33 Reviews for The Sanford House Inn & Spa

Specialty Wine (1)
Audio Equipment (1)
Valet (1)
33 The Sanford House Inn & Spa Reviews

This was our dream outdoor venue with stunning string lights! Very friendly and attentive staff! They transformed the courtyard beautifully! We had our immediate family stay onsite for the weekend and the staff was very accommodating. Camille was such a pleasure to work with and made the planning less stressful for us! She helped coordinate our vendors and schedules. The entire weekend was magical and we were blown away by the customer service! We would highly recommend this venue and staff!! ~Mr. & Mrs. Maccioli

Photo
Profile Picture Ana, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We are so happy that we chose The Sanford House for our wedding and reception. The wedding coordinator, chef and entire staff were very professional, accommodating, and friendly. They made every guest feel like family! The venue was beautiful and met every expectation we had for our big day. There aren't enough words to convey just how much we appreciated working with The Sanford House team. We highly recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding or other event. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Robyn, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Valet, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Tables, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

Our wedding in 10.29.16 at The Sanford House was magical! The grounds are beautiful and offer a lot of greenery. So many of my guests complimented us on how professional and top notch their service staff was. The courtyard lighting was beautiful but a little expensive. We had perfect weather which really made our wedding day/night perfect. We rented out all of the rooms and were able to visit with our guests late into the night! It felt really private and everyone enjoy the extra time they got to spend together.

Profile Picture Molly, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s)

I can't say enough about this venue. The moment we stepped into the courtyard, we fell in love with how intimate and unique it is. They keep the grounds in such good shape you forget you are off a busy street in downtown Arlington. You feel like you are in a little secret garden in your own private retreat. The best part....you can stay there! We checked in Friday, woke up Saturday, got married that evening and checked out Sunday. An amazing weekend. Krista and Katherine were fantastic event coordinators and got every detail perfect. The entire staff was so attentive and helpful, it made the whole wedding stress free. Stay in the Villa Royale, use the jetted tub to relax and unwind, wake up late and enjoy an delicious brunch in the restaurant and feel grateful you found this amazing wedding venue.

Profile Picture Gina, 10/8/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow, just wow! We loved every bit of what the Sanford house had to offer. A gorgeous outdoor venue, even when we had to tent it with a rain chance. And the food was sooooo good! Everything was perfect and the staff: Krista, Lauren, and van the man to name a few, delivered. They were so genuine and were excited to help make our stay and our day perfect. Our wedding was everything we could have imagined and more! I highly recommend the Sanford house, they will not disappoint!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

On 9/3/2016, my husband and I had our beautiful romantic garden wedding at the Sanford House. Krista was our event coordinator; she was helpful, responsive, professional, flexible, and personable. She kept us informed of upcoming deadlines and payment schedules and was always eager to answer any of my questions when called/emailed. The grand courtyard’s grounds are clean, quiet, and well-manicured. The blooming flowers, swaying trees, and twinkling string lights create an atmosphere anyone would fall in love with. Krista also allowed us to utilize the courtyard the day before our wedding for the rehearsal. Originally, I wanted to stay in the manor house (Brahms room) the night-before and the night-of the wedding. I wanted to be able to use it to get ready in with my bridesmaids, overlook the courtyard being set up for the wedding, and stay the first night as husband and wife in. Unfortunately, all suites/villas/cottages were booked our wedding weekend due to a football game. Luckily, a month before the wedding, the Verona cottage became available! The cottage turned into my little bridal home for the weekend and I couldn’t have been any happier with the happenstance. The 800-1000 sq ft were much needed when 9+ women were getting ready. I would HIGHLY recommend a bride stay on property. My husband and I have even talked about staying in the Verona cottage again for our anniversary next year. For our wedding reception, we had chosen from their set menu the beef/chicken fajitas, beer, and wine. All of our guests raved over the fajitas. We are still tingling from head to toe in sheer wedding bliss, thanks to the Sanford House and Krista.

Profile Picture User6052345, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Beautiful venue for outdoor wedding and awesome staffs. Krista was our wedding coordinator, and she was great. Beyond my expectations.Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Tam, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter chose The Sanford House in Arlington, Texas as her venue for her wedding and reception. The Staff at The Sanford House was exceptional. Krista, Lauren, the Banquet Captain, and staff provided personal and exceptional service. They took great care of our every need. Everything was first class. The venue itself is truly beautiful. Magical. The Courtyard contains beautiful plush, seasonal flowers, lighted trees, 2 beautiful gazebos, gorgeous three tiered fountain, very nice patio furniture and so much more. The reception was amazing! The Sanford House Restaurant 506 provided amazing food! All of the guests complimented the food. The serving staff was so very attentive and provided top quality service. I cant imagine having such a special event anywhere else! The Sanford House made my daughter's wedding the most magical evening.

Profile Picture Mary Alice, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

What can I say but WOW! Krista and John were absolutely awesome! The Sanford House is a beautiful location for an intimate Wedding. We had 100 guest. John ( the chief ) went out of his way to accommodate our taste for Cajun Flair! Krista was so awesome to work with. We had no stress at all the day before, the day of or the day after. Krista worked with our outside vendors and set things up that we did not even think of. We had so much fun and our guest could not believe the transformation from Ceremony to Reception in the Courtyard! "Van" the man was another hidden jewel! Booking all the rooms the night before and the night of the wedding was truly a Bonus!

Profile Picture Kristy, 11/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Centerpieces, Chairs, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Outside Cake, Stations, Parking, Specialty Wine

The Sanford House is an amazing hidden gem in downtown Arlington! It is the perfect place if you are looking for an all inclusive, budget friendly location. The staff was very warm and welcoming to my out of town guests who stayed there. The Chef and food was outstanding!! The wait staff was extremely accommodating to everyone!

It has been 2 weeks since we said "I do" at the Sanford House and we still have friends and family telling us how perfect the location, food and staff were. Every one was very impressed!!

Quotes from family and friends:
"This wedding is in my Top 5 weddings and the BEST food I have had" -JB
"The location couldn't have been more perfect" -SM
"I was very impressed with the food and staff. Way to pick the perfect place." -JM

I can't wait to celebrate our anniversary at the Sanford House!!

Profile Picture User5205839, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is extremely beautiful and all of the guests commented on how it was a wonderful place! Everything was set up as asked and we never had any problems with anything. The food was amazing as well and I highly recommend this venue for a wedding or any function!

Profile Picture Kristen, 5/30/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our ceremony in their gardens under the gazebo and had an intimate lunch with the parents afterwards in the dining area. Everyone was so kind and pleasant to work with! The venue itself is gorgeous! The room that we rented was the Regency Suite and it was perfect! Can't wait to go back for our anniversary!

Profile Picture Eleni, 10/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Sanford House was a wonderful venue- great hospitality, all around professionalism, beautiful well-kept grounds, delicious food & plating, & very accommodating! Christa and Van are WONDERFUL!!!

Profile Picture User4202536, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

What a beautiful place to have a wedding whether inside or outside. They made our outdoor garden wedding a beautiful and memorable day despite the freezing day. We will be returning for our first anniversary.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 3/9/14, 2 Reviews

The venue was absolutely gorgeous! The GM was very helpful and made sure the day was perfect! The lights were enough decoration that you didn't have to add much more for decoration. We really couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else!

Profile Picture User3592543, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

What a beautiful place to have an outdoor wedding! Our budget was small and we couldn't do the whole "package" that they normally offer but they worked with us and together we came up with the perfect personalized package for us! Everything was wonderful, the scenery, the catering, the staff, the cake; all was absolutely perfect! Thank you to all of the staff at the Sanford House for helping to make my wedding every bit as wonderful as I'd hoped!

Profile Picture Britney, 3/18/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely the best cakes I'�ve ever tasted. Everyone loved them and asked for information about who made them. So moist and flavorful�! The design on the wedding cake exceeded my expectations. People are still raving about the cakes. We will continue to buy cakes from Sweet memories for years to come. Very highly recommended!

Profile Picture Adam, 4/13/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

My sisters and mother in law hosted a bridal luncheon the day of our wedding at the Sanford House. We had a few hiccups along hte way trying to get there, which delayed our brunch. This was not an issue for the staff who treated us graciously. The food was phenomenal and the staff was fabulous! I could not have been more satisfied to have that as a wedding day treat! We will go back for a brunch soon with our families as we enjoyed the atmosphere and food so much!

Profile Picture Michelle, 4/10/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Unique Services (Other)

I just recently had my wedding at The Sanford House and everything was wonderful! All of my guests had a fabulous time... i worked mainly with the new wedding coordinator (Lacy) and she is a gem - if I had any questions, she would instantly get back with me. I'm sure she had a lot of weddings to plan, but I never felt pushed aside or anything. She helped to make my special day turn out exactly as I envisioned it. I would definitely recommend having your wedding at The Sanford House!! I will be back :)

Profile Picture Jordan, 11/14/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just had my wedding at the Grand Courtyard and it was beautiful! Everyone talked about how gorgeous the place is: mature trees, beautiful flowers, lights, etc. From beginning to end the staff was cordial and attended to needs of all my guests (I had 60 guests). The food was AMAZING, everything was cooked to perfection. The only downsize is that you need to rent a tent in case of inclement weather if you have more than 40 guests (I believe the Renoir room can accommodate that many guests) because no one can control the weather. I decided to rent a tent, and thank God the sun came out and didn't get any rain at all (got married May 24). It's your choice. The Grand Courtyard is perfect for 100 to 150 guests with plenty of space or, in my opinion, it's too crowded. Overall I'm very pleased with how things turned out. I would absolutely have another event there if possible. This place is definitely a hidden gem in Arlington, TX.

Profile Picture Ana, 5/24/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies

They have been wonderful to work with.

Profile Picture User4433905, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Sanford House Inn is amazing - whether you just go for dinner or stay for the night or get married. It's just a beautiful place and I am so happy we picked it for our wedding venue. They recently had a shift in management/personnel that happened in the middle of our wedding planning, and I have to say that it was a change for the better. The event coordinator, Alicia, is just everything you could hope for. She was so responsive and helpful leading up to the wedding and was magically there every time I needed her during the reception and ceremony. The chef was great and the food was 5 star. I have had several guests ask if we can go to dinner as a group sometime because they loved the food at the wedding so much.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/13/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

The Sanford House is the ideal place to get married! It's beautiful, the food is excellent and the staff goes above and beyond with the quality of service they provide. Several of our guests commented about the wonderful time that they had and what a neat place the Sanford House is. Lacy, thank you for your patience, politely answering questions I know I probably asked you one hundred times, and ensuring our wedding day was perfect!

Valerie Evans
May 15, 2010

Profile Picture Valerie, 5/15/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Awesome place to have a wedding and reception. Everyone there is very easy to work with. Great food! Very Organized... The scenery outside is beautiful... It rained on my wedding day and the tent they put up was perfect, still looked great..
Also I would reccommend staying there, the cottages are amazing, they are super nice, spacious, huge bathroom area with vanity. The day before at the spa, my bridesmaids and I had facials, back massages, pedicures and manicures, they were great!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 4/17/10, 1 Review