The Villa at Ridder Country Club Reviews

366 | East Bridgewater, MA

366 Reviews for The Villa at Ridder Country Club

• Kevin

Kevin P. · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Incredible wedding, in the midst of Covid

From the moment that we stepped foot into the Madera Room at The Villa, we fell in love with it. Everything was so cozy, from the wooden beams across the ceiling, to the fireplaces on either end of the room.
    They also just so happened to have an October date still available, which sealed the deal! We booked in February....and then Covid hit. Planning a wedding during a global pandemic is a daunting task, but the staff at The Villa made it so much easier! Elizabeth, our wedding coordinator, was very communicative throughout the entire process, keeping us up to date with what the governor was saying, along with what the guidelines were at The Villa. We had to change multiple things due to restrictions, including moving from the Madera Room to The Tent outside. The Tent had a different feel from the Madera Room, but was still just as beautiful. We also were forced to significantly cut out guest list by more than 50%. Each step of the way, Elizabeth and the sales team helped us figure out what would work best for us and our day. The day of the wedding went off without a hitch. We had not only Elizabeth, but also had a bridal attendant and an event manager. The staff were always available for anything we needed, and quietly took care of everything behind the scenes. Despite all of the changes, we could not have been more pleased with our decision to have our wedding at The Villa. After speaking with our guests, many have agreed that it was one of the most well run weddings that they have been to, and that the food was phenomenal!

Sent on 11/03/2020
  • Christine

Christine H. · Married on 07/01/2021

Absolutely Amazing

I knew Saphire was our number one choice from the second I stepped inside. The venue is gorgeous and more importantly the staff was so polite, friendly and helpful. Hillary Wesson made our experience what it was! She truly is a gem. She is the most hard working and caring person who truly wants to make your wedding day so special. I felt so comfortable knowing she had everything under control. She decorated the venue for us beautifully!!! The food is also outstanding. Our guests complimented how amazing their dinner was- especially the braised beef. I HIGHLY recommend Saphire for your wedding day. You won’t be disappointed!!

Sent on 07/14/2021
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/06/2021

Not our original venue but just as amazing

We were originally supposed to be married on 5/16/20 at Avenir (another SEG property) but with all the covid restrictions we had the opportunity to change to the tent at the Villa and jumped on the chance to finally get our wedding done! SEG was very easy to work with rescheduling our date twice during covid. We had to have a bit of back and forth about money when we changed from Avenir to The Villa, we had to drop our guest count down to 150 from about 180-200 people. 30 or so people does not seem like alot but it was hard for us to do and SEG at first was not willing to drop the price but in the end we were able to come to an agreement and I am so happy we did! We could not have been happier with the fact that our original wedding producer Sydney was able to move from Avenir to The Villa and continue working with us, having put in so much time and effort with her made the transition from venue to venue even smoother. When our guests did not arrive on time due to the transportation place “forgetting” to send the buses to get them she was very calm and cool during the crazy, she came to me with her plan and kept us on track while dealing with myself, parents and bridal party freaking out. She was a huge help in making my vintage wedding dreams come true, I decided to be the florist and decorator and when I dropped off all my diy stuff she set it up perfectly! I hate to do it since it was the wedding of my dreams, but if I had to point out any negatives from that day, the only thing was my groom has an allergy to strawberries and even though they knew this there was still strawberries on the cheese and cracker plate in the bridal suite that noone could enjoy so I was a bit hangry by the time the hors d’oeuvres were served! I am still getting compliments on the venue itself, the food and the service. I choose to originally go with an SEG venue since I have had multiple friends use them in the past and it shows why they are one of the best in the state at what they do. Thank you to everyone we had the chance to work with over the past 1.5 years during one of the most crazy times in all of our lives.

Sent on 06/11/2021
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/29/2021

The Most Amazing Rainy Day

The journey of wedding planning was difficult for everyone during covid. All we could do was be patient. There were SO MANY CHANGES from having to postpone our wedding to constant changes to covid restrictions to it raining during our ceremony that was supposed to be outside. The Villa, and more specifically our coordinator, Sydney, were cool, calm, and collected. The ceremony in the tent was beautiful and we had the most amazing day. Sydney was the best part of working with the Villa. She was accommodating, supportive, and on top of EVERYTHING. The reception was a blast, the bartenders were phenomenal, and the food was delicious. Overall, we were very happy with our experience.

Sent on 07/19/2021

Lynne C. · Married on 03/05/2021

Erin & Dave's wedding was amazing.

Our daughter got married on 5/25. The wedding was absolutely amazing. Everyone there could not do enough for us. The food was delicious. Our guests raved about the food, from the appetizers to the late night foods. I can't say enough wonderful things about the staff, especially Terri who made everything go so smoothly. Our evening here was perfect. I would highly recommend having your event here. Thank you so much to everyone who made Erin & Dave's wedding amazing.

Lynne & Bill Couse

Sent on 05/27/2019

Kristen · Married on 02/04/2021

Better than I ever imagined

I had been planning my wedding since I was about six years old. I could not wait until my big day so as soon as my boyfriend, now husband, had proposed I was eager to make my vision a reality. Heather and the team at The Villa took my vision to an entirely new level in which I could not have done myself. I was above and beyond happy with absolutely everything. From the small little details like making the champagne for our toast PINK with no questions asked to the flow of the entire day. Heather was always in contact with me from the day that we had booked. I never felt overly stressed having her on my side. The weather happened to be iffy, which we had expected, so my husband and I got married in front of the fireplace in the ballroom. It was absolutely gorgeous, romantic and cozy. The time they had flipped the room was incredible and not one detail was out of place. Our food was delicious and each plate was delivered HOT which is a huge thing for me since I have worked in the food business since I was about 17. I would not have changed anything about our wedding and I can confidently say choosing The Villa as our venue was one of the best decisions I had made. I got my fairytale wedding with no hiccups at all! Great team of event coordinators, extremely professional and always polite.

Sent on 05/15/2019
  • CJ Reese

Cj Reese · Married on 12/13/2020

Haley and Aubrey are rockstars!

Haley, Audrey, and Kristin went above and beyond to make our day perfect. From working with our outside vendors, dealing with our cancellations, honoring requested discounts, being friendly, kind, personable, sweet! Haley checked in along the way - before and after - she was an absolute angel !

Sent on 01/04/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda F. · Married on 11/07/2020

Amazing service and response time!

Immediately when I sent a message to the Villa for my wedding, they responded. Their quick response time and amazing attitudes while talking to them made it an easy decision for me when choosing a venue! The place is beautiful and the people are amazing!

Sent on 03/07/2019

Courtney M. · Married on 10/13/2020

Amazing Venue!

I cannot express how amazing the staff at the Villa was! They all were so attentive and accommodating! Our wedding was perfect the food was incredible all of our guests raved about it! It was overall and amazing experience and our wedding coordinator Hillary was fantastic! She made the planning process a breeze!

Sent on 07/09/2021

Kate G. · Married on 10/02/2020

Our wedding 10/02/20

The Villa was amazing to us for our recent wedding 10/02/20! Very accommodating when we had to reschedule due to COVID. I first dealt with Haley and she was a pleasure to work with, then once we rescheduled we were placed with Hillary who was absolutely amazing!!!! Very responsive and so helpful with any small questions I had! We thought about cancelling our wedding and elope but everyone was so reassuring that we decided to continue with our original plans and have the 50 people at our wedding. The one minor little thing we were a little disappointed in was when our vendors were served dinner, their table was placed outside of the tent. It was a cold October night so I would have rather them inside the heated tent eating with us and our guest.

Sent on 11/04/2020
  • Catarina

Catarina F. · Married on 06/27/2020

Extraordinary

The Villa is a love at first sight type of place!! Truly it is, when my fiance and i walked in there we just knew we didn't need to look anywhere else. The Villa is a gorgeous and beautiful wedding venue and the food is amazing!!! The villa has by far some of the best customer service you'll ever experience they really go out of their way to help you and make sure that everything about your wedding day is exactly the way you want it. Our wedding has been changed to next year due to the pandemic and Jason Pratt has been helping us the whole way through and making sure that our dream wedding happens and that everything about it is perfect. Jason really went out of his way to help us in this tough time and I will forever remember that. Thank you Jason for being so amazing! Jason made this whole stressful situation doable i wouldn't deal with anyone else at the Villa. Truly amazing.

Sent on 06/01/2020
  • Kari

Kari M. · Married on 02/15/2020

Beyond expectations

If you're in the process of looking for a venue definitely go with this one. You WILL NOT be disappointed!!! Every single person went above and beyond and made sure our day was perfect! Kevin was also incredible to work with and made our wedding planning/day of a breeze! And the food was beyond measure. I've never had such an incredible meal from start to finish. The ice cream pops were also a huge hit amongst every guest that attended. You will not be disappointed choosing the Villa!!!

Sent on 02/24/2020

Lindsey · Married on 12/31/2019

NYE wedding at a perfect location

My fiance and I decided to book our NYE wedding at The Villa and could not be happier! We are coming in from out of town and the Villa was more than happy to coordinate with us long distance. They were extremely responsive and made sure that all of our questions were answered. Our coordinator Elizabeth was the absolute best!! She helped keep us organized and provided helpful and honest feedback that made decision making far less daunting. Our ceremony, reception, and NYE celebration was everything we could have hoped for! Our guests are still raving about the food and the time they spent with us that night. I could not recommend the Villa to anyone more, especially with Elizabeth as your coordinator!!

Sent on 03/05/2020
  • Laura

Laura F. · Married on 12/28/2019

12/28/19 Wedding

We are beyond happy with how our wedding at the Villa went!

Kristen Cantrell was so helpful to us while we were booking. We really wanted to have our wedding in the Madera Ballroom, but we had a guest list of over 200 people. She stayed late and had the ballroom setup so we could see what the tables would look like and how much space we would have for a dance floor. This really solidified our booking here.

After our original wedding producer left working at The Villa our wedding was passed over to Kirsten Wagner with a little over a month to go! What could have been a really stressful time leading up to our wedding was handled with such professionalism. We were completely put at ease after meeting Kirsten! She had already looked through our entire file and was very responsive with last minute questions we had.

On our wedding day everything went so smoothly. The meals were DELICIOUS, our Bridal attendant Bree was extremely attentive and helpful, and our items to bring home were completely packed up and ready to be taken out at the end of the ceremony.
    I cannot say enough good things about our experience with The Villa at Ridder Country Club. They really know to host a wedding! We received so many compliments!

Sent on 01/15/2020

Jessica S. · Married on 12/07/2019

What an amazing night!

Our wedding at the Villa was nothing short from amazing! Everything from the food, the staff, the venue itself was perfect! Our event producer, Haley, was there for us every step of the way. She answered all our questions and made sure our vision of a winter wonderland came true! I would highly recommend the Villa and Haley to anyone!!!!

Sent on 01/01/2020
  • Katherine

Katherine M. · Married on 11/16/2019

The most perfect day!

The Villa was the perfect place for our wedding! The whole night was flawless thanks to the amazing and attentive staff, especially Elizabeth and our bridal attendant who had drinks and apps for us constantly. My husband and I had the most incredible night and we know that our guests loved everything about The Villa too, especially the food! We cannot thank everyone enough at the The Villa for making our wedding day so perfect!

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Cynthia

Cynthia O. · Married on 11/16/2019

Our Wedding

My husband and I couldn't be happier that we chose The Villa, as our wedding reception venue! Not only is the venue absolutely gorgeous, but the food was phenomenal! We can't say enough about the staff and their service! They were professional, organized, responsive and extremely attentive. Our wedding producer, Haley Mayfield, made the entire process so easy and enjoyable! If you're considering The Villa for your big day, I assure you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/06/2020

Brianna C. · Married on 10/20/2019

The Villa- the only place to get married!

This venue brings their A game ! From the minute we came to tour this place to our final goodbyes the night of our wedding this place never ceased to amaze us! Our event coordinator Heather M and her assistant Kevin were an absolute joy to work with! Any time we had questions or concerns we were met with a warm prompt reply and guidance . From the venue to the food to the staff to all the small details this place blew us away! Cannot thank them enough from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding day beyond our wildest dreams and expectations ! Would highly recommend this place

Sent on 10/29/2019

Stephanie K. · Married on 10/18/2019

Fabulous Service All Around

The Villa was amazing from start to finish. We first worked with Ashley whom is very knowledgeable about all the details and what the venue has to offer. We ended up loving the Madera Ballroom. We got Haley as our event coordinator which ended up being a huge win in my eyes! She executed my vision for what I wanted the cocktail and reception room to look like. As the wedding got closer of course so did my nerves. Haley and all team members of The Villa were there with all the answers I needed and the response time was very prompt. As any bride knows most of the time your making decisions last min and some other vendor is looking for your answer, so having a fast response was huge. Oh and the food is AMAZING. All of our guest were raving about their meals. I also suggest getting the mashed potato bar it does not disappoint!! The whole entire night ran smooth with out a hitch, wish I could relive it all over again.

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • FutureMrsC

Andreza · Married on 10/05/2019

An absolute dream!

My husband and I had or wedding reception in the Grand Ballroom at The Villa on October 5th and we can't even find the right words to describe how perfect everything was. First of all, the staff is so accommodating I couldn't even believe it. They truly did go our of their way to help us. We had some unique circumstances that they were happy to help us with. Elizabeth, our Event Producer, was incredibly helpful, warm and just overall wonderful. Her positive energy is absolutely contagious! She made sure we stayed on schedule, everything flowed well, and we got all the things done that we discussed at previous meetings. The bridal attendant was wonderful also. She made sure we were fed, helped me maneuver my ridiculously long train and was just honestly such a great person to have around on our wedding day.

As for the property, the Grand Ballroom is breathtakingly beautiful. That fireplace and the new chandeliers give it such a romantic feel, it was perfect for us! And there are a lot of photo opportunities outdoors. We got some gorgeous sunset photos. And oh my goodness, THE FOOD WAS SO GOOD. I'm a little weary of wedding food, as it can sometimes be bland or cold by the time it makes it to the tables. But the food was amazing, I'm still getting compliments!

Overall, I can't think of a single negative thing to say. Everything looked perfect, ran smoothly and everyone had a great time. My husband and I are so glad we trusted the staff at The Villa with biggest day of our lives!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 09/21/2019

Best Wedding Venue Ever!

My husband and I were married 9/21/19. We visited about 10-15 wedding venues before choosing The Villa at Ridder Country Club. The venue was absolutely beautiful! We were married in the tent location and it was everything I could have imagined! The tent was nice because we had the entire outdoor space. The staff at the Villa are AMAZING! We worked with Beth, Kevin, Audrey, and Terry. Beth was with us every step of the way and she was so attentive to all my questions and she is so friendly. Kevin, was there the day of wedding and during the rehearsal and my friends and I LOVED him! The bridal attendant (? Terry) was so nice, she made sure we had food at the sweetheart table and helped with anything we needed. My husbands food was removed before he was done, but Terry was able to get him a fresh meal (so he ate 2 dinners). At the end of the night, we didn't have to worry about anything. The staff packed up all of our things in the bins I had brought everything in. We literally didn't have to do anything but have a great time and that's what we did. I wouldn't have picked another venue.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Allison · Married on 09/06/2019

TheBigDayForCandA

The Villa was everything we could ever want and more. The staff was attentive, our coordinator was amazing at answering emails and the food was to die for!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Sandra · Married on 08/25/2019

Memorable and Flawless

We are so happy with our decision on choosing The Villa for our wedding and reception! It was the second venue that I went to visit, and I just knew from walking on the grounds to the inside of the Grand Ballroom, it was perfect for us. If fit my personality to the T and I didn't need to look any further! Heather was the best to work with! She always responded to any question or concern I was having immediately. I would definitely recommend The Villa for anyone looking for an amazing experience. Everything from the smallest details to the food was incredible. All our guests are still talking about how amazing all the food was and how they have never had such quality in everything from the appetizers to the dessert! We loved everything and the overall experience made our wedding spectacular!!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Arminda

Arminda · Married on 08/24/2019

Married my Best Friend 8/24

I would like to thank the entire team at The Villa. Thank you for my making our special day one of a kind! The food was great, the staff was exceptional and professional, the ambiance was amazing.
    An extra thank you to Haley! Thanks for listening, laughing and planning with me. You are amazing, patient & delightful. Our wedding day could’ve not been as amazing as it was without you!!!! Thank you again!!

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Chris

Chris M. · Married on 08/23/2019

Dream Wedding Became a Reality! Thanks Villa!

From beginning to end, our experience with The Villa was very impressing and made for a very successful wedding celebration. Being the last of over 10 venues we visited, we did not know what to expect at all over a quaint country club in East Bridgewater but we were immediately taken aback by how beautiful this venue was. We toured both ballrooms and even got to sample a few of the appetizers (which is very uncommon from the prior venues we visited). The ballroom we ended up choosing was the Madera Ballroom. Upon entering we immediately knew "this is the one". It's mix of modern and rustic makes for a breathtaking space and sure to wow any guest.

Our sales representative (Ashley) was willing to work with us for our budget and in comparison to most venues you get a lot much more bang for your buck with all the offerings included in the package.

Fast forward to later down the road in planning, we got assigned to Haley as our Event Producer. Though she may have seemed assertive and to the point upon first reception, we quickly realized that she could not be more of a perfect producer for us and to any couples with many expectations. We had a very extensive and detailed idea of how we wanted the whole night to go, to the point where I did not envy her job, and Haley went above and beyond to deliver and execute every single detail we imagined. It can be very hard to trust and rely on someone with such a huge task of ensuring that one of the most important days of your life goes the way you'd like, but Haley truly proved to us that she was more than capable of making it a stress-free, amazing, and memorable experience for not only us but all of our guests. Our guests and even vendors are still raving about how great the venue, service, food, and whole night was. Thank you soooo much Haley as you played a pivotal role in everything!

Overall, though weddings are really significantly important to all who are getting married, this moment meant so much more than that for me and my now husband. Being apart of the LGBTQ community, our wedding was a celebration of the journey, obstacles, and adversities we've had to face to be able to be our true authentic selves and love whomever it is we want to love. With the support and high level of professionalism the whole Villa team provided to us throughout the planning process, we can now say our dream wedding truly became a reality on August 23, 2019. We cannot be more grateful that we chose this venue and can now happily look back and say that our experience and wedding here was one of the best days of our lives.

We highly recommend The Villa to anyone in search of THEIR dream wedding!

Sincerely,