54 Reviews for The Rev For Whatev

Buddhist (1)
No Denomination (1)
Agnostic (1)
54 The Rev For Whatev Reviews

Anne did a wonderful job delivering our ceremony - we absolutely recommend her!

Profile Picture Katherine, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

A true pleasure! Couldn’t be happier with the services I received. Professional, friendly , attentive, affordable and accommodating!

Profile Picture Tanya, 12/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Anne recently officiated our wedding, and she was exactly what we were looking for.

My now-husband and I knew from the get-go that we wanted a simple, non-religious ceremony, but one that was a bit more significant than having a friend get ordained online. After a little online searching I came across Rev. Anne, and after seeing that she named her business The Rev for Whatev, I knew she was just what we wanted.

We had an initial Skype call to talk about what we wanted our ceremony to be, and she was friendly and receptive to everything, and sent us sample ceremony scripts that we could either choose or use as inspiration to create our own. We wound up using pieces of her non-religious ceremony scripts, picking a reading of our own, writing our own vows, and sharing a personal story, all of which Rev. Anne collaborated seamlessly into an eloquent ceremony.

We didn't have a wedding party processional, so we opted to not do a rehearsal, so we didn't actual meet Rev. Anne until the big day. She sent us a helpful email in the week beforehand reminding us of key things and showed up early the day-of to walk us through everything that was about to happen. She was calm, organized, and friendly, and immediately picked up on the fun/casual vibe we wanted our day to have. She even fixed my train for me before I headed down the aisle!

Our ceremony went off without a hitch and had everything we wanted in it. Multiple people came up to us during the reception to tell us how great the ceremony was, specifically calling out our officiant as being awesome. Within the next week, Rev. Anne emailed us the delivery confirmation for our marriage license that she had submitted so we knew all the paperwork had been sent.

If I ever get married again (hopefully not!), I would hire Rev. Anne again in a heartbeat, and can't recommend her highly enough to anyone currently looking for an officiant who will be flexible enough to do their ceremony their way.

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/14/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Rev Anne was amazing! She made our wedding ceremony so beautiful and meaningful! She took her time to do the ceremony and you could really tell how passionate she was about making this the best day of our lives! She was very professionally from the day that I met with her and you could tell she loves what she does. She was a pleasure to work with and truly made the whole process extremely easy. She helped me created an outstanding ceremony that I will remember forever! I would highly recommend Anne to anyone!

Profile Picture Melanie, 7/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We love working with Rev For Whatev. Anne have always delivered great service and very friendly and professional reverent. Looking forward in working in many events to come!

Thanks,
Extreme Sounds Entertainment & Lighting
extremesoundsentcom

Profile Picture Tony, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

When we started our search for a wedding officiant, my husband and I set out to find someone that would make our ceremony as meaningful as possible and when we came across Rev. Anne’s website, we knew she was the one. Her website and Facebook page allowed us to see pictures and video of all of the many weddings that she has performed and really convinced us that she was exactly what we were looking for. From the very beginning, she was prompt in communicating with us. She allowed us to piece together an individualized ceremony from examples of several different scripts, allowing us to choose the parts that really spoke to us as a couple. We booked a rehearsal with her as well and although I am a complete control freak about everything, I was so grateful to have Rev. Anne there as she was able to put my mind completely at ease regarding the details of the ceremony. On the day of our wedding, the weather was great and we were surrounded by loved ones, but Rev. Anne’s flawless delivery of the beautifully written wording and vows really made our ceremony perfect! We have had SO many compliments on what a great job she did and how much everyone loved what was said during the ceremony. We would recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat! Thanks again, Rev. Anne! (Married 10-8-16)

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/1/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Anne officiated our wedding a couple of weeks ago. She was helpful and organized during the planning process and helped us come up with a personalized ceremony that was just perfect. She helped us to weave in quotes, readings, and even a special "family circle" to include my daughter.

On wedding day, things weren't going as planned due to issues with the venue, but Anne stepped in to keep things calm and flowing as well as possible. For the ceremony itself, things went even better than expected.

Our guests raved about Anne and the ceremony. We got so many wonderful comments about her and got a lot of requests for her info, which we happily gave.

Choosing "The Rev for Whatev" was one of the best wedding decisions we made and I can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Ryan, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Agnostic, Non-religious

Rev. Anne performed the most beautiful ceremony for our wedding. All of our guests gushed over how wonderful she was. We highly recommend her services!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Anne and Pam were a pleasure to work with. They were both very friendly and helpful throughout the process. Their flexibility was great and they exceeded our needs and expectations! Thanks so much for a fun and beautiful ceremony!

Profile Picture Joann, 7/16/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev Anne was amazing!!! She accommodated all of our requests, was so kind, and made the whole wedding party and parents totally at ease. We didn't speak until 20 minutes before the ceremony, and I knew I was in great hands. Very responsive over email. Heartfelt ceremony! INCREDIBLE VALUE!!!

Profile Picture Amber, 5/29/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Fantastic job! Rev. Anne did a beautiful job with our ceremony. From start to finish. Great communication and wonderful ceremony. Thanks Rev!

Profile Picture Jim, 11/14/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Buddhist, Catholic, Rehearsal

My wife and I were married on Nov. 8th at the 19th Century Club in Oak Park Illinois. In the year leading up to the wedding we spend the majority of our agonizing on the details of the all-important reception, like most of our engaged/married peers did.

But here's the thing... our ceremony was the best part of the night! And so much of that is because of Rev. Anne. She brought experience, responsiveness, flexibility, and charisma to every aspect of planning and officiating our wedding. With a keen blend of gravitas and friendly midwestern warmth, Anne just makes you feel like you've known her for years. My wife and I felt like we had an old friend up there with us.

Her deft touch was made all the more spectacular by the fact that we planned this Illinois wedding from Washington, D.C. Anne was vigilant in meeting us over skype, ensuring that we could together craft a personal and meaningful secular ceremony. It was a truly tailor-made ceremony using mostly Anne's well-considered and thoughtful language.

During our rehearsal, Anne kept things moving efficiently. She handled our questions with humor and grace and we felt very confident going into the ceremony. At the wedding itself, Anne brought the words on the page to life and amazingly kept a nervous and otherwise easily distracted groom totally absorbed in the moment.

After all the drinks, dancing, and funny photobooth pics -- it's still the vows and promises my wife and I made that resonate in our minds. And isn't that how it should be? Anne was instrumental in making those moments ones we will never forget.

Could not recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture User5633136, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Anne Styx was the officiant for our wedding, and my wife and I could not have been happier with the job she did. She made us both feel very comfortable given the stresses of getting married and gave a fantastic service. We would definitely recommend her.

Profile Picture User6144658, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows

Rev. Anne Styx was awesome and we are so glad that we chose her to be our officiant for our wedding day!

Profile Picture User4128958, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jessica was awesome! The Rev for Whatev couldn't have provided us with better Rev. We had a small wedding, we didn't even need a rehearsal dinner. Jessica scheduled a Skype call to go over everything and make sure we have what we wanted. Everyone commented about the ceremony and how well it went. Not only she provided the beautiful ceremony (Yes, she almost made me cry!!), she also provided weather updates:) We can't thank you enough Jessica!! Much appreciated!

Profile Picture Magdalena, 7/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We had a great experience with Rev. Styx. She worked with us very last minute and still made the ceremony very personal. We didn't want to mention religion, and she kept to our wishes. She added key cultural elements and she was already familiar with them, which speaks to her experience. Her pricing was very fair and she always responded within hours, was early and very helpful. We heard from a lot of friends that they thought we had known Rev. Styx for years and that they thought her words really fit us.

Profile Picture User5229382, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I cannot say enough good things about Rev. Anne. She created such a beautiful service for us. It was so personal and thoughtful. All my guests remarked how beautiful it was. She was so accommodating though out the process and she even came all the way out to Rockford. Memories of my wedding will be filled with the wonderful service. I would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Jenifer , 6/6/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I hired Reverend Anne over a year in advance of my wedding, knowing that she personally books up quickly. After working with her, I understand why. Reverend Anne was extremely patient, responsive. and helpful through many ceremony revisions and the planning process. Reverend Anne made herself available and traveled quite a distance for a very small and very casual rehearsal dinner and she made a special effort to make everyone comfortable and answer everyone's questions. Reverend Anne was completely supportive of our non-traditional choices. The day of, when I was having a bit of a last minute panic, Reverend Anne helped me coordinate to make sure late-coming guests wouldn't interrupt the ceremony. The ceremony and wedding meal blessing were both beautifully performed, and I couldn't be more pleased. I'd recommend Reverend Anne very strongly for your event.

Profile Picture User4858810, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Anne was so amazing to work with for my wedding! My husband and I searched all over for someone who would provide a loving and beautiful secular ceremony without making us feel awkward about it. We Skyped Rev. Anne from out of state and instantly knew she was perfect for us. Rev. Anne is friendly, professional, and flexible. She sent us a wedding ceremony draft and we edited it with her by email a few months before the wedding, and we made final adjustments about a week beforehand. The first day we actually met her was at the rehearsal, but we felt like we'd already known her for a long time. The ceremony itself was beautiful, and a ton of our guests (even the very religious ones) commented that her delivery was spectacular. I would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture User4471681, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

After our ceremony, we greeted each of our guests individually as they entered the reception. They ALL said the same thing to us: "What a beautiful, meaningful ceremony! It was so "you"!" Many of them asked us how we knew Rev Anne Styx, and were completely shocked when we said we actually didn't know her at all. The ceremony was just so personal and heartfelt, it seemed as if The Rev was an old friend of ours. We planned our entire wedding long-distance, so pretty much all of our communications with The Rev were via email. It worked out wonderfully. Anytime we had an idea or suggestion for our ceremony, she responded quickly and enthusiastically. It didn't take long at all to nail down the final wording for our ceremony. It was beautiful on paper, but even more incredible when we finally experienced it on our wedding day. You simply can't go wrong with The Rev for Whatev. She is awesome!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/8/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Anne was amazing. She made me and my wife extremely comfortable during our rehearsal and kept me calm while my wife and the bridesmaids were late due to traffic. Our wedding ceremony was beautiful! We kept in contact through email which she responded to in a timely manner. She took into consideration my wife's daughter who wanted to be a part of the ceremony and even let her read her own vows (that idea was brought up the day of the wedding). I can't give enough thanks to Rev. Anne for helping make our wedding day beautiful.

Profile Picture Richard, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Anne was really great at being flexible with our wedding ceremony. She really does cater to whatever you are looking for. We wanted a very simple vow ceremony and she had sample outlines for us to look at and talk through to decide what we were looking for. She has a checklist that helps you discuss with your soon-to-be your ideal ceremony (i.e. how you would prefer her to dress- formal/informal, religion, prayers, songs, quotes, ceremony practices such as a unity candle or sand, and so forth). We picked parts from a few of her outlines and put a little flair of our own personalities in. Since we live far away, we set up Skype sessions to discuss our ideal ceremony. She also agreed to stay to do a before dinner prayer. She was overly friendly and very professional.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 3/1/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Anne kicked butt on our October 5th wedding! I could not be happier with her service and just how happy and great she is as a person! She is such a sweetheart and was so accommodating with everything. She was always helpful and gave a lot of insight with our ceremony and how to build it. I definitely recommend her for a no fuss couple looking to do things their way. We got a lot of compliments on her and I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Thanks Rev. Anne!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/5/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We had Val and we loved her!!! Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/6/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Excellent job and beautiful ceremony! We absolutely loved working with her. She made the whole process easy and was very professional. She was flexible and responsive. She made the ceremony exactly what we had envisioned. We were very pleased. She was also a great value!

Profile Picture User3350354, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews