The Wheeler House Reviews

158 Reviews for The Wheeler House

• Nina

Nina Idol · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Many thanks to The Wheeler House Team

Many thanks to Laiken, Laura and Ashley for their wonderful guidance, help, and support during the planning process of my son and new daughter's wedding this past weekend. They helped us organize DJ, Catering, Decorating, Photographer, Florist, the wedding cake, limo service...everything! And a very special shout out to Laiken who was there throughout the event coordinating everything on the day of. She was a pleasure to work with and went above and beyond to make our day perfect! In fact, all of the staff was helpful, fun, and on the ball. True professionals across the board! In addition, the venue is beautiful and their professional experience took so much stress off of the planning and made for a perfectly smooth wedding. Everything was fantastic. Our wedding party also enjoyed staying at the cabins which turned a one day event into a weekend get together full of memorable events we will never forget. Highly recommend the Wheeler House for your special day. I really don't think planning a wedding could be any easier or more beautiful. Thank you all! :)

Sent on 03/13/2020

The Wheeler House's reply:

Thank you, Nina! It was such an honor to be apart of Alex and Kaley's big day. Their wedding was absolutely stunning and you guys were a joy to be around!
  • Paula

Paula Denton · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Dream Venue

The Wheeler House was a fairy-tale venue for my son’s wedding. The home was the backdrop of the most beautiful photographs and provided the old-time Southern country wedding my son’s bride had hoped for. Leading up to the wedding, our coordinator Laura was very attentive. I can’t say enough about how amazing Laura is! She was a delight to work with and is an absolute detailed-oriented professional. She thought of every detail. She put our minds at ease and she delivered the day of our event. I had many guests comment on how smoothly the event ran and how courteous everyone at The Wheeler House was. The staff on site the day of my son’s wedding were so helpful and accommodating. The wedding was on a day of record-breaking heat here in Georgia but the temperature in the barn was perfect even though it was scorching outside. Our guests were allowed access to the main floor of the beautiful historic home before the ceremony so they wouldn’t get overheated outside. The food was superb and the bartenders were very attentive. I would highly recommend The Wheeler House as a venue for anyone considering hosting their wedding there.

Sent on 06/04/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

We are so glad that you guys enjoyed having your wedding here at The Wheeler House and that the barn was accommodating to everyone's needs during the heat! Cheyenne and Cameron's wedding day was absolutely beautiful!

Cheyenne Denton · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Laura is the best!

Words cannot even begin to describe the amount of gratitude and love I have for The Wheeler House and its staff. From the historic house, to the outside ceremony space, to the gorgeous barn, everything is immaculate.
    While The Wheeler House is gorgeous, it would be nothing without the people who work tirelessly to ensure that each couple has the day of their dreams. Not only did TWH staff go above and beyond the day of our wedding, they went above and beyond from the moment we stepped foot on the property to tour. Laura was our wedding coordinator. I emailed her and spoke with her throughout our 10 months of planning what feels like 1000 times and she answered every phone call and email with what felt like joy in her heart. Every time I saw her she had a smile on her face and made my husband and I feel like we were the only couple she was working with. Our wedding day went perfectly, and if anything was wrong - I sure didn't hear about it. I wish that I could relive our wedding day over and over again. I cannot thank The Wheeler House staff and Laura enough for everything that they did for Cameron and I. We are forever grateful!

Sent on 06/05/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Cheyenne, that is so sweet of you! It was our honor to be a part of your big day and to ensure all your questions were answered!
  • Ashley

Ashley Harris Groll · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Amazing experience

If I could do it over again I would do it the EXACT same- isn’t that what every Bride wants? Having my wedding at the Wheeler House was absolutely perfect and relatively stress free. I had a very busy year since getting engaged- graduating from veterinary school, starting a job, moving to a new city and unfortunately health issues. Laura and the Wheeler house made sure that my wedding was an enjoyable planning experience instead of another stressful thing I had to worry about. The all inclusive package is amazing- our guests are still talking about the food (esp the mashed potatoes), the cake and the DJ. Laura was an amazing resource and made sure everything ran smoothly on the day of. Our day was perfect and I can’t thank the Wheeler house enough. ALSO its BEAUTIFUL

Sent on 01/08/2020

The Wheeler House's reply:

You are so sweet, Ashley! Your September wedding was stunning down to the last detail and we are so fortunate that you chose our venue to bring your ideas to life. We wish you all the best and congrats on all your recent life changes!
  • Lauren

Lauren Luckey · Married on 03/07/2020

The wheeler house

They have been so professional and friendly throughout the whole process. Besides the fact that their venue is GORGEOUS, there are so prepared and answer each and every question. They make the process smoother and more exciting!

Sent on 09/14/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Thank you, Lauren! We had the best time helping figure out the details for your wedding and making sure everything the day of was perfect. Thank you guys for spending your special day with us!
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle Stuermer · Married on 02/22/2020

Stuermer+Bryan Wedding

We had our wedding at The Wheeler House in Ball Ground, GA on February 22, 2020 and were blown away by the overall experience. The venue was outstanding with provision of food, atmosphere, scenery, and staff hospitality. Laura, Ashley, and the rest of the staff were nothing but accommodating in preparation for our big day and during the celebration - we can’t praise them enough.

As a wedding venue we couldn’t fault anything. The recommended catering (Events by Dezine) was outstanding! We chose a truly mouthwatering ensemble, complete with sirloin strips, hand mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and the bella signature salad; paired with Swedish meatballs and pimento cheese tart appetizers. The Wheeler House flawlessly assisted our decision on what to serve our guests; and it is safe to say our they were not disappointed - as no food was left behind.

During our winter celebration – we had the choice to use the house for cocktail hour, but due to the size of our guest list and the chill of the February air, we opted to use the barn. Even though the cocktail hour and reception were held in the same building, The Wheeler House provided an exquisitely different ambiance for the two where our guests could enjoy drinks and each other’s company with plenty of space and warmth.

The venue played a huge part in the success of our celebration and the amount of our guests who are still talking about your venue is testament to that.

Sent on 04/03/2020

The Wheeler House's reply:

Thank you so much, Gabrielle! You were such a joy to work with and we loved everything about your winter wedding. I am so glad you guys had a wonderful experience with us! Your pictures are absolutely flawless!

Brenna Sansing · Married on 01/11/2020

The Wheeler House is magical!

Every aspect of our wedding plan & day was absolutely stunning and wonderful.

Sent on 02/07/2020

The Wheeler House's reply:

Thank you so much, Brenna! We loved everything about your wedding day. Truly a beautiful time we were so lucky to be a part of!

Hanna Davenport · Married on 12/01/2019

The most perfect venue in north ga!!

The wheeler house was my dream venue. My coordinator Ashley made my experience stress free and made our wedding day run so smoothly. I can’t thank them enough for helping me and giving me the best day ever. Not to mention it’s the most beautiful venue around. I’m so glad I booked the wheeler house!

Sent on 02/03/2020

The Wheeler House's reply:

You and your wedding were a vision, Hanna! We were so thrilled to be a part of your wedding day. We wish you guys the best!

Kelsey Kitts · Married on 10/19/2019

October 19, 2019

I got married at The Wheeler House in October 2019. I truly had the best wedding thanks to The Wheeler House and especially Ashley. She was available to answer any questions at any time throughout the wedding planning process making it incredibly easy and took a lot of stress away. I was an out of state bride and they made everything so easy to plan from far away. The vendors they have chosen to work with are equally incredible. The day of the wedding there was a storm and Ashley completely took care of everything for me and had a backup plan inside the barn. I fully believe it was more beautiful than the original plan I had for outside and for that I will always be grateful for her! The Wheeler House will always be a special place for my husband and I and it was such a magical night. I would 100% recommend this venue!

I also recommend renting the Cottages as well, it made our weekend even better and our friends LOVED them!!

Sent on 11/26/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Kelsey, it was such an honor to be involved in your wedding day! The barn ceremony turned out absolutely gorgeous and we are so happy to hear that you guys had a great experience!

Kelsey · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing First Class Experience

We had our wedding here this past October and it was an absolute dream. Our coordinator Ashley was fantastic and made sure the day went off without a hitch and was the 'woman behind the scenes.' The included vendors (food, DJ, cake, bartenders) were amazing our guests raved about the service/food/bartenders throughout the night. We were worried about our wedding having to end at 10 (noise ordinance in Ball Ground) but we added on an extra hour to the front end so it was honestly the PERFECT amount of time. Highly recommend renting the cottages down the road for the weekend. We hosted our rehearsal dinner there on Friday night, catered in food, decorated a bit and it was a blast to have family and friends so close.

Sent on 11/05/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hey, Kelsey! We loved the idea of hosting your rehearsal dinner at our cottages, we're so glad to hear you guys enjoyed it! You looked stunning on your wedding day and everything turned out perfect. Hope all is well!

Meagan Capes · Married on 09/22/2019

Wonderful Wedding!

My husband and I had the best experience and the perfect wedding day at The Wheeler House! It was a beautiful venue with both outside and inside options that we were able to enjoy. Having so much included in the package was a huge help when it came to planning for the big day. The DJ was awesome, the cake was beautiful and yummy and the food was absolutely delicious! Ashley was such a great coordinator! She was easy to communicate with, any questions were quickly responded to and our planning meetings were very thorough. Our rehearsal went so smoothly and on the day of, Ashley and her team helped ease the stress of keeping everything on track so that we were able to fully enjoy our wonderful day! Thank you Wheeler House!!

Sent on 11/20/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Meagan, we are so glad that you and your husband chose us to host your special day. You guys were incredible to work with and it was our pleasure to keep everything on track!
  • Kelly

Kelly Cosner Wiley · Married on 08/31/2019

Elegant, fun, professional, stress-free

Last Saturday I married the man of my dreams in my dream venue. The Wheeler House provided nothing but the utmost class, elegance, and perfection for our special day. Working with Laura was amazing. She made the process fun and effortless. I highly recommend this venue for any bride looking for romance and beauty in her wedding.

Sent on 09/05/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

We absolutely loved working with you to make your big day come to life, Kelly and it was a vision! It was an honor to have you, your family, and friends make special memories at our venue. We wish you the best!
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 08/03/2019

Our dream wedding venue!

Our wedding day was magical, all thanks to Ashley and The Wheeler House staff! This was the only venue my now husband and I fell in love with. We were married August 3, 2019 and the day went off without a hitch! Ashley was our wedding day coordinator and she went above and beyond for us! Everything from the night before in The Wheeler House Cottages, to the day of the wedding was perfect and everything we could have dreamed of. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 08/20/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Kara, we are so thankful that you enjoyed your time at The Wheeler House and our cottages! We love knowing that we were able to help make your big day easier. Best wishes!
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn M Berry · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing experience!

I will probably sound like an echo of every single other review on here, but The Wheeler House truly is incredible. When I first toured the venue I fell in love with how beautiful and perfect the space was - but little did I know how amazing our experience would be! Laura (our coordinator) is incredible - she is so adaptable, compassionate, and does her job with so much grace. Everyone in my family (and even my guests) were raving about how she did such an amazing job. If we could do it all over, we’d choose them a million times!

Sent on 08/29/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Thank you for your thoughtful words, Kaitlyn! You and your family were such a pleasure to work with and we are so honored that you allowed us to be a part of your wedding day. Sending the best of wishes!

Cathy Keith · Married on 06/23/2019

A fabulous venue!

I can highly recommend The Wheeler House to anyone looking for a fabulous wedding venue. On our walk through we met with our coordinator Laura who showed us everything they had to offer. We booked it immediately as we knew it was perfect. They made things so easy as they include the caterer, cake, DJ, tables and linens as well as the gorgeous lights and chandeliers. We had so many people tell us it was the best food and cake they ever had at a wedding and the DJ had people dancing all night long. Laura our coordinator was so attentive and answered all my questions that came up during planning and handled all our requests so quickly. The professionalism can’t be beat! This venue is a gem. Beautiful for both indoor and outdoor weddings. We are so happy we chose The Wheeler House. They provided my daughter her perfect dream wedding.

Sent on 06/30/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Cathy, it was such an honor to work with you on Hannah's special day! We loved everything about her wedding and it was a bonus that you guys were such an amazing, sweet group of people!
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing!

I could not sing enough praises about how incredible the Wheeler House venue is. From the ease of booking (with included caterer, cake, and DJ) to the stunning venue and incredibly kind, talented wedding coordinators, our experience with the Wheeler House was unmatched. Our wedding night was even more perfect and seamless than we could've dreamed of. Every single attendee from our wedding has complimented how beautiful the venue was and how much fun they had thanks to all of the vendors included with the Wheeler House. The cottages are also a HUGE plus and made our wedding weekend so incredibly fun!! They're a short 2 minute drive from the venue, adorable, and provide amazing natural light for getting ready before the big day or for just having so much fun with the bridal party the night before and after! The Wheeler House staff and vendors work so well together and it really shows and makes for a completely stress-free and easy planning process AND wedding day. They pay attention to every single detail (wheelchair accessible ramp/accommodations, making sure guests stay comfortable despite the heat, making sure you have food as the bride/groom, etc), treat you as if you are their only bride, and go above and beyond to make the experience for both the bride/groom and guests memorable. We love the Wheeler House and we are SO thankful we chose them for our big day!! I could not have imagined it better any other way!

Sent on 06/25/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Zoe, you are such a sweetheart! We are so humbled that we got to play a hand in your beautiful wedding day. We are so glad to hear that you loved our cottages and had a great experience there! Wishing you guys all the best!

Hannah Uhlig · Married on 04/05/2019

Amazing Experience

The Wheeler House and their employees made my wedding planning, experience and day-of incredible. Laura was our coordinator and was so incredibly sweet, thorough and dependable throughout the whole process. I'd highly recommend The Wheeler House to any brides on the search for their perfect venue. The venue, vendors and staff were wonderful.

Sent on 11/18/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hannah, thank you for your kind words! We are so thankful you picked us to spend your big day with and loved how all of the details for your wedding turned out. Best wishes to you all!
  • Coco

Coco Cobb · Married on 03/30/2019

The best of the best!!

You won’t get better service than at this beautiful venue. Planning a wedding can be STRESSFUL. You don’t know what to expect. Laura and The Wheeler House staff have been nothing short of amazing ever since my now husband and I went to tour it. They have every single detail covered and you really don’t have to worry about anything.

The day of our wedding Laura, our coordinator, was there helping set up all day. She knew every little thing I wanted (I had a very specific vision) and executed it all with grace and ease. Throughout the night she checked on us and made sure everything was taken care of so we could just focus on our night. She, and the entire Wheeler House staff are incredible and truly care about what you want and go above and beyond to make sure your wedding day goes smoothly! We have had so many guests compliment how beautiful and unique the venue is! Everyone loved and so did we.

The food from Events By Dezine was incredible and we had so many guests compliment the food. Every time I see a friend or family member that attended our wedding they mention how amazing the food was! The cake from Lush Cakery was sooo yummy that we had none left!

I really cant say enough good things about The Wheeler House, their staff and the vendors. They made our wedding day the most special and memorable day and we couldn’t be more thankful! We love The Wheeler House!!

Sent on 05/13/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

We are so thankful for you! You were truly a gem to work with and we loved making sure all the details were exactly how you envisioned them. Thank you for picking us to spend your special day with!

Kirsty Germany · Married on 03/16/2019

Most easy going, stress free, event space in North Georgia

The best of the best!! Laura and the staff at The Wheeler House have a way of making you feel at ease and organized. After speaking with several other venues before booking at The Wheeler House, it was easy to see that they don’t nickel and dime you like other places. If anything, you feel like you are working with your friends that only want what’s best for your special day!!

Sent on 03/25/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Kirsty, this means so much to us! Your wedding day was absolutely perfect and we were honored to play such a big roll in it! Thank you, your family, and friends for everything!

Kyle Pfahl · Married on 03/16/2019

Fairy tales do come true at the Wheeler House

I needed to pick the venue for my daughter’s wedding because she was living out of the state. From the moment I met Laura and toured the Wheeler House I knew this was the place, and thru face time so did my daughter. Laura left no stone unturned and it paid off because our daughter’s wedding was perfectly orchestrated. As a mother of the bride, I was able to really enjoy the wedding because I knew Laura and her staff had everything under control. I recommend the Wheeler House to anyone getting married looking for the perfect venue. Kyle Pfahl (mother of the bride) 3/16/19

Sent on 04/10/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Kyle, we were honored to be a part of Kirsty's wedding day! You guys were amazing to work with and we loved how everything turned out the day of, you guys truly have an eye for decor!

Brittany · Married on 03/09/2019

Amazing venue with great staff!

My husband and I got married at the Wheeler House just over a week ago and couldn’t be more pleased with our experience! From the moment we booked to the moment we left at the end of our wedding, we could rely on Laura and the team to be responsive, helpful, and genuinely excited for us! Laura always answered our questions and made us feel like we were the only couple she was working with! It’s a beautiful venue and we are so happy we chose it for our day!

Sent on 03/17/2019

The Wheeler House's reply:

Brittany, thank you so much for your kind words! It was an absolutely honor to work with you and your husband. You guys made everything so easy and your wedding day was beautiful!

Savannah Gower · Married on 11/04/2018

A dream come true!

The Wheeler House was absolutely perfect! Laura was our coordinator and was so quick to respond to emails, answered any and all of our questions and made sure things went off without a hitch! They handle everything you can think of and go above and beyond to make sure things are perfect.

Sent on 11/14/2018

The Wheeler House's reply:

Hey, Savannah! We just wanted to thank you for your feedback. Your wedding day was a dream come true and we love that you chose The Wheeler House to spend it at!
  • Kendall

Kendall · Married on 10/07/2018

I had the most wonderful day at The Wheeler House

You will not regret getting married at the Wheeler house. I had the most incredible day. The venue is beautiful. It gave me the barn vibe I wanted for my wedding but with a beautiful rustic feel. Th planning was stress free. They include the catering, the DJ, and the cake in their price...all you have to do is pick what you want. I cant imagine having to stress about finding vendors. I don't have anything bad to say. My coordinator, Ashley, was AMAZING. She went above and beyond. At one point in the night someone had spilled red wine on my wedding dress, before I could even begin to panic, Ashley was on her hands and knees trying to find a solution to get out the stain. That really showed me how much they care and I will never forget that. I would recommend this venue to all. It is truly beautiful.

Sent on 10/19/2018

The Wheeler House's reply:

Thank you, Kendall! It is always our goal to put our brides first and make sure their day is perfect. It was an honor to be involved in your wedding day and we are so glad you chose The Wheeler House!

Makayla · Married on 10/05/2018

Beautiful and Perfect

My wedding at the Wheeler House was beautiful! The planning process was so smooth and the staff were very helpful and responsive. I received so many compliments on our wedding and it truly was one of the best days of my life. Thank you so much, Wheeler House, for making my day a dream come true!

Sent on 05/03/2020

The Wheeler House's reply:

Thank you so much, Makayla! It was an absolute honor to be a part of your special day. We enjoyed every moment of getting to know you guys and loved everything about your wedding! Sending you guys lots of love!

Mackenzie · Married on 09/22/2018

All I Can Say Is WOW

I cannot get over how perfect the Wheeler House was for our wedding. Not only is the staff incredible, but the venue itself is stunning. We got married there in September and we couldn't have chosen a better place to celebrate this milestone with our friends and family. Our Wheeler House wedding coordinator Laura was so helpful and extremely organized throughout the whole process. She helped us plan our dream wedding and kept us on track with deadlines. She made great suggestions and had very helpful ideas for our wedding day that my husband and I had not even thought of. The Wheeler House staff was also very good at directing the wedding party, the guests, and the vendors which made the wedding day go very smoothly. Overall we were very pleased with everything. The vendors that are associated with the Wheeler House were incredible as well. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue; 10/10.

Sent on 10/25/2018

The Wheeler House's reply:

We absolutely loved your September wedding, everything turned out beautifully! Our main focus is ensuring our brides have the easiest experience planning their wedding so we are honored to know you did, Mackenzie! Wishing you the best!