The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station Reviews

281 | Haddam, CT

281 Reviews for The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station

281 The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station Reviews

Kristen · Married on 11/09/2018

The whole team is so accomdating, professional and responsive! Our day was perfect!

Lisa · Married on 10/12/2018

Perfect Venue for a Perfect Day

The riverhouse was incredible! They handled everything and made wedding planning so easy. It was so easy to enjoy the day when they were so helpful!

David Pinho · Married on 10/05/2018

Fantastic!

Working with the Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station was one of the best decisions I made in planning the wedding. Kelley and Hattie were so fantastic! They were with me every step of the way, from the moment I booked the venue right up until the big day. They were super organized and it was so nice to have someone to work with who kept me on track. On the night of our wedding, Michelle (our bridal attendant) was such an integral part of our night. She helped to ensure that my husband and I actually got to enjoy our wedding (which we did!). We are so grateful for the Riverhouse staff, we're still hearing compliments from our guests. We would recommend The Riverhouse over and over!

• Kaitlynn

Kaitlynn · Married on 09/21/2018

This employees at the Riverhouse were phenomenal! They helped me create my dream wedding! They were extremely responsive to all my emails and helped in any way the could. That day they ensured every aspect of my wedding went as planned. All my guests raved about how delicious the food was as well. Highly recommend! Thank you Kelley and Linda!

Kimberly · Married on 08/19/2018

I love this venue! The staff are extremely helpful, the ceremony setting/ballroom is beautiful and the food is delicious. My day went as I had dreamed and I definitely would recommend the Riverhouse for yours!

Melissa · Married on 08/18/2018

The riverhouse at goodspeed station was wonderful! It’s easy to feel a little overwhelmed during portions of the wedding planning, but Hattie and Kelley were there for us each step of the way! They answered every question with prompt phone calls or emails. We had a large guest count at around 250 and were concerned about space, but Hattie and Kelley assured us that the layout would work and not feel cramped. They were right:) When walking through the tables and talking to our guests we were relieved to see how well the room flowed. We cannot say enough about how professional, responsive, and attentive the staff was throughout the whole reception planning process and their excellence continued throughout the whole wedding night! The food was delicious-everybody complimented the appetizers as well as the entrees. The staff was also so accommodating when we decided at the very last minute to extend the end time of our reception! They did everything with a smile whether it was meeting with us about decor or helping us load up our cars at the end of the night. Thank you again to The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station:)

Brittany · Married on 08/17/2018

I had the best experience with Riverhouse hosting my wedding. From the first phone call all the way to saying goodbye at the end of the night of my wedding. They are extremely organized and catered to all my needs. They truly went above and beyond and everyone raved about how beautiful the venue was and their exceptional the service. I would highly recommend the Riverhouse to any future bride.

The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 1
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 2
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 3

Erin · Married on 08/11/2018

My husband and I had the best experience with The Riverhouse from start to finish! It is such a beautiful venue with beautiful views from the patio and the nearby Eagle Landing state park that can be utilized for first look photos. Hattie was the primary contact and she was incredibly friendly and responsive throughout the entire process. Her team even helped us create a very unique offering for cocktail hour - a bacon bar! Our guests are still talking about it, along with how delicious dinner was! They have a very large menu to choose from for both appetizers and meals. When we arrived to the venue for the reception, the staff did a beautiful job setting up our decor and Linda and our bridal attendant, Michelle, made sure we were taken care of all night. I couldn’t be happier with our choice of venue!

Kristen · Married on 07/29/2018

We were married at The Riverhouse on Sunday July 29, 2018, and we couldn’t be happier! Ever since we had our first tour with Hattie, we felt completely at ease. The staff helped make sure we had everything we needed to make sure our day went off without a hitch! They were always quick to reply to any questions and gave the best advise.

On the day of the wedding, our coordinator Linda was amazing. She was so helpful and guests complimented the staff and venue the whole night (we’re still receiving compliments!) Michelle was our bridal party attendant, and she was beyond incredible. She was there to assist with things I didn’t even know I needed! Linda and Michelle really made sure every detail was perfect.

There isn’t one thing I would change about our wedding, and I would HIGHLY recommend The Riverhouse for anyone looking to have a perfect wedding!

Gina · Married on 06/30/2018

My husband and I had our reception at the Riverhouse on June 30, 2018. I can honestly say that the Riverhouse puts together a beautiful wedding. They were responsive; answering any questions I had and responding to my concerns with solutions that were practical. They were so flexible when it came to decorating and adding in small touches that made us feel so special on our big day. The management and banquet coordinators were on top of everything! We knew when payments were due, what paperwork was expected and by when, and appointments were thorough and meaningful. They were always double and triple checking our decisions to make sure that we had the most amazing day possible. The wait staff was BEYOND exceptional. They were always making sure that my husband and I, and our families, were taken care of while also being attentive to our guests. The atmosphere is nothing short of spectacular. Being in the beautiful venue, knowing that it is yours for the night, is so relaxing and really puts the emphasis on you and your significant other. The deck, the way they decorated the ballroom and cocktail hour were all ON POINT with the vision I had in my head. Pictures in the venue, at the state park down the street, and on the gorgeous new dance floor came out spectacular. We chose to do a stations style dinner; it was phenomenal. Everyone LOVED the variety of food, how everything that was meant to be hot was still hot, and what was meant to be chilled, was. The espresso table was a hit and their flexibility in allowing us to bring in Italian cookies as our wedding favor was superb. The open bar was a hit as well! Everyone loved the bar tenders and the quality and quickness of the drinks. The cocktail horderves were loved by all of our guests; there was something for everyone! I could go on forever; bottom line: amazing venue with a staff that created the wedding of our dreams!
    Gina & Michael Gervais

The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 4
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 5
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 6
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 7

Tracy · Married on 06/22/2018

We couldn’t of picked a better venue to hold our special day. The minute we took our first tour we knew our wedding was going to be there. From the start Kelly and Hattie provided everything you needed up front and followed up with you throughout the whole process to make sure you were staying on track and they were getting the information they needed. They made the planning process so easy! On our wedding day, Sarah was so attentive to us and made sure everything was going smoothly. I honestly can’t thank everyone at the riverhouse enough because they truly were all amazing and very professional. Not to mention the food is delicious everyone keeps telling us what a great time they had at our wedding and all about the food. Thank you Riverhouse for providing us one of the best and most memorable days of our lives.

The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 8
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 9
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 10
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 11
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 12
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 13
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 14

Jennifer · Married on 06/15/2018

Our wedding was absolutely amazing! We can't thank the Riverhouse enough for everything they did to make the entire day perfect. We were in love from our very first meeting and Hattie, Kelley and the team made everything SO easy. They were so responsive and helpful in the entire year long planning process, which definitely was needed for this anxiety prone bride. The ballroom is stunning with the high ceilings and chandeliers, and so spacious; our wedding was on the larger side and there was more than enough room for people to be comfortable and be able to walk around through tables and DANCE! And the food! It was so delicious; our guests raved about the cocktail hour and dinners, everyone left happy and full for sure! Aside from all the guidance leading up the big day, on the day of the wedding, I felt like I was just anticipating something going wrong. I didn't need to worry though because everything went PERFECT! We owe so much of that to Linda and Michelle for making the day so seamless! They were extremely attentive and made everything go so smoothly; and as a plus, my drink was never empty! I could go on forever about how amazing our wedding was at The Riverhouse, we loved it and would absolutely recommend it!

Chelsea · Married on 05/27/2018

The Riverhouse is hands down the best place to get married in CT. Besides the fact that it's gorgeous and a private oasis, the staff were so caring and attentive. Kelley, Hattie, and Sarah were absolutely amazing and made everything from the planning onward go so smoothly. I kept making last minute changes and they were so accommodating and clearly wanted to make my wedding perfect. During the ceremony and reception I was catered to from start to finish as were my guests. The food was amazing and people wouldn't stop raving about it. At the end of the day I couldn't have picked a more perfect place to get married. Please book now guys, you won't regret it!

The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 15
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 20
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 21
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 22

Alyssa · Married on 05/26/2018

While the Riverhouse seems like a basic all-inclusive ceremony and reception space, that hosts 100+ weddings a year I found that they were EXTREMELY flexible in helping to make me feel like their only bride. They have a no outside liquor policy BUT they allowed me to have a wine and chocolate ceremony with outside wine. They were willing to open our escort favors as they put them on the table. They allowed us to have a full sized fully functional traffic light on their back deck. The Riverhouse was very accommodating and very willing to add many extra touches to personalize my wedding day. Also, big kudos to the catering staff because I forgot that one of my bridesmaids was allergic to walnuts, which were on top of the salad, and when she told them at the table as they were serving the salad, the catering staff were able to go back in the kitchen and make her a new salad as if it was no trouble at all. Thank you Riverhouse for a great day!!

Kristin · Married on 05/04/2018

We were married May 4, 2018 and we truly cannot say enough great things about this venue and staff! From the sales team who are so sweet, organized and efficient (Kelley & Hattie you seriously rock!) to our banquet lead Sara and our bridal attendant Julie who was so smooth yet always had whatever we (or our parents) needed before I even know I needed something! The staff is so incredible, so kind and we're beyond a pleasure to work with. The cocktail hour, food, and dinner were fantastic and people are still raving about them! The venue is always gorgeous and with great views and flow for the guests. I could not imagine going through his process with anyone better than the RH staff, thank you for making our day the best day ever!

Kelly · Married on 04/28/2018

My husband and I got married at the Riverhouse at the end of April, and the day was absolutely perfect! We received so many compliments on how delicious the food was, and my aunt who has food allergies, was extremely impressed with how concerned the staff was in making sure her dinner met her dietary needs. The only complaint I had was at the end (my wedding was a daytime wedding) we were rushed out of the bridal suite because of another bride coming in an hour after our wedding ended without given any warning ahead of time. I just wish we knew about it before hand, so we could have been out of their in a timely manner and didn’t have to keep her waiting. Other than that, I had an amazing time, and will highly recommend the Riverhouse in the future!

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/14/2018

Everyone at the Riverhouse was wonderful to work with. They were very professional and set up everything exactly as we had requested/described in our detail meetings. The day of the wedding they were calm and did not pressure/rush us through any of our event. I would highly recommend this venue!

The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 23
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 24
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 25

Kimberly · Married on 04/07/2018

The Riverhouse was the perfect place for our 200+ guest wedding and reception. They made it so easy to plan our wedding, even though we live out of state. And it was such a good deal! So much was included, I don't think we could have done it for any cheaper if we had coordinated everything ourselves. I highly recommend them!

Daniela · Married on 03/18/2018

I had no complaints at all, they were the absolute best value and experience! They were phenomenal and made my wedding so fun, it was a perfect day because of them!

The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 26

Jerrika · Married on 03/10/2018

The Riverhouse and staff were great in every aspect, I would choose them over and over again.

Rebecca · Married on 01/20/2018

Our experience with The Riverhouse was amazing! We were married in January and were so pleased with the level of service we got. Working with an experienced venue was so helpful because they helped us think of details that we wouldn't have considered on our own. We loved that the communication was constant, we always knew what we had to do and what they were doing, and it was great having someone else take care of the setup and take down of everything. We were well taken care of on our actual wedding day - they thought of all the little details to make the day special - and wouldn't have changed anything about our experience!

The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 27
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 28
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 29

Laura · Married on 01/06/2018

We loved The Riverhouse!! Hattie and Kelley made our lives so easy when it came to planning our wedding. They answered every question I asked (which were many!) and offered great suggestions when it came to vendors and ideas. The food was OUTSTANDING, I cannot rave about it enough! Everyone is still talking about how great the food was, and our wedding was a month ago! The staff on the night of our wedding was great. The bridal attendant paid close attention to both us and both sets of parents, which made everyone feel really special. We were unable to do a rehearsal at The Riverhouse, but everything ran super smoothly thanks to Linda and her team. I can honestly say that the day and night of our wedding were a breeze and a lot of that credit is owed to the staff at The Riverhouse. I cannot thank them enough for everything, they made our night truly magical!

Tracy · Married on 11/25/2017

This venue met every expectation and more. We could not have asked for a more professional and responsive team. They helped us pull off the wedding of our dreams !!

The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 30
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 36
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 37
    The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station 38
  • User6393005 · 1+ year ago

I can't possibly say enough good things about The Riverhouse. Everything was absolutely amazing. The venue is gorgeous, the staff is so friendly and helpful, and very responsive to my questions. The food is so good! The bridal attendant was wonderful, our parents were so impressed that someone was checking up on them as well as on us. I could go on for hours, but I'm so, so glad we picked the Riverhouse. Everything was perfect. I absolutely recommend them!