The Specialists Entertainment, Inc. Reviews

158 | Verona, NJ

158 Reviews for The Specialists Entertainment, Inc.

1 User photo

The Specialists Entertainment, Inc. 1

Michelle · Married on 11/05/2018

Phil is literally THE BEST!! I used him for 2 bat mitzvahs and have already booked him for my youngest kids’ bar mitzvah. I wouldn’t consider using anyone else. He treats his clients as family, need I say more??!! He is the nicest and most professional guy, love him!!

Jenn · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing! True Experts

Phil and his team were amazing! So easy and fun to work with leading up to the wedding. Not pushy with expensive add-ons and will keep it real about necessities in your package for your event. We upgraded our sound system last minute as recommended by Phil due to a much larger guest count than expected, and we were very satisfied with the result. We also had a saxophonist and percussionist which were great additions and added a unique and elegant touch. Pricing was within our budget and we really got so much for our money!

They really exceeded our expectations on the day of. They played all types of music and had the crowd up and moving the entire time!! Half of our guests were Portuguese, so we knew we wanted classic Portuguese party music played throughout the night. The flow of mixing the music up was just perfect and kept all guests out dancing no matter the genre.

We also had booked our photo booth through this vendor which turned out to be great as well. They offer 4x6 prints giving guests the option of framing their take homes.

Overall- highly recommend The Specialists Entertainment for any event.

claudia · Married on 07/29/2018

I can't begin to thank Frank enough for the amazing time we all had! He knew exactly what to do and when to do it! I wish I was having another party!!! I would recommend The Specialists Entertainment to anyone. It was like he was our family member! THANK YOU AGAIN!!! Make the music happen!
    Claudia

Jessica · Married on 07/28/2018

Phil was professional, top quality, and an absolute blast. Our guests were up and dancing the ENTIRE time, which is exactly what you look for at a wedding. My husband and I gave Phil a list of songs, and trusted him to follow the vibe of the crowd. He was on point at all times! People are still bringing up how much of a party our wedding was, and say our DJ was “one of the best by far!” I couldn’t be happier with Phil’s professionalism and overall attitude. He had our wedding party hyped up for the grand entrance, and was genuinely excited and happy for us! We couldn’t have asked for a better experience. We also highly recommend his saxophonist and percussionist. They made our wedding have both a DJ and live band feel, which is often times what people struggle between. Phil and his team were nothing short of perfect, and our wedding was incredible because of him and his team!

Juan · Married on 07/07/2018

Phil and his team made our special night just that more special. Completely professional, friendly, courteous, and simply AWESOME. They had everyone dancing all night long. I would recommend and will definitely use The Specialist for any future events.

Janine · Married on 07/07/2018

Absolutely amazing!!! We had such a great time. Excellent variety of music. From 40's-Today. Country, Standards, Free Style, Disco, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Salsa. Everyone was on the dance floor. Great Time!!

Katie · Married on 07/07/2018

Phil and his team are just beyond amazing!!!!!! We didn't even bother searching for a DJ for our wedding because my sister had him as her DJ for her wedding 13 years ago and I remembered how awesome he was then and how many people commented to my sister how amazing he was. So I know that Phil was the DJ to hire and my then fiance was quick to agree after meeting him!!!!! He is top notch and has been doing this for soooo long that he's the best of the best!! Phil is also the official DJ for the Red Bulls Soccer, as well as being international. He does weddings and other events all over----that just speaks volumes of his talent and how amazing he is!!!! From the time I contacted him to set up an appt to meet all the way to our big day, he was so responsive via email and text. He's not out to nickel and dime you either as I've heard from other couples who experienced that from other vendor they hired.He makes suggestions and reasons for his suggestions, but if its not what you want, he drops it and doesn't push. However, i think at one point i wanted to do something and he actually suggested i not do it and gave me reasons that i never thought of that made total sense. I can't remember what it was but i just remember that that is him being completely honest with you as to what works and what doesn't with his knowledge and experience. Obviously, if you really want something no matter what he'll do it but i just love his honesty. We had our wedding at Ravello in East Hanover and I remember him asking if we wanted uplighting ( think that was it) and i said i'm not sure because i think it would take away from the beautiful room that Ravello has for reception and he totally agreed. The day of our wedding was absolutely amazing!!! Phil and his team had everyone up dancing and I've heard from guests that they loved the mix he played and that it was so much fun!!! We used their photo stage and everyone loved it as well! Phil and The Specialists are spectacular!!!!

• I

Ingrid · Married on 07/01/2018

I have no words for DJ Phill. He is THE BEST! I have attended other Weddings that he peformed and for that reason, without any doubt, I chose him to peform on my Wedding!

Thank you Phil for everything! I couldnt be any happier! We love you

Our best regards,
    Mr and Mrs Taormina

The Specialists Entertainment, Inc. 2
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/27/2018

Phil and his team did an amazing job at our wedding. They played all the song we requested along with some other great ones. We’ll definitely be using them again for future events. Thanks, guys!!

Monica · Married on 05/06/2018

The Specialists Entertainment has GREAT DJs which are very professional and amazing to work with. I have used them three times for my kids communion parties and we always have a great time!

Michael · Married on 05/06/2018

One of the best i ever had. He kept the party going between the kids as well as all the adults!

Robert · Married on 04/13/2018

I've known Phil now for 15 years!! Hes a great DJ/ MC I could not have asked for anything better!!! Would recommend to anyone not because of being a good friend but because he and his crew know how to keep the party going!!! Thank you again!!!

Richard Serra · Married on 03/31/2018

Absolutely amazing, above and beyond

Phil and his team were absolutely amazing. Really made our wedding a memorable event. His music selection and MC talents were exceptional and really made our dance floor feel like a party. Very flexible when it comes to meeting and making adjustments.

I honestly have nothing but positive things to say about my entire experience and I would not hesitate to highly recommend them to anyone in need of a spectacular DJ / MC.

Grace · Married on 12/09/2017

We hired Philip as our wedding DJ based on our photographer's recommendation. We wanted a great party where everyone is dancing and having fun and thought that the DJ was probably one of the most important part of the wedding. Unfortunately, we could not meet Philip in person before the wedding because we lived far and things were so hectic for us. It is a bit risky to hire a vendor without meeting them in person. However, Philip quickly became my favorite vendor even without meeting him! He was responsive, professional, and gave very helpful advice!! We got married in CT during a snowstorm, and he made it on time and was there to make sure that our wedding went on without a problem and stayed until the very end! He played all our favorite songs and made sure that everything ran smoothly. He can read the crowd and get the crowd going. We feel really lucky that Philip was our DJ. I would hire him all over again in a heartbeat! We HIGHLY recommend him!

Dan · Married on 11/19/2017

I hired Phil for my wedding last month @ the Venetian in Garfield, NJ. Phil's a super cool guy who knows his stuff. My wife and I felt really comfortable working with him since our initial meeting at his house. He truly has your best interest at heart and even turned away certain things that would make him more money. (but we didn't necessarily need) Not many people would do that. Everyone we talk to says we had the best wedding they've ever been to -- Phil and his team were huge contributors to that...... Thanks again!

Samantha · Married on 05/13/2017

Phil and his team are absolutely AMAZING!!!!! The music played all night was on point. We gave a list of artists and genres of music that we and our guests enjoy and they nailed it with every song. They are the best and I would hire them again for another event in a heartbeat!

Steve · Married on 05/06/2017

Where do I begin, these guys ROCKED the house! What a fine group of professionals that we were honored to have at our wedding. They did a beautiful job with the ceremony music and had everyone engaged throughout the reception. We absolutely loved having them and they did a phenomenal job keeping the crowd up and dancing the entire time, which is something you don't often see. The beach ceremony had customized music that Phil helped us to select to keep it fresh and trendy. Throughout this whole process and planning, Phil was amazing with us in accommodating our various song requests and was helpful every step of the way in his recommendations when we unsure of certain things. The group consisted of a DJ, MC, Percussionist and Saxophonist, who created a perfect blend of tunes for all of our guests. I highly recommend this group - Music is such an important key to a wedding and having these memories stick to peoples minds. Why have an average wedding when you can hire this group to bring it to the next level.
    You guys were a shining star at our wedding -- Thank you, Phil!

Melissa · Married on 04/28/2017

Philip was the absolute best to work with. He was professional, honest, enthusiastic and organized. Philip made the entire process a breeze, and for that we are truly grateful! We will definitely use him again down the road and highly recommend him.

diandra · Married on 04/15/2017

ES provided the music for my daughter's wedding at Rosecliff Mansion in Newport, RI.. The band Mike Amado recommended (Young Love & Thrills) was outstanding..They brought down the house!..We are from Miami and music is very important! ..Mike was our DJ, as well as coordinator..He is very personable, accomodating, and professional..ES also provided the lighting and photobooth for the event...If music/entertainment is a priority for your event, ES is the one to go to. You will be glad you did!

• User5313293 · 1+ year ago

If you want the best service and the best experience for both you and your guests, then The Specialist Entertainment Inc. is the only way to go. Since I've had experience with them on multiple occasions they are consistently professional, great to work with and most of all FUN! You won't regret choosing them for your big day.

Lina · Married on 11/13/2016

Philip was amazing with the crowd. The mix of music was good to have everyone joinin. My sons birthday was a hit because of him.

Merri · Married on 10/15/2016

We loved working with Phil for my son's Bar Mitzvah! He was really great at helping us figure out what we needed for our specific party without trying to talk us into extra unnecessary and costly add on's. We thought he was reasonable and worth every penny!! We have gotten a lot of feedback from our guests inquiring about the DJ and how great he was! He kept the energy up in the room without being too invasive and kept the kids attention and got the rest of the crowd involved as well. He took care of the flow of the party with ease and worked well with the facility and the staff. We had 2 dancers, one male and one female, who were very low key but wonderful with the crowd, just what we wanted. He also provided an open air photo booth with staff, and all sorts of props, which ran smoothly and was a fun activity for our guests. At the end we were handed a flash drive and went home with all the pictures. We highly recommend Phil and his team!

shalyn · Married on 10/15/2016

AWESOME. The Specialists Entertainment was the biggest factor for such an amazing wedding. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone. We received nothing but great reviews from all of our guests. Phil is the easiest to work with and made our planning stress free. The Specialists Entertainment is the only way to go for any special events or occasions!

Mary · Married on 09/24/2016

I couldn't have asked for better entertainment at my wedding!! Phil and DJ were AMAZING. We've received so many compliments on how much fun our wedding was. There was something for everyone while staying within our wishes. Phil knew exactly what type of party we wanted and he gave it to us. They did the music for the ceremony and the reception and everything went so smoothly from the first time we met to the breaking down of the equipment. The best part of the planning process was the log in the made for us to put all of our wishes and let them know EXACTLY how we wanted the night to go. Phil was incredibly helpful throughout the whole process and gave us suggestions when we needed them. Thank you for helping make our wedding perfect!!!

Santos · Married on 09/17/2016

Magical. That is the word that I can use to describe the night for my Daughters Sweet 16. The rave reviews I heard all night from my guest, Who is that DJ? That music was awesome. This two man show went over an beyond of what I expected. They made sure the party didn't go thru any hiccups. I highly recommend The Specialist Entertainment for any of your future events.