The Thaxton Reviews

83 | Saint Louis, MO

83 Reviews for The Thaxton

Caitlin Burke · Getting married on 12/10/2020

Everything we wanted and more...

Where do I even start? Everything about our experience at The Thaxton was amazing, from start to finish. Kim was very professional throughout the planning process and responded promptly to email communications. She worked with us every step of the way, to help us bring our ideas to life in this unique space, on a very short time line. She took time to answer all of our questions and quickly addressed any concerns, which put my mind at ease. We decided to have both our ceremony and reception at The Thaxton (instead of just one or the other) and it was the best decision ever! The décor, artwork, lighting and architectural details combined make this a beautiful, romantic, one-of-a-kind event space. We didn't have to spend too much on our own décor because The Thaxton is already so beautiful the way it is! We love everything about this space and there are some great backdrops for wedding photos. Mad Dog was a great host! He and Kim made sure everything ran smoothly on our big day. Kim checked in with me constantly, throughout the night to make sure I had everything I needed. All of the staff at The Thaxton are simply amazing and delivered top notch service in every area. They all work very hard to make sure guests at The Thaxton have the best experience possible. They sure know how to throw a party! I am so grateful we were able to have our event at The Thaxton and we can't wait to plan our next event here!

Sent on 11/08/2019

The Thaxton's reply:

Hearing that makes our hearts soar! Thank you so much for choosing The Thaxton and for taking the time to review!
  • Alexandre

Alexandre Ledoux · Married on 07/10/2020

Ledoux/Claussen wedding October 2019

Amazing! is the word that suits the best for our " Thaxton experience".
    The team was excellent, Kim always available and a special thank you to Mad Dog.
    Everything went smoothly. The Thaxton was the "WAW! " factor we needed.

Sent on 10/30/2019

The Thaxton's reply:

Thank you! We are thrilled that you feel that way!!! We appreciate you choosing us and taking the time to review.
  • Gina

Gina Molton-Lemire · Married on 03/07/2020

Perfect Wedding and Reception

We had our wedding and reception at The Thaxton on 3/7/2020. It was just perfect! Kim, Mad Dog and all the staff were excellent throughout the entire event.My guests had a blast and were raving about it the next day. I’m so happy we chose The Thaxton as our venue. I can’t say enough good things about this space, Kim, Mad Dog and all the staff members. Dj Uptown kept the party going and the crowd engaged. I’m actually sad it’s over! You did a great job and we will be forever grateful for the wonderful memories you helped create.

Sent on 03/08/2020

The Thaxton's reply:

Thank you so much! Hearing those words is everything we could hope for. Thank you for letting be a part of it!
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Stelly · Married on 11/30/2019

Wedding reception

Everyone was really nice and was the way we wanted and our guest love the it and they thought it was beautiful we definitely will recommend the thaxton to others

Sent on 12/11/2019

The Thaxton's reply:

That is excellent news Tiffany! Thanks so much for choosing us and taking time to review. We appreciate it!

Ellen · Married on 11/09/2019

Awesome Venue

Everything about The Thaxton was awesome. Kim was very helpful and responsive from the very first meeting. She answered every question we had throughout the planning. Mad Dog was an awesome surprise to have as an additional guide on our wedding day. The whole venue was perfect for us. The decor at the Thaxton is perfect/beautiful and made it so we had to buy very little decorations. I would also recommend using the house DJ - DJ Uptown - if you are looking for a DJ. I hope
    I get a chance to go back someday!

Sent on 11/22/2019

The Thaxton's reply:

Thank you for sharing your experience and for choosing The Thaxton. We hope you find occasion to return as well!

Kaitlyn Kramer · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing, Felt like a movie

I loved this Venue !! This is clearly a place that throws parties. It was such a cool unique space with multi-level accommodations that were perfect for the vibe we had. Many of my guest left saying, I want to throw a party here. As well as telling me I need to have another event again next year. I cannot say enough good things about this location. If you are looking for something outside the box, this is absolutely your place. I can honestly say I enjoyed every minute of my wedding reception. My host, bartenders, DJ were phenomenal! Thank you, for making my night!

Sent on 09/13/2019

The Thaxton's reply:

Thank you for sharing your experience! It was a pleasure to serve. And thank you for choosing The Thaxton!
  • Ashok

Ashok Nageshwaran · Married on 06/30/2019

Memories Made at Thaxton

As a friend I was helping to put together a 25th wedding anniversary event over the weekend. One of the top priorities was to find a venue which has a character and not the stereotype ball room. The personalities of the couple was also completely different. One the old world charm and quiet and the other crazy, fun loving, full of life. So it was important to find a venue which had color, character, a bit of history, a bit artistic, not to mention convenience, great staff, accessibility and a bit of flexibility. We managed to find all these at Thaxton. The moment you enter the closed doors, you are in for a surprise. Romantic, colorful, subtle and you don't need any additional decor to add. More surprises, a beautiful mezzanine bar for a small gathering, and huge room for the bride or the groom. At the basement its a beautiful , spacious bar cum dance floor to dance your heart out. All these wrapped in this beautiful Art Deco wedding venue. Ideal for 80-100 guests with space for people to move and sit in groups. Kim who runs the place was excellent in terms of responding to mails, showing us the place more than many times without any tiredness, talking about the history of the place and most importantly guiding you through the whole event and not looking for opportunities to add more cost. Right from the first time we communicated till the event day it was a wonderful experience to get immediate response and everything arranged perfectly on the day of the event. Her team members were excited, willing to help always and making one feel part of the family. Special mention goes to Bryan, Sam at the Bar, Maddog in logistics. The place was clean, people were friendly and professional, and enough parking lots around the venue . Kim was there throughout the event and managed the whole show to perfection. It s a perfect venue and if you want to soak in a bit of history, romantic, artistic, rocking ambience you found all these in this venue. Thank you Kim and team for the wonderful memories.

Sent on 07/01/2019

The Thaxton's reply:

Deepest gratitude for such a detailed and lovely account of your experience. It was an honor to serve you. And please know, that the pleasure was all ours!
  • Kristen

Kristen Linares · Married on 06/22/2019

The most unique and beautiful venue!

Our wedding was June 22, 2019 at The Thaxton. We enjoyed every moment of our day at this venue! It's such a unique space and feels as if you're living a party straight out of the Great Gatsby! Kim was an amazing coordinator. You can tell she knows what works and what won't in the space. She made every step of the planning process simple and made sure our evening went beautifully. I can't thank her enough for her assertiveness and the way she orchestrated our evening! If you are looking for an a venue that makes your wedding planning a breeze and a memory you'll never forget this is the place!

Sent on 06/28/2019

The Thaxton's reply:

Your kind words are everything. And your pictures are gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing. And for choosing The Thaxton!
  • carey

carey · Married on 12/01/2018

absolutely perfect

The Thaxton was the perfect location for our wedding and ceremony. They were very easy to work with, very accommodating, and very fun! The space is so unique it really didn't need additional decorating.
    Wasn't expecting the couples champagne they provided at our sweetheart table either, so that was a lovely and unexpected surprise. 11/10

Sent on 12/02/2018

The Thaxton's reply:

Thank you ! We are so pleased to hear you were pleased! We appreciate you taking the time to review.

Lorelei · Married on 11/03/2018

A hidden gem!

Perfect venue for the not so "traditional" couple! The entire venue is a work of art, there are suprising details around every corner! My guests loved everything about it! Very accommodating also! Awesome all around!

Sent on 11/09/2018

The Thaxton's reply:

Thank you! We are so happy you and guests enjoyed the space! We appreciate you taking the time to review.

Jena · Married on 09/22/2018

We got married at The Thaxton 9/22/18 and it was unbelievably amazing. Everything went exactly as we wanted it to. The staff are true professionals and are SO on top of everything and super accommodating. We were blown away by how smoothly everything went. Kim, Mad Dog, and Tayvon made our night amazing. Every time we need ANYTHING Tayvon was right there with another drink or plate of food. The DJ (DJ Uptown) kept the party going. If you want a party, this is the venue to pick.

Sent on 09/23/2018

The Thaxton's reply:

Your review is means the world to us! Thank you for sharing and choosing The Thaxton!

Spaces · Married on 07/06/2018

The venue is Beautiful and Unique! Kim and her staff were wonderful; we look forward to working with them again!

Sent on 07/10/2018

The Thaxton's reply:

Thank you! We look forward to the same!

Ashley · Married on 04/21/2018

We had our rehearsal dinner at The Thaxton and I do not think we could have picked a more perfect location! Their team did a great job coordinating everything and even helped us decorate our bundt cakes with flowers! The staff is great and the venue is gorgeous! Highly recommend! Thank you, Chase & Ashley Baxter!

Sent on 08/25/2018

The Thaxton's reply:

We were thrilled to be part of your wedding celebrations! Thank you!

Sylvia · Married on 11/24/2017

My daughter was just married there last weekend and everything was perfect!!! The building is beautiful, the staff was wonderful, and Peter was great to work with. We received so many compliments from our guests.

Sent on 11/27/2017

The Thaxton's reply:

That is amazing news! Thank you for your review!

Cecilia · event on: 05/20/2017

We celebrated our daughter's 21st birthday in Gatsby style at The Thaxton Speakeasy and it was absolutely the perfect venue! We loved it! The decor was beautiful. Kim, our event coordinator was very accommodating and so helpful throughout the planning process and night of the event. Many thanks to her for making the celebration very special and a huge success! Also the supporting staff were very helpful and friendly which added to the success of our party. Kudos to Mad Dog, the doormen, AJ & and our bartenders! All of our guests loved the venue and had the best time! It could not have been more perfect!

Sent on 06/01/2017

The Thaxton's reply:

Yay! We are thrilled to hear it! Thanks for sharing.

Cecilia · event on: 05/20/2017

Sent on 06/01/2017

The Thaxton's reply:

Thank you for choosing The Thaxton. And for taking the time to review! We hope you return!

Nicole · Married on 05/06/2017

My husband and I had our wedding and reception at the Thaxton on 5/6/17. The day could not have gone more smoothly and that is due largely in part to the wonderful staff at the Thaxton. During the planning phase, I was blown away with how organized Peter (the owner) was. He knew exactly how our evening would flow the best and made great suggestions based on our needs. He was also always extremely responsive and helpful via email during this time. He was present to lead our rehearsal at the venue the day before the event, which as a nervous bride, put my mind at ease that everything was under control. On the day, we were able to access the venue early to take photographs, which was ideal due to our timeline. Throughout the evening him and his staff, notably Mad Dog, lead the evening flawlessly. Mad Dog's attention to detail was remarkable, including ensuring my husband and I were happy and being taken care of throughout the evening. We received nothing but praise from our guests on their experience at our event. The venue is absolutely unique and gorgeous. Our photos came out amazing. I could not be more happy with our experience here and would absolutely recommend this venue for not only weddings, but any larger event. We cannot begin to express our thanks to the venue staff!

Sent on 05/21/2017

The Thaxton's reply:

Aww shucks! Thanks you so much for taking the time to review us. To hear you had an awesome experience means more than know. Thanks again!

Maria · event on: 04/14/2017

The Thaxton exceeded our expectations. I didn't have to worry about anything in terms of the planning and it all went very smoothly. Thank you!

Sent on 04/27/2017

The Thaxton's reply:

Excellent! Thank you for taking the time to review!

Ruthi · Married on 04/01/2017

The Thaxton is a beautiful building, but the staff makes it very special. Every time I thought of something else that needed to be done, Peter said that was part of their normal service. Their superb service made our son's wedding everything we and the bride and groom wanted. The Thaxton is definitely a 5 star venue!

Sent on 09/21/2017

The Thaxton's reply:

Thank you! 5 star service is always our goal! We appreciate your review.

Toni · event on: 12/17/2016

Amazing event and venue! Kim and Peter were awesome to work with and we look forward to hosting future events at the Thaxton!!

Sent on 01/09/2017

The Thaxton's reply:

Thank you! We can't wait for your return!

Janet · Married on 12/03/2016

I recently had my son's rehearsal dinner at The Thaxton. It was a delightful experience! The ambiance of the prohibition/art deco look was a perfect theme for me to work around. The responsiveness of Peter and Kim was top notch. They were professional, organized and so easy to work with! It made the planning almost seem effortless for me. The guests were very complimentary to the look and feel of this venue! Thank you Kim, Peter, and Mad Dog! You made our night perfect!

Sent on 12/04/2016

The Thaxton's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! Nothing makes us happier than to hear you were pleased.

Katharine · Married on 11/05/2016

This was the perfect wedding venue for us. It is such a beautiful and unique space. Peter, Kim, and Mad Dog were so easy and wonderful to work with. They made sure our wedding was the event we wanted it to be. The Thaxton has several different levels which made for a really cool party. Each level is different and allowed our guests to do what they wanted to do whether it was just sit and talk or relax in the lounge or dance the night away downstairs. The staff are all so professional and experienced with event planning and I never felt like I was being cheated or swindled like I did with some other venues. Such a cool space. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/15/2016

The Thaxton's reply:

Thank you so much! We are thrilled to hear you have warm feelings towards us! We appreciate your review and recommendation.

Julia · Married on 09/24/2016

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at The Thaxton last weekend. From the moment we walked in, we knew this was the place! It was the first and only venue we even toured. We knew we wanted a spot that would accommodate the ceremony and reception all in one, that also had availability to do food stations. Peter had a vision for us immediately - he drew a mock up floor plan, walked us through the schedule for the evening, told us how the dance floor would work - and this was all on our first tour! From then until the day of, he answered my countless question and gave me comfort in our decisions. On our wedding day, Peter and Kim collaborated with my vendors to turn the facility into the most magical place we could imagine. The ceremony was warm, romantic and whimsical. They flipped to the reception, and the room was buzzing with excitement from all our guests. I can't even imagine how many times I had guests come up to us and compliment the venue. We even heard that it was the most beautiful wedding some had ever attended. To top it all off, Mr. Mad Dog swept us off our feet. He was attentive to us, provided us guidance throughout the night for where we should be, and even brought us drinks when we needed them. He was touched by our vows, and we could tell from the start that our night truly mattered to him. The Thaxton turned our dreams into reality. If we could live in that moment forever, we would. There is not one thing we would change, and we owe it all to Peter, Kim and Mad Dog!!

Sent on 09/27/2016

The Thaxton's reply:

We are humbled...to say the least. But most of all, honored to have had the chance to share such a meaningful time in your lives! Much love and gratitude.

Kate · Married on 08/20/2016

My husband and I were recently married (ceremony and reception) at The Thaxton, and we absolutely LOVED our experience there! From the very beginning, Peter helped us to coordinate our wedding day at the venue. He was always available to answer any questions we had and was incredibly helpful with suggestions. The day of the wedding went off without a hitch. Mad Dog did a fantastic job keeping the night flowing from one event to the next, and he was with us at every key event to make sure my husband and I knew exactly where we needed to be at what time. Peter, Kim, and the rest of the staff kept everything running smoothly the entire night. The night was totally stress free for us and our guests. Everyone could not stop talking about how gorgeous and unique The Thaxton was and how smoothly everything ran. We truly had a perfect evening, and we will never forget our absolutely wonderful experience there. We are so happy we booked The Thaxton- there is no other venue like it! Thank you for giving us an amazing, unforgettable wedding!!

Sent on 09/03/2016

The Thaxton's reply:

We are so very appreciative and humbled by the kind words! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.

Matt · event on: 06/08/2016

Wow! What an impressive building! Kim and her staff are of the utmost professionals. I can not say enough except go experience this! 100% satisfied perfect! The political fundraiser was a success!

Sent on 06/09/2016

The Thaxton's reply:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!