The Westin Great Southern Columbus Reviews

44 | Columbus, OH

44 Reviews for The Westin Great Southern Columbus

Audra · Married on 09/21/2019

Lovely Staff in Bar

We stayed 5 days for our wedding. We visited the restaurant every day during our stay. Can’t say enough good things about the staff in the hotel and restaurant. Very accommodating and friendly!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Jaynie · Married on 01/05/2019

Great venue!!

We absolutely loved using the Westin as our reception venue. We worked with one wedding planner at the beginning, but shortly after booking, she moved. With that, we worked with Natalie for the majority of the planning and she was absolutely incredible. We met twice before the wedding to talk through the details and she answered countless emails with lots of questions. The day could not have went better and the Westin staff was fantastic, both at the hotel overall and those working the event. We were very happy with the food (steak and goat cheese stuffed chicken) and the alcohol (we did the highest package). The only thing that was just okay were the appetizers. It was very important to us that there was not much waiting around for food- and this was perfect for the evening. We also had our guests meet us at the hotel bar the Friday before the wedding. The staff was great there. We had 60+ rooms reserved at the hotel for out of town guests. Caitlin was very helpful with the block and all of our guests seemed happy with their rooms!

Sent on 01/10/2019

Danielle Growler · Married on 12/14/2018

beautiful ballroom

This is simply the most beautiful ballroom in the city. The food was so good our family and friends were talking about it the next day.

Sent on 02/21/2019

Alexandria · Married on 01/27/2018

The Westin Columbus was amazing! We stayed there at the end of January for our wedding weekend, and the staff were courteous, helpful, and fun. They hosted our rehearsal dinner and post-wedding brunch and the food and drinks were amazing. We ended up being upgraded for free to the bridal suite and the room was beautiful! We dealt with Bryan at the front desk and he was so much fun. The staff also sent up champagne and chocolate covered strawberries the night before the wedding. The whole experience was so smooth, and the staff were so thoughtful and helpful. The hotel is right downtown, so the location is great and convenient, too. We would definitely stay here again!

Sent on 04/03/2018

Shaina · Married on 02/18/2017

We had an absolutely magical wedding ceremony and reception at the Westin! We were looking for an indoor ceremony and reception venue downtown for our February wedding, and the Westin stood out as the most elegant venue we looked at. Working with Penny was so easy, she was so organized and confident even when I was stressed! She responded to emails and questions throughout planning process quickly and was always willing to meet if we needed to. I couldn't decide if I needed a day of wedding coordinator, but Penny assured me that she would be our coordinator, and I'm so glad I didn't spend the money on someone extra. Having our hotel, ceremony, and reception all in one place made everything so simple, especially because I was worried it would be a snowy day (it ended up being 60 degrees and sunny!) I think we ended up saving quite a bit of money since we didn't need to book lots of extras (hotel room, transportation, brunch the next day, etc). I can't recommend the staff and the Westin enough as a wedding venue!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Casey · Married on 07/08/2016

We celebrated our wedding at The Westin Hotel Columbus and it was simply amazing! We were so pleased with the services provided and the quality of food was top notch! Not to mention the Grand Ballroom is absolutely gorgeous! I highly recommend this venue if you are looking in Columbus area.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Amelia · Married on 06/04/2016

We worked with Andrea at The Westin Columbus. Not only did our wedding turn out better than we could have imagined, but Andrea also made things so incredibly easy for us to manage. She worked with us to update our table arrangements when we had some last minute guest changes; she got all of our decorations to the right places (with very little direction); and she even surprised us with champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and new bathrobes (to keep) when we went up to our room at the end of the night. Everything was thoughtfully and carefully handled. Overall, The Westin Columbus was a fantastic venue at which to host a wedding. Our guests had an easy time getting around and the open bar was charged by head (not by consumption), so we didn't get a monster surprise bill afterward. The whole team made things very easy, and we are very grateful!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Michele · Married on 09/19/2015

My daughters wedding was everything she wanted it to be. A big thank you to Camela for making it all so beautiful.

Sent on 10/02/2015

Bridget · Married on 07/24/2015

I don't know where to begin! We decided to host my daughters wedding reception at the Westin in downtown Columbus. It was an easy choice due to their beautiful ballroom, at that time we did not realize that this was just a small part of what they really had to offer. The staff was amazing. The food was incredible. They tended to every single need of my daughter and all our guests with extreme grace and class. From our first meeting their wedding planner Cam made us feel as if my daughter was the only bride in the world. Cam made it a point to carry out the brides vision in every detail. Many of our guest are still going on about about what a wonderful night it was, but most importantly the bride and groom thought it was perfect.

Sent on 07/29/2015

I can't say enough about having our wedding at the Westin Columbus! They were worth every penny!!! The site is beautiful, the food is delicious, and the rooms are very nice and clean. Marian Firman did an AMAZING job as coordinator. She took over my wedding very late in the game and did so seamlessly! She was always available to meet and was extremely organized. The Westin is a well-oiled machine. I didn't have to worry about any of the details, and they could cater to the band, party bus transportation, and baby-sitting service easily. They took care of all of the guests, and the bridal suite is beautiful and gigantic. It is also extremely convenient for photos before and bathroom usage all night in a giant wedding dress! My husband said it perfectly, "They made you feel like you owned the hotel for a night!" What more could you ask for?!

Sent on 01/29/2015

Our daughter was married at the Westin. The ballroom is so beautiful to start that not a ton of extra decorating is required. It is such an elegant setting. The transition from ceremony to reception was seamless. The event coordinator at the Westin, Linsey, was wonderful to work with in advance and on the day of the event. Every detail and request was attended to promptly by Linsey and all of the staff. The food was enjoyed by all! We were able to relax and enjoy the event as we knew everything was running smoothly and that all of the guests would enjoy themselves too!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Deanne · Married on 08/30/2014

Craig Trembly, my sales Rep was there on a Sunday through out the entire ceremony making sure everything went well he gave me a piece of mind on my special day. the service at the reception was nothing less than impeccable. THANK YOU WESTIN STAFF!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Lyndsey · Married on 08/16/2014

Craig and Linsey were amazing to work with for our wedding. I worked more with Linsey on coordinating things for our event, and she took care of every last detail. We even forgot our seating chart and they were able to create one for us at the last minute! We couldn't be more grateful and happy with our reception. It was one of the most special moments of our lives!

Sent on 02/13/2015

Michelle · Married on 05/17/2014

The Westin is a wonderful wedding venue. The Grand Ballroom is magnificent, and absolutely beautiful all decorated for a wedding!!!

Sent on 05/24/2014

Erin · Married on 05/19/2012

The Westin was an outstanding place to have a reception! The servers and bartenders were great and really took care of our guests and us! Nicole, our coordinator at the Westin, was so responsive and took care of anything we needed. I must have emailed her a million times before the big day, and she took care of everything. It was the best night ever!

Sent on 06/07/2012

Abby · Married on 12/30/2011

Overall, we had a great experience with the Westin. They were very accomodating as far as special requests (e.g., Great Lakes Christmas Ale!), and basically let us make up our own dinner when we didn't find one on their menu that met all of the criteria of the 4 people making the decision. We also got to stay in the Presidential Suite at a significantly reduced rate the night before and night of our wedding, which was HUGE and perfect for getting ready with 6 bridesmaids and 3 hair and makeup people. Guests commented on how friendly and helpful all the staff were and most had only positive things to say about the food. One friend had an allergic reaction to pinenuts in the salad, and a member of the staff went to the pharmacy and bought her some benadryl! Also, the room is gorgeous and the ceremony in the Grand Ballroom could not have been more beautiful.

Sent on 01/09/2012

Liz · Married on 11/11/2011

Is easily one of the most beautiful places in columbus to hold a reception. The ballroom is so beautiful, you don't have to spend more time or money adding anything to it. Service was exceptional. All my friends are still talking about my wedding that we held back in November.

Sent on 01/10/2012

Rhenda · Married on 06/05/2011

We fell in love with the place the minute that we walked into the ballroom. Its just so beautiful! Craig was wonderful too - very professional and helpful. Food was good and service was too. Its not the cheapest place in town to be sure.... but it was SO WONDERFUL!!!!

Sent on 07/08/2011

Toby · Married on 10/30/2010

Craig and his staff were wonderful. Not a single complaint. And the room is gorgeous

Sent on 12/08/2010

Jaclyn · Married on 08/21/2010

We booked The Westin for our reception because we fell in the love with the elegance of the ballroom and desired an exceptional level of service that we knew The Westin could provide. We worked with Michael who was so accommodating and helpful. The day of the wedding, the service was impeccable, the food was delicious and everything went smoothly. The Westin has truly mastered the art of the wedding reception!

Sent on 09/29/2010

amy · Married on 06/11/2010

Craig was our wedding planner and he did a fantastic job. Our guests raved about the reception for days! The grand ballroom was beautiful and the staff made our evening enjoyable and easy. The wait staff were very attentive and professional. We had to do nothing! So relaxing and they did everything right. We served a plated meal, and Chef Novak made sure to give us exactly what we asked for, fabulous food! The catered to our every need, and the cost was less than we had expected. Great venue!

Sent on 07/14/2010

Autumn · Married on 05/08/2010

We stayed at the Westin for our wedding night and loved it. The staff and rooms were great. When I called in February to ask about early check-in because our ceremony was scheduled to start at 4:30 (check-in is 3:00), they asked me to check back with them the day before I was due to arrive. In all of the hustle and bustle I forgot to do so. However, the hotel had upgraded us to a large suite and had champagne and strawberries along with a card signed by the staff (free of charge). We wouldn't hesitate to return to the Westin.

Sent on 06/01/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 04/25/2009

I worked with Craig who was so fabulous and easy to work with. He was incredibly responsive, and made me totally confident that our reception would be seamless - and it was! The ballroom was beautiful and my out-of-town guests commented that they had never seen a site so lovely. The staff was incredibly courteous and the whole night was just perfect!

Sent on 05/12/2009

Rebecca · Married on 12/27/2008

Several of my guests stayed here while in town for our wedding and had a lot of great things to report and they are dog friendly. :)

Sent on 05/20/2009

Rachel · Married on 09/13/2008

This was our most important vendor for our wedding. I was blown away by their service and professionalism. The Westin exceeded all of our expectations and I can not speak highly enough of them. Our contact, Michael, was quick to reply to emails and voicemails and always had answers to my questions. Our roomblock was also through the hotel and the my guests that stayed over were amazed with the fantastic rooms. They were willing to work with our budget and help us make our wedding a unique experience. I am so happy we chose the Westin and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/02/2008