The Wheeler House Reviews

171 Reviews for The Wheeler House

• Nina

Nina Idol · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Many thanks to The Wheeler House Team

Many thanks to Laiken, Laura and Ashley for their wonderful guidance, help, and support during the planning process of my son and new daughter's wedding this past weekend. They helped us organize DJ, Catering, Decorating, Photographer, Florist, the wedding cake, limo service...everything! And a very special shout out to Laiken who was there throughout the event coordinating everything on the day of. She was a pleasure to work with and went above and beyond to make our day perfect! In fact, all of the staff was helpful, fun, and on the ball. True professionals across the board! In addition, the venue is beautiful and their professional experience took so much stress off of the planning and made for a perfectly smooth wedding. Everything was fantastic. Our wedding party also enjoyed staying at the cabins which turned a one day event into a weekend get together full of memorable events we will never forget. Highly recommend the Wheeler House for your special day. I really don't think planning a wedding could be any easier or more beautiful. Thank you all! :)

Sent on 03/13/2020

The Wheeler House's reply:

Thank you, Nina! It was such an honor to be apart of Alex and Kaley's big day. Their wedding was absolutely stunning and you guys were a joy to be around!
  • Taylor

Taylor Hay · Getting married on 03/09/2022

Unknowlingly perfect day

My wedding day was a mess between covid-19, the weather not deciding what it wanted to do, and a bridesmaid emergency morning of. My wedding coordinator, Ashley, and her team, worked so hard to ensure that it went by as smooth as possible. While there was a lot going on in the background that wasn't supposed to, not one of my guests knew anything went wrong. The team at The Wheeler House ensured that I stayed calm and up to date and that my guests had a perfect day. As far as they are all concerned, it was a perfect wedding. And even with everything that happened, it truly was a perfect day for my husband and I.

Sent on 10/10/2020

Taylor,

Thank you for your sweet words! It was an absolute honor getting to host your beautiful wedding! Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your special day! You and your family were such a joy to work with. Best of wishes!
  • Rachel

Rachel Legere Laprad · Getting married on 10/11/2021

Amazing Wedding Venue!

They made our wedding day perfect! I rented a cottage down the road the night before my myself and my bridesmaids to get ready in, which made things super convenient. All of the girls there were so sweet, helpful and truly made my day a dream! Their preferred vendors (The TC Show, Events by Dezine, Perfection Confection) were amazing as well and made planning so much easier. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 12/26/2020

Samantha Hatch · Getting married on 08/09/2021

Best wedding venue

We absolutely loved The Wheeler House for our wedding! It was absolutely beautiful. The barn is stunning even with little to no decorations. The coordinators there are always available for questions and took care of EVERYTHING! The best part is that it's very affordable as their package includes DJ, cake, catering, coordinator, and bartender. Most venues have you choose your own vendors which gets pretty pricy! I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Samantha,

You are so kind! Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your special day! We loved everything about your beautiful wedding day! Best of wishes!
  • Paula

Paula Denton · Married on 01/05/2021

Dream Venue

The Wheeler House was a fairy-tale venue for my son’s wedding. The home was the backdrop of the most beautiful photographs and provided the old-time Southern country wedding my son’s bride had hoped for. Leading up to the wedding, our coordinator Laura was very attentive. I can’t say enough about how amazing Laura is! She was a delight to work with and is an absolute detailed-oriented professional. She thought of every detail. She put our minds at ease and she delivered the day of our event. I had many guests comment on how smoothly the event ran and how courteous everyone at The Wheeler House was. The staff on site the day of my son’s wedding were so helpful and accommodating. The wedding was on a day of record-breaking heat here in Georgia but the temperature in the barn was perfect even though it was scorching outside. Our guests were allowed access to the main floor of the beautiful historic home before the ceremony so they wouldn’t get overheated outside. The food was superb and the bartenders were very attentive. I would highly recommend The Wheeler House as a venue for anyone considering hosting their wedding there.

Sent on 06/04/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

We are so glad that you guys enjoyed having your wedding here at The Wheeler House and that the barn was accommodating to everyone's needs during the heat! Cheyenne and Cameron's wedding day was absolutely beautiful!

Cheyenne Denton · Married on 01/05/2021

Laura is the best!

Words cannot even begin to describe the amount of gratitude and love I have for The Wheeler House and its staff. From the historic house, to the outside ceremony space, to the gorgeous barn, everything is immaculate.
    While The Wheeler House is gorgeous, it would be nothing without the people who work tirelessly to ensure that each couple has the day of their dreams. Not only did TWH staff go above and beyond the day of our wedding, they went above and beyond from the moment we stepped foot on the property to tour. Laura was our wedding coordinator. I emailed her and spoke with her throughout our 10 months of planning what feels like 1000 times and she answered every phone call and email with what felt like joy in her heart. Every time I saw her she had a smile on her face and made my husband and I feel like we were the only couple she was working with. Our wedding day went perfectly, and if anything was wrong - I sure didn't hear about it. I wish that I could relive our wedding day over and over again. I cannot thank The Wheeler House staff and Laura enough for everything that they did for Cameron and I. We are forever grateful!

Sent on 06/05/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Cheyenne, that is so sweet of you! It was our honor to be a part of your big day and to ensure all your questions were answered!
  • Sarah

Sarah Michalek · Married on 11/12/2020

The Wheeler House

My Husband and I have lived in the Ball Ground area for a few years now. Every time we passed by The Wheeler House, we were in awe of it and dreamed of the day we could potentially get married there. Well, the day came and I immediately reached out to make an appointment to view the venue. It was the only venue we looked at and we signed the papers that day. The staff is amazing and SO HELPFUL! Our wedding day went so smoothy with the help of their staff. The venue itself is very simple and elegant. I am in awe of our special day. Now, every time we pass it, it will forever hold a special place in our heart. If you are considering getting married here, without a doubt DO IT!

Sent on 12/19/2020
  • Emily

Emily Payne · Married on 11/08/2020

Amazing Day!

Our wedding was on 11-8-2020 at The Wheeler House. Everything was amazing and absolutely perfect. The Wheeler House staff really went above and beyond in the planning process as well as the day of. They were always very quick to respond to any questions or any needs we had. They really made us feel like our day was just as important to them, as it was to us. We don’t have enough great things to say about them!

Sent on 11/22/2020

Alli · Married on 10/25/2020

Perfect!

I couldn’t have asked for a better venue for our big day!!!

Sent on 11/17/2020

Tori Hoffman · Married on 10/02/2020

The Wheeler House

The Wheeler House made sure our special was everything we wanted it to be and more! We couldn’t imagine starting our lives anywhere else! The staff was super helpful, sweet, and very attentive! We highly recommended this venue for any couple looking for a beautiful venue, stress free planning, and an amazing experience!

• Kailey

Kailey Alderman · Married on 09/26/2020

Alderman Newsome Wedding

The Wheeler House exceeded every expectation I had for our wedding. The first time I saw this venue was 6 years ago when I went with my sister for her wedding. From the moment I toured the grounds, I imagined my wedding there.

Ashley was fabulous in walking us through every step. The Wheeler House made planning stress-free with their preferred vendors. When we had trouble finding a vendor, Ashley was there to help.

Getting married in the 2020 pandemic brought more questions than usual, and Ashley walked us through every step. She was accommodating to the constant change of chairs being moved around because guests were backing out.

The day of the wedding flowed perfectly. We were lucky enough to have Ashley, but also we had the trainees Ashley and Bailey. Every second of our wedding day was about us and not about the minor details that were happening around. The staff took care of everything and our guests were amazed at how hard the staff worked and how every detail was perfectly considered. The Wheeler House thought of everything and mentioned all of the small things that I wouldn’t have thought about on my own. We had no surprises and just focused on our perfect day.

Kailey,

Thank you so much for you kind words! Hosting your wedding was such a blessing to us. Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your special day! Best of wishes to you and Kris!
  • Savannah

Savannah Warbington · Married on 09/19/2020

Warbington Wedding at The Wheeler House

The Wheeler House was the perfect venue for our wedding day!! From the very first email of interest to the last moment, they were amazing!! Having such an all inclusive package made wedding planning so easy & stress free - along with an exceptional day of coordinator and meetings leading up to the day. They made sure we had everything we wanted for our wedding while also leading us well in areas we weren’t sure about. The venue is absolutely beautiful & everything went so smoothly on the day of. I highly recommend any couple looking for a venue in north georgia to go with The Wheeler House!! Everything about our experience was amazing.

Sent on 11/08/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley Harris Groll · Married on 09/09/2020

Amazing experience

If I could do it over again I would do it the EXACT same- isn’t that what every Bride wants? Having my wedding at the Wheeler House was absolutely perfect and relatively stress free. I had a very busy year since getting engaged- graduating from veterinary school, starting a job, moving to a new city and unfortunately health issues. Laura and the Wheeler house made sure that my wedding was an enjoyable planning experience instead of another stressful thing I had to worry about. The all inclusive package is amazing- our guests are still talking about the food (esp the mashed potatoes), the cake and the DJ. Laura was an amazing resource and made sure everything ran smoothly on the day of. Our day was perfect and I can’t thank the Wheeler house enough. ALSO its BEAUTIFUL

Sent on 01/08/2020

The Wheeler House's reply:

You are so sweet, Ashley! Your September wedding was stunning down to the last detail and we are so fortunate that you chose our venue to bring your ideas to life. We wish you all the best and congrats on all your recent life changes!
  • Darla

Darla Hengst Moore · Married on 05/09/2020

Perfection!

I 100% recommend this venue for your wedding. The packages / plans they offer take care of the major decisions you'll need to make, which relieves a ton of stress. The venue is beautiful, the staff is incredibly helpful, their caterer is wonderful, the DJ was awesome...I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Katie

Katie Poe · Married on 03/28/2020

BEST people to work with!!!

I had a wedding scheduled during the beginning of COVID and they were so accommodating with finding me a new date!! When it came to my new date it was still during COVID but they made me and all my guest feel safe!! I couldn’t have asked for a better venue!

Sent on 07/16/2020
  • Torie

Torie Scalera · Married on 03/21/2020

1000% the best place to get married!!

My experience at the wheeler house was nothing but incredible! My now husband and I had the absolute best time! I honestly felt so spoiled during my wedding day! The wheeler house is absolutely one of the best places you can get married at and you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Luckey · Married on 03/07/2020

The wheeler house

They have been so professional and friendly throughout the whole process. Besides the fact that their venue is GORGEOUS, there are so prepared and answer each and every question. They make the process smoother and more exciting!

Sent on 09/14/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Thank you, Lauren! We had the best time helping figure out the details for your wedding and making sure everything the day of was perfect. Thank you guys for spending your special day with us!
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle Stuermer · Married on 02/22/2020

Stuermer+Bryan Wedding

We had our wedding at The Wheeler House in Ball Ground, GA on February 22, 2020 and were blown away by the overall experience. The venue was outstanding with provision of food, atmosphere, scenery, and staff hospitality. Laura, Ashley, and the rest of the staff were nothing but accommodating in preparation for our big day and during the celebration - we can’t praise them enough.

As a wedding venue we couldn’t fault anything. The recommended catering (Events by Dezine) was outstanding! We chose a truly mouthwatering ensemble, complete with sirloin strips, hand mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and the bella signature salad; paired with Swedish meatballs and pimento cheese tart appetizers. The Wheeler House flawlessly assisted our decision on what to serve our guests; and it is safe to say our they were not disappointed - as no food was left behind.

During our winter celebration – we had the choice to use the house for cocktail hour, but due to the size of our guest list and the chill of the February air, we opted to use the barn. Even though the cocktail hour and reception were held in the same building, The Wheeler House provided an exquisitely different ambiance for the two where our guests could enjoy drinks and each other’s company with plenty of space and warmth.

The venue played a huge part in the success of our celebration and the amount of our guests who are still talking about your venue is testament to that.

Sent on 04/03/2020

The Wheeler House's reply:

Thank you so much, Gabrielle! You were such a joy to work with and we loved everything about your winter wedding. I am so glad you guys had a wonderful experience with us! Your pictures are absolutely flawless!

Brenna Sansing · Married on 01/11/2020

The Wheeler House is magical!

Every aspect of our wedding plan & day was absolutely stunning and wonderful.

Sent on 02/07/2020

The Wheeler House's reply:

Thank you so much, Brenna! We loved everything about your wedding day. Truly a beautiful time we were so lucky to be a part of!

Hanna Davenport · Married on 12/01/2019

The most perfect venue in north ga!!

The wheeler house was my dream venue. My coordinator Ashley made my experience stress free and made our wedding day run so smoothly. I can’t thank them enough for helping me and giving me the best day ever. Not to mention it’s the most beautiful venue around. I’m so glad I booked the wheeler house!

Sent on 02/03/2020

The Wheeler House's reply:

You and your wedding were a vision, Hanna! We were so thrilled to be a part of your wedding day. We wish you guys the best!

Kelsey Kitts · Married on 10/19/2019

October 19, 2019

I got married at The Wheeler House in October 2019. I truly had the best wedding thanks to The Wheeler House and especially Ashley. She was available to answer any questions at any time throughout the wedding planning process making it incredibly easy and took a lot of stress away. I was an out of state bride and they made everything so easy to plan from far away. The vendors they have chosen to work with are equally incredible. The day of the wedding there was a storm and Ashley completely took care of everything for me and had a backup plan inside the barn. I fully believe it was more beautiful than the original plan I had for outside and for that I will always be grateful for her! The Wheeler House will always be a special place for my husband and I and it was such a magical night. I would 100% recommend this venue!

I also recommend renting the Cottages as well, it made our weekend even better and our friends LOVED them!!

Sent on 11/26/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Kelsey, it was such an honor to be involved in your wedding day! The barn ceremony turned out absolutely gorgeous and we are so happy to hear that you guys had a great experience!

Kelsey · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing First Class Experience

We had our wedding here this past October and it was an absolute dream. Our coordinator Ashley was fantastic and made sure the day went off without a hitch and was the 'woman behind the scenes.' The included vendors (food, DJ, cake, bartenders) were amazing our guests raved about the service/food/bartenders throughout the night. We were worried about our wedding having to end at 10 (noise ordinance in Ball Ground) but we added on an extra hour to the front end so it was honestly the PERFECT amount of time. Highly recommend renting the cottages down the road for the weekend. We hosted our rehearsal dinner there on Friday night, catered in food, decorated a bit and it was a blast to have family and friends so close.

Sent on 11/05/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hey, Kelsey! We loved the idea of hosting your rehearsal dinner at our cottages, we're so glad to hear you guys enjoyed it! You looked stunning on your wedding day and everything turned out perfect. Hope all is well!

Meagan Capes · Married on 09/22/2019

Wonderful Wedding!

My husband and I had the best experience and the perfect wedding day at The Wheeler House! It was a beautiful venue with both outside and inside options that we were able to enjoy. Having so much included in the package was a huge help when it came to planning for the big day. The DJ was awesome, the cake was beautiful and yummy and the food was absolutely delicious! Ashley was such a great coordinator! She was easy to communicate with, any questions were quickly responded to and our planning meetings were very thorough. Our rehearsal went so smoothly and on the day of, Ashley and her team helped ease the stress of keeping everything on track so that we were able to fully enjoy our wonderful day! Thank you Wheeler House!!

Sent on 11/20/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Meagan, we are so glad that you and your husband chose us to host your special day. You guys were incredible to work with and it was our pleasure to keep everything on track!
  • Kelly

Kelly Cosner Wiley · Married on 08/31/2019

Elegant, fun, professional, stress-free

Last Saturday I married the man of my dreams in my dream venue. The Wheeler House provided nothing but the utmost class, elegance, and perfection for our special day. Working with Laura was amazing. She made the process fun and effortless. I highly recommend this venue for any bride looking for romance and beauty in her wedding.

Sent on 09/05/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

We absolutely loved working with you to make your big day come to life, Kelly and it was a vision! It was an honor to have you, your family, and friends make special memories at our venue. We wish you the best!
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 08/03/2019

Our dream wedding venue!

Our wedding day was magical, all thanks to Ashley and The Wheeler House staff! This was the only venue my now husband and I fell in love with. We were married August 3, 2019 and the day went off without a hitch! Ashley was our wedding day coordinator and she went above and beyond for us! Everything from the night before in The Wheeler House Cottages, to the day of the wedding was perfect and everything we could have dreamed of. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 08/20/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Kara, we are so thankful that you enjoyed your time at The Wheeler House and our cottages! We love knowing that we were able to help make your big day easier. Best wishes!