260 Reviews for The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station

Barware (4)
Flatware (4)
Glassware (4)
Linens (4)
All Inclusive Packages (3)
Bridal Suite (3)
China (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
260 The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station Reviews

My husband and I got married at the Riverhouse at the end of April, and the day was absolutely perfect! We received so many compliments on how delicious the food was, and my aunt who has food allergies, was extremely impressed with how concerned the staff was in making sure her dinner met her dietary needs. The only complaint I had was at the end (my wedding was a daytime wedding) we were rushed out of the bridal suite because of another bride coming in an hour after our wedding ended without given any warning ahead of time. I just wish we knew about it before hand, so we could have been out of their in a timely manner and didn’t have to keep her waiting. Other than that, I had an amazing time, and will highly recommend the Riverhouse in the future!

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had no complaints at all, they were the absolute best value and experience! They were phenomenal and made my wedding so fun, it was a perfect day because of them!

Profile Picture Daniela , 3/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Riverhouse and staff were great in every aspect, I would choose them over and over again.

Profile Picture Jerrika, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We loved The Riverhouse!! Hattie and Kelley made our lives so easy when it came to planning our wedding. They answered every question I asked (which were many!) and offered great suggestions when it came to vendors and ideas. The food was OUTSTANDING, I cannot rave about it enough! Everyone is still talking about how great the food was, and our wedding was a month ago! The staff on the night of our wedding was great. The bridal attendant paid close attention to both us and both sets of parents, which made everyone feel really special. We were unable to do a rehearsal at The Riverhouse, but everything ran super smoothly thanks to Linda and her team. I can honestly say that the day and night of our wedding were a breeze and a lot of that credit is owed to the staff at The Riverhouse. I cannot thank them enough for everything, they made our night truly magical!

Profile Picture Laura, 1/6/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue met every expectation and more. We could not have asked for a more professional and responsive team. They helped us pull off the wedding of our dreams !!

Photos
Profile Picture Tracy, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wireless Internet

Everyone was absolutely amazing! Anytime I had questions no matter how big or small they were, they were answered quickly. The staff was so flexible and helped with everything to make our day perfect. I was so calm the day of the wedding and was able to enjoy it knowing everything was taken care of.

Profile Picture Dana, 11/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I can't possibly say enough good things about The Riverhouse. Everything was absolutely amazing. The venue is gorgeous, the staff is so friendly and helpful, and very responsive to my questions. The food is so good! The bridal attendant was wonderful, our parents were so impressed that someone was checking up on them as well as on us. I could go on for hours, but I'm so, so glad we picked the Riverhouse. Everything was perfect. I absolutely recommend them!

Profile Picture User6393005, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station on 10/15/17 and I can not say enough good things about it! The venue was absolutely beautiful. The staff was so understanding and accommodating. Our day of coordinator and bridal attendant were on point with everything we needed. The staff was so helpful during our planning process and they answered every question and concern we had so quickly. Our day was absolutely perfect and magical thanks in large part to this venue. We had a BLAST and yes, the food really is that good!!!

Profile Picture Abigail, 10/15/17, 9 Reviews
4.7

LOVED my wedding the venue was beautiful and def worth the money. The staff was also great and accomedating would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Scenic Views, All Inclusive Packages

My husband and I are so happy with our decision to have our wedding at the Riverhouse. Everyone that we worked with were absolutely amazing. From the planning process to the day of, they were so helpful, and always answered our emails and phone calls the same day (usually within hours)! They made our reception run smoothly, and they treated us like royalty for the day! One of our guests mentioned how great the bartenders were, and I actually had to say that I didn’t have to go up to the bar once; all drinks were brought to us. And that is only the beginning of the list of all the little things that they did for us. The riverhouse is such a beautiful venue, and the people there are so amazing and really know how to turn a wedding into beautiful memories that will last a lifetime! We would recommend this venue to whoever is looking to have a gorgeous, memorable wedding.

Profile Picture Jacquelyn, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor, Scenic Views, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, In-House Bar, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink

We had our wedding on October, 7, 2017 at The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station in Haddam, CT. We first came into contact with The Riverhouse in September 2016 when we scheduled a tour of the facility. We instantly knew this was the place where we were supposed to be married. Our parents loved the venue as well. Working with Kelly and Jillian was such a pleasure. They were always very attentive and professional. It was so nice to be so organized and have little to worry about. No matter what question or concern, we had, there was always an answer within 24 hours.
The food was so delicious. I wish we had more time to eat it (especially during cocktail hour). We appreciated the time and effort the chef and wait staff took in order to accommodate every dietary restriction.
On our wedding day, we both were calm, cool, and collected knowing that we were in good hands with the staff. Donna, the wedding day coordinator, kept everything on schedule and made sure it went according to plan.
Pictures don’t do the venue justice. The building and the surrounding areas overlooking the Connecticut River are picturesque. You have to visit the venue in person to experience it.
Friends and family called it “the perfect wedding.” We cannot say enough “Thank You’s to The Riverhouse staff for everything they did for us to make our day the “best day ever.”

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely LOVED The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station! They really made the wedding planning process easy and organized, and the venue is gorgeous! They answered all of my questions throughout the time leading up to the wedding in a timely fashion, which helped put my mind at ease. Kelley and Jill are awesome to work with and Linda did a great job coordinating my rehearsal and wedding day! Everyone was so professional and kind which made our day even more special! I would highly recommend this venue. The views of the river from the back deck are amazing, the bridal patio is the perfect place for an outside ceremony and it's an overall romantic place!

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/23/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Scenic Views, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Parking, All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

An amazing venue ! We could not ask for more. The staff went above and beyond since the beginning of the process from the planning staff to the wait staff. Nothing but compliments for all guests. Thank you for all your hard work!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an absolutely wonderful experience having our wedding at the Riverhouse! The staff, ambiance, food , music , everything was perfect that day. The coordinators went above and beyond to work with my husband and I in every sense. If something off did happen that night , my husband and I weren’t aware because the riverhouse team had everything handled behind the scenes . I could go on and on , but you really pay for what you get with these guys ! Professionalism, class, and hospitality are truly their specialty! Thank you Riverhouse for the wedding we will never forget !

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had to change our venue last minute due to a fire at our originally booked venue. The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station was happy to accommodate us on such short notice. They were very flexible and helpful in ensuring we had the perfect wedding!

Profile Picture Theresa, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I can not express how great the whole team at the Riverhouse is !!! Any questions you had they were always there willing to help and make any changes that you needed.Our wedding day was absolutely perfect thanks to the help & services they provided! Words can not describe how thankful we were to be able to celebrate our wedding day with friends and family at this amazing venue !!!

Profile Picture alyson, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

There truly are not enough good things to say about the Riverhouse! My husband and I held our wedding reception here about three weeks ago, and everything was perfect from start to finish! From the moment we booked with the Riverhouse, to the day of the wedding, every single person we worked with was fantastic. Hattie, Kelley, Kelley, and Jillian were all wonderful to work with, and made sure that our day was exactly what we wanted it to be. Joann and Michelle took excellent care of us during the reception!

The food is AMAZING. We loved all of it, and our guests commented on how great the food was too! The cocktail hour had 6 butler passed hors de oeuvres and a lovely harvest table. Open bar for 5 hours was part of the package, as was our wedding cake, which we had Kim bake (from Kim's Cottage Confections).

The venue itself is just beautiful. The foyer is stunning with the stonework on the walls, and an impressive center staircase. Large windows with elegant curtains line the exterior walls, and there are some comfy seating areas on either side of the foyer. The ballroom is huge with high ceilings and french doors that line the perimeter of the room. We had about 115 guests and no one felt crowded at any time. There is also a back deck for cocktail hour and a patio off to the side for on-site ceremonies.

Overall, we had an unbelievable experience with the Riverhouse. Our wedding was all we dreamed it to be and more!
You will not be disappointed here! Go check it out!

Profile Picture Maryclaire, 8/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We are so happy that we decided to use The Riverhouse as our wedding reception venue. From the beginning Kelley and Jillian were helpful, responsive, professional, caring, and pleasant to work with. We could tell they were excited for us and always emailed or called us back right away when we had questions. Kelley often gave us a hug before we left, and we felt genuinely taken care of and respected even when we bombarded her with tons of questions. They had a great timeline schedule of meetings, and met with us the week of the wedding to collect all our decorations, go over our schedule for the day, and answer any last questions. They were so flexible in terms of working with us to accommodate our needs. We needed to start the reception half an hour later than they typically run, and they adjusted our per person price accordingly which then allowed us to throw on the price of gold charger plates underneath our regular plates as a bonus decoration. Compared to other venues in the area, we got a lot of awesome add-ons for a really good price, such as wine service with dinner included, as well as the 6 passed appetizers, open bar, house music, and champagne greeting. The actual day of our wedding was perfect! We were and are so happy with the presentation of the whole event. The tables and atmosphere were beautifully set up with the napkins and table overlays that we had chosen. They had a bridal attendant keeping tabs on how we were doing and bringing us champagne. The bartender was super friendly. The entire venue was just clean, beautiful, and elegant. I could not have been happier with The Riverhouse staff and atmosphere. And last but not least, the food was amazing. We got many compliments during and after the wedding on how delicious the food was, and wedding food is sometimes hit or miss! The Riverhouse sent us home with several slices of our cake to enjoy the next day, as well as a small package that included chocolates, and champagne-a total surprise.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Riverhouse completely exceeded all of our expectations. We had our wedding reception at the Riverhouse and as soon as we arrived everything was perfection. We cannot thank the entire staff enough from the wedding attendant day of to Hattie and Kelley who were extremely professional and were flexible and accommodating to our every ask. I also cannot say enough about the food. Our guests during and after the wedding commented that they enjoyed the food and several of our guests told us it was the best wedding meal they've ever had. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect thanks to the Riverhouse staff and we could not have had a more classy wedding anywhere else!

Profile Picture Kristina, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Fantastic service, great food and beautiful facility. Linda was fenomenal ✔️

Profile Picture Belu, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

The entire team at Riverhouse was exceptional and so attentive from the very first decision to book the venue several years prior all the way up to the day of the wedding. The night ran flawlessly all thanks to their coordination and dedication!

Profile Picture Sara, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hattie and Kelley were absolutely amazing! The staff at the Riverhouse on our wedding day were prompt, timely, and everything ran so smoothly. We had our ceremony on site, outside, which was beautiful as well. Food is the best I have had at any wedding before (not being biased). Overall, such a great experience and would have chosen the Riverhouse no matter what for my wedding day!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/10/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

The Riverhouse is a great venue and the staff there is absolutely amazing!

Profile Picture Jenna, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We enjoyed virtually every aspect of our entire process and wedding day with The Riverhouse. The staff (especially Kelley and Jillian) was always very responsive when we had questions, needed to change something, and were incredibly accommodating for the large number of food allergies that our guests had. The food was incredible and our guests continue to tell us how great it all was. The only item that we would recommend for future couples is to be able to meet/communicate with the person who will be handling day-of details further in advance. Some items that we had covered earlier in the process had to be gone over again during our final meeting or rehearsal/day-of. Overall though, we would recommend having an event at the Riverhouse to anyone!

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/27/17, 1 Review