48 Reviews for Glo-Out Glamour Bar

Licensed (1)
Textured Styling (1)
Brow/Lash Tinting (1)
Airbrush (1)

Glo-out was a fantastic salon for my wedding weekend. I had a party of SIXTEEN the day of my wedding and they handled it flawlessly. They have a great little area in the back of the salon to set up food and champange. And almost all of their staff was at our disposal. Their way of handling hair and make-up is fantastic - they double team so it takes half the time. The atmosphere is so fun! Everyone looked fabulous and really enjoyed the experience. Highly reccommend for weddings!!

Profile Picture Ruchi, 6/16/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

AMAZING work! I loved working with the Glo-Out team. We used them for my hair & make up as well as my bridal party plus mom & mother-in-law. They came on site to our hotel at no cost since it was close to the salon and it was even a Sunday (which they're closed typically). They listed to exactly what I envisioned and executed it perfectly.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/10/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Hair Trial, Updos/Styling, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

I would definitely recommend the team at GloOut for bridal and bridal party services. We had 6 people getting hair and makeup, plus myself. They arrived on time to our very secluded cabin where we were getting ready and were finished exactly on time! Everyone was so impressed with their hair and makeup--together as a group we looked very cohesive, but still very individualized, even though we all got low up-dos and similar style makeup! As the bride, I really appreciated how flexible my hair stylist was about making some slight changes to my hair following the trial. Thank you, GloOut!

Profile Picture Bridget, 5/12/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Olivia and the Glo-Out ladies were a dream to work with. They were very helpful in setting up our Trial hair for my wife and I. During the Trial, they were so welcoming and truly made us laugh. We feel like we truly gained friends by hanging around these ladies. They understood our inspiration for our hair (vintage like with braids) and made it come to life on the day-of with all of our wedding party in tow! They welcomed us in their Bridal Suite in the back part of the Salon and did everything they possibly could to make us feel at home. We've even started to go to get regular treatments by Glo-Out because they've won us over as customers. If you're looking for a group of people who are extremely talented and have the ability to look at a photo and your hair and make it into a reality, then look no further than Glo-Out Bar in Charlottesville!

Profile Picture Amanda & Adria, 4/27/18, 7 Reviews
3.3

Overall, I had a pleasant experience with Nikki and Olivia. I cannot complain about the quality of my hair and makeup. They did, however, arrive 30 minutes after they were supposed to which totally threw off my schedule and did not allow for professional “getting ready” photos. We had a chance of inclement weather early in the week, which eventually diminished but I received an email at 10:45 pm the night before my wedding asking for my “snow plan”! I kindly responded that there was no longer a strong chance for snow and that I had no “snow plan” (cancel my wedding?) and moved on. I would suggest that they not panic a bride less than 24 hours before her wedding without checking the forecast first.

I would recommend this vendor but be prepared with flexibility in tour day of timeline for tardiness and also use precise communication about your wants/needs.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Amber, 4/7/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Salon, Hair Trial, Updos/Styling, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup

Nikki and her crew delivered big time on my wedding day. Not only did they run ahead of schedule (rare from my prior wedding hair/makeup experience), but they accommodated all six of our requests and were more than willing to adjust styles to make sure everyone went away looking and feeling their best. Several friends commented on the high quality appearance of my hair and makeup. And my hair stood up to some pretty serious hilltop wind! I would definitely recommend The Spot Beauty Shop for all of your wedding (and other) hair and makeup needs!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/28/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Salon, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

I was always a little concerned about getting my hair and make up done for my wedding day. I am extremely particular about what I like and was not sure which route to go. However, knowing that it is special day I wanted to make sure I contracted "the right hair and make up artists". Nikki and her team truly deliver this while staying within my budget. They were friendly, professional and flexible from the moment I reached out to them. She truly adjusted her team to my needs when my bridal party size kept changing and when last minute requests were made. They were also so much fun to have in the bridal suite, were super supportive and did a great job with all the ladies. Nikki is extremely knowledgable and a great artist and we highly recommend her and her team for your next event.

Profile Picture Sara, 10/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

So, being an Indian bride I was a little nervous about what to expect. I wanted dramatic make up, but since my husband and I were having a mixed Indian and American wedding I had a very particular vision. The Spot beauty shop did an absolutely fabulous job. They did my entire wedding party including my mother and myself, and catered to what everyone wanted. I am so so so happy I decided to go with them. They were efficient, friendly and fun! definitely a good choice!

Profile Picture Sasha, 10/14/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup

Nikki and her team did an amazing job for me and my bridal party on the day of my wedding. I was in love with my hair and makeup and they made me feel very comfortable to give my own opinion. Nikki and her team gave me super helpful tips during my trial to make sure that my hair and skin were in the best condition possible for my wedding day. My bridal party and mom's range widely in those who like to go all out with their hair and make-up and those who like to be more natural and they found the perfect balance for every person.

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/7/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Eye Makeup, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

Nikki and her girls do an amazing job!!! I've worked with her twice now (a friend's wedding, and mine) and she has been professional, flexible, and a calming presence each time. Her make up and hair skills are amazing, and she works well with every situation she comes across. I absolutely recommend The Spot Beauty Shop, they make sure you look amazing on the best day of your life!

Profile Picture Carmele, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Tanning, Updos/Styling, Spray, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Hands down the easiest part of the whole day. These ladies handled getting 13 women ready for my wedding in such a smooth manner. Everyone was happy with their hair and makeup, no one felt rushed- and we finished over an hour early!

All the hair and makeup lasted throughout the whole 12 hour day and we received so many compliments.

I literally cannot say enough how I absolutely amazing these women were throughout this whole process. 10/10 would recommend over and over again!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

CiCi and Olivia from The Spot are absolutely incredible and are the type of people you want to have around you on your wedding day. My mom and I went to Charlottesville for my trial, and I had made a HUGE mistake and realized that I didn't book them to actually come to my wedding day location. We ended up booking them to do myself, 5 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and my grandmother for hair and makeup. At first I was only planning on having hair and makeup for myself, but having them with us all morning was the best decision EVER. They made sure that everyone had hair and makeup that complimented but didn't "outshine" the bride. There were a total of 9 of us and CiCi and Olivia were so incredibly efficient but also laid back enough where we could pause for pictures, food breaks, and laugh breaks :) On your wedding day you want to be surrounded by people who are joyful, fun, kind, and contribute to a positive and stress-free atmosphere, and that's exactly what CiCi and Olivia did for my wedding day. All of us, including myself, felt so beautiful and were able to tweak and give our input about our individual style and what makes us feel most comfortable/beautiful when it comes to both hair and makeup. I can't recommend these ladies and The Spot Beauty Shop enough!!

Profile Picture Jen, 6/25/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup

The entire team at The Spot were incredible!!! Cici and Olivia made me feel the most beautiful I have ever felt and my hair and makeup were exactly what I wanted!! They are also super efficient! Nikki made sure there was a large enough team for me and my bridesmaids and we were all ready in about 2.5 hours. Everyone looked stunning and I can't say thank you enough! We had so much fun hanging out at the salon and getting ready!

Profile Picture Sydney, 4/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

THE BEST AIRBRUSH TAN...EVER! Growing up in Florida with an incredible tan, I was nervous to try airbrush tanning at this little hole in the wall two days before my wedding but I'm so glad I did. It was by far the most natural and beautiful spray tan I've ever had...at about $40 less than my average tans in DC. They were so accommodating to even squeeze my maid of honor in after her red eye flight was delayed. If you're thinking of airbrush tanning for your wedding...this is the place!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/22/16, 11 Reviews
4.7

Nikki, Cici and their team of talented stylists were incredible in creating my dream wedding look. My hair and makeup were stunning and they were incredibly attentive to the needs of 11 different women on our wedding day. Their service was impressively quick without lacking quality, and they were quick to address any revised requests of the women in my wedding party. They were also a joy to work with and brought fun and laughter to our morning. Hire these ladies, they are fantastic!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/9/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Tanning, Fake Lashes

Nikki and Cece are amazing! All of my ladies were so pleased with their hair and makeup and the makeup lasted through quite the dance party. Would recommend to anyone looking for a fun, laid-back team that will do an excellent job!

Profile Picture Tonya, 10/7/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Spray, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup

Nikki and Cici did an incredible job with my hair and makeup. Can't recommend highly enough! They were professional and prompt, and they have amazing talent!

Profile Picture Meghan, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I cannot say enough amazing things about The Spot Beauty shop. I couldn't have asked for anything better for my wedding. Nikki and her team were patient and responsive throughout the whole process, and everyone loved their hair and makeup on the day of. Nikki brought an entire team with her and they were fun and listened to what all of the girls asked for! Cici did AMAZING things with my hair (still get compliments!), and Nikki made me look exactly how I was hoping for the big day -- gorgeous! They were seriously the best and I will absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a salon and/or wedding team!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/23/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I got a spray tan for my wedding and it was the best spray tan I've ever had - so natural. I received many compliments and it stayed on for almost two weeks. The Spot also did my hair and makeup (and my bridesmaids) for my wedding. I had shown them pictures of what I wanted and it looked even better than the pictures. I cannot recommend them enough for all of their services.

Profile Picture Mary, 9/10/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Tanning, Spray, Blowouts, Updos/Styling

There are so many AMAZING things I could say about The Spot Beauty Shop! I am from the DC area, therefore I was very nervous when it came to finding the perfect hair/makeup stylist not knowing anyone in the Charlottesville area. I had seeked out a few places that I just felt OK with, and was so close to settling on a particular shop when I came across The Spot Beaury Shop. What captured my attention the most was they provide not only hair and makeup services, but also phenomenal spray tans! I don't know any other shop in Charlottesville that offers all of those things in one! I went in having no idea what I wanted. Nikki, CiCi and Olivia went above and beyond, showing me all my options, walking me through everything step-by-step. Nikki also gave me one of the best spray tans I've ever had, and coming from someone who has spray tanned for 10+ years, that says a lot!! I truly wish I lived in the Charlottesville area to not only partake in these services more often, but to hang out with these amazing ladies! They truly made my day so much fun and so special, I can't thank them enough for making me and my entire bridal party feel so beautiful on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Kerry, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Nikki and Cece were so great - very easy going and worked with our requests. They had us laughing and seemed so relaxed while they pretty-fied my girls and I. Everyone looked amazing at the end!!

Profile Picture Anastasia, 7/8/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

The trial was a great way to get a preview of things I liked or would tweak the day of. I'm not super into make-up so I really appreciated her guidance and recommendations. I wanted a natural but also glamorous look and Olivia delivered on all counts. She was a lot of fun to have with us as we all got ready and she captured each of my bridesmaids unique styles.

Profile Picture Kristen, 7/2/16, 1 Review
4.7

I'm so happy I found the Spot Beauty Shop for my hair and makeup needs for me and my whole bridal party. Nikki did a fabulous job on makeup and Ci-Ci blew me away with my hairstyle. Both were also super fun to have around as we were getting ready. It was a major bonus that they could come to us at no charge. The day of my wedding was hot, and we did photos prior to the ceremony. After an hour outside, I was convinced I would look like a mess walking down the aisle. I couldn't believe it when I looked in the mirror and not a single lock of hair or drop of makeup was out of place. And it stayed that way all night! I couldn't have been happier. Nikki also gave me and my mom excellent spray tans a couple days before the wedding. At first I thought she hadn't gone dark enough, but as soon as I put my dress on I knew it was perfect. At times, communication was a bit delayed, but all my questions always got answered, and in the end I was very pleased.

Profile Picture Liz, 7/2/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Tanning, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Spray
4.7

We made a lot of changes in the schedule leading up to my wedding but they were always very accommodating. I highly recommend the spray tan too, it was very comfortable and looked so natural! I'll be going back for more.

Profile Picture Megan, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Group Services, Makeup, Tanning, Fake Lashes, Spray
1.3

I was very disappointed in this hair/makeup vendor. They were unprofessional, and did not come to the wedding prepared with what was needed. To top it off, they overcharged us and we had to call to get a refund. Would never recommend.

Profile Picture User6890623, 2+ years ago, 1 Review