The Royal Regency Reviews

The Royal Regency 4
The Royal Regency 5
  • I

Iretta · Married on 09/01/2019

Love how professional everyone is and beautiful venue. Can't wait for our big day on 09/01/2019

Sent on 05/24/2018

Iretta,

We cannot wait for your big day either! We are truly thankful that you are allowing the opportunity in sharing this special moment with you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Let the count down begin!

Best wishes,
  • Rettie

Rettie Winfield · Married on 06/08/2019

Pastor- CEO

Sheer excellence from beginning to end. Outstanding customer service, beautiful facility, super clean and accommodating. High-quality with a regal environment suitable for a king and queen. I look forward to our return.

The Royal Regency 6
    The Royal Regency 12
    The Royal Regency 13
    Sent on 06/14/2019

Pastor Rettie,

We are so grateful that we were able to exceed your expectations and it was definitely an honor being a part of such a special ceremony. We look forward to many more events in the future!

Best Regards,

Robert & Christileen Felder · Married on 05/18/2019

Elegant and beautiful! Staff so attentive and friendly!

The best! Thank you Armat and the staff for making our day so memorable!! Royal Regency Hotel we are giving you guys 6 stars!!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Robert,
    Thank you so much for allowing us the opportunity in being a part of such an important day! We are beyond elated that we surpassed your expectations. We wish you love and happiness as you embark on this new journey as Husband and Wife.

Best Wishes,
  • Cristina

Cristina · Married on 10/13/2018

My Wedding Day

I just want to say thank you to Farida, Anton, the banquet manager and staff. From the moment I entered into the hotel I was sold. Everyone was professional and courteous. We had our wedding in the Opal room and did the buffet. It was beautiful the service was great. My husband and I even had our own separate server to ourselves. They made my wedding magical. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great. They even provided the cake too. So, great that we received compliments. I booked a room and they even upgraded it at no charge to us. The room was beautiful. I have no words except that everything was perfect. Thank you to everyone. I will definitely recommend this venue to everyone and stay in the hotel. Before I forget breakfast was great too. Thank you all again. Cristina who stayed in the Westchester suite on October 13th 2018 with my husband on our wedding day.

The Royal Regency 14
    Sent on 10/18/2018

Gena Farmer · Married on 06/28/2018

Wonderful and organized

Amazing I’m glad you were able to make my wedding day amazing.

Sent on 06/26/2019

Gena,

We are so pleased with knowing that we made your day amazing! We want to wish lots of love on your next chapter in life. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

Best regards,
  • teresa

Teresa · Married on 06/26/2018

Thank You so much Farida and Antoine for helping to make sure our wedding was beautiful. The ballroom was absolutely beautiful and all my guests experienced your professionalism. I will definitely recommend The Royal Regency Hotel.

Sent on 09/22/2017

The Royal Regency's reply:

Thank you so much Teresa! It was a pleasure working with you and being a part of your special day. We wish you the best in this new chapter of your life.

• Josh & Justine

Justine · Married on 05/19/2018

We planned on only having our reception in the Crystal Ballroom at the Royal Regency, but the rain that day had other plans for us! We ended up moving our ceremony from nearby Untermyer Park to the Opal Ballroom at the Regency the morning of our wedding. It had been our back-up plan all along, but we definitely waited until the 11th hour to make the call, and the Regency staff was completely understanding and beyond flexible with everything we needed.
    We started working with Anton when we initially booked our wedding and later worked with Farida once she took over his position. The attention to detail and quick responses to all of my incredibly annoying emails made me feel SO at ease throughout the entire planning process.
    The morning of our wedding, Farida effectively took the reins and became our day-of coordinator (the one we hired dropped the ball several times...) and we couldn't have been in better hands.
    Our guests loved the hotel rooms, the bridal suite we stayed in was SO comfortable and spacious (and PERFECT for me and my bridal party to get ready in the morning of the wedding), everyone raved about the food/drinks/service and how much fun they had at our wedding.
    I highly recommend the Royal Regency, and can't thank them enough for making our day so special!!!

The Royal Regency 15
    Sent on 07/06/2018

Justine!

You and Josh were such a pleasure to work with. Thank you so much for choosing us to be a part of this journey. We wish you a lifetime of happiness and please don't forget us for any future occasions!

Julie · Married on 05/17/2018

My husband and I were married on Friday May 18, 2018. We had a spectacular wedding day thanks to the Royal Regency in Yonkers. The company was very accommodating from beginning to end. We highly recommend the True Love Wedding Package. My friends are all very jealous at how helpful and stress free this package was to organize and execute the wedding of our dreams. The staff were all amazing and very helpful throughout the planning and implementation of our wedding. The banquet managers were very helpful throughout the process. The Royal Regency is a beautiful hotel and has amazing event spaces. We had our cocktail hour outside on the terrace and everyone loved it. Our venue was called the Crystal Room. It was recently renovated and looked spectacular. The day of our event went off without a hitch and every person at the wedding had a great time. We received a countless number of compliments about the Royal Regency. We highly recommend their services and am so happy to have had them as our wedding venue on the most special day of our lives.

Sent on 07/18/2018

The Royal Regency's reply:

Thank you Julie! You were a delight to work with. The wedding was beautiful from beginning to end, and we thank you for allowing us to be a part of this process. From the entire banquet team, we wish you and Kevin the absolute best!

Stephanie · Married on 07/29/2017

This Venue made my whole experience so wonderful and easy. They helped in any and every way possible. They gave us the best treatment and they made sure that my husband and I were stress free through the whole process. I couldn't have picked a better place. Thank you to aaaallllll the staff at the Royal Regency Hotel. The Food was delicious. The Hospitality was out of this world. The day was perfect!!!

Sent on 08/01/2017

jeanette · Married on 07/18/2014

Greg and the Royal Regency staff are absolutely amazing. From the start Greg made us feel like at home. They offer a complete wedding package and when I say complete it's complete. You have nothing to worry about when you have your wedding reception here. The package included the venue, food, drinks, cake, photography, videography, dj, MC, floral. And the vendors they use are just as excellent as they are. We highly recommend the Royal Regency. You will be amazed at what wonderful service they provide.

Sent on 07/24/2014

jenny · Married on 07/18/2014

Greg and the team were of royal regency were very professional and helpful. Greg accommodate us and helped us in all he could. He did everything possible to make us feel at ease during the planning of the wedding. The wedding package was very good plus all the extras he include

Sent on 07/25/2014
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 07/04/2014

Our wedding ceremony and reception were spectacular! We dealt with Leo and George, they were very accommodating, helpful, professional, etc. The bartender "Matt" was friendly & knowledgable. We were truly impressed with our personal waiter, George. George was very professional, one step ahead of our wants or needs, he truly went out his way to make sure we happy. Everyone is still talking about how great the good and the overall ambience of the decor and venue.

Sent on 07/16/2014

Valerie · Married on 04/26/2014

My husband and I were blessed to have worked with Greg and the staff at the Royal Regency Hotel. Greg was spectacular. He was accommodating, friendly and professional throughout the whole wedding process. Prior to our wedding, the Royal Regency renovated the Crystal Ballroom. The end result was spectacular. We were honored to be the very first wedding party to utilize the newly and renovated Crystal Ballroom. Our family and friends loved the staff and venue. The whole experience was sensational. The wedding packages offered at the Royal Regency made the wedding process and experience so easy and seamless. These packages reduce all levels of stress and anxiety associated with wedding planning. If you are on a fixed budget and looking for a friendly, dedicated and hands-on team to assist you with all the vendors needed for a wedding without the added stress, I would highly recommend doing your wedding at the Royal Regency Hotel. They are amazing!

Sent on 08/06/2014
  • User3620042 · 2+ years ago

This venue was perfect for my 300 wedding guests. The owner, Nick, was a pleasure to work with and his employees are always pleasant and cooperative. My wedding turned out wonderful and I am happy to have chosen them on the most important day of my life. My guests are still raving about the cocktail hour and a half, the food, the venue, etc. I love the fact that I was provided with a bridal suite to get ready and to stay in over night with my husband. Some of the rooms are currently being renovated and I almost wish I would have waited to get married so we could use the newly designed hotel and banquet rooms. They are going to be amazing looking. I highly recommend the Royal Regency for your banquet and hotel stay needs.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Kaysie · Married on 09/10/2011

The people are very easy to work with especially Armat!!! We love him!! We definitely got more than what we paid for and everyone came out 5 pounds heavier!!! They set everything for me and listened to what we wanted!

Sent on 09/21/2011

denise · event on: 02/28/2015

I had my wedding here in November of 2013 and also had my daughter's sweet 16 here as well. They are easy to work with and handle all of your concerns quickly. Staff are all professional and get the job done extremely well. My friend also had her baby shower there, she absolutely loved it! Food is great and they just remodeled the entire place! it looks awesome.

Sent on 03/03/2015

Tiffany · Married on 05/10/2003

They took the time to make sure everything on my timeline, for the day, was adhered to.
    Just make sure you check-out the rooms layout. There are a few to choose from and I like them all. The venues versatility is a great way to personalize your momentous occasion.

Sent on 12/08/2011

Booking with them has been a great experience! I'm hoping our wedding and reception will go as smoothly as it has been so far. They were very accommodating to all of our needs!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Adam · Married on 05/27/2012

We recently had our wedding at the Royal Regency, and I was impressed by the service and attention that we were given. I have been to many weddings at other venues where the food was not great, or the drinks were watered down to save money, or the pass outs for cocktail hour were few and far between. I honestly can say that our experience was the opposite. The overall experience was great for the value of their packages.
    Thanks to Armont, Chris, Olsa, and the rest of the staff.

Sent on 05/30/2012
  • Shadae

Shadae · Married on 06/03/2018

4.2

A wonderful experience on my wedding day!

The service at the hotel was great! From the time my bridal party and I arrived, we were treated with nothing but courtesy and respect. The bridal suite is very nice and spacious. The rooms that the bridal party had were all clean and well decorated. The coordination the day of the wedding was perfect and any help that I requested for setting up the ceremony was given. I never felt like I was bothering Armat with any of my requests. The reception hall was beautiful and the food was good. The drinks could have been a little better, (but I’m sure if someone had a complaint about them, it was taken care of). Loved this place!

The Royal Regency 16
    Sent on 07/16/2019

Shemique · Married on 10/10/2018

2.8

Late Bride

I specifically asked if I could check in early prior to my wedding day and I was told no. The best thing that they could give me was that I had to wait till the day of my wedding to ask if I was able to check in early. My wedding was held on a Wednesday; there was no other wedding being held that day so there was no way the bridal suite was already occupied and there shouldn't have been any issues with allowing the bride to check in early. I had to get my hair and make up done off site which in turn ran longer than expected, causing so many delays that I attempted to prevent by requesting the early check in. The ceremony coordinator tormented my bridal party, telling them to start the wedding because we were running out of time so I told them to have the coordinator come directly to my room door and I informed him had your establishment let me check in early there would be no issues right now stop harassing my bridal party. Overall, despite a late bride (45minutes-1hour) the wedding was beautiful and the catering service team was good.

The Royal Regency 17
    The Royal Regency 24
    The Royal Regency 25
    Sent on 06/02/2019

Shemique,

We apologize for the indiscretion that occurred during your wedding. We take pride in providing excellent service! We should have definitely explained the likelihood of being able to check you in early to your room; typically, we suggest to book the room the night before to avoid someone else booking it and delay the bridal process. Words cannot express how sorry we truly are that the beginning experience was less than perfect. Nevertheless, we pleased to know that everything else was beautiful and that the catering staff was up to par.

Best Wishes,

Detra · Married on 11/03/2017

3.5
      2.5

Disappointed my maid of honor spent a lot of time instructing the Royal Regency staff what to do. My cake was not put out until MOH brought it their attention, the cut and served the cake for guests before husband and I cut our cake. My husband and I decided do to buffet style reception and the left over food was suppose to be sent up to our suite and never was. My guests and myself had a hard time booking our rooms with front desk staff a relative of mine from out of town was put on hold several times for a long period of time, after a few tries she finally spoke with someone. I can say the food was good all my guests was happy with that. I would say staff needs more training learn to be more attentive

Sent on 11/10/2017

Detra,

We apologize that we provided less than perfect service for your wedding and that the staff was not more attentive. We appreciate all feedback; this allows us to grow as a company and ensures that every event we have at our facility exceeds every client's expectations. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity in being a small part of your special day and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Best wishes,

Pat Abboah · Getting married on 07/10/2020

1.6
      2.0

Horrible Experience during my wedding.

I had my wedding vow renewal on 10/19/19. Everything seemed ok until during the reception , they refused to serve my guest the assorted juices and soft drinks as was in the contract. The cocktail hour was nothing but one appetizer on a stick for each person and my bridal party had nothing. They later brought 2 half litre sodas to each table 3.5 hours into the party. I felt so embarrassed when my guest were told that only water was in the contract. They cheated us and ruined our special day. My husband and I paid good money and received very POOR service. The outside contractors were exceptional but the service at the reception was terrible. I have photos and videos to prove the horrible service our guest and my family received. The owner acknowledged the mistake but made excuses for his staff. The hall is very beautiful but overall, our experience at the Royal Recency was a nightmare.

Sent on 11/02/2019

Hello Mrs. Abboah,
    We are disappointed to see that despite all of our accommodations for your event, that you are still displeased. A wedding is a very special moment in the lives of all involved and we take our responsibility very seriously. We work very hard to accommodate all of our guests, and your event was no exception. The above review is a blatant attempt to stretch the truth and falsify factual information in a very public forum in an attempt to blemish our stellar reputation. We met with you and your husband following your event and provided you with photo evidence disputing your claims, including, but not limited to your claim of a lack of passed appetizers. We are very disappointed that it has come to this, though we still wish you and your husband all the best and a future filled with health and happiness.

Respectfully,