The Vanderbilt Strings Reviews

69 | Bonita Springs, FL

69 Reviews for The Vanderbilt Strings

Jill Watson 路 Getting married on 06/12/2021

Highly recommend the Vanderbilt Strings - Exceptional

Very happy with our decision! Top notch, professional, talented musicians who made our wedding day unforgettable. Our guests all agreed that the music was the perfect complement to the beautiful beach setting. They have an extensive selection of songs to choose from - so many that we had a tough time choosing given all the wonderful options. From start to finish it was a pleasure working with the Vanderbilt Strings and we HIGHLY recommend them.

Sent on 12/30/2019

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Jill! We are very proud of our music collection and, thanks to our iPads, love having it ALL at our fingertips during cocktail hours, ready for any request that comes our way.
    Much love and happiness to you both!
    Janie
  • Pam

Pam Block 路 Married on 11/21/2020

Amazing music and service for our daughters beach wedding.

The Vanderbilt Strings were wonderful to work with. With everything going on with COVID we decided to change the date and location of the ceremony and they were very accommodating. They added such a nice touch to the ceremony and played beautifully. They played our selections and even played a Star Wars themed song that we requested. I would highly recommend them for any social gathering that you may be planning. It was beautiful music for a beautiful occasion 馃槉

Sent on 10/06/2020

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

Thank you so much, Pam! We had such a blast spending time with you and your really entertaining family. This was our first ceremony hearing vows in Mandalorean-- and we loved it! We're so happy we were a part of this important day. All the best to you.
  • Patti

Patti Colarossi 路 Married on 10/24/2020

Classy and Beautiful

Janie was great to work with on everything pre-wedding, including selection of the perfect music for the big day. We went with a Duo. It was just absolutely lovely, classy and beautiful to have strings for the ceremony and cocktail hour . So glad we made the choice for live music.

Sent on 11/07/2020

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

I had a great time settling all the plans for the ceremony music with you, Patti, and I am so happy our choices were right on the mark! We love finding the right musicians and music for each of our clients, and hearing that we helped to make such a memorable day just a bit more special just makes our day. Thank you for sharing!

Kelley Maier 路 Married on 08/29/2020

Sensational Strings

Vanderbilt Strings exceeded our expectations. They played beautifully at our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour! Janie was wonderful to work with and we highly recommend Vanderbilt Strings for any special occasion. They were classy, professional, and reasonably priced.

Sent on 09/07/2020

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

Thank you so much, Kelley! I loved that we were able to add Jerusalem of God to begin your blended ceremony, and move from there all the way to Sinatra for the cocktail hour! All the best to you and David!
  • U

Ursula Boyd 路 Married on 11/20/2019

Truly wonderful!

I would recommend for any occasion. Truly gifted!

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Wiesen 路 Married on 11/02/2019

Vanderbilt Strings - The Ritz-Carlton, Naples FL (11/02/19)

Janie and Vanderbilt Strings made our day absolutely perfect! She worked with us on the song selections and was very receptive working over emails and jumping on any calls as necessary. She worked with us to help make sure the flow of the music was perfect and fit the vibe I was going for. I could not say nice enough things about the group! If you are looking for a group where you know you are going to get the top quality this is the group of musicians that you want.

Sent on 11/07/2019

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

Thanks so much, Rachel! It was fun to bounce around music ideas together and you and Andrew really gave us some FABULOUS grooves to lay down at the ceremony. Thank you for that! All the best to you both!
  • Julie

Julie Furrer 路 Married on 10/13/2019

Breathtaking Instrumentals

Janie and her team are exquisite! From our first initial inquiry, Janie was quick to communicate, detailed, and genuine. We had the violin + cello duo play at our ceremony & cocktail hour and our guests were RAVING about the music. It really added that fairy tale ambiance. The entire process of planning was seamless and Janie checked in several times to verify everything was in order. I could not recommend anyone other than Vanderbilt Strings! 11 out of 10 stars!

Sent on 11/20/2019

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

Thank you for these kind words, Julie! I think the planning process is a crucial way to let you know that we have got your back for the big day, and I'm glad that showed! We had a blast playing for everyone on the day-of, too! All the very best to you and Joe!!
  • Laura

Laura VanTuyl 路 Married on 08/11/2019

Perfection

We are so pleased with our experience in dealing with Janie and the Vanderbilt Strings musicians! From our initial correspondence through email to arrange for our destination wedding to meeting with Janie in person to the beautiful music performed on the night of our wedding, our expectations were met and exceeded!! We highly recommend them to help make your special day as perfect as they did ours.

Laura VanTuyl

Sent on 11/08/2019

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

It was so nice to work with you to plan your wedding music from start to finish! Your wedding was so beautiful and I hope that you have enjoyed these honeymoon months and have the very best upcoming holiday season together!

Tricia 路 Married on 06/08/2019

Made my wedding day even better!!!

Janie was so professional, sweet and responsive to me and my needs/wants for my wedding. She went above and beyond and played beautifully. I would highly recommend she and her team for any of your needs.

Sent on 06/10/2019

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

Thank you so much, Tricia! Your wedding was wonderfully tasteful and I really, really enjoyed playing for you, your friends and family. All the best!!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer 路 Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful Beach Wedding with a Cello

Janie with Vanderbilt Strings was a joy to work with. We had a solo cellist play for our ceremony on the beach and he did not disappoint. It was absolutely beautiful! A perfect touch to our perfect day.

Sent on 05/06/2019

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

Thanks for sharing your experience, Jennifer! We're so glad you enjoyed having Shea play for you! Best wishes to you!
  • Steve

Steve Plymire 路 Married on 04/20/2019

Absolutely beautiful!

Janie and her team of musicians are simply the best. Janie will talk with you and find a way to bring the best music to your wedding ceremony. The large playlist was very helpful with both classical and pop music selections. Instrumental music adds a sort of elegance to an outside wedding that can't be beat! Thanks Janie for making our day very special!

Sent on 05/06/2019

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

Thanks, Steve! We had a great time playing for you, and I don't think I've seen a more beautiful day at 8th Ave South. We wish you both the absolute best!
  • Maggie

Maggie 路 Married on 03/09/2019

A perfect addition to our day!

The Vanderbilt Strings were a wonderful addition to our wedding! From the beginning, Janie was super helpful and excited to accommodate all of our requests (including playing a special song that was not listed in their music for me to walk down the aisle to)! On our big day the string quartet did a wonderful job mixing classical music with newer pop songs (as per my request) to please all of our guests. I couldn't imagine my big day without them!

Sent on 04/13/2019
  • Tara

Tara 路 Married on 12/30/2018

Naples Beach Wedding

The violinist was a beautiful addition to our ceremony. I did not want traditional wedding music, and was not disappointed.

Sent on 01/13/2019

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

So glad to hear it, Tara! Your music choices were so fun, with everything from Andrew Lloyd-Webber to Christina Perri and the Beatles. I liked the variety of styles! And I'm so glad you liked the music! Best wishes to you!
  • Laura

Laura 路 Married on 10/27/2018

I couldn鈥檛 be more ecstatic

Vanderbilt Strings were amazing. I can鈥檛 say enough. They made the ceremony just that more special. Janie helped me along the way with setting up the whole ceremony. I got a string quartet. It was a beach ceremony on Sanibel island.
    I bought the sheet music from music notes . Com and sent it to them. They played the songs of my choice and really listened to my desires. I am so so so happy I went with them. Thank you so much.

Sent on 10/29/2018

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

We had an absolute blast putting your music together, Laura, and I'm thrilled that you liked it as much as we did! The quartet sends their thanks to you and we wish you both the very best!

Cynthia 路 Married on 06/16/2018

Vanderbilt Strings exceeded our expectations. We would highly recommend them, they were personable and excellent musicians. We would actually give them a 20 on a scale of 1-10 on all accounts.

Sent on 08/12/2018

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

Cindy, we have thought back so fondly on the afternoon we played for your family. Your idea to give your husband the gift of a house concert on his birthday was so creative, and we had the best time sharing our music with you all. I hope we'll all meet again soon!
  • HOLLY

HOLLY 路 Married on 12/16/2017

Janie was wonderful to work with! Great communication prior to the wedding. I decided on having the whole quartet and I'm so happy with my decision. My guests loved the cocktail hour music and the ceremony went perfectly!

Sent on 01/05/2018

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

Thank you, Holly! The full quartet really does add that 'extra something' and I'm glad you felt it made a difference! We had a great time playing for you and wish you both all the best!

Missy 路 Married on 12/01/2017

Wonderful to work with. Exactly what I was looking for.

Sent on 12/05/2017

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

We're so glad you had a good experience! Thank you for sharing!
  • Emily

Emily 路 Married on 04/01/2017

The Vanderbilt Strings were PHENOMENAL and the perfect addition to our ceremony and cocktail hour. If you're in the market for a string quartet, I cannot imagine you would be able to find any greater talent than that of The Vanderbilt Strings.

Sent on 04/11/2017

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

I'm so glad you enjoyed the music! We had a great time and thought your dove release was so romantic! All the best to you and Matt!
  • Christa

Christa 路 Married on 11/19/2016

The solo violinist that played for my ceremony was phenomenal! I would definitely recommend Vanderbilt Strings to anyone looking for a reasonably priced, professional musician(s). One of a kind!

Sent on 12/05/2016

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Christa! We really enjoyed preparing our music for you and we are so glad the music was everything you had expected! Best wishes to you both!

Jessica 路 Married on 10/08/2016

Beautiful!

We had a duo come for our wedding and they were perfect. It was easy to book, they showed up on time, and the music they played was amazing!

Sent on 10/31/2016

The Vanderbilt Strings's reply:

Thank you for all the kind words, Jessica! We're so glad you enjoyed the music!

Morgan 路 Married on 06/16/2016

Very professional. Great, timely communication. Flexible and accommodating with scheduling. Very polished and impressive presentation. Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/01/2016
  • User4948533 路 2+ years ago

We were very happy with Vanderbilt Strings on our wedding day! They made it easy to pick out music for each part of the ceremony. They helped make our day so special on the beach.

Sent on 06/09/2016

Emily 路 Married on 12/12/2015

We used Vanderbilt Strings for our wedding ceremony beachside in December. Janie was absolutely amazing to work with and so prompt and helpful when helping make music selections. The quartet was beyond talented and the music was breathtaking. I highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 01/22/2016
  • User6048364 路 2+ years ago

Great music for our guests. They were very flexible, since they had to move locations. Highly recommended.

Sent on 12/12/2015