The Uptown Band Reviews

30 | Shillington, PA

30 Reviews for The Uptown Band

• Vincent

Vincent Terry · Getting married on 12/07/2021

The Uptown Band absolutely rocked our day!

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about Erich Cawalla and the rest of the Uptown Band. As we continued to try and schedule and reschedule our wedding during this pandemic, Erich was there every step of the way with us. We spent hours on the phone talking out different scenarios and situations to where we could make our BIG day happen, and he would time after time explain, "Vince, I'll play anytime, anywhere. We're going to make this happen!". This is a true testament to the type of people Erich and the rest of the Uptown Band are.

Aside from being incredible to work with, their body of work speaks for itself!!! Erich is an incredible performer and musician, and the rest of the band is just as talented. They don't only just play great music, but they all know how to perform. Their ability to get a party started, keep it going, and leave the entire crowd wanting more is exactly what we wanted for our wedding. We could not have chosen a better group to help us celebrate than Erich Cawalla and the rest of the Uptown Band.

Sent on 08/24/2020
  • Jenn

Jenn Toth Mike Reed · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Amazing band and service

Erich and Uptown Band are amazing. We saw them several times and decided to book them for our wedding, and they did not disappoint!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Karam · Married on 08/01/2020

Wedding Band

The Uptown Band was amazing!! They sounded great and were so fun! Everyone danced the entire time!

Sent on 08/11/2020

The Uptown Band's reply:

THANK YOU ELIZABETH!!! Your wedding had the most impressive tent we have EVER SEEN!!! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Dana · Married on 11/16/2019

Best decision we made!

My guests could not stop talking about how fabulous the band was! Erich was great to work with and so accommodating! They kept the party going and sounded amazing!

Sent on 11/20/2019

A Fisher · Married on 05/24/2019

What’s that sound?! It’s Uptown Band!

Wow! What can we say that has not already been said?! Uptown Band MADE our reception a hit! The musicians and vocalists are fantastic, fun, upbeat, and professional. We hired the Uptown Band to perform at our wedding reception at Brick Gables in May 2019. From the first email to Erich Cawalla, the band’s lead male vocalist and coordinator, we knew that it would be smooth sailing from there. He responded quickly and each request and detail was followed to a tee. Erich listened to our ideas and offered advice when we needed it! He even went as far as “re-doing” our vows for us in front of family and friends since we had a destination wedding the month before. First time for everything, right Erich!?
    The day of-Uptown Band arrived promptly, organized, and most importantly genuinely EXCITED to be there and perform for our special party! It was everything we could have wished for. We are still getting compliments from friends and family. Uptown Band is worth every penny! Many thanks to Uptown Band, the talent of each member are unsurpassed and are celebrated by the Fisher and Bortner family and friends!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Shane

Shane Riccio & Lauren Riccio · Married on 02/17/2019

Amazing performance and kept the dancefloor HOT!

Erich and his team had an engaging performance. No one wanted to leave the dancefloor in fear of missing out. They performed hit after hit. The whole party was singing and dancing along.

Sent on 02/27/2019

The Uptown Band's reply:

Shane and Lauren!!!!! You are the best. WHAT A WEDDING!!!!!! Thank you for allowing us to entertain on your special day!
  • User5515903 · 1+ year ago

Best band ever

The UpTown Band is the perfect band for any event. They did an absolutely wonderful job, they kept everyone dancing the ENTIRE time and even got our guests involved. I would recommend them for every event.

Sent on 02/18/2019

The Uptown Band's reply:

JULIE!!! THANK YOU! Love your family!!! Your family is so great to the band ALWAYS! We look forward to performing for your Xmas party again this year!!!

Mark Kargman · Married on 12/22/2018

Perfect 10

amazing band great variety of music

Sent on 01/02/2019

Melissa Mazur · Married on 10/20/2018

Ultimate wedding band!

Uptown Band straight up ROCKED our wedding. We told them we wanted a party atmosphere and they more than delivered. When we went back and looked at our pictures, there were less than 10 people not on the dance floor; we had 150 people at our wedding. If you want an outstanding, professional, fun, friendly, wedding band, book Uptown Band. They are way under priced for the amount of entertainment they deliver.

Sent on 11/17/2018

Laurie · Married on 06/03/2018

We had been to events where the Uptown Band played prior to booking them for our wedding. They were great to work with and played all the songs we requested. They did a fabulous job with our song and we couldn't be more pleased with them. Everyone loved them and even though we didn't have a huge wedding in terms of number of guests everyone had a great time. So thankful we booked them!!

Sent on 06/11/2018

The Uptown Band's reply:

THANK YOU SO MUCH LAURIE! It was a great pleasure performing for both of you!!!

Kaelea · Married on 05/26/2018

Where do I begin?! We had seen Uptown perform before and were amazed by their ability to engage everyone in the crowd no matter what age and instantly knew we wanted them at our wedding. Erich and the band were incredibly kind, easy to work with and accommodating to our requests, including my request to sing to my husband. We lost all power during the last 30 minutes of our reception but the band didn't skip a beat! They kept the party going by dancing, playing saxophone, drums and anything else that didn't require an electrical hookup. Because of the band's willingness to keep going and positivity, the crowd kept going too! We danced and sang the night away! Thank you Uptown!! We seriously can't thank you enough for making our wedding dreams come true. It was a night we and our family and friends, will remember forever! Now, time to look for an excuse to book you guys again! ;)

Kaelea and Chris 5.26.18

Sent on 06/10/2018

The Uptown Band's reply:

THANK YOU! What a great and unique wedding when the power went out!!! The show must go on!!! ha :) See you again soon and thank you for a GREAT day!

Mark · Married on 02/24/2018

Words cannot describe the phenomenal entertainment that was provided by Erich Cawalla and his Uptown Band for our family and friends. We wanted this to be a special occasion and Erich helped us surpass our dreams. We received countless compliments in our choice of band.

We were very touched with the way that Erich and other members of the band interacted with everyone on the dance floor, especially with Donna's nephew Ben who has Down Syndrome. You gave him an experience to remember for the rest of his life.

We are grateful for the outstanding show that Erich and his Uptown Band provided to help us celebrate our wedding day.

Sent on 03/05/2018

Thank you mark!

Angela · Married on 11/24/2017

I cannot say enough great things about The Uptown Band! They played at our reception in November 2017, and they were AWESOME! VERY talented musicians and vocalists who kept the party moving the entire reception! We received so many compliments from our guests, and even had a few guests who have gone to other performances by the band since our wedding! Erich, the band leader, was also an EXCELLENT emcee and kept the flow of the reception moving smoothly. In addition, my husband and I had total flexibility in the set list, picking from The Uptown Band's extensive repertoire. We also used a sub-set of The Uptown Band musicians to provide music for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Absolutely beautiful!
    All in all, I would highly recommend The Uptown Band! The talent of these musicians in Central PA is unmatched....and they were GREAT to work with!

Sent on 01/20/2018

The Uptown Band's reply:

Thanks angie! Love your family! :)

Kelli · Married on 08/12/2017

The Uptown Band is absolutely amazing!! My husband and I had The Uptown Band play at our wedding in August and had a duo for our cocktail hour. Erich is incredibly easy to work with, accommodating, and professional. Our biggest challenge was trying to narrow down their incredible playlist (so many great choices)! They are able to perform a variety of songs which allowed all of our guests to enjoy the band. They even performed all of the songs for our special dances. Everyone was on the dance floor having a great time at our wedding. Everybody at the wedding had amazing things to say about The Uptown Band and could not get over how great they were. The Uptown Band made our wedding such an enjoyable and memorable experience! We highly recommend The Uptown Band!!
    Thank you for helping to make our wedding incredible. Keith ("White Shoes") & Kelli 8.12.17

Sent on 10/31/2017

The Uptown Band's reply:

Thank you again for both sites! Very kind of you kelli!

Lane · Married on 06/04/2016

Fantastic band for our wedding reception! We had been familiar with the band from some of their other non-wedding performances, and it was no-brainer to book them for our wedding. We knew we wanted a band from the beginning, and we were totally pleased with the Uptown Band's performance, as were our guests! They are popular and book months in advance, so be prepared if you are checking them out. We booked in Feb 2015 for a wedding June 2016. Fabulous time! Hire them!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Uptown Band was the perfect fit for our wedding. The band got everyone up and dancing early and kept the dance floor filled throughout the night. The band leader Erich was quick to respond to all of my emails throughout the planning process. On the day of the wedding they delivered a high energy and professional performance. We asked them to learn a new song for the bride/groom first dance, and they sang it beautifully. I would highly recommend this band!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Colleen · Married on 09/05/2015

If you are looking for a band to keep your guest dancing all night, The Uptown Band is the band!! They are fantastic! They are great at entertaining! They know how to make your wedding a day you will never forget. Erich is a pleasure to work with. Five stars is not a enough for The Uptown Band!!

Sent on 08/21/2018

The Uptown Band's reply:

Thank you so much for an awesome day!

Shauna · Married on 02/28/2015

I don’t think I can say enough about Uptown Band. Having amazing music makes the reception what it is and I can honestly say that Uptown Band made our reception beyond fabulous! They played music during our cocktail hour and Erich MC’d the entire wedding for us. They never missed a beat and it is so obvious that they are true professionals.

Erich is so easy to work with and truly wants to give you an amazing experience for your wedding. The quality of music and vocals is out of this world. They had everyone on the dance floor all night long. One of their best qualities is the ability to read a crowd, it seemed like they knew exactly how to keep people engaged and on the floor all night. Erich actually had a cold and wasn’t feeling well the night of our wedding, but you would have never known it. All I can say it they are such a class act and we could not be happier that we were able to book them for our wedding!

Sent on 05/05/2015
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 11/08/2014

I cannot say enough about the Uptown Band! You know a band is special when you heard them at a wedding 4 yrs prior and still remember them. Everyone was raving about them and how much fun they had. I think everyone stopped dancing to watch Jennifer KILL it on "At Last." They had the dance floor packed and even had my cousin who never dances, whip off his jacket and join in. Erich was amazing to work with and made me feel at ease that I had made the right choice. No need to see them- just book them now!! Thank you, Thank you to the Uptown Band!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Rebecca · Married on 10/25/2014

Uptown Band did a phenomenal job at my wedding!!! They are incredibly fun, easy to work with, and can really get the party started and going all night! They play songs from today and older hits - a very wide range! So many of my guests commented on how great they were and you could just tell by how much fun people were having on the dance floor. We didn't want them to stop playing! So much talent! We were so pleased with how they did and highly recommend them to others planning a wedding!

Sent on 11/25/2014

Michael · Married on 05/17/2014

There are so many wonderful things to say about this band I don't know that I'll have enough space. Erich and Jenifer are not only talented, they're wonderful people to work with. The band had guests on the floor dancing the entire night - I can't remember the last time I was at a wedding where that happened. They made my husband and I feel like a million bucks. Everyone is still raving about how incredible the band was.

Sent on 05/19/2014

Steven · Married on 10/28/2012

Erich and Jennifer are tremendous singers, band had wonderful musicians. Very professional and accommodating. They were very much responsible for a very memorable day.

Sent on 11/23/2012
  • Wendy

Wendy · Married on 08/25/2012

I came across the Uptown Band when I was looking for my wedding entertainment. My husband and I wanted a PARTY, not just the typical DJ that most people have at their weddings. Our requirements made it hard to find the right band. We wanted to find both a male and female lead, a band that knew the most current and upbeat music, and was willing to either learn, or already knew how to perform the Hora - the Jewish dance where the Bride and Groom are lifted up in a chair. Typically, this criteria also comes with a hefty price tag, but the Uptown Band was a reasonable price with EVERYTHING we were looking for! They even agreed to travel to Virginia Beach, VA, all the way from Pennsylvania, for the event. A few weeks before the wedding, we spoke with Erich, the band leader, and he created a set list specifically for us. Their professionalism was beyond amazing. The week of the wedding, we received a phone call that there had been a serious accident and Jenifer was not going to be able to perform. Instead of cancelling or coming without a female lead, he had already found a replacement for Jenifer (and she ended up being just as amazing). After the wedding, many of my guests told me how great the band was, how they loved that the band was so interactive with the guests, and how they had so much fun dancing all night long! I highly recommend the Uptown Band!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Christina · Married on 08/18/2012

The Uptown Band made our big night. 3 moths later, family and friends are still saying how much fun they had at our wedding. The band was engaging, playing old time favorites to new hits. Erich, the band leader, was incredible to work with; his professionalism and knowledge was greatly appreciated. The Uptown Band was like having a private concert - one we wish I could relive over and and over. As one of our favorite vendors, we would definitely recommend the Uptown Band.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Emily · Married on 05/14/2011

From the very beginning Uptown band impressed us by how very helpful, accommodating and flexible they were. Erich was particularly helpful in the planning stages- he gave us ideas for how to coordinate the event without ever pushing his ideas on us. And although they sounded good on the website, in person they are even better and far exceeded our expectations. We warned them that we had a very lively dance crowd, and they were more than up for the challenge.  They read the crowd and matched the energy the entire evening. Our guests were extremely impressed by their musical talent, and they were a joy to listen to and interact with. They even worked ahead of time with my husband, the groom, so that he could sing a surprise song for me. They also were more than happy to let his father play clarinet with them during Hava Nagilah. The best part is that while we couldn't have had a better, more accommodating and talented band, they were also the most reasonably priced!!
    Erich "emceed", and was happy to say exactly what we asked him to. He was fun and personable during announcements, but never obnoxious. He helped make our wedding day worry free. Although the rain finally arrived during the last song, the band was so great that they kept the floor packed and we ended the night dancing in the rain. We all loved them, can't say enough good things. If we were getting married again, we'd go with them in a heartbeat. You won't find a better band than this, and you can't beat their price.
    Thanks Uptown!!