The Sweet Peace Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Amanda
    Amanda E. Married on 08/29/2020

You NEED this cake at your wedding

Hands down the best bakery. We worked with Allison the owner who literally took my vision over the phone and made it come to life! We did a two tier cake with coffee cake and maple filling. Can I tell you its literally like pancakes and syrup or waffles and syrup and was the most moist amazing cake, not to mention gorgeous!
  • Jpbride2B
    Judy Married on 10/14/2019

Such an Amazing Experience

I have to say, they made the cake situation for my wedding such a breeze. The tasting was just dreamy and they let you take more samples of what you like. Talking to them was so easy, and they were always super responsive. She doesn't care more about money than making sure the cake is what you need. She will help you find the best financial option for your cake. I have so many food allergies (nuts, seeds, shellfish, countless others) and had no issues whatsoever. They even took extra precautions for me. To this day, I crave our wedding cake. They are so financially reasonable and able to do whatever you want. Our cake was just perfect and so beautiful and the whole experience was truly a highlight in my wedding process and day. I can't explain how grateful I am to them. It is something so small, that became something so memorable and perfect.
  • Sarah
    Sarah C. Married on 10/13/2019

October wedding

We used Sweet Peace Bakery for our wedding cake. We were referred to Sweet Peace through our venue, and were so pleased with how everything turned out! Allison was so lovely, and every single cake flavor we tried at our tasting was excellent! The designs she made on the cake were simple but so classic and pretty, exactly like what we wanted.
    Brittany Married on 09/22/2019

Perfection

Allison (the owner) is simply the BEST! I am a procrastinator and Allison worked with me to get my tastings and dream cake completed only 2 weeks before my wedding! My florist wanted to charge $100 to put a few flowers on my cake, which I thought was absurd. So instead, I bought a few different cake toppers (e.g., flowers and leaves) from Michaels and dropped them off at Sweet Peace. Allison worked her magic and turned my cake into a masterpiece. It was simply GORGEOUS. I got so many compliments on both the beauty AND deliciousness of our wedding cake. THANK YOU SO MUCH, ALLISON AND EVERYONE AT SWEET PEACE!
  • Julia
    Julia K. Married on 07/27/2019

Delicious and Beautiful!

Allison from The Sweet Peace is INCREDIBLE! She is a true professional! She not only made the most delicious wedding cake for us, but it was absolutely stunning as well! She helped guide us in designing a cake that was exactly what we wanted on the outside and the inside!
  • U
    Ursula B. Married on 07/25/2019

Amazing Cake

I can't express enough how amazingly beautiful the bridal shower cake was. It just melted in your mouth. Everyone asked where it came from that's how good it was! I showed Allison a picture of what I wanted and I left the rest to her. It was the best overall cake and dessert I've ever had! She's a pro at her job and awesome to work with. Allison and her staff are on top of their game and thoroughly have their act together in running this business. Great admiration for a great team!
  • Natalie
    Natalie L. Married on 11/09/2018

Cake is to die for!

Allison is such a great person to work with. Her incredible talent and personable character was the perfect recipe (no pun intended haha) for the perfect cake. The variety of flavors were amazing and our tasting was a blast. It looked beautiful and tasted amazing. So many people went out of their way to tell me how wonderful it was!
    Heather Married on 11/02/2018

Truly Amazing!

Allison is truly one of a kind. My wife and I waited until the very last minute to order a cake, and Allison walked us through each step! She is a very warm and welcoming person, and she completely understood what we wanted- and was able to exactly replicate a single picture of a cake we loved. It was truly flawless. And don’t even get me started on how delicious the cake was!! Our guests were raving about it the next day.
    If you need to find a baker, I assure you that you shouldn’t even waste your time looking elsewhere. Allison and her team are incredibly talented and very responsive to all of your questions and concerns, barely any time passes before she responds to your email!
    Allison gave us what we wanted and helped us stay within budget, while giving us wonderful advice on which size cake we should get for our guests. Also, she gives you a mini version of your cake so you and your spouse can have it within a week of the wedding, or on your anniversary!
    We love Allison and are so appreciative we found her!
    Susan Married on 09/14/2018
    Amazing! We got our cake through our vendor and worked with Alison to create the cake of our dreams! I sent Alison an idea and she nailed it. Not to mention, the cake was DELICIOUS and our guests are still raving about it. She is such a sweetheart and was a pleasure to work with!
    Meghan Married on 06/30/2018
    Allison and her team at The Sweet Peace were incredible! She was the cake vendor through our venue and boy did we luck out! From my first interaction with her, she was fantastic and super accommodating. We had a great experience during our tasting and the cake was gorgeous and super delicious! Her creativity with our flavors was amazing and the decor was simply elegant and EXACTLY what I wanted. Make Allison your last stop, it will be worth it!
    Michael Married on 06/30/2018
    Allison was so kind and helpful in aiding us in selecting our wedding cake. The cake was gorgeous, and the best compliment that I can give is that people that don't even enjoy cake absolutely loved and devoured our wedding cake. Thank you again!
    Ann Married on 05/12/2018
    The Sweet Peace made our daughter's First Communion cake this weekend and we were so delighted that I wanted to RAVE about them and share our joy!! Allison truly created an AMAZING piece of art that all of our guests absolutely RAVED about! We have been coming to Allison for many years - as we live locally to her store - and this time she truly went ABOVE & BEYOND with her detail and artistry. We will all remember this cake for YEARS TO COME!!!
    Jennifer Married on 04/13/2018
    My husband and I were lucky our Aunt and Uncle wanted to gift us our wedding cake from their favorite bakery. Allison was a gem from the moment we met her at our tasting. It was such a fun experience and I’m so grateful my aunt did this for us.

Let’s not even start on the gorgeous art Allison creates in edible form or the DELICIOUSNESS that leave all your guests baffled! This is not your average wedding cake. This is a cake that will NOT go to waste. Absolutely delicious!!!! We’ve received endless compliments. Thanks to the Sweet Peace and my aunt and uncle!!!
    Brittany Married on 12/29/2017
    We can’t say enough about how great working with Allison has been! Allison recently created our wedding cake. Allison’s work is truly amazing, guests can’t stop raving about how gorgeous our cake looked! Allison worked with us to create the look we wanted and came up with the most perfect design. Not only did it look amazing, but it tasted fantastic too. Since my wife and I are vegans, we were excited to have vegan cupcakes for ourselves while our guests enjoyed a typical cake at the end of the night. We highly recommend Allison for an eye-catching, delicious wedding cake!
    Amanda Married on 12/22/2017
    My husband and I are not big on cake at all. In fact we actually tried to negotiate not having one but then we went to The Sweet Peace and met with Allison for our tasting. Her bakery can accommodate pretty much every food allergy and restriction you could have (I am dairy free) and it all still tastes incredible! We didn't want a typical white wedding cake and after consulting with Allison and her showing us a few designs she helped us come up with something that was not only beautiful but very delish! Since I didn't want the entire cake to be dairy free, Allison accommodated my individual needs with a dairy free cupcake! Our guests also couldn't believe how delicious the actual cake was! We also had a fun tasting to try the different flavors of cake and frosting. Allison can really do anything you want! After raving about her after the tasting, my mom and sister went to her for the cupcakes for my bridal shower which was a great surprise! I'll definitely be working with her again in the future :)
    Brittany Married on 11/24/2017
    Allison is the BOMB DOT COM. Our wedding cake is literally the talk of the century. All of our guests have been raving about how DELISH our cake was. We had the cinnamon with oreo buttercream cake... To. Die. For. I absolutely loved the fact that Allison makes a separate cake for us to enjoy for our year anniversary, instead of the one that sits out all day at the wedding. I cannot wait to use Allison again for more events to come!
    Eva Married on 11/04/2017
    Allyson really cared about us and our event. The cake was beautiful and really delicious. She has a loyal following. Can’t wait for another occasion to use her services
    Cindy Married on 10/28/2017
    I loved working with Alison on my wedding cake and could not have imagined how beautiful and delicious my cake was.
    To quote most of my guests "this was the best wedding cake I ever had!!!!!"
    As if her cake wasn't enough, Alison also includes a miniature wedding cake to freeze until your first anniversary!
    Seline Married on 10/08/2017
    Our wedding cake was a big hit. Everyone loved it. Alison made us a cake with a fantastic combination of flavors. Loves it!!!
  • OnTheWayToMrsA
    Suzanne Married on 08/18/2017
    Allison at The Sweet Peace bakery was a true joy to work with. There were so many times that I’d end up speaking on the phone with her for a half hour... only to realize we hadn’t even discussed the wedding cake! She truly became a friend to me during this process, which made it that much more fun to design our wedding cake together. Allison was very helpful in every aspect of choosing a cake: from giving us a second tasting when we requested different flavors (the first set was equally delicious, we just had something very specific in mind), to sending emails at all hours of the day with her beautiful and thoughtful sketches, and going through Pinterest and Etsy with us when trying to create the perfect design (Harry Potter inspired) and finding a cake topper to coordinate. She even stayed late multiple times when I was racing over from work, and called me on her days off with great ideas she had! Not only did the finished product look incredible, it was the most DELICIOUS cake I’ve ever had: lemon cake with raspberry filling and raspberry buttercream. We heard so many great things about the cake all night, and even days later when I posted a photo online and people started raving about it all over again. One more point to mention is that Allison is SO truly down-to-earth, she made us feel very comfortable during the whole process and we had absolute confidence and trust in her. I highly recommend working with them for your wedding (or any other event!), and I’m looking forward to eating our one-year anniversary cake… which she kindly provided for us to keep in our freezer :)
    Nicole Married on 07/02/2017
    Our wedding Cake from Sweet Peace was AMAZING! When we went for our tasting everyone was so nice and did not rush us - they also helped us narrow down our selections (which was hard because everything we tried was delicious). We ended up going with a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and granny cookie (which had a cinnamon taste to it) and WOW was the cake amazing and beautiful. I cannot even tell you how many guests raved about how good it was - one of my husband's friends even texted him randomly at 2 in the morning (well after the wedding was over) wanting the details about the cake because it was THAT good lol. Wedding cake has such a bad rep - but boy did sweet peace change my mind. Would highly highly recommend!
  • User3163294 2+ years ago
    We ordered a bunch of mini cupcakes for our wedding. The cakes were delivered early in the day and then set up by the vendor later that night. The cakes were moist and delicious. The icing was beautiful - we got the rose icing with glitter and pearl decorations and they looked awesome set up for dessert. Would highly recommend booking Allison for cupcakes. She was responsive, professional, and delivered exactly what we asked.
    Ellen Married on 04/30/2017
    Our wedding cake was AMAZING!!! With their help, we created a custom cake with vanilla, chocolate, and cinnamon layers. I am still getting emails from guests telling me how delicious the cake was. Thank you The Sweet Peace for helping to make our special day that much more incredible!!!
  • I
    Irina Married on 09/24/2016
    We feel so lucky to have found The Sweet Peace bakery to make our wedding cake. The owner, Allison, is one of the nicest people we've met during the whole wedding process. We knew from the moment we sat down with her that this was going to be our wedding cake vendor. She gave us a huge amount of samples to try, plus extras to take home to our parents AND extras for us to try again later to help us make our decision (everything is so delicious that deciding on the filling and cake was no easy task). Allison also worked with us to get as close as possible to our budgeted cost for our cake without compromising what we envisioned. On our big day the cake looked absolutely STUNNING - it was exactly what we asked for and tasted amazing. I am still hearing from people how much they loved it. We can't wait to eat our 1 year anniversary cake - which they throw in for free and bake separately from the cake so that it doesn't sit out during the entire event! One last thing to mention is that her bakery is 100% nut free - no need to worry about anyone's allergies here :) Thanks so much Sweet Peace for making our cake selection process a breeze! We will definitely be back in the future - you guys rocked it!
    Kaitlin Married on 08/26/2016
    The Sweet Peace Bakery was a pleasure to work with. Allison is so kind, creative, and has an amazing eye for detail. She really took the time to answer all of my questions and helped me design a beautiful and delicious wedding cake. She also created a miniature gluten free and dairy free wedding cake that tasted delicious. She is very conscious of food allergies and is a pleasure to work with.