56 Reviews for The Sweet Peace

Cake Stands (4)
Vegan (4)
Groom's Cake (3)
56 The Sweet Peace Reviews

The Sweet Peace made our daughter's First Communion cake this weekend and we were so delighted that I wanted to RAVE about them and share our joy!! Allison truly created an AMAZING piece of art that all of our guests absolutely RAVED about! We have been coming to Allison for many years - as we live locally to her store - and this time she truly went ABOVE & BEYOND with her detail and artistry. We will all remember this cake for YEARS TO COME!!!

Profile Picture Ann, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I were lucky our Aunt and Uncle wanted to gift us our wedding cake from their favorite bakery. Allison was a gem from the moment we met her at our tasting. It was such a fun experience and I’m so grateful my aunt did this for us.

Let’s not even start on the gorgeous art Allison creates in edible form or the DELICIOUSNESS that leave all your guests baffled! This is not your average wedding cake. This is a cake that will NOT go to waste. Absolutely delicious!!!! We’ve received endless compliments. Thanks to the Sweet Peace and my aunt and uncle!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/13/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cupcakes

We can’t say enough about how great working with Allison has been! Allison recently created our wedding cake. Allison’s work is truly amazing, guests can’t stop raving about how gorgeous our cake looked! Allison worked with us to create the look we wanted and came up with the most perfect design. Not only did it look amazing, but it tasted fantastic too. Since my wife and I are vegans, we were excited to have vegan cupcakes for ourselves while our guests enjoyed a typical cake at the end of the night. We highly recommend Allison for an eye-catching, delicious wedding cake!

Profile Picture Brittany, 12/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegan, Cakes, Cupcakes

My husband and I are not big on cake at all. In fact we actually tried to negotiate not having one but then we went to The Sweet Peace and met with Allison for our tasting. Her bakery can accommodate pretty much every food allergy and restriction you could have (I am dairy free) and it all still tastes incredible! We didn't want a typical white wedding cake and after consulting with Allison and her showing us a few designs she helped us come up with something that was not only beautiful but very delish! Since I didn't want the entire cake to be dairy free, Allison accommodated my individual needs with a dairy free cupcake! Our guests also couldn't believe how delicious the actual cake was! We also had a fun tasting to try the different flavors of cake and frosting. Allison can really do anything you want! After raving about her after the tasting, my mom and sister went to her for the cupcakes for my bridal shower which was a great surprise! I'll definitely be working with her again in the future :)

Profile Picture Amanda, 12/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free

Allison is the BOMB DOT COM. Our wedding cake is literally the talk of the century. All of our guests have been raving about how DELISH our cake was. We had the cinnamon with oreo buttercream cake... To. Die. For. I absolutely loved the fact that Allison makes a separate cake for us to enjoy for our year anniversary, instead of the one that sits out all day at the wedding. I cannot wait to use Allison again for more events to come!

Profile Picture Brittany, 11/24/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Allyson really cared about us and our event. The cake was beautiful and really delicious. She has a loyal following. Can’t wait for another occasion to use her services

Profile Picture Eva, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I loved working with Alison on my wedding cake and could not have imagined how beautiful and delicious my cake was.
To quote most of my guests "this was the best wedding cake I ever had!!!!!"
As if her cake wasn't enough, Alison also includes a miniature wedding cake to freeze until your first anniversary!

Profile Picture Cindy, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was a big hit. Everyone loved it. Alison made us a cake with a fantastic combination of flavors. Loves it!!!

Profile Picture Seline, 10/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

How did Allison and her team at The Sweet Peace create something so beautiful that tasted so delicious? Our wedding cake was inspired by Gatsby’s art deco style and Allison realized our vision to perfection. Our three layer cake was a different texture on each layer, solid gold bottom, ribbed white middle, and gold sugar pearl design top, all crafted of buttercream so it tasted as good as it looked. We are a traditional couple and expected to go with a simple flavor that all our guests would enjoy but after an amazing tasting with our moms we ended up going with strawberry banana and Oreo cream fillings that paired perfectly and was loved by all. It was excellent to work with Allison, she was communicative via email, came up with a variety of sketches for us to choose from and every time we went to the shop we left full of sweet treats. Her price was very reasonable and the cakes was delivered on our wedding day with plenty of time. I was also really happy that her bakery is nut free as one of my groomsman has a peanut allergy and was able to enjoy our showpiece cake with us.

Profile Picture Mark, 8/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Allison at The Sweet Peace bakery was a true joy to work with. There were so many times that I’d end up speaking on the phone with her for a half hour... only to realize we hadn’t even discussed the wedding cake! She truly became a friend to me during this process, which made it that much more fun to design our wedding cake together. Allison was very helpful in every aspect of choosing a cake: from giving us a second tasting when we requested different flavors (the first set was equally delicious, we just had something very specific in mind), to sending emails at all hours of the day with her beautiful and thoughtful sketches, and going through Pinterest and Etsy with us when trying to create the perfect design (Harry Potter inspired) and finding a cake topper to coordinate. She even stayed late multiple times when I was racing over from work, and called me on her days off with great ideas she had! Not only did the finished product look incredible, it was the most DELICIOUS cake I’ve ever had: lemon cake with raspberry filling and raspberry buttercream. We heard so many great things about the cake all night, and even days later when I posted a photo online and people started raving about it all over again. One more point to mention is that Allison is SO truly down-to-earth, she made us feel very comfortable during the whole process and we had absolute confidence and trust in her. I highly recommend working with them for your wedding (or any other event!), and I’m looking forward to eating our one-year anniversary cake… which she kindly provided for us to keep in our freezer :)

Profile Picture Suzanne, 8/18/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegan

Our wedding Cake from Sweet Peace was AMAZING! When we went for our tasting everyone was so nice and did not rush us - they also helped us narrow down our selections (which was hard because everything we tried was delicious). We ended up going with a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and granny cookie (which had a cinnamon taste to it) and WOW was the cake amazing and beautiful. I cannot even tell you how many guests raved about how good it was - one of my husband's friends even texted him randomly at 2 in the morning (well after the wedding was over) wanting the details about the cake because it was THAT good lol. Wedding cake has such a bad rep - but boy did sweet peace change my mind. Would highly highly recommend!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/2/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

We ordered a bunch of mini cupcakes for our wedding. The cakes were delivered early in the day and then set up by the vendor later that night. The cakes were moist and delicious. The icing was beautiful - we got the rose icing with glitter and pearl decorations and they looked awesome set up for dessert. Would highly recommend booking Allison for cupcakes. She was responsive, professional, and delivered exactly what we asked.

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was AMAZING!!! With their help, we created a custom cake with vanilla, chocolate, and cinnamon layers. I am still getting emails from guests telling me how delicious the cake was. Thank you The Sweet Peace for helping to make our special day that much more incredible!!!

Profile Picture Ellen, 4/30/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We feel so lucky to have found The Sweet Peace bakery to make our wedding cake. The owner, Allison, is one of the nicest people we've met during the whole wedding process. We knew from the moment we sat down with her that this was going to be our wedding cake vendor. She gave us a huge amount of samples to try, plus extras to take home to our parents AND extras for us to try again later to help us make our decision (everything is so delicious that deciding on the filling and cake was no easy task). Allison also worked with us to get as close as possible to our budgeted cost for our cake without compromising what we envisioned. On our big day the cake looked absolutely STUNNING - it was exactly what we asked for and tasted amazing. I am still hearing from people how much they loved it. We can't wait to eat our 1 year anniversary cake - which they throw in for free and bake separately from the cake so that it doesn't sit out during the entire event! One last thing to mention is that her bakery is 100% nut free - no need to worry about anyone's allergies here :) Thanks so much Sweet Peace for making our cake selection process a breeze! We will definitely be back in the future - you guys rocked it!

Profile Picture Irina, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Nut Free, Cake Stands, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

The Sweet Peace Bakery was a pleasure to work with. Allison is so kind, creative, and has an amazing eye for detail. She really took the time to answer all of my questions and helped me design a beautiful and delicious wedding cake. She also created a miniature gluten free and dairy free wedding cake that tasted delicious. She is very conscious of food allergies and is a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture KAITLIN, 8/26/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Our wedding cake was absolutely magnificent. I was a very indecisive bride who didn't necessarily know what type of cake I wanted, and I showed Alli (the owner) a photo of a graffiti cake, and another photo of a sprinkle cake. Then I told her I liked gold metallics. Somehow, she brilliantly combined all three of these ideas into one absolutely gorgeous cake that had three layers of graffiti writing - all words describing us as a couple, and one layer of gold metallic sprinkles! She decorated the entire thing with blush and peach flowers to go with our color scheme of blushes and golds, and the cake was truly the centerpiece of our wedding. Every single guest came up to us and told us how impressed they were by the cake. We also had a groom's cake the evening before that was created to look like a basket of soup dumplings (the groom loves Chinese food), which got tremendous praise at that party as well. The artistry of Sweet Peace is unrivaled, not to mention they are an absolute pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Amy, 7/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Cake Stands, Cakes, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake
2.5

Not all what I was promised. First meeting they were very engaging and friendly. Once hired, it all changed. The wedding cake design did not match what we discussed. The design that I was emailed was elaborate and beautiful.
The day of my reception the cake design looked as if they did not bother. The design was amateur and the monogram looked horrible. I was crushed. This is supposed to be my beautiful wedding cake.
I was incredibly disappointed. My husband and I felt like we had been swindled.
The cake tasted good, but the design was awful, not fit for an elegant wedding.
I would not recommend them to do your wedding cake.
We were surprisingly dissapointed with the end result.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User6435854, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

My fiancé and I met with Allison for our wedding cake tasting and brainstorming ideas for the design. She blew us away! What an amazing personality and you can truly tell she has a passion for what she does. Everything you could ever imagine for a cake tasting is what she gives you and then some! As we were trying to decide which amazing flavors to choose for our cake she started drawing up sketches and basically put my vision on a piece of paper. The final cake was gorgeous and delicious; I can't wait for pictures from my photographer. My guests are still raving about it and asking which Bakery it came from. If you want a bakery that gives great taste AND a beautiful cake to look at she's definitely the one!
Also, we have a nephew with a peanut allergy so it's very reassuring that the sweet peace is peanut and tree nut free!

Profile Picture Rosa, 4/29/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We didn't have a choice in bakery but we couldn't have been happier with the Sweet Peace! We had a crazy idea and I wasn't sure how it was going to over but when we met with Allison she embraced it and so we planned for the the cake to have "a tasteful touch of lego". : ) We showed Allison some pictures and explained what we liked and disliked about each one. She came up with a great design. She even took some of the Lego pieces we had that looked like bakers and incorporated them on the cake.

Some cakes that look too pretty to eat don't taste great. This is so far from what we got from the Sweet Peace. I normally don't eat cake at weddings but I couldn't wait to have a piece of ours! When we went for the tasting we were so overwhelmed by the choices. They were all so delicious. Normal couples probably go on their own to something like this but obviously we're not normal. We went with both of our moms. We cut each little cupcake into 4 bites and it was more than enough. I don't know how just two people could try all the cupcakes; there would have to be leftovers. We had not a crumb left! Allison actually packed us our favorites to go so we could go home and try them again before deciding. We mixed and matched cakes and frostings, with the advice of Allison on what paired well from the favors we liked and ended up with a delicious combination. I can't wait for our one year anniversary when we get to eat our mini-cake! We didn't freeze a layer but a mini-cake! Allison knows that no one really has room in their freezer for a full layer of cake so she bakes the couples a mini-cake! So smart! And since our wedding I learned that my friend's wedding cake was completely fake, except for the layer they cut and the cake that was served was just a sheet cake. Our cake from the Sweet Peace was both beautiful and delicious! I can't wait for another occasion to order another cake!

Profile Picture Christa, 4/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Nut Free

We had our wedding at Bridgeview Yacht Club the first weekend of December. When we had our cake tasting, we visited Sweet Peace with something very specific in mind. Allison was very thoughtful and kind. She listened to everything we wanted, asked questions, and gave helpful suggestions. The cake we received on our wedding day was perfect. Not only did it look exactly like we dreamed, but it was ridiculously delicious!! Amazing job!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 12/4/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Allison and the team at The Sweet Peace are some of the most enthusiastic vendors I've worked with. Allison listens to what you say and truly wants to make a cake that matches your desire.

I live locally to the Sweet Peace and Allison consistently remembers me, asks about my family and the wedding, and is very generous with cupcakes. She even sent us home with a full box when I had to reschedule our tasting day of due to illness.

Our cake was beautiful with an elegant gold dusted lace pattern into the buttercream, and even better -- was delicious! Our guests were delighted with the cinnamon cake and hot toddy filling, perfect for our late November wedding.

My family and I thrilled with Sweet peace, and will continue to use them for special occasions.

(The bakery is nut free)

Profile Picture Katie, 11/21/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our venue purchased our wedding cake from The Sweet Peace so we went there to design the cake and couldn't have been happier! Allison gave us many mini cupcakes to taste in different flavors and combinations which was great. Her guidance on flavor combinations led to our amazing marble wedding cake with fresh strawberries and oreo icing. We couldn't have been happier, and to make matters better, with the design we wanted, we didn't even exceed the budge that we were allotted from our venue, so didn't need to spend any additional money to get exactly what we wanted. We'd definitely suggest this baker and hope to have future events soon that we can purchase cakes for!

Profile Picture User6111511, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Delivery, Private Tastings

Our wedding cake was so gorgeous, I cried. It was better than what I had imagined. The artistry and creativity that went into it was such a masterpiece. Our theme was Christian Romance - Faith, Hope, Love using the colors true purple and silver. We chose chocolate cake with a layer of oreo buttercream and a layer of black forest buttercream. So it not only looked great but tasted AMAZING. In fact, my guests liked the cake so much that my husband and I almost didn't get a slice to take home. Even if they did, Allison gave us an anniversary tier as a bonus to take home so we would still be able to enjoy our delicious cake. The cake tasting was very fun and in addition, we got samples to take home, how great is that! Her cake prices are very reasonable and worth every penny. I'm sure glad I booked Allison to make my wedding cake. Oh what Sweet Peace!

Profile Picture Shayeeda, 10/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Cakes, Cake Stands

Our wedding cake was PERFECT!
Allison and Alex were wonderful! They took the time to look through photos I sent and give us three different drawings to choose from based on the ideas we had.

I have not been to a wedding where guests raved about the cake, until mine! They all thought it was delicious!

I even surprised my husband with a groom's cake. We are runners and Allison was able to replicate his sneaker. It was outstanding!

You are in very good hands when you work with Sweet Peace!

Profile Picture Tara, 8/15/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Nut Free

I am so happy we found The Sweet Peace! Not only was our wedding cake beautiful and delicious, but the bakery is nut free. As someone who has had food allergies her whole life, it means a lot to find a place that really understands and cares about accommodating food allergies. Everything they make there is so delicious - our guests couldn’t stop talking about how great the cake was! I would highly recommend The Sweet Peace for occasion cakes - whether you have food allergies or you just want a great, delicious cake!

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/9/15, 9 Reviews