The Silver Fox Reviews

20 Reviews for The Silver Fox

• Morgan

Morgan B. · Married on 04/09/2021

Totally Dreamy!

We had the most beautiful and amazing wedding day here last weekend. Bill, Kayla, and the team here completely exceeded our expectations and our day went so smoothly. Planning our wedding was very low stress, and the team was so responsive to any questions I had. Everything we needed was conveniently located within the building, so all we had to do really was just show up. If we could get married again, we wouldn’t change a single thing! It was the perfect day!

Sent on 04/16/2021
  • Ashley

Ashley G. · Married on 12/31/2019

Glamorous and unique NYE venue

This venue is absolutely perfect. Original woodwork, tall ceilings, and all in one venue!
    The only down side is your head count needs to be under 150, but if you can make that happen I highly recommend this place!! The pay it forward room has just about everything you could want or need. They supply linens, tableware, chivari chairs, and bartenders. Kayla is perfect and will run your day if you need her to. Our photographer was on top of that so Kayla had an easy day of just coordinating vendors. All of our guests would not stop commenting on how beautiful/unique the venue was and that made me so happy because I think the building is gorgeous. The venue is well worth the price if it is within your budget!

Sent on 01/06/2020

Heidi B. · Married on 12/06/2019

Wedding venue

We got married on December 6th at the silver fox. We could not have asked for better people to deal with during this stressful process. Anytime we had a question bill or Kayla were right there to answer the questions. Kayla kept in touch the entire time reaching out to see if we needed anything. The day of the rehearsal she was there to make sure everything went smooth. The day of the wedding she was there with a helping hand for anything that we needed. She went over and beyond. She made sure everyone got down the aisle and everything stayed on time. The venue was absolutely beautiful. The staff was amazing! The end of the night there was staff member that took pictures and sent them to me. I thought that was awesome as sometimes those pictures that nobody expected means so much more! My entire party and family and friends had nothing but good things to say about the venue! Thank you all! I would highly recommend looking into this venue for your big day!!

Sent on 12/19/2019
  • Kasey

Kasey · Married on 09/13/2019

Wedding of our dreams!

Breathtaking venue with dependable and organized staff! Our wedding at the Silver Fox was the wedding of our dreams! Kayla was so helpful and made the experience stress free (we had a wedding party of 22)! Loved the pay it forward room! Made it easy to decorate and at the end the night easy to donate decor to future brides. My favorite part was the cost! The Silver Fox is cost effective- gorgeous venue with the fairy tale package.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Bryan · Married on 09/29/2018

An Amazing Day I’ll Never Forget

We had our wedding at The Silver Fox on 9/22/18 and every part of our experience with them was incredible. They were super professional, easy to work with, and helped us with all of our vendors to make sure our day was as stress free as possible. 10/10 would recommend this beautiful venue and amazing staff over and over again!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Kailie · Married on 07/14/2018

Not only is the Silver Fox absolutely gorgeous, but the owner Bill, event manager, Kayla, and all wait and bar staff were amazing from start to finish! They were extremely accommodating and all of our guests walked away with wonderful things to say!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Marisa · Married on 03/16/2018

This is by far the best wedding facility in all of Chicago. Worth every minute in the car...you will not only fall in love with the building, but the management team as well. Just listen to Becky, she will direct you every step of the way. If you work w the Silver Fox, your wedding will be the one to beat for years! Their wedding ball is truly a showstopper, think wedding meets the most elegant party you will throw in your life. With Becky in charge, you will relax and dance the night away.

Sent on 04/20/2016

Elaine · Married on 03/03/2018

Our wedding was March 2018 at the Silver Fox. My husband and I loved our experience working with the staff. They were extremely accommodating, friendly and helpful throughout the entire process and especially the wedding day. The venue is beautiful. We had so many compliments from our guests too. We will recommend the Silve Fox over and over. Thank you!

Sent on 04/21/2018

Kristina · Married on 06/17/2017

Sarah Besser and her wonderful team are truly amazing! They practically set up my whole wedding while I was getting ready. Anything I needed she or one of her team was there to help. The building is just absolutely gorgeous! I couldn't have thought of a better place to have my wedding than at The Silver Fox!!!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Christina · Married on 04/23/2017

Sarah really went above & beyond for our wedding & reception. She recommended vendors, that were fabulous! Helped us plan a fairly good size wedding in less than 2 months! We had 80 guests! Everyone absolutely loved the venue!

Sent on 05/14/2017

Hilary · Married on 11/19/2016

Can't say enough on how much I loved this place and how many compliments I received from guests. The real bonus is the room of decorations. You don't need to buy much to make the venue look incredible. Everything is there.

Sent on 01/11/2017
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 11/05/2016

Becky and the team at the Silver Fox are amazing! Their venue is Gorgeous and is more than worth the affordable price. I live in Atlanta and most of my family is in Chicago and the drive is about 2 hours for them. But worth the drive. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a gorgeous and smaller wedding.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Jillian · Married on 09/24/2016

The Silver Fox is the most beautiful building owned and operated by the most amazing people!! Seriously Sarah, one of the owners, worked our wedding with the rest of our staff and she is just so sweet and her staff is so amazing. I honestly would not change one single thing of that entire day. Seriously go book Silver Fox immediately.

Sent on 10/01/2016

Kent · Married on 11/14/2015

My wife and I just wanted to pass along how much we loved getting married at the Silver Fox. We were so impressed with the venue staff -- everything went very smoothly, and we are still getting compliments about the location. It is truly a treat to have been married at the Silver Fox, one my wife and I will cherish for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 12/29/2015
  • Hayley

Hayley · Married on 10/02/2015

My husband and I had our wedding here in October of 2015, and we could not have been any happier. To begin, the beautiful craftsmanship of the restored 1920's Masonic Temple struck me with such romance as soon as I visited. Located in Starved Rock country, the soaring tin ceilings, the chandeliers, and the woodwork stole my heart. We easily decided that we would be married in the restored 2nd floor meeting room, have our cocktail hour in the lounge downstairs, with dinner and dancing in the adjacent ballroom.
    Not only was the space breathtaking, but the many decor elements included in the contract sealed the deal for us. The chiavari chairs, tables, linens, settings, and flatware were all included in the price. Bartenders would be provided, though we would supply the drinks and alcohol. Instead of paying per head for drinks, we were able to save money and customize our bar menu. We served our favorite craft beer, a crowd favorite, Revolution AntiHero.

The Bridal room is very comfortable to sit and be nervous in and the Groomsmen room upstairs is a rarity. We could hear the men cheering as they played foosball upstairs, a comfortable place for them to relax before the wedding also.

For our reception, the Silver Fox suggested several catering companies, though allowed any of our choice.

We ate at our sweetheart table while our wedding party sat with their dates and families. You can choose round tables or long tables.

The staff at the Silver Fox were kind, accommodating, and quick! They broke down some tables for dancing in minutes and even cut our cake for our guests.

The one drawback would be the distance to any hotels. We did have to bus our guests in and out. Though the trip was worth it because my pictures are amazing!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Luis · Married on 04/25/2015

The Silver Fox is an exceptionally fit venue for a wedding. My wife, our guests and I had an amazing experience. From catering and staff, to the exquisite interior of more than a centuries old structure, this place is phenomenal.
    Bill and Sarah were extremely flexible in the planning and setting up of the wedding/reception. If there is something you absolutely must have for your wedding,they will point you in the right direction and even help out in making it happen. Everyone was professional, trustworthy and committed toward our requests.

Sent on 05/02/2015

Nicole · Married on 03/14/2015

My husband and I had our wedding and reception at The Silver Fox on March 14, 2015. It was the most amazing and memorable day imaginable. I cannot rave about this venue enough! The building is incredible. This reimagined Masonic Temple, with historic significance, elegance, gorgeous and original woodwork, and above all—its uniqueness, is set apart from all the rest. The ceremony room is huge and breathtaking. Your guests can choose to sit on gold chivari chairs, or for a more unique perspective, they can sit in the balcony section that encompasses the room. The Masonic blue walls add charm, but also a royal feel to your exchanging of vows. The best part is, there’s no need to over-decorate this room. It’s already beautiful. Then there’s the cocktail hour area/bar. This room literally makes your wedding an event to remember. The décor, the atmosphere, the personality—it just can’t be beat. And after an hour of fun and socializing your guests get another treat-- walking into the ballroom. The ballroom has all the charm and elegance of the rest of the building, but the exposed brick and amazing hardwood floor takes the (wedding) cake. The elegant ceiling and chandeliers create a Gatsby-esque atmosphere that will have your guests raving about your event from start to finish. The building is something out of a dream. The people are just incredible, too. You could not ask for more caring, understanding, knowledgeable, and fun people to work with during the planning of one of the most important days in your life! Sarah Besser and Bill Phelan, the owners of the establishment, work with you every step of the way to ensure that your vision comes to life. Sarah and Bill are both down to earth and incredibly helpful. There is no need to stress or worry about the details, especially while working with Sarah. The convenience of having my wedding at The Silver Fox was unlike any other. My guests raved that it was the best wedding they ever attended! Thanks to The Silver Fox!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Laura · Married on 10/18/2014

I had my wedding here a month ago and it was fantastic! The building is just gorgeous and so unique. We actually booked the place right when we visited (the first venue we had visited). The amenities are plentiful (and beautiful)- ceremony room, cocktail room, and ballroom all in one building, tables, chairs, linens, place settings, decorations, etc all provided for your use, and you can bring in your own caterer and provide your own alcohol. What more can you ask for? The staff and Sarah and Bill were so helpful, accommodating and just great to work with! I can't recommend the Silver Fox enough for your wedding or next event!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Sara · Married on 09/20/2014

I just had my wedding here, and the night was perfect! We had the ceremony upstairs, the cocktail hour in the bar, and the reception in the dining room. The natural decor the this beautifully rehabbed building can not be beat. I know everyone says the pictures don't do the building justice, but to see it in person is breath-taking. And the staff - amazing!! Sarah and Bill kept things running smoothly all night, so i had nothing to worry about. My family is already dreaming up excuses to have another event here!!

Sent on 09/23/2014
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 10/22/2017

The Silver Fox is amazing!! From the first visit I was absolutely in love with this venue! It's gorgeously restored and historic, and the details are impeccable. My guests were beyond impressed (and still talking about it). Sarah and her staff were fantastic. As an out-of-state bride I was incredibly nervous about finding vendors, but Sarah had a whole packet of information and vendors that she recommended in the area. She was so helpful and passionate about what she does. The venue itself is so photogenic and has a little something for everyone. Our guests loved the bar and lounge area, especially when the dancing started; those who wanted to mingle could play pool or enjoy the lounge while the party raged in the ballroom. There was perfect spot for our Photo Booth, and because the venue is so polished we didn't have to do a ton of decorating. I am so glad we chose The Silver Fox.
    My only concern was that a lot of our boxed left over food disappeared during the reception and the staff wasn't able to locate it, and my guests reported that their drinks were cleared off tables before they were finished (which meant we went through more alcohol than necessary). I'm sure the staff just wanted to be efficient about clearing empties so I guess they just did their job too well.

Sent on 12/03/2017