The Sonnet House Reviews

113 | Leeds, AL

113 Reviews for The Sonnet House

Meghan B · Getting married on 02/05/2021

Stress-free wedding planning and beautiful venue

Getting married at The Sonnet House was an absolute joy! Ellen, Jared, and Corey were incredibly helpful and made wedding planning as stress-free as possible, even in the midst of finishing my dissertation and a move across the country. Our wedding day was perfect!

Sent on 01/09/2020
  • Carolina

Carolina Barefield · Married on 01/26/2020

The best vendor team

Ellen and everyone at TSH made the planning experience so easy and effortless. I told this my vision and they delivered. Not only is the venue stunning but the team here is the best decision I made. I honestly felt like I was planning with friends/family when we had our meetings. BOOK THEM!!! You will not regret it!

Sent on 01/30/2020
  • Monica

Monica Buckner · Married on 11/23/2019

I would do my wedding all over again! Everything was perfect.

I loved everything about The Sonnet House! They made everything so easy. My wedding was a dream come true!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Meredith · Married on 11/02/2019

Positive experience! Everyone was so helpful and responsive. Literally the next decision I made was booking this venue.

My father was going through a major medical issue during my engagement. Thanks to The Sonnet House I didn’t have to worry about wedding planning-they were right there making everything happen, providing vendor recommendations and contacts, and making decisions easy. We had a beautiful and stress free wedding day thanks to this team. Additionally, I was able to take care of my dad with stress free wedding planning due to the awesome Sonnet House team. So grateful for these people! I’m truly not sure I could have pulled together a wedding for our marriage ceremony if it was not for this team.

Sent on 05/26/2020

Renee Hobson Bush · Married on 08/10/2019

Couldn’t ask for a better venue

My son got married at the Sonnet House and we had rehearsal dinner there as well. Both nights were perfect. The staff as well as all the planners were awesome. They did it all and made it seem effortless. The food was spectacular and all decor was beautiful. If you want a venue to handle it all and make your day perfect this is the venue for you.

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/18/2019

Could not have been more perfect!

We got married at the Sonnet House a few weeks ago and already wish we could do it all over again! Weddings tend to be stressful times...but not at the Sonnet House. Ellen, Jared, and Corey took every dream we had and made it come true. It rained on our wedding day and their team smoothly moved our outdoor ceremony to their large indoor ceremony venue and it was beautiful...perfectly executed - and they never let us worry about one little detail. I can’t speak highly enough of these people and this beautiful venue. The food, the flowers, the entire wedding day...words can’t even describe!!

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Alex Anne

Alex Anne Washington Clifton · Married on 04/27/2019

A Dream Come True! Absolutely perfect!

I cannot express enough how unbelievably FLAWLESS my wedding day was, in every aspect, and it is all thanks to Ellen, Jared, Corey, and the rest of The Sonnet House crew!!! Not only was my wedding day perfect and an absolute dream come true, but the 8 months of preparation leading up to the big day went so well, was stress-free, and overall so FUN all because of my precious venue and the people behind it all. They are embedded with kindness, talent, intention, love, care, are overwhelmingly genuine, and AMAZING! Our experience from start to finish was beyond what we expected. They were responsive, professional, organized (SO ON TOP OF THINGS), accommodating, happy, loyal, and just overall wonderful people that I will never stop thanking. I 100% guarantee that you will reflect on your wedding day with the most filled hearts of gratitude, love, appreciation, and joy, because that is Michael and I until the end of time. I not only recommend The Sonnet House, I am a proud supporter and am honored to have gotten married there! It's not just the venue and property that's beautiful, it's the staff as well. All the love for this venue, the people, and the community.

Sent on 01/08/2020

Macy Baker · Married on 01/19/2019

If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing!

The best advice I can give if you're looking into The Sonnet House is to book them immediately. One of my biggest concerns about having a winter wedding in Alabama is that you have absolutely no idea what the weather may do. These guys have an amazing back up plan (Chapel) which we ended up needing and it was priceless. During the planning meetings they were always patient to explain how each aspect of my day would be translated to a back up plan if necessary, so when the wedding day came (along with torrential downpours in our area), I was able to continue with hair and make up and hanging out with my girls and not having to worry about the details. Ellen is an unbelievable force and I wish I could carry her in my pocket to help with everyday stresses of life. She wrangled 3 sleepy toddlers and a big bridal party with ease. Corey did an amazing job with my flowers even though I was very little help in communicating what I wanted. If I could have my wedding done all over again tomorrow there isn't a single thing I would change...except I may have booked The Sonnet House even quicker.

Sent on 02/01/2019

Nicole Kehr · Married on 11/17/2018

Perfect Venue

Truly top of the line. We got married in November and weather in Alabama could not be more unpredictable. The team worked with us on our ever changing plans as we adjusted to the weather. Everything went so smoothly and Ellen was a step ahead on everything. They coordinated with our other vendors to make sure everything was there that we needed. The florals and food were amazing and people never stopped talking about how great our special day was. It truly was a joy and a privilege to get to work with them.

Sent on 12/18/2018

Abigail Worthy · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing!!!!

They made our day perfect and we never left any planning meetings feeling as though something had been over looked. Ellen has a answer for everything, most of the time before you even remember to ask the question!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Courtney · Married on 06/02/2018

Best wedding venue ever

The Sonnet House team was able to make my dream wedding a reality! My day was perfect thanks to them. Everything I had envisioned was able to happen! 12/10 recommend to a friend!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Kayla · Married on 05/27/2018

The absolute best place to host a wedding. My wedding day was everything I had imagined it to be. The Sonnet House is worth paying for and we appreciated Ellen so much!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Kayla Alexander · Married on 05/27/2018

The best team to help plan your special day!

Book the sonnet house today! EXCELLENT AND BEAUTIFUL VENUE!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Evan · Married on 05/26/2018

The staff at The Sonnet House is absolutely amazing!! If you have a dream or vision they can make it happen! They’re #1 goal is to make you happy

Sent on 06/21/2018

Amanda · Married on 04/28/2018

Love, love, love the Sonnet House!! The venue is absolutely stunning and the hosts are the most top notch professionals in the business! I cannot say enough about Ellen (day of coordinator/planner), in particular. Ellen went above and beyond to take care of me throughout the whole process. Everyone needs an Ellen in their life!! It was the wedding of my dreams :)

Sent on 06/22/2018
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 04/20/2018

Where do I start? The Sonnet House was amazing and the people who work there went above and beyond my expectations! They are such kind hearted people who just want to make your day special! The day of my wedding they made sure my family was taken care! The venue is spectacular! I personally love flowers and that was a big deal for my wedding they did an outstanding job with my flowers! So for my review I want to say Thank You to The Sonnet House!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Anna · Married on 03/28/2018

I was one of those girls who had dreamed about this day forever, but came into the wedding planning experience a little clueless. This team of people not only made the whole process so easy, stress-free, and seamless, but these people became my family and I will always cherish the relationships and lifelong friendships I created with the team of INCREDIBLE people at the Sonnet House! A bride's worst fear when choosing an outdoor venue is rain on their wedding day. But, listen, it came a DOWNPOUR on my day, and I will never forget when the rain started and I had a moment of panic, and Ellen came up to me, gave me a huge hug, and looked me in the eye and said, "I would die before I make your day anything less than perfect. We planned for this and we got this." And they did! She immediately calmed my fears and they all went to work on creating my vision and gave me the ultimate chapel ceremony and reception that I will cherish forever. I made it my goal to be positive even in the midst of the weather, and everywhere I turned that day, I saw smiling faces and joy from everyone that was involved. The sun was shining through them even if there was nothing but rain outside! The house is stunning, but it is the people who run this place that give it life and make it feel like coming home every time you walk in that door! The passion they have for their brides and fulfilling their visions is inspiring! I would choose them again and again without hesitation or doubt and you should too.

Sent on 07/02/2018

Keely · Married on 03/24/2018

My experience can be summed up in about one word: flawless. My wedding was executed flawlessly. Every guest I’ve been able to speak with since returning from my honeymoon have all commented on how wonderful, beautiful, perfect, etc. everything was. As a bride, I had my control freak moments before the wedding. With the Sonnet House, you can personalize each little touch, then they bring it to life, and you get to sit back and let them take care of everything. And I mean everything! My responsibilities left included tasting cakes, having fun photo shoots, picking a band, and looking at cool old cars to drive us away. They provide awesome vendor recommendations if you don’t know where to start looking for photographers, bands/djs, cakes, or anything. My wedding day was the first day since becoming engaged where I was not worried about anything. It really allowed me to take everything in and enjoy the perfection myself. I’ve since joked that I wanted to have another wedding there. Obviously to my amazing groom again. I absolutely recommend them, hands down.

Sent on 04/08/2018
  • erin

erin · Married on 03/17/2018

I don't even know where to start in how amazing our experience was with Ellen, Alan, and the Sonnet House staff from start to finish! Aside from the fact that the venue is absolutely gorgeous and I want to live there, everything was absolutely perfect on our wedding day. I can't wait to relive our day through pictures by Laura Wilkerson Photography, and video by One Motion Media. Our day was perfect!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Also, Ellen is right about everything so make everything easier on yourself and listen to her from the beginning!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Ava · Married on 09/09/2017

The Sonnet House was perfect from the moment I walked in. Everyone did exactly what we asked for and so much more. The day was perfect and couldn't have gone better!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Abby · Married on 09/02/2017

The whole Sonnet House team really is a bride's dream come true! They're the real deal and we couldn't be more thankful or happier with how everything turned out. They are the best!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Brittany · Married on 08/26/2017

Where do I even begin to describe this incredible experience? Our wedding day and the planning process were absolutely perfect in every way. From the first time we walked through the doors as an engaged couple to when we walked out as newlyweds, we were treated like we were their only clients. They listen to your vision and provide professional advice that eases even the most type A bride's (me) stress. They take care of every detail and can recommend the best vendors in the business. When our wedding day finally arrived, we were able to let go and leave everything to them, and to say everything was a dream come true does not even begin to describe it. The food was delicious (guests have begged us for recipes); the florals were gorgeous, and all the small details were the perfect touch to who we are as a couple. The whole day went smoothy thanks to their advice on the timeline. We even got to eat a full meal alone after the ceremony while guests ate. The fireplace ceremony space was picture-perfect, and the reception space's string lights provided the perfect ambiance. They even provided mist fans since our wedding was in August! And the cherry on top was the picnic basket of leftovers they packed for us to enjoy later. Throughout the whole planning process, if I had a question or concern, I could shoot them a quick email and receive a response in no time. Ellen would alway say "We got this," and they most certainly did. We are so happy to be a Sonnet House couple.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Stephanie · Married on 08/19/2017

The Sonnet House is the best place to get married! We searched for months and fell in love at first site! Ellen is great to work with and makes everything easy and perfect!! Corey's flower designs were exactly what I wanted! They were on top of everything and made our day everything we could have dreamt. The Sonnet House and all their people are awesome and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Kayla · Married on 05/06/2017

The Sonnet House was literally the perfect venue. With my guest at 400, I was worried about ample space and quality of decor and food. Well, there was no need to worry. the Sonnet house has the perfect layout for a larger (or smaller) guest counts and all of the detail were amazing. The food was wonderful and every single flower arrangement was beautiful. On the day of my wedding, I did not have to plan or worry about anything. It was perfect! The whole team is easy to work with, accomadating, and will go out of their way to make sure that you are happy! Wish I could do it all over :)

Sent on 09/29/2017

After dating for almost 8 years, I had always dreamed about how perfect our special day would be. The Sonnet House made our day better than I could have ever imagined. The best part, they handled everything. When I sat down with the staff I gave them my ideas and they took them and made my day PERFECT! Everywhere I looked, I just fell in love with every detail. Ellen is amazing at responding and making sure she knows everything the bride wants! Also, Cory's florals are amazing! I am so thankful to have had such an amazing venue that paid attention to small and large details!

Sent on 05/24/2017