The Sheraton Gunter Hotel Reviews

55 Reviews for The Sheraton Gunter Hotel

1 User photo

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel 1

Gabrielle Olbrei · Getting married on 11/01/2020

Beautiful place perfect price!

Our wedding is set for 11/1/2020! Im writing this review to help others in their venue search. David was amazing and very helpful it was either them or The Menger very beautiful hotels and a very hard choice! At the end of the day David knew the budget we wanted to make our dream wedding happen and did just that! He even closed us less than expected (after taxes and all). This venue is one you dont want to miss all included as well!

Sent on 10/25/2019

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel's reply:

Gabrielle, it was a pleasure meeting you and Jonathan! And, your family as well. I am very happy it all worked out. We thank you for the business ! Now, we start planning your very special day! Best and thank you. David
  • Kirsten

Kirsten · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing experience from start to finish

I could write a novel about how seamless and perfect the Sheraton Gunter was for our wedding. First and foremost, EVERYONE: David (wedding coordinator), front desk receptionists, valet, were all exceptional! The transition from Tina (former wedding coordinator) to David Puente was nothing but easy. The Sheraton went above and beyond for our family during our planning process. They were all so helpful and amazing. Now the day of our wedding was magical. The Crystal ballroom was my exact vision for our wedding. The servers were all so kind and attentive. Everything was just what I hoped it would be. Now lastly, why I would recommend the Sheraton Gunter to any upcoming bride out there is my husband forgot in the honeymoon suite an envelope of A LOT of money (cash and check). The next day we called and they were able to find it. We were thinking it will probably be either an empty envelope or just the checks. To our surprise, EVERYTHING was in there. So that just shows the Sheraton Gunter have an amazing staff from every department. We loved our experience with the Sheraton Gunter and cannot recommend them and David Puente enough!

Sent on 11/25/2019

Haley · Married on 12/08/2018

The Sheraton Gunter is breathtaking and tailored exactly to my wedding needs. It is also in such an ideal location for out of town guests and parking. I could not be more satisfied with the exceptional service I received and continue to receive from Tina G. and her team. They've seen us through every step of the way. Most importantly, Tina made my finance and I feel as if we were the only couple celebrating at the Sheraton this year. Such a professional and experienced team - cannot say enough!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Haley,

Thank you for the kind words. it was a absolute pleasure to work with you!

Emily · Married on 04/14/2018

Tina, who is the coordinator, is amazing. i cannot say enough about this hotel and the staff. Tina went above and beyond for us making sure everything was taken care of. I highly recommend her and this hotel!! I booked the venue for April and she made sure everything would be set up and be absolutely perfect for the big day. She new what I needed for the wedding before I knew what all I needed to do. They more than accommodated my everyday need.

Sent on 01/09/2018

Lizzy · Married on 12/29/2017

Tina and her team are the best in the business. They make sure that your special day is everything you dream of. If my husband and I could do our wedding again, we would not hesitate for a second to have the opportunity and privilege to work with the Sheraton Gunter and Tina again.

Sent on 01/20/2018

Babett · Married on 11/18/2017

The Sheraton Gunter was the perfect venue for our wedding. It was everything I wanted and more. The ballroom was the perfect size and I loved having the terrace for the cocktail hour. The food was delicious, and the service was great. The best part was our coordinator Tina Gonzalez. I could not have done it without her. She was always quick to reply and a great source of knowledge of other vendors in the area. She definitely helped to make our weekend so enjoyable and stress free!

Sent on 12/28/2017

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel's reply:

Babett, it was a pleasure to work with you too!

Heather · Married on 10/28/2017

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel was absolutely amazing. Not only was the location beautiful but the food was fabulous, and the service was absolutely wonderful. They exceeded every expectation we had. Tina was beyond incredible coordinating everything so my husband and I were able to enjoy the day and when we had a vendor crisis with our DJ being MIA over an hour after the time that he was supposed to be there Tina took the initiative and found us a back up option just in case taking on the stress to herself not allowing it to affect us. She told us in the beginning of this process that we would not want to let her go after this was all over and she is absolutely right. I can not say enough good things honestly. I could not imagine it any better. Thanks to Tina and the Sheraton Gunter Hotel my wedding day was truly magical!!!!

Heather,

Thank you so much for choosing the Sheraton Gunter! it was such a pleasure to work with you and Chris !

Christopher · Married on 10/28/2017

When my wife and I first started looking for a venue, we called and left messages to over 10 places. Tina from the Sheraton Gunter was the only one to call us back right away. After meeting with Tina, and looking at the venue, we were sold! The staff was unbelievably amazing, the hotel is beautiful, and words cannot describe how gorgeous the venue was. My wife and I got compliments after compliments on how fabulous everything was. You will never have to stress or worry about your wedding, Tina and the staff at the Sheraton Gunter take care of everything with five star service.

Chris,
    Thank you for a wonderful review. working with you and Heather was such a pleasure! we look forward to seeing you on your 1 year anniversary.

Suzanne · Married on 10/21/2017

We were so pleased with the service we received from the moment we selected the Gunter Hotel as our venue through the day of our wedding. Tina Gonzalez was awesome in catering to our needs, offering suggestions, and really personalizing our experience. The waitstaff that night was attentive and on point, food was delicious and the ballroom was amazing. Our wedding party and our guests had a great evening and what a wonderful experience to celebrate with family. Thank you for your professionalism and meeting our needs.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Suzanne,
    Thank you for the kind words. Working with you and Armando was amazing.

Kriztella · Married on 07/29/2017

Tina Gonzales was incredibly reliable, creative, organized, and great to work with. She made sure that the vendors were on task. The entire staff worked well and professionally.

Our event was wonderful!

Kriztella,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. it was such a honor to work with you , Pablo & Kimberly!

Lisa · Married on 07/08/2017

I cannot say enough about the Sheraton Gunter Hotel and their in-house wedding coordinator, Tina. You cannot make a better choice having your wedding at this beautiful hotel. The decor is just breath taking! Being a wedding coordinator is not just about getting the guests fed or making sure rooms are booked as there are a million tiny details to take care of that make a huge difference. We never had to ask for anything as she anticipated our every need. The wedding was for my daughter who had medically gone through so much in her life and Tina took in all in stride with understanding and tact, using her polished skill set. Tina is an angel who goes above and beyond. Her knowledge, attention to detail, and dedication are just amazing. Tina, you were calm and reassuring, patient and encouraging and will never forget all that you did for us.

Sent on 01/16/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/17/2017

When I visited the Gunter Hotel I fell in love with the location. The Elegant 2nd floor ballroom was beautiful and the staircase, over look to the lobby, and terrace sunroom added the romance I was looking for in a venue. But perhaps the best part and the major selling point was the service. Going into my wedding planning I was very nervous I would get overwhelmed but after I met Tina I knew my wedding was in great hands. She helped me build my dream wedding even down to changing the color of my uplighting at the last minute.

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel 2
    Sent on 06/06/2018

jimena · Married on 05/12/2017

AMAZING! Tina is the absolute best ! She made sure our day was perfect ! Would highly recommend this venue to all brides and grooms!

Sent on 07/27/2017

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review.it was such a pleasure to work with you!

Brian · Married on 04/22/2017

Tina and the whole Sheraton Gunter family was absolutely amazing. My now wife and I had a blast and are still hearing about the fun everyone had. Our wedding was at the end of April. Tina was there every step of the way. During the wedding, Tina, the food staff, and the wait staff killed it. They were 100% on point. We highly recommend this location and staff for everyone we meet who is planning an event. Thank you all so much for all the work you did to make our special day amazing.

Sent on 08/03/2017

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I truly appreciate the time you took to write this. Congrats again to you both #forthewinn

Jessica · Married on 02/11/2017

Tina is amazing! Our wedding is 2/11/2017 and just starting planning so we are rushing a bit to find everything we need and Tina has been so much help! I did not need to find a wedding planner cause Tina helped me with pretty much anything I needed! Not to mention the hotel its self is very beautiful and historic and modern!

Sent on 07/25/2016

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel's reply:

Thank you Jessica! it was wonderful working with you too.

Sudheer · Married on 12/23/2016

Everything was perfect. There is was no need to tell specifically, everything was taken care in a professional way.

Sent on 01/09/2017

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Many blessed years of Marriage
  • U

Ugo · Married on 11/19/2016

Tina Gonzales makes everything magical. She is flexible, accommodating, and highly efficient. The service we received was very outstanding. We look forward to planning our anniversaries with Tina and Sheraton

Sent on 12/18/2016

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review.

J · Married on 11/12/2016

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel is the perfect setting for your special day. The entire staff goes out of their way to give you and your guests the VIP treatment. By the time we left, we felt like family. I could not say enough kind words about Tina Gonzalez, the onsite wedding specialist. She was absolutely amazing from start to finish. She loves what she does and it's quite evident. The ballroom is beautiful! Our guests enjoyed a delicious dinner prepared by Chef Jennifer and her team. We really wanted our guests to be well taken care of and they certainly were. The Gunter hotel is now our home away from home. We wouldn't think about staying anywhere else when in the area. I wish we could relive this experience over and over.

Sent on 11/23/2016

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel's reply:

I was so thrilled I was able to be a part of your day. Thank you for leaving such kind words. Always remember we are here for you!

Salimah · Married on 10/24/2016

Tina and her team were fabulous! Our event was everything we envisioned and more!

Sent on 02/11/2018

Sadie · Married on 08/13/2016

This venue was perfect for us. We had our ceremony and reception here and were blown away. The hotel itself is beautiful and is a great crowd pleaser because of its history and elegance. Tina Gonzales was there for every step. She let us meet with her multiple times before the wedding and always responded to emails promptly. When we went in the terrace the day before it was so hot. We were sweating and were the only ones in there. Tina immediately got the air turned on and huge industrial coolers. Sure enough, the next day was hot as can be but the terrace felt nice and cool, thanks to Tina. There were so many other things we asked for and every time the answer was "yes, we can do that."
    The only complaints I received from our guests were that the serving staff was stingy with the potatoes at the potato bar and the bartender was rude.

Overall my husband and I were in awe over how beautiful and wonderful our wedding was. Thank you Sheraton Gunter!!!

Sent on 08/29/2016

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel's reply:

Thank you for leaving such kind words. it was such a pleasure working with and your family.

This is a great place to have your wedding - very elegant and the staff is awesome and helpful.

Sent on 07/07/2016

Sarah · Married on 06/11/2016

Tina (the wedding coordinator) was extremely helpful the whole way through. She understood us, she was friendly, she answered all of our emails and phone calls. Somewhere in the beginning I mentioned my love of pickles and at our private dinner before the reception, she made sure I had extra pickles on my plate! The day of, everyone (at the hotel) came together to fix a little problem that we were having with the bridal room; they were so accommodating to our needs. During the reception, Tina even went to check on my puppy to make sure she was okay (it was Tina's idea)! Everyone at the Gunther was friendly, kind and attentive to all the guests (especially to our parents). It was perfect. It was the perfect weekend at a perfect place. <3

Sent on 07/19/2016

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel's reply:

it was a honor to be a part of your day. Thank you for leaving such kind words

lorraine · Married on 10/24/2015

We had our wedding October 2015 and I couldn't believe how amazing everything went!
    We had been looking for a venue for both ceremony and reception, and the Gunter hotel was absolutely perfect! We worked with Tina Gonzales and she was truly amazing. Every question was answered, not one email was ignored. She made sure all my worries were taken care of. The day of the wedding i just couldn't believe how AMAZING she was!! She took care of the details every bride worries about. It rained, streets were flooded, some changes had to be made on the day of but she made sure everything was fixed and taken care of. And it was perfect! Tina and Mustafa made sure my husband and I were taken good care of all night. From drinks to dinner to the cake! The Hotel alone is a beautiful place. It's gorgeous!
    A beautiful place with amazing staff! Can't get any better!

Sent on 04/04/2016

Priscilla · Married on 06/25/2015

When my husband and I first started to look at reception venues we weren't going to look at hotels however we are so happy and pleased that we did. Aside from the fact that the Gunter Sheraton Hotel is absolutely gorgeous, we received exceptional service from Tina, Mustafa and the rest of the hotel staff. The day of the wedding we did not have to worry about anything because Tina took excellent care of us. We had our (180 person) reception, cocktail hour, and rehearsal dinner there and we are extremely satisfied with the quality of food and service we received. Since we got married on a week day we were able to take advantage of the many beautiful spots the hotel has to offer. Our cocktail hour was on the terrace over looking the Majestic Theatre and our reception was in the Crystal Ballroom. Everything went on as planned and everyone that we worked with at the hotel was extremely helpful and accommodating. We are beyond happy that our special day could take place in such a beautiful and historical place in San Antonio. Tina, Mustafa and the Gunter Sheraton staff made our day that much more special and we are so glad that we did go with them for our Wedding day venue.

Sent on 07/11/2015

Nadia · Married on 11/08/2014

My wedding was held at the Gunter on 11/08/14 and it was amazing, fun, and beautiful. They took care of everything, from the tables with linens to the food, from day one we fell in love with Stacy, our onsite coordinator, she has excellent customer service, listens to your needs and shares awesome ideas with you.
    While planning our event and even days before the wedding Stacy would reply back within an hour whenever we would email her and was always so nice if we needed to make a change. The Gunter is beautiful, has a very nice scenery, great food and is in a great location, the whole staff on the night of the wedding provided excellent customer service. It is a historic hotel with modern updates, all the rooms reserved for us were booked and everyone enjoyed their stay just as much as we did. We had a blast, if I can relive that night I would, it was so beautiful, we received so many compliments of how gorgeous everything was. I chose this place because it's a beautiful hotel, located in downtown, offered great wedding packages, and then when meeting Stacy we knew we made a great choice. I definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a classic San Antonio wedding in the heart of downtown.

Sent on 11/18/2014

The Sheraton Gunter Hotel's reply:

Nadia, Thank you so much. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write this.