The Simply Elegant Group Reviews

114 Reviews for The Simply Elegant Group

1 User photo

The Simply Elegant Group 1

Laura · Married on 05/08/2015

If I were to give ONE piece of wedding planning advice to engaged couples it would be this, HIRE a professional to coordinate your wedding!!! As a very detailed and organized bride I figured I could do all of the wedding planning and preparation myself. I launched headlong into DIY projects and getting help from all of the talented people in my life. I made the mistake of thinking that I could rely on a friend to help coordinate our wedding details the day of the wedding. Unforeseen circumstances came up with this friend and I was left floundering less than 3 weeks away from my wedding. Coordinating and orchestrating all of the transitions and cues and getting people in the right spot on the day of the wedding was NOT something I could do myself and it was my number one stressor point. I needed help and fast! I sent out a Hail Mary message to the Simply Elegant Group to help me last second to coordinate my wedding. Best decision ever, period. I'm actually GLAD things fell through with my friend and had to ask a professional to take over. My stress level went from a 10 to 0. I had full confidence that the day would run smoothly under the supervision of Simply Elegant Group. Our planner went above and beyond for us!! Our planner helped organize us and come up with a detailed timeline to work out all of the details as well as troubleshoot any concerns we had. We had our wedding in Rochester and needed two dessert vendor pickups in the twin cities, plus a liquor pickup in Rochester which they handled with ease! They finished the décor and styling set up of our reception and also coordinated and communicated with our vendors so I could relax and not be contacted about business on the wedding day! The whole day ran so smoothly transitioning from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception without any delays or dead time. I can't say enough about their level of expertise and professionalism as well as their ability to bring calm and organization to a day that could easily ge

Sent on 05/15/2015

The Simply Elegant Group's reply:

We are so HAPPY to hear that we were able to take your stress level from a 10 to a 0! That's why we do what we do and LOVE what we do! Wedding days are meant for happiness, NO STRESS, fun & making memories! Glad that we could help with that and that you were able to enjoy your special day! Thanks for choosing us to be a part of that!

Wedding Day Coordinator does not begin to cover all that Kristin did for us. Even if you go DIY on everything else for your wedding, make sure you hire a Simply Elegant coordinator. The day felt like it went off without a hitch. I'm sure there were hiccups, but Kristin took care of them all before my husband and I ever heard anything about them.

By the time we got to the wedding day, I was so comfortable with Kristin. We had emailed, talked a dozen times, and met in person as well. We lived out of state, and Kristin was very accommodating, often meeting when we were home around holidays.

I loved having Kristin as a coordinator because she happily and promptly took care of anything we asked. On top of that, she ran interference and let us enjoy the day. Right before we sat down for dinner, Kristin let us know that she swapped two of the tables so a family member could plug in his oxygen tank. Kristin saw this need, took care of swapping the tables and informing the caterer, and then filled us in when we had a free moment. All of these little things throughout the day could have meant time my husband and I (or our close family members) would have had to take away from enjoying the event, but Kristin covered them all.

At the end of the reception, I had asked my sisters to help my parents stay behind and clean up. Again though, Kristin had it covered, letting my exhausted parents go home to bed and my sisters out to party further with friends.

The next morning, Kristin let us know that one of the groomsmen had forgotten to grab his suit when he left, and she offered to take it back to the rental store for us.

Even though we did not hire them as a full wedding planner, Simply Elegant was there from the moment we hired them until the week after the wedding, always one step ahead of our needs.

Sent on 09/26/2015

I am so grateful for our venue to have recommended SEBC to us. We were planning our wedding in less than six months and things were coming together very smoothly - I was on the fence about getting a wedding planner. I can honestly say it was by far the best money spent at our wedding! The preferred vendor list is fantastic and we got many of our key vendors from this list. Jenny was our wedding planner and she was incredible to work with throughout the planning process. The day of our wedding, Jenny took care of set up, making sure everyone was where they needed to be, and coordinated everything with vendors, in addition to many other things. The day goes by so fast and having Jenny there allowed us to really take in the entire day and enjoy every moment! I cannot thank Jenny and SEBC enough and would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Hannah · Married on 10/18/2014

The first choice I made for my wedding was the wedding planner-and SEBC was the first-and BEST choice I made! Kristin helped me every step of the way. I live in New York and got married in Minneapolis-so every time I fly in she set up appointments to look at venues, food tasting and dress shopping. Every few weeks she would let me know what the next step was and the next thing I needed to do, she was definitely my guide through this process. An added bonus was Cait-she handled ALL my decor! I literally told her I wanted pretty and romantic and a budget, and she planned everything, and it looked amazing! Cait also took care of all my stationary (programs, invitations & placecards). The week of Kristin contacted all my vendors and answered all their questions-I did not worry about one thing. The programs were delayed at the printers and Kristin and Cait put them together because I was traveling (they were literally my saviors because I was freaking out at this point). The day of the wedding these girls literally orchestrated my wedding. They dealt with the setup, all the vendors/deliveries and coordinated the flow of the day. I did not have to wonder at any point what needed to be done-they literally did it all!! I remember at one point asking Kristin "Do I need to do anything?" And she said "nope!". Kristin came up to me throughout the night guiding me where I needed to be, asking if I needed anything. She took care of bustling my gown (did I mention she came to my last dress fitting just so she could learn how to bustle my gown?). I made hundreds of choices over the last year for my wedding-the first and best choice I made was hiring the girls at Simply Elegant. I had the wedding of my dreams because I had the wedding planners of my dreams!

Sent on 10/29/2014

The Simply Elegant Group's reply:

We can't LOVE this review any more!! Wow! We're crying happy tears!! We are so THRILLED that you were so happy with Kristin & Cait on your wedding day! It's crazy to think that all of the hours (hundreds in most cases & yours!) put into planning the most important day of your life come to just that...ONE WHOLE DAY! So to hear that having someone like Kristin on your side the day of the wedding to make sure that it all went to plan and to make sure that YOU had nothing to worry about--brought you peace of mind...well, that just makes us so HAPPY! This is why we do what we do! So THANK YOU for choosing us to be a part of your wonderful celebration! Cheers to you both!

Megan · Married on 10/04/2014

We worked with Kara on our outdoor, at home wedding this year. I'm the most organized, bossy bride imaginable, and there is no possible way we couldve pulled off our day without Kara!! She was the perfect combination of kind and nurturing, and get-it-done organized. So many people complimented how many things she was doing on wedding day- the woman even baked State Fair donuts to send home with guests!! Using some SEBC vendors, we did save just as much in discounts as what we paid to hire them. For every bump in the road, Kara was there to smooth out the problem and keep me calm. Kara handled vendors, catastrophes, and beautiful moments equally. Love, love, love her.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Pamela · Married on 08/31/2014

We worked with Kristin and Maggie from Simply Elegant and they were absolutely amazing! We had a Barn wedding in Rochester, MN and there were hundreds of details/tons of coordination necessary since our venue was not traditional (normally it's a working horse barn - this was completely DIY!). Kristin was on top of everything and even volunteered to go above and beyond to help throughout the weekend. We cannot emphasize enough how meticulous she was in tracking and managing every detail but more importantly understanding our big picture priorities and doing everything in her power to help us achieve them. To illustrate, for example, we wanted to take 30 minutes to ourselves following our ceremony in a small cabin to process and take in the moment. Without any request from us, Kristin set up a nice plate of hors d'oeuvres and some champagne, which we thought was so special. Kudos to her and Maggie for helping us pull off our dream wedding!

Sent on 09/03/2014

The Simply Elegant Group's reply:

You were lucky enough to have the magnificent sisters-team! Kristin & Maggie are not only sisters but make one heck of a team! So happy to hear that they were able to make your out of town wedding everything you hoped it would be! That's the best part of our job, truly is! Thanks for taking the time to share such kind words with us!

Kendra · Married on 08/16/2014

We worked with Jenny for our wedding, and I can't even begin to explain how amazing she was. We had her for the "full planning" package and she guided us through every step of the wedding planning process. I was one of those brides who actually hated wedding planning, but Jenny came in and made it fun again.

The 2 weeks leading up to the wedding and the day of was when Jenny really shined. I was probably the least stressed out bride the week of my wedding and the day of because she had taken care of everything. She worked with my venues on all the details (communicating our alcohol and appetizer selections, finalizing the reception "floorplan", coordinating setup and takedown times, etc.) In addition, she put together an extremely detailed timeline for the day and also called every single one of my vendors to ensure they knew where they needed to be and when.

On our wedding day, I didn't worry about A THING. Jenny and her assistant did all the set-up (ceremony chairs, reception decor/floral, etc.). She cued every event of the day (first look, processional, grand entrance, etc.) and made sure we didn't have to pay attention to a clock. If there was any problem on our wedding day, I didn't know about it, because Jenny took care of it right away.

Overall, hiring Jenny and Simply Elegant was by far the best money we spent on our wedding. A wedding planner sounds expensive, but I can assure you that it was worth every penny and all the stress my family and I DIDN'T have on my wedding day. Jenny was amazing and I would HIGHLY recommend her to any future bride!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Sarah · Married on 08/02/2014

Ashley Henry was my wedding planner and straight from the start I knew she was going to my make my dreams come true! I used her Day-Of coordination services and she rocked it out! She was always there to answer any questions I had before the wedding, anytime of the day, any day of the week. Her preferred vendor list was awesome and I definitely took advantage of that! I saved so much by using her preferred vendors! She basically paid for herself! On the day of my wedding everyone was so surprised at how calm I was and I owe it all to Ashley! I didn't have to worry about a thing! She took care of everything while my husband and I enjoyed the wedding of our dreams! I DEFINITELY recommend Simply Elegant Bridal Consulting and I know my (HUGE) family will undoubtedly be using them for their wedding events as well. Thank you again, Ashley!!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/19/2014

Kara Souther, our wedding planner was amazing. She was very kind and helpful. I appreciated all the ways that she went out of her way to make our wedding day special. She was very organized and helped us think through things that we hadn't considered. Having her there on the day of the wedding alleviated stress knowing she was fully capable to handle any situation. If you are considering getting a planner Simply Elegant and in specific Kara would be a great choice.

Sent on 08/25/2014

We worked directly with Cait for our wedding planning . From the very beginning of the planing process we felt so welcomed by Cait and the team. Her knowledge and excitement of her job was so nice to see and her connection with vendors was amazing. The most important thing to us was that we felt comfortable, we felt listened to and with Cait's help she helped turn our ideas into realities. We would recommended Simply Elegant to anyone needing guidance for planning any event. They were a treat to work with!

Sent on 07/03/2014
  • F

Fred · Married on 06/28/2014

Simply Elegant was great to work with - our planner was Kristin. All of the advice and assistance leading up to the wedding day was fantastic. She was always there for us, and never batted an eye. The day of went extremely smoothly, flawless execution. Many of our friends and family said that it was the best wedding they've ever been to, which I think is an extremely high compliment... and certainly goes back to the planning and organization, of which Kristin and Simply Elegant were the backbone.

Sent on 07/04/2014

We did the Day Of Coordinator package with Ashley and she was absolutely amazing! One of the best investments we made for the big day. She was always there to help us out with questions and made me feel so incredibly calm the last couple weeks before the wedding. I truly wasn't worried about a thing! Everything went off without a hitch down to the smallest details, and our hall was completely gorgeous! Not to mention she is just a fun person to be around :) An added bonus was that we booked our photographer and DJ through Simply Elegant, and the team chemistry that was present on our wedding day was something I wouldn't trade for anything. It wasn't something I hadn't thought about beforehand, but having your professionals clearly enjoy working with each other makes the atmosphere even more fun and upbeat! My husband and I are so happy with her and wish her and her team nothing but the very best and huge success in the business.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Megan · Married on 06/07/2014

Kristin helped in planning our wedding and did a fabulous job of making sure all the details were taken care of before the day of and on the day off. Our wedding day went so smooth because we had Kristin there to make sure everything was taken care of. I didn't have to worry about anything on the day of because Kristin was on top of it all! Also, at the end of the night, Kristin took down the decorations and made sure they got in the right cars. What a relief, my family and I could just enjoy the night and not have to worry about this piece! I would defiantly recommend having Kristin or any other Simply Elegant Planner be a part of your planning and day. You day should be enjoyable and stress free, let someone else worry about the details on the day of. It goes so fast and you should be enjoying every minute, having Kristin there allowed me to do so!

Sent on 07/11/2014

Vanessa · Married on 06/07/2014

Being that we were planning our wedding from halfway across the country, it was critical that we had someone to be our eyes and ears on the ground. Simply Elegant Bridal Consulting was that and so much more! I left my initial conversation with Ashley knowing we would be in great hands. We were matched with our first planner based on our interest in certain venues, but after a few conversations we realized that it might not be the best fit in the long haul. Ashley did a wonderful job of pairing us with Jenny -- her enthusiasm, attention to detail, responsiveness, and genuine love of love were just what we needed to help calm our nerves. Jenny was chalk full of creative ideas and solutions in order to avoid any logistical nightmares from occurring. She went above and beyond to ensure the day ran smoothly... even bringing me a cup of Caribou coffee (the nearest location being over 45 minutes away!). My husband and I walked away feeling like we gained a friend (our families practically wanted to adopt her after the fact). For those considering a wedding planner, you will not regret it! This is your time to focus on the love that you and your significant other share; and allowing that love bind two families together. We highly recommend hiring Simply Elegant (if not as full-time planners, at least month of) to do what they do best so that you can focus on the things that are most important to you.

Sent on 07/16/2014

Vanessa · Married on 06/07/2014

Sent on 08/13/2014
  • Shauna

Shauna · Married on 05/24/2014

We had Ashley as the wedding planner last weekend. Ashley has been worth her weight in gold since the first day we started working with her. Since most people don’t participate in many weddings, it is difficult to know what choices to make when planning a wedding. Ashley was always available to answer any crazy questions we had at any time and always responded very quickly.
    We saved more than the cost of her services by getting discounts from her preferred vendors. We used many vendors on her list and were extremely happy with all of them.
    We only had her services for the day of the wedding, but she answered questions starting at the beginning of the engagement a year and a half prior to the wedding. She was very patient and extremely easy to work with. It seemed like she was always on our side when it came to working within a budget and has many ideas for saving money without compromising the quality of the wedding.
    On the day of the wedding, she was able to keep everyone calm and smooth over whatever issues came up. When we got to the wedding, we discovered we had forgotten the garter and the correct wedding ring for the groom. She sent her assistant the hotel to pick up the ring and garters, so that we didn’t have to miss anything. At the end of the evening, when we were all exhausted from having too much fun, she packed up everything from the wedding and had it all packed in totes very quickly. I would recommend her to anyone. While we still might have made it through the wedding without her, we would have spent much more money, more time worrying and wouldn’t have had half as much fun!

Sent on 05/27/2014

Sabrina · Married on 05/17/2014

You're crazy if you don't hire Simply Elegant for you wedding. I could not imagine my wedding without them. Jenny was absolutely fabulous! She was there for me any time I needed her, whether it was to get her advice, track down a vendor, or figure out details. Of all the optional things to purchase for your wedding, make sure this is one of them! You will not be sorry! Thank you so much Simply Elegant and Jenny for everything!

Sent on 06/06/2014

Simply Elegant went above and beyond ALL my expectations- they were the BEST money I spent on my wedding. Their staff was able to help me every step of the planning process. I recommend EVERYONE check them out BEFORE they plan anything. Plus with their vendor discounts- I saved money. What other planning company focuses on that? I wish I could give them 10 stars!!

Sent on 05/16/2014

Tricia · Married on 04/25/2014

I never thought a wedding consultant would be worth spending money on, then I met with Ashley Henry from Simply Elegant Bridal Consulting. Her insight on what I was looking for was enough to hook me, not only did we receive a discount on our catering by using one of their preferred vendors but she directed me to JenMar Creations who redesigned my mom's wedding gown into a stunning gown fit for me.
    The day of the wedding was flawless, Ashley took care of all vendors and issues that arose which gave my husband and I total freedom to enjoy our day. I cannot thank Ashley enough, she's remarkable!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Cait was amazing to work with throughout the whole wedding planning process. She made it easy and worry free. My wedding day was a breeze I didn't have to worry about anything. Cait and her crew handled all the little details and more to help make my day go smoothly and perfect. I can't thank them enough for all the help. So fun and so professional to work with, I would definitely recommend Simply Elegant Events for helping with any special occasion.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Luka · Married on 03/28/2014

The whole experience with Simply Elegant was amazing! Maggie was so helpful with laying out the timeline and ensuring everything ran smoothly the day of!! On my wedding day I did not have to worry or think about a thing, Maggie took care of everything! If I had to give wedding advice I would highly recommend everyone have a day of coordinator! I would also 100% recommend Simply Elegant!!! So professional, flexible, and priced right!!

Sent on 04/23/2014

Maggie (with Simply Elegant Bridal Consulting) was amazing on my wedding day! She took care of all the details so that I could relax and enjoy the day! She was the contact for all of the vendors and because of her, the wedding and reception was seamless. I didn't have to worry about a thing that day, and when the fathers' ties could not be found, she took care of it. If there were any other mishaps, I never knew because she had it handled. I would highly recommend her and SEBC to take care of the details on your big day.

Sent on 03/09/2014

Jeni · Married on 02/01/2014

Cait was my event planner and she was amazing! My day was flawless and the vendor relationships they had also saved me money overall as well!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Nicole · Married on 11/01/2013

Ashley was our day-of-coordinator and such a help! She met with us twice before the big day and helped to create our timeline and keep things on track. She helped me feel relaxed and that I could trust someone else to see to the details while I was being whisked to and fro. I would recommend a day-of-coordinator to any bride, if not a full coordinator package.

Sent on 11/18/2013

Katie · Married on 10/18/2013

We had the absolutely HONOR of working with Ashley Henry, the owner of Simpley Elegant herself :) I am a Bridal Consultant at Kleinfeld Bridal in New York City, and planned my wedding in Minneapolis, MN from a long distance. I needed a friend, a partner in crime, but mostly a true EXPERT and PRO in the bridal industry to help organize my ideas and plans so that I didn't spontaneously combust...talking weddings all day at work with my brides and then going home and talking about our wedding every night was extremely overwhelming! On top of their expertise, the connections and discounts that help you save money, they are truly professional and LOVELY ladies to work with :) When I told her that cameras from Say Yes to the Dress would be filming the wedding, she didn't even flinch!! She's so calm, and can handle anything! I seriously don't know what I would have done without Ashely, and I'm sad that I live all the way in New York, because she's the kind of person that you want as a friend, too.

Sent on 01/03/2014