The Wedding Connection Reviews

17 | Huntington Woods, MI

17 Reviews for The Wedding Connection

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Rob · Married on 10/14/2017

Miriam, a rabbi, co-officiated our wedding with Father Jack Baker, a Catholic priest with whom she frequently collaborates. She worked with us to craft a meaningful ceremony that reflected our values and traditions. Miriam is very organized and early in the process, sent us a comprehensive packet on creating your own wedding ceremony, so we could select exactly which elements and readings we wanted to incorporate. Miriam got to know us well throughout the process and did a great job telling our story and tailoring her remarks specifically to us. We received many compliments on our ceremony from our family members and friends, and even received praise from a Catholic nun. We highly recommend Miriam to officiate at an interfaith wedding, or at any wedding for a couple that is looking to have a meaningful and personalized ceremony.

Tanya · Married on 06/17/2016

Miriam was fantastic to work with. She made our ceremony so special. We feel honored that Miriam married us. It was truly a privilege. She took the time to get to know us and the names of our family members and wedding party and the details of our family members. She helped us arrange the whole ceremony and had great advice through the whole process. Our wedding ceremony was even more special because it was Miriam who married us.

Melissa · Married on 10/09/2015

Steve was great! Very professional and friendly. Very easy to work with and helpful with the whole process.

Kristen · Married on 04/11/2015

Miriam was great to work with! Together we created a ceremony that was fitting to us as a couple. My husband and I are from very different backgrounds. We wanted a simple, non-denominational ceremony that expressed our love and that is what we had. I was an out of town bride and she was very accommodating. I am very happy that we chose her to be a part of our beautiful wedding day. Definitely recommended!

Esinam · Married on 07/28/2012

Dr. Miriam Jerris of the Wedding Connection was wonderful to work with. We were drawn to her because we liked her focus on couples from different cultures and/or religions, and we stuck with her because she's warm, witty, wise, and just a pleasure to be around. Since we live out of state and the one in-person meeting I was to have with her got thwarted by my delayed flight, we had all of our meetings via Skype. She got to know us so that we didn't feel we were getting married by a stranger. She and her husband Stephen, who did the rehearsal, helped us figure out how to keep things organized and what special touches we could add to the ceremony. She helped to make our ceremony fit our personalities and our relationship. The ceremony didn't feel cookie cutter at all, and that is thanks to Miriam.

Lindsay · Married on 07/09/2011

Stephen was my officiant for my wedding day and did a wonderful job. Prices were great and he took care of all my questions.

• kelly

kelly · Married on 06/04/2011

We hired Miriam, on a referral from a friend. The moment we met her we knew she would suit us just fine. We paid upfront and didn't regret it. She is adorable and funny and easy to talk to. She must do hundreds of weddings a year and it was so sweet that she got choked up from the words my husband spoke to my son during the ceremony. I would recommend her to anyone that wants some flexibility in their ceremony concerning religious beliefs or blending families, or just an all around great woman. Thanks Miriam!

Dana & Walied · Married on 06/06/2009

My husband and I could not be happier that Miriam Jerris of The Wedding Connection performed our ceremony. Miriam is an amazing person and she blended the perfect amount of grace, emotion and love in every word she spoke. We were moved beyond our expectations, as were our guests that are still commenting on how much the ceremony meant to them. We come from 2 very diverse backgrounds, but by the end of the ceremony we were all one. This incredible feeling stayed with us, our families and our guests throughout the evening that is being described by all who attended as "the best wedding they have ever been to". We truly thank Miriam for setting this warm and emotional tone and we will never forget her.

Amanda · Married on 08/08/2008

Miriam was great to work with! We really felt a connection with her right from the start and we felt she did an exceptional job at our ceremony:)

Antoinette · Married on 06/07/2008

Rabbi Miriam was a great help to us! We live in California but our wedding was in Michigan but she was still able to give us all kinds of help finding vendors!

Bethany · Married on 06/07/2008

Miriam was absolutely wonderful and exactly what we were looking for in an officiant. She presents beautifully, and makes it so easy to pick exactly what you want for your ceremony. We love Miriam!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/09/2017

We worked with Stephen on crafting a secular, humanist outdoor wedding, and we could not have asked for a better experience. We had several friends and relatives tell us how moving the ceremony was, and how it was the best wedding they had ever been too! He went above and beyond his responsibilities, running our rehearsal and staying very organized and responsive throughout the planning process. As for my partner and I, Stephen helped us put together a ceremony that perfectly reflected our shared values. We cannot thank him enough!

erica · Married on 07/09/2010

I used Miriam for our wedding officiant. Really the only reason we used her was there aren't many non religious wedding officiants around, however i don't regret the decision. Miriam helped us write & plan our ceremony & made an effort to get to know us & personalize our ceremony. She was really professional & helped keep everything moving smoothly at the wedding.

Lauren · Married on 05/31/2008

Miriam is a little pricey, but she was wonderful to work with. We met with her twice, and she really made an effort to get to know us. We were also late for one of our meeting (over an hour!) due to an accident on 275 (we literally went half a mile in 20 minutes!), and she worked with it, and it wasn’t an issue.
    She really personalized our ceremony, getting a friend to translate something into Hebrew for us. She’s super laid back which was nice. She also has tons of options for your ceremony. She has a thick booklet of probably 15-20 different possible elements for your ceremony, with at least 3 options for each, and you choose which elements you want, and which version. She’ll also modify and combine any if you like one but it’s not quite right. She also has supplemental booklets for every ethnicity, faith or possibly traditions. Jewish, Buddhist, Filipino, African America – just to name a few!
    The one quirky thing is she will not say G-d in any language – but she will modify any prayer, etc to be human-centric. We had one Hebrew prayer that we really wanted the traditional wording for, so we had my brother say it, which also added a nice element to the ceremony. So is you have a specific reading/prayer with G-d mentioned in it that you really want used in the original form, think about having someone close to you read it instead of her, it is a nice way to include it and them.
    Also, she does not do rehearsals. She will write out detailed instructions for you to do your own (which we did, and it was a bit chaotic at first, but it worked out and the day of was great) or, you can hire her husband to do it (for $100), knowing that he has discussed it with her in depth. Another alternative is to have your DOC or someone come with you to your final meeting, and she will go through it with them for them to run your rehearsal.
    She also rolled with the punches the day of for us. Our DJ was supposed to have a microphone for her and didn’t, but she just went with it. Also, the glass we were suppose to do our unity cup with blew over and broke before the ceremony, and she said, no problem, I have a silver cup in my car, we’ll use that, and it worked fine. Again, she was wonderful!

• Missycowa

Melissa · Married on 09/20/2008

3.5

Great company.

Katie · Married on 06/02/2008

3.5

We hired Stephen Stawicki of the Wedding Connection of to perform our ceremony. Overall he did a very good job. He had a pre-written script that we really liked and offered some ideas for additions. We also wrote our own vows and really customized our ceremony and he was very accommodating. His prices were very low too.

The only slight issues we had was that he was supposed to say "trust and fidelity" and he said "fatality". But we were the only ones who noticed and it gave us a laugh

belle · Married on 09/06/2009

3.2
      3.0
      2.5
      2.5

I hired Stephen as my day-of coordinator (not my officiant). His final price came in hundreds of dollars higher than he quoted (and assured) me -- mainly because he nickel-and-dimed me for every interaction (each email, phone call, etc -- including many that were quite unnecessary). He tried to strong-arm me in to doing traditions I didn't want -- and then literally pouted when I told him no. He did have some good advice and suggestions, so I was happy I only had to deal with him day-of instead of through the whole process.

Sent on 11/08/2009

The Wedding Connection's reply:

In every planners life there is a client that one should pass on. This was a client that sent every major planner in the area, a year before her wedding, a multipoint questionaire to the end that the planners that I spoke to felt that this person was starting their own business.
    When this client initially asked me my availability after the questionaire, I answered that I was booked.
    Somehow much later when I was asked about availability by her and without checking back to my files, I said I was available. My bad decision.
    Her wedding was a typical wedding with great vendors and a wonderful venue, but each area requiring input from me: including additional areas of help that the client required.
    This client knew before a contract was signed that my time runs plus or minus a couple of hours. So the accusation of hundreds of dollars and the " nickels and dimes" that the client elluded to, that came to just over $200.00, was unfounded.
    The bottom line is that the client did not value my time or others and felt it necessary to besmirch a twenty year reputation instead of focusing on what turned out to be her dream wedding day.
    I know this because of the look on her face when she walked in the room.