The Tate House Reviews

The Tate House View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Robert M. Getting married on 08/03/2022

Excellent service and value !

My Daughter was married on 3/20/21. The staff was AMAZING ! They went out of their way on everything, if I could give the a 100 star rating I would. Gwen and Brianna were absolutely fantastic !
    From coordinating very detail of every minute to being flexible on some last minute changes they worked with us and made everything go so smoothly. For a once in a lifetime event for not only my daughter and her mom and dad they made it a day we will never forget and memories we will hold in our heart forever!
    I highly recommend the Tate House - you won’t regret using them.
  • J Monn
    J Monn Married on 12/06/2020

Amazing wedding am the pandemic!

Our daughter’s wedding took place in the midst of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic and could not have turned out any better!!! The staff of The Tate House was professional and eager to work with us to include all the CDC recommendations as well our own requests to ensure the enjoyment and safety of everyone in attendance. If you are looking for an elegant wedding venue, this has to be the most gorgeous venue in Georgia! From the pavilion to the reception ballroom to the mansion and the grounds as well as even the bridal cottage, it is all stunning and gorgeous in photographs. We cannot say enough about our wonderful experience. Because of the pandemic and the uncertainty of whether we would even be able to have the wedding, The Tate House worked with us every step of the way to make it perfect! They even allowed us to wait until the last minute to make final changes and payments because of the unprecedented circumstances.
    Thank you for a beautiful and memorable day!!!
  • Nicole
    Nicole P. Married on 11/03/2020

Spring Wedding

My wedding day was INCREDIBLE. The ceremony was decorated so well, all my guests had a great time and my only wish is that it could've lasted forever. Tate House exceeded all of my expectations and I owe a big thanks to my wedding coordinator, Michelle! When things felt crazy, she was always by my side to help move things along or offer solutions. I loved everything about my wedding.
  • Colleen
    Colleen B. Married on 02/29/2020

The perfect venue!!

I recently got married at the Tate House and I can't express enough how truly perfect it was! The Tate House is an incredible location unlike anything else. It is surprisingly affordable compared to other locations around Atlanta and you get so much more than any other venue I have seen. Included in our package was an on site coordinator we met with at 6 months, 3 months and 1 month prior to our wedding. She was incredible and talked with us between all those meetings. It also included on site catering/chef who served the MOST AMAZING FOOD (still dreaming about the tortellini), on site designer and florist who created a lavish fairy tale wedding, a cake from a local delicious cake company, and so much more. I am not a DIY bride and the fact that everything was included and taken care of just made the entire process 1000x better. Also, if you haven't seen it yet, they have this amazing glass walled pavilion you can get married in!!! Perfect for my winter wedding. You can't go wrong with the Tate House. Seriously, go up there and check it out. You will not be sorry.
  • Authentic
    Authentic C. Married on 01/10/2020

Beautiful for photos!

We love photographing weddings at The Tate House, it's such a gorgeous venue!
  • Carlie
    Carlie Married on 05/19/2019

Excellent!!

Beautiful venue... Definitely a magical wedding day! Wonderful staff and their food is incredible! Loved every bit of our wedding day thanks to the Tate House team!
    Maddison Married on 03/16/2019

The Tate House was AMAZING!! First of all the venue is absolutely stunning and so accommodating. We paid extra to have the bridal cottage for the entire day and it was the best money spent on the whole wedding. Seriously, if you are considering it I would sacrifice other things in your budget to have the bridal cottage. The staff was AMAZING. Michelle is so organized and calm through every step of the planning process. I truly believe this venue is one of the best kept secrets in North Georgia.
    Shelley Married on 02/23/2019

Perfectly Stunning!

The Tate House was the perfect place for our wedding. The staff catered my every need from food, flowers, and decorations. They made my day perfectly effortless and stunning. I am so thankful for everything they did for me.
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 10/14/2018

Wonderful, amazing day

I planned my wedding at the Tate House for 2 years. It finally happened on Sunday October 14th. It was THE best day of my life. People kept asking me, "How are you so calm?" Well, that is because the Tate House gave me absolutely no reason to be worried! Coordinators, Megan & Michelle, are absolute angels. Cindy, their sales rep, is an absolute sweetheart. Paul, the decorator, works magic with the decor and flowers.. It looked absolutely beautiful. I have never received so many compliments in my life! I worked mostly with Megan and she is amazing. She responded very promptly and knew exactly what was going on at all times. I never felt like I needed to repeat myself even once. She was so willing to help me with whatever I needed, I just knew I didn't have a single thing to worry about because of her. The day went by so smoothly, if anything went wrong, I never knew about it or noticed. My single issue is the owner (I think her name is Marsha), who I did not meet once until the day of, so she stays out of the process until the wedding day. I received multiple complaints about her from guests (and even from my mother) about her attitude, which was apparently very sour and rude. However, the Tate House was such an amazing place for us to be married at! One sour apple within the hundreds of amazing apples will not damper my opinion on this place. You will NOT regret using the Tate House for your wedding, ever. It is heaven.
    Jennifer Married on 04/28/2018
    My daughter was married at the Tate House in April 2018. We were thrilled with the venue and the staff. From the first tour with Cindy, through the planning meetings with Michelle, until the sparkler send-off the wedding night, the process with seamless and enjoyable. The staff are extraordinary. I worried about nothing and totally enjoyed the wedding day. Michelle handled everything! The food was delicious; décor and flowers were beautiful. And the venue is spectacular! The grounds, gardens, and buildings are immaculately maintained and provide the most beautiful setting. And the bridal cottage is such a special place for the bride and her party. I have not seen any place like it! This venue checks every box!! I cannot imagine a more beautiful place or talented staff. We were thrilled with our choice of the Tate House.
    Christine Married on 10/29/2017
    The Tate House was the most magical place to get married. The staff there, especially Cindy and Michelle, were absolutely incredible and so easy to work with! My husband and I planned our wedding from a ship and they were able to work with us through emails and plan all of our meetings the six weeks leading up to our wedding. Our wedding day was everything we ever dreamed it would be. We did our ceremony outside even though it was FREEZING! The food was delicious, the flowers were beautiful, the entire team made all of my guests feel welcome and we had such an amazing night dancing and enjoying our night. It was all very affordable and the venue is absolutely beautiful! We look forward to returning every year to relive our wedding day!
    Reva Married on 09/02/2017
    There are no words I can give well enough to be spoken for The Tate House and their staff! They all went out of their way to help make sure my daughters wedding day was amazing, I appreciate your professionalism and the outstanding service we received! Cindy and Michelle are truly the best, the food was outstanding and service hands down not comparable to any other venue around! Thank you guys!!
    Christian Married on 07/22/2017
    I was just recently married at the Tate House on July 22, 2017. The Tate House was my dream venue. It is an absolutely beautiful mansion in the North Georgia mountains. If I could give more stars for the experience I had as a bride I would. This venue and staff are 10/10. I planned my wedding in THREE months and it was as if we had planned for a year. Cindy, Michelle, Paul, and the whole staff were very professional and made my life as a bride with a short engagement so enjoyable, easy, and stress free. The entire wedding process and wedding planning was everything I hoped it would be. Each time I met with and talked to Michelle and Cindy they were professional and offered ideas and helped me stay within my budget and still have the most beautiful wedding of my dreams. I have been married almost two months now and our guests are still talking about how it was the most beautiful wedding they had been to. Everything ran so smoothly on the rehearsal and my Wedding Day. The food was delicious, the staff was so kind, and the decor and flowers were BEAUTIFUL. If you are looking for a classy, elegant, venue look no further than the Tate House. The staff will help give you the wedding of your dreams within your budget. The Tate House will always hold a special place in my heart. Thank you Cindy, Michelle, and Tate House staff for your professionalism.
    Megan Married on 11/12/2016
    When looking for a wedding venue, we immediately thought of the Tate House because my parents got married here 25 years ago. It is a beautiful venue in the North Georgia Mountains with all the accommodations you could ever need. Michelle worked very, very hard to make sure our wedding day was the day I always dreamed of. She helped me think through my decisions and offered alternative ideas if that was needed. If I could do this day over again, I would literally change nothing about the day and I owe that all to the Tate House. If you are looking to get married in a beautiful location in the mountains, my husband, family, and I 100% recommend the Tate House!
    Sarah Married on 10/08/2016
    Thank you so much to the Tate House for making our day extra special! The whole process was so much less stressful than what we imagined it being thanks to their lovely staff! Everyone I have talked to about our wedding raved about how amazing the food, venue, and atmosphere was! Michelle was the best wedding coordinator we could have asked for! She helped our day run flawlessly and helped relieve much of the stress off of us. The bridal cottage was a dream and was the perfect place to spend getting ready with the girls! We could not have imagined our day going more perfect than it did thanks to yall! We loved everything about the Tate House
    Jill Married on 10/02/2016
    If you need a gorgeous venue with beautiful scenery,awesome staff,and great food The Tate House is your place!My daughter and I went with high expectations and they were exceeded by the great planning and directing of Kelly Eubanks,and Cindy Lupi. These two ladies listened to our fairy tale dreams and made them a reality! I can not say enough about the beautiful grounds that they have on this property the pictures are amazing. To end your amazing day you can also leave on a helicopter it was so cool and amazing your friends will talk of this cool departure for weeks.I have had numerous people tell me it was the prettiest wedding they had ever been to.Everything you worry to find is all inclusive to the Tate House packages so, no worries in finding great food,wedding cake, and an onsite floral designer with top of the line decor to meet your reception and ceremony needs.Tate House is the wedding venue for you if you are looking for a stress free wedding experience!Book an appointment today to make your wedding dreams come true you, will not be disappointed.
    Jessi Married on 09/10/2016
    You will not go wrong with The Tate House. I've lived in the small town of this venue and it was always my dreams spot for my wedding. Well, dreams come true! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day. My 200+ guests were all raving over the ceremony, reception, food, etc. Our wedding day could not have been more perfect!
    Genine Married on 09/03/2016
    If you want an amazingly beautiful wedding that your guests will be impressed with, have it at The Tate House! The staff was professional and accommodating from day one of planning until we drove away in our getaway car. Every detail was absolutely perfect. From the gorgeous mansion and grounds, to the opulence of the reception space, to the delicious food....I could not have imagined a more beautiful day. The Tate House was a great choice for my wedding. I will never forget the kindeness and hospitality that the entire staff showed my family and guests.
    Makayla Married on 07/16/2016
    The Tate House went over and beyond the expectations for our July wedding. First, they kept their word with every single last detail. From the beautiful flowers, to making my dream wedding cake that I pulled off of Pinterest come true, The Tate House made wedding planning easy, honestly. The day of our wedding there was a 60% chance of rain. The weather was gorgeous up until an hour before the ceremony. The staff was willing to move the wedding inside or to the covered pavilion, but I really still wanted in the outside terrace. Well, as soon as the storm passed, the ENTIRE (there were so many of them!!) Tate House staff was outside wiping down chairs and sweeping the ground dry so that everything was dry and beautiful for our guests. And in the meantime, the Tate House also kept the guests occupied inside the house. There was a beautiful double rainbow right above our ceremony, and it made for the most perfect wedding day. The food is exceptional, as well as the thorough planning that they help prepare you through. They thought of every detail. Kelly, who does the flowers and decor, knew my taste about five minutes into the meeting. She made my dream come true! I would highly recommend the Tate House because they are professional, worth your money, and they really will go out of their way the day of the wedding to make it perfect for you.
    Angelina Married on 04/16/2016
    My husband and I spent 4 months trying to find a venue and we must have hit at least 10 different places (out of state too!). Fortunately, my husband somehow found the Tate House and I am SO grateful that he did. When we took our first step on the property, we knew we found our dream wedding location. The place is absolutely stunning. If you are looking for an outdoor wedding, I highly recommend this place. It's utterly romantic. They just built a terrace behind the outdoor ceremony too in case there were to be rain. It's gorgeous and although I'm glad it didn't rain on our wedding day, I wouldn't have mind the terrace. The reception area (indoor) has a beautiful marble dance floor and a gigantic bar (a plus for us!). Also, the venue has a 'bridal cottage' where my bridesmaids and I (and my mother) got ready the day of. We were given drinks, fruit and cheese to nibble on too. My husband was able to take advantage of the venue's 'groomsmen cottage,' which the venue had just finished renovating. Even though the venue was amazing, the simplicity and ease behind planning our wedding couldn't have happened without the help of Cindy, Michelle & Kelly. Cindy is THE sweetest, caring, most amazing person I have ever met. She was there with us starting from day 1 (which was January of 2015) to our wedding day (June 2016). She answered ALL of our questions and ensured that we were comfortable the entire time. Michelle was so polite and easy to work with too. She made the day of our wedding run smoothly and I never had to worry about anything going amiss. We wanted to include a small Vietnamese 'Tea Ceremony' during our reception and Michelle had no trouble coordinating it in our schedule. And I cannot say enough about Kelly, who helped us design our bouquets and set up the decor for the ceremony site and the reception area. I came in having NO idea what I wanted, however she was able to identify my sense of style and took care of everything. Best venue ever!
    Donna Married on 02/20/2016
    I have to say, Cindy Lupi was a joy to work with. Always had a uplifting, happy,encouraging, attitude. She was very pleasant over the phone the many, many times I called her, with many, many questions and she was very gracious in responding.
    Kelly was also very kind and helpful. Kelly made everything run smoothly and very professionally the entire day.
    Kelly also did a great job in recommending the DJ. (who was a 10+). Everybody in our family is still raving about the DJ.
    As for the food and the overall set up the day of the event, it was spectacular!!! It exceeded our expectations! Our guests were wowed!
    And our happy couple were overjoyed. All I can say is Thank You again for making our Daughter and Son-in-Law's day wonderful!
    GREAT JOB TATE HOUSE EMPLOYEES!
    Sincerely,
    Donna and Brian Chizmadia
  • User2542043 2+ years ago
    Absolutely loved this venue! they took care of so many of the big services it made everything much easier.
    Sarah Married on 10/10/2015
    The Tate house was the perfect location for our October wedding. You get the backdrop of the Georgia mountains but also the elegance of the mansion. We were so thrilled with our experience with the venue and staff. They were so helpful and accommodating during planning and we're all there to tend to you on the wedding day. I recommend them to anyone looking at wedding venues. They will help you with decor and flowers and stationary. You have a whole team there helping you create your fairytale wedding. I love the Tate house and they will always have a special place in my heart
    Brittany Married on 09/06/2015
    I cannot even begin to describe with words how amazing & beautiful this venue is! If you're anything like I was and you see the word "House," and think "no way, overdone, and I want tons of space for dancing and something way more extravagant"--do not be fooled! Yes, it is a beautiful, historic house, and your wedding guests get the luxury of touring it after your ceremony, but it is so much more than that. Prepare for breathtaking views that will make for amazing backdrops in your ceremony, a large ballroom adjacent to the house that comes to life with an old piano bar and large dance floor, and a staff that will absolutely make you forget that there is 10,000 things going on that day. Cindy and Kelly were amazing at taking my dreams for a wedding and turning them into a reality, and they made it so easy. They asked the questions, I gave answers, and they ran with it and brought it all to life. All of the décor is on site (including flowers, Kelly does them herself!), the catering is provided, and so is the wedding cake! This made the stress of having to make sure everything was there and on time non-existent, and all of the food and drinks were to die for! Seven months later, we still have people talking about how beautiful the wedding was and what a great time they had. It was truly a fairytale wedding! I just cannot thank the staff of the Tate House enough for giving our guests and us a day that we will never forget. Please believe that you will not be disappointed with this venue.
    Elise Married on 10/25/2014
    I just recently had my wedding at The Tate House and in a word it was absolutely perfect. The wedding coordinators on site helped through every step of the way and took our vision and created the most beautiful ceremony and reception we could've imagined. They provided a beautiful backdrop, all of the decorations/linens/food/cake.. We received rave reviews on every piece that went into it. With their help, the process was easy and I would recommend them to anyone. The Tate House is a North Georgia hidden gem!