25 Reviews for The Sutherland

Signature Drink (2)
Specialty Beer (2)
Indoor (1)
25 The Sutherland Reviews

Christy was my wedding planner at the Sutherland. She is very timely, helps whenever help is needed, and makes sure that everything that needs to be done to ensure a carefree time at your wedding!

Profile Picture Caitlin , 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have asked for a better place to have my daughter's wedding. Christy was amazing to work with. She not only helped with the day of planning but carried it out to a tee. The Sutherland was beautiful and their staff did a great job.

Profile Picture Jaconna, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the second we stepped foot on The Sutherland property during our tour a year ago, we knew it was everything we wanted for our wedding. We had always envisioned a wedding that embraced a sense of history and nature, and that's The Sutherland. From the minute that Donna opened the door to the porch out to the walled garden, letting us know that would be the entrance to the ceremony, we knew that it was the place for us. It is such a grand entrance for a bride, the big moment that I was looking for.
The house is stunning and the grounds are incredible - so much so that very little decor is needed to bring out the natural beauty. We had our ceremony in the walled garden, cocktail hour on the terrace, and reception in the pavillion. Each location has its own unique feel, but all with that southern chic that we were looking for.
Getting ready at The Sutherland is an amazing experience! The brides suite is beautiful! It is such a comfortable and elegant setting, it looks great in photos and makes you feel so classy. My husband enjoyed getting ready in the settlers house - he and his groomsmen liked the masculine decor and felt right at home sipping their bourbon while waiting for the girls to finally be ready.
Finally, one of the best things about The Sutherland is their incredible staff - specifically Donna. We don't live in the area, and planning a wedding from out of state adds a new level of stress - but Donna helped ease that stress immensely. From the time we booked until after the wedding - Donna took the time to keep in touch with us, checking on our planning, offering guidance, and assuring us that everything would be perfect. Our wedding day was everything we had ever dreamed of, and it would have not been that way without her hard work.

Profile Picture Lisa, 5/22/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer

I love the Sutherland! It was the absolute perfect venue to get married and we got the most beautiful wedding pictures with the house and pavilion as a backdrop. We planned to get married in the garden but it poured down rain on our wedding day. They seamlessly moved the ceremony to the pavilion and it turned out amazing. I think it was even more perfect for us than Plan A, so I am unbelievably happy with the work The Sutherland's team can do. Ashlee answered all of my wedding questions, helped set up meetings with other vendors, had meetings with me and my husband to tell us what to work on next, etc. And they just take care of everything for you so you don't have to think about timeline and all the minor details and logistics that would be so hard to figure out yourself. AND, to top it off, we just opened our gifts and found two Sutherland wine glasses and a bottle of Chardonnay from our wedding. Already enjoyed that :) LOVE The Sutherland and I would recommend to any and every bride. Oh and our guests had the best time!

Profile Picture Whitney, 4/22/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Parking, Chairs, Tables, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Covered Outdoor

I'm so glad I chose to have my wedding at the Sutherland! Donna was fantastic and helped me every step of the way. The entire process was as stress-free as possible, and the day of went smoothly! So thankful for this beautiful venue and their exceptional team.

Profile Picture Katie, 4/16/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our planner/coordinator at The Sutherland was Donna Burnette. In one word....PERFECT! The venue speaks for itsel....beautiful mansion,gardens, pavilion,etc. but the best is Donna and her staff. She was so very kind, professional, polite, CALMING,and responsive to our every need. Her staff the day of the wedding were equally as great! We could not have pulled off such a beautiful day without her help. We were truly blessed to have found Donna and The Sutherland!

Profile Picture Stacy, 7/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Ashlee takes all the stress out of wedding planning! AWESOME doesn't even begin to describe her! Every worry, every dream, she took care of and made it happen. She alone is worth having tour wedding here... But the house and grounds are magical! And the bridal suite is the perfect place to spend the day getting ready :)

Profile Picture Destiny, 6/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Getting married at the Sutherland was a dream come true! The classic and historic white house was breath taking! The grounds were bright green and well kept with adorable brick pathways and lantern post lights. Everything about the Sutherland was charming!

We kept getting compliments all night long on how beautiful it was. Also, they just built a nice pavilion on the property. It was a great place to party the night away after such a lovely ceremony in the Sutherland's garden. I would recommend this venue to anyone! I absolutely loved it!

Profile Picture Sam, 6/21/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Sutherland is a dream wedding venue. The staff is friendly, helpful, polite, flexible. Our wedding day ran smoothly thanks to Ashlee's awesome ability to coordinate, manage, and oversee every detail.

Profile Picture Anna, 6/7/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding here was truly a dream. Everything was effortless. Ashlee is a joy to work with. HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE. It is incredible.

Profile Picture Jayme, 6/1/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thank you Sutherland staff for a perfect wedding day!!

Profile Picture User3341851, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow, where do I begin?? The Sutherland is an absolutely amazing place!!! Not only was the venue amazing but the staff is perfect!!!

From day one (over 18 months ago), Ashlee Adams and her staff have been extremely helpful! Ashlee was constantly on top of everything and keeping me organized without stressing me out. She did so much for me!! If I emailed Ashlee I ALWAYS received an immediate email or call back (no matter how silly my question was).

Some brides stress out about things being hectic or unorganized on the rehearsal day or even the day of the wedding BUT this is not the case at the Sutherland. Everything went so incredibly smooth I did not have to worry about a thing. Ashlee and her staff stayed on schedule with everything and were extremely calm/helpful during the wedding. At the end of the night, our bags were packed and placed in our getaway car for us and we did not have to worry about a thing. Also, we got a to-go bag of some of the food/cake we were unable to eat. Not only were our bags packed but the staff packed my parents car as well. I cannot describe how little things like this meant to us the night of the wedding. We were able to truly enjoy every minute of the wedding with no stress at all.

I knew the moment I stepped into the Sutherland that it was going to be an amazing venue but it far exceeded my original feeling. The Sutherland is a very beautiful, clean, and well taken care of venue. Thanks to the Sutherland I have a million wonderful memories of my wedding!!!

Thank you so much Ashlee and staff!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/4/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I selected The Sutherland even before it was officially open because of it's beautiful and historic southern charm. I worked with Jennifer Jones, one of the partners directly through most of the process. Although I handled most of the details myself, she treated me much like a "girlfriend", making sure that all the hours I'd spent in planning came to life. On our wedding day, we didn't have to worry that things were getting done - they took care of it all.

I would recommend The Sutherland to any bride that wants that southern elegance feel to their wedding without an overwhelming price tag. I believe it was worth every penny.

Ashley and Jeremy Sisk

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/17/09, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thanks to Ashlee Adams and her team at The Sutherland, we had our dream wedding. The estate offers several ceremony and reception site options for large weddings and for smaller, more intimate affairs. With beautiful oak trees, a formal walled garden, and of course the gorgeous historic home, the event space is straight out of a magazine.

The Sutherland staff was there every step of the way to answer questions and offer suggestions. We received extremely professional and individualized service; and by the wedding day, we considered them to be our friends. The Sutherland offers a wonderful list of preferred vendors to choose from to fit any couple's needs.

Their flexibility, attention to detail, and quick response times made the planning process smooth and fun. With Ashlee's help, we didn't need to hire a separate wedding planner, and she saved us lots of time and money there.

On our wedding day, Ashlee and Jennifer took care of all the details and then some. They flawlessly executed our backup plan when it rained, and we received more compliments on the intimacy of the event because of it. They provided a beautiful bridal suite for the ladies and the rustic Settler's House, perfect for the groomsmen, all complete with refreshments.

The actual wedding took place without a hitch - at least that we knew of :) Ashlee even made sure that my groom and I had a cocktail in hand and anything else we could have asked for.

We hope to work with The Sutherland again in the future (for anniversaries, holiday parties, etc) and recommend them full-heartedly!!!

Profile Picture Delia, 9/26/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot emphasize enough how The Sutherland is the perfect wedding venue. The price is more than reasonable considering the historic beauty, value added and top notch wedding planners.

I primarily worked with Ashlee Adams, one of the owners. She was incredibly plesant and made sure that my husband and I were given the royal treatment.

My only regret is that planning a wedding is a once in a lifetime occassion (for most) so I'm not sure if I'll have the good fortune of working with Ashlee in the future. She is truly a tenacioius and genuine person. You cannot go wrong with booking this venue.

Sean and I opted to have our wedding on a Friday which saved us $1,000 but it went off without a hitch. In fact, our out of town guests were pleased that they had a few weekend days to sight see.

The Sutherland has a full service kitchen for catering (which you will need to procure) and has the most lush grounds. Your pictures will be fantastic. Ashlee also works closely with some of the best vendors in the industry. When I say best, I don't mean most expensive.

We were in very good hands. I STRONGLY recommend the Sutherland.

Jenn & Sean Bollen
Seattle, WA
09/25/09

Profile Picture Jennifer , 9/25/09, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

I can't say anythung bad about my experience from the planning to the rehersal to the wedding day.

Profile Picture Latasha, 7/11/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Sutherland was FLAWLESS. We had a better wedding than I could have imagined. The service was amazing. Donna, or wedding coordinator, saved the day time and time again. The grounds are gorgeous - like a Southern fairy tale. We are so grateful for the wedding we were able to have.

Profile Picture User6705462, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Covered Outdoor, Parking, Chairs, Tables, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up

Ashlee and staff at The Sutherland were AMAZING! They all came together to make it truly the perfect, fairytale wedding for us! We looked at a ton of other venues before our appointment at The Sutherland, but as soon as we got there, we knew it was the perfect place! Ashlee met me with us numerous times to go over details, plans, questions, vendors, etc. She made the process so much easier and more coordinated for us! The day of coordination she provided took SO much stress off me, and made all the difference in how everything flowed. The venue is beautiful, and has so many different options for each part of a wedding day. We had so many compliments on the venue itself, and how smoothly and efficiently everything was done. All our guests had a great time, and loved the staff there. We couldn't have been happier with our choice, and hope to have a reason to go back ASAP! Thank you to everyone involved!

Profile Picture Laura, 12/12/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Event Planning, Event Rentals

Ashlee was great to work with, and the venue is perfect for a classic southern inspired wedding.

Profile Picture Amy, 8/9/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is amazing! The entire property is absolutely breathtaking. It rained on our wedding day (August 1st, 2014), but it wasn't a problem thanks to the 9,000 square foot pavilion they built this past winter. Everyone stayed dry and had a great time. My husband and I have had ENDLESS compliments about how perfect the wedding was.

Ashlee, the wedding coordinator at the Sutherland, was great to work with. She is ready and willing to make everything you envision a reality on your big day! It did get slightly hard to get in touch with someone quickly at the venue when wedding season was in full swing, but all of my questions and concerns were always answered.

All of the employees at the Sutherland were amazingly hard workers on our wedding day. They treated my husband and me like royalty. They set up everything on the day of the wedding (EXACTLY how I asked), which was awesome to not have to worry about things getting done properly. They packed our getaway car with our belongings for night of the wedding. Everything was also torn down and neatly set up for us to pick up the next day.

I would HIGHLY recommend this wedding venue! It was a completely PERFECT event (even better than I had envisioned)!

Profile Picture Katheryn, 8/1/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Sutherland responded to our every need and concern immediately. They arranged the wedding of our dreams, and everyone who attended said it was a truly elegant affair!

Profile Picture User3695106, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
4.7

My wife and I completely fell in love with The Sutherland from the moment we saw this venue. It didn't disappoint our wedding guests either as countless individuals came up and just said how much the space made the event perfect. Having your ceremony and reception at the same place couldn't have worked out better with their setup and the wedding party just loved using the house throughout the weekend. We had a ton of guests coming in from California and The Sutherland couldn't have made a better impression on the true southern charm we were going for. Thanks again to Jennifer, Gayle, and Ashlee.

Profile Picture Ray, 6/23/12, 5 Reviews
3.3

I will start by saying that I love the Sutherland and I would not have had my wedding anywhere else. It was the perfect backdrop for our wedding day and the Pavilion is a wonderful addition! The downside is the responsiveness of the staff. If you are easily stressed or have a type-A personality, be mindful that you may not get quick answers to your questions or updates (we once waited a month for an answer to an email). Everything turned out wonderful but we had to do more of the planning and checking-in than was originally told to us.

Profile Picture Whitney, 9/20/14, 8 Reviews
2.8

The Sutherland is a beautiful place for a wedding. The new pavilion is stunning and the preferred vendors are flawless. It is a dream venue for any bride looking for a unique outdoor space. I wouldn't have traded it for anything!

A word of advice on communication: Ashlee is not the best at responding to emails. If you are looking for someone to partner with you, this may not be your venue. You can expect to have lots of unanswered questions leading up to your big day. Although things work out, having good communication upfront would have been helpful!

View Vendor Response