The Sycamore at Mallow Run Reviews

13 Reviews for The Sycamore at Mallow Run

13 The Sycamore at Mallow Run Reviews
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 09/29/2018

I can't say enough good things about this venue. The coordination and communication with JScot, Venue Director, was incredible. He was fantastic through the whole process. And kept my mother entertained with wine.
    Lol. The setting was perfect, the room and ceremony was set up to my specific specifications. The staff was accommodating and made my day perfect. I can't thank you all enough... you have one happy bride.

Kendall · Married on 09/29/2018

Guys! I can't begin to express how amazing the people at The Sycamore are. We had the best experience from beginning to end. They get involved in your journey and make sure it is everything you want and then some. I love this family that runs it and the people they employ. They are up and coming and is a place to check out and book for sure!!!!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/16/2018

Perfect Venue

I wanted a gorgeous venue and I had a smaller guest count (we did a very intimate ceremony of 80 people). When I came across this venue I knew it was perfect and the smaller homestead room was a perfect fit. The team is very flexible and once I was assigned someone for my wedding it was a breeze. Bridgette was absolutely amazing, cannot recommend her enough. She really cared about our event and made us feel so special. My favorite part was the horse drawn carriage ride to my outdoor ceremony. Apparently I was the first one to do this?! It was so pretty. And the fireworks were amazing. Mallow run is one of my favorite wines as well. I would recommend this venue to anyone. Very affordable, gorgeous for pics, and they are easy to work with.

The Sycamore at Mallow Run 1
    The Sycamore at Mallow Run 2
    The Sycamore at Mallow Run 3

Linda · Married on 08/25/2018

Beautiful venue, great wedding planner that is included with your package. I would highly recommend both the Sycamore and Kim Walls, event planner.

Brittany · Married on 06/15/2018

The sycamore was absolutely gorgeous and helped make my wedding as perfect as it could be! I highly recommend this venue and Bridgette as the day of planner!

Marcie · Married on 03/17/2018

My daughter was married at The Sycamore at Mallow Run last weekend, March 17, 2018. It was the most beautiful setting and we worked with the absolute BEST staff anywhere around! Kim was our coordinator and she was beyond helpful, making sure that the wedding was perfect! I HIGHLY recommend this venue! We used one of their preferred caterers, Sweet and Savory catering out of Indianapolis. The food was delicious...dinner, cake, and all! Thank you everyone who helped us pull off a dream day for my daughter and her new husband!!

Rebecca · Married on 03/10/2018

I got married at the Sycamore earlier this year in March. My day was absolutely beautiful! My event coordinator, Kim, was very helpful while I was planning my event, and was amazing at coordinating the day of. My maid of honor, who has been in 5-10 weddings already, said it was the smoothest coordination she had ever had during the day of a wedding. I was mainly behind the scenes while they worked with the DJ and other vendors. Laura was also very helpful and timely as I began planning my wedding in the months prior. The sycamore was very flexible in that they were able to accommodate all of our requests, include a date change for our wedding. I loved how open and beautiful the event space was - we never felt crowded and guests had the ability to explore, between the gallery, main room, and beautiful porches. This is a perfect space for someone who wants the feel of an outdoorsy wedding (as the location has options for both indoor and outdoor weddings). I would definitely recommend the Sycamore for anyone planning a wedding (or other events as well)!

Veronica · Married on 12/03/2017

Absolutely Gorgeous ! Everything was perfect! They let us visit the site multiple times! Helped us try to find other vendors! Listened and make everything exactly what we wanted! Couldn't have asked for more!

The Sycamore at Mallow Run 4
    The Sycamore at Mallow Run 5
    The Sycamore at Mallow Run 6
    The Sycamore at Mallow Run 7

Maggie · Married on 11/25/2017

We had our wedding at the Sycamore at Mallow Run on 11/25/2017. When we first started planning, we were still toying with the idea of having a destination wedding with a reception back home. But as soon as we saw the Sycamore, all of those thoughts went out of the window. Any photo of the venue that you see is beautiful, but it really can’t be done justice until you see it in person. There is no other venue out there like it, and we are still so thankful that we were able to have our wedding there. Laura, Autumn and the entire staff were incredibly accommodating and so helpful, and they made sure everything at the wedding went off without a hitch. I would absolutely recommend a wedding at the Sycamore to anyone who asked!

Kaitlyn · Married on 11/16/2017

This venue was literally perfect for my wedding. I couldn’t have imagined it being any more beautiful. The venue itself has natural beauty with a rustic yet elegant feel so there isn’t a need for a lot of other decorations. Kim Walls was amazing to work with and it is evident that she cares for every one of her brides. There are two bridal suites that make getting rest fun and easy as well as a “groom den” outside. I love the natural feel, fireplaces, and scenery of the entire property. I would 100% recommend, my wedding day couldn’t have been more perfect.

The Sycamore at Mallow Run 8
    The Sycamore at Mallow Run 15
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 11/16/2017

Rebecca · Married on 04/29/2017

Wonder venue. Hannah and Laura are always so helpful. I loved the Sycamore!

Katie · Married on 03/25/2018

3.0
      1.5
      2.0

The Sycamore venue is beautiful and we are happy we chose to have our wedding there. There are a few things that we feel they could improve on though. One of the biggest issues was that other potential clients were being shown around while we were trying to decorate and prepare for our day. Several groups and individuals were nosing around at our decor for quite a long period of time and we felt like they clearly didn’t belong there. Several guests from the wedding next door kept hanging around until I had to tell them they didn’t belong on our side.
    Also, the table cloths that the Sycamore staff put on the guestbook table and gift table were terribly wrinkled and looked bad. I’m glad we had a steamer with us and had the time to steam the table cloths because that was one of the first things guests see when they arrive.
    Our other issue was with our appointed coordinator Kim. She really needs to learn to listen and take notes and then look at her notes! She asked some of the same questions every time we met or spoke with her and then still forgot things on the day of the wedding. For example, she had told us when we first met with her that Sycamore staff would take care of putting out our appetizers/snacks in the gallery while the ceremony was going on. I had asked her to double check and make sure this would be done. Then on the day of the wedding she asked me who I had to do this! I told her she had told me her staff would and she said “Oh, I forgot”. This is just one example. She is very nice and tries to be helpful but she really needs to pay better attention and listen.
    There was a worker that sat up the chairs, etc. and she was an awesome worker. I wish I could remember her name because she went above and beyond!
    We were very happy with our florist, Shane White from Crister’s Florist in Morgantown, our caterer Sweet & Savory