The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station Reviews

The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 7
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 07/26/2019

Incredible Wedding

My husband and I got married at the Riverhouse on July 26. From our first tour, we knew the Riverhouse was the place we wanted to get married. Hattie and Kelley were absolutely incredible from day one and went above and beyond throughout the entire process. They both replied to every email very quickly. Hattie helped me with so many things I hadn’t even thought about! The Riverhouse is very accommodating and their staff were incredible the day of our wedding. Linda, our coordinator, did an outstanding job with every detail and bringing our vision to life. There was a car accident that delayed my bridal party and guests- but Linda truly helped keep everything on track so we did not lose precious moments. Our guests RAVED about all of the food! I have truly been in a depression now that the wedding is over because it was such an amazing day and I’m sad to not be working with the Riverhouse anymore!

Sent on 08/15/2019
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 8
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 9
  • Brittany

Brittany Anne · Married on 07/05/2019

The Riverhouse=Amazing

There are no words to describe how my wedding went at the Riverhouse. They did such an amazing job making my wedding the best day of my life. The ceremony set up outside was perfect, the food was amazing, Hattie and everyone at the Riverhouse worked to make me feel I was the only bride they've ever worked with. Everyone made me feel special and I would 100% recommend the Riverhouse to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 05/25/2019

A Personalized Wedding Experience

The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station was the best decision I could have made about my wedding! I had planned our wedding from California, and right from the start Hattie and her staff made it easy. Hattie contacted me and suggested a FaceTime appointment, where she showed me the venue and talked me through the options that the Riverhouse offered. As the time got closer, Kelley took over, but she was just as resourceful and calming as Hattie. They made me feel as if I was the only bride that they had on the books!

Aside from the excellent staff (and I can't forget to mention Linda, the day of coordinator, and Michele, our server for the night!), let's talk about the food. It was UH-MAZING. All of our guests loved everything that they had to offer, especially the hors d'oeuvres. When you book with the Riverhouse, you must have the lobster mac n' cheese!

Overall, if I had to do my wedding all over again, I would pick the Riverhouse again and again. They made the experience so easy, even from a distance, and I cannot say enough good things about the Riverhouse and their staff!

Sent on 06/07/2019
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 10

Lacey · Married on 05/24/2019

Wedding may 24 2019

This venue was amazing! They really make sure everything is perfect for the BIG day ! They treat you like king and queen and it’s awesome ! They are on top of everything and it was the most perfect day of my life

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Lenares · Married on 05/18/2019

Best Wedding Venue Ever!!

The Riverhouse exceeded every expectation we had for our wedding, it is an amazing venue!! Kelley and Hattie were so incredibly great to work with during the planning process, because of them, the planning process was stress-free! They were so attentive to answering any questions we had, and always answered back in a timely manner! Also, they are so incredibly friendly, it makes you feel like you have known them for years!! They made our vision we had for our wedding come true! The day of the wedding, our bridal attendant, Michele, was nothing short of amazing!!! She was so incredibly attentive and made sure through the entire night that we, along with our parents, had everything we needed. My father even made several comments on how awesome and attentive Michele was, along with the rest of the staff! Anything we needed that night, they were right there to make sure we had it. We were able to do cocktail hour outside on the patio, and the staff were so great on passing the apps around both inside and outside were the guests were. I am so glad our guests were able to enjoy the wonderful view from the outside patio/deck. We had a large wedding, 240 guests, and we received many compliments on how wonderful the food was from the apps, to the pasta, to the main course! If I could do my wedding all over again at the Riverhouse, I certainly would and I wouldn’t change a thing! Don’t waste your time looking at other wedding venues, pick the Riverhouse, you will not be disappointed!!!!

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Liz

Liz Vitali · Married on 05/11/2019

Can't say enough good things about The Riverhouse!!

We cannot say enough good things about The Riverhouse!! Hattie & Kelley, the sales staff, were absolutely amazing. From the day we toured to the night before our wedding, they answered every crazy question I had and were super helpful with suggestions. The banquet staff the day of our wedding was just as amazing. Michelle, our bridal attendant, made sure our drinks were never empty and our food didn't sit on our table getting cold while we were talking to guests. Our parents and bridal party were treated like royalty. Linda, the banquet manager, was also exceptional making sure everything was running smooth and taken care of. Our guests are still raving about the food and how they want more! The entire venue is fantastic - it's beautiful enough by itself but it's also versatile so you can bring in your own style and it will all come together. If you're looking to feel stress-free during your wedding planning and the day of, book The Riverhouse!!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Dara

Dara · Married on 03/30/2019

Obsessed!

To say that the day was perfect is an understatement. From the minute we decided to go with the Riverhouse, all the way until we left the venue on our wedding night, we had the best experience ever. The staff went above and beyond! I wrote sooo many emails with questions of all sizes, and every single one was answered so quickly, calming my nerves. Hattie, Sarah, and Kelley helped to make our wedding exactly what we had wanted.
    During our wedding day, Sarah was there to be sure everything ran smoothly. Everyone was so prepared! We also worked with Michele, who took such great care of my family and bridal party! From having a celebration cocktail ready, to bustling my dress, she was right there!
    Every person I have talked to has gushed about how perfect the day was. The venue was beautiful and we lacked nothing! This was by far the best decision we made and we wish we could do it all again this weekend!!

Sent on 04/04/2019
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 11

Caitlin · Married on 03/29/2019

Amazing staff and venue!

The staff and venue made everything so easy for us. They were very helpful throughout the entire planning process, I highly recommend!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Hilary

Hilary · Married on 02/09/2019

5 star service

Everyone at the riverhouse went above and beyond for our wedding and every day prior. From accommodating my family to visit before booking, quick responses to emails and phone calls and even adding personal condolences when I lost my father. Their food is outstanding especially the mashed potatoes. There is something for everyone on the menu. And they really made sure I was taken care of the day of with my own attendant. The fact that they provided the bar, cock tail hour, and the cake in their price made planning much less stressful.

Sent on 02/12/2019

Kristen · Married on 11/09/2018

The whole team is so accomdating, professional and responsive! Our day was perfect!

• Chelsea

Chelsea Olexovitch · Married on 10/19/2018

The Perfect Venue

While searching for venues The Riverhouse was the last location we visited. Upon walking through the doors we instantly knew this was where we wanted to hold our wedding. The location was stunning and every employee we interacted with was just a pleasure. Our planning process couldn’t have gone any smoother with the help of Kelley. She was so organized and answered every question we had quickly! We also owe a lot of the success of our wedding night to Sarah (our event coordinator) and Michele (our bridal attendant). They were both so attentive and made sure we and our families had everything we needed as well as helped keep the night running smoothly and on track. You can’t get anyone better than these two!

In addition to the great service, the food and beverages were outstanding! We continue to receive compliments on the food and it was truly our guests favorite part of the evening.

We can’t thank The Riverhouse enough for their time and commitment to our wedding! Thank you so much for making the night so special!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Lisa · Married on 10/12/2018

Perfect Venue for a Perfect Day

The riverhouse was incredible! They handled everything and made wedding planning so easy. It was so easy to enjoy the day when they were so helpful!

Sent on 10/30/2018

David Pinho · Married on 10/05/2018

Fantastic!

Working with the Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station was one of the best decisions I made in planning the wedding. Kelley and Hattie were so fantastic! They were with me every step of the way, from the moment I booked the venue right up until the big day. They were super organized and it was so nice to have someone to work with who kept me on track. On the night of our wedding, Michelle (our bridal attendant) was such an integral part of our night. She helped to ensure that my husband and I actually got to enjoy our wedding (which we did!). We are so grateful for the Riverhouse staff, we're still hearing compliments from our guests. We would recommend The Riverhouse over and over!

Sent on 10/21/2018
  • Kaitlynn

Kaitlynn · Married on 09/21/2018

This employees at the Riverhouse were phenomenal! They helped me create my dream wedding! They were extremely responsive to all my emails and helped in any way the could. That day they ensured every aspect of my wedding went as planned. All my guests raved about how delicious the food was as well. Highly recommend! Thank you Kelley and Linda!

Sent on 09/23/2018
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 08/19/2018

I love this venue! The staff are extremely helpful, the ceremony setting/ballroom is beautiful and the food is delicious. My day went as I had dreamed and I definitely would recommend the Riverhouse for yours!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Melissa · Married on 08/18/2018

The riverhouse at goodspeed station was wonderful! It’s easy to feel a little overwhelmed during portions of the wedding planning, but Hattie and Kelley were there for us each step of the way! They answered every question with prompt phone calls or emails. We had a large guest count at around 250 and were concerned about space, but Hattie and Kelley assured us that the layout would work and not feel cramped. They were right:) When walking through the tables and talking to our guests we were relieved to see how well the room flowed. We cannot say enough about how professional, responsive, and attentive the staff was throughout the whole reception planning process and their excellence continued throughout the whole wedding night! The food was delicious-everybody complimented the appetizers as well as the entrees. The staff was also so accommodating when we decided at the very last minute to extend the end time of our reception! They did everything with a smile whether it was meeting with us about decor or helping us load up our cars at the end of the night. Thank you again to The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station:)

Sent on 09/03/2018

Brittany · Married on 08/17/2018

I had the best experience with Riverhouse hosting my wedding. From the first phone call all the way to saying goodbye at the end of the night of my wedding. They are extremely organized and catered to all my needs. They truly went above and beyond and everyone raved about how beautiful the venue was and their exceptional the service. I would highly recommend the Riverhouse to any future bride.

The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 12
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 13
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 14

Erin · Married on 08/11/2018

My husband and I had the best experience with The Riverhouse from start to finish! It is such a beautiful venue with beautiful views from the patio and the nearby Eagle Landing state park that can be utilized for first look photos. Hattie was the primary contact and she was incredibly friendly and responsive throughout the entire process. Her team even helped us create a very unique offering for cocktail hour - a bacon bar! Our guests are still talking about it, along with how delicious dinner was! They have a very large menu to choose from for both appetizers and meals. When we arrived to the venue for the reception, the staff did a beautiful job setting up our decor and Linda and our bridal attendant, Michelle, made sure we were taken care of all night. I couldn’t be happier with our choice of venue!

Kristen · Married on 07/29/2018

We were married at The Riverhouse on Sunday July 29, 2018, and we couldn’t be happier! Ever since we had our first tour with Hattie, we felt completely at ease. The staff helped make sure we had everything we needed to make sure our day went off without a hitch! They were always quick to reply to any questions and gave the best advise.

On the day of the wedding, our coordinator Linda was amazing. She was so helpful and guests complimented the staff and venue the whole night (we’re still receiving compliments!) Michelle was our bridal party attendant, and she was beyond incredible. She was there to assist with things I didn’t even know I needed! Linda and Michelle really made sure every detail was perfect.

There isn’t one thing I would change about our wedding, and I would HIGHLY recommend The Riverhouse for anyone looking to have a perfect wedding!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Joan · Married on 07/03/2018

We had the pleasure of hosting our daughters wedding on Tues. July 3, 2018 at the River House. There are not enough words, starting a year ago when we met with Kelly and signed our contract. The staff is experienced professionals and it was evident thru the entire process. Hattie, Kelly and Linda the evenings coordinator, calm, caring unassuming women who guided us thru and made every moment beyond perfect for my daughter and new husband, guests , bridal party etc. We were overwhelmed by the service and our special waitress Michele. Every guest complimented us on their level of service that evening. Hats off the the venue, vendor coordination and overall wonderful memories you provide to your brides and guests. We had a packed dance floor and it was a party worthy of Independence Day. You thought of everything all night , kept us on schedule and all we had to think about was having fun! Thank you all for the service and playing an integral role in the entire planning process, you are all very special people. Any bride is lucky to have her dream wedding here as YOU guys make it happen!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Gina · Married on 06/30/2018

My husband and I had our reception at the Riverhouse on June 30, 2018. I can honestly say that the Riverhouse puts together a beautiful wedding. They were responsive; answering any questions I had and responding to my concerns with solutions that were practical. They were so flexible when it came to decorating and adding in small touches that made us feel so special on our big day. The management and banquet coordinators were on top of everything! We knew when payments were due, what paperwork was expected and by when, and appointments were thorough and meaningful. They were always double and triple checking our decisions to make sure that we had the most amazing day possible. The wait staff was BEYOND exceptional. They were always making sure that my husband and I, and our families, were taken care of while also being attentive to our guests. The atmosphere is nothing short of spectacular. Being in the beautiful venue, knowing that it is yours for the night, is so relaxing and really puts the emphasis on you and your significant other. The deck, the way they decorated the ballroom and cocktail hour were all ON POINT with the vision I had in my head. Pictures in the venue, at the state park down the street, and on the gorgeous new dance floor came out spectacular. We chose to do a stations style dinner; it was phenomenal. Everyone LOVED the variety of food, how everything that was meant to be hot was still hot, and what was meant to be chilled, was. The espresso table was a hit and their flexibility in allowing us to bring in Italian cookies as our wedding favor was superb. The open bar was a hit as well! Everyone loved the bar tenders and the quality and quickness of the drinks. The cocktail horderves were loved by all of our guests; there was something for everyone! I could go on forever; bottom line: amazing venue with a staff that created the wedding of our dreams!
    Gina & Michael Gervais

Sent on 07/09/2018
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 15
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 16
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 17
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 18

Tracy · Married on 06/22/2018

We couldn’t of picked a better venue to hold our special day. The minute we took our first tour we knew our wedding was going to be there. From the start Kelly and Hattie provided everything you needed up front and followed up with you throughout the whole process to make sure you were staying on track and they were getting the information they needed. They made the planning process so easy! On our wedding day, Sarah was so attentive to us and made sure everything was going smoothly. I honestly can’t thank everyone at the riverhouse enough because they truly were all amazing and very professional. Not to mention the food is delicious everyone keeps telling us what a great time they had at our wedding and all about the food. Thank you Riverhouse for providing us one of the best and most memorable days of our lives.

Sent on 08/02/2018
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 23
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 24
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 25

Jennifer · Married on 06/15/2018

Our wedding was absolutely amazing! We can't thank the Riverhouse enough for everything they did to make the entire day perfect. We were in love from our very first meeting and Hattie, Kelley and the team made everything SO easy. They were so responsive and helpful in the entire year long planning process, which definitely was needed for this anxiety prone bride. The ballroom is stunning with the high ceilings and chandeliers, and so spacious; our wedding was on the larger side and there was more than enough room for people to be comfortable and be able to walk around through tables and DANCE! And the food! It was so delicious; our guests raved about the cocktail hour and dinners, everyone left happy and full for sure! Aside from all the guidance leading up the big day, on the day of the wedding, I felt like I was just anticipating something going wrong. I didn't need to worry though because everything went PERFECT! We owe so much of that to Linda and Michelle for making the day so seamless! They were extremely attentive and made everything go so smoothly; and as a plus, my drink was never empty! I could go on forever about how amazing our wedding was at The Riverhouse, we loved it and would absolutely recommend it!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Chelsea · Married on 05/27/2018

The Riverhouse is hands down the best place to get married in CT. Besides the fact that it's gorgeous and a private oasis, the staff were so caring and attentive. Kelley, Hattie, and Sarah were absolutely amazing and made everything from the planning onward go so smoothly. I kept making last minute changes and they were so accommodating and clearly wanted to make my wedding perfect. During the ceremony and reception I was catered to from start to finish as were my guests. The food was amazing and people wouldn't stop raving about it. At the end of the day I couldn't have picked a more perfect place to get married. Please book now guys, you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/19/2018