The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
    Jenna M. Married on 09/22/2018

Dream wedding!

The bliss wedding team was absolutely amazing! I was so hesitant planning my wedding from CA, and not knowing exactly what everything was going to look like... but it was exactly what I dreamt of! Chelsea was on top of everything the wedding day, and didn't miss a thing! I would highly recommend them to all couples, I know how important your wedding day can be. Thank you Bliss for pulling off my dream wedding!!!
    Kerri Married on 04/12/2018
    We recently were married at the Westin Maui, and we cannot say enough how this was the best decision we ever made! Shane with Bliss Weddings was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING - he coordinated the entire event with professionalism and responsiveness. With the hotel's expertise, flexibility, and attention to detail, we were able to relax and enjoy the resort all the way until the wedding. We feel incredibly lucky to have had our wedding at the Westin Maui - trust me it won't disappoint you. Our only regret is not having taken a picture with Shane - the miracle worker!
    Donna Married on 10/24/2016
    I would highly recommend. The wedding coordinators were
    very professional and so wonderful to deal with.
    The Westin Maui is a great resort to get married at.
    Cheryl Married on 10/04/2016
    Best time ever we would highly recommend!!
    Karen Married on 09/23/2016
    We were very impressed with the outcome of our daughters wedding! Brittany and Erin were the best event planners we have ever worked with. These ladies made it very easy for us, from the beginning to the end with communicating as well as putting everything together. We highly recommend this hotel and wedding department for your special day!
  • User2886031 2+ years ago
    Brittany was truly incredible as our wedding planning, professional, and expertise and personal touches beyond expectation. Our wedding was unforgettable in every way. The Westin staff, spa, hotel and grounds keepers, assistants, and restaurant/reception chefs and servers were wonderful as well.
    We couldn't be happier, and recommend this Westin Maui venue and to contact Brittany McIntyre for any event!
    Utilize her local vendors too.... Anna Kim Photography, Malika for music, Tino for officiating, and again the Westin Spa and Restaurant. So very pleased!
    Thank-You Brittany!!!!
    Krista Married on 09/10/2016
    Brittany was awesome to work with. Our special day was amazing due to all the help! The Westin was a great place to celebrate our wedding.
    Terri Married on 01/23/2015
    We did our wedding renewal ceremony at the Westin Maui. Kuuipo Muscutt and Ali Townsend were both easy to work with and very attentive to my needs. I booked the whole thing with them online and over the phone as I live in California. When we arrived , they were both very accommodating. I had to add a floral wreath at the last minute and Ali had an amazing one bright to the hotel. I would highly recommend them to anyone planning to re-new their vows. It was a wonderful experience !
  • User1629609 2+ years ago
    The beach lawn was just perfect for my wedding. It was so beautiful with the sound of the ocean and sunset backdrop. My wedding planner was awesome and definitely made me feel comfortable each step of the way as I planned my wedding all the way from Alabama . Everyone to this day say how beautiful everything was and many of my guest always say pictures do no justice :-) my wedding venue was absolutely breathtaking !
    Sheri Married on 10/27/2013
    We have stayed there many times and loved it so much we decided to use the facility for our wedding vow renewal. Loved the staff and used the beach lawn for the ceremony. Absolutely gorgeous! Sarah and Kuipo were amazing along with the chef and the servers. I would recommend this location and staff.
    Ella Married on 09/12/2016
    Brittany has been very helpful, and professional on the wedding plan. Especially, when I planned the wedding from half world away. Brittany has been very reliable and well communicated during the whole process, she worked with me on the budget, took care of details, and walked through the procedures; also provided the flexibility based on the situations. I am very happy with the wedding, and felt lucky to have her by my side on my big day.
    Adam Married on 10/19/2016
    Brittany at the Hyatt was fantastic - our event went on perfectly and Brittany and her team were flawless. The hardest part of the whole process was having to be patient and wait for breaks in Brittany's schedule to help address concerns or issues (which she always did), but the Hyatt and Brittany are a busy place so patience is needed. But it is nice to know that things will work out in time!
    Tawny Married on 06/28/2017
    Just had my dream wedding on the Ocean Front Lawn at the Westin Maui. The ladies in the wedding department are AMAZING! I planned a destination wedding with them in 6 months. It was very hard for me to trust everything, as I was in CA and never got to see anything in person, but they definitely delivered everything I had asked for. I worked with Brittany the most, and I thank her for all of her patience in answering the 10 million questions I had. I got so many compliments on the beautiful decor and the dinner that was served. I, and all of my guests, were truly impressed. As a warning though, they sometimes take a couple of days to respond to emails and such, so don't freak out like I did. Brittany knows what she is doing! The wedding was absolutely perfect.
  • User884322 2+ years ago
    We had a wonderful honeymoon at the Maui Resort & Spa. This location is ideal and the hotel offers activities for all ages. We had a great time relaxing by the pool, beach and in the spa. The rooms are clean and nice. It is an older hotel and is just starting to show it's age. The shuttle service into town was an amazing asset to our stay. We will go back!
    Melissa Married on 08/05/2016
    Our wedding was perfect!!! Every detail was exactly the way we wanted it!
    Lisa Married on 09/28/2015
    It's hard to not give The Westin 5 Stars, but I was planning my wedding when the resort was going through some personnel changes and didn't get all the appropriate answers when I initially signed my contract... Lot's of items changed after the fact, but Sarah Snyder was extremely apologetic and accommodating. Sarah Snyder (the weddings manager) definitely gets 5 STARS! She was by far the easiest person to work with throughout our entire wedding planning process. She answered my many questions and was able to work with us on specific areas where our budget may not have been as high as desired. She surprised us with special upgrades on our wedding day to help make up for the some of the miscommunication upfront. We got married on the ocean front lawn and it was AMAZING! I was worried that the walkway along the lawn would be distracting to us while we had our ceremony and reception, but you don't even notice it. I recommend having the string lights put up if you get married on the lawn - provides a nice lighting accent. The food was amazing and the chef created a custom menu to fit in our budget. We really wanted Shaved Ice and the resort was able to match some of the other quotes that we received for outside vendors. It was much easier to do everything through the resort. Bar service was great also. Overall our stay at the Westin and our wedding was magical and we are already planning on returning for our year anniversary! Mahalo.

PS - Keep in mind that you cannot take wedding photos on the beach in front of the Westin. If you want beach photos you will have to drive offsite to get photos!!
  • User2310139 2+ years ago
    We loved our stay at the Westin and the staff were very accommodating. The wedding planning did leave something to be desired. Lots of people were involved, which made for too many cooks in the kitchen and it caused major confusion. They were professional when responding to mistakes and did comp some items because of the miscommunication which we did appreciate.
    Tammy Married on 06/09/2015
    I had my wedding on the Ocean Front Lawn with about 70 guests. They were very accommodating with the size of my group. Coordinating was a bit stressful since my calls/emails weren't answered very promptly (took about 5-7 days and follow-up reminders), but in the end everything was done as expected. I'm guessing the wedding coordinator (Sarah) is just swamped with events and therefore isn't great about responding to emails. This made me quite anxious. However, she was taking down all my requests and definitely delivered. everything went well.
    Hannah Married on 09/23/2017
    If you don't mind having your e-mails unanswered for 5-7 days then you are ok. It seems they are stretched very thin with not enough staff to help with emails and coordinating. If I had to do it again I would not go with the Westin the staff is just super slow on replies. Hopefully the wedding will be a success.

Erin Married on 06/10/2015
    While the wedding turned out beautiful, my overall experience was anything but. We started planning our June wedding in March with Sarah and she was extremely unresponsive, which was extremely frustrating. My advice would be to be VERY specific on what you are looking for (hours, cost, etc) and get it back in writing BEFORE your wedding day or they will run with the bill. While most of the staff was great, there were so many instances that put such a bad taste in our mouth, that really ruined the overall experience.

The venue is beautiful, but I think if I had it to do all over again, I would have stuck to our property at the Westin North Villas, rather than book with what seemed like an extremely overbooked staff.