8 Reviews for The Sycamore at Mallow Run

Signature Drink (1)
Audio Equipment (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
8 The Sycamore at Mallow Run Reviews

I got married at the Sycamore earlier this year in March. My day was absolutely beautiful! My event coordinator, Kim, was very helpful while I was planning my event, and was amazing at coordinating the day of. My maid of honor, who has been in 5-10 weddings already, said it was the smoothest coordination she had ever had during the day of a wedding. I was mainly behind the scenes while they worked with the DJ and other vendors. Laura was also very helpful and timely as I began planning my wedding in the months prior. The sycamore was very flexible in that they were able to accommodate all of our requests, include a date change for our wedding. I loved how open and beautiful the event space was - we never felt crowded and guests had the ability to explore, between the gallery, main room, and beautiful porches. This is a perfect space for someone who wants the feel of an outdoorsy wedding (as the location has options for both indoor and outdoor weddings). I would definitely recommend the Sycamore for anyone planning a wedding (or other events as well)!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely Gorgeous ! Everything was perfect! They let us visit the site multiple times! Helped us try to find other vendors! Listened and make everything exactly what we wanted! Couldn't have asked for more!

Profile Picture Veronica , 12/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Specialty Wine, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Tables, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, Set Up, Barware, Linens

We had our wedding at the Sycamore at Mallow Run on 11/25/2017. When we first started planning, we were still toying with the idea of having a destination wedding with a reception back home. But as soon as we saw the Sycamore, all of those thoughts went out of the window. Any photo of the venue that you see is beautiful, but it really can’t be done justice until you see it in person. There is no other venue out there like it, and we are still so thankful that we were able to have our wedding there. Laura, Autumn and the entire staff were incredibly accommodating and so helpful, and they made sure everything at the wedding went off without a hitch. I would absolutely recommend a wedding at the Sycamore to anyone who asked!

Profile Picture Maggie, 11/25/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was literally perfect for my wedding. I couldn’t have imagined it being any more beautiful. The venue itself has natural beauty with a rustic yet elegant feel so there isn’t a need for a lot of other decorations. Kim Walls was amazing to work with and it is evident that she cares for every one of her brides. There are two bridal suites that make getting rest fun and easy as well as a “groom den” outside. I love the natural feel, fireplaces, and scenery of the entire property. I would 100% recommend, my wedding day couldn’t have been more perfect.

Photos
Profile Picture Kaitlyn , 11/16/17, 1 Review

Profile Picture Kaitlyn , 11/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, Set Up, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Indoor, Barware, Linens

Wonder venue. Hannah and Laura are always so helpful. I loved the Sycamore!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
2.1

The Sycamore venue is beautiful and we are happy we chose to have our wedding there. There are a few things that we feel they could improve on though. One of the biggest issues was that other potential clients were being shown around while we were trying to decorate and prepare for our day. Several groups and individuals were nosing around at our decor for quite a long period of time and we felt like they clearly didn’t belong there. Several guests from the wedding next door kept hanging around until I had to tell them they didn’t belong on our side.
Also, the table cloths that the Sycamore staff put on the guestbook table and gift table were terribly wrinkled and looked bad. I’m glad we had a steamer with us and had the time to steam the table cloths because that was one of the first things guests see when they arrive.
Our other issue was with our appointed coordinator Kim. She really needs to learn to listen and take notes and then look at her notes! She asked some of the same questions every time we met or spoke with her and then still forgot things on the day of the wedding. For example, she had told us when we first met with her that Sycamore staff would take care of putting out our appetizers/snacks in the gallery while the ceremony was going on. I had asked her to double check and make sure this would be done. Then on the day of the wedding she asked me who I had to do this! I told her she had told me her staff would and she said “Oh, I forgot”. This is just one example. She is very nice and tries to be helpful but she really needs to pay better attention and listen.
There was a worker that sat up the chairs, etc. and she was an awesome worker. I wish I could remember her name because she went above and beyond!
We were very happy with our florist, Shane White from Crister’s Florist in Morgantown, our caterer Sweet & Savory

Profile Picture Katie , 3/25/18, 1 Review