The Westin Poinsett Hotel Reviews

The Westin Poinsett Hotel 5
  • Ashley

Ashley Baker · Married on 10/05/2019

Perfect Venue!

From the front desk staff to the serving team, the entire hotel service was impeccable, hospitable and truly top notch. Our guests and family raved about the team. Our wedding was the most romantic, perfect celebration thanks to the Westin staff! The wedding coordinator, Sarah, is a delight to work with. From our initial conversation, tasting visit and planning calls, she has always been so positive, reassuring and attentive. I am also so impressed at how well she ensured every detail was perfect. Any bride would be lucky to work with her to plan their special day.

Sent on 10/12/2019

The Westin Poinsett Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved working with you! Your Wedding was beautiful and the most perfect representation of you and Jonathan! We wish you two the best and hope you come back to stay with us!
  • Nikki

Nikki Huber · Married on 10/05/2019

The Best Experience

Sarah and the team at the Westin Poinsett made our experience absolutely perfect! The venue is truly all inclusive- tables, chairs, linens, service, food and beverage, which made the event seamless. The team let us be flexible with some of their package options to truly create the best day for us, and let us express our tastes. Sarah went above and beyond to make sure that we had the best experience, and we can't thank her enough!

Sent on 10/17/2019

The Westin Poinsett Hotel's reply:

Nikki,

We were honored to host your special day! Thank you so much for letting us be a part of it! You were so much fun to work with and your wedding was truly beautiful! We wish you and Dan all the best!

Dana · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing!!!!

The Westin Poinsett Hotel was amazing! The staff and service was impeccable! I would definitely recommend to everyone!

Sent on 11/23/2018

j. · Married on 09/08/2018

Our daughter's wedding reception was at The Westin. We considered a number of other venues but hands down, the best value was here. Out of town friends complimented the service, never having to wait in line at the bar or for food, how delicious the food was and how beautiful the ballroom looked. Our Saturday night reception was beautiful and the convenience of having guests stay at The Westin added to everyone's enjoyment of the weekend. And in September, the Saturday Farmers Market is just steps out the front door. We couldn't have been more pleased!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Haley · Married on 07/28/2018

I’m not even sure where to begin! Our wedding at the Westin was absolutely perfect. It was perfect because of Chelsea McCray. She is amazing at her job and made our day flawless. She helped with every detail and listened to our requests. Every minute was special. We had a ton of out of town guests. The Westin was perfect. We had our ceremony in the Poinsett Ballroom and our reception in the Gold Ballroom. It was beautiful! The food was terrific! The Westin listened to all of our requests and made anything happen. Coming back to the room at the end of the night to champagne and cake was so special. I couldn’t have dreamed up a better wedding. Thank you to Chelsea and the Westin staff!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Mary · Married on 06/30/2018

My wedding was in the Poinsett Room and everything was absolutely gorgeous and exactly what we wanted. The night flowed beautifully and the room looked absolutely incredible. It was helpful to see all the ways the floor plan could be adjusted as we had a sit down dinner and a band. The tables were spaced perfectly so there was enough room to fit the band and all those who were dancing! We were happy with the convenience as we had a lot of out of town guests, who could go straight up to their room after the reception. The Westin was very accomodating and made sure our night was everything we dreamed of. The rooftop photos were icing on the cake and one of our favorite memories right after we said "I do"! We had so many compliments about the event space and are very happy with our decision to use the Westin for everything, including our farewell breakfast the next morning which was delicious as well! All around an amazing night!

The Westin Poinsett Hotel 6
    The Westin Poinsett Hotel 11
    The Westin Poinsett Hotel 12
    Sent on 09/17/2018

Paul · Married on 04/27/2018

The Westin Poinsett, where Greenville wedding dreams come true. I’ll just re-emphasize all the great things that have been said about the hotel itself, as well as the staff. My wife and I looked at multiple venues here in Greenville but after seeing the Gold Ballroom at the Westin, we knew we had found our place. The Westin provides the timeless elegance that you look for in a wedding venue, while at the same time being right in the middle of all the excitement that downtown Greenville has to offer.

Somers, Chelsea, Mike and the rest of the Westin team were an absolute pleasure to work with and were there to answer any and all questions we had along the way. My wife and I had minimal wedding day jitters because we knew that the Westin staff, along with our other vendors (Sposa Bella photography, Kathy & Company bakery, and Uptown Entertainment) who work the Westin all the time, had everything taken care of.

Don’t just take our word for it, find out for yourself. You won’t be sorry!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Sarah · Married on 04/14/2018

We recently had both our ceremony and reception at the Westin Poinsett Hotel and it was the most beautiful experience. Chelsea and Rita were in constant contact from the moment we signed our contracts to make sure our day was perfect. The ballrooms and mezzanine areas made for an exquisite space for the ceremony and reception, and everything from the food to facilitating with external vendors was handled with ease. We had a high number of out-of-town guests, and everyone at the hotel went above and beyond to make sure they all had whatever they needed for their stay in Greenville. There is a reason the Poinsett is so highly thought of by Greenville locals--there is no place better for a classically romantic event! Thank you!!

Sent on 04/25/2018
  • W

Wendi · Married on 03/24/2018

The Westin Poinsett was first class! Kelley, our event planner, did an outstanding job from first visit, to event execution. There was no detail overlooked, and Kelley and the entire staff at the Westin went above our expectations. Kelley organized our Daughters wedding flawlessly and allowed our Family and Friends to experience a wedding that will not be forgotten. Our guests were so impressed with the Wedding and the service of excellence that Kelley and the Westin provided that we were sad to see the evening end.
    Thank you Kelley and the Westin Poinsett for ALL you did to make our Daughter & Son-in-Laws wedding the fairytale they wanted! Awesome job!!! Kind Regards, Scott & Wendi McCall

Sent on 11/09/2014

TJ · Married on 10/21/2017

We are so incredibly lucky and happy that we chose to have our wedding reception at the Westin Poinsett. I honestly cannot believe how much value we got and overall came in under budget - this is hands down the best deal in Greenville. The beautiful space is also in a great location in downtown Greenville especially for our mostly out-of-town guests to explore. Chelsea, who was incredibly responsive and professional, was absolutely amazing in helping us with every single detail. She definitely went beyond any expectations in coordinating the space as well as helping coordinate with all of our vendors. I cannot stress enough the value Chelsea brings to hosting the reception at the Westin Poinsett. Overall: 5/5 would recommend to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Katherine · Married on 09/02/2017

Having our reception at the Westin Poinsett this September was easily one of the best decisions I made for our big day. We had our reception in the Poinsett Ballroom, and had a cocktail hour on the mezzanine. My husband and I were blown away by how beautiful the space was, and and the guests were just as wowed. Chelsea is so easy to work with, and did such an amazing job of ensuring that everything went without a hitch. The food was delicious, and the staff was attentive to all our guests’ needs. From the hotel’s historic charm to the peace of mind in knowing that our wishes would be fulfilled, the Westin Poinsett was the perfect venue for our reception.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Laura · Married on 07/15/2017

The Westin Poinsett is an incredible venue. During the planning process we worked closely with Chelsea McCray, who is fantastic!! Chelsea is professional, friendly, and helped every step of the way. Both our ceremony and reception was in the Gold Ballroom. The room flip was quick and done while all our guests were enjoying cocktail hour on the Mezzanine. It was perfect! All of our guests raved about the hotel accommodations (ballroom and guest rooms), staff, and food. Our day ran smoothly from start to finish and we couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Chelsea · Married on 07/08/2017

I had a GREAT experience with the Westin Poinsett for my wedding! I worked closely with Chelsea McCray, and she was very professional, responsive, helpful, and patient with both me and my mom and our millions of questions! The Westin was perfect for my wedding also because they offer tables, linens, flatware, catering, and of course hotel room blocks for guests! This was the main reason I chose the Westin was because I was able to hit so many of the items needed for planning a wedding in one place. Chelsea helped coordinate the set up and take down for my wedding, and also outside vendors we brought in (DJ, gelato, etc.).

We had our reception in the Poinsett Ballroom, which is shown in the pictures above and just as beautiful in person! You really do not have to add much decor because the ballroom is gorgeous on its own! We added white flowers and centerpieces and gold accents for the tables and it looked amazing. Again, I wanted simple for my wedding from a planning perspective and choosing the Westin made it so easy. You are centrally located in the middle of downtown Greenville so there is plenty for your guests to explore on their own too. And the Westin staff are so thoughtful and willing to answer any questions you may have.

I highly recommend the Westin for any corporate or ESPECIALLY wedding events!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Julie · Married on 07/08/2017

The Westin Poinsett was a lovely venue for my daughter's wedding. Chelsea McCray was a joy to work with and a true professional. She has great advice, and gave on point recommendations during the year long planning. She works tirelessly to make sure that your wedding is the perfect day. She is quick to help remedy any issues that come up. The service, the food, and the staff were all GREAT for the entire wedding weekend! We used the Poinsett Ballroom, Veranda, and Mezzanine and it made for a perfect flow for the cocktail hour and reception. The Westin is in a perfect location downtown. The guests enjoyed walking out the front door of the Westin and being so close to all the action of downtown Greenville. Highly recommend the Westin Poinsett for your wedding reception and hotel rooms.

Sent on 08/12/2017

Taryn · Married on 07/01/2017

Chelsea made the planning so easy! She asked questions I hadn't thought of and created the perfect day for us! The venue is beautiful and couldn't have asked for better food, service, or planning!!

Sent on 07/14/2017

JACQUELINE · Married on 06/24/2017

The Westin was an incredible place to have our reception. I didn't want to be overwhelmed with any details and Chelsea and everyone else at the Westin did a great job of making things easier for us. The food was amazing and the chef was very helpful in accommodating some of the diet restrictions we had. There was an opportunity for us to take photos on the roof and they are by far some of the best photos I have ever seen at a wedding reception - we are so pleased! The Westin was attentive to all of our guests and went above and beyond to make our day special. We are so thankful. They come HIGHLY recommended.

Sent on 07/29/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/03/2017

I got married at the Westin Poinsett Hotel in June 2017. We had our reception and ceremony in the Poinsett Ballroom. The food was incredible and the service was even better! Chelsea, the wedding coordinate onsite, was absolutely amazing. She was so accommodating and so helpful. She really took so much stress off my plate and handled ALL of the day of coordination, among countless other things leading up to the wedding day. So many options and so much flexibility with everything from decor, to food, to seating arrangements. While it initially seemed like a pricey option, when you look at all that is included in that price, you are definitely receiving a great value. I would 1000% recommend this as a wedding venue to everyone.

Sent on 08/02/2017

Mary · Married on 05/28/2017

Fantastic location for our special day. Chelsea and the staff were fantastic! Such a beautiful place with all the perks you would ever want. We did our ceremony and the Veranda and reception in the Poinsett Ballroom. It was perfect!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Debbie · Married on 05/13/2017

I highly recommend trusting your wedding to Chelsea McCray at the Westin Poinsett. Everyone and everything at the Westin is top notch and everything went beautiful and better than expected. Not only is the hotel gorgeous but the staff is very friendly, caring and professional. Everyone made sure our special day was the most amazing weekend ever and we felt very confident in Chelsea and the rest of the staff to take care of everything. Best decision we ever made!!!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Briana · Married on 01/07/2017

I cannot say enough about how fantastic Chelsea McCray and the staff of the Westin Poinsett were in helping us plan and execute the most beautiful wedding day. Despite planning the wedding from France and then Australia and then having to change our ceremony venue to the hotel at the last minute because of a snow storm, Chelsea and the Westin were nothing but accommodating and flexible. Everything was taken care of (absolutely everything) and they made it so easy (and pricing was very reasonable!). They asked helpful questions that I would never have even thought of asking and were more than willing to answer anything else we thought of either straight away or shortly after our conversations in an email. The chef wonderfully accommodated our gluten-free needs (to the point that nothing served at the wedding had gluten in it! And it was such an easy thing to do!). The food was fabulous. Chelsea and the Westin went out of their way to make us feel at ease and excited about the last minute change in venue and Chelsea made it absolutely beautiful. From the moment we stepped foot into the hotel a few days before the wedding, our every need or question was met with nothing short of a genuine smile and helpful face. Customer service is too weak of a term; this is hospitality and class at its absolute finest.

Sent on 01/15/2017

Lynda · Married on 12/31/2016

It is hard to even find the right words to describe how incredible Chelsea and the Westin made our wedding day to be. I planned the wedding from Texas so obviously it added more complications, but Chelsea was extremely supportive, direct, kind, and over the top & on the ball with everything. She made us feel very secure and I felt like I could trust her to handle everything even so many miles away. We were blown away with the coordination and professionalism. The Westin treated us so well, accommodated ALL of our guests and allowed us to have the wedding night of a lifetime. Choosing to do our wedding at the Westin made everything easy since they took care of the tables, linens, butler passing of food, picking people up from the airport, and the day of coordination (and so many other things). It was the easiest day trusting them to make all the things happen and allowing just the time when most brides would be freaking out-- I could spend it with my family, friends and mentality preparing to get married to an amazing man! Chase and I got married on New Years Eve at 8pm. The Westin was the ONLY place to let us stay until the ball dropped and allowed our guests to not only experience our union as one and a BEAUTIFUL ceremony, but also to celebrate with not having to worry about drinking and driving or traffic. Once the wedding was over, everyone could go up to their rooms. People are still talking about how amazing the Westin was and I will forever be filled with gratitude for their excellent service, hospitality and help to make this day so special.

Sent on 03/01/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/22/2016

I seriously could not say enough about Chelsea McCray and the staff at the Westin Poinsett. From the very beginning, planning our wedding was like a dream. Chelsea was flexible, responsive, and catered to all of our questions, even those we had not thought of! From our first tour of the venue to the tasting and finally to the special day, the Westin was accommodating. They changed a couple of beer selections from the bar package we chose, as well as late additions to the menu. Additionally, Chelsea personally made sure we ate at our reception and the food was delicious! When you book your wedding at the Westin, they include your wedding night stay, and we were surprised to find chocolate covered strawberries, slices of our cake (we had forgotten to eat a sample at the reception), and a bottle of champagne waiting for us. It was the BEST day and it was so because we had our wedding at the Westin Poinsett. Trust me, you can't go wrong having your wedding here.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Trica · Married on 09/24/2016

The Westin Poinsett is by far my favorite home away from home. So when I decided to get married I immediately thought of them as both my wedding and reception venue. From the moment we called to get information, we were guided with ease through the entire process by Chelsea Mccray, she was very professional and stayed in contact with us often. The food was exceptional, and the staff were very pleasant and involved with our guest wishes. I am still getting emails from my guest raving about their experience at our wedding and the Westin. We had several guest from out of town and the Westin was very helpful in accommodating their lodging needs . I highly recommend The Westin Poinsett to any bride that loves beautiful old south décor and a welcoming staff that will tend to your every need, even before you know that you have them. They really do think of everything! And be sure to get your rooftop photo, it makes for a very special picture of you and your groom.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Jill · Married on 06/11/2016

We absolutely loved having our wedding at The Westin Poinsett Hotel! Chelsea, the hotel's wedding coordinator, and the staff were so accommodating every step of the way! She had extremely helpful advice throughout our planning period, and coordinated with all of my vendors so that my family and I could enjoy the day without worrying! We felt the day was flawless and are very thankful for the Westin staff! The ballroom is gorgeous and our guests loved the food! Taking our wedding pictures on the roof of the hotel was something we will never forget! It was so convenient to have our guests stay in the hotel and it is the perfect location for exploring the beautiful downtown Greenville. We highly recommend The Westin Poinsett Hotel for your wedding!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Caroline · Married on 06/11/2016

The Westin was the absolute BEST for my wedding reception. Chelsea took care of all the details and served as my reception coordinator. They were extremely accommodating and flexible and made planning the reception from a different state completely worry-free. Everyone had a great time, the food was amazing, and it was a dream experience! Thank you, Westin!

Sent on 08/22/2016