The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes Reviews

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes 2
The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes 3
The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes 4

Allie · Married on 05/13/2018

My experience with the Ritz has been so perfect. They did everything I wanted for my wedding and more. Leigh Anne was my coordinator and she was amazing and always very easy to get in touch with. I’m so grateful for all of their hard work! The cake they made for us was to the detail exactly what we asked for.

Sent on 05/26/2018
    The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes 5
    The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes 6
    The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes 7
    The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes 8

JESSICA · Married on 11/12/2016

AMAZING!!!! I have planned my wedding with The Ritz Carlton and my coordinator there Megan Buncis, for a year and a half! Every step of the way was great with awesome service! They made me feel wanted and pampered always! :) Orlando has SO many wedding venues to select from but I know I selected the best one! The food, service and atmosphere is a dream! I would over and over again recommend this venue to any bride considering it! :) Thank you Ritz!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Gabrielle · Married on 06/06/2015

We used both the Ritz Carlton and JW Marriott at Grande Lakes property (they share the same property) for our venue and it was fantastic. We worked with Michael from the Ritz Carlton and he did everything he could at all times to make my husband and I happy with our day, Sarah Selman also helped out with room blocking for our guests. Everything ran smoothly and if there was even the slightest hiccup in the road, the team was on it to make it right! A very good feeling to have on your wedding day. The groom and his brothers wanted to play a round of golf the day of the wedding and Michael coordinated everything for that so well. They set up a cake tasting that was AMAZING. This team really goes above and beyond what you expect and they have a smile on their faces the entire way through!

Beautiful site, beautiful services, beautiful people! A+++!

Sent on 06/18/2015
  • User4664684 · event on 12/18/2014

Their attention to detail was fantastic. They went above and beyond to ensure we had a wonderful holiday party!

Sent on 01/05/2015

lois · Married on 11/02/2013

The Ritz Carlton is an amazing venue. The grounds are beautiful and the hotel is elegant (made for some beautiful wedding pictures). The staff is friendly, very helpful, and accommodating. After the contract is signed, you are introduced to your wedding coordinator. We met with her on MANY occasions and her help was invaluable, since we chose not to have a wedding planner. Megan helped with EVERY decision involving the Ritz Carlton, from selecting the ballroom, the menu for reception and cocktail hour, place settings and linens, to room reservations for guests. She even contacted all our vendors to coordinate and confirm last minute details. She made all the arrangements the day of the wedding when we had to move an outdoor ceremony at the gazebo to an inside ballroom. It made the wedding day stress free. The reception was flawless and ran smoothly thanks to Megan and the banquet manager. My husband and I were never intruded on during the reception and we enjoyed the evening immensely. EVERYTHING my daughter asked Megan to set up was done exactly as she wanted, from place cards to favors and sparkler send off. Guests were raving about the meal and stated it was the best filet they ever had and the service was wonderful. The dessert table was great and the cake was delicious. We planned a Sunday farewell brunch and the Ritz Carlton did a wonderful array of breakfast items. They set up the brunch in the out door courtyard with umbrellas and the best surprise was they took the flowers from the reception and had them on the buffet table and on the individual guest tables as center pieces. They also brought flowers up to the bridal honeymoon suite. The Ritz Carlton helped to make 11/2/13 the best day for all of us.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Rebecca · Married on 07/27/2013

I had a three day wedding here and love it !The staff was flexible and accommodating. The food was fantastic and and my guests were well taken care of.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Ashley · Married on 05/04/2013

Ted and I are so thankful for the incredible service, care and detail that was put into creating our special day by The Ritz-Carlton Orlando Team. We took our time searching for the perfect wedding venue, and when we visited The Ritz-Carlton, we knew it was the right match for us and couldn't be happier!

My husband and I selected our wonderful wedding cuisine from The Ritz-Carlton catering team. The food was so incredibly tasty, and met the level of service you would expect at The Ritz-Carlton.

We also selected our wedding cake through The Ritz-Carlton. I sent a photo of my wedding dress to the hotel and they created a beautiful sketch of our wedding cake that resembled key aspects of my dress, and was absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed both chocolate cake with raspberry filling, and a light cheesecake with fruit topping.

The professional team that we worked with at the hotel was top-notch. Grace Beredo initially worked with us on our wedding contract. She was wonderful to work with, and answered our questions throroughly to make sure we were creating our dream event. On the day of the wedding, Sara Brooks was our wedding concierge, who worked side by side with Megan Bucnis. Sara throughout the day continued to go out of her way to make sure our day was running smoothly and extra special. Most of our communication was with Megan Bucnis throughout the wedding planning. She was kind, caring and so professional, and was constantly helping us create our perfect wedding day. When we had a question, Megan would quickly get us an answer. Ted and I went to visit the hotel a handful of times to help us envision our special day, and Megan always met us with a smile. She was always so helpful and did everything to meet our needs. She continuously went out of her way to make sure we were a happy couple, and we are so thankful for the service - from the beginning, all the way to the end - that she provided for us.

Thank you for the stellar service!

Sent on 05/19/2013

Stephanie · Married on 04/06/2013

Breath-taking venue!! Event manager Megan did a phenomenal job..she worked so so hard! I don't know how she does it, but she made me feel like I was the only event she was planning for! The hotel is an incredible place and I am going to make sure I return there someday! I went to the top 5 star resort in jamaica and it still didn't compare to how amazing the Ritz and their service is!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Denisse · Married on 10/06/2012

Absolutely gorgeous venue! They were amazing to work with and did absolutely everything they could to make our wedding day special :) The staff at the Ritz has by far the best service!

Sent on 10/23/2012

Hannah · Married on 05/26/2012

My wedding was perfect due to the staff here at the Ritz! Everyone is so helpful and accommodating. Yes it is expensive but worth every penny!

Sent on 08/01/2012

Jennifer · Married on 03/24/2012

The service and attention to detail of the employees a the Ritz-Carlton EXCEEDED my expectations!

Sent on 04/04/2012
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/14/2010

The entire wedding party stayed at the Ritz the night before the wedding. We got ready in our rooms and took our portraits on the grounds before our ceremony in our church. The entire staff was so hospitable and the hotel allowed us to take photos there even though our wedding would be held at a different location. Different employees would check in on us throughout the hot August morning and brought bottled water continuously. They even let us take photos pretending to be the hotel staff behind the check in counter! It was a lot of fun, and the staff was so courteous. Loved the experience!

Sent on 03/19/2011

Bridget · Married on 04/24/2010

I could not have imagined a better experience from the planning to mode right to the wedding day. Everything was perfect and there is not one thing I could have asked for to have been better. The entire staff was kind, and attentive to every need. They made all of us feel as if my daughter's wedding day was as important to them as it was to us. Most of all they took all the stress away from all of us so that we had the very best day of our lives.

The greatest compliment was when my son-in-law turned to my daughter and said "When our kids get married they are having a Ritz wedding!"

Thank-you so much for the wonderful memories we still talk about and always will!

Sent on 02/09/2011

Michelle · Married on 04/03/2010

The Ritz was 5 star all around to work with. From the sales process to the planning process and then to the actual day, everyone was so attentive and professional. I HIGHLY recommend getting married and having your reception at the Ritz Carlton. Also loved having the JW there as well. It was an added bonus and great option for my out of town guests.

Sent on 02/08/2011

Emma · Married on 10/16/2014

We came over to orlando from the uk to hold our wedding at the ritz carleton grand lakes. The venue is so beautiful and the grounds are spectacular I was so impressed from day one of viewing the venue which was over a year before the big day.
    All the staff were so friendly and professional we had our evening meal at primo which is located within the jw Marriott which was also fantastic the only issue I had was the forgot our champagne toast for our guest and as I was leaving just gave me the bottles of champagne to take with me which isn't ideal since I wasn't seeing my guests after the wedding never the less I would 100% recommend this location and the staff for your big day

Sent on 10/29/2014

Andrew · Married on 05/19/2014

Fantastic venue. Staff were superb. Right from Megan organising the area around the ceremony to Gregory at Norman's private dining room.
    Excellent venue.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Natalie · Married on 04/16/2011

We enjoyed working with the staff at The Ritz Carlton-Grande Lakes. They always returned or answered every phone call promptly! Our wedding weekend at the resort was incredible and all the resort staff was fabulous! Our wedding was exactly what we imagined and hoped for! Thank you!!

Sent on 06/02/2011
  • User2035852 · 2+ years ago

3.5

Dream Wedding! Our wedding ceremony and reception was held at The Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes in two of their ballrooms. It was a DREAM wedding! From the moment we stepped foot in the Ritz and spoke with one of the Sales Associates (Grace), we were treated like royalty. As we toured the venue, EVERY member of the staff we encountered, no matter what position, greeted us and made us feel welcome. Our immediate impression was the incredible, personalized service. Of course, we would expect this from The Ritz - that is what the brand is all about. However, the way it was executed was still quite impressive :)

We were happy with the venue itself, the facilities, the food (amazing!!!), the cake (oh my goodness, the
    cake/pastry artist was INCREDIBLE) and our incredible wedding coorindator (Sarah). She was always so cool under pressure and was a pleasure to work with throughout the process. Anytime I had questions, she was always professional, helpful and quick to respond.

Of course, as you may expect, there were some things that we felt were a bit over-priced. An approximate example - $5 for an economy size bag of pretzels in our Hospitality suite. A little much, I think.

Another MAJOR issue we had was the parking - the Ritz was the only 5-star venue that did not cover parking for our guests. Self-parking and valet parking were discounted but guests still had to pay $11 and $17/day respectively. The Waldorf and other competing sites offered complimentary parking. I'm unaware of any major issues day-of, but we personally had several problems in our various visits with the parking folks, who we were told are contracted out and are not technically within the Ritz.

Nonetheless, overall, we were very happy with the venue - the wedding was truly a DREAM! Thanks to the Ritz and everyone on our wedding team there who helped make the event unforgettable - not just for us, but I think for many of our guests, as well!

Sent on 07/01/2012

3.0

Pricey but very beautiful. We enjoyed wonderful food and had great service. Every one is very helpful!

Sent on 03/26/2015

zendlath · Married on 09/25/2015

3.8
      3.5
      3.0

The only issue I had is extra charges that apply if you have a small wedding (around 30-35 people)

Sent on 04/14/2015

0.2
      1.0
      0.0

BEYOND INCOMPETENT. The service the day of the wedding was the only good thing about the whole wedding planning process with the Ritz Carlton, they left so much to be desired. There was lack of communication and frankly respect during the WHOLE PROCESS. if you invest a large amount of money and time the least you can expect is decent customer service. I truly regret signing a contract with the Ritz Carlton and choosing them as my venue it ruined the whole wedding planning process for me and left me nothing but disappointed and stressed. They were terrible to work with and are extremely incompetent, they will leave you disappointed. I don't want anyone to go through the stress I did with them. That is why I am writing this review. They put the name Ritz Carlton to shame.

Sent on 09/02/2015

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes's reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent wedding with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. We strive to provide services that exceed the expectations of our guests and I apologize that we did not achieve that goal with you. Your feedback is sincerely valued and I would like the opportunity to discuss the planning of your wedding in detail. If you would like to discuss your experience further, I may be reached at 407-393-4130 or via email at john.hart@ritzcarlton.com

Sincerely,