even start? The Wheeler House offered the most perfect venue for our March wedding. The arbor is perfect, but having a back up indoor ceremony option that was able to accommodate our larger guest list was a must. Thankfully the weather wasn’t an issue on our day, but that was one of our initial draws to the Wheeler House, other than the beautiful venue itself. The Wheeler house team made wedding planning easy and stress free. Their packages offer the perfect amount of flexibility as well as structure to make the planning process an ease! I was planning a wedding from about three hours away, and the team was always so flexible and willing to work around my crazy work schedule (night shift nurse) and the distance problem as well. When my original florist up and moved four months before the wedding, the Wheeler House stepped in and made an awesome referral to Holland daze, and I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way! They made sure the day went off so smoothly and my husband and I were able to relax and enjoy our day instead of stressing about how it would unfold. Ashley was right there when we would need her and made sure everything stayed on time! They even let us arrange for my husband and I to eat dinner on the top front porch during cocktail hour to make sure we were able to eat without being bombarded with guests. Everyone who attended our wedding continues to compliment us on it! From the venue to the food to the music, they say it was the most fun wedding they’ve been to. And we’re a little biased, but we most certainly agree!

Sent on 04/26/2018

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Katie! Thank you so much for your sweet review! We truly strive to be able to accommodate any of our clients as we know everyone's schedules are different. You were such a joy to work with and the wedding was just stunning!! Congratulations once again and thank you for choosing The Wheeler House!

Victoria · Married on 03/30/2018

Laura was our wedding coordinator and she was amazing! She made the whole process so smooth and enjoyable. She was on top of every detail and was the best person to help guide us through the wedding planning stages. The Wheeler House is such a beautiful venue and we received so many compliments. Our wedding day was so magical!

Sent on 04/30/2018

The Wheeler House's reply:

Victoria, yes, your wedding was truly magical! We loved being able to play a small role in your big day! Thank you for choosing The Wheeler House!

Tiffany · Married on 03/24/2018

I spent weeks searching for the perfect venue when I stumbled across the Wheeler House. The reviews were wonderful and the pictures were stunning. After visiting and speaking with Laura, we knew it was the place for us! I look back on my wedding as the most beautiful day of my life. Laura took care of every detail for me, with care and patience. Our planning meetings leading up to the wedding left me feeling calm and prepared. The day of the wedding was everything I could have wanted. We opted to get the full day package and I loved getting ready with my girls in the bridal suite. Even when the weather turned dark and we had to move the ceremony inside, I was calm through it all because the barn was a gorgeous backdrop. In fact, I think it turned out even more beautiful than I anticipated. It’s one month later and my guests are still raving over my entrance with the beautiful barn doors. The fireplace made a breathtaking backdrop and the drapery added the perfect amount of romance.
    The vendors that work with The Wheeler House are also INCREDIBLE! The cake from Lush Cakery is so moist and better than the typical wedding cake. I have had numerous people tell me the cake was the best they have had. I also adored the DJs! The TC Show kept the dance floor packed, which was my goal for the night. Finally, Events by Dezine created the most delicious menu. I cannot tell you how many people messaged me to ask who catered because they loved it so much! The Wheeler House made my dream day a reality and I could not thank them enough.

Sent on 04/09/2018

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Tiffany! Thank you for leaving such sweet feedback for The Wheeler House. You were a dream to work with and your wedding was truly a fairy tale - so beautiful! We wish you guys nothing but the best and are so thankful you chose The Wheeler House!

McKenna · Married on 02/24/2018

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about our experience with this venue. From beginning to end, Ashley and Laura were both helpful, professional and overall rockstars. Not a single concern during planning went unaddressed and the day of was a breeze thanks to their hard work.

We used most of the preferred vendors and were ecstatic with the quality service provided to us. Although you are allowed to bring in whatever vendors you like, I would highly recommend using the ones provided by the venue. Believe me, they know what they’re doing!

No matter what season you’re wedding is, I can promise you the Wheeler House will look beautiful. They take excellent care of the property.

Also, the cottages are a unique addition to your wedding weekend and an absolute must! We had a bonfire there after the rehearsal dinner and it was a blast. Happy planning!

Sent on 04/25/2018

The Wheeler House's reply:

Sweet McKenna, thank you so much for your review! You had such a beautiful wedding and we are so lucky we were able to be a part of it. On top of the beauty of the wedding everyone had an awesome time! We've never seen so many people on the dance floor! ;)
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 02/10/2018

My wedding at The Wheeler House was beyond perfect! The staff is extremely helpful, and it was very evident that they know everything there is to know about wedding planning. They had thought of every last detail and made the planning and execution run smoothly. Amberly was very attentive, responded to my emails quickly, and made sure everything ran smoothly behind the scenes on the day of the wedding. I seriously didn't have to worry about lifting a finger or making any decisions on the day of my wedding; everything was completely taken care of! In addition to the amazing staff, the venue itself is absolutely stunning. The chandelier, fireplace, and drapery in the barn made for an absolutely gorgeous setting. The vendors used by The Wheeler House were amazing, as well. I had several people say my wedding food was the best wedding food they've ever had (especially the mac & cheese!), and the cake was delicious too! The DJ was lively and energetic and kept everyone dancing all night. Everything was seriously perfect; I can not say enough good things about this place! I highly recommend!!

The Wheeler House 37
    The Wheeler House 38

Sarah · Married on 12/16/2017

The Wheeler House was THE reason our wedding day was just perfect! From day one, they made the planning process so incredibly easy. They were always easy to reach and more than willing to answer any and all questions. When wedding weekend finally came, everything was seamless. From rehearsal, to set up, to orchestrating the entire event, they were fantastic! The staff was prepared, polite, and on top of it! I couldn't have asked for a better day. Oh, and the venue itself is STUNNING. Everyone raved about the barn and how gorgeous everything looked. I am so very glad we chose this venue and recommend it HANDS DOWN to anyone about to plan the best day of their lives!

Sent on 01/26/2018

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hi Sarah! Thank you so much for your review. We absolutely loved being able to be a part of your big day! Everything about your wedding was so beautiful and fun! And talk about a fun sendoff!! :)