63 Reviews for The Solo Harp of Susan W. Haas

Harp (5)
Ceremony (5)
Cocktail Hour (1)
Reception (1)

After hearing Susan play at a wedding last winter, we hired her to perform at our friends' wedding as our gift to them. Susan was responsive, easy to work with and the harp music was exquisite! We highly srecommend working with Susan - her music is a classic, moving addition to any event.

Profile Picture Jeannie, 12/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Susan was wonderful to work with and very accommodating with positive and creative input to our wedding song choices, even when planning from out of state. Our guests have been raving about her gorgeous playing, and she truly made our ceremony beautiful and perfect, setting the ideal ambiance for a winter sunset wedding. She is a true professional and we highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Christine , 12/19/15, 13 Reviews
Services Used: Harp, Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony

We had Susan Haas play at my daughter's recent wedding- she is so amazingly talented- her harp music was exquisite and set the most lovely tone in the event. Guests loved the harp music! Susan is a true professional- reliable, accommodating, dependable- and a wonderful individual. Would love to work with Susan again!

Profile Picture User5607294, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Susan did an excellent job at an event we hosted at LeMay, America's Car Museum, in August 2015. She was extremely easy to do business with, charged fair pricing, and was worth every penny we spent. She played a variety of music genres beautifully. Our event was for Independent Auto Dealers, and they were intently listening and in some cases even taking video! We had fantastic feedback from our guests after the fact, several specifically complimented our harpist. Yes, Auto dealers! We will definitely use Susan Has Harpists' services again.

Profile Picture Monica, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Susan was wonderful to work with and played beautifully. Her professionalism and friendliness made us feel so confident and comfortable!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/14/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Harp, Instrumental-Solo

Susan was wonderful in helping us decide what type of music we wanted at our ceremony. She was able to adjust to any of our requests and learned a song we had requested. She was very personable and made me feel comfortable about the whole process. The ceremony was beautiful and she played a huge part in its success. Thanks Susan!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 8/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Ceremony, Harp, Instrumental-Solo

We hired Susan to play prelude and ceremony music at our wedding. She was great to work with, very responsive to all of our questions and requests for music samples. On the day of, she was on-time and played beautifully. We’d highly recommend Susan to anyone looking for a professional harpist.

Profile Picture User4736874, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Susan, of "The Solo Harp", is fantastic! She is greatly talented and the ultimate professional at all times. My husband and I hired her to play for our Renewal of Vows Ceremony and the music was so beautiful. We loved it and all of our guests raved about her talent.
Susan can play everything from Bach to Led Zeppelin, which you don't find with most harpists. She will learn new songs for your event if she doesn't already have it in her vast repertoire. She will help you choose music, if you want her assistance, but she will never push a particular genre on her clients - the choices are totally yours.

I have known Susan for a number of years because I was a Wedding Planner and now I am a Wedding Officiant. I have been privileged to hear her play at many weddings and there has always been nothing but praise for her music.

When we needed to hire a harpist, after being exposed to many others, she was the only harpist we even considered and we highly recommend her to everyone. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Janine, 5/30/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Harp, Ceremony, Instrumental-Solo

Susan was incredibly professional throughout our experience; from first meeting and music selection, to the final musical notes at the end of the ceremony. She was always completely prepared, on time, and provided serenity and exceptional musical skill and sophistication to our special day.

Profile Picture Janet, 2/22/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Reception, Harp

Susan was fantastic we were so happy we chose her.

Profile Picture Erin, 2/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Susan is really awesome! She plays the harp beautifully. We wanted a unique sound for our wedding, so we chose to go with the harp/solo duo. It was a beautiful day, and the music made it even more beautiful. We hired Susan and Nichole for the ceremony and cocktail hour music. The sound of the harp and cello was so soothing and beautiful!

Susan was very professional and responsive. She is really good at learning what you want and takes that into effect. With all the stress of a wedding, it was great just relying on someone whom you know will do the job well, and you don't have to be worrying about it. Trust me, there are enough things to stress about already during your wedding day. Susan answered all my questions and provided all the information I needed. She was definitely one of the best vendors that we worked with.

The consultation was also a great time learning about each other. Susan was great accommodating our special requests, and I can't even express how awesome it was listening to our special songs live during our wedding day! I wish I could relive that day!

Profile Picture User4607617, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Susan is amazing! It's been about 2 years and a half since my wedding and now that a lot of my friends are getting married they ask me about how Susan was. I remember very clearly how very kind she was on Skype and in person on the day of the wedding. I would have to say that the most memorable thing about Susan was how accommodating and reliable she was. I remember all the groomsman and bridesman walking down the aisle at a steady pace and here I was with my dad..walking EXTRA slow. like snail slow. I swear the song I picked to walk down would've ended waaaay before I even got to the altar, but Susan knew exactly how to make the song longer without making it sound awkward or anything. When I did pick up the pace and finally get to the altar, she ended the song normally as it would have if I had walked down normally. My husband was a violinist in a lot of orchestras so he is very critical of any musician, but I remember that he explained to me that Susan had extended the song at a perfect spot so that it sounded very natural and pretty during the walk. If you're looking for a harpist, I would honestly look no further. =]

Profile Picture Nancy, 7/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I am SO happy we found Susan! It was the harp music I always dreamed about when picturing my perfect wedding. She worked with our DJ, She helped decide on some of the processional, and prelude music, and our guests really enjoyed the feel of her music too.

Her Rate: $400 + $25 for outdoors + 50 cents per mile over a 40 mile RT

We met once at her home before hand, to go over music. She also does skype and phone sessions. Here is the music we decided on:

Family Honor Seating Processional
Ground in F Major by Henry Purcell

Bridal Party Processional For 5 couples of Bridesmaids/Groomsmen.
The Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel

Bridal Processional-- control the adrenaline and think slow :-)
The Bridal Chorus from the Opera "Lohengrin" by Richard Wagner

Recessional--
The Wedding March from the Opera "Midsummer's Night's Dream" by Felix Mendelssohn

Profile Picture Mia, 7/11/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Susan Haas stands alone as the premier harpist for wedding events. Our wedding had 200 guests and was held in a large church with reception following. Susan's lilting chords swelled and diminished in just the right ranges and timing. Susan filled the area with splendid harp music while quieting guests with an amazing repertoire of upbeat and classical compositions. Susan did exactly as she and I had discussed. She is a great communicator as well, asking me for feedback as we planned the affair and adjusting her music accordingly. You will never be disappointed with Susan Haas and you will be delighted as people tell you how much they enjoyed her music. I know that I will look for every opportunity to work with her again.

Profile Picture Bonnie Sandahl, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Susan was such a pleasure and joy to work with, we decided to have live music for our ceremony last minute. She was responsive , informative and flexible! we scheduled a timely meeting and she was very prepared and professional. The meeting was effective and personalized. Susan did a phenomenal job creating the perfect atmosphere at my ceremony.
I trusted that everything would go smoothly and she brought a sense of peace to my wedding day :)
I received numerous compliments on the harpist and ceremony. I felt like the pricing was fair. Especially since she comes with her equipment and tent:)
She and her harp only added to the beautiful scenery and did not take attention away from the bridal party :)
I loved large selection of music and the fact that she learned new popular songs so quickly.

Everytime I play my wedding video I get goosebumps from the harp playing!

Profile Picture Roxie, 6/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I had both Susan and Nicole played at my wedding. The best decision I've made. All of our friends and family complimented how amazing the duo are! I worked with Susan and she can't make it more simple. She is quick to respond to your emails, easy to work with and amazingly delightful to talk to. I feel so bad for asking so many questions, and probably have asked a few questions more than one time, but each time, I get the same friendly, professional responses. She took the time to make sure I understand every step of the way. I will use her service again...so should you!

Profile Picture User4700916, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I highly recommend Susan's services. She's very professional and an awesome musician. I had a Star Wars wedding and she did great incorporating Star Wars music with classical music and made my ceremony extra special.

FIVE STAR!!

Profile Picture Janelle, 5/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We are so glad we went with Susan as are harpist! She was so easy to work and quick on her email responses. She plays the harp beautifully! We had so many compliments on our ceremony music and how great she did. She played a special song for me as I walked down the aisle and was one of the highlights of my wedding day! Book Susan you will not be sorry!

Profile Picture Danae, 1/4/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired Susan for our wedding ceremony. She did a fantastic job! We met Susan at a wedding event and talked with her for quite a while. She was very professional, warm and friendly. Since she had her harp with her she played quite a few requests for us. We decided to hire her right away. After hiring her, Susan met with us for a long meeting to not only discuss which songs we wanted her to play but she also helped us plan our entire wedding ceremony since the church we used didn't have a wedding coordinator. Susan's music is beautiful and she has a large playlist to choose from. She also learned more than one new song just for us. My favorite part was when she played "Someday My Prince Will Come" as the flower girls walked down the aisle. I also have adorable pictures of her letting my flower girls play her harp before the wedding. We highly recommend Susan!
Eric and Christy

Profile Picture Christina, 10/12/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We were looking for an ethereal and romantic sound to accompany our daughter's wedding ceremony and found Susan through an internet search. She has a beautiful site where you can listen to select pieces of music. She is thoroughly professional in addition to being very talented. Apart from her beautiful talent with the harp, we particularly appreciated how seamless she is in making transitions from one piece to another (Beatles to Pachelbel) and how in attuned she is to the timing and ambiance of the ceremony. Beautiful!

Profile Picture lorie, 9/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Susan was easy to work with, very accommodating and very knowledgeable. We could not have been more thrilled. I highly recommend Susan to anyone looking for a harpist.

Profile Picture User3777317, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

My Husband and I got married a little over 2 weeks ago; I adore the harp, so our wedding coordinator recommended Susan. Her studio is a little bit of a trek from Seattle, but it was well worth the trip to hear her play in person – beautiful! She is so talented! We booked her harp and cello duo for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and were absolutely thrilled with them. My husband and I share a love of video games, so in addition to the typical wedding fare we asked them to adapt a song from Final Fantasy for the ceremony - they did a fantastic job, and it really helped us add our own personal touch. The duo apparently played songs from several other video games during cocktail hour as well (I was away and unfortunately didn’t hear myself, but a number of guests were quite impressed and mentioned it later).

Tl;dr they were an absolute joy to work with, a hit with our guests, and I would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Eri, 9/20/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

For the record, my husband and I have never heard music played by a harp before. Originally, we wanted a pianist at our wedding but after looking at the cost of service for a pianist it was just not in our wedding budget. We had Google other options for ceremony music and fell upon the idea of a harpist. We then searched the top harpists in our area and along came Susan W. Haas. Let me tell you, Susan is incredibly talented. Going in blind, we did not know what to expect from a harpist but she easily made us a fan. We were impress from the consultation till the very end of our ceremony. Susan does an amazing job feeling out what type of music would best fit the mood you want for your wedding and she executes it beautifully. All the guest at our wedding were impressed as well and applauded on how classy yet romantic the ceremony music was. My husband and I highly recommend Susan because every wedding deserve beautiful music for such a beautiful occasion!

Profile Picture Kim, 9/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I'm so glad we went with Susan for our wedding ceremony. She was amazing to work with from beginning to end. She was always quick to respond to emails and was both incredibly friendly and professional. Her harp music is GORGEOUS, and she has such a wide variety of songs to choose from. She really works with you to make everything smooth and flawless for the big day. The music was so lovely and really provided the perfect ambiance for our ceremony. It absolutely added an unforgettable touch to an already magical day.

Profile Picture Megan, 8/31/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Susan was amazing and helped us answer ALL of our questions. She even learned a new song for us that we really wanted played! We were so happy to have her be apart of our wedding ceremony

Profile Picture User3223738, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews