The Sweet Peace Reviews

61 The Sweet Peace Reviews
  • Natalie

Natalie Loizzo · Married on 11/09/2018

Cake is to die for!

Allison is such a great person to work with. Her incredible talent and personable character was the perfect recipe (no pun intended haha) for the perfect cake. The variety of flavors were amazing and our tasting was a blast. It looked beautiful and tasted amazing. So many people went out of their way to tell me how wonderful it was!

Heather · Married on 11/02/2018

Truly Amazing!

Allison is truly one of a kind. My wife and I waited until the very last minute to order a cake, and Allison walked us through each step! She is a very warm and welcoming person, and she completely understood what we wanted- and was able to exactly replicate a single picture of a cake we loved. It was truly flawless. And don’t even get me started on how delicious the cake was!! Our guests were raving about it the next day.
    If you need to find a baker, I assure you that you shouldn’t even waste your time looking elsewhere. Allison and her team are incredibly talented and very responsive to all of your questions and concerns, barely any time passes before she responds to your email!
    Allison gave us what we wanted and helped us stay within budget, while giving us wonderful advice on which size cake we should get for our guests. Also, she gives you a mini version of your cake so you and your spouse can have it within a week of the wedding, or on your anniversary!
    We love Allison and are so appreciative we found her!

Susan · Married on 09/14/2018

Amazing! We got our cake through our vendor and worked with Alison to create the cake of our dreams! I sent Alison an idea and she nailed it. Not to mention, the cake was DELICIOUS and our guests are still raving about it. She is such a sweetheart and was a pleasure to work with!

The Sweet Peace 1

Meghan · Married on 06/30/2018

Allison and her team at The Sweet Peace were incredible! She was the cake vendor through our venue and boy did we luck out! From my first interaction with her, she was fantastic and super accommodating. We had a great experience during our tasting and the cake was gorgeous and super delicious! Her creativity with our flavors was amazing and the decor was simply elegant and EXACTLY what I wanted. Make Allison your last stop, it will be worth it!

The Sweet Peace 2

Michael · Married on 06/30/2018

Allison was so kind and helpful in aiding us in selecting our wedding cake. The cake was gorgeous, and the best compliment that I can give is that people that don't even enjoy cake absolutely loved and devoured our wedding cake. Thank you again!

Ann · Married on 05/12/2018

The Sweet Peace made our daughter's First Communion cake this weekend and we were so delighted that I wanted to RAVE about them and share our joy!! Allison truly created an AMAZING piece of art that all of our guests absolutely RAVED about! We have been coming to Allison for many years - as we live locally to her store - and this time she truly went ABOVE & BEYOND with her detail and artistry. We will all remember this cake for YEARS TO COME!!!

The Sweet Peace 3
    The Sweet Peace 4

Jennifer · Married on 04/13/2018

My husband and I were lucky our Aunt and Uncle wanted to gift us our wedding cake from their favorite bakery. Allison was a gem from the moment we met her at our tasting. It was such a fun experience and I’m so grateful my aunt did this for us.

Let’s not even start on the gorgeous art Allison creates in edible form or the DELICIOUSNESS that leave all your guests baffled! This is not your average wedding cake. This is a cake that will NOT go to waste. Absolutely delicious!!!! We’ve received endless compliments. Thanks to the Sweet Peace and my aunt and uncle!!!

The Sweet Peace 5

Brittany · Married on 12/29/2017

We can’t say enough about how great working with Allison has been! Allison recently created our wedding cake. Allison’s work is truly amazing, guests can’t stop raving about how gorgeous our cake looked! Allison worked with us to create the look we wanted and came up with the most perfect design. Not only did it look amazing, but it tasted fantastic too. Since my wife and I are vegans, we were excited to have vegan cupcakes for ourselves while our guests enjoyed a typical cake at the end of the night. We highly recommend Allison for an eye-catching, delicious wedding cake!

The Sweet Peace 6
    The Sweet Peace 7

Amanda · Married on 12/22/2017

My husband and I are not big on cake at all. In fact we actually tried to negotiate not having one but then we went to The Sweet Peace and met with Allison for our tasting. Her bakery can accommodate pretty much every food allergy and restriction you could have (I am dairy free) and it all still tastes incredible! We didn't want a typical white wedding cake and after consulting with Allison and her showing us a few designs she helped us come up with something that was not only beautiful but very delish! Since I didn't want the entire cake to be dairy free, Allison accommodated my individual needs with a dairy free cupcake! Our guests also couldn't believe how delicious the actual cake was! We also had a fun tasting to try the different flavors of cake and frosting. Allison can really do anything you want! After raving about her after the tasting, my mom and sister went to her for the cupcakes for my bridal shower which was a great surprise! I'll definitely be working with her again in the future :)

Brittany · Married on 11/24/2017

Allison is the BOMB DOT COM. Our wedding cake is literally the talk of the century. All of our guests have been raving about how DELISH our cake was. We had the cinnamon with oreo buttercream cake... To. Die. For. I absolutely loved the fact that Allison makes a separate cake for us to enjoy for our year anniversary, instead of the one that sits out all day at the wedding. I cannot wait to use Allison again for more events to come!

The Sweet Peace 8

Eva · Married on 11/04/2017

Allyson really cared about us and our event. The cake was beautiful and really delicious. She has a loyal following. Can’t wait for another occasion to use her services

Cindy · Married on 10/28/2017

I loved working with Alison on my wedding cake and could not have imagined how beautiful and delicious my cake was.
    To quote most of my guests "this was the best wedding cake I ever had!!!!!"
    As if her cake wasn't enough, Alison also includes a miniature wedding cake to freeze until your first anniversary!

Seline · Married on 10/08/2017

Our wedding cake was a big hit. Everyone loved it. Alison made us a cake with a fantastic combination of flavors. Loves it!!!

The Sweet Peace 9
  • OnTheWayToMrsA

Suzanne · Married on 08/18/2017

Allison at The Sweet Peace bakery was a true joy to work with. There were so many times that I’d end up speaking on the phone with her for a half hour... only to realize we hadn’t even discussed the wedding cake! She truly became a friend to me during this process, which made it that much more fun to design our wedding cake together. Allison was very helpful in every aspect of choosing a cake: from giving us a second tasting when we requested different flavors (the first set was equally delicious, we just had something very specific in mind), to sending emails at all hours of the day with her beautiful and thoughtful sketches, and going through Pinterest and Etsy with us when trying to create the perfect design (Harry Potter inspired) and finding a cake topper to coordinate. She even stayed late multiple times when I was racing over from work, and called me on her days off with great ideas she had! Not only did the finished product look incredible, it was the most DELICIOUS cake I’ve ever had: lemon cake with raspberry filling and raspberry buttercream. We heard so many great things about the cake all night, and even days later when I posted a photo online and people started raving about it all over again. One more point to mention is that Allison is SO truly down-to-earth, she made us feel very comfortable during the whole process and we had absolute confidence and trust in her. I highly recommend working with them for your wedding (or any other event!), and I’m looking forward to eating our one-year anniversary cake… which she kindly provided for us to keep in our freezer :)

Nicole · Married on 07/02/2017

Our wedding Cake from Sweet Peace was AMAZING! When we went for our tasting everyone was so nice and did not rush us - they also helped us narrow down our selections (which was hard because everything we tried was delicious). We ended up going with a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and granny cookie (which had a cinnamon taste to it) and WOW was the cake amazing and beautiful. I cannot even tell you how many guests raved about how good it was - one of my husband's friends even texted him randomly at 2 in the morning (well after the wedding was over) wanting the details about the cake because it was THAT good lol. Wedding cake has such a bad rep - but boy did sweet peace change my mind. Would highly highly recommend!

• User5201619 · 1+ year ago

We ordered a bunch of mini cupcakes for our wedding. The cakes were delivered early in the day and then set up by the vendor later that night. The cakes were moist and delicious. The icing was beautiful - we got the rose icing with glitter and pearl decorations and they looked awesome set up for dessert. Would highly recommend booking Allison for cupcakes. She was responsive, professional, and delivered exactly what we asked.

Ellen · Married on 04/30/2017

Our wedding cake was AMAZING!!! With their help, we created a custom cake with vanilla, chocolate, and cinnamon layers. I am still getting emails from guests telling me how delicious the cake was. Thank you The Sweet Peace for helping to make our special day that much more incredible!!!

• I

Irina · Married on 09/24/2016

We feel so lucky to have found The Sweet Peace bakery to make our wedding cake. The owner, Allison, is one of the nicest people we've met during the whole wedding process. We knew from the moment we sat down with her that this was going to be our wedding cake vendor. She gave us a huge amount of samples to try, plus extras to take home to our parents AND extras for us to try again later to help us make our decision (everything is so delicious that deciding on the filling and cake was no easy task). Allison also worked with us to get as close as possible to our budgeted cost for our cake without compromising what we envisioned. On our big day the cake looked absolutely STUNNING - it was exactly what we asked for and tasted amazing. I am still hearing from people how much they loved it. We can't wait to eat our 1 year anniversary cake - which they throw in for free and bake separately from the cake so that it doesn't sit out during the entire event! One last thing to mention is that her bakery is 100% nut free - no need to worry about anyone's allergies here :) Thanks so much Sweet Peace for making our cake selection process a breeze! We will definitely be back in the future - you guys rocked it!

KAITLIN · Married on 08/26/2016

The Sweet Peace Bakery was a pleasure to work with. Allison is so kind, creative, and has an amazing eye for detail. She really took the time to answer all of my questions and helped me design a beautiful and delicious wedding cake. She also created a miniature gluten free and dairy free wedding cake that tasted delicious. She is very conscious of food allergies and is a pleasure to work with.

Amy · Married on 07/09/2016

Our wedding cake was absolutely magnificent. I was a very indecisive bride who didn't necessarily know what type of cake I wanted, and I showed Alli (the owner) a photo of a graffiti cake, and another photo of a sprinkle cake. Then I told her I liked gold metallics. Somehow, she brilliantly combined all three of these ideas into one absolutely gorgeous cake that had three layers of graffiti writing - all words describing us as a couple, and one layer of gold metallic sprinkles! She decorated the entire thing with blush and peach flowers to go with our color scheme of blushes and golds, and the cake was truly the centerpiece of our wedding. Every single guest came up to us and told us how impressed they were by the cake. We also had a groom's cake the evening before that was created to look like a basket of soup dumplings (the groom loves Chinese food), which got tremendous praise at that party as well. The artistry of Sweet Peace is unrivaled, not to mention they are an absolute pleasure to work with!

• MandR2016

Rosa · Married on 04/29/2016

My fiancé and I met with Allison for our wedding cake tasting and brainstorming ideas for the design. She blew us away! What an amazing personality and you can truly tell she has a passion for what she does. Everything you could ever imagine for a cake tasting is what she gives you and then some! As we were trying to decide which amazing flavors to choose for our cake she started drawing up sketches and basically put my vision on a piece of paper. The final cake was gorgeous and delicious; I can't wait for pictures from my photographer. My guests are still raving about it and asking which Bakery it came from. If you want a bakery that gives great taste AND a beautiful cake to look at she's definitely the one!
    Also, we have a nephew with a peanut allergy so it's very reassuring that the sweet peace is peanut and tree nut free!

Christa · Married on 04/09/2016

We didn't have a choice in bakery but we couldn't have been happier with the Sweet Peace! We had a crazy idea and I wasn't sure how it was going to over but when we met with Allison she embraced it and so we planned for the the cake to have "a tasteful touch of lego". : ) We showed Allison some pictures and explained what we liked and disliked about each one. She came up with a great design. She even took some of the Lego pieces we had that looked like bakers and incorporated them on the cake.

Some cakes that look too pretty to eat don't taste great. This is so far from what we got from the Sweet Peace. I normally don't eat cake at weddings but I couldn't wait to have a piece of ours! When we went for the tasting we were so overwhelmed by the choices. They were all so delicious. Normal couples probably go on their own to something like this but obviously we're not normal. We went with both of our moms. We cut each little cupcake into 4 bites and it was more than enough. I don't know how just two people could try all the cupcakes; there would have to be leftovers. We had not a crumb left! Allison actually packed us our favorites to go so we could go home and try them again before deciding. We mixed and matched cakes and frostings, with the advice of Allison on what paired well from the favors we liked and ended up with a delicious combination. I can't wait for our one year anniversary when we get to eat our mini-cake! We didn't freeze a layer but a mini-cake! Allison knows that no one really has room in their freezer for a full layer of cake so she bakes the couples a mini-cake! So smart! And since our wedding I learned that my friend's wedding cake was completely fake, except for the layer they cut and the cake that was served was just a sheet cake. Our cake from the Sweet Peace was both beautiful and delicious! I can't wait for another occasion to order another cake!

Nicole · Married on 12/04/2015

We had our wedding at Bridgeview Yacht Club the first weekend of December. When we had our cake tasting, we visited Sweet Peace with something very specific in mind. Allison was very thoughtful and kind. She listened to everything we wanted, asked questions, and gave helpful suggestions. The cake we received on our wedding day was perfect. Not only did it look exactly like we dreamed, but it was ridiculously delicious!! Amazing job!!!

Allison and the team at The Sweet Peace are some of the most enthusiastic vendors I've worked with. Allison listens to what you say and truly wants to make a cake that matches your desire.

I live locally to the Sweet Peace and Allison consistently remembers me, asks about my family and the wedding, and is very generous with cupcakes. She even sent us home with a full box when I had to reschedule our tasting day of due to illness.

Our cake was beautiful with an elegant gold dusted lace pattern into the buttercream, and even better -- was delicious! Our guests were delighted with the cinnamon cake and hot toddy filling, perfect for our late November wedding.

My family and I thrilled with Sweet peace, and will continue to use them for special occasions.

(The bakery is nut free)

Tara · Married on 08/15/2015

Our wedding cake was PERFECT!
    Allison and Alex were wonderful! They took the time to look through photos I sent and give us three different drawings to choose from based on the ideas we had.

I have not been to a wedding where guests raved about the cake, until mine! They all thought it was delicious!

I even surprised my husband with a groom's cake. We are runners and Allison was able to replicate his sneaker. It was outstanding!

You are in very good hands when you work with Sweet Peace!