Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

30 Reviews for The Still Life Photography

Second Shooter (2)
Prints (2)
Albums (1)
30 The Still Life Photography Reviews

Nicole was such a dream to work with! She is polite and professional, and is great at taking charge and getting a large group to focus on a photo! That was quite the challenge at our wedding with our crazy families, but Nicole handled it like a champion. Her photos are absolutely gorgeous, and she even texted me some sneak peeks the night of the wedding! She is fast, efficient, talented, and everything that you could want in a wedding photographer. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Hannah, 5/26/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

Nicole was great to work with! She was very accommodating and was willing to offer gtrwt tips to make our winter wedding unforgettable. She was easy to work with and was great when we needed to change plans last minute at our wedding! So thankful for her!

Profile Picture Nicole, 12/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We booked The Still Life Photography for engagement pictures as preparation for our wedding. Nicole was very responsive and always confirmed appointments. The pictures turned out great and she had a great turn around time. She sent a sample of our pictures a few days after the shoot so we got a preview. The entire collection was sent about a week later. She communicated her progress well and kept us up to date on the timeline. We'll be using her for our wedding.

Profile Picture Mira, 11/19/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot

I would give Nicole a million stars if I could. I was 100% impressed with her from the get-go. As I somewhat nervous bride, she totally calmed my fears and had answers for all of my many MANY questions.

From the start, her upbeat personality really struck a chord with me. She knows how to make photos fun, keep things moving (even with our large LOUD party) and the results were unbeatable. Her creativity is limitless and her enthusiasm is contagious.

I truly cherish our wedding photos. We were in the security line at the airport en route to our honeymoon when she sent me our blog post. The photos were so moving, I burst into uncontrollable tears. Nicole knows how to tell a story with imagery and she captured our personalities as if she'd known us our entire lives.

I would recommend The Still Life Photography without hesitation to anyone. Nicole really is the best.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, One Event/Day, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

My husband and I had a great shoot with Nicole. We found The Still Life Photography on Thumbtack. Nicole contacted me right away with a very reasonable quote for our wedding photography. Unfortunately, due to reasons unrelated to the The Still Life Photography, we were unable to book for our wedding. However, we decided to go with engagement photography. It was a super cold and windy day, but we did not feel rushed at all. Nicole was efficient and very meticulous in taking some unique shots. We LOVED the way all of our photos turned out. During this whole process, Nicole offered us great customer service, she was friendly, and also very accommodating. When the time comes, we definitely plan to keep her in mind for our pregnancy and baby photoshoots ;-) We highly recommend this service!

Profile Picture Obidike, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Digital Files

I would jump at any opportunity to work with Nicole. Her work is fantastic and she has a great attitude. She did my engagement photos, and I cannot wait to have her document my wedding day in a few months.

Profile Picture Kaity, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We hired The Still Life to take photos for both our wedding ceremony and reception. Nicole was incredible. She arrived early, and the minute that she arrived she was non-stop taking advantage of every single photo opportunity, getting shots that I would have never thought of. Her attention to detail was awesome- She knew what photos to take, she was attentive, and kept the whole process as stress-free as possible (even when taking the family photos!), she definitely put me (the bride) at ease! She even let us know when her booked time was almost up so that we could get any last photos that we wanted. She really went above and beyond, we couldn't have asked for a better photographer!

A few days later she put up a sneak peak of our photos, and we absolutely love every single one. Nicole really has an eye for for capturing things beautifully in both candid and posed shots. I cannot wait to see the rest! I highly recommend The Still Life and I will be hiring them again for any photography needs!

Profile Picture Shaina, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: One Event/Day, Digital Files, Proofs

From the moment we met Nicole and discussed our vision for our wedding pictures, we knew the Still Life was the right fit for us. Nicole kept the right amount of communication and always responded quickly to our questions or concerns. She was amenable to changes in her hours at the last minute. On the day of the wedding, she was very professional, helpful, direct, and in good spirits at all times. On the wedding day, Nicole would show us awesome pictures she took and had already posted on instagram!! Those pics were so great, we couldn't wait to see the rest of them! The pictures and the gallery were delivered in the time they were promised. We have beautiful pictures from our wedding day that we will treasure forever. Even after the wedding, and as she is probably busy with other weddings, she always finds the time to respond to us quickly when we have questions. We will definitely reach out to Still Life for future photographic needs.

Profile Picture Alma & Emir, 9/17/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

I have only worked with Nicole for my engagement session so far, but Jay and Nicole are both going to be shooting my wedding in sept. My engagement session was so fun and Nicole made us feel so at ease. The pictures turned out very clear and she had a lot of great ideas. We are looking forward to working with her for our upcoming wedding!

Profile Picture Cassandra, 9/16/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

I cannot say enough good things about Nicole! She is amazing. She was hired to photograph our small elopement ceremony in Lake Forest, IL.

Pre Wedding: Nicole was easy to contact. Got back to me right away and answered any questions I had. She also remained very flexible and supportive when changes came up. I was from out of town and she even updated me on the weather in the city! She has a lot of experience so she was able to help me make sure I had everything I needed and offered helpful suggestions.

Wedding: Nicole arrived on time, was very supportive and ready to shoot! She wasted no time getting started. She was very helpful with putting us in the correct poses and finding beautiful spaces to get the right shot! She was also really great at getting my family together and making sure I had all the picture combinations I wanted! She really pays attention to what YOU want. She remembered everything we discussed before about the type of pictures I wanted. It feels like its your wedding and not the wedding someone else wants you to have. She really knows what she's doing and is super sweet!

Post Wedding: Nicole was always in touch keeping me updated on the status of the pictures. She was very clear on when we could expect our pictures and even offered us a very nice preview on her blog:)

Summary: If you hire Nicole for ANY photography session you will not be disappointed. I cannot say enough about how she made the wedding experience so much easier for me. There is a lot going on the day of and it felt great knowing I didn't have to worry about the pictures! I felt like I have known her a lifetime. She got along with everyone and they all LOVED her. She had everything covered and the pictures were the most beautiful I have ever seen and the quality is amazing! Thank you so much Nicole! James and I forever appreciate you!

Profile Picture Kayla, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

I found Nicole through Thumbtack while looking for a wedding photographer. I was impressed with her pricing and previous work I'd seen. She was able to meet me in person within a week. It took me all of 10 minutes to decide to hire her - she is super friendly, flexible, and very passionate about photography. She kept in touch with me throughout the wedding planning process, showed up early the day of the wedding, and had tons of great ideas for photos. She also sent me pictures throughout the day to give me a preview of her favorite photos, and she had a blog of photos posted within a couple of days. Also, she made sure my husband and I stuck to our timeline for the reception and captured photos of everything. I just received all of my wedding photos a couple of days ago and am in love with them! She did a fantastic job of capturing the day. I'd recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/13/16, 1 Review
0.6

We had The Still Life Photography booked for our wedding and the owner Jay called an hour before he was supposed to show up and said that we wasn't going to make it because he had "the flu". We understand things happen and people get sick, but an hours notice and no replacement option for the contracted time was completely disrespectful/disappointing. This is one of the most unprofessional business experiences I have ever encountered. For anyone who wants a dependable photographer for a very special occasion, then I would highly recommend looking elsewhere as we were able to book a new photographer last minute that ended up saving my brides day and producing even higher quality photos.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User7063441, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Nicole was a great photographer to work with. She made the entire process of hiring a photographer easy and was very flexible and accommodating to our needs and request. She provided photography services for our engagement shoot as well as our wedding. The Still Life Photography and Nicole did an excellent job. We would recommend using this business if you need a wonderful, personable, reliable and great photographer. Laura and Natalie

Profile Picture Laura, 7/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Nicole is THE BEST! From the minute we met her for our engagement photos (which I was a little reluctant about doing!) she instantly made us feel comfortable. I am not the type of person who likes a lot of attention on me, but I instantly felt like she was just a friend we were hanging out with and I felt so at ease. The engagement photos were done so quickly and they were amazing - we got so many compliments! Fast forward to the wedding - one word: unbelievable. I can't even describe it any other way. It was ridiculously hot the day of the wedding, but Nicole did an amazing job. Everyone was ready earlier than we anticipated, so we were able to do photos outside for a few minutes then go inside for a break. We never felt rushed. Every photo she took - from the first look to the end of the reception - is perfect. The pictures truly show how fun of a wedding we had and captured all of the best moments. I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Profile Picture Tracey, 7/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jay was so awesome to work with for my fiance's and my wedding photography! He went above and beyond the expected level of service to walk us through everything every step of the process with patience, poise, and extremely quick turnaround! There was never moment where you wondered where he was! :) It was great to work with a guy who has a true passion for his profession, is tirelessly trying to deepen his artform, and is a genuine entrepreneur! He was very accommodating and took gorgeous pictures at our special day at an amazing price point, making us feel like the king and queen of the day yet at a wonderful value to us! He is a super cool and unfazed guy and definitely exceeded my and my fiance's expectation of quality. I can unreservedly recommend him to you, will continue to recommend him to our friends, and have already given his name to a contact of mine who works in a church for future wedding gigs.

Profile Picture paige, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Nicole was such a pleasure! She was organized, professional and she helped me understand the vision for the day! I hate getting my picture taken and she made us feel so at ease! Love love love her!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We are incredibly happy we chose The Still Life for our wedding. Nicole was responsive and listened to what sort of photos we desired. And the prices were far more reasonable than other photographers we had contacted. Definitely recommend The Still Life to anyone looking to hire a photographer.

Profile Picture Tracy, 6/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The still life photo was fantastic. We booked Nicole for our June wedding without even meeting her but by just looking at her profile since we live in Milwaukee. She definitely lived up to her online profile. She was fantastic and super easy to work with. She went with the flow of the day and helped out to make our wedding day perfect. She was nice and friendly and took some amazing posed shots and candid shots!The pictures turned out beautiful....every time we look at them we remember how fantastic and perfect our day was!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can't believe how lucky I got finding the still life on an online Search. Nicole was so attentive from beginning to end. She and her husband made sure to arrive in NYC from Chicago two days prior to the wedding to avoid any hiccups. They made sure to communicate when they were in town to ease some of my pre wedding jitters. The day of the wedding Nicole and Jay did an amazing job. They made sure to take plenty of photos and were prompt about setting up a blog within a week so my husband and I could have a preview. My photos came a week after. We were so happy with our photos! We can't wait for our next big event to book TSL.

Profile Picture Corliss, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If I could give more stars I would in a second! Jay and Nicole we're so unbelievably amazing at my wedding. They captured every moment so perfectly. They got some shots that I didn't even notice were happening, they were like ninjas! They were hidden and captured everh amazing moment during the ceremony and special moments between us. When anyone needed their attention they were right there 100% attentive to us and every guest. I can't express how happy I am with and them and the photos I got back from them were breathtaking. Thank you so much guys and I will absolutely recommend them to EVERYONE for any type of photography!
Thanks again!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

she did a great job with the photos, did beautiful background scenery affordable price. As well as a great attitude with professionalism. great to work with.

Profile Picture User7067050, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our April wedding was snowed out unfortunately but our photographers Nicole and Jay were on top of it by offering to reschedule our pictures for another day. So come June, we got a beautiful day to work with Jay and Nicole. They are the most chill people I've ever met and it felt like I had known them for years. They had made the whole experience awesome by encorporating of all our props and ideas. They also had amazing ideas for photos as well. Especially the idea of photographing with the train which never crossed our minds and it turned out to be one of our favorite pictures!!!! We never had professional pictures taken before and I have heard horror stories and was very hesitant. But after working with Jay and Nicole, my fears are assuaged and I will never use anyone but them in the future for pictures. They are amazing and I can't say enough good things about them!!!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Nicole was amazing! She always responded to my emails within in the hour. Any problems that came up even after our event, she resolved immediately. She was got some amazing shots that I wouldn't have ever thought of but love now seeing them. She showed my 11 year old daughter trick to help set up shots which made the posed shots fun for even her. We had 5 flower girls ranging from 12 to 4 years old and an 18 month old ring bearer and she even caught them at perfect moments. She was patient with us when we were running late and she used that time to get shots of our parents, friends, family, rings, flowers, room setups, dresses, etc. We have rights to all our images and she sent us a flash drive within a week of the event. The blog was up the night after the wedding with sneak peek shots and we had our proofs within a couple of weeks. We are waiting on the album only because we can't narrow down our favorites! I highly recommend her. She was incredibly profession with my rambunctious Italian family. Our wedding was on St. Joseph's Day and the quality of the images really captured the special family touches that mattered to us. Great service at a fraction of the cost of other vendors. PICK THE STILL LIFE PHOTOGRAPHY! You won't regret it. I have absolutely no complaints about anything from start to finish.

Profile Picture Virginia, 3/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

We were absolutely thrilled with our photos. Very thankful to Nicole for hooking us up!

Profile Picture User6988779, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I would high recommend Still Life Photography for your wedding or any kind of special event you may need photographed!
She Arrived on time, was so flexible with what I wanted photographed. She was also super fun and easy going! It was my first time meeting her on my wedding day and i was little nervous that it was going to be awkward or that she wouldn't pictures that I wanted but she was AMAZING! She captured all the special moments perfectly! And not only was she great on the wedding day but she promised we would receive all of the photos on a disc no later then two weeks after the wedding day and we received them a little sooner then two weeks! They all turned out so great i have a hard time picking out my favorites! If you are searching for a photography you can never go wrong with Still Life Photography!

Profile Picture Lacey , 9/19/15, 1 Review