The Sepulveda Home Reviews

The Sepulveda Home 5
The Sepulveda Home 6
The Sepulveda Home 7

Amy · Married on 05/19/2018

My husband and I fell in love with this venue the moment we walked past the driveway. It was the perfect balance of feeling intimate (think: a family member's beautiful backyard) while being spacious and artfully decorated (mystical greenery, easy movement flow from ceremony to reception to bar). You can tell that much love and thought went into designing this stunning venue.

We worked with Sara from beginning to end, and she was so caring, knowledgeable, attentive to details, and easy to trust!

Moreover, after seeing many corporate venues who charged extra fees for every little detail, it was such a breath of fresh air to have Sara proactively provide a quote that was inclusive of everything (taxes, fees, etc.) Though seemingly a minor detail, it left quite an impression on me and my husband and indicated to us the values that reflect how Sara and her family approach their clients. We greatly appreciated this!

What an honor to have spent our wedding day at the Sepulveda Home. Sara, thank you, your mom, and your family for everything!

Sent on 08/06/2018
    The Sepulveda Home 8
    The Sepulveda Home 9

Melissa · Married on 11/03/2017

I could not be more willing to write this review for the Sepulveda Home! First of all, we had our wedding reception at the beautiful home last November and it was also a destination wedding for us so I was obviously anxious at first about the planning since I was doing everything site unseen. Our special day was also planned in a matter of 4 months (5 month engagement) so there was that on top of it, too. However, Sara completely put me at ease and thought of EVERYTHING/had so many awesome ideas!! She is amazing!! Our reception turned out absolutely perfect and became everything we dreamed of and more. So many of our friends said it was hands down the best event they have been to and the coolest location (and I agree) :). Also, we decided to book the jazz band through the home and they killed it. Having the jazz band totally completed the ambience and I would highly recommend booking them! They played our requested first dance song "At Last" and it turned out to be so special and beautiful. We also were very happy with the pricing and the catering. As no surprise, so many of our guests said it was the best wedding food they have had and the food also surpassed my hubby's and I's expectations. This bride here had a heaping plate! Overall, everyone was so relaxed since it felt like your family's backyard and since the staff were so welcoming and special. The communication throughout the process was smooth and you'll find Sara taking care of your guests and the bride and groom from start to end. She was even taking polaroids with our camera of our guests throughout the night and giving them home tours and making sure our drinks were replenished ;). You will not regret booking with the Sepulveda Home.

Sent on 01/24/2018
    The Sepulveda Home 10
    The Sepulveda Home 11
    The Sepulveda Home 12
    The Sepulveda Home 13
    The Sepulveda Home 14
    The Sepulveda Home 15

Bryttany · Married on 05/06/2017

Sara was sooo amazing!!! My wedding was super small and she still came through and went above and beyond my expectations! She was willing to work with us when I had surprise guests attend my wedding the day of (my mom, brother and sister, all of which I thought were unable to attend) and the day turned out even more spectacular! The venue was so beautiful and the guitarist was perfect! thank you again for making this special day so memorable for my husband and I! I definitely recommend The Sepulveda Home!!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Kitty · Married on 08/28/2016

We were looking for an intimate, vintage, and outdoor setting for our wedding reception of less than 50 people and the Sepulveda Home was the dream place. The inside of the home was very beautiful as well. Sara the wedding coordinator was extremely helpful and responsive to my emails, texts and phone calls from the very beginning. She has tons of experience and was very accommodating. She also took care of the centerpieces, linens, chairs, and all the other little things that took a huge load off my mind. On wedding day she was there to make sure everything ran smoothly. Thank you Sara!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/10/2015

I got married here in October 2015 and it was wonderful. They gave us the wedding of our dreams. The place is magical and Sara and her staff make everything easy! The setting is so beautiful, both my husband and I wanted to get married outside. They are incredibly organized and go through the event in detail beforehand, with great communication and they made everything I wanted happen. The night of our wedding, they kept to the timetable and all went off without a hitch. We had about 70 people and a 5 piece band. The space is intimate but also has different areas for guests to congregate in the bar area, dance floor, alter, tables. They had asked for all the decor and pieces I was bringing ahead of time and set it up exactly how I wanted. There was literally no work for me to do the day of (aside from the paper flower wall I constructed which they let me come early to do it before I got ready.) From beginning to end, it was the best experience and I highly recommend it to any couple looking for something more intimate. I didn't have a wedding planner and with Sara, certainly didn't need one. Also, I took her suggestion not to have flowers since the backyard is so lush and they have beautiful centerpieces which took a load off our budget and was not missed at all.

Sent on 03/09/2016

We will be having our wedding here in September so I will have to update this review but so far I have nothing but glowing, positive things to say about this venue and the staff. My fiancé and I fell in love with the Sepulveda Home at first sight. This venue is beautiful AND different. This will not be your run of the mill wedding, this is not a banquet hall or the outdoor garden wedding, this is somehow awesome southern magic in CA. It is gorgeous and an experience for you and your guests, it also isn't run like your "normal" wedding so the flow is changed up and a little different which is really refreshing as well.

The coordinator/planner Sara is amazing. She is friendly, responsive and cares so much about every detail of your wedding like it is her own. She takes care of everything and is an wealth of knowledge and a fantastic resource. She is also the best person to help you calm down when you have reached your breaking point and she does all of this because she loves making you and your day the BEST DAY EVER"

As I said I haven't yet had my wedding, but I am so excited. If you want to have an experience, check out the Sepulveda home, you won't be sorry you did. In fact, I promise you will be pleasantly surprised and you may even fall in love, again.

Sent on 05/03/2015

Angela · Married on 05/24/2015

Sara and her team (Andrea and day of coordinator help Bridget) gave us the perfect wedding, and working with her has been an absolute delight and pleasure from touring the venue to the wedding night. Perfect. The highlight of our experience was our wedding day - Sara and Bridget directed everything flawlessly there was never an opportunity for us to worry about a thing. The Sepulveda Home was the only venue that had it all “set up” when we went to take a look - Sara recommended we come in the evening to see the lights and how it looks in the evening and had jazz music playing softly in the background - we were sold immediately from the classy and intimate atmosphere in the green lush venue. She has been friendly throughout the process and offers opinions and helps weigh pros and cons on colors, linens, decor, anything. Sara is a very positive, friendly, welcoming host who clearly loves the venue. During and after, our guests kept gushing over how unique and beautiful this venue was for our wedding. The venue was a "social garden" that encourages movement throughout the venue, and the bar is rustic and classy, with cigars for purchase in a case, wine barrels, exposed wood, and a trellis overhang that has grapevines growing above. The ceremony area has a huge sweeping pepper tree and during our May 24 wedding with ceremony starting at 5:55pm (originally at 5:30 but guests were still trickling in), the sun was just filtering through the leaves for perfect light. So many perfect things: the balcony overlooking the San Pedro pier for toasts, the retro espresso machine next to the cake serving corner wafting the intoxicating smell in the evening, the included linens, assorted chandeliers centerpieces, chiavari chairs in the price. What's more, as of our booking Sara and team only does 10 weddings a year, so we didn’t have to clash with other brides who may be preparing for an event during the same time or even the same weekend. Perfection!!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Remy · Married on 02/28/2015

It was such a wonderful experience to have our engagement shoot on location at The Sepulveda Home. The staff treated us with such kindness. Susan, the owner, was a delight and welcomed us with such warmth. The venue itself it so unique and beautiful. It was a great setting for having pictures taken. There were so many pleasant little suprises in the details of the decor. The gardens are great. So much green. It was so nice to walk through. Overall I would definitely recommend this location for anyone looking to have a special photoshoot done. It's a one of a kind space for sure!

Sent on 03/09/2015

Heidi · Married on 06/07/2014

AMAZING!!! If I only had to choose one word to describe the Sepulveda Home venue and my wedding experience that would be it - amazing. From the first time that I met with Sara and she showed me the home I fell in love with it. I knew this was it! I loved the historical elegance and the magical atmosphere that the garden area embodied. We received so many complements from our guests about how beautiful and unique our venue was. Not only is the Sepulveda Home beautiful, warm, and inviting, but Sara and her staff were incredibly professional and on top of every detail. Sara also recommended our DJ to us and he was absolutely amazing as well. From the moment that we arrived before the ceremony to the sparkler send off, every second was perfectly amazing. My husband and I wanted to have a small intimate garden wedding and this exceeded our greatest expectations!!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue and Sara and her staff. I couldn't imagine having my wedding anywhere else. Thank you to Sara and everyone at the Sepulveda Home for making our wedding day unforgettable!

Sent on 07/29/2014
  • Marisa

Marisa · Married on 05/03/2014

Our wedding at the Sepulveda Home was nothing short of perfect. And I don't use that descriptor lightly. We looked at many locations, but this one spoke to us the moment we walked in: the vintage style, the beauty of the home and garden, the care that has been lavished on this 1929 home, and the fact that I have many family connections to the neighborhood...as well as their ability to accommodate our wedding of about 100 people. Weddings are never inexpensive, but the cost was also very reasonable, all things considered.

Sara was so helpful and attentive throughout the whole planning process, always being available to answer questions. She handled all the rentals and wrangled the caterers for us, and despite some initial road bumps in the catering department (which Sara dealt with immediately for us), the final result was absolutely wonderful. I made all my plans, put together my decor, gathered the bar supplies, dropped it all off at the house, and Sara and her team worked their magic. Everything was set up to perfection, just as I'd envisioned, if not better, the evening ran smoothly, and the food and cocktails were fantastic. I've had nothing but compliments from guests over the last few days, saying it was the best wedding meal they have ever had, as well as the most beautiful, personal, and elegant wedding they have ever attended. I can't disagree.

We wanted a day that was elegant and fun, but not over the top: beautiful surroundings, the people we love, but none of the weddings "extras" like games, announcing the wedding party, twenty long speeches, or a loud DJ. The Sepulveda home accommodated our wishes, again, perfectly. It was so tasteful and so enjoyable and I did not have to worry about a thing.
    Sara and Juliet were always on hand to guide us to where we had to be or make sure we got sparkling water, or a glass of wine, or a moment to ourselves.

We couldn't be happier with our choice and how our wedding day turned out!!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Kolleen · Married on 04/19/2014

We feel so glad that we chose to work with Sara and have our wedding at The Sepulveda Home. We knew that we did not want to have our wedding at a hotel or a reception hall, so we were looking specifically for a unique, intimate and romantic venue, preferably with a vintage vibe. The Sepulveda Home was the perfect match!

The home itself is absolutely gorgeous. Our photographers went nuts, and the pictures could be a spread in Vogue. The outdoor space, where the wedding is held, offers many little nooks and special areas for your guests to discover.

Sara, the wedding coordinator, was absolutely the best part of the experience. We booked the venue nearly a year in advance, and we were in contact the entire time. No question was too small, and in fact, I often received a response within an hour. She was open to anything I wanted to do to personalize the day, but she had a clear vision of what would work and what wouldn't. There were some things that I really had no opinion on, so I passed those things onto her without hesitation. One of our vendors was not the easiest to deal with, and at a certain point I became frustrated and basically passed them off to Sara to handle. I was honest with Sara about my experience, and she assured me that everything would be fine on the day of the wedding, which it was. However, she is no longer going to use that service, so no need for others to worry.
    The day of our wedding went smoothly from start to finish. If anything came up, it wasn't brought to my attention, which I really appreciated.

Overall, you must see The Sepulveda Home in person to decide if it is the right venue for you. If you want 400 people in a hotel ballroom, this is not going to work for you. But if you want a charming, romantic, intimate event with a great staff, I'd highly recommend this place!

Sent on 05/04/2014

Janina · Married on 10/20/2013

This is a gorgeous venue for smaller intimate weddings. The house is gorgeous and photographs beautifully. My favorite part ended up being the coordinator, Sara Valencia. We had some serious ups and downs leading up to our wedding and Sara was there with sound advice and encouragement and assurance that all would be well. She was extremely flexible in helping me create the kind of day we wanted. I emailed her about things that weren't even related to her dealings with the venue, and she STILL was there to help me out. I felt like we were her one and only client. It's not your typical venue- which is what I LOVE- it was exactly what I was looking for, and it's stashed away in a quiet little neighborhood in San Pedro, so you're not crowded with lookie-lou's or other events happening. Sara worked with us to help make our dreams come true. We were sold on the sepulveda home just by looking at the website and going to view it really sealed the deal. We never even looked at another venue. I highly recommend them because you won't find another venue as beautiful or a staff as attentive and dedicated to making your dreams come true.

Sent on 10/28/2013

The Sepulveda Home's reply:

WOW!! Thank you Janina and Kim from the bottom of my heart for that wonderful review. It was a true pleasure getting to know you both, and I am honored that you chose our home for your special day. You both have become life long friends and I know you will have a long happy forever together. I wish you all the best!

Leah · Married on 10/12/2013

My fiancé & I wanted something different for our big day & when we came across the Sepulveda Home's website we knew this was the venue for us! It was even more perfect in person! I worked with Sara to plan our wedding. We planned an early morning ceremony followed by a simple reception of champagne, desserts & an espresso bar. We also had the venue's live blues band provide the entertainment. From the initial walk through, to the dessert tasting, to the actual day everything was executed flawlessly! Sara understood exactly what I wanted & was able to recommend the perfect vendors for me as well. My experience with Sara was wonderful, our wedding turned out even better than we envisioned & I have been getting rave reviews from our guests about both the venue & desserts!

Sent on 10/23/2013

The Sepulveda Home's reply:

I had SO much fun planning your special day. I can hardly wait to see the pictures of you in your 1920's style wedding gown, and the classic car which drove you both off into the sunset! It was such a sweet and simple day full of romance and nostalgia. Kudos to the two of you for breaking the mold, and doing something different!! I hope that more brides can be as creative as you were, without having to sacrifice the integrity of their wedding day dreams.
    Best of luck to you both!!

Mike · Married on 05/25/2013

Our wedding at Sepulveda was last year, but I'm writing this review now because we actually arranged to have a private date at the venue for our 1-year anniversary. So not only can I comment on our event, but we have a long-term relationship with Sara and the family that runs the house.

We were brand new to California and had a relatively limited budget and in a few months we were able to pull of what our friends and family said was one of the most beautiful weddings they'd ever been to.

The Sepulveda House is perfect for smaller, more intimate, quiet events. Everything is close, accessible and extremely comfortable. Sara was upfront with us right away about what they could and could not offer and she's all business. We weren't given any runaround, our time was not wasted, we never felt like we were being played or nickle and dimed and Sara was always available for questions.

Wedding planning SUCKS (can you tell it's the husband writing this review?) but she made it tolerable. We were worried about how everything would flow on the day of, (we didn't have a coordinator because what sara offered seemed like it was enough) and we were not disappointed.

The website they have is NOT up to date and the pictures they have on there don't do it justice. If I were them I would pay for a professional photographer to come out and do better pics of the set up during the day and at night. It felt truly romantic and gorgeous.

We didn't have a lot of money, but we didn't want to be in a "wedding assembly line" type place that is played out. If you are having a smaller/midsize wedding in the LA area, drive down to san pedro and check out this house, especially the gardens in the back.

When I saw the website, I thought the place might seem a little dated or cheesy, but when the decorations were up, the music is playing, the candles are lit, the fireplace is going and there is a gentle breeze it is just pure class.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Christina · Married on 09/29/2012

We had been looking for a venue for 5 months when we came across the Sepulveda home. The moment both James and I entered this magical home and met Sara, we knew we had found the place we would be married. Where do I begin... I'll start with the venue: The Sepulveda Home is truly a one of a kind place. I promise that you will not come across a home more beautiful, elegant and romantic in feeling as The Sepulveda Home.You will feel like you are in a time capsule of the 1920's and thirties. I work in the beauty industry and am not easily blown away but this venue is absolutely breathtaking. Next, our guests: my phone is still ringing and receiving text messages with how much fun they had. And every single person made a point to say that they have never seen a more beautiful and romantic wedding. They described our wedding venue as perfect, romantic, breath taking, picture perfect and feeling like they were in an old Hollywood glamorous movie. If I were to try and describe what this venue looked like, it would do it a disservice. You simply must see for yourself.

And lastly, Sara, the owner and our wedding coordinator. I would like to direct this comment directly to Sara. Sara, THANK YOU so very much for making our wedding the most magical and perfect evening ever! Your attentiveness, organization, flexibility, humor, and just genuine desire to make us comfortable and happy, really showed. There wasn't one point in the evening where I was worried if my guests were having a good time or if there was something we forgot, etc.... I know that was because of you and your mom. You are phenomenal at what you do and anyone who crosses your path and your beautiful venue, is lucky to have met you and lucky to be married in such a magical place. From the bottom of my heart: THANK YOU.
    I have two friends who want to be married here as well! :)

Sent on 10/21/2012

The Sepulveda Home's reply:

THANK YOU for that heartfelt, amazing note.
    I wish the two of you nothing but many many years of happiness filled with laughter and love. It was so much fun getting to know the two of you. Friends for life!
  • mdyblue5

G. · Married on 09/14/2012

If you are looking for a unique, quaint, outdoor garden wedding than the Sepulveda Home is what you're looking for. There are so many photos opportunities that we can not wait to see our photos.
    The caterer they use is Critic Choice and the food was outstanding!!!! Michelle was who we worked with and she is so nice. We had the tri tip chimichurri, mac n cheese(yummy), wonton w/ tuna sashimi and more.
    Sara and her mother were kind and very helpful. They know what they are doing. I was a bit nervous of the unknown, but they had everything under control. The day of the wedding everything went well. We are so happy we choose the Sepulveda Home. If you're interested in a small venue then take a look at it and you will be amazed on the beauty. Feel free to ask me any questions. We absolutely loved the Sepulveda Home!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Hi Geri and Ted,

Thank you for the great review. Your wedding was truly magical, and your guests seemed so happy. It has been a pleasure getting to know the both of you!Tracy with Critics Choice was your catering supervisor, and she has nothing but kind words about the two of you and we both wish you many years of happiness!!!
    Please keep in touch!!
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 04/20/2012

The Sepulveda Home is stunning! My first visit to the home sealed the deal. The home’s interior provided the vintage 20’s / 30s style I wanted, which was perfect for wedding photos; and the outside offered the background for the charming, intimate ceremony I was hunting for. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the venue offers/includes table linens and attractive centerpieces, which was a cost savings for this budget conscience bride. Although we wanted a small wedding and limited to 40 guests, the site can easily provide for more.

Added benefits for us were the venue’s Wedding Coordinator-Sara and the Owner/Property Manager –Susan who were a pleasure to work with. Both are positive, professional, and were flexible with our needs and requests. I must say they made every effort possible to accommodate us.

My initial contact with Sara was sporadic due to the fact she devotes a good deal of her time on her current calendar events (My inquiries were about 8 months prior to my wedding date). Still, I received responses to my questions from her or her assistant within a day or two. As our day grew closer, her contact with us was more frequent and focused. She was very efficient with communicating all the necessary information along the way with regard to deadlines, milestones, venue accoutrements, and any of the wedding details that can easily be overlooked with the stress of planning. As a side note, I love that Sara and Susan genuinely seemed to share in our excitement for the day, which meant a lot to me.

My only caution would be to carefully choose the time of day you have your ceremony. I chose a sunset wedding in early Spring and because of the direction the ceremony is staged, the sun was shining directly into everyone’s faces and some pictures were washed out. Even with that lack of foresight on my part, the wedding day was AMAZING!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Hi Andi!
    Thank you for your review. Your wedding was intimate and romantic and I could truly feel both of your happiness radiate during the ceremony =-).
    Thank you soo very much for gifting our home with your grandmother's mardi gras masks! They will be cherished forever.
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 04/14/2012

There are truly not enough compliments I can give Sara and her mother. They took amazing care of us during the entire planning process, helped us find vendors (including our caterer and photographer who were both equally spectacular), and made every last detail count. I did not have to worry about schedule or timing at all, they made everything run smoothly and all I had to do was enjoy my new husband. They are experts at what they do, from the quality of service to the design of the venue. As part of our package we were able to take pictures inside their vintage home (all period decorated) which was a truly special experience for us (and provided amazing photo ops). There’s no beating the plantation style porch (where we had our first look) and whimsical backyard with its split level design - perfect for separating the dance floor and tables. The garden is a magical place for a wedding. There's eye candy everywhere: and outdoor brick fireplace, antique cappuccino machine, a balcony perfect for a little band or the bouquet toss, and chandelier in the tree over the dance floor. Little is needed in the way of additional decoration and everything is provided in your package so you can be as involved or detached as you’d like. That said they took all of our ideas and incorporated them beautifully. It felt like I was inside of a movie when I saw our venue set up for the first time. Sara and her mother consistently use the same staff (catering is included as well) so everyone is on the same page. They emphasize the importance of making your day as special as possible, and their attention to detail is unparalleled. After seeing the venue for the first time I knew there was nothing that would come close to competing with what they could offer. If you’re looking for a garden wedding, or a vintage themed wedding, or just simply a wonderful place to celebrate your day - look no further. The Sepulveda Home has just the right amount of magic and romance to make your day unforgettable. Thank you both for taking such wonderful care of us, you took away all of the stress and let me have the best time of my life!

Sent on 05/10/2012

The Sepulveda Home's reply:

Thank you both so much for the amazing review!
    It has been a pleasure getting to know the two of you. I hope you had a magical time in Paris!

Love,
    Sara

kate · Married on 10/22/2011

We just got married at the Sepulveda Home and it was absolutely magical. It is in a residential neighborhood in San Pedro, but as soon as you step into the back yard it feels like you are far from the city. It is so beautiful with a big brick fireplace and chandeliers hanging from the trees.

The bride's dressing room is one of the most beautiful rooms I have been in. My girlfriends and I all decided we wanted to move in! Getting all dressed up in such a setting really added to the feeling of being the beautiful bride.

Sara and her mother who own the home and run the venue are absolutely amazing. It was their family home growing up and you feel it in how they manage everything with so much caring and attention to detail. I couldn't have gotten through the planning process without Sara. She was SO helpful, always giving me a very prompt reply to any questions I had.or direction in anything I needed.

Then whole night was spectacular. Sara and her mom checked in with me throughout the night to make sure I was happy. The were so on top of everything! And I was SO happy! This venue really is so beautiful and they go above and beyond to make sure you have your perfect wedding.

Sent on 11/10/2011

The Sepulveda Home's reply:

Thank you so much Kate and Bassem!
    The simplicity of your evening made it so much more romantic!
    The intimacy of your crowd size was truly special. Please keep in touch.

Nicole · Married on 09/18/2011

All I can say is that there are simply not enough ways to really thank Sara and all the Sepulveda Home for providing us with an unforgetable venue and service from the day we met, to our wedding day, to after everything was done.

Sara is a natural she is a person who goes above and beyond and is relaxed, professional, and reassuring the entire time. Sara makes your wedding day a time to live and be in the moment and leaves your worries and cares at the door.

The sepulveda home is a transformation from just a wedding venue to a instant memory and will leave your guests raving about every detail of your venue and the beauty of youre wedding.

She really made every aspect of our wedding seamless and was a pleasure to work with.

Love always,

Kyle & Nicole Herman 9-18-2011

Sent on 12/07/2012

Emily · Married on 09/17/2011

I cannot say enough good things about Sepulveda Home and everyone who works with them!
    My fiancée and I were so excited when my mother discovered this lovely gem hidden in San Pedro. The venue is beautiful, just check out the pictures on their website for yourself: http://www.sepulvedahome.com/Gallery.html. Sara worked with us to make sure the venue is everything we wanted. She worked with our budget and our tastes to bring together an event that was better than we could have hoped for. Sara really works with you to make sure the planning is as stress free as possible; the communication was amazing. She really listened to what we wanted and made it happen- you will not be disappointed with this venue or working with Sara! When we had a last minute issue with our florist Sara found a new one who could deliver everything we wanted right away- we were so thankful she took care of such a huge issue for us so quickly.
    The food was catered by Critics Choice and we worked mostly with Tracy- they were amazing! Many of the members of our family said that they had never had such good food at a wedding and that Critic's should think about opening a restaurant. We loved it. The portions are quite generous for the amount you pay. They worked with us to find the perfect menu for our budget and guests. They were flexible with the ingredients: when we wanted more pine nuts or less of something else they were more than happy to work with us to make the menu everything we hoped for. We had older family members at the event that were not every mobile and the waiting staff made sure they always had a full glass and anything else they would have wanted- that meant the world to us! My husband and I were so busy speaking with our guests that we almost didn’t have any of our own cake- a waiter noticed and brought us some - I was so thankful!

Overall the staff was friendly, helpful, observant and accommodating- if you work with Sepulveda Home or Critics Choice for your event you will not be sorry!

Sent on 09/28/2011

The Sepulveda Home's reply:

You and your mother were such a delight to work with!
    She and I became fast friends and it was so evident how much she loves her daughter and wanted to give you a dream wedding. We feel very honored to be a part of that wish.

Cary · Married on 08/27/2011

There is A LOT of TLC that goes into the Sepulveda Home...and that's an understatement! When you book this amazing venue, along comes with it, the best wedding coordinator and right-hand woman you can ever ask for. My wife and I absolutely fell in love with the venue and everything that came along with it. But it wasn't until after our wedding, that we TRULY realized how amazing Sara was as our wedding coordinator. She and her mom own the home (venue) and actually live there 6 months out of the year so you know they're not about business and making money. Rather, they are giving back their blessings by sharing their passion and culture through the Sepulveda Home and will go to extreme measures to ensure that the newlyweds will have the most amazing wedding ever. The venue, or home I should say, is a 1920's French / Southern colonial...all my guests felt like they were in a Louisiana plantation for a few hours and for one night, we all forgot that we were in the hustle and bustle city of Los Angeles.

The Sepulveda home will hands down be the most original wedding venue in LA. I can't even begin to tell you how many compliments we've received. They have raved about Sara and her staff as well. They will put your mind at ease, which I think all you brides-to-be need to hear. Sara and staff will go to war FOR you. We're talking dealing with vendors, knocking out all the kinks, and even making sure the newlyweds are hydrated and eating throughout the wedding reception as it can get pretty draining with all the events going on.

Our wedding happened to be on a tv show. So my wife and I had much more on our minds and were a bit more stressed out because a camera crew of 10+ were always following us around and telling us what to do. In those moments, Sara always made sure that the wedding was ALWAYS about us and allowed nothing to come between us an the integrity of the wedding ceremony.

Finally, if you're looking for a traditional, conventional, and a venue that can fit a ton of people, then you must look elsewhere...and Sara will be more than happy to help you find that. However, if you want your guests to feel your every passion, love, and intimacy, the Sepulveda Home will fulfill that and far exceed your expectations. This venue is as organic and authentic as it can be. The natural landscape, the vineyard, and the love embedded in this place will blow your socks off.

I couldn't have asked for anything more. It's the perfect location for a guest list of 80-120.

Sara, you are God sent and the Spirit there is undeniable. Thank you for making our wedding the best day ever!!!!

- C & A

Sent on 08/29/2011

Cary and Aileen,
    WOW... what an emotional experience we had together!
    At the end of the day, amidst all of the television madness, and their false perception of the two of you.. your LOVE shined thru so bright and undeniable. It was truly an honor to work with you, and I'm so glad to have met both of you. Friends always.

Tod · Married on 06/11/2011

Hello Future Married Couples,
    We could not be more pleased with the way our wedding turned out at the Sepulveda Home! We first fell in love with its stunning ambiance and the owners’ attention to detail. Later, we were more than impressed with the way the staff helped make our big day as effortless as possible. Sara, the coordinator at the Sepulveda Home, was a big help in assisting us plan the perfect day. She was very attentive to all of our many calls and questions from day one and made us feel like family. For any engaged couple, there is a certain amount of anxiety that a venue will charge unnecessary fees and "nickel-and-dime" you to death for every little extra touch. That was not the case here. The Sepulveda home is the rare example of a classy wedding venue that isn't trying to trap you with hidden fees, everything was upfront or included in our package. We felt we could trust the venue with our special day and we were more than correct. Sara even stepped in as mediator when we had a few misunderstandings with an outside vendor; an experience that is bound to happen when planning a wedding. She was also very understanding with guests that were not always on their best wedding behavior; there is always one! :) We were so impressed and grateful for her help, professionalism, and experience.

The day of the event was wonderful and went off without a hitch. We never stopped smiling and it was literally everything we had pictured. The 1920’s-style rooms, with their unique interiors, added a certain magic to our photo shoot. This house is a photographer's dream! Our guests were entertained the entire event by a wonderful DJ, recommended by the venue, and fantastic southern cuisine (the best many of our guest said they had ever had at a wedding!). The highlight of our whole event, besides our ceremony ofcourse, was the Dixieland jazz band that Sara recommended. Our guests could not stop talking about it and the entertainment gave our event that unique touch that swept everyone away to a different time and place.

All in all, we couldn’t imagine our wedding being held anywhere else. Our memories of that day will last a lifetime and we were honored to treat our family and friends to such a wonderful time at a magical place. We had many guests tell us that it was the most romantic, intimate, and unique wedding they had ever been too. For us, it was our perfect day that we would love to relive again and again.

Tod and Sarah Perry, Lakewood, CA

Sent on 08/15/2011

The Sepulveda Home's reply:

Your one year anniversary is approaching and I can't believe how time has flown by! Your wedding stands out in my mind as if it were yesterday. Thank you for this great review... good times were had by all!
    Keep in touch!

Melanie · Married on 05/06/2011

We just got married on May the 6th 2011 at the Sepulveda Home and it was INCREDIBLE!! This was one of the first venues we looked into and it captured my heart. We looked at other venues but nothing could really compare to The Sepulveda Home and the customer service that came with this place. The Sepulveda Home is intimate, beautiful and charming. I met with Sara and she is EXCEPTIONAL she is so personable, professional and detail oriented she put me at complete peace. Sara was very accessible throughout the planning process to answer any questions we had, which made my life much easier. I really felt as if I didn’t have to do any planning she pretty much gives you the road map to wedding planning. The grape vines and the roses were in full bloom which added an extra special touch!! I received so many compliments about the venue; everyone was impressed with the beauty of the garden and the décor. I received tons of compliments on the staff...I felt guilty for taking all the credit it was truly THE SEPULVEDA home that made my wedding a beautiful dream come true!! It was beyond our expectations, if you are looking for an intimate, personal touch to have your wedding this is the place. You are treated like family here they go above and beyond….!!

Sent on 06/15/2011

The Sepulveda Home's reply:

Happy one year anniversary!
    Please accept this formal thank you for the review.
    I wish you both continued happiness.... invite me to the shower when the babies arrive! ha ha.