269 Reviews for The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station

House Liquor (5)
Specialty Beer (5)
China (5)
Parking (5)
All Inclusive Packages (4)
Outside Vendors (4)
Wireless Internet (3)
Buffet (3)
Wheelchair Access (3)
269 The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station Reviews

We were married at The Riverhouse on Sunday July 29, 2018, and we couldn’t be happier! Ever since we had our first tour with Hattie, we felt completely at ease. The staff helped make sure we had everything we needed to make sure our day went off without a hitch! They were always quick to reply to any questions and gave the best advise.

On the day of the wedding, our coordinator Linda was amazing. She was so helpful and guests complimented the staff and venue the whole night (we’re still receiving compliments!) Michelle was our bridal party attendant, and she was beyond incredible. She was there to assist with things I didn’t even know I needed! Linda and Michelle really made sure every detail was perfect.

There isn’t one thing I would change about our wedding, and I would HIGHLY recommend The Riverhouse for anyone looking to have a perfect wedding!

Profile Picture Kristen, 7/29/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor

My husband and I had our reception at the Riverhouse on June 30, 2018. I can honestly say that the Riverhouse puts together a beautiful wedding. They were responsive; answering any questions I had and responding to my concerns with solutions that were practical. They were so flexible when it came to decorating and adding in small touches that made us feel so special on our big day. The management and banquet coordinators were on top of everything! We knew when payments were due, what paperwork was expected and by when, and appointments were thorough and meaningful. They were always double and triple checking our decisions to make sure that we had the most amazing day possible. The wait staff was BEYOND exceptional. They were always making sure that my husband and I, and our families, were taken care of while also being attentive to our guests. The atmosphere is nothing short of spectacular. Being in the beautiful venue, knowing that it is yours for the night, is so relaxing and really puts the emphasis on you and your significant other. The deck, the way they decorated the ballroom and cocktail hour were all ON POINT with the vision I had in my head. Pictures in the venue, at the state park down the street, and on the gorgeous new dance floor came out spectacular. We chose to do a stations style dinner; it was phenomenal. Everyone LOVED the variety of food, how everything that was meant to be hot was still hot, and what was meant to be chilled, was. The espresso table was a hit and their flexibility in allowing us to bring in Italian cookies as our wedding favor was superb. The open bar was a hit as well! Everyone loved the bar tenders and the quality and quickness of the drinks. The cocktail horderves were loved by all of our guests; there was something for everyone! I could go on forever; bottom line: amazing venue with a staff that created the wedding of our dreams!
Gina & Michael Gervais

Profile Picture Gina, 6/30/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

We couldn’t of picked a better venue to hold our special day. The minute we took our first tour we knew our wedding was going to be there. From the start Kelly and Hattie provided everything you needed up front and followed up with you throughout the whole process to make sure you were staying on track and they were getting the information they needed. They made the planning process so easy! On our wedding day, Sarah was so attentive to us and made sure everything was going smoothly. I honestly can’t thank everyone at the riverhouse enough because they truly were all amazing and very professional. Not to mention the food is delicious everyone keeps telling us what a great time they had at our wedding and all about the food. Thank you Riverhouse for providing us one of the best and most memorable days of our lives.

Photo
Profile Picture Tracy, 6/22/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor

Our wedding was absolutely amazing! We can't thank the Riverhouse enough for everything they did to make the entire day perfect. We were in love from our very first meeting and Hattie, Kelley and the team made everything SO easy. They were so responsive and helpful in the entire year long planning process, which definitely was needed for this anxiety prone bride. The ballroom is stunning with the high ceilings and chandeliers, and so spacious; our wedding was on the larger side and there was more than enough room for people to be comfortable and be able to walk around through tables and DANCE! And the food! It was so delicious; our guests raved about the cocktail hour and dinners, everyone left happy and full for sure! Aside from all the guidance leading up the big day, on the day of the wedding, I felt like I was just anticipating something going wrong. I didn't need to worry though because everything went PERFECT! We owe so much of that to Linda and Michelle for making the day so seamless! They were extremely attentive and made everything go so smoothly; and as a plus, my drink was never empty! I could go on forever about how amazing our wedding was at The Riverhouse, we loved it and would absolutely recommend it!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/15/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

While the Riverhouse seems like a basic all-inclusive ceremony and reception space, that hosts 100+ weddings a year I found that they were EXTREMELY flexible in helping to make me feel like their only bride. They have a no outside liquor policy BUT they allowed me to have a wine and chocolate ceremony with outside wine. They were willing to open our escort favors as they put them on the table. They allowed us to have a full sized fully functional traffic light on their back deck. The Riverhouse was very accommodating and very willing to add many extra touches to personalize my wedding day. Also, big kudos to the catering staff because I forgot that one of my bridesmaids was allergic to walnuts, which were on top of the salad, and when she told them at the table as they were serving the salad, the catering staff were able to go back in the kitchen and make her a new salad as if it was no trouble at all. Thank you Riverhouse for a great day!!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We were married May 4, 2018 and we truly cannot say enough great things about this venue and staff! From the sales team who are so sweet, organized and efficient (Kelley & Hattie you seriously rock!) to our banquet lead Sara and our bridal attendant Julie who was so smooth yet always had whatever we (or our parents) needed before I even know I needed something! The staff is so incredible, so kind and we're beyond a pleasure to work with. The cocktail hour, food, and dinner were fantastic and people are still raving about them! The venue is always gorgeous and with great views and flow for the guests. I could not imagine going through his process with anyone better than the RH staff, thank you for making our day the best day ever!

Profile Picture Kristin, 5/4/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

My husband and I got married at the Riverhouse at the end of April, and the day was absolutely perfect! We received so many compliments on how delicious the food was, and my aunt who has food allergies, was extremely impressed with how concerned the staff was in making sure her dinner met her dietary needs. The only complaint I had was at the end (my wedding was a daytime wedding) we were rushed out of the bridal suite because of another bride coming in an hour after our wedding ended without given any warning ahead of time. I just wish we knew about it before hand, so we could have been out of their in a timely manner and didn’t have to keep her waiting. Other than that, I had an amazing time, and will highly recommend the Riverhouse in the future!

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everyone at the Riverhouse was wonderful to work with. They were very professional and set up everything exactly as we had requested/described in our detail meetings. The day of the wedding they were calm and did not pressure/rush us through any of our event. I would highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Riverhouse was the perfect place for our 200+ guest wedding and reception. They made it so easy to plan our wedding, even though we live out of state. And it was such a good deal! So much was included, I don't think we could have done it for any cheaper if we had coordinated everything ourselves. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had no complaints at all, they were the absolute best value and experience! They were phenomenal and made my wedding so fun, it was a perfect day because of them!

Profile Picture Daniela , 3/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Riverhouse and staff were great in every aspect, I would choose them over and over again.

Profile Picture Jerrika, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We loved The Riverhouse!! Hattie and Kelley made our lives so easy when it came to planning our wedding. They answered every question I asked (which were many!) and offered great suggestions when it came to vendors and ideas. The food was OUTSTANDING, I cannot rave about it enough! Everyone is still talking about how great the food was, and our wedding was a month ago! The staff on the night of our wedding was great. The bridal attendant paid close attention to both us and both sets of parents, which made everyone feel really special. We were unable to do a rehearsal at The Riverhouse, but everything ran super smoothly thanks to Linda and her team. I can honestly say that the day and night of our wedding were a breeze and a lot of that credit is owed to the staff at The Riverhouse. I cannot thank them enough for everything, they made our night truly magical!

Profile Picture Laura, 1/6/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue met every expectation and more. We could not have asked for a more professional and responsive team. They helped us pull off the wedding of our dreams !!

Photos
Profile Picture Tracy, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wireless Internet

Everyone was absolutely amazing! Anytime I had questions no matter how big or small they were, they were answered quickly. The staff was so flexible and helped with everything to make our day perfect. I was so calm the day of the wedding and was able to enjoy it knowing everything was taken care of.

Profile Picture Dana, 11/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I can't possibly say enough good things about The Riverhouse. Everything was absolutely amazing. The venue is gorgeous, the staff is so friendly and helpful, and very responsive to my questions. The food is so good! The bridal attendant was wonderful, our parents were so impressed that someone was checking up on them as well as on us. I could go on for hours, but I'm so, so glad we picked the Riverhouse. Everything was perfect. I absolutely recommend them!

Profile Picture User6393005, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station on 10/15/17 and I can not say enough good things about it! The venue was absolutely beautiful. The staff was so understanding and accommodating. Our day of coordinator and bridal attendant were on point with everything we needed. The staff was so helpful during our planning process and they answered every question and concern we had so quickly. Our day was absolutely perfect and magical thanks in large part to this venue. We had a BLAST and yes, the food really is that good!!!

Profile Picture Abigail, 10/15/17, 9 Reviews
4.7

LOVED my wedding the venue was beautiful and def worth the money. The staff was also great and accomedating would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Scenic Views, All Inclusive Packages

My husband and I are so happy with our decision to have our wedding at the Riverhouse. Everyone that we worked with were absolutely amazing. From the planning process to the day of, they were so helpful, and always answered our emails and phone calls the same day (usually within hours)! They made our reception run smoothly, and they treated us like royalty for the day! One of our guests mentioned how great the bartenders were, and I actually had to say that I didn’t have to go up to the bar once; all drinks were brought to us. And that is only the beginning of the list of all the little things that they did for us. The riverhouse is such a beautiful venue, and the people there are so amazing and really know how to turn a wedding into beautiful memories that will last a lifetime! We would recommend this venue to whoever is looking to have a gorgeous, memorable wedding.

Profile Picture Jacquelyn, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor, Scenic Views, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, In-House Bar, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink

We had our wedding on October, 7, 2017 at The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station in Haddam, CT. We first came into contact with The Riverhouse in September 2016 when we scheduled a tour of the facility. We instantly knew this was the place where we were supposed to be married. Our parents loved the venue as well. Working with Kelly and Jillian was such a pleasure. They were always very attentive and professional. It was so nice to be so organized and have little to worry about. No matter what question or concern, we had, there was always an answer within 24 hours.
The food was so delicious. I wish we had more time to eat it (especially during cocktail hour). We appreciated the time and effort the chef and wait staff took in order to accommodate every dietary restriction.
On our wedding day, we both were calm, cool, and collected knowing that we were in good hands with the staff. Donna, the wedding day coordinator, kept everything on schedule and made sure it went according to plan.
Pictures don’t do the venue justice. The building and the surrounding areas overlooking the Connecticut River are picturesque. You have to visit the venue in person to experience it.
Friends and family called it “the perfect wedding.” We cannot say enough “Thank You’s to The Riverhouse staff for everything they did for us to make our day the “best day ever.”

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely LOVED The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station! They really made the wedding planning process easy and organized, and the venue is gorgeous! They answered all of my questions throughout the time leading up to the wedding in a timely fashion, which helped put my mind at ease. Kelley and Jill are awesome to work with and Linda did a great job coordinating my rehearsal and wedding day! Everyone was so professional and kind which made our day even more special! I would highly recommend this venue. The views of the river from the back deck are amazing, the bridal patio is the perfect place for an outside ceremony and it's an overall romantic place!

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/23/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Scenic Views, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Parking, All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

An amazing venue ! We could not ask for more. The staff went above and beyond since the beginning of the process from the planning staff to the wait staff. Nothing but compliments for all guests. Thank you for all your hard work!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an absolutely wonderful experience having our wedding at the Riverhouse! The staff, ambiance, food , music , everything was perfect that day. The coordinators went above and beyond to work with my husband and I in every sense. If something off did happen that night , my husband and I weren’t aware because the riverhouse team had everything handled behind the scenes . I could go on and on , but you really pay for what you get with these guys ! Professionalism, class, and hospitality are truly their specialty! Thank you Riverhouse for the wedding we will never forget !

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had to change our venue last minute due to a fire at our originally booked venue. The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station was happy to accommodate us on such short notice. They were very flexible and helpful in ensuring we had the perfect wedding!

Profile Picture Theresa, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I can not express how great the whole team at the Riverhouse is !!! Any questions you had they were always there willing to help and make any changes that you needed.Our wedding day was absolutely perfect thanks to the help & services they provided! Words can not describe how thankful we were to be able to celebrate our wedding day with friends and family at this amazing venue !!!

Profile Picture alyson, 9/1/17, 1 Review