The Sands at Atlantic Beach Reviews

The Sands at Atlantic Beach 4
The Sands at Atlantic Beach 5
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 10/07/2018

An amazing memory at The Sands!

Our wedding at The Sands Atlantic Beach was nothing short of a dream wedding!
    From our first meeting with our wedding coordinator Lori, we were so excited. She clearly knew what she was doing, was so nice, and very happy to answer our many questions throughout our process with prompt responses.

When it came time for the big day, everything was amazing! Everyone always thinks their own wedding is the best, but you would not believe how many people came up to us throughout the night and said it was THE BEST wedding they’d ever been to! The compliments about how unbelievable the cocktail hour was, not only because of the variety (it is a LOT of food) but how delicious it was, have been endless. Lori gave us the opportunity for a tasting prior to our wedding, and we got to meet the amazing chefs, who like everyone else were so friendly and more than accommodating. Although most people said they were so stuffed from cocktail hour, many still raved about the main course and the insane Viennese hour that they put together for us. We had a bridal attendant at our side the whole night and loved the Maitre D. Several guests commented on how awesome it was that the bar was huge so there was never a long line, and also said the bartenders and all service staff were very friendly. To top everything off, the beach was pristine and we had a lovely October day to take some amazing beach pictures! We were thrilled with everything!

If you buy “the package” from The Sands (which ended up being a great choice for us,) you will be given choices of 3 photography companies, 2 DJs and 2 florists. I am sure all of the vendors are great, but we have to say we were over the moon with White Light Photography, Feriani Floral Decorators and EJ the DJ. We cannot say enough good things about any of these companies, and how they did everything they could to tailor the night to be specifically exactly what we dreamed of.

The Sands at Atlantic Beach 6
    The Sands at Atlantic Beach 12
    The Sands at Atlantic Beach 13
    Sent on 12/21/2018

Jim · Married on 05/04/2018

My daughter was married at the Sands on 5/4/2018. The wedding planner Brianna and her staff could not be more accommodating to our family. The food was phenomenal. All I know all is our guests and family were very impressed . If I had to book an event no matter what. My first choice is the Sands and only the Sands. Our wedding planner Brianna is the best way to go in getting everything together. She went above and beyond. Brianna made sure all of us were happy. GO BRIANNA.

Sent on 05/07/2018

Megan · Married on 05/04/2018

My guests were highly impressed with the professionalism that was demonstrated by all staff, the excellent food that was served, the amazing drinks and the overall service and atmosphere that the staff at the Sands provided. We highly recommend anyone and everyone to have their party at the sands for any occasion and to ask for Brianna- you definitely will not be disappointed and will be so happy with the outcome.

The Sands at Atlantic Beach 14
    The Sands at Atlantic Beach 20
    The Sands at Atlantic Beach 21
    Sent on 05/12/2018

Melanie · Married on 04/07/2018

My husband and I were married at the Sands at Atlantic Beach on Saturday. Everything was so unbelievable and we are still getting compliments about the food and service! Brianna was absolutely amazing throughout the entire process as we met her 14 months ago when we booked. I would highly recommend this venue to other couples as everything was just as I had hoped and expected!

Sent on 04/11/2018

Kim · Married on 09/25/2016

The Sands were amazing to work with! They really knew what they were doing, and worked to accommodate all of our little special requests.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Kathleen · Married on 09/26/2015

My now husband and I are soooo incredibly happy we had our ceremony and reception at the Sands Atlantic Beach! I worked for years as a party motivator and knew what all the venues on Long Island were like. What drew me to the Sands was 1) the beach 2) the size of the huge dance floor 3) the modern yet classic feel and 4) the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff.
    From day 1 Lori was fun to work with, laid out all the information we needed, and always followed-up quickly with the 1,000 emails I must have sent her over the course of planning! Wedding planning is a stressful process, and there were a few times I had to ask her the same questions and she always clarified everything for me.
    The day of the wedding it was so windy I thought I'd have to have it inside, but Lori asked my opinion on a few ways to change things and I asked her to do what she thought was best because I knew I could trust her to do it right. So even though there were a few last minute changes, it was seamless and the guests had no idea because everything looked beautiful! Lori and the staff worked so hard, and my bridal attendant Shaq was also awesome! My husband and I had the best day ever, and all our guests loved the food! Passed desserts were unlike anything I've ever seen! Entrees and cocktail hour were amazing!!!! Love this place ?

Sent on 09/30/2015

My daughter's wedding was on the first day of summer, June 21, 2014. Richard Lang, head caterer, was fabulous. He took care of every detail perfectly. Rich guided us through the menu and set up of the club and ceremony on the beach. When the bus which was to deliver our guests to the club broke down, causing a delay in the ceremony, Rich calmly took care of rearranging the timing of the ceremony, cocktail hour, etc., and assured us everything was under control. The reception hall was newly decorated and beautiful. The food was exceptionally delicious and well-presented. The waitstaff was very attentive to our guests' needs. I highly recommend The Sands of Atlantic Beach for a beautiful fairytale wedding.

Sent on 04/11/2015
  • U

Ursula · Married on 06/14/2013

Rich was our decorator, coordinator, buddy, and kind of like a father figure for the year and a half that he had to deal with me and my needs! He even had the employees help him set up our homemade centerpieces!

The venue in and of itself was amazing! It was hit by hurricane Sandy, yet they pulled through and had everything repaired and beautiful for all their events.

Right now the Sands created all inclusive deals which are really great! We started our planning before these deals however, and it was still beautiful! The food: cocktail hour, reception, open bar, and cake were included. They were so delicious and guests could not get enough!

The chic decorations and delicious food really complimented the wedding. The Sands is an amazing deal for an elegant beach wedding and reception. I am so glad I chose the Sands!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Andrea · Married on 06/08/2013

Stu Lori and their team made our dream wedding come true!! We could not thank the sands of Atlantic beach for the professionalism there was during our wedding. Everything was on point from ceramony, to speech, to cake cutting. We loved every minute of our wedding and wouldn't change A thing!!!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Tina · Married on 04/27/2012

We dealt with Richie over at the Sands and we could not have been happier. The hall was beautiful and the price was very fair for the great services we received. Most importantly of all the food was fabulous. This venue hass been in business for a long time and it showed, trust them they know what they are doing.

Sent on 06/07/2012

danielle · Married on 07/25/2014

Where do I begin... As a corporate event planner myself with a husband in the restaurant business, I will start by saying our expectations were HIGH! I will also say that we were determined not to put ourselves in debt while finding a venue to celebrate the beginning of the rest of our lives together.

The Sands Atlantic Beach and my planner (Brianna) were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I wanted a wedding that was both beachy yet classy and that's exactly what we got. The level of service was also top-notch. Brianna was there for me every step of the way and with a more than demanding work load it was sooo nice to have her by my side throughout it all.

She became my GO-TO Girl throughout the planning process. There was never a request she didn't find a way to make happen with a smile. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a great location, beautiful space and an overly accommodating staff.

The Sands Atlantic Beach allowed me to focus on what the day is really all about... Celebrating LOVE with all of the people we LOVE.

and thats exactly what we were able yo do!

Sent on 09/19/2014

Ariel · Married on 09/01/2013

2.5
      2.5
      1.5

I want to start of by saying when i had booked the sands i was happy. excited and eager to get married here. Richie was so great...in the beginning.

The month before was hectic because we literally had to do EVERYTHING. My wedding was russian and he was telling how russian weddings are run. I know how they're done. Im russian. He didnt make it easier for me and he basically talked down to my husband which really annoyed him

Day of my wedding was a mess. The hall was over 100 degrees, my husband looked like he was about to faint, everyone was telling richie to turn down the air and he got flustered. No one handed out my flowers...which was the florists fault but if the florist wasnt there..shouldnt the sands be responsible? I HAD NO BRIDAL ATTENDANT. WHERE WAS SHE? i think i saw her twice. My photographer was my bridal attendant he did everything and anything to keep me calm and be happy (artisan photography and media group was AMAZING) Richie was short and rushed me through everything..not a good thing at all. In fact at one point my husband was about to yell and tell him to go home. Its ridiculous. It was poorly managed. I paid for 190 people to get what they want to eat and SOMEONE IN MY BRIDAL PARTY couldn't bc they "ran out of salmon" what did they offer her instead? asparagus. Thats disgusting and wrong, AFter telling richie this the next day he says, "there's nothing i can do about this now" - yes there is. You can refund me 85 dollars for their plate. We paid alot of money for these people to get tipped and be happy and they were ALL horrible. Valet, attendants, waitstaff. Where the hell do they hire these people? I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS HALL TO ANYONE. I should've went with my instinct and booked the sands at LIDO beach.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Nicole · Married on 08/29/2014

3.0
      3.5
      1.0
      0.5

I'd like to bring up a few things and my experience having my wedding here and dealing with event planner Brianna. First off after I began meeting with there vendors I realized the all inclusive package wasn't what I was told it would be. All the prices were different and I had to email Brianna about this..That caused tremendous stress for me and my now husband. Then 2 days before my wedding I finally got a balance of what was still outstanding ( mind you when we put down our 75% down we got a recepits with no balance on it ) an additional thousands of dollars was added because of a miss understanding between me and Brianna I then asked why I didn't have this break down before hand or why I didn't get a recepits with this amount on it ? I was told they do not give a break down of your balance unless you ask for it !! So don't forget to ask for a balance on your recepits. I almost had to cancel my wedding because of this added financial burden and stress 2 days before my wedding and when I emailed her about canceling the wedding there was no emotion it was okay if you would like to cancel you don't get your money back let me know if you would like to cancel . This is my wedding day that both me and my now husband been working two jobs to make happen ... After reading reviews online I see this is not the first time your venue has done this and I plan on writing some reviews myself so people are better prepared and know what to expect not everyone has thousands of dollars to spend ! The day of my wedding all the vendors were late and there were all sorts of issues. While I know u do not employ these vendors, u recommended them therefore they are a direct reflection on you and your business. My bouquet was wrong, the florist forget my set for my sand ceremony that I paid extra for and also showed and went over with Brianna the day before the wedding, the centerpieces didn't have any shells or beach wood in them like I was promised , the limo came late so I arrived to

Sent on 09/16/2014

The Sands at Atlantic Beach's reply:

I am sorry you feel this way after hosting your beautiful and flawless wedding here at The Sands Atlantic Beach and receiving nothing but great reviews by the guests and yourself as you departed your Celebration.

Just to clear up some of your points falsely stated in your review, the package you had booked with us was exactly what it is outlined to be. It clearly states everything included in the package directly on your contract, which you read through and sign when booking your event with us. Each and every contract is customary and includes all of the costs owed to us at The Sands and when they are due. We do provide break downs of your bill in timely fashions however, Brianna was unable to provide you with a complete and final break down of your bill without knowing your exact guest count and receiving your table break downs (amount of guests at each table) which she received two days prior to your event which is why you received your completed final balance then as well.

Our cancellation policy is nothing like you portray it to be. If you choose you no longer would like your event with us, although we are deeply saddened by both of our losses, you are responsible only to pay for the damages sustained by the catering facility (clearly stated in clause 12 of your signed contract) and described to you as well by your booking manager. We understand not everyone has “thousands of dollars to spend” but when we book any event with a client, we make sure everything is clearly outlined and stated on a contract including dollars owed and when they are due, and this contract is signed by both the booking manager and the client.

Your vendors each did as they promised and delivered you a great affair which your guests, parents and yourself raved about upon your departure. We apologize here at The Sands Atlantic Beach for your dissatisfaction however each and everything promised by us was delivered as it always is at each and every event we host here.