279 Reviews for The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station

Scenic Views (7)
Premium Liquor (7)
Liquor License (6)
Specialty Beer (6)
All Inclusive Packages (5)
Outside Vendors (5)
Buffet (4)
Stations (4)
Specialty Wine (4)
Liability Insurance (3)
Wireless Internet (3)
Wheelchair Access (3)
279 The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station Reviews

The whole team is so accomdating, professional and responsive! Our day was perfect!

Profile Picture Kristen, 11/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

This employees at the Riverhouse were phenomenal! They helped me create my dream wedding! They were extremely responsive to all my emails and helped in any way the could. That day they ensured every aspect of my wedding went as planned. All my guests raved about how delicious the food was as well. Highly recommend! Thank you Kelley and Linda!

Profile Picture Kaitlynn, 9/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I love this venue! The staff are extremely helpful, the ceremony setting/ballroom is beautiful and the food is delicious. My day went as I had dreamed and I definitely would recommend the Riverhouse for yours!

Profile Picture Kimberly , 8/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Event Planning, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Parking, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

The riverhouse at goodspeed station was wonderful! It’s easy to feel a little overwhelmed during portions of the wedding planning, but Hattie and Kelley were there for us each step of the way! They answered every question with prompt phone calls or emails. We had a large guest count at around 250 and were concerned about space, but Hattie and Kelley assured us that the layout would work and not feel cramped. They were right:) When walking through the tables and talking to our guests we were relieved to see how well the room flowed. We cannot say enough about how professional, responsive, and attentive the staff was throughout the whole reception planning process and their excellence continued throughout the whole wedding night! The food was delicious-everybody complimented the appetizers as well as the entrees. The staff was also so accommodating when we decided at the very last minute to extend the end time of our reception! They did everything with a smile whether it was meeting with us about decor or helping us load up our cars at the end of the night. Thank you again to The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station:)

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/18/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had the best experience with Riverhouse hosting my wedding. From the first phone call all the way to saying goodbye at the end of the night of my wedding. They are extremely organized and catered to all my needs. They truly went above and beyond and everyone raved about how beautiful the venue was and their exceptional the service. I would highly recommend the Riverhouse to any future bride.

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, All Inclusive Packages

My husband and I had the best experience with The Riverhouse from start to finish! It is such a beautiful venue with beautiful views from the patio and the nearby Eagle Landing state park that can be utilized for first look photos. Hattie was the primary contact and she was incredibly friendly and responsive throughout the entire process. Her team even helped us create a very unique offering for cocktail hour - a bacon bar! Our guests are still talking about it, along with how delicious dinner was! They have a very large menu to choose from for both appetizers and meals. When we arrived to the venue for the reception, the staff did a beautiful job setting up our decor and Linda and our bridal attendant, Michelle, made sure we were taken care of all night. I couldn’t be happier with our choice of venue!

Profile Picture Erin, 8/11/18, 4 Reviews
4.2

Food was amazing, honestly, my guests told us it was the best wedding food they have ever had! (We did the buffet). Be mindful there are no large hotels nearby for out of town guests, we had to rent a shuttle...think extra cost. Despite a few bumps in the road on wedding day I would have my wedding there again in a heart beat.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/3/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We were married at The Riverhouse on Sunday July 29, 2018, and we couldn’t be happier! Ever since we had our first tour with Hattie, we felt completely at ease. The staff helped make sure we had everything we needed to make sure our day went off without a hitch! They were always quick to reply to any questions and gave the best advise.

On the day of the wedding, our coordinator Linda was amazing. She was so helpful and guests complimented the staff and venue the whole night (we’re still receiving compliments!) Michelle was our bridal party attendant, and she was beyond incredible. She was there to assist with things I didn’t even know I needed! Linda and Michelle really made sure every detail was perfect.

There isn’t one thing I would change about our wedding, and I would HIGHLY recommend The Riverhouse for anyone looking to have a perfect wedding!

Profile Picture Kristen, 7/29/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor
4.7

Nice, accommodating venue overall.

Cons:
Have to go offsite for decent outdoor photos, bar drinks were weak and our specialty drinks just tasted okay (groom and I hardly ate and we drank all night from 8-11 without getting buzzed), bride and groom aren't served dinner first so we didn't have time to eat anything except soup and salad before people finished their meals and started speaking with us all night, when the bar first opened at the reception there was only a single bartender for the first 10 minutes until our parents mentioned this to the party manager, flower girls are not allowed to throw flower petals or anything - it's just a rule they have since they host so many weddings. Our flower girls were disappointed, but the show went on of course with the help of flower wands!

Pros:
Very friendly, helpful staff, setup and take-down of your decorations is made incredibly easy since the staff does it, the food was raved about, bride and groom's meals are packed up at the end of the night including cake, the staff makes sure everything happens right on time, we forgot to include 1 couple in our seating chart and the staff easily seated and accommodated these people (but I wish they asked us where we wanted them seated as they sat with people they didn't know), the party doesn't start without you (bride and groom) so if you're late either from getting ready or photos then they will make it work, we were not rushed out of the door at the end of the night when the part ended. Overall the staff is what makes this venue great and helps take a lot of stress off the bride and groom.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture jenna, 7/14/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Indoor, Barware, China, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)

My husband and I had our reception at the Riverhouse on June 30, 2018. I can honestly say that the Riverhouse puts together a beautiful wedding. They were responsive; answering any questions I had and responding to my concerns with solutions that were practical. They were so flexible when it came to decorating and adding in small touches that made us feel so special on our big day. The management and banquet coordinators were on top of everything! We knew when payments were due, what paperwork was expected and by when, and appointments were thorough and meaningful. They were always double and triple checking our decisions to make sure that we had the most amazing day possible. The wait staff was BEYOND exceptional. They were always making sure that my husband and I, and our families, were taken care of while also being attentive to our guests. The atmosphere is nothing short of spectacular. Being in the beautiful venue, knowing that it is yours for the night, is so relaxing and really puts the emphasis on you and your significant other. The deck, the way they decorated the ballroom and cocktail hour were all ON POINT with the vision I had in my head. Pictures in the venue, at the state park down the street, and on the gorgeous new dance floor came out spectacular. We chose to do a stations style dinner; it was phenomenal. Everyone LOVED the variety of food, how everything that was meant to be hot was still hot, and what was meant to be chilled, was. The espresso table was a hit and their flexibility in allowing us to bring in Italian cookies as our wedding favor was superb. The open bar was a hit as well! Everyone loved the bar tenders and the quality and quickness of the drinks. The cocktail horderves were loved by all of our guests; there was something for everyone! I could go on forever; bottom line: amazing venue with a staff that created the wedding of our dreams!
Gina & Michael Gervais

Profile Picture Gina, 6/30/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

We couldn’t of picked a better venue to hold our special day. The minute we took our first tour we knew our wedding was going to be there. From the start Kelly and Hattie provided everything you needed up front and followed up with you throughout the whole process to make sure you were staying on track and they were getting the information they needed. They made the planning process so easy! On our wedding day, Sarah was so attentive to us and made sure everything was going smoothly. I honestly can’t thank everyone at the riverhouse enough because they truly were all amazing and very professional. Not to mention the food is delicious everyone keeps telling us what a great time they had at our wedding and all about the food. Thank you Riverhouse for providing us one of the best and most memorable days of our lives.

Photo
Profile Picture Tracy, 6/22/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor

Our wedding was absolutely amazing! We can't thank the Riverhouse enough for everything they did to make the entire day perfect. We were in love from our very first meeting and Hattie, Kelley and the team made everything SO easy. They were so responsive and helpful in the entire year long planning process, which definitely was needed for this anxiety prone bride. The ballroom is stunning with the high ceilings and chandeliers, and so spacious; our wedding was on the larger side and there was more than enough room for people to be comfortable and be able to walk around through tables and DANCE! And the food! It was so delicious; our guests raved about the cocktail hour and dinners, everyone left happy and full for sure! Aside from all the guidance leading up the big day, on the day of the wedding, I felt like I was just anticipating something going wrong. I didn't need to worry though because everything went PERFECT! We owe so much of that to Linda and Michelle for making the day so seamless! They were extremely attentive and made everything go so smoothly; and as a plus, my drink was never empty! I could go on forever about how amazing our wedding was at The Riverhouse, we loved it and would absolutely recommend it!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/15/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Riverhouse is hands down the best place to get married in CT. Besides the fact that it's gorgeous and a private oasis, the staff were so caring and attentive. Kelley, Hattie, and Sarah were absolutely amazing and made everything from the planning onward go so smoothly. I kept making last minute changes and they were so accommodating and clearly wanted to make my wedding perfect. During the ceremony and reception I was catered to from start to finish as were my guests. The food was amazing and people wouldn't stop raving about it. At the end of the day I couldn't have picked a more perfect place to get married. Please book now guys, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 5/27/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, In-House Bar, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Set Up

While the Riverhouse seems like a basic all-inclusive ceremony and reception space, that hosts 100+ weddings a year I found that they were EXTREMELY flexible in helping to make me feel like their only bride. They have a no outside liquor policy BUT they allowed me to have a wine and chocolate ceremony with outside wine. They were willing to open our escort favors as they put them on the table. They allowed us to have a full sized fully functional traffic light on their back deck. The Riverhouse was very accommodating and very willing to add many extra touches to personalize my wedding day. Also, big kudos to the catering staff because I forgot that one of my bridesmaids was allergic to walnuts, which were on top of the salad, and when she told them at the table as they were serving the salad, the catering staff were able to go back in the kitchen and make her a new salad as if it was no trouble at all. Thank you Riverhouse for a great day!!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We were married May 4, 2018 and we truly cannot say enough great things about this venue and staff! From the sales team who are so sweet, organized and efficient (Kelley & Hattie you seriously rock!) to our banquet lead Sara and our bridal attendant Julie who was so smooth yet always had whatever we (or our parents) needed before I even know I needed something! The staff is so incredible, so kind and we're beyond a pleasure to work with. The cocktail hour, food, and dinner were fantastic and people are still raving about them! The venue is always gorgeous and with great views and flow for the guests. I could not imagine going through his process with anyone better than the RH staff, thank you for making our day the best day ever!

Profile Picture Kristin, 5/4/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

My husband and I got married at the Riverhouse at the end of April, and the day was absolutely perfect! We received so many compliments on how delicious the food was, and my aunt who has food allergies, was extremely impressed with how concerned the staff was in making sure her dinner met her dietary needs. The only complaint I had was at the end (my wedding was a daytime wedding) we were rushed out of the bridal suite because of another bride coming in an hour after our wedding ended without given any warning ahead of time. I just wish we knew about it before hand, so we could have been out of their in a timely manner and didn’t have to keep her waiting. Other than that, I had an amazing time, and will highly recommend the Riverhouse in the future!

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everyone at the Riverhouse was wonderful to work with. They were very professional and set up everything exactly as we had requested/described in our detail meetings. The day of the wedding they were calm and did not pressure/rush us through any of our event. I would highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Riverhouse was the perfect place for our 200+ guest wedding and reception. They made it so easy to plan our wedding, even though we live out of state. And it was such a good deal! So much was included, I don't think we could have done it for any cheaper if we had coordinated everything ourselves. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had no complaints at all, they were the absolute best value and experience! They were phenomenal and made my wedding so fun, it was a perfect day because of them!

Profile Picture Daniela , 3/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Riverhouse and staff were great in every aspect, I would choose them over and over again.

Profile Picture Jerrika, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our experience with The Riverhouse was amazing! We were married in January and were so pleased with the level of service we got. Working with an experienced venue was so helpful because they helped us think of details that we wouldn't have considered on our own. We loved that the communication was constant, we always knew what we had to do and what they were doing, and it was great having someone else take care of the setup and take down of everything. We were well taken care of on our actual wedding day - they thought of all the little details to make the day special - and wouldn't have changed anything about our experience!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 1/20/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Parking, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor

We loved The Riverhouse!! Hattie and Kelley made our lives so easy when it came to planning our wedding. They answered every question I asked (which were many!) and offered great suggestions when it came to vendors and ideas. The food was OUTSTANDING, I cannot rave about it enough! Everyone is still talking about how great the food was, and our wedding was a month ago! The staff on the night of our wedding was great. The bridal attendant paid close attention to both us and both sets of parents, which made everyone feel really special. We were unable to do a rehearsal at The Riverhouse, but everything ran super smoothly thanks to Linda and her team. I can honestly say that the day and night of our wedding were a breeze and a lot of that credit is owed to the staff at The Riverhouse. I cannot thank them enough for everything, they made our night truly magical!

Profile Picture Laura, 1/6/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue met every expectation and more. We could not have asked for a more professional and responsive team. They helped us pull off the wedding of our dreams !!

Profile Picture Tracy, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wireless Internet

Everyone was absolutely amazing! Anytime I had questions no matter how big or small they were, they were answered quickly. The staff was so flexible and helped with everything to make our day perfect. I was so calm the day of the wedding and was able to enjoy it knowing everything was taken care of.

Profile Picture Dana, 11/12/17, 1 Review