43 Reviews for Glo-Out Glamour Bar

Natural Makeup (1)
On-Site Makeup (1)
Makeup Trial (1)
Airbrush (1)

Nikki and her crew delivered big time on my wedding day. Not only did they run ahead of schedule (rare from my prior wedding hair/makeup experience), but they accommodated all six of our requests and were more than willing to adjust styles to make sure everyone went away looking and feeling their best. Several friends commented on the high quality appearance of my hair and makeup. And my hair stood up to some pretty serious hilltop wind! I would definitely recommend The Spot Beauty Shop for all of your wedding (and other) hair and makeup needs!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/28/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Salon, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

I was always a little concerned about getting my hair and make up done for my wedding day. I am extremely particular about what I like and was not sure which route to go. However, knowing that it is special day I wanted to make sure I contracted "the right hair and make up artists". Nikki and her team truly deliver this while staying within my budget. They were friendly, professional and flexible from the moment I reached out to them. She truly adjusted her team to my needs when my bridal party size kept changing and when last minute requests were made. They were also so much fun to have in the bridal suite, were super supportive and did a great job with all the ladies. Nikki is extremely knowledgable and a great artist and we highly recommend her and her team for your next event.

Profile Picture Sara, 10/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

So, being an Indian bride I was a little nervous about what to expect. I wanted dramatic make up, but since my husband and I were having a mixed Indian and American wedding I had a very particular vision. The Spot beauty shop did an absolutely fabulous job. They did my entire wedding party including my mother and myself, and catered to what everyone wanted. I am so so so happy I decided to go with them. They were efficient, friendly and fun! definitely a good choice!

Profile Picture Sasha, 10/14/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup

Nikki and her team did an amazing job for me and my bridal party on the day of my wedding. I was in love with my hair and makeup and they made me feel very comfortable to give my own opinion. Nikki and her team gave me super helpful tips during my trial to make sure that my hair and skin were in the best condition possible for my wedding day. My bridal party and mom's range widely in those who like to go all out with their hair and make-up and those who like to be more natural and they found the perfect balance for every person.

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/7/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Eye Makeup, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

Nikki and her girls do an amazing job!!! I've worked with her twice now (a friend's wedding, and mine) and she has been professional, flexible, and a calming presence each time. Her make up and hair skills are amazing, and she works well with every situation she comes across. I absolutely recommend The Spot Beauty Shop, they make sure you look amazing on the best day of your life!

Profile Picture Carmele, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Tanning, Updos/Styling, Spray, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Hands down the easiest part of the whole day. These ladies handled getting 13 women ready for my wedding in such a smooth manner. Everyone was happy with their hair and makeup, no one felt rushed- and we finished over an hour early!

All the hair and makeup lasted throughout the whole 12 hour day and we received so many compliments.

I literally cannot say enough how I absolutely amazing these women were throughout this whole process. 10/10 would recommend over and over again!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

CiCi and Olivia from The Spot are absolutely incredible and are the type of people you want to have around you on your wedding day. My mom and I went to Charlottesville for my trial, and I had made a HUGE mistake and realized that I didn't book them to actually come to my wedding day location. We ended up booking them to do myself, 5 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and my grandmother for hair and makeup. At first I was only planning on having hair and makeup for myself, but having them with us all morning was the best decision EVER. They made sure that everyone had hair and makeup that complimented but didn't "outshine" the bride. There were a total of 9 of us and CiCi and Olivia were so incredibly efficient but also laid back enough where we could pause for pictures, food breaks, and laugh breaks :) On your wedding day you want to be surrounded by people who are joyful, fun, kind, and contribute to a positive and stress-free atmosphere, and that's exactly what CiCi and Olivia did for my wedding day. All of us, including myself, felt so beautiful and were able to tweak and give our input about our individual style and what makes us feel most comfortable/beautiful when it comes to both hair and makeup. I can't recommend these ladies and The Spot Beauty Shop enough!!

Profile Picture Jen, 6/25/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup

The entire team at The Spot were incredible!!! Cici and Olivia made me feel the most beautiful I have ever felt and my hair and makeup were exactly what I wanted!! They are also super efficient! Nikki made sure there was a large enough team for me and my bridesmaids and we were all ready in about 2.5 hours. Everyone looked stunning and I can't say thank you enough! We had so much fun hanging out at the salon and getting ready!

Profile Picture Sydney, 4/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

THE BEST AIRBRUSH TAN...EVER! Growing up in Florida with an incredible tan, I was nervous to try airbrush tanning at this little hole in the wall two days before my wedding but I'm so glad I did. It was by far the most natural and beautiful spray tan I've ever had...at about $40 less than my average tans in DC. They were so accommodating to even squeeze my maid of honor in after her red eye flight was delayed. If you're thinking of airbrush tanning for your wedding...this is the place!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/22/16, 11 Reviews
4.7

Nikki, Cici and their team of talented stylists were incredible in creating my dream wedding look. My hair and makeup were stunning and they were incredibly attentive to the needs of 11 different women on our wedding day. Their service was impressively quick without lacking quality, and they were quick to address any revised requests of the women in my wedding party. They were also a joy to work with and brought fun and laughter to our morning. Hire these ladies, they are fantastic!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/9/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Tanning, Fake Lashes

Nikki and Cece are amazing! All of my ladies were so pleased with their hair and makeup and the makeup lasted through quite the dance party. Would recommend to anyone looking for a fun, laid-back team that will do an excellent job!

Profile Picture Tonya, 10/7/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Spray, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup

Nikki and Cici did an incredible job with my hair and makeup. Can't recommend highly enough! They were professional and prompt, and they have amazing talent!

Profile Picture Meghan, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I cannot say enough amazing things about The Spot Beauty shop. I couldn't have asked for anything better for my wedding. Nikki and her team were patient and responsive throughout the whole process, and everyone loved their hair and makeup on the day of. Nikki brought an entire team with her and they were fun and listened to what all of the girls asked for! Cici did AMAZING things with my hair (still get compliments!), and Nikki made me look exactly how I was hoping for the big day -- gorgeous! They were seriously the best and I will absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a salon and/or wedding team!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/23/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I got a spray tan for my wedding and it was the best spray tan I've ever had - so natural. I received many compliments and it stayed on for almost two weeks. The Spot also did my hair and makeup (and my bridesmaids) for my wedding. I had shown them pictures of what I wanted and it looked even better than the pictures. I cannot recommend them enough for all of their services.

Profile Picture Mary, 9/10/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Tanning, Spray, Blowouts, Updos/Styling

There are so many AMAZING things I could say about The Spot Beauty Shop! I am from the DC area, therefore I was very nervous when it came to finding the perfect hair/makeup stylist not knowing anyone in the Charlottesville area. I had seeked out a few places that I just felt OK with, and was so close to settling on a particular shop when I came across The Spot Beaury Shop. What captured my attention the most was they provide not only hair and makeup services, but also phenomenal spray tans! I don't know any other shop in Charlottesville that offers all of those things in one! I went in having no idea what I wanted. Nikki, CiCi and Olivia went above and beyond, showing me all my options, walking me through everything step-by-step. Nikki also gave me one of the best spray tans I've ever had, and coming from someone who has spray tanned for 10+ years, that says a lot!! I truly wish I lived in the Charlottesville area to not only partake in these services more often, but to hang out with these amazing ladies! They truly made my day so much fun and so special, I can't thank them enough for making me and my entire bridal party feel so beautiful on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Kerry, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Nikki and Cece were so great - very easy going and worked with our requests. They had us laughing and seemed so relaxed while they pretty-fied my girls and I. Everyone looked amazing at the end!!

Profile Picture Anastasia, 7/8/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

The trial was a great way to get a preview of things I liked or would tweak the day of. I'm not super into make-up so I really appreciated her guidance and recommendations. I wanted a natural but also glamorous look and Olivia delivered on all counts. She was a lot of fun to have with us as we all got ready and she captured each of my bridesmaids unique styles.

Profile Picture Kristen, 7/2/16, 1 Review
4.7

I'm so happy I found the Spot Beauty Shop for my hair and makeup needs for me and my whole bridal party. Nikki did a fabulous job on makeup and Ci-Ci blew me away with my hairstyle. Both were also super fun to have around as we were getting ready. It was a major bonus that they could come to us at no charge. The day of my wedding was hot, and we did photos prior to the ceremony. After an hour outside, I was convinced I would look like a mess walking down the aisle. I couldn't believe it when I looked in the mirror and not a single lock of hair or drop of makeup was out of place. And it stayed that way all night! I couldn't have been happier. Nikki also gave me and my mom excellent spray tans a couple days before the wedding. At first I thought she hadn't gone dark enough, but as soon as I put my dress on I knew it was perfect. At times, communication was a bit delayed, but all my questions always got answered, and in the end I was very pleased.

Profile Picture Liz, 7/2/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Tanning, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Spray
4.7

We made a lot of changes in the schedule leading up to my wedding but they were always very accommodating. I highly recommend the spray tan too, it was very comfortable and looked so natural! I'll be going back for more.

Profile Picture Megan, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Group Services, Makeup, Tanning, Fake Lashes, Spray
1.3

I was very disappointed in this hair/makeup vendor. They were unprofessional, and did not come to the wedding prepared with what was needed. To top it off, they overcharged us and we had to call to get a refund. Would never recommend.

Profile Picture User6890623, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

Loved them! They did an amazing job and I had them do 11 people for my wedding day.

Profile Picture Morgan, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I can't say enough positive things about The Spot! They were amazing to work with and I absolutely LOVED my hair and so did my bridesmaids and mom. CiCi was AWESOME! I had a hair trial and told her I wanted a boho look and had brought pictures. The style she created was so much better than the pictures!! She said she could do that style in her sleep and it showed because it turned out even better on the day of my wedding. I am SO particular about my hair and I was so thrilled with the way it turned out! I wish I had CiCi around daily to do my hair:)

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/18/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Book The Spot! Their team was amazing- so flexible, engaged, and eager to listen to all of my concerns and ideas! On the big day Nikki and her team created an amazing look that reflected exactly what I had in mind and kept me relaxed and smiling.

Profile Picture User6939668, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Nikki and her team at The Spot Beauty Spot was everything that I could have imagined and more. From the moment that I contacted Nikki to inquire about doing my hair and make up for my wedding – I was sold!! Nikki was so warm and inviting when I arrived to her cute shop in Charlottesville for my wedding hair/makeup trial. All the girls gave me a hug and made me feel like we had been friends for years!! Nikki and CiCi did not let me leave that day without “loving” my hair and makeup. The communication leading up to the wedding day was stellar and I never had to wait long for a response back to my emails. Nikki brought an entourage of stylists with her on my wedding day – I had 9 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and 2 flower girls! Nikki and her girls were so accommodating and had so much fun with my girls!! Nikki and CiCi made me feel like a princess on the most important day of my life! I will never forget them or how they made me feel and look!! I would recommend them to anyone who wants the best experience and the utmost professionalism in the wedding business!! Nikki – THANK YOU so much!!

Profile Picture Lauren , 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
1.6

I initially chose this vendor based on a coordinator's list. At first, emails etc. were prompt. I sent photos of what I wanted before my trial.
Nikki owns The Spot and was 5-10 minutes late, and hadn't looked at the photos. Another stylist did my hair, Nikki did makeup. The strength was the hair, which was perfect and exactly as the photos showed.
The makeup didn't look anything like I'd asked for, particular parts made me look worse instead of better. My eyeliner made my eyes look different heights/shapes--she told me that's just my face. I explained I usually wear heavy eyeliner and have found ways to minimize that...she said she drew them symmetrically (and again, it's just my face).
Worse than that was that after 45 minutes both were "done". As with any place, the trial's supposed to last until you're satisfied. Another client came in for a wax at this 45 minute mark and so she told me she was already running late, I'd have to come back.
I emailed her 2-3 times, asking for an appointment. I never got a response. This is during my new job where I was working every 2 or 3 days for 24 hours at a time, so I didn't call (I was either working or sleeping). After 3 weeks of emailing I finally got a response, saying her email had been "hacked" and they'd been having issues sending/receiving...and she'd already booked another wedding for my date "because she hadn't heard from me".
I was offered a return of 50% of the trial fee, which of course was exorbitant (and I'd tipped on despite being upset). And then I was out a stylist when this area is particularly hard to secure vendors. And she'd made me look horrible; I'd left calling my MOH and fiance saying I didn't know how I was going to look even my normal level of "good" if I had her as a vendor.
I found a different place, that offered me some discounts because of my story. This was by far the worst experience I had during my wedding.

Profile Picture Angie, 4/16/16, 12 Reviews