The Vista on Seward Hill Reviews

The Vista on Seward Hill 4
The Vista on Seward Hill 5
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 10/26/2019

My dream wedding came true!

VOSH was amazing! Everything from the ceremony to send off was perfect ❤

There's nothing I would change from this experience.

Sent on 11/14/2019

BABERY AHMED · Married on 10/12/2019

Hidden Gem

Vista on Seward Hill gave us the dream-full wedding day, the venue is absolutely gorgeous. Soon as we met with Sidonee and Larry (the owners) it felt right, they were so kind and generous. Our wedding was perfect, friends and families said Vista is the "hidden gem in Austin."
    Love you Sidonee & Larry

Sent on 10/17/2019

Parker Yelverton · Married on 10/06/2019

The most amazing wedding!

Sidonee and Larry, the owners of The Vista on Seward Hill, and Anthony, sound and music coordinator (and so much more), promised to remove the stress of planning our wedding and to provide us with a relaxed, romantic and beautiful wedding day. They delivered even more than promised (and on short notice!!!). They were ALWAYS available to answer our questions and provide guidance. We used vendors from the venue's recommended list and could not have been happier. They worked together seamlessly to provide a flawless experience. Guest after guest commented on the beauty of The Vista on Seward Hill, which was the absolutely perfect venue for our wedding. My beautiful bride and I thank you Sidonee, Larry and Anthony for the most AMAZING wedding!!!

Sent on 10/26/2019

Leony Chang · Married on 05/24/2019

Perfect venue for your dream wedding

This venue is as beautiful as it seems on the pictures. Dreamy and romantic. We're so happy we've found this wonderful place to share our biggest moment in lives. The venue holders and DJ are super warm and helpful. We didn't even need to hire a wedding planner/coordinator since the DJ already helped to coordinate all the work!!! Sedoni and Larry are super nice and responsive. It's definitely the perfect venue for your dream wedding.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Amanda · Married on 04/13/2019

I would tell them to go for it! Anthony did a tremendous job showing us around the venue! The pricing is reasonable with what the price includes!! Great property and lovely view!!

Sent on 10/24/2016
  • Kelly

Kelly Wenger · Married on 04/06/2019

Stunning venue, best night of our lives!

We got married on April 6th at VoSH. Larry and Sidonee were SO amazing throughout the entire process and we could not have picked a better venue. We had a same sex Hindu Christian fusion wedding and our 125 guests were taken care of and easily accommodated at the venue. I highly recommend these folks to everyone, but especially to the LGBTQ population. We will never forget our wonderful day and VOSH will be a highlight memory for years to come. And I might add, it's BEAUTIFUL and all the remodel updates were finished and looked spectacular. Would recommend again and again!

Sent on 04/28/2019

Karen · Married on 03/16/2019

The Vista on Seward Hill is the most beautiful venue located in Austin, Texas! I am so very thankful for Sidonee and her team for making my sorority's formal a success, thats right, SORORITY FORMAL! I did not expect a wedding venue to adjust to our needs, but VOSH did. They went above and beyond and included services that helped me (the planner of the event) out. The venue is absolutely spectacular as every ne of our sisters thought so too. It's also hard to please 200+ people, but at VOSH, everyone had a great time. There are three convenient bars, photo opportunities just about everywhere you turn, a rockin' dancefloor + a rockin' DJ. My favorite thing about Vosh was that it was secluded from the city, and it was like our event was in its own private city. I can go on and on about how wonderful VOSH is. I got engaged recently, and I definetly know where I'm going to get married in the years to come. Thank you so much VOSH.

Sent on 05/23/2017

Carolyn Mao · Married on 11/03/2018

Gorgeous, hill country venue minutes from downtown

The Vista on Seward Hill is a hidden gem, 10-15min from downtown, yet peaceful and full of hill country magic! As many reviewers have mentioned, Larry and Sidonee couldn't be easier to work with! From open houses to an open-door policy, I visited the venue on several occasions with vendors, family, or just to see how the outdoors transformed in different seasons. They were easy to communicate with and always flexible with my schedule! You'd be hard pressed to find another venue, at this price point, that comes with as many amenities and details as VOSH. Anthony, the DJ whose services come with the venue price, works so hard maintaining the grounds, and he knows the property inside and out. He ensured the timeline went off without a hitch, but there were a couple lull moments where guests weren't necessarily feeling the music - in hindsight, I wish I would have asked him to change the song as soon as the dance floor started to empty. Our wedding was on 11/3/2018, and it rained for weeks prior to our big day. Sidonee constantly updated us and worked with our coordinator to edit reception table arrangements to ensure our guests didn't sink. As luck would have it, we had perfect weather, and the outdoor ceremony and reception were gorgeous. I spent almost nothing on decor, as VOSH came with luxurious velvet sofas and tables, cocktail hour fire tables, plenty of greenery, and much more. We did a ton of research on caterers, coordinators, and photographers, but ended up going with the ones initially suggested by Sidonee - they have been in the business long enough to know who can be held accountable to make your life SO easy the day-of.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Alyssa · Married on 10/27/2018

Hidden Gem of Austin

This venue is absolutely gorgeous and they are always improving it. If you are looking for a venue that is close to downtown and surrounding hotels but secluded at the same time then this venue is for you. Plus you get the benefit of having Sidonee and Larry to work with. They were super helpful during the whole planning process, with not only recommending vendors to use but if you had any questions about anything they had the answer or could steer you in the right direction. Anthony at the Vista made the day of go off without a hitch, he kept us on schedule the entire night. I would definitely recommend this place, you will not be disappointed.

The Vista on Seward Hill 6
    The Vista on Seward Hill 7
    The Vista on Seward Hill 8
    Sent on 01/08/2019

Maggie · Married on 10/20/2018

Dreamy Intimate Backyard Wedding

Larry and Sidonee are a dream to work with- they were so accommodating during every step of the process. We had the wedding of our dreams come true at their venue! The oak trees, fountains and koi fish ponds created a magical experience. We flipped the ceremony space into dining after which we highly recommend- and the fire cocktail tables were perfect for when the temperature dipped in the evening. It was beyond our wildest dreams perfect!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Michelle · Married on 05/26/2018

Sidonee & Larry Seward are so nice and flexible. The property was perfect and everyone loved it!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Cody · Married on 05/05/2018

I'm a wedding fiddler and I recently played my cousin's ceremony there. I have to say the grounds are absolutely beautiful. You can not take a bad picture there. Anthony, the manager, is an absolute rockstar! He could not be a nicer person. He had everything in hand and under control. The man cheerfully strove to make sure every detail came off perfect. I can tell you the bride and her mother were ecstatic. If you want a guaranteed perfect wedding, this is your place.

The Vista on Seward Hill 9
    Sent on 05/08/2018

Briana · Married on 05/05/2018

I originally saw this property two years ago and instantly fell in love. The second I walked up and saw the amazing trees, the music playing, and where I would walk down the aisle, I knew I needed to get married here. The vibes are fantastic and fit an Austin wedding perfectly. Larry and Sidonee were fantastic hosts and extremely helpful. My family really enjoyed getting to know them and I can't thank the both of you enough for everything you've done. Every single one of my guests were absolutely in love with the venue and the wedding was so beautiful. Seriously out of a fairytale. Thank you both so much for a memory I will never forget. Fantastic venue and the most genuine, kindhearted people who run it and love what they do, which makes it even better.

The Vista on Seward Hill 10
    Sent on 05/20/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah Heugel · Married on 04/21/2018

The Vista on Seward Hill - AMAZING

From the moment my wife and I pulled up to The Vista on Seward Hill (VOSH), we knew there was something very magical about this place. The family that owns the property is so loving, caring, and are willing to go above and beyond your needs to make your event a memorable one. Larry and Sidonne Seward were such a joy to work with and we can assure you, they will not disappoint! The property alone sells itself. We were in awe of everything offered after we finished touring the beautiful venue. Anthony, their professional onsite DJ and wedding coordinator included with the venue, was outstanding and made our lives stress free for our special day. Matt Montalvo, who was our photographer recommended by Larry and Sidonne, was very familiar with the venue. He captured the essence of our memorable day in unbelievable pictures! He is truly a professional that understands timing, lighting, and capturing all the moments at the secret garden, the hill country sunset, and our first dance with the alluring chandelier as the background! We searched many venues in Austin and the Vista on Seward Hill was by far the best. The surroundings and venue alone are beautiful even without any decorations. From the choice of indoor or outdoor seating and/or reception, to the timeless water fountains/koi ponds and the lush canopy above, and to the gorgeous chandelier in the dance hall, this property has numerous facets that truly are a niche in the wedding venue world. Do yourself a favor and look no further. You can tell these people love what they do by the quality of care and love given to the property and to the wedding couple. Thank you for the memories of a lifetime Vista on Seward Hill!!!

The Vista on Seward Hill 15
    The Vista on Seward Hill 16
    The Vista on Seward Hill 17
    The Vista on Seward Hill 18
    The Vista on Seward Hill 19
    Sent on 10/31/2018

Rimi · Married on 12/15/2017

My husband and I absolutely loved Vista on Seward Hill! The venue is beautiful and recent renovations really set it apart from anything else we saw in the city. A new $20k elegant chandelier to dance under, modern and grand blue velvet upholstery, fresh paint on the outside of the venue!

We hosted a Sangeet (i.e. a ~185 person Indian rehearsal dinner) at the Vista and the venue fit perfectly. It was both spacious, yet still intimate. We were easily able to interact with all of our guests. Sidonee and Larry who own the space are incredibly sweet and genuinely cared about us having a beautiful and memorable event. They both stepped in to oversee the set-up and Sidonee was very responsive and helpful pre-event via email.

Useful notes:
    Vista has a few strict rules, make sure to plan around (i.e. start time, end time, baby sitter requirements, etc.). The rules are all reasonable and we appreciated that everything was clear and transparent from the beginning.

DJ & Music - The Vista comes with their own DJ (Anthony) and the venue is wired for sound (for music and announcements) the whole way through which is incredibly convenient if you are hosting an indoor/outdoor event. Anthony is fantastic. Anthony helped block time for a rehearsal to make sure he knew the flow of the event in terms of music expectations, key announcements (i.e. speeches, dance performances, when dinner was ready, and buses were leaving). He was great about following the event time line and making sure we stayed on schedule.

Food - The venue has a limited list of pre-approved vendors they work with for catering, that said the options were fantastic. We ended up falling in love with Rosemary’s Catering.

Weather - We hosted our event in December, ended up being in the low 50s/upper 40s. With 5 outdoor heaters combined with the venue's fire tables we were outside for a while.

Driveway - Recommend no larger than 25-30 person motor coach because of the steep driveway.

Sent on 02/17/2018
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 11/11/2017

Exceptional & Gorgeous Venue

The staff at VOSH are simply incredible. From being flexible with our date selection and their reasonable rates, to DJ and MC Anthony being so on top of the landscaping, cleanliness, sound, audio and visuals in addition to directing our guests with announcements over the sound system, everyone LOVED this secret garden hidden gem of a venue! Service from staff was excellent and they followed through in what they promised. The fire tables were never equipped with the water bowls filled with floating petal center pieces but it ended up being okay to have the space in the center for drinks and such. Everyone loved the beauty of this venue so so much! Suggestions for anyone - people loved the slide show feature on the dance floor area! A/C worked perfectly and microphones all worked great to pick up our voices the day of. Rehearsal went quickly and seamlessly too! Anthony’s done this A LOT so you’re in great hands with him but I’d recommend a planner in tandem.

Sent on 08/14/2019

Maura · Married on 11/05/2017

A lot of venues can be beautiful but VOSH is not only breath taking the owners Sidonee & Larry are absolutely amazing, kind, fabulous and very special people. They made sure we had everything we needed while giving me endless tips to save money, provided incredible vendors to assist with added discounts just because people love them both so much. There wasn’t one hiccup and it ended up being a day out of a fairy tale! We will go back to celebrate our anniversaries and feel as if we gained two life long friends as well! You won’t regret choosing VOSH!!! Thanks for making our special day a dream come true! Lots of love - The Choates

The Vista on Seward Hill 20
    The Vista on Seward Hill 21
    Sent on 12/05/2017

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

We had our wedding at the Vista on 11/4. We got engaged a few months after moving from Austin to Portland, OR - so we decided that getting married in Austin was the best choice. I was stressed about having to plan a wedding from halfway across the country, but after finding this venue and calling and speaking with Sidonee over the phone, I was put at ease! I felt so comfortable speaking with her we booked the venue without seeing it in person. Our first trip to Austin we went by the venue for a tour and I was in LOVE. The photos are beautiful but there's nothing like seeing it in person! After meeting with the DJ, Anthony, I knew everything was going to go smoothly. He runs the show perfectly and on the day of our wedding I didn't worry about a thing! This venue was absolutely magical, everyone we encountered that worked with the venue was helpful and friendly - I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 12/12/2017

Kimberly · Married on 07/02/2017

VOSH is a beautiful wedding venue and also nice for special events. Sidonee and her husband at VOSH were great and very welcoming! They were helpful and clear throughout the whole process. They were always quick to return my phone calls and had no problems whenever I needed to go to the venue to take my vendors to check out the place. Anthony(dj/sound man at VOSH) was also great. He helped with getting our slideshow up for the day of, and also was there for the rehearsal and the day of to help run things(music, microphones, wedding party entrance) smoothly. Sean(her son) was helpful with getting the uplighting done for us throughout the whole venue. Which made the place look beautiful. I would highly recommend his services. They have a great team at VOSH. I was blessed to have the opportunity to work with such great people. I would highly recommend VOSH for anyone looking to have a wedding or special event.

Sent on 09/26/2017

Kim · Married on 05/26/2017

We had our May 26, 2017 wedding at Vista on Seward Hill (or VOSH). When I first stepped into VOSH, it felt "magical." It is just beautiful and green and always looked great no matter when we went (we visited the venue several times before our wedding). It's a very unique venue where the dinner hall is in a separate house from the reception area, so guests move into the reception area after dinner. Larry and Sidonee, the owners of the venue, were so friendly and helpful throughout the process. (They seem very respected in the Austin wedding community.) They made some changes to VOSH over the course of a few weeks right before our wedding (which I admit, did give us some minor heart attacks). Most of the changes were great though--they installed a beautiful new bar in the reception hall, but a few changes I was not as crazy about. For instance, the black archway that was covered in lights was taken down. Fortunately, they were willing to put it back up for our wedding and our guests loved taking pictures there. Several of our guests commented about how beautiful the venue was. You also really don't need that many decorations/flowers since it's so lush and green (we only had a few fake flower arrangements). Another great thing about VOSH is that you get a lot of bang for your buck as the price of the venue includes a DJ and day-of coordinator--Anthony. Anthony kept our wedding running smoothly and his song selection during the reception was great. (My one minor quibble is that he was sometimes slow to respond to our emails.) We are so glad we choose VOSH for our wedding!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Elaine · Married on 04/09/2017

Everyone who came to the wedding and saw photos raved about our venue. The Vista on Seward Hill was absolutely stunning. I didn't want to wedding to end. Sidonee made everything so easy to set up. And Anthony was perfect in every way. If I could give VoSH more stars, I would. Loved it.

Sent on 05/06/2017

Brian · Married on 04/09/2017

We had such an amazing Wedding at VOSH. Sidonee was so helpful, she gave us numbers to vendors and made the process so easy. Anthony is a brilliant host who made us feel at ease. The venue is absolutely breathtaking, everyone was raving about it. Could not recommend it any higher!

The Vista on Seward Hill 22
    The Vista on Seward Hill 23
    The Vista on Seward Hill 24
    Sent on 09/26/2017

Stephanie · Married on 03/06/2017

Honestly, VOSH was perfect down to the scenery and staff. The owners were very, very helpful and more than accommodating for follow up questions even after our wedding day. They worked really well with our budget and offered suggestions as well as added time to review our seating arrangement. They felt like family by the time our big day came as they knew what to take care of before we even asked. I would highly recommend the Vista on Seward Hill!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Carole · Married on 02/26/2017

Having my wedding here was the best! I really enjoyed how stress free they made the entire experience. The location is beautiful and will forever be in our hearts. The owners are really kind and very flexible... They made sure our day was spectacular!

Sent on 03/07/2017

Becky · Married on 11/04/2016

I can't say enough good things about VOSH! Sidonee is amazing and would respond quickly to all of my emails. The grounds were beautiful!! We had many guests say it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been too, which shows the work they put into the venue! I would book this venue over and over again!!

Sent on 12/22/2016