The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey Reviews

9 | Marina del Rey, CA

9 Reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey

Atoosa · Married on 08/11/2018

We worked with a few people at the Ritz over the course of a year and a half to plan our wedding. They were all great, especially Shaina! The rose garden ceremony area itself is beautiful and the hotel has been renovated with a new modern artsy look in the past year. We got all of our food for the cocktail hour and reception from the Ritz and it was impeccable!

Sent on 08/18/2018
  • JessBaran

Jessica · Married on 03/19/2016

I can't say enough good things about the hotel. We had an amazing experience and everyone was extremely professional. If you have the chance to work with Zhiella, you are in GREAT hands. She made sure my wedding was perfect, and even greeted my husband and me with champagne and Coors Light as soon as we were announced husband and wife and walked down the aisle. She really made the day extra special with lots of little treats coming in the hotel room while getting ready.

Sent on 03/25/2016

Esther S. · Married on 01/22/2012

Everything at the Ritz Carlton, Marina Del Rey was wonderful! They were amazing to work with, particularly Malinda Sheetz who was handling our wedding event! They accommodated all of our requests and did everything possible to make our wedding run smoothly and make us feel special.

The phrase that we used repeatedly during our wedding weekend there was "Wow, nice touch, Ritz!"

Sent on 07/09/2013

Peggy · Married on 03/05/2011

3.5

We had our wedding here on March 5th and I can honestly say it was one of the most perfect wedding we could have possibly asked for. Our meetings event manager, Malinda, is an absolute pleasure to work with during the entire wedding planning process! And we were so impressed with this venue, from the time we checked in at the hotel, to the wedding food, venue setup ….the service here really is legendary.

Sent on 03/29/2011

Cristina · Married on 06/07/2008

Wouldn't have picked another place to get married. The Garden was so Beautiful

Sent on 08/27/2008

4.2
      3.0

Great service, good value for money.

Sent on 05/19/2015

Christina · Married on 08/02/2008

3.0

The Ritz in Marina Del Rey was beautiful to get married at, but definitely expensive. The staff was nice and the coordinator was very quick to respond. I had a few issues with the fact they threw out the top of my cake and did not give to me. They threw out all my boxes for centerpieces i brought and on top of that my Iphone was stolen out of my room, I can't point fingers, but i do believe it was the staff. Although they did give me an experience of a life time.

Sent on 08/19/2008

Alison · Married on 02/23/2013

3.5

They were incredibly nice, and really honest. They also gave us a great deal on our room since we were getting Married in February. And we put down a deposit for the hosted bar and they ACTUALLY RETURNED SOME OF IT, saying we didn't use it up. I loved the room, it was so beautiful we almost don't need to decorate it. But we did, and it was so beautiful I almost cried when I was checking it out right before our ceremony. They are classy about everything. When we signed the contract for our wedding, after we signed, they told us they were throwing in a night at the hotel for me and my new husband for free. How classy is that?

Sent on 03/20/2013

Annie · Married on 03/22/2008

2.2
      1.5
      2.5

Basically, you pay for the name. Service on the day of the wedding was great. But communication after putting the initial deposit down and the day before the wedding was non existent. They give you a contact person, but they don't return your emails or phone calls. They switched our contact person and didn't even let me know until a few weeks before the wedding. But on the day of the wedding, service was so great that you wouldn't have known there was drama. Service from the maitre'd and the waiters was great. Service from the event coordinator sucked. We had our ceremony in their Rose garden (under the gazebo) which was nice...since the roses just bloomed. It's good enough for 150 guests. Reception was in their marina ballroom which is adjacent to the rose garden. It was nice for 150 guests and a small dance floor. Food is good, but not worth the cost. Again, you're paying for the name.

Sent on 07/08/2008