The Vista on Seward Hill Reviews

59 | Austin, TX

59 Reviews for The Vista on Seward Hill

59 The Vista on Seward Hill Reviews

Amanda · Getting married on 04/13/2019

I would tell them to go for it! Anthony did a tremendous job showing us around the venue! The pricing is reasonable with what the price includes!! Great property and lovely view!!

Karen · Getting married on 03/16/2019

The Vista on Seward Hill is the most beautiful venue located in Austin, Texas! I am so very thankful for Sidonee and her team for making my sorority's formal a success, thats right, SORORITY FORMAL! I did not expect a wedding venue to adjust to our needs, but VOSH did. They went above and beyond and included services that helped me (the planner of the event) out. The venue is absolutely spectacular as every ne of our sisters thought so too. It's also hard to please 200+ people, but at VOSH, everyone had a great time. There are three convenient bars, photo opportunities just about everywhere you turn, a rockin' dancefloor + a rockin' DJ. My favorite thing about Vosh was that it was secluded from the city, and it was like our event was in its own private city. I can go on and on about how wonderful VOSH is. I got engaged recently, and I definetly know where I'm going to get married in the years to come. Thank you so much VOSH.

Maggie · Married on 10/20/2018

Dreamy Intimate Backyard Wedding

Larry and Sidonee are a dream to work with- they were so accommodating during every step of the process. We had the wedding of our dreams come true at their venue! The oak trees, fountains and koi fish ponds created a magical experience. We flipped the ceremony space into dining after which we highly recommend- and the fire cocktail tables were perfect for when the temperature dipped in the evening. It was beyond our wildest dreams perfect!

Michelle · Married on 05/26/2018

Sidonee & Larry Seward are so nice and flexible. The property was perfect and everyone loved it!

Cody · Married on 05/05/2018

I'm a wedding fiddler and I recently played my cousin's ceremony there. I have to say the grounds are absolutely beautiful. You can not take a bad picture there. Anthony, the manager, is an absolute rockstar! He could not be a nicer person. He had everything in hand and under control. The man cheerfully strove to make sure every detail came off perfect. I can tell you the bride and her mother were ecstatic. If you want a guaranteed perfect wedding, this is your place.

The Vista on Seward Hill 1

Briana · Married on 05/05/2018

I originally saw this property two years ago and instantly fell in love. The second I walked up and saw the amazing trees, the music playing, and where I would walk down the aisle, I knew I needed to get married here. The vibes are fantastic and fit an Austin wedding perfectly. Larry and Sidonee were fantastic hosts and extremely helpful. My family really enjoyed getting to know them and I can't thank the both of you enough for everything you've done. Every single one of my guests were absolutely in love with the venue and the wedding was so beautiful. Seriously out of a fairytale. Thank you both so much for a memory I will never forget. Fantastic venue and the most genuine, kindhearted people who run it and love what they do, which makes it even better.

The Vista on Seward Hill 2
    The Vista on Seward Hill 3
    The Vista on Seward Hill 4
    The Vista on Seward Hill 5
    The Vista on Seward Hill 6
  • Sarah

Sarah Heugel · Married on 04/21/2018

The Vista on Seward Hill - AMAZING

From the moment my wife and I pulled up to The Vista on Seward Hill (VOSH), we knew there was something very magical about this place. The family that owns the property is so loving, caring, and are willing to go above and beyond your needs to make your event a memorable one. Larry and Sidonne Seward were such a joy to work with and we can assure you, they will not disappoint! The property alone sells itself. We were in awe of everything offered after we finished touring the beautiful venue. Anthony, their professional onsite DJ and wedding coordinator included with the venue, was outstanding and made our lives stress free for our special day. Matt Montalvo, who was our photographer recommended by Larry and Sidonne, was very familiar with the venue. He captured the essence of our memorable day in unbelievable pictures! He is truly a professional that understands timing, lighting, and capturing all the moments at the secret garden, the hill country sunset, and our first dance with the alluring chandelier as the background! We searched many venues in Austin and the Vista on Seward Hill was by far the best. The surroundings and venue alone are beautiful even without any decorations. From the choice of indoor or outdoor seating and/or reception, to the timeless water fountains/koi ponds and the lush canopy above, and to the gorgeous chandelier in the dance hall, this property has numerous facets that truly are a niche in the wedding venue world. Do yourself a favor and look no further. You can tell these people love what they do by the quality of care and love given to the property and to the wedding couple. Thank you for the memories of a lifetime Vista on Seward Hill!!!

The Vista on Seward Hill 7
    The Vista on Seward Hill 8
    The Vista on Seward Hill 9
    The Vista on Seward Hill 10
    The Vista on Seward Hill 11

Rimi · Married on 12/15/2017

My husband and I absolutely loved Vista on Seward Hill! The venue is beautiful and recent renovations really set it apart from anything else we saw in the city. A new $20k elegant chandelier to dance under, modern and grand blue velvet upholstery, fresh paint on the outside of the venue!

We hosted a Sangeet (i.e. a ~185 person Indian rehearsal dinner) at the Vista and the venue fit perfectly. It was both spacious, yet still intimate. We were easily able to interact with all of our guests. Sidonee and Larry who own the space are incredibly sweet and genuinely cared about us having a beautiful and memorable event. They both stepped in to oversee the set-up and Sidonee was very responsive and helpful pre-event via email.

Useful notes:
    Vista has a few strict rules, make sure to plan around (i.e. start time, end time, baby sitter requirements, etc.). The rules are all reasonable and we appreciated that everything was clear and transparent from the beginning.

DJ & Music - The Vista comes with their own DJ (Anthony) and the venue is wired for sound (for music and announcements) the whole way through which is incredibly convenient if you are hosting an indoor/outdoor event. Anthony is fantastic. Anthony helped block time for a rehearsal to make sure he knew the flow of the event in terms of music expectations, key announcements (i.e. speeches, dance performances, when dinner was ready, and buses were leaving). He was great about following the event time line and making sure we stayed on schedule.

Food - The venue has a limited list of pre-approved vendors they work with for catering, that said the options were fantastic. We ended up falling in love with Rosemary’s Catering.

Weather - We hosted our event in December, ended up being in the low 50s/upper 40s. With 5 outdoor heaters combined with the venue's fire tables we were outside for a while.

Driveway - Recommend no larger than 25-30 person motor coach because of the steep driveway.

Maura · Married on 11/05/2017

A lot of venues can be beautiful but VOSH is not only breath taking the owners Sidonee & Larry are absolutely amazing, kind, fabulous and very special people. They made sure we had everything we needed while giving me endless tips to save money, provided incredible vendors to assist with added discounts just because people love them both so much. There wasn’t one hiccup and it ended up being a day out of a fairy tale! We will go back to celebrate our anniversaries and feel as if we gained two life long friends as well! You won’t regret choosing VOSH!!! Thanks for making our special day a dream come true! Lots of love - The Choates

The Vista on Seward Hill 12
    The Vista on Seward Hill 13

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

We had our wedding at the Vista on 11/4. We got engaged a few months after moving from Austin to Portland, OR - so we decided that getting married in Austin was the best choice. I was stressed about having to plan a wedding from halfway across the country, but after finding this venue and calling and speaking with Sidonee over the phone, I was put at ease! I felt so comfortable speaking with her we booked the venue without seeing it in person. Our first trip to Austin we went by the venue for a tour and I was in LOVE. The photos are beautiful but there's nothing like seeing it in person! After meeting with the DJ, Anthony, I knew everything was going to go smoothly. He runs the show perfectly and on the day of our wedding I didn't worry about a thing! This venue was absolutely magical, everyone we encountered that worked with the venue was helpful and friendly - I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone!

Kimberly · Married on 07/02/2017

VOSH is a beautiful wedding venue and also nice for special events. Sidonee and her husband at VOSH were great and very welcoming! They were helpful and clear throughout the whole process. They were always quick to return my phone calls and had no problems whenever I needed to go to the venue to take my vendors to check out the place. Anthony(dj/sound man at VOSH) was also great. He helped with getting our slideshow up for the day of, and also was there for the rehearsal and the day of to help run things(music, microphones, wedding party entrance) smoothly. Sean(her son) was helpful with getting the uplighting done for us throughout the whole venue. Which made the place look beautiful. I would highly recommend his services. They have a great team at VOSH. I was blessed to have the opportunity to work with such great people. I would highly recommend VOSH for anyone looking to have a wedding or special event.

Kim · Married on 05/26/2017

We had our May 26, 2017 wedding at Vista on Seward Hill (or VOSH). When I first stepped into VOSH, it felt "magical." It is just beautiful and green and always looked great no matter when we went (we visited the venue several times before our wedding). It's a very unique venue where the dinner hall is in a separate house from the reception area, so guests move into the reception area after dinner. Larry and Sidonee, the owners of the venue, were so friendly and helpful throughout the process. (They seem very respected in the Austin wedding community.) They made some changes to VOSH over the course of a few weeks right before our wedding (which I admit, did give us some minor heart attacks). Most of the changes were great though--they installed a beautiful new bar in the reception hall, but a few changes I was not as crazy about. For instance, the black archway that was covered in lights was taken down. Fortunately, they were willing to put it back up for our wedding and our guests loved taking pictures there. Several of our guests commented about how beautiful the venue was. You also really don't need that many decorations/flowers since it's so lush and green (we only had a few fake flower arrangements). Another great thing about VOSH is that you get a lot of bang for your buck as the price of the venue includes a DJ and day-of coordinator--Anthony. Anthony kept our wedding running smoothly and his song selection during the reception was great. (My one minor quibble is that he was sometimes slow to respond to our emails.) We are so glad we choose VOSH for our wedding!

Elaine · Married on 04/09/2017

Everyone who came to the wedding and saw photos raved about our venue. The Vista on Seward Hill was absolutely stunning. I didn't want to wedding to end. Sidonee made everything so easy to set up. And Anthony was perfect in every way. If I could give VoSH more stars, I would. Loved it.

Brian · Married on 04/09/2017

We had such an amazing Wedding at VOSH. Sidonee was so helpful, she gave us numbers to vendors and made the process so easy. Anthony is a brilliant host who made us feel at ease. The venue is absolutely breathtaking, everyone was raving about it. Could not recommend it any higher!

The Vista on Seward Hill 14
    The Vista on Seward Hill 15
    The Vista on Seward Hill 16

Stephanie · Married on 03/06/2017

Honestly, VOSH was perfect down to the scenery and staff. The owners were very, very helpful and more than accommodating for follow up questions even after our wedding day. They worked really well with our budget and offered suggestions as well as added time to review our seating arrangement. They felt like family by the time our big day came as they knew what to take care of before we even asked. I would highly recommend the Vista on Seward Hill!

Carole · Married on 02/26/2017

Having my wedding here was the best! I really enjoyed how stress free they made the entire experience. The location is beautiful and will forever be in our hearts. The owners are really kind and very flexible... They made sure our day was spectacular!

Becky · Married on 11/04/2016

I can't say enough good things about VOSH! Sidonee is amazing and would respond quickly to all of my emails. The grounds were beautiful!! We had many guests say it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been too, which shows the work they put into the venue! I would book this venue over and over again!!

Susan · Married on 10/11/2016

This is one of the most beautiful venues that we visited. It is charming, full of character and the owners Larry and Sidonnee were absolutely amazing. They have a list of preferred vendors for catering and we selected Sterling Affairs, who have apparently been doing events at VOSH for years. Between the two we could not have been happier. as they all seemed to know what they were doing to make life easier. There is a lighting company that can hang chandeliers. I highly recommend that because it truly makes the venue so unique.
    We looked at several venues in the Hill Country, but none held a candle to VOSH. The location to Austin and shopping and hotels is wonderful.
    If you ever visit, I am convinced you will not want to go anywhere else for your wedding.
    One of the most impressive things is that they have an inhouse DJ., although that is an understatement, because he is a wedding planner, DJ and so many other things. He is kind, so welcoming and an absolute asset to the venue.
    If you are concerned about people not dancing, don't worry. We had so many people dancing because he played such great music.
    What memories we will have.
    I would definitely select VOSH for any type of event, but for a wedding, ABSOLUTELY STUNNING.

This venue is so beautiful. They already have so much going on with their ambience I didn't really have to add that much stuff for decor. Any time I had a question or concern, the owners were very easy to talk to and flexible with their time. I highly recommend this venue if you want a cozy garden wedding.

Rebecca · Married on 10/10/2015

Sidonee and Larry own the property and are probably the nicest people I've ever met. Larry gave us the tour and was simply witty, sincere and more than welcoming. I felt as if we were having our wedding at our grandparent's home. They could not have made this experience more amazing. Every guest at my wedding said this was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. Please don't make a decision based on the photos, you must take time out to go visit. I would not have chosen them based on the photos. I cannot say enough good things about this place.

Maci · Married on 06/13/2015

Absolutely love this venue!! I had my wedding here and they owner was beyond sweet and helpful with everything!

Shari · Married on 06/06/2015

I can't say enough about the Krenek's, they're just flat out awesome they're very welcoming and made the process very easy. They're responsive to emails and worked well with my schedule for vendor meetings. It was clear to me they've done a ton of events and have thought through a lot of the details you may not have. The venue is very beautiful and really doesn't need a lot of decoration but can certainly handle it if you choose to go that route (I did) VOSH was the perfect venue for my wedding. Its affordable and easy to get to. An easy 5 stars for me!

Jennifer · Married on 05/07/2015

I very recently had my wedding here and I can't say enough about this beautiful venue. The first time I saw it I absolutely fell in love with it's charm. The owners treat you as though your their own daughter. I can't remember countless times I have call Sidonee and asked a bunch of questions. I would say she was very professional but she was more than that. She took on the mother hen role and calmed my nerves and assured me my wedding was going to be beautiful. There was a 50% chance of rain on my wedding day. Sidonee and Anthony ( the DJ, who is also amazing!!!) had the weather down to a science and assured me I was not going to have a rained out wedding. Absolutely LOVE these people!
    I have posted my stuff for sale on local Face Book pages. I used pictures from my wedding and countless of people have asked where my venue was and how beautiful it is. I have proudly told everyone on public sites about the VOSH.
    If your a bride or family member of the bride looking for the perfect venue and looking for a venue that offers more services than just a place to hold your wedding this is your one stop shop!

Heather · Married on 11/01/2014

The Vista on Seward Hill is by far one of the best venues in the Austin area. Everything we were looking for was at one location. My fiancé and I had friends who were married at VOSH and it was amazing! Absolute stunning indoor/ outdoor venue that would work for any type of wedding. Everything ran smoothly and professionally with no hiccups. I was 100% sure after witnessing such a magical celebration that that is where I wanted to be married. Sidonee and her staff are way beyond exceptional when it comes to questions or returning emails. They are so prompt and helpful that it makes this whole experience so enjoyable. VOSH is a top notch venue with the best coordinators one could only dream of.