The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort Reviews

The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort 6
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort 7

Marjorie · Married on 06/15/2019

Wedding at Shawnee Inn

Our wedding was June 15th and we held it in the Courtyard off the Delaware Room of Shawnee Inn. It was a wonderful day and we had our perfect "I Do" BBQ. Everyone said the ceremony and party was beautiful and the food was wonderful! A great big thanks goes out to Tabitha and Jasmine and all the staff that helped us on that day. Could not ask for a more perfect setting! Thanks You goes out to the Staff!

Sent on 07/03/2019
    The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort 8
    The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort 9
    The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort 10
    The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort 11

The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort's reply:

Thank you Marjorie! It was a beautiful day and you were a beautiful bride! I'm so glad the weather held out for you and you got the wedding day you dreamed of!
    ---Tabitha
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 10/14/2018

We're in love with the Shawnee Inn

I can not begin to express how wonderful our wedding was at the Shawnee Inn.

Working with Tabitha was a dream-- she answered every email and phone call with great detail to ensure that we were on the same page. From the very start I knew that I would absolutely love working with her. She was always willing to listen to my ideas and offer suggestions based on what other couples had done in the past. On the day of the team was tremendous. When we arrived the day before we walked through our decorations and where we wanted everything placed. I found it helpful to include a full inventory list with pictures of items. When we walked into each of our event spaces (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) it was clear that it was all done with great care. We chose to extend our party to the hotel bar for an afterparty. Between the bar and the firepit, there were plenty of places for friends to socialize well into the night.

We turned our wedding into a full weekend event and there was plenty of space to do our rehearsal dinner, wedding day, and post-wedding breakfast. Their affordable prices and excellent customer service made it all a breeze to plan and execute. I felt really lucky to have a venue where we loved our plan A, B, and C for the wedding ceremony should it have rained. The area between the trees, the pavilion, and the patio are each gorgeous options. There was also no shortage of potential photo locations!

Our friends and family loved being on site for the weekend. We had friends staying at both the Inn and the Wyndham properties nearby. The Wyndham’s were perfect for groups of friends and family at affordable rates. We specified which villages people should reserve in and it led to everyone being within walking distance of one another. It kept the party going! I stayed in the Worthington suite and it was totally worth the spend. It was the perfect location for the bridal party to get ready in. We had friends and family participate in the daily activities that Shawnee offers, the coffee shop on site was key, the brewery was great for bridal party partners while the bridesmaids were getting ready, and a few friends went golfing!

If I could do it all again (which I would in a heartbeat) I would absolutely choose the Shawnee Inn. It was the perfect location for our beautiful day!

Sent on 05/13/2019
    The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort 16
    The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort 17
    The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort 18

Karen · Married on 09/29/2017

Our daughters wedding was beautiful at Shawnee Inn. They handled everything on the wedding day so we could enjoy the day!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Emma · Married on 06/17/2017

In reflecting on the wedding planning process, I think that the most important decision to be made is selecting the wedding venue. We didn’t realize it at the time, but deciding to have our wedding at Shawnee would turn out to be THE BEST decision we ever made. First and foremost, the venue is BEAUTIFUL. Our guests were blown away by the ceremony site and the entire grounds. However, we knew the second we visited Shawnee that it was breathtakingly beautiful. It really felt as though it was a magical storybook wedding ceremony and we have gotten an incredible number of compliments with regard to picking Shawnee. Secondly, it is possible (and we definitely recommend) to do every wedding weekend activity at Shawnee. We decided to have our rehearsal dinner at the brewery (it was SO GREAT), a bonfire out at a cabin the night before the wedding with s’mores galore, breakfast the day before and after the wedding, and the after party also at the brewery. Everything was perfect and all we could think the entire time was “This is SO amazing.” Really, it was just SO perfect.
    Furthermore, Shawnee made it feel as though we did not only celebrate a day and a special marriage, but also an entire weekend and the love of our family and friends as well. Not to mention, Tabitha (the wedding director/coordinator at Shawnee) is a goddess sent to this planet to make wedding days run smoothly and easily. We would be remiss without mentioning her greatness. WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE TABITHA and partially wish we could take her home to organize and smoothly run our lives as well. Tabitha is sweet, down to earth, easy to talk to, and full of great ideas. Additionally, she is organized and - put bluntly - DAMN GOOD at her job. She deserves a thousand pats on the back and a million dollar raise for the amazing work she does at Shawnee. She is and was amazing. Seriously, we have no bad things to say about Shawnee - it is an incredible venue for a wedding and...we almost wish we could do it again!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Joni · Married on 10/10/2015

All of our guest loved the venue and setting of the Shawnee. Simone provided excellent service and preferred vendors. Her preferred vendors are outstanding and together they work well and made our day effortless. The staff, salon and servers did a fantastic job too!

Sent on 10/23/2015

SHANE · Married on 06/29/2015

Absolutely first-class establishment. Could not be happier with every level of service. From the planning phase, in which Wedding Coordinator, Simone Colon was INSTRUMENTAL. Executive Chef, Rodney put together an OUTSTANDING tasting, and a dinner that was OUT-OF-SIGHT! You couldn't find a better, more picturesque, pristine location if you searched from the Atlantic to the Pacific across this great country of ours. The staff was positive and enthusiastic, and made me, my bride, my friends and my family feel like they wanted us to have the time of our lives and we did just that. Top things off with a big bed, a big room, and a HUGE recovery breakfast the next day. If you're looking for a venue and team to put your event together, save yourself some trouble. Call Simone. Book a date. And let Simone and her team do the rest. You will never regret the decision and you will be ecstatic about the results.

Sent on 07/06/2015

SHANE · Married on 06/29/2015

HANDS DOWN THE BEST DECISION I EVER MADE...(after marrying my wife, of course :). If you are looking for a dream-come-true destination wedding, choose the Shawnee Inn. The river is pristine. They have golf. The food is OUTSTANDING (and I live in Manhattan, so I KNOW good food). Simone Colon should be your first-and-last stop for event planners. Trust me when I say that when it comes to weddings, she knows everything. We booked with Shawnee, hired Simone, used Mallory Delong Photography, Victor June Media, Kristian Golick Fims, the Devin Albrecht band and DJ, and Simone and the priest handled the rest. You're wasting your time if you're looking for a better venue or staff or value. Shawnee Inn is it. We will do our big anniversaries there too. Couldn't be happier!

Sent on 11/08/2015

David · Married on 11/02/2014

Simone and Shawnee Inn made my wedding a true dream come true!! I couldn't have asked for anything more!!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Very accommodating for a last minute wedding. Simone was great and so was the staff. Will definitely have other parties there!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Chrissy · Married on 08/16/2014

Shawnee is a beautiful place for a wedding. The grounds are very well kept and the background for the wedding is absolutely amazing. We were married outside between the trees along the river and had the reception in the River Sanctuary which is also along the river.

The wedding coordinator, Simone, is exceptional and helped to make our day the best it could possibly be. She was very friendly and accommodating while very professional. She responded quickly and always had an open mind for our requests. She was up front about what can/can't be done and what she would do to help us with all of our requests. She also ensured that there was no activity on the lawn during the ceremony.

The food was amazing and there was always a drink when I wanted one. The bartenders and servers were friendly and provided excellent service (especially Katherine who was charged with attending us). Everyone that we encountered at Shawnee was pleasant and helpful.

I would highly recommend Shawnee for a wedding and will be coming back every year!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Julie · Married on 07/27/2014

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Shawnee on July 27, 2014. Everything about it was PERFECT! We were just thrilled. The ceremony location was stunning. Our reception was held in the Delaware room - which had an ideal set up/configuration for the cocktail reception, dinner and dancing. Simone and the entire staff were incredibly helpful and accommodating. We highly recommend this venue!!!!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Emily · Married on 06/28/2014

Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort is a fantastic venue to have your wedding. We were very pleased with the service, beautiful scenery, and overall had a wonderful time. Simone, Shawnee's wedding sales manager, is top-notch and very fun and pleasant to work with. She made our experience one to treasure for a lifetime. The rooms at Shawnee are comfortable and rustic, with a very at-home feel. The views of the Delaware River are breathtaking, and if your ceremony/cocktail hour is outside, you will be very pleased. We also utilized the taproom, which was a fun hangout for guests, and the River Sanctuary is a gorgeous place for a rehearsal dinner. My husband and I are extremely happy we went with Shawnee as our venue!!!

Sent on 07/08/2014
  • F

Chris · Married on 06/27/2014

Simone was GREAT and helped us make the day exactly what we wanted. We had mixed reviews about the food but The Venue and the Scenery and the Open Bar made up for that. Also cheaper than alot of other places in the area.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Megan · Married on 06/13/2014

Our wedding at Shawnee was completely perfect. We received nothing but compliments from our guests. From the beginning of the process, Simone was an angel. She kept my anxious mind very at peace, telling that anything we wanted was possible. We were allowed to decorate as much as we wanted in the grand ballroom, (which was already beautiful to begin with), which was a great surprise because many venues were against hanging lights and things of that matter. The actual ceremony itself was on the porch due to rain, but to be honest I think the porch wedding made the whole wedding even more beautiful. The food was really great, all of our guests were extremely pleased. The chef was completely flexible with choice options. Overall, everything was perfect and it was a fairytale day for me.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Susan · Married on 05/31/2014

In general, we were very pleased with our Shawnee Inn wedding. Our only complaint was that with two other weddings going on that day and one at nearly the same time as ours, Simone had to spread herself very thin.
    We couldn't find her when we wanted to thank her and her intern and tip Simone.

Sent on 06/05/2014
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/16/2014

Look no further for your perfect wedding/reception venue. You absolutely cannot beat all that you get from Shawnee Inn for the price that you pay.
    First off, the location is gorgeous. The inn sits along the Delaware River with a beautiful outdoor location for weddings. But a big plus for me was the alternate location in case of rain. It is a lovely veranda on the front of the building that has a view of the property and the river. So many venues I looked at had an extremely poor rainy day option. It was so important to me that my alternative be just as fantastic as the outdoor sunny day option. And thank goodness I found Shawnee because it poured all day and we still had a beautiful outdoor wedding on the veranda.
    That's not even the best part! Simone, their wedding specialist, is a huge perk that comes with having a wedding at Shawnee. From the first conversation with Simone she was very accommodating, helpful, attentive, and responsive all while being very calm and professional. She’s the perfect person to have as a wedding coordinator. No matter what happened, (including the florist getting into a car accident on the way to Shawnee and being late) she was cool, calm, collective and assured me that it was going to be fine. And everything was better than fine, it was superb! She's a wedding rockstar!
    Everything else was awesome too. The reception room we were in was beautiful and the perfect size for our small wedding, the food was great, and the staff was extremely courteous. I honestly have never in my life received the kind of service my husband and I got at our reception. They were there as soon as we needed or wanted anything, sometimes before we even realized it!
    Since the wedding I have gotten nothing but complements from all of my friends and family about Shawnee and how beautiful they thought everything was. I cannot say enough about how great Shawnee and Simone are and I know I could not have picked a more outstanding venue to have my wedding.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Caitlin · Married on 04/26/2014

This was the perfect venue for my husband and me! The wedding planner answered all out questions in a timely manner and she was extremely nice! All of our guests had a great time. We are very happy with this venue and plan to go back!

Sent on 05/09/2014

Raina · Married on 03/29/2014

Everything was perfect. Shawnee was more than accommodating. Great value as well!

Sent on 04/03/2014

Cheryl · Married on 03/15/2014

I came to the vendors with my own ideas, including a whole new menu selection for dinner and everyone was so very accommodating with all my requests, without any hesitation.

Sent on 03/27/2014

Our wedding planner was great. She had lots of experience and her staff did an excellent job setting up our wedding. Would definitely recommend them to anyone interested in having their wedding at the shawnee inn.

Sent on 02/18/2014

Nicole · Married on 11/02/2013

My husband and I walked away from our wedding with a feeling of perfection! The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort was a beautiful backdrop for our amazing wedding. Simone, the wedding coordinator, was in touch with us from the day we booked the venue. She walked us through the entire year. We had so many questions that she was always happy to answer. She also guided us to add details to personalize our entire weekend; like a bonfire instead of a rehearsal dinner and changing the cocktail hour menu to fit our needs. I highly recommend Shawnee if you are looking for a peaceful setting that will allow your guests to enjoy the experience just as much as the bride and groom. So many of our guests told us they can't wait to go back and visit Shawnee to celebrate their own special events!

Sent on 12/27/2013

Michelle · Married on 10/19/2013

We had our wedding this past weekend at Shawnee Inn and it was amazing! The staff was punctual and courteous - even to the point where the catering manager made sure the groom and I remembered to eat and kept our food warm for us. Our wedding guests had a great time and we had nothing but compliments. The fall colors matched our wedding colors perfectly and everything was simply beautiful.

Simone Colon truly is the BEST wedding coordinator. She made sure everything was in the correct place and set up everything for us the day of the wedding - leaving less stress on the bride for sure. Any changes that needed to be made, Simone was quick to respond. She was helpful and gave us suggestions for things we may have forgotten and helped us come up with solutions to make sure the wedding weekend was successful. I couldn't have asked for a more memorable or better celebration.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Jennifer · Married on 10/19/2013

Simone and her staff were amazing! Responsive to all requests, extremely helpful. Beautiful location for ceremony and reception. Provided list of preferred vendors, but there was no pressure to use them. Great value for the money. Was expecting to pay nearly twice what I paid. Not a single negative thing to say!

Sent on 03/21/2014

Latoya/Kareem · Married on 08/01/2013

Breathtakingly beautiful! Both my husband and I are nature lovers and the scenic view had us in awe. The trip from New York is short and an easy get away. The staff was very accommodating and we will definitely be back.

Sent on 08/04/2013