The Sample Rack Reviews

84 Reviews for The Sample Rack

• Sharon

Sharon F. · Married on 08/16/2020

Loved my Dress!

I loved my dress from The Sample Rack. When researching bridal shops to go to, Sample Rack peaked my interest. I liked the concept, and their place looked very professional. I am so glad I followed my instincts. Not only was my dress beautiful and fit me perfectly, I was able to take my dress home with my that day. My dress came under budget, which is always a plus!

Sent on 08/18/2020
  • Ellie

Ellie M. · Married on 07/03/2020

Unexpected Surprise

I was expecting chaos and not much choice. What I got was a small boutique experience with amazing service and selection. I found a beautiful dress and brought it home, just in time for the world to shut down! So thankful for this place. Try here first, not last.

Sent on 05/22/2020

Marcy · Married on 12/31/2018

I went to the Sample Rack to try on dresses with my best friend and we had an amazing experience. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable and they had a great selection of dresses. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Maureen M. · Married on 10/20/2018

I lovvvvvvvvvve this shop and it's wonderful people. They made every minute of my experience magical. I am so happy I found my dress here. They are definitely worth it !!!

Sent on 02/24/2018

Heather · Married on 10/01/2017

Carlene is a saint. I can't say enough about her. She went out on a limb when I wasn't satisfied with the dresses I was trying & definitely made the right call. I couldn't stop thinking about the one she put me in. Ultimately it was the dress I chose & was a huge hit at the wedding!

Sent on 10/09/2017

After many visits to different bridal shops this place doesn't compare! They carry many top brands for 1/2 the price! When you enter you are the only client for that time, which is so wonderful. There focus is on finding YOU a dress and you alone! Charlene really listens to you, she only suggests things you can add or alter to make it the perfect dress your looking for! She doesn't push or pressure you to do anything you don't want (accessories etc.) unlike other shops. She also grabs dresses you don't really think would work but I ended up getting the one she picked out for me, I even got super emotional and cried! I tried on many dresses but it never seemed to resonate with me, but once I had that dress on I just knew that was it, no dress made me feel more like a beautiful bride than the one she picked out. The dress looks like a $3,000 dress and I still can't believe I only ended up paying $800 for a beautiful dreamy Ballgown! Charlene definitely knows her stuff! She's very receptive, responsive and professional. Her assistant was just as amazing and sweet! I'd definitely recommend all brides on a budget, or not, to visit this boutique! I'm so grateful that I did. Whether you buy a gown from here or not your experience here will be an amazing one!

Sent on 01/30/2017
  • Alair

Alair · Married on 07/08/2017

Brides- this place is a MUST visit. I had been to a bridal chain store SEVEN TIMES before I decided to stop by this boutique, and my experience at those chain stores nearly brought me to tears. I am a curvy bride, and usually wear size 12-14 (meaning size 16-18 in this crazy bridal world). At these chain stores I visited prior, I was never brought anything that actually fit, or that made me feel beautiful. It seriously got to the point where I doubted I would find a dress that I liked, much less loved. From the first second I stepped into The Sample Rack today, I felt valued, beautiful, special and completely attended to. There were two wonderful women who devoted at least 90 minutes entirely to me, helping me find dresses that actually fit, and that were exactly the style that I wanted (vintage lace, made for curvy body types). Neither woman made me feel like a pariah or a burden for being over a size 10. I mentioned that I liked lace, and illusion necklines, and they brought me a handful of dresses that fit the bill almost exactly. I ended up buying a dress that was HALF the price of a similar dress at the chain store, and of a MUCH better quality. I cannot even begin to put into words what a better experience, and what better quality this store has to offer. Please, please, please make this a stop on your wedding prep. You will not regret it.

Sent on 09/24/2016

I got my dress here and had the most wonderful experience. The dress I ended up with is far above what I could have afforded elsewhere

Sent on 10/18/2015

I had gone to 3 other shops before coming to the Sample Rack, as was recommended to me by them. They want to see pictures of what you like before you come there so they can show you similar dresses. I ended up finding one similar to one I had found elsewhere for half the price. However I was pretty set on having a deeper color and this came with a white slip. They were able to change the slip for a champagne colored one from a similar dress for me, essentially giving me a custom dress. They have good recommendations for tailors and other services as well.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Shopping for my bridal gown was super overwhelming for me. I had my team of bridesmaid & momma in town to help me find The Dress. After many beautiful dresses, my brain got lost in the lace, pearl, sparkle, tulle, etc. I tried on this breathtaking Alvina Valenta dress, but thought it was outside of my price range due to the original store tag still on the dress. I left the store, but couldn’t stop thinking about the gown, so the wonderful staff at The Sample Rack allowed me to come back in as they were closing to try on the dress again. Needless to say, I said YES to the dress and purchased it for 50% less than the retail value. I am very thankful for the patience and kindness of everyone in the shop!
    Thank you Sample Rack!!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Monique · Married on 03/04/2016

After reading rave reviews for The Sample Rack, I called and scheduled an appointment with Carlene. She asked if I'd tried on dresses previously and advised me that if I found a dress I loved, I should purchase it today because it could be gone tomorrow, so to speak. Sample Rack was the last stop on my day of wedding shop appointments and boy did I save the best for last. I brought my mom and close friend along. Carlene recommended bringing a maximum of two people along since the shop is small. When we arrived, Carlene's wonderful assistants took care of us because Carlene was out sick. The shop is beautiful and caters to only one bride at a time (this ain't David's bridal ladies). We were treated with such respect, offering us water etc. They were so patient and even allowed my mom to help choose the gown (mom's choice was the gown I ended up purchasing). They worked to find a gorgeous dress within my price range that I'd love. No one said "oh you can always change this or that" as some other pushy shops did. They worked to find the dress I loved. I didn't want to take the gown off and became one of those weepy women from "Say Yes to the Dress" (don't judge me lol). I would absolutely recommend the Sample Rack for stunning and affordable designer gowns and the best service.

Sent on 03/13/2016

I was on a tight schedule and my wedding was in 3 months so i had to go for sample dresses. i did try all bridal store in Center city but i finally brought my wedding dress from The Sample rack. It was an awesome dress. i was in love with it since the time i wore it. I am not a perfect size and have big chest. they had a dress that fit me perfectly i only had to get it altered and i got some bling added to my dress by adding thin rhinestone straps. everybody loved my dress and i have seen the same dress on SYTD. plus i do not have to break a bank for it.

Sent on 12/08/2016

I cannot say enough good things about The Sample Rack! From my very first phone call with Carlene, I knew I was going to have an amazing experience here. On the phone, Carlene was so excited and made me feel like she really wanted to find me the perfect dress. I was put on a waiting list for a Saturday appointment, and a week later, Carlene called again to let me know that a space had opened up! When we showed up, I was surprised to find out that they only do 1 appointment at a time. This made me feel so special! The store is beautiful, and they have lots of absolutely gorgeous designer dresses. The dress Carlene told me about on the phone turned out to be THE PERFECT dress for me! I got a beautiful designer dress for less that half the price. I would not look anywhere else if you are in the Philadelphia area.

Sent on 09/06/2015

I bought a dress off the rack here after trying on 30+ dresses at 5 other stores in the Philly area. Their dresses are all samples so you buy what you try on. But unlike other samples at other stores, the dresses are all in excellent shape- no tears, stains, etc. The styles they get are also really varied. I was looking for something a little nontraditional and different and they had many choices. They prices are also great. I paid $600 for my dress that retailed for over double that. The customer service is great and the store is small and personal. Highly recommend

Sent on 09/15/2015

Bridget · Married on 07/24/2015

Sample Rack was the best dress shop I went to! Carleen was honest, kind, and patient. She never pressured me to buy a dress and made me feel so confident when I did find the one!! Wonderful dresses at great prices too!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Laura · Married on 07/17/2015

Amazing service and selection! I bought my beautiful gown from the Sample Rack and I continuously recommend the Sample Rack to other brides. Carlene and the other ladies were honest to me with feedback regarding how dresses looked on me and alternations. Thanks to the sample rack, I looked like a million bucks on my wedding day with a gown I loved from the day a tried it on to the day I walked down the aisle. Definitely make sure you've visited a few other stores first to know what style you are going for (or at least know what you don't want), that way the sample rack can be the last wedding gown shop you need to visit :)

Sent on 08/19/2015

Lindsay, Jim, and Carlene were the perfect team the day I bought my wonderful wedding dress at The Sample Rack. It was my 6th stop, which was helpful, because I went in knowing exactly what I was looking for. My friends and mom were all allowed to scout the racks and pull dresses along with me which I appreciated. They listened to me and were flexible and willing to add a veil or belt of my choice, and were quick to eliminate those I knew weren't it. Plus, this trio had enjoyable personalities, great senses of humor, and seemed to genuinely want to help me find the dress I wanted. They weren't pushy or overly selling anything, and didn't hesitate to criticize a dress for one reason or another. I could tell they knew what they were talking about. After I bought my dress (with a discount for working at a hospital and paying in cash), I called Carlene to find out more about my dress (the original price and style number, etc.). While they don't always get all information about their dresses, Jim researched and backtracked and got back to me very quickly with this information. An all around fabulous experience! I'm meeting with their rave reviewed seamstress soon to make some changes to the dress to make it even more MINE! :)

Sent on 04/10/2014

I bought my wedding dress here and had a great experience. I had a private session during which I was the only person in the store trying on dresses. The employees pay close attention and are very helpful. The prices are reasonable and getting to walk out with your dress that day is awesome. I am so happy I went there.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Amazing experience! Very personalized and private appointment, great selection of affordable dresses. Made the experience of dress shopping very exciting and enjoyable!

Sent on 05/17/2015

Patricia · Married on 04/25/2015

Went to pick out my dress on a Tuesday night back in December- they kept the store open for me and brought out tons of dresses which fit my style and price range. I followed their advice and had gone dress shopping at another store before hand so I knew what kind of dress/style I was looking for. My dress happened to be on display in their window and I instantly knew it was "the one" when I put it on. The ladies in this store are extremely knowledgable and professional and I so happy that I went to the sample rack.

Sent on 06/01/2015
  • User4832016 · 2+ years ago

Amazing dresses. The staff is super helpful and they let you try on as many dresses as you want.

Sent on 05/09/2015

Carlene was really great. My request for an appointment was promptly addressed and the experience was low stress. :)

Sent on 07/30/2014

Amy · Married on 03/21/2015

The day i bought my dress was the BEST/HAPPIEST day of my life. The team at The Sample Rack works with you and listens to what your dream is and helps make it a reality. From the first phone call- Charlene explained that if i was out shopping and saw something i liked to text her a picture because she could help find it, loved that!! That being said- if you aren't sure of the style of dress you want then id suggest looking around before coming to The Sample Rack because they really have something for everyone. It will be helpful to get a feel of what style you want before your appointment. They only take appointments which is very helpful- Charlene was very helpful, i had family in from out of town and really helped me find a time that would fit everyone's schedules. I ended up purchasing the first dress i tried on that day. They also respect your budget 100% which is so important!! Thank you to the staff at The Sample Rack for everything :) will be sending pictures in March!!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Carla · Married on 11/29/2014

The Sample Rack is a magical place where you can make all of your bridal dreams come true even if you are on a budget!! My dress was absolutely stunning and I never could have afforded it at retail. All night long people were complimenting me on my dress and no one could believe I was lucky enough to score it as a sample!

Do your research before you go so you are ready to buy! Carlene is amazing and will find you the perfect dress for you even if it's totally different than what you thought you wanted when you first walked in! The shop is on the small side so this is not the place to bring your whole entourage but it's a beautiful intimate space to find your dream gown!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Jen · Married on 11/02/2014

I can't even begin to describe how wonderful of an experience I have had with The Sample Rack! From the first phone call, Carlene was absolutely wonderful. I felt confident that if the dress for me was there, she would find it.. and she did! It was the first one she pulled off the rack. Absolutely stunning, and they were able to work with my budget as well! I had gone to David's Bridal first, and the difference in quality alone is incredible, let alone the service and experience. They make you feel like a million bucks at The Sample Rack! David's kind of felt like a bridal gown factory or something. This place is warm and inviting, and I really can't say enough good things about it. Every dress I tried on was gorgeous, but I definitely had that "this is it!" moment, which I thought was kind of a tv thing. :) I am going to recommend The Sample Rack to EVERYONE.. I don't think I could have imagined a better experience!

Sent on 11/30/2013