The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland Reviews

14 | Cleveland, OH

14 Reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland

Erica · Married on 12/10/2016

Getting married at the Ritz-Carlton was one of the singular best choices that we made in our wedding planning. My husband and I visited and contacted countless wedding venues, from Severance, to the Botanical Gardens, to other hotels, to the Club at Hillbrook, and none compared to the Ritz-Carlton in the combination of elegant appearance, luxurious service, and downtown glamour. The convenience of having a hotel wedding cannot be understated, but the fact that the Ritz-Carlton is tucked away grants it an exclusivity and a uniqueness that completely differentiates it from other hotels. From our initial visit to our tasting, and other planning meetings in between, we were treated like royalty. This treatment continued for our guests and wowed everyone who attended. The hotel is completely renovated as of late 2016, and the ballroom is impeccably decorated - the furniture (especially in the pre-function space) looks like furniture that you might pay to rent for a party. The food is exquisite not only in taste but in decoration. The white-gloved butlers who assist guests throughout the night make an incredible impression, and the hotel is simply gorgeous. The hotel is just the most incredible package when it comes to hosting a wedding. In addition to this, the brunch the morning after in the Riverview Room was incredible - not only is the spread wonderful, but the room set up looks more beautiful than I could have imagined! The staff moved all of our floral arrangements into the room so that we could enjoy them again, and they brought all desserts from the evening prior and to-go bags for guests so that nothing went to waste. Everything is presented with complete grace and beauty - I cannot stress enough what a wonder it was to have my wedding at the Ritz!! Working with Janna Woo, the wedding coordinator at the Ritz, is seamless, and she is incredibly kind and helpful in making sure that every element of the wedding goes smoothly and just how the bride imagines. I wou

Sent on 01/08/2017

chris · Married on 06/09/2012

The Rtiz Carlton was the perfect place to have our wedding. If you are looking at 250+ guests check out the Silver Grille as it is a fun and unique room to host your wedding. The staff there is great. Emily was our wedding coordinator and she was fun and on top of everything! She kept everything running smoothly and made my day stress free... David Rabinsky was great and worked with us so well on making all of the elements we wanted to include come together perfectly. He was flexible and attentive. If you want perfection for your wedding then have it at the Ritz Carlton in Cleveland and you will not be sorry.. Their attention to detail is unmatched..Thanks to you all at the RC for making our wedding such a memorable event!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Katie · Married on 12/10/2011

I was dead set against a hotel or country club wedding because I wanted something different and totally me. I struggled to find something I loved. I had originally put a deposit down at another venue, but was uneasy about it. I decided to look a few hotels and noticed that the Ritz Carlton had added wedding packages (when I had first looked they did everything a la carte and it was pricey). Everyone at the Ritz was amazing and great to work with. We loved all the coordinators who helped us every step of the way. We had a spectacular night!

Sent on 12/27/2011
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 05/14/2011

awesome service, amazing staff, i loved ever second!!!

Sent on 05/15/2011

Aaron · Married on 05/25/2008

Really fantastic. Every single detail and concern was attended to, and the food was fantastic. When was the last time you had food served to 230 people where EVERYONE had a terrific meal???

Sent on 07/04/2008

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2013

You get what you pay for. We were amazed at everything the Ritz-Carlton did to make our wedding a success. Emily, our assigned coordinator was a true professional. She took the reigns and made sure everything went smoothly, right down to cueing the pianist during our ceremony and coordinating the reception with the DJ. I was able to sit back and enjoy my wedding day without having to stress the details. The hotel staff treated us, and all of our guests like family. You may pay slightly more, but the extras they include for you really make up for it. Other places we looked at nickel and dime you, so at the end of the day, you're paying just as much but without the class and elegance the Ritz can provide. I would definitely recommend holding any event at the Ritz-Carlton.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Betty · Married on 05/02/2009

Our ceremony was in the Riverview Room and reception in the Ballroom, and it was all flawless and very well executed. During the planning, Casie and her staff were so organized and endlessly accomodating. They were all incredibly experienced and made sure no detail was overlooked. Everything was truly superb!

Sent on 05/27/2009

Susan · Married on 06/08/2013

The Ritz treated us like royalty from our rehearsal to our day-after brunch. We could not have chosen a better wedding venue. We wanted to show our guests (most of them from the East Coast) that you could have a classy wedding in Cleveland. The food was fantastic and the presentation, equally so. All of our guests raved about the personalized attention they received from the Ritz staff. The location was also very convenient for out of town guests. The attention to detail shown by our event planner obviated the need for a separate wedding planner. It was certainly not cheap, but the peace of mind we had knowing every detail would be perfectly executed was well worth the price!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Heidi · Married on 05/07/2011

3.5

Our wedding coordinator, Jennifer Dale, made our wedding reception so perfect. She was very responsive to the many emails that I sent her. She was very organized and set up the room exactly as planned. She was also a pleasure to work with.

The tasting was so fun and it was difficult to chose what to serve as it all tasted and looked so good. The food tasted phenomenal.

Overall, pricey, but we came out with no complaints, so if you want a stress-free experience, extra cost may be worth it to you!

Everyone complimented us on our venue and the service!!!

Sent on 05/31/2011

Allison · Married on 09/30/2017

We recently had our wedding at the Silver Grille at the Higbee Building, which is associated with the Ritz Carlton - Cleveland. As soon as you book your wedding with the Ritz, you are immediately assigned with an event planner who serves as your contact for the planning process and the wedding day. This service definitely has its pros and cons - we were assigned a new planner, who had not had experience planning events in this particular space. At times, she was forgetful, and my husband, mom and I felt that we had to remind her many times of different things that we had discussed. We also had a mix up with the seating arrangements - when I arrived at the venue on the day of, we discovered that the table numbers had been placed on the wrong tables. The issue was corrected (after I had to reassign all of the table numbers), but I give a ton of credit to the banquet set-up team for making the adjustments before any of our guest arrived! There were also a few smaller things that we were promised would happen on the day of, that didn't end up happening. Despite the few hiccups, overall, I believe that the planning process was a positive experience. It was nice to have our planner coordinate with all of our vendors for the day of set-up. It was also nice to have one contact we could use for all of our questions. The rest of the Ritz staff was incredible on the day of! As my husband and I walked through the hotel, it seemed that everyone knew us (even when we weren't in our dress/tux)! The banquet staff was so accommodating and friendly - there seemed to always be someone nearby when we needed something, and any request we had was taken care of immediately. I would definitely have another event there because the banquet team's service was unmatched. Next time, I would probably just take even more care in making sure the the event planner was carrying out everything that we had discussed.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Maura · Married on 12/27/2008

3.0

The event was fabulous however a lot of oversight was required in the pre-planning stages and in the stages related to booking hotel rooms. The coordinators were not as thorough as I would have expected and were not as well coordinated with the aspect related to booking rooms as I would have anticipated.

Sent on 02/11/2009

Deborah · Married on 07/24/2010

4.2
      3.0

When my now husband and I walked into the Ritz for our meeting with David, we were pretty sure we would not get married there. The idea of the ritziness clashing with our personal style, and the thought of a black tie gala for our wedding just didn't seem us. Then David spoke those magic words "Just because it's at the Ritz-Carlton, doesn't mean it has to be a 'Ritz-Carlton Wedding.' "

Through the entire process they were amazing to work with. We even had our coordinator change over in the middle and they made sure that no plans got lost and that everything was handled.

The tasting were phenomenal and all the food was absolutely divine. Picking the menu was very difficult because everything we tried just tasted so good.

The service, the style, the 2:30am-open-bar, and the food made it a night to remember. It could not have been more perfect for my husband and I.

Sent on 03/03/2011

Donna · Married on 07/13/2007

4.2
      2.5

We had a beautiful ceremony here- the hall was great and it was a pleasure to work the staff, they accomodated all our requests (a chuppah, etc.).

Sent on 09/28/2008