The Waterfall Catering & Special Events Reviews

124 | Claymont, DE

124 Reviews for The Waterfall Catering & Special Events

• User5361943 · 2+ years ago

I was meaning to write a review for weeks now. Should've done it earlier. The Waterfall hosted my wedding of 500+ guests. Brett, Maggie, and all the staff and managers were absolutely amazing. Our guests were super impressed (especially with the food!). The facility was beautiful and they really did take care of everything. I definitely needed help pulling this wedding together, and the staff were incredible and the whole day went smoothly! THANK YOU so so much for making our day so special! Definitely recommend this venue.

Sent on 08/19/2015

Christy · Married on 05/03/2015

My wedding at The Waterfall was better and more beautiful than I could every imagine! I was lucky enough to be the 2nd bride that was married at the gorgeous new ceremony space. When I first laid eyes on the completed space the day of the wedding I cried, it was WAY more than what I imagined! This new space is Spectacular, not to mention all the beautiful upgrades inside as well including the new hors d'oeovre space. It was truly the BEST day of my life. I worked with Brett and she is GREAT!!! She is very helpful and responsive, anytime I sent an email with a question no matter how big or small or ridiculous it was, I would always get a quick response from her. The entire staff was very accommodating. All of my guest rave about The Waterfall. One of my guest (who is 92) pulled me aside and told me this was the nicest wedding that she's ever been to (I thought at 92 years old I'm sure she has been to a lot of weddings in her day.) This was actually the first venue that I looked at, then I went and looked at 5 more venues and I was set on The Waterfall (one of the best decisions that I ever made.) I would highly recommend to anyone getting married to check The Waterfall out FIRST when venue shopping and you will see how high they set the bar and what all the other venues have to compete with.
    I want to give a huge THANKS to Brett and the entire Waterfall staff for giving me the PERFECT start to my "Happily Ever After!"

Sent on 05/20/2015

Rodney · Married on 04/24/2015

The Waterfall offered an exceptional wedding experience that our families have already titled the best wedding they ever attended. Bill was very attentive and provided above average service.

Sent on 05/02/2015

Hi Rodney,
    Thank you very much for choosing The Waterfall for your special day. We wish you and Harry all the best in your new life together.

Best Regards,

Cathy · Married on 04/12/2015

We held our wedding ceremony and reception here on 4/12/15. Maggie D, the event specialist, was with us every step of the way. Our wedding was perfect. Our guests were blown away by cocktail hour, the food stations and the butler hor d'oeuvres. The Waterfall staff provides first class service and cater to each guest with flair. I cannot tell you how many of our family and friends commented to us that this is the best wedding they have ever been too. That is exactly what we were going for. The Waterfall delivered exactly what they promised, a perfect wedding and reception.

We also had the perfect weather! Maggie, how did you manage to do that?

Sent on 04/15/2015

Bob and Cathy,
    We are so thrilled for the both of you starting your new married life together.
    It was our pleasure to host your special day and on behalf of the entire staff of the Waterfall, congratulations and best wishes.

Maggie · Married on 04/11/2015

Our wedding at The Waterfall was amazing! The staff is very welcoming, professional and efficient. They made us feel comfortable from the beginning. The facilities are beautiful and elegant. The food is delicious and there is so much to choose from. No one should leave hungry! Our guests still tell us its the best wedding they have ever been to. The Waterfall helped make our wedding a day we will never forget!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Hi Maggie,

It was our pleasure to host you for your special day. A heartfelt "Thank you" from the entire staff of The Waterfall.
    Best of luck on your new life together.

Nichele · Married on 03/15/2015

I would like to express what a WONDERFUL job The Waterfall did on making our special day memorable. I stumbled upon the Waterfall, talking my then Fiancé into seeing just one more venue. Once we walked into the Waterfall we just knew that this was the place! Fortunately, they were setting up for a wedding and Maggie kindly showed us around, giving us a sneak peak of how gorgeous their wedding events were. One word – Breathtaking.

After little convincing, we were dead set on booking this venue for our reception. Maggie di Girolamo was our personal Event Specialist and she was that and much more. I had refused to hire a Wedding Planner. Thank god I did because Maggie had everything under control. My reception went as planned and I didn’t have to worry about a thing.

It didn’t stop there!! They had a special surprise for us during our reception which they shared with everyone there. That day my husband and I felt like royalty. The Waterfall provided us with our personal Maitre D’ Andrew Stetson. He solely focused on the needs of the bridal party to which we never had to ask for a thing. Talk about being on point, he was on point.

Waterfall fulfilled all my needs. The food was phenomenal and plentiful. –guests are still talking about it. From the cocktail hour to the delicious dessert buffet with all the fixings. Even though our wedding took place in March there were plenty of beautiful places to take pictures inside and out. Also the accommodations were endless. I even got to make a signature drink – the Ty-ni-ni which was a hit.

Maggie and Andrew are a dynamite team and made the most important day of our lives unforgettable. Not only for my Husband and I, but for our friends and family. They get 4 thumbs up!!!!

Thank you Waterfall, Maggie and Andrew for making our wedding reception extraordinary! I suggest this dynamic duo to any and every one. You can thank me later.

Nichele Peaker f.k.a. Nichele Baldwin

Sent on 07/20/2015

Phat · Married on 03/08/2015

The Waterfall and its staff made our wedding day incredible!!! We worked with Maggie who always made us feel reassured and taken care of. They really bent over backwards for us especially when some errors were made on our part. This venue is spectacular and affordable. They were flexible with helping us stay within our budget and super creative and helpful with making sure we did stay within our budget. We received so many compliments about the staff and venue itself from our friends and family! Both are beautiful and one of a kind! When I walked in on our wedding day and saw the setup, I almost felt like we underpaid!!! The food was PHENOMENAL! Even talking about it now makes my mouth water. The cocktail hour was nonstop amazing food!!!! They even served chops skewered on a sword! Our guests agreed. Many people told us it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding (one said ever in his life!!!), they also said that it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to! I can't write enough about how wonderful, beautiful, magical our experience was at the Waterfall and with Maggie, our event planner/coordinator/fire putter outer/strategist/sanity restorer/fairy godmother!!! Lol! THIS is where you to go if you want to have a phenomenal wedding!

Sent on 03/23/2015

Brendan · Married on 01/16/2015

This venue was absolutely fantastic. From all the managers to our wedding coordinator to the staff, everyone here was unbelievably kind, generous, hard-working, and giving. Our wedding went perfectly despite all of our anxieties (non-venue related). Guests and vendors alike were wowed by the food quality and quantity. From the first day we visited the Waterfall to check it out until the night of our departure after the wedding, we were treated like VIP members. Our wedding coordinator here (if that's her title) alleviated our stress by a significant amount and did half of the work for us. It was truly a fantastic experience and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married.

Sent on 01/26/2015

Dawn · Married on 12/31/2014

The food was excellant. The cocktail hour was enjoyed by all. The dinner was delicious. Brett was fabulous. The hall has is beautiful from the foyer to the bridal suites.

Sent on 01/13/2015

Jewetta · Married on 11/01/2014

I would recommend The Waterfall to all of my friends and family. My husband and I were married at The Waterfall in the Cascade Room on 11/1/2014. The new renovations are absolutely beautiful. Maggie was absolutely wonderful. She was very attentive and answered all of our questions and concerns. The whole staff at The Waterfall was absolutely wonderful. My guests were so extremely impressed by the facility, the service, and most of all, the food. They are all still talking about it weeks later. On my wedding day, the staff was extremely attentive and was able to keep me calm. My special day was absolutely the way that I envisioned it.

Sent on 11/18/2014

The Waterfall Catering & Special Events's reply:

Congratulations Jewetta and Darren! It was our pleasure hosting your special day and I will pass on your wonderful praise to our entire staff. On behalf of everyone here at The Waterfall, we wish you all the success and happiness in your new life together.

John & Rhonda · Married on 10/25/2014

The Waterfall and it's entire staff were phenemonal, our Event Planner Maggie Girolamo was remarkable, we could not have choosen any other venue but the Waterfall.We are extremely thankful for making our wedding day breathtaking!

Sent on 11/05/2014

The Waterfall Catering & Special Events's reply:

We appreciate the kind words and I have already shared your review with our entire staff. It was an absolute pleasure hosting you and we wish you all the best in the future.

Kevin · Married on 10/18/2014

There are not enough words or time to describe the excellent service provided by Sales Manager Brett Ebling and the Waterfall staff. My Bride's personal attendant, Stefanie, was the BOMB! Our event was better than what we expected, however, if we had to choose words to describe it, these would be a few: Elegant, Outstanding, Professional, Excellent, Superb, Wow, Unforgettable, Marvelous, Beautiful, Personal, Unique, Spectacular... If you're looking for a venue, stop looking.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Kevin,
    Thank you for taking the time to praise our staff and share your thoughts on the event. We are thrilled you were pleased and don't hesitate to reach out to us if you ever need anything.

All the Best,

TJ · Married on 10/12/2014

entire experience with the staff was exceptional. extremely accommodating, worked with us at every turn and if there was an issue we had it was immediately taken care of. the day of our wedding was perfect and we could not have asked for more from a venue. i have encouraged anyone that is looking for a wedding venue to inquire with the waterfall. hoping someone bites so we can experience the venue and atmosphere again!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Monica · Married on 10/11/2014

We booked The Waterfall over a year before our wedding and they helped us along every step of the way. We got very lucky and were able to enjoy all of the new renovations they did for the price we signed our contract for. We were not able to have our ceremony on the patio as planned, but everything was still perfect that day and they made it up to us by allowing us to pick some extra food stations that our guests loved. We were told that on our wedding day we would not have to worry about a thing and we literally did not have to worry. Everything we dropped off was set up even better than I could have imagined.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Maggie will go above and beyond to make sure all your needs are met. The venue is completely renovated and everything is absolutely gorgeous! The food was also amazing. Be sure to check this place out!

Sent on 10/06/2014
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 09/20/2014

Our wedding was amazing! The venue was beautiful and the food was great! We had so much fun and it will be a night we will never forget.

Always, Bill was completely outstanding to work with and Amanda was a great great great server to the bride and groom!

Thanks You!

Sent on 10/06/2014

The Waterfall Catering & Special Events's reply:

Congratulations Kimberly. From the entire staff of The Waterfall, we wish you all the best and your new life with Matthew.

Evelyn · Married on 09/06/2014

Working with Brett, the event coordinator was wonderful. She was very receptive to our ideas and in tune with the type of event my daughter was planning. The food was delicious, expertly prepared and plentiful beyond belief. We continue to hear great reviews from the guests, especially the foodies in the crowd. This newly remodeled venue is a treasure that North Wilmington deserves. The convenient tristate location was exactly what my daughter was looking for. I would recommend the Waterfall to anyone planning a special event.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Dawn · Married on 08/16/2014

They provided me with a dream wedding. Everyone was extremely attentive and helpful. Bill and the rest of the staff there, even the owner, went out of their way to ensure that "their bride" had the wedding of her dreams.
    Thank you all so very much!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Where do I start!!?? There are so many amazing things to say about the waterfall. My husband and I had our wedding here on June 21 2014 and the staff here exceeded out expectations. Brett, Bill, Angelo and the wait staff went above and beyond to make our dream wedding come true. They are all extremely professional and took care of every need. The waterfalls ballroom is absolutely incredible. Everything is brand-new, clean, and modern. It is one of the most beautiful ballrooms I've ever seen. I'm so glad I chose my wedding venue to be here. Besides the service being impeccable, the food was out of this world. Cocktail hour started the night off right and it just got better. There was so much food everyone thought that cocktail hour was the actual dinner!!!! I cannot thank the waterfall enough for everything they did to make my day perfect. It felt so good hearing people compliment us on our venue and how much they enjoyed themselves. The waterfall staff truly made me one happy bride!! Thank you thank you thank you!!

The Newlyweds,
    Mr & Mrs Joseph Tapper

Sent on 06/23/2014

The Waterfall Catering & Special Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was our pleasure to host your wedding. On behalf of the entire staff of The Waterfall, we wish you all the best on your new life together. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to ask.

The Waterfall

I loved the Waterfall! The renovations that have been made surpassed my expectations! The good was great and Billy was beyond helpful throughout the entire planning process!

Sent on 06/20/2014

The Waterfall Catering & Special Events's reply:

We appreciate your praise and thank you for taking the time. I will pass on this review to not only Billy but our entire staff. Our passion is creating once in a lifetime events and there is no better feeling than seeing our brides and grooms having the times of their lives.

Wishing you all the best,

Diane · Married on 02/22/2014

Our daughter's wedding was 2/22/14. Amanda & Kevin chose Waterfall after meeting with Lucy last May. Their decision was based on the great reviews for the food and service provided by Waterfall. They also loved the Cascade Ball Room.

We met with Lucy and Benny and immediately felt very comfortable with our decision. They worked with us on our menu selections and customized our fish entrée which displayed how flexible they were. It was like working with family!

We learned shortly before the wedding reception that the Waterfall changed ownership and that remodeling was underway. We had a couple of concerns, but Marcus and the new management were quick to assure us that there would be no visible affect to our reception.

We were very pleased that they made good on their promise and everything went off without a hitch. The food was fantastic and the venue looked beautiful despite the planned changes.

The new Waterfall will be spectacular and Delaware will be very fortunate to have this remodeled venue available. We hope that we will have the opportunity to attend an affair in the future.

Thank you to Lucy, Benny and all the staff for making Amanda and Kevin's wedding so spectacular!

Diane & Aldo

Sent on 03/03/2014

Katrina · Married on 10/12/2013

We had a great experience with everyone at Waterfall. We met with Bill and decided pretty much on the spot that we wanted our reception there. He was very flexible with our schedules for meetings and answered my many questions. People still comment about the great atmosphere, food, and staff. Our day was perfect and everything went off without a hitch thanks to Bill, Lucy, and the great staff at Waterfall. I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

Sent on 04/10/2014

Kimmy · Married on 06/15/2013

Everything about our wedding was great! Great place, great staff, great service, great food, great family, great friends, and most of all a great wedding experience! Thank you so much to Bill and Lucy for not only making everything go smoothly but also catering to our every need! :)

Sent on 08/11/2013

Dawn · Married on 03/15/2013

We loved everything about the Waterfall. It is a beautiful place to have a wedding and we would recommend it to anyone. The staff were so nice and helpful. Bill was great to work with.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Jessica · Married on 02/23/2013

The Waterfall Banquet Center was absolutely wonderful. I would recommend them to everyone for all types of events.

Sent on 08/08/2013